• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
SweaterSaint
Tags:
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 ChazGhost ChazGhost ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (Open)

b7bXtg4.png

She sighs shaking her head "Player? Well, I won't deny I am using this situation to the best possible outcome that I desire, though really I would prefer a realist if you're going to use any term" while internally she is mentally facepalming at this girls stupidity, great another loose liability to have to deal with, giving a faint laugh to she shrugs before continuing "But regarding in that room? Its called natural charisma and while I do try my best to keep it somewhat restrained it really is difficult to hide what one has in vast abundance" her gaze lowering down on her with a wry smile. She does however also send an internal message over to the girl with a topic she would not willingly speak out loud.

*Can we keep the Player and other such languages to a minimum? Really none of these people are NPC's nor seem to hold any knowledge of the game itself so having them overhear it really is not the smartest move. Anyone from Yggdrasil should know just how valuable information can be so can we at least try not to blurt it out like some trial newbie?*

She turns her head to pat Deans head slowly before back to the angry girl "Now as for how to sway him? I can assure you there really was not any real unnatural methods. The charms of a good woman can do wonders and there are few immunes towards such, its only a natural response...though as for nothing previously being able to sway him? Well, it's obvious that he had never encountered someone like me if his infatuation is not clear already, its a shame but I am generous by nature so I don't mind."

*He's a hot-headed guy but a guy none the less, All I did was give him a glimpse of what I'm working with and a few choice words to prevent him doing something....* pausing for a moment *taking more reckless actions, I've been in the village for less than an hour and so far he had already started a mass panic flying overhead and then threaten the king with something I am fairly sure he would actually do....and id rather not a burning city full of screaming people to clean up. He needs a handler to keep this place in one piece and well i have a particular set of skills that make me a dream for people like him* gesturing him to lightly with a move of her head before going on to address her first question *Name wise...Karen but i guess you meant user name and that would be SweaterSaint or...*

"I am so very sorry you did miss my introduction but I'm certain my reputation will eventually precede me, For now.." moving a arm out with a staff in a dramatic gesture "Swie'Tiar, First of her name, High Lady of the Capricious Miracles Communion, Maiden of the Great Alabaster sea, Golden Visage and Bountiful Embrace..." *And I suppose also Former leader of the late Sweater Puppies guild.*

Jane and Soma
Tags:
ChazGhost ChazGhost ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

y7QoLJV.png

Soma seems to nod with a smile "Oh well most ants that expand to this point have multiple queens, subcolonies and all that....so we really should aim for one of those in a newer tunnel system since there would be far fewer ants overall to deal with." tapping her lips slightly as Jane just looks over them "Oh right and well the censors can also be used to a lesser extent to disorientate any attackers so there are less to deal with overall when going for it...I mean its what the books say so I'm sure it should work"

Yapora
Her teeth grated for a moment, jaw line moving back and forth...'trial newbie'. She'd been playing it safe this entire time, and if Dean hadn't gone and pissed her off she wouldn't be making obvious mistakes now! That ignorant, woman addled- she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Calm...calm. Deep breaths, act civil. Keep conversation going, get messages running, play it smart...Why was she so damn testy lately? She would never get like this, let alone make blatant errors. "I apologize for the name calling miss, I just call it as I see it. I'll use realist from now one, as you desire. You certainly do have a way with words, I must admit...to sway the king so easily! You must give me a pointer sometime."

As she spoke, she was internally formatting a message after receiving her first. Forgive me...Haven't been myself since this happened, I've been playing it smart until this moment, cut me some slack. It's not like I'm shouting it or anything either, I've kept my voice low as possible....and for the love of god please don't call me a newbie, I just felt my skin crawl. Despite her somewhat aggravated message, she feigned a polite smile, glancing at Dean. "He must not see me as too good a woman then, I've known him for quite some time. He's always been a bit of a handful though, so I suppose I'm just lucky."

That sounds exactly like my friend here....he's a good guy, just aggravating and doesn't think like he should sometimes. I think I got here about an hour ago now, and I am thoroughly lost. I transferred over in some sort of magical forest in my room, and that's all I've got so far. I've gotten no information outside of the fact where we're situated, that it's mainly high elves...and that said high elves are dicks...I'd call myself Deans handler, but you pull it off better which is...unbelievably aggravating....I'll make a deal with you. I just want to find out what's going on, and obviously I can't leave Dean here alone with you as I hardly know you. But I need answers, and I'd wager you do to...so a temporary treaty, if you will? Wait....SweaterSaint, as in the YITCH streamer? Interesting...Right, names. Sophia, or BurningSalvation....infinitely less popular than you, unless you liked underdogs.

"A reputation to precede you? How interesting, no wonder you have such skill, what with all the titles you possess and the way you hold yourself! I have nowhere near as many ways to address myself! I am simply Yapora Thestar, a child of the platinum lord." Unique way to give herself a title, but 'Child of Bahamut' was too much of a name drop and titles were always more allusion than anything. And guild lead for DrakesGaurd for what it's worth...or what remains of it.
PlusUltra PlusUltra

SweaterSaint
Tags:
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 ChazGhost ChazGhost ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (Open)

b7bXtg4.png

Nodding to herself slightly she gives a wider smile at the words in response, hopefully, they gain some common sense and learning to play the part quickly was definitely a good sign "Oh apologize accepted, and I'm certain I could find time for a genuine student...after a period of rest of course"

*Oh your not the only one, I mean quite literally waking up in a body so familiar yet alien is definitely enough to tilt someone, though not going to say it was altogether unpleasant it has still had troublesome complication after complication. There are more than enough ways to overhear verbal messages which is why the PM system was so handy, If I can keep it together in this Insanity I'm sure you can too, just take a moment and breath to compose yourself* Her tone was not at all condescending and felt very genuine in its approach, she was not the only one having issues and with that, she could more than relate.

