• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Kobayashi

Kobayashi was surprised by Link's decision; the Hero of the Wilds himself, foregoing either brave -- and potentially suicidal -- mission to protect a mere office-worker caught in the worst circumstances?

"You sure?"

Then she pondered to herself.

'Sure, I'm staying behind, but...even then, I'm still not that good at protecting myself. What happens, then, if either zombies or bad people are showing up at my doorstep? I'd have nothing to defend myself with by then. It would not only jeopardize my life, but all the others' here as well.

Well, if Link protecting the debriefer means the group gets their reliable information all the way through, then okay.'

Kobayashi took a deep breath.

"Okay, you review surveillance with me, then. But if something comes up behind us, you know what to do."

June Verles June Verles (GM), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justise), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jason), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Chungchangching Chungchangching (Vitan), darkred darkred (Lucas), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)​

marc122 marc122

Link would nod his head lightly. "Of course, besides, I already dealt with hordes of zombie-like things once in my life-time, I am not really up to repeating the experience here, considering two of the four most effective weapons I use, might bring the place down around us...something I think people would like to avoid."

Alpha
At the Williamette Mall. Wounded.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha was shocked that Kobayashi managed to not only find a gun, but she found one with a full magazine. At least she was armed, which was of some comfort as she followed her back to the rest of the group, up and into the mall, and into the security room.

She didn't listen to the plan, but accepted a walkie-talkie. With a quick look at herself, and a double-take, Alpha decided maybe some clothes shopping was in order too. This being an american mall, Alpha would also ask the horned woman a question.

"Are there any stores with guns in them? Pawn shops, hunting shops, that sort of thing? We could maybe swing up there too, if it isn't already on the way, and grab some more weapons, with better punch or range, than what we have."

While it may not have been a feasible idea with the hordes of zombies, Alpha wasn't particularly worried. Headshots wouldn't be a problem, since they moved so slow (or so she hoped), and ammo wasn't a problem for her either. The sound would attract more but that didn't seem to matter to her. The entire mall was filled with zombies, so who cared? They'd just run into dozens regardless.

Giving voice to those thoughts, she'd speak up again.

"As long as we don't use guns around this room, I think we should be okay. There's dozens of them if that entrance plaza is anything to go by, so a gunshot wouldn't do anything, and a body might even slow them down. That being said, conserve your ammo and only use your weapons if it's a last resort."

June Verles June Verles Haz. Haz. Centurion_ Centurion_ Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds marc122 marc122

Kobayashi

The more Kobayashi listened to Link, the more she understood his decision.

'Link carries around the Master Sword, as well as bombs, explosive arrows, fire weapons, great hammers, and what-not from what I've played of the games surrounding him. Although a building like this mall could sustain the caliber he carries, ensuring he keeps it to a low level -- it doesn't look too old after all -- it is better if he decides not to attract the attention of many more zombies.'

"I understand how you feel. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, after all."

Just then, Alpha made a point that she had pondered upon earlier on, and she was right; guns are the group's last resort.

"Exactly. Even if we find more weapons and ammo, and even if there are fewer zombies than expected, we are still running on borrowed time and resources, one way or another. Besides, if we are to fire our weapons, it is obvious that we may attract more zombies to our vicinity anyway, so it is best that you lots get creative if it means avoiding a firefight with the undead."

June Verles June Verles (GM), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justise), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jason), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Chungchangching Chungchangching (Vitan), darkred darkred (Lucas), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)​

1609470872187.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Security Room| Interactions: Lith, Val, Everyone.| Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​

As he turned the engine off and exited the truck he was met with an unfamiliar face, one which he was yet to add to his mental list of the strong and the weak within ‘his’ group, untrusting of his reliability he scoffed as he began mentioning that he had a proposed ‘idea’ because Jacob knew there was a 50/50 chance of either something extremely stupid or something reasonable to come out of his mouth and he betted on the former due to the Kid’s general physique and appearance, he looked useless. Considering his assumptions were made suddenly compared to a lengthy observation, he was not as surprised when the young man made a logical plan in comparison to when the dimwitted, weak and feeble odd-looking woman did prior. As he listened to the young man’s idea, he turned around and locked the truck’s door behind him, attempting to reopen the door to test if it was locked properly, turning around to face the man and replying “My original plan was too park this truck here next the entrance and allow easy transport of goods but since plans have changed” he paused as he looked at Justice climbing on the roof for a moment before looking back to the young man “moving the truck to somewhere more isolated and accessible would be advantageous for this little undertaking”.

