• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

• sample-7a06309222068fe9d11414625c91d060.jpg
    Date: Wednesday, Spring 11th || Lumina's Belated Birthday Party
    Time: 6pm || Approaching Evening

Interacting With:
    Lumina ( Lumina Lumina )
    Mentions:
    Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ) Elliot (Lumina) Alessia (Brii) Rhys ( AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat )
    ~ On the Way to Bar-Ista ~
    Prequel || Hunter’s CS File

He smirked in a way that let her know he played her. In reality he was worried but he’d never let her know that, much nicer to let her think he was using the opportunity than let her feel bad about factors she couldn’t control. He made a sweeping motion of an exaggerated bow as he let his hand out for her to grab.

“Oh is the Warrior Princess ready to meet a dashing dame or adorable sir?”

He moved out of the way as he teased her expecting a fuss. He took the door and opened it waiting on the girl to go through as they started their way down to Bar-Ista. He texted Aless a quick thumbs-up signalling that they were on their way. He let Lumina stay as self-reliant as she felt comfortable with only rushing forwards to get doors open.

The doctor could say all he wanted but Hunter knew Mina was a fighter. Rhys hadn’t ever met the lonely sickly four year old staring out the windows that became the strong woman who would go on whole trips down to the caves with only her own enthusiasm fueling her. He had a great deal of respect for Lumina, who overcame obstacles that someone like he would run away from. So was it so bad to want to make her life easier?

“You know, Elliot’s thinking of moving back I think. Aless was telling me so. I don’t know if she knew because he told her or if she’s guessing from her watching him. She’s back on her curious following again. You’d almost think she still liked him, well as an outsider I guess. Anyone with eyes could see she’s been crushing on Max the past few days”

Kei Kato

KeiHoh.jpgNot being one to hold out on hugs, when Alessia came in for another, of course Kei obliged. It had been so long since he had seen her, his heart was soaring high.

Her statement about his last being in Spain seemed like it was cut off, though with the noise of the bar, he couldn’t hear what Alessia had been whispered by the other girl.

Was Spain the last location he was at? He’d been to many places while developing his craft. Once Alessia released him, he put a finger up to his chin, “Was it Spain last..?

The playful nature within Kei tugged at his heart which his lips responded with a wide smile in the other girl’s direction, that had called him handsome. Them’s the words he likes to hear! Having grown up, being not very attractive, at least in his eyes, when someone else complimented him, it would send his ego soaring.

Don’t mind if I do~!

And down he sat , one leg angled, resting his foot on the bar stool, while one was outstretched, on the ground.

At the introductions of the two other women, his eyes lit up in recognition. Not that he’d seen them before, but he knew the names from when Alessia and he had talked.

Oh! It is very nice to finally meet you two in person!” He grinned, bowing his head lightly in respect to the two, even though he was sitting down now.

Thinking about it, he remembered a statement in passing about Emily working at the cafe. If the expression on her face was evident to how drunk she might be starting to get, it probably would be a conversation best to wait for later.

Feeling contact to his side by Alessia, he couldn’t help but look over at her. They used to be pretty touchy when growing up together, during the adventures or whenever they hung out. It was a comforting contact for him, and he hadn’t realized how much he missed it.

When the conversation turned to Alessia talking about her sights being on someone, and asking Emily if she had any, he tuned in. He was aware that Alessia was crushing on a guy named Max, and he was always pretty up front with how he felt about certain situations. As long as she was safe.

Oh, Al, did you end up asking him to the dance?
Interations: Alessia ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Summer and Emily ( Pik Pik )

Summer Storms / Emily Sapphire Lilly
tenor.gif1499569959_tumblr_nfcysq1O1b1sg1ksjo1_500.gif

Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation
Mentions: Archdemon Archdemon

"It would be my pleasure, Hey bartender two more drinks over here for the new guy oh and were going to need refills too!" Summer yells back at Xander chugging down whats left of her drink. "Oh that's right, your that one boy that Alessa would just drag off to random places around the city, even had beat up a few people if I recall. You sound like quite the stud if you don't mind me saying. Still, you two are off touchy for friends." She smirks hiding it by a place cup to her lips. Summer watched as Alessa tried to seek a peek at the brown-haired man behind them, honestly anyone with eyes could tell shes crushing on him. Summer said nothing but did make sure to give an evil smirk to show she knows. Emily during this was slowly drinking down her other drink with each sip she could slowly feel here self get dizzier, less her self. When she fished it, she would just stare with an emotionless expression. Until Alessa brought up her question, did she like someone its so hard to think right now, even more, weird she's not blushing like normal this is an embracing question after all or maybe her face is already too red to tell. "There was once this Red-haired boy I liked. Oh you mean the one guitarist for that one boy band I took you to a few times, what where they called dog puppy something. Hounds of Myth! Sunsun stop making fun of it. Okay, ill stop I remember you would not shut up for weeks about them I had to seek her out to go see them whenever I could so Redheads are your type. Sunsun! So anyways enough distracting us Alessa did you dance with him?"

UtmWxZA.png

2rJigBo.jpg

It didn't take long before Sam recognized him and mentioned keeping Amelia out of trouble. Oh, boy, just imagine what she and Sarah would get into if they ever got together. I don't know. Maybe they have while I've been gone. Who are we kidding? Amelia would be the last one to cause trouble. Steve chuckled at that before quickly looking both ways to see if she was around to hear their conversation. Phew! Looks like the coast is clear.
"I know what you mean. I come back home and Sarah hasn't changed a bit. You know, still with the pranks. But you know Keith, he's 16, so I come back home and he's telling Sarah how you pull off a prank without getting caught. I'm not sure if I even want to imagine how much trouble they must have caused while I was gone." He chuckled at the thought. After that came the question of whether Steve was leaving again. There's no harm in answering. It's a reasonable question. He answered with a somewhat solemn, though more thoughtful than somber, expression.
"I think I'm here to stay. I'm home, after all, and being surrounded by friends and family..."
At that, a grin formed.
"Well, let's just say there's no place like home and no place I'd rather be." Yeah, I'm not going anywhwere.