*As for the situation there are several territories and factions at work due to historic disputes and actions of ancestors, the elves have decided to enslave prisons taken when drow attacked, the drow is so set on settling an age-old grudge with the help of potentially another player or someone quite powerful regardless. Now in order to have some peace, there needs to be a solution found that preferably doesn't end in one side being genocided....* shaking her head slightly at the thought *Really what I wouldn't give for it to be.....Kill 10 Boars again but such is not a fortune but a treaty works just fine I suppose.*

"Oh they were titles given among others though to state all would require several breaths if you would like My Lady or simply Tia for short would more than suffice young Yapora" the grin widening as it was clear she was enjoying herself perhaps more than she should and forgetting for a moment the long list of issues she had already committed herself to address. *Popularity was Power but we were nowhere near the top in anything but poles and name recognition, More than a glorified Fanclub than anything though it did provide good networking and make the daily grind easier to gain favor. But given the number of people around in general, especially at the server shutdown, I suspect the player base has shrunk substantially so stands to reason so too has the guilds rosters....but back to your concern with Dean, if you would like i do have a place for him were he cant get into trouble and should be content and one that you may review if you wish, you do hold your communication abilities with him of course so its not like you would be unaware to his state. But i understand that takes more trust so its up to you as long as you dont start burning down cities* taking a glance towards dean for a moment *It should work fine.*

Norvain
Asagi Asagi

The hooded man kept his cool as Neire's horror show contiued. "Good, I can an insure as long you keep the end of the bargain, we will keep ours. We nothing more if not men of our word" the hooded man explained. "And for what we want you to do is simple. We have some of our familiar's watching the area around the city and once they spot invaders, we want you to go stop them before they reach the city. We'll give what support we can and your welcome to go out possible prepare any traps or wire if you like. We can give you a general direction of where they should be coming from" the hooded man stated explaining the basic plan.

Sky Fortress Wreckage
LostHaven LostHaven

"You are better than I thought," Roostervelt said as his clone attack failed and Faust began his final great assault with a magical storm of death. "But if you think this will be enough, your wrong because I haven't use much MP in this fight, until now" Roostervelt mocked channeling magic from a ring of heat/fire immunity he wore into his blade. "Flame Barrier!" Roostervelt cast as a shield of fire appeared around him, blocking and melting the ice attack that came at him The shield was powerful, though it seemed to make broke the ring Roostervelt used to help cast it.

Meanwhile, outside the magical battlefield of Faust making, a suited man waited for the battle to end. "I wonder if Mr.Roostervelt can really defeat him... Though his loss would only be a minor one... Once the barrier is gone attack with all your might on any who appear from it" the suited man ordered the raid boss and machines, as they turn their weapons to the arena...

Dwarven city
THE ANT LABYRINTH
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles PlusUltra PlusUltra Blackvelvet Blackvelvet BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji

After a short time of travel and following the directions of the dwarf, our "heroes" found themselves at the entrance of a large ruff circler tunnel. Going even near the tunnel gave everyone a strange feeling like it was somehow a completely different place compared to the rest of the dwarven city. The feeling also felt somehow familiar yet not at the same time. Upon entering the tunnel the former player would all be hit with the same thought, dungeon.

How or why they felt that was another mystery to add to the pile. But the group wouldn't have much time to think on that topic as a voice enter all heroes heads at once.

Intruders...leave my kingdom...or become apart of our kingdom permanently...

Shortly after the voice in there head spoke giant red-colored ants began to break down tunnels walls to surround the group. And to make matters worse the ants began shooting fire from their mouths...

1444055492164744641.jpg

5651C54C-ACE5-46E3-B363-48CE02419E71.pngElise Gremory

Skyship ruins
LostHaven LostHaven ChazGhost ChazGhost

Gremory appeared before Faust, listening to his instructions. She looked at the guild ring, and nodded to Faust, saying “Sure thing then.” Before instantly transporting herself to Ragna’s floor. She cast a quick clairvoyance spell, quickly showing her a path to Ragna’s personal quarters. She smiled, following the memory of the path that’d she’d been shown at a brisk walk. She opened the doors to the quarters, peering inside, and cautiously moving into the room. She tsk’d, and said “‘Tis a shame that this place will be ravaged so soon...”

She moved to the drawers, and opened up them up, but not before quickly checking for magical traps. And there were none that she could identify, and seeing as time was of the essence, she decided to take her chances, grabbing the book, The Glory of Science, and The Beauty of Magic. She scoffed, remarking to herself “What need does Faust have of this book... I’d be sure he’d memorized these... or perhaps he just doesn’t want them in Havoc’s End’s hands... mhm, that makes more sense.” She then grabbed the timeout cube, and used the guild ring once more, to transport herself to Faust’s quarter.

It wasn’t hard for her to locate the ‘Heart of the Deathgod’ as Faust called it. It oozed magical power, not to mention it was sitting atop a podium, amidst a clutter of books and a single armchair, and for someone like Gremory, she was practically drawn to the heart. She put it in her inventory, and then reviewed her mental list in her head. “Nothing left, if I remember correctly. Time to see what Faust’s dealing with”. She said, using the ring a final time, to return to where she’d been, not before entering her stealthed form. Returning to the battle field, she simply uttered “Shit.”