He starred up as some of the group followed the demon girl onto the roof and presumably inside the building, he looked down and gestured towards the young man to come while replying “Let’s get moving”. He circled around the truck and climbed up, getting a tight grip and pulling himself up onto the roof, he walked towards the door and found himself in a still functional security room. He inspected the room as he thought up a strategy and thought about the things he wished to collect on his way out until the demon girl started to speak up and roleplay as the leader just like Reiner did in the past, it didn’t take long for him to voice his objections “Within a wolf pack, any moment the leader fails to meet expectations they’re replaced because they’re unfit and if they’re weak, feeble, ill, they’re killed or left as they are nothing but a burden. Your attempts to get in here put us all in danger and for you to take control of the situation? It’s a joke and you’re lucky I haven’t began culling this herd right now.” he says in his familiar stern voice as he stared her down as if she was prey, walking over towards the locker and taking a radio. He walked and stood next to the exit as he announced to everyone in the room “I expect you all to be collecting useful supplies, both for the freak-show of a hotel but also yourselves for future chores. I will be leaving and hunting for a loading bay or warehouse, once I find a safe one the truck will be moved inside and all supplies moved into the bay or truck... Anyone here is free to join me.” while looking at a map and assuming Lith also entered the Security Room he’d gesture him to follow as he began to exit the door.

Last edited:
Mentioned: Everyone in the office.

Link watched as Jacob soon leave the office, lightly clicking his tongue at the harshness of other man's words as he lightly folded his arms across his chest a little.

"That man reminds me of a man that I loathe, kind of wants me to punch him right in the face." Link's long ear soon twitched catching the sounds of someone in the group probably agreeing with Link's statement but wasn't sure since he had only heard in one ear.

Kobayashi

As Kobayashi climbed up the truck and walked across its trailer, she overheard what appeared to be Jacob explaining his original plan to the new arrival. With the gun remaining in her hand, out in the open, she raised an eyebrow, slowing down deliberately as if to overhear what he had to say. Shaking her head, she then continued her way up to the rooftop.

. . .

Just then, a fourth voice spoke up out of everyone in the group. Kobayashi turned around to face them. Bad news: it was Jacob, who went on a short rant to Val about the survival of the fittest.

'I don't like this.'

Kobayashi frowned, as she listened on.

'The strong preying on the weak generally cares not for what said weak wanted to do, and what accomplishments they've made for themselves, and for the others. Apparently, Val was of little benefit because of her and Justise's little mess-up, which, I can argue, probably wasn't their brightest decision. But at the very least, I'm not talking about culling the girl, especially when I haven't spoken about my plan, no?

'Who even knows what I'll get into at this point; I already know what he can do to someone if they're left alone, like with Alpha. If he's the kind to just restrain a girl and then beat them almost to death, then I sure am not going to let it happen to a valuable team player.'

"That's not the problem."

Kobayashi stepped in front of Val to face Jacob.

"It's either we protect each other, or we don't, and just moments ago, it was either we get in the mall for the supplies, or we don't. This is a group effort, Jacob; we're all in this together, you included, and we're going to get the supplies for that hotel, yet you're here discarding her achievements just for your sermon.

Now, I've heard about your original plan, and I agree that it would have been good...but if that's the case, why didn't you speak up about it sooner?"

Kobayashi took a deep breath.

"I digress; what's done has been done, nothing less."

Jacob then announced his intention to move the truck somewhere else, inviting anyone else insane enough to want to join him. At least now, he's going somewhere...then Link had to speak up, while Jacob is still within hearing range. With widened, shocked eyes, she quickly turned her head to Jacob, then to Link, before shakily holding a finger up to her lips as if to say:

"(Please be quiet.)"

