What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Millennium City: New Beginnings.

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Anime, AU, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Foreign, Harry Potter, Historical, Horror, KRP, LGTBQ, Magical, Meta, Multiverse, Mystery, Naruto Universe, Platonic, Pokemon, Realistic, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Star Wars, Super Powers, Supernatural, Zombies, Warrior Cats
Characters
Here

Haz.

Mask? I wear no mask.
79557789_p16.png
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Fatigued |
| Equipment:
Surgical Kit, Val's Blood |
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Val'sharra Nightshroud ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ), Reiner Braun ( Centurion_ Centurion_ ) |

On cue, the tocsin sung like a banshee. The chaos bought Val a precious few seconds of leeway, distorted hums sending the zombies into a frenzy, but it wasn't enough. Even if she made a break for it, the dead would be upon her again, ready to flay her bare-teethed, and Val was still no closer to escape than she was to begin with. As it stood, there was nothing she could do, and Justîse was resigned to await the gruesome inevitable. Even with the insight of heartburn, the situation hardly felt unusual - the people they loved came and went fleeting, seldom mercied painless deaths. It wasn't a deep philosophical dilemma as far as they were concerned, just another fact of the world they were born too late to hate.

But sorrowfully acquiescing didn't suit them. After all, leaving others to die, calling it a dog-eat-dog world and moseying along without a care was more Jacob's style. "And here I was hoping I'd get to keep this tie a pretty black," Justîse slipped in low hiss, taking a scalpel in an underhand grip like a dinky karambit, fully prepared to take matters into their own hands. 'Manslaughter' was too un-Hippocratic; they preferred 'gross malpractice'.

Then came a great, metallic crunch, and all that murderous momentum fell to a whimper. Had their contacts gotten smudged? Did someone spike their flask? Or were sporadic hallucinatory fits just an undocumented side-effect of having a soul? How bizarre - their imagination must've been incredibly hyperactive, because for a moment it appeared as though Val had just bitten right into the gate.
But the sight never waned. Not a warp, a flicker or a waver. It was no mirage, not some tasteless trick of the mind. As they watched, Val'sharra's jaws nearly unhinged, bearing teeth as vicious as a beast's, and she plunged her serrated grin into the steel, chewing apart the shutters like cotton beneath her bite.

Of course, they thought, it's always the bloody hot people.

Justîse, half-struck in vivid horror and arousal, took a shanty swig of their flask. With a coquette's hum of "Par la mordieu~", they were too seduced by the sight - and dangerously curious about those guillotine lips - to pay the approaching Reiner a mention. Sixty years belated, they discovered a facet of themselves they never knew existed, and it called for a celebration.
 
Last edited:

June Verles

Depression? Never heard of her.
At the press of a few buttons Kobayashi had managed to turn the entire mall a bright red, not having enough time to figure out how to turn on individual plaza alarms. In effect this had two immediate outcomes, one the zombies that were surrounding her other team members would be disorientated momentarily, the sensory overload being too much for them to handle at the moment.

Meaning Alpha had enough time to try and eliminate the 4 zombies in the hunting shack with her gun, as the alarms covered the sounds of her handgun. Jacob also got the brief moment of time necessary for him to push through the zombies to get somewhere else if he so wished, but if he did so he would probably just endanger himself more. At least Val was now safe behind the gate, sadly she seemed to be in a music record shop.

However as Kobayashi could look at the tv screens she could observe as how the zombies became more rabid in their natures, the alarms seeming to have triggered them to become more aggressive. If that wasn't big enough of an issue she could also observe dozens of a familiar enemy, dementors.

They would permeate out of "That's a spicy meatball's" walls and begin floating slowly from the food court towards the entrance Plaza, she didn't need to be a genius to figure out where their final destination would be.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Haz. Haz. marc122 marc122 Centurion_ Centurion_ Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds Sleek Sleek Laix_Lake Laix_Lake
 

Sleek

Show me a good time, Jack!
Alpha
Williamette Mall, Gun Store. Wounded, Disoriented.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha scurried about, attempting to grab a few duffel bags and weapons and ammo and whatnot without attracting attention. She failed, miserably, resulting in the zombies in that vicinity stumbling towards her. She'd curse and raise her weapon, about to fire when her senses were overwhelmed by a cacophony of noises and lights.

In the ruckus, while no more zombies noticed her gunshots, she wouldn't hit her marks either. The disoriented Boss Monster would fire wildly in their direction, missing everything.

Over the radio, all anyone could hear, overriding anything they wanted to say over the din, as the shrieking/yelling of Alpha and the gunshots of her weapon, as well as the rabid zombies near her. Without aid, or some good luck, she was likely to die under the onslaught of now increasingly savage zombies and spectral creatures.

Haz. Haz. marc122 marc122 PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Centurion_ Centurion_ June Verles June Verles
 

June Verles

Depression? Never heard of her.
Alpha was assaulted by an onslaught of zombies, using their inhumane strength to pin her down and then start clawing and biting at her flesh. It was over, no way of escape. However as she closed her eyes she would feel the pressure of the zombies lessening along with the sounds of a sabre cutting into flesh.