She witnessed what could only be described as an ambush. She’d been alerted to Faust using the spell, and she’d been timing in her head exactly how long it’d take until he reappeared. She prepared the timeout cube, saying “Thank Christ for paranoia.” She noticed the suited man, and knowing that Faust had but only seconds left, before she would enact her plan, she decided to play with her enemy. She appeared beside the suited man, saying “Mhm, yes, but see, what happens if its only your ally left standing in that arena?”

She counted 3... She pulled out the cube and prepared it, 2... she readied greater teleportation 1. Faust and Roostervelt both would’ve appeared, but Gremory smiled, and activated the timeout cube, trapping Faust within it, before waving to the suited man and saying “Toodaloo”, before teleporting away, vanishing even more quickly than she’d appeared. She smiled, thinking about the poor fate that might be about to befall Roostervelt.

Last edited:
Faust Windfallow
Sky Fortress Wreckage | ChazGhost ChazGhost Prince_ Prince_

"Fuck's sake, did you literally prepare every possible counter to my kit you could think of?" Faust mumbled annoyedly, choosing to halt on the AOE bombardment. However, Roostervelt had made a fatal mistake in raising a barrier of flames - he had given away his position. In hindsight, it was probably better to have just sat through the blizzard, even if Roostervelt would have taken a large sum of damage. Now, instead of smoking out his opponent with large AOEs, Faust had an exact idea of where to strike.

"Death's Grasp!" A circle appeared on the ground, at the epicentre of Roostervelt's barrier. After a short delay, targets within would be caught by a skeletal talon, rooting them in place and dealing a mediocre sum of Necrotic damage. However, midway through finishing off the bird, Faust was alerted via message by Gremory - that his current position had been surrounded in its entirety, and the orders she had overheard. "Once the barrier is gone attack with all your might on any who appear from it."

Faust cancelled the channel. Then, he gazed at Roostervelt, and laughed. First, a small chuckle that escaped his throat, which escalated into maniacal laughter - mad cackling that shook the spine of even the most stalwart hearts. "Ahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Faust howled into the sky like a lunatic while Roostervelt was unable to move, before returning his full attention to the birdman. "Triple Maximize Over-Magic, Echoes of the Void! Malediction of Binding!" First, Roostervelt would be silenced for eighteen whole seconds, before shackled and pulled onto his knees by ebon chains of shadow that extended outward from the ground. "Oh, this is just way too good!" The lich exclaimed, "killing you off this way is much more entertaining!"

Then, in an uncharacteristic display, Faust reached out to his mask, and slowly removed the guise hiding his true face, and what stared back at Sir. Roostervelt - was the face of Death. Too bad - soon there would be non that remember. "The curtains close, little bird - this is your death now. I thank you for what meager entertainment you've provided." Then, turning away from Roostervelt and returning his mask back to its rightful place, Faust left one last parting gift before Soulbond Duel wore off, and their stats were returned to as they were - including Faust's terrifyingly high Magic Attack. "Delay Over-Magic, Grand Disintegration."

The moment the Soulbond Duel expired, an enormous nova of energy exploded outward, shaking the earth to its core as it tore through the air - it wasn't Super-Tier Magic, but it sure as all hell looked like it. A hail of bullets rained upon those hidden by the explosion, with no feasible way to locate nor identify the two combatants that had previous been locked in their duel. They could only hope that the lich had also been caught in there.

As for Roostervelt?

Let us hope fortune's whims favored him that day.

divider.png

Encampment

Somewhere between the time the soldiers were preoccupied with burying their fallen, Xylzrilyn had been alerted by his creator - an order to return to the crash site immediately. They had left, with only a word to Alevia, about 'urgent business' that, unfortunately, could not be delayed at any cost. When the doppelganger had arrived at the scene, they witnessed Faust's super-tier spell, that, to their amusement, had no effect on the Magitech Soldiers. "Idiot." They mumbled, holding back laughter.

Then, though the lich seemingly had the upper hand, Havoc's End quickly brought reinforcements, including Desor, the Magma Dragon - decimating the undead legion and felling even one of his creator's prized Undead Kings - the Skeleton King Alainon. Soon afterward came swift orders for retreat, and to Xylzrilyn's dismay... "Take them to the Paladin for now. I have business there later."

Xylzrilyn scoffed at the order, but obeyed nontheless.

Only around seven minutes after the doppelganger's departure, several gates opened inside the encampment, as a battle-worn legion of undead of roughly three-hundred marched through, followed by three larger, and seemingly much more powerful creatures. Then, finally, from the gate came a familiar scantily-dressed paladin that wielded a most blasphemous lance, a knight in a hulking suit of armour, an old man dressed in green vestments, carrying a large and curious bow, and roughly two dozen women of apparently varying races dressed in maid outfits - what few Ashimar, the old man, was able to evacuate.

Xylzrilyn's first course of action was to assure the Alevia that they weren't hostile, as hard as it was to believe - especially with Alexiel among the ranks of aforementioned 'non hostiles'. She was noticeably glaring daggers at Alevia, though Kodbromaal's glare, aimed at Alexiel, seemed to keep the scantily-dressed paladin in check.

Even near the encampment, the earth trembled as an enormous explosion of pure arcane energy erupted in the distance. At the same time, a woman dressed in what were barely clothes appeared through Greater Teleportation, followed by a man dressed in a painfully basic black cloak and a raven-mask who also seemed to materialize out of nowhere.