June Verles June Verles (GM), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Haz. Haz. (Justise), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Chungchangching Chungchangching (Vitan), darkred darkred (Lucas), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)​

val_post_2.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised
Wearing: Civilian semi-formal outfit, rinsed from blood
Carrying: P-375 pistol, Mk1 dagger

---

"Somebody wasn't paying attention~" Val teased Alpha with, a mischievous smile spreading across her lips. "Yes, up in the North Plaza it looks like there are both a hunting store and a blades store, as well as a hardware store who those of you who prefer your armament a bit less orthodox. Now then, any other questions?" she polled the room with, like a teacher assigning her students homework.

At that moment, Jacob opened up on her, the verbal assault coming from his lips rapidly darkening her mood and turning her smile into a scowl. Val thought momentarily about giving him a piece of her everything she'd been repressing ever since she'd met him, but before she could say anything, much to her surprise the diminutive lady who'd helped her carry Alpha to Justise's room to get cleaned up thrust herself between them, doing very much what Val was about to do and getting little out of it in response. The demoness realized immediately what she would have to do to prevent their mission from falling into compete ruin.

"Enough." As the former church agent held up a hand to hold off any further debate, the others would notice the voice that bellowed from Val was similar to that heard by the members of the attack squad in the attack on the Powder Ganger base. "Kobayashi-san, though I appreciate it, there's no point trying to defend me; infighting is only going to slow us down, no matter what the alternative is. Save your strength for the trial we have ahead of us and leave him to his own decisions." She said nothing to Jacob as he circled around her towards the lockers, taking a radio and giving his own orders before stalking off back to the rooftop.

Once he'd left, she let out a little sigh, an action she'd seemed to be doing a lot lately. I'd like to claim I've never seen someone this crazed for authority, but... She turned to the group, her voice slightly softer now. "I never claimed to be a leader of this group, and to be perfectly frank, I don't want to be. It's not my style. But the fact is we need a plan and as I said, this is the best I can come up with on the spot; if folks don't want to join in, they don't have to. I'm sure as hell not going to force people against their will," she emphasized, her sour tone hinting at certain actions the group had seen earlier. "So here's what I'm going to do, to prove it to you all: I'm going to head in, on my own. My path will be the one that proceeds through the Paradise Plaza and the Leisure Park. People are welcome to do as they wish; for those who wish to join me, meet me in the Entrance Plaza. As for the others, I leave your actions up to you."

Val clicked her radio on and plugged her headset into it before stowing it away on her concealed gear belt. "Very well. Whatever be our fate, may the Creator guide us, in whatever manner be fit." She turned with a dramatic flair of her overskirt, and began making her way down the hall towards the door to the Entrance Plaza proper.

---

Interaction: Sleek Sleek , marc122 marc122
Mention: Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

Last edited:

• 337972317080211.png
    Reiner was the last one to the Security room, arriving just as others left. He'd spent his time doing a seemingly pointless sweep of the perimeter, one of the weirdest and most fascinating parts about this mall was that the zombie infestation was almost entirely contained solely inside the mall its-self. With nothing of interest to report, he approaches the door and quickly steps back to make way for Val who stormed off with a slight attitude in her step. "Everything alright...?" He questions the remaining few in the security room whilst he steps inside. It was clear to him that he'd missed another session of infighting, but at this point it almost seemed inevitable and he'd rather not concern himself with the details in the current moment.

He passes Kobayashi and Link, pulling up a desk chair and planting himself firmly in front of the CCTV screens. "Is this all happening, right now?" He asks Kobayashi and Link, pointing at the screen. Reiner wasn't exactly amazed by the new technology, it was just another new experience to him just as it was learning how to use the ODM. "I guess we're on bail-out, if this is all accurate can you guide me to any of them if they get into a sticky spot?" Reiner continues his questioning.

marc122 marc122 Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
Vitan.PNG
"If, uh, anyone wants somebody to accompany them. I'm here, I guess."