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 11/6 PM

Weather: Sunny

Mood:
Cheerful

Talking to Sam

Objective:
Catch up

Interacting with: Sam

• PO5VWNWgrWxS0Plp6TOwlsKkcMWjTX32z4sAb002qIw.jpg
    Date: Wednesday, Spring 11th || Lumina's Belated Birthday Party
    Time: 6pm || Approaching Evening

Interacting With:
    Kei ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Summer & Emily ( Pik Pik )
    Mentions:
    Xander ( Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation )
    ~ Bar-Ista ~
    Pas de Deux || Alessia’s CS File

Alessia beamed as Kei asked about the dance. Of course, she was no chicken. She sat up and puffed her chest out with her hands on her hips. She tried to make a stern face but it soon broke into a smile as she could never fake things in front of Kei. Still she ignored it for the moment and focused more on Summer’s words.

She turned to Summer as she mentioned that the two were closer than typical friends. With a quick glance to Kei she turned back to Summer and shrugged. She’d never thought that way, she certainly didn’t think Kei had. It wasn’t unfamiliar words in the least. Heck, her own elder sister enjoyed teasing the two but she was always quieted by Alessia tattling on Arianna’s habit of skipping lessons.

“Dangerous situations tend to do that. My mom used to tell me how she was quite close to her battalion. My dad was always a little jealous but he’s always been very fair about it. Part of why I always enjoyed stumbling through caves and into active monster stuff is because Kei was always by my side. It made it fun, had I been alone I might have quit. Even now when I travel into the mines I always take Oozeles and Alabaster. ”

She’d never properly thanked him enough, and probably never would. She did action better than words. One day she would have to but for today she listened to Emily’s drunk words and let Summer latch on to heckling her. She took another swig of her Blue Hawaiian finishing it. Seems Xander was busy still bartending, she could wait. She might actually try to drag him into the conversation once he had a second. Soon the conversation was turned back to her and she jumped a bit.

“Well you interrupted me.”

With a little giggle she played with her now empty glass.

“I did. In fact, I spent most of the Flower festival with him. There were some tourists that were heckling us for coffee, gave me the great idea to make a super drink fountain and a lemonade roulette for the next Flower Festival. Especially since Dream Drop will probably play into the coffee stand angle next year. See there’s so many food places but like everywhere just serves water and stuff. Ooo actually a spiked soda fountain would be fun too. Have it be a surprise for every fifth customer. Next year. Next year we should all spend it together.”

Kei Kato

Kei.jpgA small chuckle would come from Kei at Alessia’s prideful stature. It was a silly question after all. Alessia was the fearless type.

Only beat up those that deserved it,” Kei smirked. The comment about them being touchier than friends would be, he shrugged off. He’d heard it before. Even Grandma had teased him about Alessia when they were younger. Alessia wasn’t wrong either. He recalled the day he had only a frying pan on him, the day that convinced Kei he needed to do better.

As the conversation turned back to the dance, Kei listened. Dream Drop was mentioned. Should he mention it now? Now was as good a time as tomorrow.

I don’t see why Dream Drop can’t do a coffee angle. I have to double check the liquor license to make sure we could do that and even check IDs to make sure no minors are trying to be the fifth…” He almost got lost in thought as his brain wired to business. Brushing off his train of a brain, he added in, “Oh, by the way, I’m the owner of the café and Dream Drop now.
Mentions: Pik Pik BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

summercomm.jpgem.jpg

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt

"Oh is the goal next year a kiss on the cheek? You already seem so proud with a dance I can only imagine how you would act after a sweet little peck right here" Summer gently pokes the lower half of her check. "Then the year after that it goes lower and lower and lower until well think you get the idea." She slowly slides her finger down her face but stoping before going anywhere beyond that. Summer let out a quick giggle while Emily's cheeks in the background seem to have gotten a little pinker from the thought Summer had put into her head. "Still that does sound like a good idea bet on me being your fifth." Kei would then go on to talk about the idea as well even dropping the fact he's the new owner of the cafe and dream drop. Both girls would just sort of look at him for a moment until summer would just start laughing out loud and Emily just drunkenly slump into her char burying her face into her arms. "Hahaha, then you just received one hell of a first imprison for your new employee. I have a b 'hiccup' boss does this mean I don't have to listen to the rat anymore. Oh my goodness I'm making a full of m 'hiccup' self please forgive me!"

Ren Westerly
Interactions/Mentions: Nona Nona screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Pik Pik

Ren looked around at the room, such a small and familiar group of people. They all treat each other nicely and have the almost sickening atmosphere of simplicity. Ren was unaccustomed to such a place, it wasn't like the city where nobody knew each other, here everyone knows everyone. They know their birthdays, their hobbies, mostly everything. It was Disheartening for Ren a little, to watch people so close together that they might as well be family, and here he is a stranger amongst them all.

He looked back to Max, "Honestly it's a bit overwhelming. I never knew a small town could be so, close to each other. Though I guess I can adjust to this, I just hope my little sister can calm her wild tendancies."

After Ren said that, he heard something he almost certainly didn't expect. He heard the name of his band in the bar. Well it technically wasn't his band since they existed before, so the name wasn't his to choose, but this was not a good predicament. He was glad that nobody could see his face with the mask gimmick that the band decided on, hopefully they still wouldn't recognize him.

meanwhile back at the Westerly Household...