"Nice one." Faust commented with satisfaction, brushing dirt off his precious cloak. "They got fucking played. That bird is so dead, and if he isn't... Well, it'll be even more entertaining to kick his ass a second time if he ever comes for a rematch." The masked man and the devil seemingly slapped each other's right palm, before casually approaching Alevia, offering the young girl a gloved hand to shake. "You are Alevia, correct? I'm Faust Windfallow, a necromancer. If you would kindly spare a moment of your time, there is an urgent matter I must discuss with you - I'm sure you'll find my findings quite intriguing."

In the back, Faust sudden change in attitude caused both Xylzrilyn and Alexiel to hold back their laughter to the point that tears began rolling down their eyes.

Last edited:
Jane and Soma
Tags:
ChazGhost ChazGhost ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

y7QoLJV.png

A faint tugging of Janes jerkin base from Soma draws the larger one's glance, the two exchanging minor facial movements for a few moments just before the voice announces its awareness of their presence with all the connotations that come with it. So this location was a greater danger to the settlement than originally anticipated though adapting to such was the best course of action.

"Given you presented you are able to communicate I will offer an alternative, Queen I wish to bargain. Your brood has intruded upon another kingdom and initiated this intrusion by their own actions so as their ruler you must be held accountable. However, if we can establish firm boundaries between the two kingdoms and secure a pact of none aggression this may be resolved to mutual satisfaction. Reject this offer and the consequences will be unfavorable. I will give 2 opportunities to accept this, there will not be a third"

The woman's voice booming down the halls, their presence was already known so subterfuge had been no longer an option especially with the telepathic co-ordination available to the ruler of the dungeon. Though the ruler's own option to leave was proven to be an empty offer with the immediate attack following it her eye shooting towards the creature, Antediluvian Fire Ants...freely able to spawn through the tunnel system, limited abilities on her own part less the tunnel system risk collapse...very well.

"This has been your first strike" leaping into action Janes first action is to throw Soma up above her out of the way of the flames with the diminutive girl clutching to a stalagmite while frantically throwing what appears to be vials that seem to detonate into a white mist on contact with the ants "EEEK! VERMIN VICHYSSOISE!, VERMIN VICHYSSOISE!, VERMIN VICHYSSOISE!, VERMIN VICHYSSOISE!"
the contents themselves appearing to result in a large amount of pain within the creatures along with a sizzling of the creatures chitin. The more specialized a bane ability the more potent its effect, to such an extent that even a low-level attack could be boosted to be a viable tactic, even more so if such also targeted a weakness of the creature type, to this effect what appeared to be a simple 3rd level alchemical concoction was likely proving effective.

Jane meanwhile thrust a hand forward towards a group of the flames spewing creatures and Simerly appeared to be summoning a low-level ability likely to the confusion of those around them, it was the 3rd level conjuration ability which would pose no offensive or defensive use on its own. This was quickly answered by the women's next words "Mouse Gate" announcing the spell as the flames were just about to strike her before an explosion of blue and steam would fill the tunnel and shoot down further into the burrow. When the scene cleared the ants in that direction were no longer present but sections of them against the tunnel could be seen as if torn asunder by the force of whatever shot she had just unleashed, the earth floor now soaked in what appeared to be saltwater as well as dripping from the ceiling. The spell's effect was clearly something on the level of at least a 9th tier spell but there had been no magic from the water itself, and all that had been detected was the simple third-level spell.

One fact was becoming very apparent, while the actual level of the two travelers was still unknown, the fact they could manifest such effects with even the lowest level of magics may have others question the difference between YGGDRASIL and the New World, especially with the creative utility both had just displayed.

Cobalt saw a little town coming up and decided to land there. He landed some distance away from the town not to suprise anyone and walked towards it.

"I don't think I would be able to get the antidote here," He muttered to himself,"I think I can get a map here to find the nearest city..."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Ignis Rabidus

"I will go down there alone. You will be safe with my trusty steed, Ashton Martin." Ignis said to the little girl.

"Fly higher." Ignis commanded his pegasus, and it obeyed. It flew higher into the air, above the clouds, gently as to not frighten the girl.

Now then...

[Soul of Cinder]
[Metallica]
[Draconic Strength]
[Dragon Force]
[Indomitability]
[Forger's Blessing]

After casting a few buffs, Ignis jumped from his surfboard and made it crash into a building by the time he landed on the ground, in the middle of the town, making a small crater.

[Antiscrying Ward]
[Antidetection Ward]
[Antimagic Ward]

He placed invisible metalic wards on the ground, each meant to counter the usual security measures.

[Archtype Mercury]

A level 75 summoned a ball of mercury that could change its shape at will. It took the form of a slime. High defense, low attack, but incredibly poisonous. Could also melt weaker weapons and even creatures. He sent the creature forward, while he himself stayed still, still blurry because of his [Blur] skill.

[Fortress of Steel]

As the name suggested a small metallic spiked fortress formed around him.

[Ember]

A wall of flame formed around him within the fortress. Now the fortress was also heating up. He then prepared to cast a powerful spell. Complex blue magic circles danced around him.

[Super-Tier Magic: Memento of the Forge]

And like that, all sorts of weapons sprung from the ground and while some others materialized in the air, while all the objects and buildings in town became metal.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Aurora Seraphon
Trashed Festival | Mena Mena ChazGhost ChazGhost Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Aurora whistled quietly as she watched Alice's rage boil up in response to the adventurer's insults. She couldn't quite tell if she had always felt this way towards Vail, or if becoming their ingame selves had a profound effect to their personality. As Aurora watched Alice tear the bard to shreds, she concluded on the latter - the three of them, had, after all, been quite quick with discarding their humanity. Aurora for one was starting to feel peckish already - and it wasn't as if she had anything better to do with the time in her hands, especially since the loli seemed so infatuated with Vail that her own presence was barely noticed.