A small mention to this dysfunctional group of killers. I mean, they have seen how much ass I kicked in the Powder Gangers firefight, right? I'm still not over that. I picked up a radio for myself and fiddled around with it until I found out its basic functions. It's pretty standard. You can see this in most basic bitch dimensions like mine. Then this asshole started talking again! I rubbed my face, trying not to audibly express my irritation. Jacob, for fuck sake! The thing that differentiates you from wolves is that they don't fucking whine and are an actual asset to the pack! I feel like you're just LARPing your edgy fursona without knowing anything about wolves other than them being hot!

N. . . Not that I think wolves are hot! I have other interests. . . Which are equally bad if not worse than furries. I'll spare you the trauma and I'll spare myself the judge of my character by not specifying any further.

@Safehousebois

Kobayashi

Just as quickly as she had shut Jacob down, Val did the same for Kobayashi, this time talking about the infighting going on.

"I--"

Kobayashi looked around the room, then turned her attention back towards Val.

'Oh wow. Did I just get...too ahead of myself? Not just that, but--... This sort of thing has happened before, so that can only mean...'

"Right, apologies. We're here to work together after all."

Val then detailed her own plan to go alone, and while she had her concerns at first, she decided not to voice them, knowing how capable she was. As Val began to leave, Kobayashi waved goodbye, smiling.

"Ki wo tsukete (Be careful). Take care."

As Val left for the Entrance Plaza, Reiner came inside late, as people have, by then, already started leaving. He appeared confused about what was going on, but Kobayashi didn't fault him on that; he came from the fictitious year of 850 in the Attack on Titan manga, after all. Thus, it was only reasonable that he would have no idea what a television is, let alone a video game.

"It appears so. Well, as for that second question, it's more like the two of us here are to watch our peers with this thing called the CCTV. We're observing the environment surrounding them, guiding our allies wherever should be best, and warning them in the event something dangerous comes up, all through these monitors."

Kobayashi began walking over to the door to grab radios for Jacob and Val while continuing to speak.

"My only question is, and no offense to you, sir, but..."

As Kobayashi opened the door, she turned back towards Reiner.

"Why did you stay here? I mean, I have nothing against you being right here per-se, just that... I believe your strength is better served somewhere else in this mall."

June Verles June Verles (GM), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jason)​

• 337972317080211.png
    Reiner spins around on the chair to face Kobayashi, staring her down with his arms crossed. "So who's strength is going to save you if the enemy comes over here..?" He asks her, looking around the room whilst he spoke. It would've probably come off a little rude as to almost undermine Link's capabilities as he almost completely deemed him incapable of protecting her. "You two are just as important as anyone else on this team, don't turn away help you need." The Warrior states in a rather blunt fashion before spinning back around to face the screens.

"So, you can match this 'CCTV' to the map of the building and we can let them know where the enemy is in advance right?" Reiner continues his questioning, almost as if he hadn't even taken a moment to compliment the pair still in the room with him. "Could've done with this sort of intelligence back in Paradis, whole situation could've gone a lot smoother..." Braun mumbles to himself as he examines the different screens, trying to spot anything of interest.

marc122 marc122 Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds June Verles June Verles

As the great leader of men went out on his way towards some sort of docking bay he would do his best in an attempt to do so incognito. Of course, he assumed that said docking bay would be in the parking area after looking at the map and the CCTV cameras, so he at least knew the location.

However intent is different from action, as the military man generated a healthy amount of decibels. So much so by the point he made it to the end of the stairs at Entrance Plaza he could look around at the three hallways and see zombies with their targets locked on him, slowly shambling admittedly but with what looked a dozen of them if he didn't want to go back to the second floor and to the security room he'd have to fight his way out. Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

All of this that could be observed remotely by the overwatch group Centurion_ Centurion_ Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds marc122 marc122

1609533197147.png

1609533259809.png

Val was also a military trained operative, with a vast experience in both weaponry and infiltration. So unlike Jacob one would think she would also be quite efficient at getting to a closer location. The Robsaka Digital was perfect in those two regards, as it also darker.