Emilia was sitting on the couch watching some tv. It was the same boring stuff, just reruns of some shows she's see already. Then she got an idea, what if she booby trapped the entrance to town hall! Nah, too much effort this late. She looked towards her guitar and thought for a second. She grabbed it and started heading for the park, maybe she can play for coins. People like giving Musicians money right? Besides it stops her from getting rusty.

Attachments

• Ren.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Cora McKenzie

° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ °
mood: friendly ⋆ tipsy
interactions: Ren ( Archdemon Archdemon ) Amelia ( Nona Nona )
Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )
ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ ⋆ ° ⋆ ₒ

Cora looked down at the pretty drink she was handed and raised it to her lips to take a little sip. It was pleasantly sweet, and before she knew it she had practically downed the whole thing. "Something exciting, mm?" Her crimson locks bobbed as she swayed her head, tapping her fingers on the countertop while thinking of what to play next. Then again, she noticed as she took a sweeping glance around the bustling room, maybe this would be a good time to introduce herself to more of her new neighbors. The joyful, light, and airy atmosphere and the gentle push of liquid courage brought a smile to her lips. A small group of people nearby caught her attention and, finishing her drink, she stepped away from her bastion of familiarity and entered the unknown.

"Hi, uhm... hello!" She greeted the trio softly, raising a short wave. It had taken a few moments to find herself an "in" to the conversation, but finally settled on a simple greeting when her lingering presence just began to lean on the awkwardly long side.

Her fingers tangled with a few loose strands of fringe and tucked them neatly behind her ear. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything...?" She looked between each of them and tried to read their expressions. "Do you have any music requests? Er-" Cora flinched and then rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. She chuckled, "Sorry, that's not really what I meant to, uhm... anyway, hi. I'm Cora." This was going swimmingly.

"I leave for a couple years and all of a sudden there seem to be so many people here I've never met. Although... it feels awfully nice to be back." She glanced at the man who clearly felt similarly awkward being around so many strangers. "Takes a bit to settle in though, doesn't it? I feel like I'll never finish unpacking." She hoped her face wasn't too red. Or that her slightly trembling fingers didn't give away her shyness.

Cora looked down at the pretty drink she was handed and raised it to her lips to take a little sip. It was pleasantly sweet, and before she knew it she had practically downed the whole thing. "Something exciting, mm?" Her crimson locks bobbed as she swayed her head, tapping her fingers on the countertop while thinking of what to play next. Then again, she noticed as she took a sweeping glance around the bustling room, maybe this would be a good time to introduce herself to more of her new neighbors. The joyful, light, and airy atmosphere and the gentle push of liquid courage brought a smile to her lips. A small group of people nearby caught her attention and, finishing her drink, she stepped away from her bastion of familiarity and entered the unknown.

"Hi, uhm... hello!" She greeted the trio softly, raising a short wave. It had taken a few moments to find herself an "in" to the conversation, but finally settled on a simple greeting when her lingering presence just began to lean on the awkwardly long side.

Her fingers tangled with a few loose strands of fringe and tucked them neatly behind her ear. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything...?" She looked between each of them and tried to read their expressions. "Do you have any music requests? Er-" Cora flinched and then rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. She chuckled, "Sorry, that's not really what I meant to, uhm... anyway, hi. I'm Cora." This was going swimmingly.

"I leave for a couple years and all of a sudden there seem to be so many people here I've never met. Although... it feels awfully nice to be back." She glanced at the man who clearly felt similarly awkward being around so many strangers. "Takes a bit to settle in though, doesn't it? I feel like I'll never finish unpacking." She hoped her face wasn't too red. Or that her slightly trembling fingers didn't give away her shyness.

“Yeah finding yourself in a new place can really be something... As someone who was in your shoes not so long ago I’ll give the same bit of unasked and corny advice I probably gave this one.” A very unnecessary nod to the very obvious ‘this one’ with something like a playful smirk, “You don’t have to be something you’re not. Just take it day by day at your own speed.” Max had also wanted to say something to put Ren at ease about his sister but the only thing that came to mind at the time was, ‘I wouldn’t worry too much about that since there are a few functional folks in Kore with their own wild side.’ and that didn’t seem very helpful.

Speaking of this one, it was right when he was starting to reply to Amelia that Max heard Alessia’s rather audible outburst. It made him pause then glance over his shoulder in time to see the sweeping hug, the blonde he might have seen sometime in the past couple days being very giddy and what he could swear was a tipsy Emily. All of that was quite a lot to piece together and when Max turned back to his, or rather Ren’s table that he invaded, his eyes wandered upwards to the ceiling. They remained there more than long enough to be noticed before he became aware of it himself.

Clearing his throat Max tried to recall what he was going to say and succeeded after a passing second, “Then I guess year two has a lot to live up to. Who knows you might surprise yourself and get used to Kana’s grand entrances.”

Then a new voice came from the opposite shoulder he had glanced over moments before. The source being the piano player who tried her best to make conversation. It was an awkward attempt to say the least, one that brought out a small yet not at all mocking smile to Max. Seeing as how he had handled them once before he figured that the introductions were his job. Only this time with a little less flair.

“Happy to meet you Cora. This is Amelia our local nurse, Ren here is one of our newer arrivals and I’m Max.” He noted the drink in Cora’s hand and realized he never even offered to buy either of his unfortunate victims a drink. Not good. It was the least he could do after all. He would have to change that but the timing was a little off right now, should probably handle the other tables as well so Alessia actually tries to enjoy the party she put together.

Oliver Taurez
Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Nona Nona screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Lumina Lumina
1604409806662.png

His other free hand gently clings onto Mason's bicep. He guided him to sit down next to Cleo to ease him. Looking slightly perturbed at Mason while Cleo explained directly what happened, he was unaware of the scenario until he found out that Mason's invitation was declined by the other kids, if he understood well based on Cleo's words.