"あら," the dragonoid mused to herself, "it seems as though my presence here is uneeded." She quietly approached Alice and whispered in her ear: "don't worry, I won't get in your way~ I'll leave you and Vail alone for a bit, I'll be rooting for you~ でわ, がんばてね~" With that, Aurora made her merry way alongside Orochi into the remains of the festival, looking for leftovers'.

The hydra tore through everything in sight - its eight heads desecrating tents, crushing buildings, and devouring every survivor unfortunate enough to have survived the previous ordeal. Aurora yawned as the ground was showered in blood and debris. Midway through the dragonoid's stroll, a stray severed hand flew at her, landing right on her clothes, staining it red. "Orochi! Tone it down just a bit, please? You got my clothes dirty." Mere words from Aurora halted Orochi in its rampage, as it turned over to its mistress, lowering its heads apologetically. Aurora puffed up her chest as she prepared to give the hydra an earful, until she noticed all 16 of its gleaming puppy eyes staring right at hers.

There's no way in hell she could scold something this adorable...

Opting instead to stroke its head, Aurora told the hydra softly: "massacre in moderationI, okay?" Orochi only nodded before flying back into a blissful frenzy. As Orochi broke everything in sight, Aurora herself found herself a little girl, buried under a block of wood. Though she originally planned to just off the kid as quicjly as she could, she somehow decided that killing a little kid was just distasteful. Her eyes met that of the dying little girl's, before Aurora let out a heavy sigh as she gave up the thought of murdering the kid, reaching into her inventory for a HP restore potion, and offered it without a word.

「Alignment +1」

Apparently, the act of sparing a little kid had raised her Karma. Sadly, the kid didn't survive long as directly after drinking the potion, Orochi had absentmindedly stepped over her and trampled the kid into a puddle.

「Alignment -1」

"Welp." Aurora muttered, looking into the bell tower in the distance. "Guess I'll head down there first. Orochi, you can trample everything in between us and the bell tower. さ、行きましょか?"

As she left, she also messaged Vail and Alice:
"I'll head to the Bell of Oblivion first. If you want to find me, just follow the trail of blood and wrecked buildings."

Last edited:
Sky Fortress Wreckage
LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_
Roostervelt tried to break out of the death's grasps, followed by binding magic. But with silence placed on him and the lack of overwhelming strength needed to break the chains, he was stuck. He could curse Faust as disappeared along with the barrier. Then Roostervelt's eyes widened as the volley of fire and bullets came at him and finished him off for good...

"Sadly, it seems are target has escaped and Roostervelt failed in his duties..." the suited man said with a sigh as several large portals opened behind with more magic-tech workers and soldiers coming through. "I will just have to take charge and finish our little project here... After fortifying the defenses" the suited man said snapping his fingers and having the magic-tech machines get to work.

Encampment

Alevia and her men had finished there work burying their men and having the funerals to honor them, they came back to there campsite being flooded with undead and many strange people, including some more unwelcome people who killed or tried to kill the army before. Alevia instructed her men to take a defensive position as she tried to figure out what was happening. "Excuse my language but... what the hell is going on!? Why are there undead at my encampment and why is that disgrace in paladin armor here as well1?" Alevia said trying to keep her cool but with the sight of the undead and the unholy paladin. Alevia would yell more if there wasn't a massive explosion in the distance, followed by even more people showing up.

Alevia took a very long breath as Faust showed up, called himself a necromancer, and offered a handshake. Alevia reluctantly shook Faust's hand. Then she directed her men to stand down but to also keep an eye on the undead. "Yes we do have some urgent matter to discuss but I assume we both have different ideas of discussion at the moment," Alevia said doing better to keep her cool but seemed very angry about something.

Faust Windfallow
Sky Fortress Wreckage | ChazGhost ChazGhost Prince_ Prince_

A skeletal raven circled the sky over the ruins of the Sky Fortress, before it made a dive downwards, landing in front of the suited man whom it presumed to be the member of the highest position present on the crash site. Its empty eye sockets stared at the suited man for a brief moment, before its beak opened to speak. "I have a message from my master!" it cawed, "he says: 'I thank you for the entertainment you've provided. As a token of my gratitude, I'll cease interfering with your salvaging. Feel free to take whatever you wish, Gremory raided most the valuables dry anyways. Pretty sure she didn't touch the treasury, though. I look forward to the next toy you send', over. Have a good day!" With that, the undead messenger flew off, presumably back to its master.

As for the 'treasury', there wasn't anything valuable in there. On the contrary, it was just filled with deadly traps.

divider.png

Encampment

The raven-masked necromancer only stared blankly at Alevia, seemingly puzzled as to why she seemed to be seething with anger. Then, it clicked. Had news of his 'gifts' to Spindler already reached this paladin's ears? If so, then of course she'd be mad that he had apparently gone out of his way to prepare a splendid weapon for Underdark, but come to her empty handed. In some fantasy settings, not bringing a gift was essentially the same as looking down at a person's power, even if they were hilariously weak.