Unfortunately as she approached the store the gate would be pulled down and her moving towards it would trigger the silent alarm system of the store that was still working. Looking around her dark vision would easily let her see the silhouettes of the zombies surrounding her, slowly moving towards her. She was fully surrrounded by zombies and her access to the store was blocked by the cage going down.

Justice wasn't that good at it either, but at least they had the option to hightail it back to the security room. Haz. Haz. PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Centurion_ Centurion_ marc122 marc122 Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds

1609537119285.png

1609537148627.png

Kobayashi

As Kobayashi walked back to the chairs at the CCTVs, Reiner answered her question as to why he's here to stay.

'Even if just Link alone could protect me, there's no guarantee as to what happens then. Perhaps, in that case, additional help would be much appreciated.'

"Alright, you may stay."

Kobayashi walked away from the door as Reiner continued to ask her about the CCTV, proceeding to sit in a chair at the monitor-ridden desk. In the meantime, she had found what appeared to be a walkie-talkie on the desk that she could use to communicate with. Only problem: which person is on what channel?

'So I gotta know exactly which walkie-talkie Val and Jacob got, as well as for the others...'

"Right. You can also spot other points of interest that can help, such as entry points, leftover ammunition, potential strategies, etc., and point them out to their radios."

While inspecting what might be there of the controls in the surveillance room, Kobayashi fiddled around with the walkie-talkie, switching between channels. Unfortunately, what she discovered threw her into a mix.

She could hear zombies slowly gaining up on what she presumed was Jacob. She checked the monitors and saw that, indeed, zombies were starting to trail Jacob.

'Oh shit.'

Kobayashi quickly pressed the button on her walkie-talkie.

"Jacob, you might want to either hurry, or retreat."

Just as she released the button, she heard faint sounds of something closing. Gasping, she hurriedly reviewed monitor footage while switching through channels and found that a gate had closed on Val, who now had the undead beginning to gather around her. Not just that, but Justise had similarly met with such a fate. Fortunately, though, he could still run.

With Kobayashi having figured out the channels for Val and Justise's walkie-talkies through audio and CCTV footage, she pressed the button again, this time speaking to Val first and then to Justise.

"Val, any way out? Justice, can you see anything that can help her?!"

June Verles June Verles (GM), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justise), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith), Chungchangching Chungchangching (Vitan), darkred darkred (Lucas), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)​

• 337972317080211.png
    Watching the chaos unfold on the monitor and in the room as Kobayashi begin to worriedly shout into the radio, Reiner was himself a little helpless with little to no clue on how much of the tech even worked. Opposite to Kobayashi who ever pulled herself closer to the desk, the Warrior pushed himself away and stood up. Adjusting his belt, he checked his magnum "So, who am I going to bail out then?" He asked Kobayashi, pushing her to make a choice.

Personally if he knew where everyone was he would've went for Justise without a second thought, unfortunately he was blind in regards to the internal layout of the mall and would need guidance. He hoped the girl was able to make a choice from what she could see on the screen, she looked smart enough in his eyes. Reminded him of a slightly more sane Hanji.

marc122 marc122 Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds

79558259_p7.png
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Fatigued |
| Equipment:
Surgical Kit, Val's Blood |
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Kobayashi ( marc122 marc122 ), Jacob Seed ( Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 ), Val'sharra Nightshroud ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ) |

For a moment, they thought they may as well just carve him out, feed him to the dead like meat to a dog and get it over with. After all, what really stopped them? Jacob made it abundantly clear he had no interest in cooperating with the group. At every turn, he alienated them, acting further and further out of line, going as far as driving Reiner to suicide and attacking Alpha unprompted - staging a little coup d'état to dispose of him wouldn't be too difficult.
But it wasn't his actions that disturbed them. It wasn't his demeanor that sickened them to the core. When they looked at him, they saw something deeply vile and revolting, too warped to call a person. When he spoke, it was white noise, a hollow regurgitation of some corrupt ideology. He was someone who saw it fit to unravel society, letting mankind's carnal core waste away like another dull animal. And that, all that, was what they hated about him - Jacob Seed was everything wrong with the world as they saw it, a gross violation of human eloquence.