"Cleo's right. Maybe he can join us later, maybe? Just sit down, c'mon let's just go eat. The smell of the food is making my mouth water!"

Oliver left Mason be, freeing his hands off of his arm. He remained standing however, something came into his mind. His head tilts to his left, hand on his chin and eyes to the sky indicating an idea came into his mind. It only took a couple of seconds before he focused himself back to his friend with his head , now slightly less tilted giving his expression of curiosity.

"His name is Zach, right? Hmm... I wonder if there's still enough to pack some for him..."

He asked both of them. The rest of what he said was nearly fading out of audio but with observant eyes and sharp hearing, it is possible to know what Oliver mumbled. A heel and turn towards the other trio of kids, Oliver marched out of the picnic area with his usual welcoming smile without saying a word.

"Hi Cress! Hello Leonie! Wonderful day isn't it? Did Mason tell you that we are going to have a picnic? You two should come join us! It'll be fun~! You can come too! It's Zach, right? Zack? Zackh? I'm sorry if i can't get it right!"

Oliver has attempted to invite the Reyes sisters and the other kid he had doubt pronouncing their name. He believed there was a bit of miscommunication between them and Mason which he expected from time to time, following by his own uninformed head in the scene after he just said goodbye to the newer girl who left. Oliver was tad curious about the blonde kid. A bit of his goofy side was shown in front of Zach that went unnoticed of him. He gave the trio a moment a decide before following up question, tilting his head slightly to his right this time to add expression.

"Or maybe you guys have something else to do?"

samtitle-01-01-png.664424

samfullcolour-jpg.664416

Sam couldn't help but grin a little when he noticed Steve looking around, presumably double checking to make sure the young nurse didn't hear their conversation. With Amelia busy trying to look comfortable being social in a group he doubted she heard a thing. The slight downbeat nature of Steve's reaction to his answer didn't go unnoticed by the rancher, gently folding his arms and leaning against the wall behind him, his brows raising ever so slightly as the younger man began to give an answer that seemed simple enough but definitely sounded like there was weight latched onto it.

Of course Samuel wasn't the type to pry, nor the type to let on if he had noticed something unless he had to so he'd leave the words at that, just smiling in response instead of pushing any questions "Ah, yeah, some of us just can't shake this place out of our head huh." He commented with a gentle laugh "Either way, it's good to see you back around and settling back in. Maybe you'll get to see some of our new faces tonight too, we've gotten a few new neighbors while you were gone and it seems like tonight is going to be a big turn out"

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Welcoming back a friend

Interacting with:
Steve

Tags:
Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

• Character Sheet •

OgpgDaB.png

709a4d8ed9a4202c456b15e1728012f2.gif

Lumina made sure to say nothing about her suspicions of Hunter’s true intentions behind his actions tonight. She was sure there was more to what he was saying and doing then he was letting on, but she wasn’t going to push it. She let it go as him wanting to do something nice for her for her birthday, and that’s what it was going to be. Hunter was like a brother to her, and she wasn’t about to let him down in such a vital moment like this.

“Oh is the Warrior Princess ready to meet a dashing dame or adorable sir?”

She shot him a smile as the tease was sent her way. “But Hunter! Warrior Princesses aren’t allowed to fall in love, didn’t you know?” She laughed as her mind wandered on that sentiment for a moment. Romance… what a complicated topic. Her parents had a wonderful relationship, despite the challenges it was thrown over the years. It was the kind of relationship where they tackled all problems together and came out stronger on the other side for it. There were times that Lumina wished she could have a relationship like that one day, but a larger part of herself always shut that down, and she steeled herself to resignation of it never happening. Though she didn’t really notice it, her mind did linger on a particular someone as she wheeled herself out the door.

She did appreciate that Hunter knew not to jump immediately into helping her move without her asking, instead defaulting to opening doors for her to move through on her own. That was something he had picked up on early in their friendship when her condition would land her unable to walk without mobility assistance. This was her burden to bear, and she was going to bear it without burdening others if she could help it. Though if she really did need help, Hunter was right there if she needed it. She would do the same for him in a heartbeat.

“You know, Elliot’s thinking of moving back I think. Aless was telling me so. I don’t know if she knew because he told her or if she’s guessing from her watching him. She’s back on her curious following again. You’d almost think she still liked him, well as an outsider I guess. Anyone with eyes could see she’s been crushing on Max the past few days”

Lumina raised an eyebrow at Hunter’s assessment of her brother. “Artie? Moving back to Kore?” She turned back out toward the village scene in front of her as they talked, the bar soon coming into view. “I knew he was back for a little bit because of me, but I would have never guessed he’d ever want to come back to stay. I guess things really can change in a whole decade.” Her words stopped for a moment as the realization hit her that it had been a whole 10 years since he moved back to the city. She smirked up at him. “Alessia and Max, huh? They’d make a nice couple. I can only hope my brother can catch the eye of a man as great as her.”

It wasn’t long before the bar was right ahead of them, and Lumina watched as Hunter ran ahead to get the door. She gave a small nod of thanks before wheeling herself across the dirt to pass through the threshold of Xavier’s bar. She was greeted with a lively scene of a bar adorned to the brim with birthday decorations, full of patrons eating, drinking, and chatting amongst themselves (including her brother in close quarters with a vaguely familiar redheaded man). Hunter had mentioned there was a party, but she wasn’t quite expecting this. All of this, just for her and her birthday? She sat in shock for a moment just taking it all in until she heard Hunter come in behind her and the door’s closing behind him. It was enough to snap the blacksmith out her stunned daze, and she finally addressed the room.

“Um… hi everyone. Sorry I’m late!”

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9, evening

Weather: clear

Mood:
Happy, surprised?