"Yes, yes, I'm well aware." Faust responded with a completely cool tone. "Forgive me, of course it would be insulting to prepare such a fine gift to Underdark, yet come to you with nothing." Reaching into his inventory, Faust pulled out another useless item that was just rotting away in there; a silver colored broadsword adorned with gold and an azure diamond embedded within the hilt. It emanated so much radiance that it caused Faust to feel nauseous by just touching the handle, even if he was wearing gloves - one of a triad of legendary-grade swords that dropped from a limited-time dungeon: Joyeuse the Indefilable, Durandal the Incorruptible, and Hauteclere the Untaintable. Funnily enough, all three had corrupted variants - the sword which he had given Spindler being one of them.

"This is Hauteclere the Untaintable," Faust informed Alevia, oblivious that in fact, she wasn't mad due to, or had any idea that he had given Underdark an unfairly powerful gift. "And I'll give you a ring that should raise your current parameters high enough to you can use it without reprocussions," he told the paladin. "I hope you'll find this satisfactory. Now moving on, I must speak with your King, Queen, Emperor, or whatever you want to call your monarch. You see, I've just briefly visited the Underdark Alliance, and as it stands, I believe they are under the manipulation of an entity merely masquerading as a 'God' - their so called 'Spider Queen'. I plan to free them from that scheming creature's corruption."

Unfortunately, as it stands, even Faust did not fully expect Alevia's cooperation - he was familiar with these stereotypical paladins. Honorable to the point of fault, blindly faithful, with a foolish sense of justice that brands all creatures of the night such as undead, and 'dark arts' such as necromancy as either 'heresy' or 'evil', or both. With that in mind, Faust had also messaged Gremory whilst he spoke to Alevia:
"So, I'm thinking we use their city or whatever to our own benefit. Also, I kind of feel like playing an evil overlord or some shit - really need to satiate my Mordekaiser fantasy or some shit idklmfao. Anyways, the plan for now is; we'll first somehow establish a new base of operations where I can rebuild my legion of undead. I'm thinking we try to curry favor with their royalty, or just straight up take over the kingdom, or you could try thot their king or something. Speaking of thottery, if that paladin decides to behave like your stereotypical stuck-up 'unDEaD aRe EViL nECrOmaNCy iS hEResY' stick up the ass over-zealous motherfucker, feel free to charm her. And the entire army, for that matter."

Last edited:
Yapora
The body thing hasn't skewed me so much, surprisingly. A few other things have thrown me through a loop though, but it's been hard to adjust thus far. Any strange little quirks with you becoming your character, or is that just me? She could only hope she wasn't the only one with a personality shift thus far...the idea that she had gotten a massive short end of the stick caused her to work her jaw again for a moment before she remembered to breathe and relax. Listening to the next message to come in she formatted her own in turn. So it's a faction dispute...the old 'my dad owned this land, and you took it away from me' scenario, I'd presume? Except...with infinitely more death, and apparent slavery. It won't be easy, but I can try to help how I can. But my first priority is to get my group back 'home' so that we can plan and handle things accordingly. Be terribly stupid to jump on a brief thought and plan, y'know?

She smiled a bit and nodded once, speaking. "I think I'll use Tia, if you don't mind. I have trouble with the 'my ladies' and 'my lords', the fine intricacies of the court titles and how to address always felt far too foreign to me. I mean no offense, of course." Well, popularity is something I suppose, least I know the name. We were more of an adventuring guild and sort've....hunting down random PK'ers who were more interested in easy EXP from lower levels than anything else. Didn't have much acclaim, outside of the people we helped or y'know...fought. Anywho, guild roster is definitely a lot smaller but...not saying much there, roster was low before shut down. She glanced at dean at the message of a way to 'contain' him...that was a bit of a stretch of faith so early on. I'd like to look that over first, if you don't mind. If you want, you're welcome to convene back with me once I round everyone up and we can discuss this...idea of yours.

Realizing she'd have to actually say her thought in case someone really was eavesdropping and to make sure this conversation wasn't just them having brief pauses of silence she heaved a sigh, before speaking with a smile. "Tia, would you grace my abode with your presence, if you are willing? I would love to give you a meal as a form of gratitude for helping save the city and contain the dragon."
PlusUltra PlusUltra

Argem & Irma
Irma smiled a bit, giving a brief shrug at Centurion's statement. "Very well. If all goes well, we won't have much to have too kill however." As irma was speaking, the spell hiding the fallen angel and demon was removed, argem's eye twitching for a moment. Why did he feel so irked all of a sudden, like he was seeing someone who had beat the hell out of a puppy or something. He unconciously took a step forward, Irma calmly reaching out to grab his shoulder and pull him back a bit. Snapped out of it thanks to the hand on his shoulder he gave a huff and shrug. "Long as ye dinna try ta kill us, nae issues so far."
The tunnel
Hearing the voice in their heads, the duo stilled for a moment, glancing at each other as the feeling set in...dungeon, this was a dungeon. Listening to Jane's impassioned offer, the duelist gave a brief nod before her attention snapped to the fact they were being surrounded by ants. "Well, we tried. Argem, shall I partake?" The dwarf unshouldered the massive axe he carried, glancing at the human. "Aye, feel free ta get stuck in." Unlike Jane and Soma who seemed to use a strategic attempt that frankly left them both questioning just how strong they truly were, they'd have to be more direct. Argem, for his part, quickly charged a horde of ants that had been attempting to flank them with a war cry. His axe went up into the air, and then swung in a single swipe, cleaving the horde in half...and to what wasn't dead, he went to pulverizing them with the axe. Unlike her companion, Irma's approach was almost surgical, stab and riposte, parry a lunge...like a fine surgeon the human was picking apart ants in single numbers, though this seemed to be leaving her prone to being surrounded...not that she especially seemed to mind, at least.
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji PlusUltra PlusUltra ChazGhost ChazGhost