Then it was, that realization barraged them, and they almost broke out into laughter; So that's what it's like to hate, huh? I can't say it's very pleasant.

As Val stormed off with a theatrical flourish and Jacob hobbled away with that stick uncomfortably far up his ass, Justîse chased in saunter after the former. The demon agent made a beeline towards E218, deftly evading the notice of the hordes, the witch light-footed on her heel. But she made one small faux-pas, not gambling on the security system still being active. The gates came down with a deafening clang, reverberating through the court, and all eyes fell on Val, dead in the midst of the zombie crowd. However curious, the swarm's idea of 'eating someone out' probably didn't align with theirs.

That said, her chances of pushing past were slim, and of not getting bitten even slimmer with that skirt. Of course, nothing stopped Justîse from taking a leisure stroll back up the stairs, but two-thirds soulless as they were, they didn't want to see Val gored so helplessly. The four-eyed office girl was quick on the uptake, calling out to them through the walkie-talkie and attempting to draw attention to anything of use in eyeshot. They thumbed the transceiver, "Ah, Kobayashi...-san, was it? I don't know Japanese suffixes very well. Do you see a fire alarm beside you? Somewhere on the wall, maybe? Could you be a darling?"
The bodies dragged closer, and some began to set their sights on Justîse as well. Ever-insouciant, the Executor pursed their lips. "Hit it like it owes you money."

Last edited:
Alpha
Williamette Mall. Wounded.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha would watch as the group began to congeal into different groups. They watched Jacob cause more infighting and watch as the groups headed out. She'd watch the cameras, fiddling with her magic gun, waiting for an opportunity. That opportunity arrived pretty quickly, with Val and Justice being attacked, and Jacob as well. While she would have loved to help Val and Justice, she thought that Reiner could cover it.

"I'm gonna make a break for the north plaza while they have the zombies distracted. It's a little cold, but I figure without my shoes I'd probably be the quietest anyhow."

She said, gesturing to her pawlike feet to the two at the cameras.

"Good luck on helping them. If I get lucky, I'll be able to get enough firepower to help us fight our way out if we have to."

Without another word, Alpha would dash through the door, glad that she had been given a radio to keep in contact with Kobayashi. She'd head down the stairs at the entrance plaza and stick as far from the zombies as she could, using routes where her back was covered as much as possible.

She also hoped she could find a clothing store with relatively few zombies where she could get some new duds. The blood-soaked shirt she was wearing was barely modest at this point.

Haz. Haz. marc122 marc122 Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Centurion_ Centurion_ June Verles June Verles PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Walking past the clothing stores Alpha makes into the gun store, a rather remote place. Luckily for her she would be able to unlock the door to the place quite easily somehow despite her limited experience, to find the gun store relatively intact. Except for the 5 zombies meandering about who didn't happen to notice her yet.

Sleek Sleek

1609547253916.png

Kobayashi

"U--Uh..."

'Shoot, who to bail, who to bail...'

Kobayashi worriedly looked back at the monitors. Val remained surrounded by the zombies and trapped behind the gate, but less so with Justice. In the meantime, Justice had responded to her question, prompting her to look for a fire alarm in the process.

'Val's still surrounded, but Justice could still at least make it back here before anything happens to him.'

As she continued to survey the area, she had found what appeared to be a fire alarm for the gates. Letting out a sigh of relief, she then turned back towards Reiner with a renewed sense of purpose.

'Either way, then this can only mean one thing...'

"You bail Val. I got the fire alarm to buy you time."

The programmer then hovered her hand over the fire alarm.

"Go, now!"

Kobayashi immediately triggered the alarm.

June Verles June Verles (GM), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justice), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner)​

marc122 marc122
Centurion_ Centurion_

Mentioned: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Link lightly flinched a little when the fire alarm went off all of a sudden after Kobayashi triggered it to drawl the attention of the dimwitted zombies away from the poor girl who was all of a sudden trapped behind one of the storm gates as he started to help look for a button or something that would override the gate and lift it back up as he glances at Reiner who looked a little hesitant still.