A big hand would grab her shoulder, shaking her back to reality as he tried to get her to wake up.

"Hey miss wake up, come on don't make me travel all the way here to save a dead body." Looking up she would see the face of her saviour, armed with a saber surrounded by the corpses of the mangled zombies, chopped up nice and well.

 

Sleek

Show me a good time, Jack!
Alpha
Williamette Mall, Gun Store. Badly wounded
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha would shriek and cry out as she was forced gown, ripped into and continually assaulted. She'd cry out, for once sobbing in fear. Then, it was over. She was alive.

She'd awaken by being shaken, which snapped her back to reality from the sharp and sudden pains all over. The Boss Monster would look up to the man who saved her, and she'd attempt to sit up, getting on her elbows.

"Thanks....F-Fuck....that hurts...."

Alpha would curse and look over herself, a pit forming in her stomach. She was not very well socializied, but even she knew what a zombie attack meant.

"No....No!"

She'd sit up, looking up at the man and struggling to her feet.

"Not like this...."

June Verles June Verles
 

marc122

chew
Kobayashi

From what she could hear of the sounds coming from the walkie-talkie in hand, klaxon sounds were indeed blaring throughout the area, but one look at the monitors told another story: all the fire alarms throughout the mall had been triggered in the process. Fortunately, from what she could see, the zombies became distracted, and were unable to attack the group members, allowing them to hopefully make their escape.

At first.

Soon after, however, those same zombies started to exhibit different behaviors from those previously seen earlier on. And if that was not bad enough, the same Dementors that had come for them in the motel were now heading somewhere, seemingly ignoring Jacob in the process.

'...Wait, I remember these things! Not just from that hotel, but...thinking about it at this point, Hari Potta. Oh my, I remember reading those books, but just now, I remember their names, and the way they were described... The dark, spectral robes floating around, with skeletal hands emerging from the sockets of their hands...

Dementors. And they're heading for--... Oh, no, oh no!'



Kobayashi quickly turned off the fire alarms the best she can, and raised her walkie-talkie towards her face. She switched between channels, warning everyone who was unfortunate enough to have remained in that cursed area that was the Entrance Plaza.

"Dementors coming to Entrance Plaza!"

The girl turned towards Link.

"Link, you were able to get them away, no?"

The Japanese worker quickly looked at the monitors to ensure her deductions were correct, then turned her attention back to the Hero of the Wilds himself.

"Well, get to Entrance Plaza and hold off those Dementors, I'll stay here and provide you and everyone else guidance!"

Afterwards, she flipped between channels, attempting to get into contact with Alpha and Jacob. Alpha was the first whose channel she was able to locate, but by then, she had come by at an inopportune time. Alpha was flailing around, screaming while shooting her gun. And the zombies that turned feral were coming to her.

"Alpha. A--Alpha, calm down. Please, it's only going to--!"

But she was too late; the zombies started to maul Alpha to death. Speechless, Kobayashi dropped the walkie-talkie on the ground, as she began to shed tears.

'Alpha, Reiner, and everyone else... I failed. I did not assess the situation as it was and ignored my own rationale in a futile attempt to save my peers. Please, forgive...huh?'

Never would she have guessed that Santa was coming to town. The kicker? He was already there, with a late Christmas present to boot. He saved Alpha by himself, slashing apart the zombies ripping Alpha's flesh and guts in the process. She staggeringly gasped; had luck decided to have mercy upon them? It was too early to tell, but in due time, they will eventually find out.

Regardless, everything about Alpha's unexpected rescue brought about a renewal of hope, though she had still been affected by the preceding events. Trembling, she picked the walkie-talkie back up from the floor, and switched to Jacob's channel. At the very least, Jacob was still safe, but his time was about to run out if he made the wrong giant step.

"...J--Jacob, you might want to run..."

June Verles June Verles (GM, Nicholas), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justice), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob)​
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
val_post_7.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised
Wearing: Civilian semi-formal outfit, rinsed from blood
Carrying: P-375 pistol, Mk1 dagger
Location: Willamette Mall, Entrance Plaza, Robsaka Digital

---

As Val picked her self off the ground, her spine aching from the repetitive pounding it was taking this day, the prickling of the hairs on the back of her neck bade her to gaze down the corridor she was just in, beyond the now enraged zombies to the area far beyond. Nothing crossed her gaze immediately, but Kobayashi's sudden panicked announcement confirmed her worst suspicions; what had happened not but a few hours ago in the hotel hallway was soon to be upon them once more. She bit her lip to steel herself, rushing rapidly backwards from the gate into the relative darkness of the store to instinctively hide, only to realize how foolish a gesture such a course of action was. You literally watched them go through a door, dummy!