Arriving to her party

Objective:
Enjoy her party

Spring 14th | Appreciation Day

Spring 14th

Saturday | 1pm | 14°c / 57°F | Sunny

... While not as loud in presence as some of the other events in Kore, Appreciation Day is still an occasion well celebrated. Most decorations are of the warm pinks and reds variety. Some lights here and there, some inseason floral displays in the square (Which Evelyn could be currently seen fixing at to make sure they looked juuuust right)... Enough to commemorate the event in a simple and sweet manner. The real business of Appreciation day could be seen on the locals, after recieving the name of who they were to send their sweet themed gift to in themed letters through their letterboxes the day before it seemed that most were busy either making the sweets themselves or popping out to buying them to give to their assigned person or for a lot of cases to friends and family too...

|Tags|

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic queanbean queanbean Lumina Lumina Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne Archdemon Archdemon WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Pik Pik Taigakitt Taigakitt

evetitle-01-png.687237

20200107_102203-jpg.676452

"Aaaand There!" She chimed to herself as she took a step back from the current flower display she was fixing at with her hands at her hips "Perfect, right?" She said glancing down as the white fluffy dog walking around her feet and turning away from the display with disinterest causing Evelyn to sigh lightly "Right. You don't care at all do you, Bork. It's too close to lunch for you to" she said in a joking tone as she reached out and ruffled his fur.

Double checking the flowers meant the last of the preparations for today was done. With less things around compared to the likes of festivals, most of the decoration fixing was left to her rather than having a full group of help brought in. Not that she minded at all, the opposite really. She always liked to go all in with any of the events in the town big or small, even sporting a white and soft pink themed skirt, blouse and ribbons especially to match the occasion.

Though with the right vibe now in place and letters all delivered by Bork and herself the evening prior that did leave one other job to do before she would try grab lunch. Delivering her gift to Emily. Something she had planned to do this morning but got side tracked with double checking everything and whoops the morning passed right by. At least it was still early enough and at least she hadn't completely forgotten...

With that thought in mind her hand quickly moved to her bag and patted it. Did she even remember to bring it. Oh gosh. Opening the bag quickly ended that theory with a cutely wrapped chocolate and blueberry muffins she had baked the night before neatly packed inside. She wasn't sure what Emily liked but she felt what she had made somehow suited the girl's...vibe? For lack of a better word, she hoped she wasn't too wrong about it now that she had made it this far. She gave herself a mental pat on the back for remembering to pack them at least as she closed the bag again, her next task now finding Emily to pass on her (hopefully good) gift...

• More Info •

Mood:
Cheerful

Objective:
Deliver Gift

Interacting with:
Open for interaction!

Mentioned:
Emily, Bork

Tags:
Open for interaction!
• Character Sheet •

ameliatitle-01.png

ameliaaresize.jpg

1pm on a holiday day meant a half day at the Clinic for Amelia (though she could be called at anytime for emergencies of course). Before she had locked up the clinic for the day though, she was spending the first part of that time off trying to finish off packing what she had made for her Appreciation day gift exchange, not getting time to wrap it before work this morning. The whole thing was something she swore she didn't ever remember signing up for when the letter was popped through the letterbox the evening before. According to a more than used to it at this point Sam though, there was no sign ups, it was just a nice thing to do between the locals, this was just her first year being included since she had only arrived days after this particular holiday the year before. She guessed it was a nice sentiment, spending so much time in the city and in Salus most of her life, she just hadn't came across this way of celebrating much.

After second guessing herself, changing her mind on what she was going to make multiple times the night before and of course worrying that she would pick something her recipient wouldn't like, she finally had decided to make an assortment of cookies and pack them into a little tin, hoping that with a couple of each there was sure to be at least one flavour that would be liked. She didn't take Hunter to be a picky person by any means of course but, Amelia being Amelia, she wanted to make sure she tried just as much as everyone else was for their given person... Or maybe she actually overdid it? Maybe she should have just bought something instead... She paused as she was packing the now wrapped tin into her bag at the thought. Nope. Nope she was not going down that street in her thoughts. She was overthinking things enough as it was. Goodness it was just a little gift!

The now wrapped gift was put into her bag for delivering later at some point, hopefully when Hunter wouldn't be too busy with Inn stuff. She then popped her glasses into her cardigan pocket and made for the front door to the clinic, locking it behind her once she was out to head on her way. Her current plan for the afternoon being to find somewhere nice to sit while having her packed lunch and enjoy the sun and the lack of spring rain today seemed to have...and to have a peek at what decorations were around out of curiosity.

(OPEN FOR INTERACTION!)

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Have lunch?

Interacting with:
Open for interaction

Mentions:
N/A

Tags:
N/A

• Character Sheet •

Last edited:
summercomm.jpgem.jpg
Emily
Mentions: Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess Nona Nona
Summer
Interaction: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation

"Think you for stoping, by dream drop. Please come again soon." Emily let out a sigh of relief as the last customer of that hour left with it being Appreciation Day a lot of townsfolks would be stoping by hoping to use the place as an easy gift. It had been two days since she started working at Dream Drop and the transition between it had been a stressful one at least for her. She went from a simple meet and greet the customer, get their order, and assists them until they leave. Too now having to do that while acting and dressing the part of a character was quite the transition say the least. Her first day along was spent with a girl named Kana getting her measurements for all the costumes that was an experience. And the second day after that was her doing her absolute hardest make a good impression to her new boss Kei after there mess of first impression on each other. He's definitely a different person when at work so it didn't really help with her stress. Today's theme was Wonderland and Emily would take on the role of Alice since according to everyone she already had the perfect look for it. The role was an easy one because it allowed her to be more like herself. Sitting down take a minute to relax before more people come in she could feel a box in her skirt pocket inside contained a set of chocolate brownies for the vet named Asuka something she will have to remember to drop off later.