"I'll stay here and help monitor everything, if you are good with a blade, I can lend you one, they are better at crowd control then a gun."

1609542904486.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Entrance Plaza, Stairs | Interactions: N/A | Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​

“Unsurprising” he softly muttered to himself in disappointment as he watched the slow yet extremely dangerous horde comedically stumble towards him, his prior thoughts cut suddenly as he contemplated the best approach of dealing with the massive inconvenience before him. One option was to of course retreat like a coward confronted with danger, running back to the safety of Security Room or hiding somewhere and wait it out for a indeterminable amount of time for it to be safe to leave. Jacob had no intentions to run or delay the mission any further than the dysfunctional group already has and so he decided to confronted the problem head on, choosing to stay and fight his way past the mentally deficient crowd of mall dwellers. His design was distilled, he would not allow himself choose the flight response, he would only allow himself to fight believing that to be one of his only duty in life besides removing the negative traits of his herd and society. The Asian woman’s suggestion of hurrying or retreating was almost disregarded, going in one ear and out the other, having already known his calling and method of action prior.

There was no time to sit down and the work out a full fledged strategy, the undead was getting closer and he was losing more and more options the more steps they took, he was forced to think something up fast. Eventually he thought something up rather quickly and began to put his rushed plan into action, looking around for anything close to the bottom of the stairs, taking anything he could get his hands on and building a extremely makeshift barricade out of potted plants, cleaning supplies and other decently sized items in the middle of the stairs. Once the makeshift and loose barricade was constructed which looked more as a trip hazard than an actual barricade, he stood on the opposite side to the zombies and rested his left hand on the pile of junk blocking the stairs to both keep its structure and also to push back any zombies pushing against it, his right hand removed the knife from his holster and aimed the blade in front of him. His intentions were simple, funnel the zombies into the straight and narrow stairs, use the assorted junk blocking the stairs to slow them down, and any zombies attempting to get close he would stab them in the head with his knife.

val_post_4.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised
Wearing: Civilian semi-formal outfit, rinsed from blood
Carrying: P-375 pistol, Mk1 dagger

---

Miserable excuse for a human being, Val grumbled to herself as she made her way into the Entrance Plaza proper, pausing at the corner of the service hallway and the main thoroughfare to peer out over the multi-story zombie apocalypse which awaited her. So what fell tragedy plagued this mall to cause this, anyway? From her earlier foray into the area, she'd gotten a feel for how the zombies tended to move, so pathing her way through them was fairly easy: aim for the open pockets and no matter what, keep moving. That being said, serendipitously the first store she wanted to check out was actually right next to where the service hallway had dumped her out: Robsaka Digital, purveyors of many things electronic or otherwise techie. Even if she couldn't find anything particularly useful for the hotel, undoubtedly there would be a few devices that she would find suitable for future purposes.

As she paused at her observation point, she heard footsteps coming up behind her and turned to look, spotting Justise trailing her. "Choosing to plunge straight into the fires of hell with me, Justise? Well, I won't say I don't appreciate the help; I just hope for your sake that decision doesn't, shall we say, bite you in the ass." She swiveled back around to peer out again, and spotted a momentary thinning of the zombie crowd in the area she wanted to move through. "Now's our chance; quick, follow me."

With the wide open doorway that beckoned, Val quickly slinked up to the store, eager to see the wares which lay within. She should have known that such eagerness would get her in trouble. The instant she broke the plane of the entrance way the metal security shutter slammed shut, blocking her off from her goal and, worse yet, pinning her in the middle of a semi-circle of zombies now alerted to her presence thanks to the less than subtle noise the gate crashing down created. "Shit shit SHIT," came the inevitable swearing from the white haired girl, any veneer of cool professionalism rapidly vaporizing in the rapidly worsening situation she was now plunged into.

"Val, any way out?" her radio crackled to life with the voice of Kobayashi.