Pineclaw
Stopping in front of the domed building, the massive ent glanced down at the sleeping goblin and gave a soft hum. "Oh dear....Little goblin can you wake up? Hello?" She waited for a response, and with none forthcoming she glanced down towards the woman she'd been carrying around. "Could you wake him up, and ask him to ask the elders to come out to meet us? Please and thank you." With that said, she set darkness down on the ground, giving her free usage of her legs again.
ChazGhost ChazGhost Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Encampment
LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_

Alevia took a very deep breath after Faust explained he gave a gift to the Underdark, gave Alevia a powerful sword, explained an evil entity is controlling the drow, "Okay... Okay, this is a lot to take in. You and your army is an abomination, explain you gave our enemies a gift. Then you give a gift, which I do appreciate, and explain to me the reason the Underdark is attacking..." Alevia said keeping herself calm and taking a deep breath. "So hears my offer, I'll introduce you to the king of Artisa, and you with the city-states to defeat this "entity" and once it's over the city-state's leaders can figure out a proper reward, like some land far far away from normal living people," Alevia said not really wanting to but doing what she thought best for her people.

Pineclaw
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

"Mommy I don't want to give up for school..." the goblins said waving Pineclaw away in his sleep. But a few moments later the goblin would awaken. "What do you..." the goblin said looking up. "Ummm hello, treant... did you want to see the elders...or maybe the florist?" the goblin asked nervously and trying to make a joke.

The Ant Labyrinth
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles PlusUltra PlusUltra BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

...Leave now or what you will find further in my kingdom will be your end...

The voice once went into the group's head as the fire ants were killed. The tunnel they dug to fight them seemed to crumble and close. The tunnel was now a straight lead to a fork going to the left and to the right...​

Faust Windfallow
Encampment | ChazGhost ChazGhost Prince_ Prince_

Faust let out a subtle, and almost unintelligible grumble of annoyance when Alevia emphasized on 'far far away from normal living people.' Of course she was a bitch. All paladins are bitches. Though, in her defence, undead in Yggdrasil's lore did have a resentment toward the living. "No, land, nor a reward will be necessary. My only goal is to make that cursed spider suffer until she'd wish she were dead." Faust replied, directing expressing his pure, unadulterated, disdainful hostility toward this 'spider queen'.

"I will not bring my undead into the city, I know how much the living despise the dead, and vice versa," Faust then proceeded to assure Alevia, "now, if you would allow me, I can open a gate directly to your city. Simply inform me which direction, and approximately how far it is."

While the Necromancer seemed to exert no form of ill intent at first glance, the truth was far, far from it. Unfortunately, Alevia seemed cautious, though still blissfully unaware of what she was about to let into the city.

A Random Healthy Woman Appears

In the distance one could hear a person humming. It was a pleasant female voice. Yet the scene was somewhat surreal. A tall, muscular appearance, dressed in a tracksuit, equipped with gauntlets, head covered by a gimp mask with an "exposed" skeletal mouth, was singing, skipping, and occasionally doing a few pirouettes as she approached Faust, Gremory, Alevia & Co. Indeed she was female, which, if it weren't for the voice and... forms, one would not have guessed.

"Hello there, strangers!" She said cheerfully as she waved at the group. She then stopped to look around, and suddenly pouted.
1580764409807.png
"Geez, they are late. I'd [Message] them, but they barely respond when I do. Eh, not gonna bother." She spoke outloud, talking to herself. There were still many questions. Who was she? Why did she come there so nonchalantly? How did she bypass security? Why all the dancing and singing? Was her diet mostly protein? Why was she dressed like some sort of dominatrix? Did she have chiseled abs? And if yes, could one grind meat on 'em?

The woman known as Magnum was indeed a peculiar one.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Prince_ Prince_ LostHaven LostHaven

Encampment
Azure Sky Azure Sky LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_

"So you want is to kill the drow's god... For now, I'll buy it" Alevia said taking a deep breath and sighing. "But I'm not taking you directly into the city, because you would be killed on sight for being a necromancer. Instead of how we travel there and I talk to the king while you and your unholy army wait for a good distance. Then We'll figure things out from there." Alevia said explaining why teleporting into the city was a bad idea and suggestion of what to do instead.

Before that conversation could contiue strange women appeared, which had the army point their weapons in her direction. "One of your friends or some other strange being," Alevia asked tiring of all this as she annoyingly gestured to the woman (?) who just simply walked into the encampment.​

Faust WindfallowThe necromancer scoffed at the Paladin's words. Of course they killed Necromancers on sight. Fucking idiots, Faust thought to himself. If one were to look past all the creepy shit in a Necromancer's kit, it actually came with some very handy abilities. It wasn't just kill kill kill resurrect into undead and kill kill kill and more kill for the most part. His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden entrance of a peculiar humanoid creature, followed by the Paladin's men readying their weapons.

"That's... Not my friend?" Faust mumbled confusedly while staring at the enormous brick of a woman just wandered into the scene, wearing some weird dominatrix outfit? He had immediate suspicions that she was a player, which were then confirmed shortly after she she mentioned something about [Message] while talking to herself. Faust's NPCs also seemed rather alarmed, especially Kodbromaal who immediately reached for his greatsword, but paused upon Faust motioning for the hulking knight to stand down. "We don't just randomly go around killing players. Unless they're Havoc's end... Then we fucking murder them," Faust told the knight.