"Now where is that bartender." Summer mutters too her self as she wonders around town aimlessly she had been chosen to give the man a gift for this Appreciation Day and since she plans on using the poor man's bar as her own personal hang out and will probably even set some gambling games there to treat the poor suckers I mean victims, I mean new found friends to a nice game of chance. So probably for the best to be on his good side. Wondering into the park she sees the bartender sitting on a bench snoozing away without a care in the world, he's lucky this isn't the city. Sneaking over to him she gently pokes at his cheek "Xander, your favorite customer is here. So WAKE UP!"

• iaw5cju2gtl21.jpg
    Date: Saturday, Spring 14th || Appriciation Day
    Time: 1pm || Afternoon

Mentions:
    Kei ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Emily ( Pik Pik )
    ~ Dream Drop ~
    Runway's Fashionista || Kana's CS File

She kicked back sitting at one of the chairs in the lobby after their rush. She was still dressed in full costume as the Mad hatter of the store, something about being the most fit for the job. She kicked Kai as he said so, even though she was already entirely planning to be the hatter. She sighed as she glared in the direction of the open kitchen at her new boss.

Life had changed since new ownership. She was glad she could still design all the outfits, she had a last minute struggle to add two more on her plate of cosplay designs thanks to Kalani’s last minute notice of the change of ownership. She pouted even thinking about it. The betrayal! She could have gone with Kalani to Jupiter City if the woman hadn’t given her a half days notice. Not that she wanted to live in a junky city anyways!

She jumped up and ran back to the bar when she saw her boss turn his head. Had she been seen? She hissed as she knelt behind her espresso machines. She was technically the only Barista in Kore but she didn’t want to push her luck with the stories she’d heard of City Slicker Bosses from Leo and his friends. She couldn’t be fired! She didn’t have any other skills!

“Yeah that’s right pretty boy… I won’t lose at this game of hide and seek…”

Why wasn’t he gone already? Why couldn’t bosses just go do bookwork in the damn library. The worst she ever had to worry about with Kalani was her pay being docked. Everyone in town knew she made the best cup of joe, and had a stunner personality to boot! She was lucky her own little nook was the only place that was easy to hide. Oh why couldn’t the new boss be a cute girl?

Last edited:

• 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652...jpeg
    Date: Saturday, Spring 14th || Appriciation Day
    Time: 1pm || Afternoon

Interacting With:
    Mirko (NPC) Open for Interactions [Will Move Him Later if no one else is in]
    ~ Town Square ~
    I Got U || Mason's CS File

He looked at the selection of art supplies with his hand over his chin looking every part like a critical observer. Too bad he didn’t know jack shit about paints. It was appreciation day, luckily enough he got Cleo. He knew her well enough but he didn’t know anything useful about her hobbies. She liked art, easy enough. But what was the difference between a HB pencil and a B pencil.

Oliver was so much easier, he would just throw food at him and drag them all to a party. After all Ollie wasn’t one to take gifts that well. He could easily pass it off as him wanting a master’s opinion on what he made, though. It wasn’t a surefire way to get him to agree but well the attempt was there. Actually, he needed to get Cleo's present fast if he planned to make them snacks still. Cookies should be fine right? Maybe he could convince them all to go to Dream Drop after.

Not to say the attempt wasn’t there for Cleo but he somehow felt that if he just blew his whole last paycheck on the gifts that Cleo would only give him a look. With just one look he could feel like she’d gone “well why did you buy everything.” He wasn’t good at holding back when it came to his only two friends. With a grumpy pout, he grabbed as much as he could carry and brought it to the counter.

“Hey can you give me some advice on what to buy a girl who draws alot? What pencils are best? Like do you have special numbers in colored ones? Or like uh those watercolored ones?”

There are simple truths in the life of Zach. Naps are good at anytime, mine carts are totally normal means of transportation, and sometimes getting lost in a forest is to be expected. Purely by coincidence that last part just so happened to be how one sleepy blonde spent the better part of the past hour…or two, having left the road to Kore for reasons only he would know if he could remember why. Sadly, he had been just a liittle too worried about, you know, not being lost anymore to keep track of how he got into that little mess. Anyways that little detail didn’t really matter, unless it did, but he was pretty certain it didn’t. As for the whole getting out of the woods thing it was kinda fortunate that with all that practice Zach was getting better at digging himself out of those holes he somehow falls into.

Today it turned out the railway was his salvation. Those steel tracks running through the forest were the perfect guide back to Kore. Unless he was going the wrong way of course, that was something he found out the hard way. But not this time!

Back on a more familiar path, the no longer lost boy inspected the checker cloth wrapped Tupperware that remarkably went unscathed after a romp in the woods. More importantly, the contents inside were also safe while Zach himself had a few new scratches and scrapes, but that was routine at this point so of little care. The lonely walk back let the boy’s mind get back to second guessing his gifts. No not the obscene amount of chocolate chip cookies that he a little embarrassingly only gets half credit for, but rather the pair of bracelets he spent the better part of the very early morning, previous night and just maybe that Thursday night working on which was perhaps why he was somehow drowsier than usual on Friday. They may have also been the reason the house was twice smoked out with burning cookies but he wasn’t going to tell anybody about that. Both bracelets were of the same fishtail pattern with the only difference being one having red thread with white while the other was pink and white. They were certainly imperfect creations but to the one who made them imperfect would have been the greatest of compliments.

So that was how Zach made his way to the Kore train station. With a scratched cheek, hair littered with a leaf or two and carrying something wrapped in cloth he probably looked like a runaway. From the station he strolled along to the school, an absolutely absurd thing to do on a weekend but today there was a good reason. Then, after some healthy hesitation, he went to the classroom and placed his bundle on his desk before promptly crashing.