"I'm trying to think of one!" Val responded through her headset, her pulse beginning to race as her eyes flitted back and forth. The moaning hordes were close enough to block any attempt at horizontal movement, and it didn't look like the gate nor was the facade of the store were particularly scalable, so vertical movement was out as well. If she had something a bit more substantial than her dagger but a LOT quieter than her gun, she'd have given the concept of fighting her way out of a pincer attack a half shake, but she didn't, so she wouldn't.

The sudden klaxon from the fire alarm threatened to blow her heightened hearing abilities apart, but at the moment, nothing was more welcoming a sound as the zombies closing in on her paused to look around in wonder from where that noise was coming from. If that's you Kobayashi, I am in your debt again, you've bought me some time... but now what? Do I dare just pull a Red Rover and- WAIT." With a quick glance to check her distance from the zombies, she turned to inspect the strength of the shutter's bars. But can I really... screw it, no time to think, just do it!

She dashed towards the shutter with arms outstretched, grabbing it and pulling it taut towards her, and for a moment it looked as if she had snapped and was desperately attempting to pull it off its rails in a panic. To noone's surprise the gate easily resisted her attempts, but what happened next was so incongruous it threatened to force anyone who witnessed the act to swiftly reconsider her person; in an unbelievable choice of action, she opened her mouth wide revealing a set of wicked looking set of demonic fangs, and bit straight through the metal barrier. Three additional rip and tears and she had torn a body sized hole in the gate. Without a single additional moment to waste, she dove through it, landing on her side inside the store and sliding onto the interior carpet, miraculously safe and separated from the zombie horde.

"Koba-san, I'm clear; get Justise out of there!"

---

Interaction: Haz. Haz. , marc122 marc122

Last edited:
Kobayashi

Kobayashi was now heavily breathing.

'Oh great, why is Reiner, of all people, just standing there? C'mon already, Val and Justice are still in danger, and you're just gonna wait around here?'

Her fists tightening, she turned to face the monitors once again. As she switched back to Val's channel, she was able to hear the fire alarm that she had sounded off. Looking at the monitors, she saw that the zombies were beginning to gather around where that alarm is located. She would let out a sigh of relief...had there been a good way for Val to get to safety.

'Oh no... How long is that alarm going to last? I mean, I can't just leave it on forever and expect the zombies to continue banding around it. She's still trapped behind that gate, and honestly, I don't even know if she's gonna--"

Before she could finish her lines of thought, Val had started to approach the gate. Kobayashi observed her tugging it at first, and raised an eyebrow. She then switched back to her channel and pressed the button on the walkie-talkie.

"Val, what are you--"

*KRRK!*

Suddenly, Val had started to bite apart one of the gates that shuttered to shield the store. All she did now was to watch in disbelief as the demoness eventually got herself to safety inside a store, with an on-the-spot plan that the office worker never guessed would come to play.

'I realize now... This was why I protected her from Jacob earlier. This was why I refuted his "wolf pack" spiel that essentially discarded her achievements and feats. Val...'

Kobayashi snapped towards Reiner, pointing towards the door.

"Nevermind, Val is safe! Focus on getting Justice to safety!"

'You're a genius.'

June Verles June Verles (GM), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner)​

Last edited:

• 337972317080211.png
    Kobayashi continues to bark orders at Reiner whilst he stands by the door, he was only waiting because she kept going back on herself. With nothing further to say, he set off and ran down the hallway that he'd seen Val walk down when he'd seen her leave the Security room. He turns the corner only to instantly be met by Justise standing at the top of a set of stairs literally right in-front of him...

So Kobayashi liked to panic, that was something to note down in Reiner's mental diary. He jogs over to her, an un-amused expression on his face.
    "You okay? The smart-looking redhead asked me to come and save you, but it looks like you're fine anyways."
    The blonde looks around and then down the hallway, catching sight of Val.
    "Is she okay?" Braun asks, refraining from embarrassing himself running over to once again save someone who doesn't need saving.

marc122 marc122 Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Haz. Haz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back