With all his 'trump cards' on cooldown, and all super-tiers used up, Faust was rather unwilling to find himself another fight. Ignoring Magnum, Faust looked back at Alevia. "I don't even know who that woman is, just ignore her. I can leave my legion far from the city, if that is your concern."

Magnum

The amazon of a woman simply turned her head towards the man who mentioned Havoc's End. Observing the weapons pointed at her by the knights, she took off her mask and jersey, revealing a pair of intense crimson eyes, voluminous white hair, and a formal attire.
f92.gifv.gif

"Ah, don't worry. Those weapons can't hurt me anyway. You'd waste your resources." She said as she smiled dazzingly at the knights. Since she took off her mask and jersey, her mp and hp stats where no longer hidden. For those that could feel magical power (aka mp), they would be overwhelmed, or anxious, depending on the level of their abilities. Of course, people on par with lvl 100 players would not think much of it, other than a neutral"high numbers" remark. On the other hand, now her high-level Holy Aura was visible and in effect, giving her the allure of an angelic being.
1584098221733.png

Magnum shifted her attention back at Faust. He mentioned Havoc's End with hostility. She didn't catch everything he said, but it was clear he was in bad relations with her guild. She could feel he was using items to hide his power, using the powerful detection of her Iconoclast class. She could not, however, grasp how powerful he really was. For safety, she assumed he was a player and a lvl 100 one. The ease with which the hulk of armor behind him listened made her assume Kodbromal was an NPC. Players had a bit more critical thinking ususally. Now that she assessed the situation for long enough...

"What's your relationship with Havoc's End?" she asked, bluntly and cheerfully.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Prince_ Prince_ LostHaven LostHaven

Faust Windfallow
Faust watched closely as Magnum removed her mask and 'armour', and immediately following that, his eyes widened. Well, he didn't have eyes, but if one were to rip the mask off his face, they'd see that his eye sockets would have widened in diameter noticeably. If the holy aura that seeped from the sword he had randomly given Alevia made him sick, the the aura that irradiated from this woman was enough to knock the lich out cold, incapacitated and foaming from the mouth.

For a brief moment, Faust considered just running. He had no feasible way to confirm, but he was almost certain that woman had about as many ways to one-shot him as the number of needlessly flashy and convoluted combos he had memorised. That is to say,
alot. "Edgy fucks raided my guild the moment we ended up getting isekai'd," Faust replied to Magnum, "I don't even know what I've done to them, other than talk shit on Reddit. Fuck's sake. Whatever, there was nothing in the treasury, other than a fucking shit ton of deadly traps, and a mimic that ate your gear. Fucking retarded )@#!*147!(#@19*&89#!7$..." At that point, the lich began grumbling to himself, throwing a string of unintelligible insults toward presumably Havoc's End under his breath.

As he cursed to himself, the possibility of the woman, who was clearly highly specialised in the
bane of his existence being a member of Havoc's end didn't once cross the lich's (nonexistent) mind.

Magnum- Flexing

"Cool! It means they saw you as a potential threat to their sovereignity. The guild didn't have any in a while." Magnum's eyes sparkled. Probably not what Faust wanted to hear. But life had been boring for the World Guardian for a while. Few major fights, with opposition on the defense mostly. Faust seemed like the aggresive type.

"I like that." She was talking to herself.

"I am Magnum by the way. Real name is a secret." she winked. "By the way, what's the name of your guild? Just out of curiosity." she asked cheerfully.

"Mine's Havoc's End."

LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_ ChazGhost ChazGhost

Faust Windfallow
Faust's dots of soulfire stared blankly at Magnum's hand. He slowly reached out his own, stopping only inches before accepting the handshake. "You're Havoc's End?" He asked, seemingly unfazed whatsoever. What a weirdo. "So, are you trolling me, or do you want to fight somebody?" He inquired somewhat suspiciously. He had just blown everything on offing a bird, and thus was not very thrilled at the idea of another fight so soon. Plus, it looked like the woman could probably one-bang him with a snap of her fingers.

"Can we do this later? I seriously can't be fucked."

Magnum

"Oh, my policy is to only fight if I am attacked first." Magnum answered with a disappointed look. Faust was cautious. This meant that he was either unprepared... or one of the weaker members of his guild. She never did get the name of his guild from him. She would have to find that one out from her guild. "For shame. I was quite interested in your capabilities as well." she said that out loud, but she was mostly talking to herself.

"Eh, no use getting sad over that, I guess. Quite frankly, I just came here because I heard there was some unusual activity. Some of my colleagues where supposed to arrive, but they are late." Magnum looked around. No other guild member in sight. "So, I guess I am just going to tag along with you fellows for now." She addressed herself to both Faust and the female knight (Alevia). Her smile returned. But it was more of a poker face than anything.

ChazGhost ChazGhost LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_

Encampment

Alevia eyes widened as Magnum revealed herself to be human or humanist and projected a holo aura. The soldiers sheathed their weapons and backed away as Magnum made it clear that their attempt would end fruitlessly. Afterward, the soldiers and Alevia listened to the conversation between the lich and the new women with the holy aura.

Alevia coughed into her hand before speaking up. "I think have you along miss would be helpful," Alevia said overly trusting Magnum's holy aura and smile. Though being the person she hoped Magnum would helpful with was a fouled mouth lich, so there is little question as to why she trusted the stranger more. "Now you," Alevia said turning back to Faust. "I'll take you to meet to the king as long as you go alone and she comes with us" Alevia explained.
Azure Sky Azure Sky LostHaven LostHaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back