Cora McKenzie

° + ₒ + ° + ₒ + ° + ₒ + ° + ₒ + °
mood: Excited
interactions: Cress ( Lumina Lumina ) Cleo ( Nona Nona )
+ Anyone else at the craft day! (open to all)
ₒ + ° + ₒ + ° + ₒ + ° + ₒ + ° + ₒ

The not-often-neat-and-tidy village classroom was once again gleefully cluttered and, despite being a Saturday afternoon, held plenty of life. Crafts of all kinds covered stations set up at clustered desks - paper, paint, jars, rocks, flowers, ribbon, and even leaves, veggies, and dried macaroni. It was a creative free-for-all.

Cora stood back with a smile. Pom poms and lights were strung up above the windows and a sign at the front entrance welcomed everyone in.

APPRECIATION DAY CRAFTING
color, cut, collage, create!​

Appreciation day was once the highlight of her childhood. Moods were high and everyone seemed elated and jittery to both receive and give their mystery gifts. What fantastic energy. Although it was a little bit different this year, being an adult rather than a rambunctious and muddy kid, the childish redhead still felt a familiar joy.

The nostalgia of gathering together bits and bobs of handmade little gifts was something she couldn't not pass on, especially as a teacher. Plus, she hoped all the kids (or anyone who decided to show up) would have some fun making things rather than buying them or be able to add just a perfect little handmade touch to what they already had.

She turned to the space and anyone who had already arrived with a smile, clasping her hands together.

"Alright everyone, there are plenty of magazines and pictures for crafting inspiration, or just let your creativity flow wild! Just try to keep the mess to a minimum?" Yeah, right. The old wood floors of this building had seen plenty of mess in their lifetime, and it was far from over.

"If you need any help feel free to ask me or our other crafting cadets." She motioned to the two girls who had helped set everything up that morning. All three had aprons on smeared and stuck with years and years of messy crafting that Cora had managed to dig out of the classroom closet - probably the same aprons they used when she was a student.

Despite so much preparation going into the fun day for her students, she had hardly thought about what to do for her own appreciation day gift. When she flipped open her letter, the name scrawled on it wasn't one she recognized right away. Only after some minor snooping and digging, she found that he was the new owner of Dream Drop and also good friends with Alessia.

Something told her a bag of pretty river rocks or beetles wouldn't be up his alley. Maybe some homemade cookies...?

psx_20200511_014946-jpg.723448

20200511_015235-jpg.723449

Of course Cleo had arrived at the school first thing to help out with the craft day. Such an event was right up her alley and despite her normally calm demeanor, not being the kind of girl to seem outwardly excited about things it was not hard to tell she held a great deal of enthusiasm about today just by watching her. Not caring that the aprons provided had seen many an art projects and had the paint and glue stains to prove it, she had spent the morning setting up the tables for crafting as one of Cora's "Craft Cadets" her other partner in said position being one of the older kids, Cress. While she probably would get along with any of the other kids anyways, she was glad that Cress was the one helping, seeming so level headed and everything. Coincidentally though, Cress was also the name given for Cleo in the gift exchange and the gift was already in Cleo's lilac floral bag, though she had plans to pass over the cupcakes she had Evelyn help her make later when she had the chance to make a card to go with it in the craft day.

Right now with everything more or less ready to go in the classroom, making a card was just what she was up to. One of a few actually! She had one for Evie and her parents to make, one for Cress of course and one each for her two best friends, also had gifts for them. Iced flower themed sugar cookies to be exact, again, homemade but these where without that extra help so she was rather proud of them. Enough to slip a few in with Cress' cupcakes too. In the meantime while classroom was still only filling up, Cleo was quietly adding some nice coloured glitter, barely noticing the bit of glitter glue she got on her cheek as she worked but still managing to raise her hand and look up to indicate herself when Cora had acknowledged her helpers and informed that they would be there for those coming in.

• More Info •

Mood:
Excited

Objective:
Appreciation cards!!

Interacting with:
N/A

Mentions:
Cress, Cora

Tags:
Lumina Lumina queanbean queanbean

• Character Sheet •

It takes quite a bit of effort to make enough sweets for an entire village and only a loon would procrastinate all that work until the last second. Luckily Max wasn’t that far gone yet and nearly everything had been finished the previous day with a great helping hand from Oliver. Well, everything that could handle a day or two in the fridge that is. Working with Oliver’s schedule the pair made simple things like fruits or nuts coated in chocolate, one order of orange bars for the local orangaholic, Linzer cookies with raspberry preserve hearts, mini blackout cakes, inside out red velvet cookies, panna cotta with strawberry, and zebra shortbread cookies. Then they moved on to slightly more intricate makings like salted caramel and chocolate tarts (with or without pecans), cherry cheesecake bars, and mille-feuille (with or without raspberry). There was also a couple test items sent to the more…dedicated sweet tooths in Kore for them to review which included rice cakes stuffed with brown sugar and coconut, kue nagasari as well as ma’amoul. After everything was made only the portioning and wrapping was left. On the big day the sweets would be delivered in red bags.

Appreciation Day began innocently enough for Max. Still in his slippers he spent the early hours at the village square with arms burdened by numerous containers. Thankfully not for long as somebody wearing a very conspicuous trench coat and sunglasses joined him in the cool morning air. Without a word they made an exchange and Max went home not at all bothered. With that chore finished he moved onto more normal things, things such as wandering around the village in the dark to drop off gifts on people’s doorstep. Because why not?

Depressingly this year had him starting way out in the shadow of the mountains since somebody thought that was a fun idea followed by a deserved caffeine stop at Dream Drop, then it was the farms and other outlying homes such as the Taurez place. A quick stop at The Bus, home of the dynamic duo was next on the list. Poor Rix had a lot of work the past few days because of Max so it only seemed fair that they got a little extra as thanks, and since Rui was a bloodhound for sweets it was sort of required they received similar treatment. A bit of self-preservation really as everybody knows colorblind tailors are not to be trifled with.

Of course some things couldn’t well be expected to last for hours even in the chill Kore air so Max had to plan around that. Then there was the woodland critters and monsters to deal with, but lucky for everyone the clever baker had that covered with one easy trick. Each bag had a note politely asking them not to eat the sweets. So with those goodies safe and sound Max was free to do something he rarely did. He went home, propped his feet up on the bakery’s counter and relaxed. Later on Oliver showed up and the two delivered the remaining gifts, though by that time Kore was pretty lively so they needed to search for some of their targets then it was only a matter of letting his apprentice work his magic on their hearts.

After all that the two parted as his apprentice headed to the school while Max once again returned to the bakery. And that is where he stayed, for awhile playing with a box nearly as big as him and enough packing peanuts to maybe question if the early hours are finally taking a toll on his mind. Seemingly satisfied with that disaster he loaded a few more manageable boxes (one being a small cooler with something inside for a pair of unorthodox pets) on top of the large one before picking them up to rather blindly find his giftee.

Last edited:
Oliver Taurez
Interaction: queanbean queanbean

Zachary Pierce- The new kid on the block. I don't know much about him but all i know he is a friend of Cress! Cress's friends are friends of mine too! Hmm... What should i get him is a mystery! I gotta look for that perfect appreciation gift! But... What if he doesn't like it? Oh no! I have to start looking soon!

Spring 14th, Saturday/1pm Oliver has left home early in the morning to get ahead of this wonderful sunny day. It was a time for appreciation for the people he truly care about. He spent more time with his grandmother at home early in the morning to make her feel accompanied, although he cannot spend the day in the house. Like a hero called into action Oliver had left home with haste to answer into Max's task of going to deliver goodies all over the village. Leaving his Grandmother back home, leaving her with a kiss on the cheek and a loving smile that his Grandmother will always be grateful to see.

The delivery was not a hindrance to the boy, it actually gave him something to do. If Max observed closer Oliver was less chatty today, just carrying on with the help without much liveliness and almost drone like. It seems that a gift for a kid he hardly knows was a challenge to him. Troubling his mind by the minute, he did not show worry but there are signs of it. Like how he sometimes do not pay attention. The trip around the village was something he needed to take a refreshing view, he went on his day after helping Max. He did get a fresh idea of a gift for Zach. Next stop... The school!

Arriving minutes late into craft camp. Oliver reported for duty to his Teacher, Cora. Holding a slightly crumpled paper bag with a note behind his back, a gift for someone.

"Hello, Ms. Cora! I'm sorry that i am late."

Taking his usual spot in the classroom. He still caught up to the orientation for crafting and he has shown visible excitement towards it too. Arts and Crafts is something he doesn't usually do but at least one of his friends does. Speaking of friends, both are present in the classroom just doing there own things. He didn't pay much attention as clock is ticking and he has hardly started. Setting his gift aside he gathered 3 stacks of magazines and a bit of a few of everything provided for the students to use for their creativity. Oliver returned with his pile seconds later. The classroom was busy all over as the colors paper and such scatters everywhere and students doing their own thing. Cora's rule of keeping the mess to a minimum was something the boy followed, in fact his desk was a little too clean. If observed closely he has not started with anything. Oliver stared into the blank sheet of paper laid in front of him as if he is waiting for something to happen. This is where Oliver realized that he is not good at arts and crafts. Oliver was used to instructions on tasks that when it came down to doing anything himself creatively. He cannot even come up with single idea that he commits to. His smile disappeared and replaced with a slight disappointed/frustrated look, by now one would think that he would go ask for help but with his attempt to do it independently kept him seated without even a crafting tool in hand. He was caught in creative block.

samtitle-01-01-png.664424

samfullcolour-jpg.664416

Who knew baking was so much more difficult than cooking? At least that was the case for Samuel in particular, having no problem cooking normally, yet it took three tries to get the treats he was baking to be the bare minimum of edible and another to make them presentable enough to gift. Usually he would just buy some nice cookies for whoever he got but for this year something inside him wanted to put in that extra little effort maybe it was the fact Amelia made it look not as difficult when she had borrowed the kitchen the night before to bake for her person? Who knew. Here he was now cleaning up the kitchen he had completely trashed this morning while trying to put in that said extra effort. Luckily this year he had gotten Lumina as the person to receive his gift, someone he had spent just enough of his free time this season with to figure out what flavors she liked most. Maybe the fact he was planning on dropping her a gift whether he got her name or not also made him want to try to settle on something more than just something bought. Either way he didn’t push the idea around any further in his head as he had packed his final attempt into a small box. He had settled for a mini Orange drizzle cake over something chocolate themed, maybe he had aimed a little too high for someone not knowing what they were doing (Attempt 1 and 2 were enough to back that up) but he felt attempt number 3 was a success, not the tidiest in the decoration depart but still something he felt good about gifting.

Once done he had headed out of his home, already sorting out the ranch work first thing this morning so his next destination was to deliver the small cake, accompanied Gordo, the chubby mutt normally impossible to walk but the smell of the boxed cake was enough to entice him to trail behind as Sam continued into town and towards Lumina’s workshop. At least that’s where he assumed Lumina would be at this time of day. Reaching the building he gave the door an rhythmic knock before he peered his head in to look around “Afternoon!” He called out, hoping that he managed to catch the blacksmith at the right time.

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Deliver Lumina’s gift

Interacting with:
N/A

Tags:
Lumina Lumina

• Character Sheet •

Users who are viewing this thread

Back