She darted up and down the aisles, looking desperately for anything that could help her out of her predicament. Unfortunately, it looked as this store specialized more in music than in raw electronics, depriving her of an opportunity to obtain any useful hacking gear, though she did pocket a digital recorder that she figured could be useful in the future. However, as she came across the central bins chock-a-block full of discount and otherwise uninteresting CDs, an idea popped into her head. She'd been considering exactly what had both summoned and dismissed the Dementors from before, and assuming her conclusions were correct, it looked like they'd appeared right around when Reiner had- damnit, I never got a chance to ask Justise what the hell happened in there! No matter, the point was; they were clearly drawn to areas of extreme negative energy. Not the first time she'd seen a creature of such behavior, hell, more than once she'd been accused of being such for not completely unreasonable reasons.

So all she needed was some way to counteract whatever was going on now. Right... music is to our souls as words are to our minds. Remember your training, sister. A pained expression crossed her face as the words struck a far different chord now than when she had first heard them, but the effect of the lesson was still there. She began rifling through the multitude of plastic containers, the shrinkwrapped cases making a soft fwip as her fingers danced across their tops. A quiet "got it!" emerged from her once she finally found the one she wanted, and quickly she rushed behind the counter to flip open one of the tabletop players they stored to test discs with. "Come on, work, work," she said, slapping the disc upon the spindle and smacking the play button. As the music began to play, she spoke into her mouthpiece, "Kobayashi-san! Quick, put your radio up to the PA mic and turn it on!" before unplugging her headset and jamming the speaker cable from the test player straight into her radio to broadcast.


---

Interaction: marc122 marc122
 
Last edited:

marc122

chew
Kobayashi


'T--Tohru and Kanna would be going absolutely crazy right now if they were to see this all playing out, no?' Kobayashi set her walkie-talkie down on her desk and wiped her tears. 'I mean, whatever is going on right now would not be too far from whatever happens in...Gintama, or whatever, but here we are. In a zombie-ridden mall with not only fictional characters I not only know, but also have watched or read about, and...Santa.' Kobayashi slowly facepalmed, eyes closed, as she shook her head. 'I guess this is the new normal now.'

After a bit, Kobayashi peeked at the CCTV and saw that Val was...fiddling with a CD player? 'What's she doing now...' The girl flipped to Val's channel and overheard her muttering over her walkie-talkie. She narrowed her eyes, raising an eyebrow. 'She can't possibly be coming up with--wait a second...' Her eyes widened up. 'If zombies are affected by sound, and the klaxons of the fire alarms did the trick, then this can only mean--'

"Kobayashi-san! Quick, put your radio up to the PA mic and turn it on!"

Kobayashi nodded, then searched for the PA mic as music started to play on Val's end. Eventually, she found it lying somewhere on the desk. She picked up her walkie-talkie and held its speaker up to the mic in question.

'Well, at least the music's calming...'

June Verles June Verles (GM, Nicholas), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justice), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob)​
 

Hero of the Wilds

From Courage comes Wisdom and Power.
marc122 marc122
June Verles June Verles

Link was a little startled, more because Kobayashi had started to cry after witnessing what was happening to Alpha and everything else that what happening, he was not the best when it came to the opposite sex crying, given the last time that he had seen Zelda break down in tears after realizing what the war really cost them before his long sleep.

"Hey...things will be alright." He had started to say before things went from bad to worst when the soul sucking monsters appeared once again and frankly at that point, he wanted to curse whoever or whatever brought him here before he was snapped out of it when Kobayashi asked him about before, about being able to repel the monsters before more or less ordering him out the door.

"Yeah I'm able too but I am not letting you stay here by yourself without some form of protection." It was then he groaned, slapping himself in the forehead. "Duh! Idiot!" He lightly muttered to himself, withdrawing the master sword from the scabbard, he closed his eyes and focused a little, a small bright light filled the office for a brief second, and when the light faded, another Link was standing there, though this one was dressed from head to toe in black, a copy of the Master Sword in hand .
1609653385078.png
"Shadow, go to Entrance Plaza and ward off those robed figures, be careful of the zombies, they are like Re-deads." The newly named Shadow saluted and headed out the door after looking at the map to find his way.
 

June Verles

Depression? Never heard of her.
The Russian Santa looking wannabe would just let out a sigh as he saw the goat woman hyperventilate at the thought of her own mortality, children these days not even ready to die. He needed to snap her back to reality again and hard. Immediately Alpha could feel a slap as wide her as face impact on her left cheek.

"Wake up Cyka. You've been bit multiple times and you're not a zombie yet, it's because you're not human, you're just wounded." He would elaborate as he grabbed a handful of ammunition and blew over them, the air coming a distinct golden tinge as it animated the bullets into little people giving them hands and legs. Immediately they would start tending to her wounds with a first aid pack the man ripped off the wall.

Getting up he would close the door to the gun store and ask her again.

"Where's the rest of your trouble gang, they sent the entire mall into disarray and now the old sad goat is probably moving towards the security room."
1609701800606.png
Sleek Sleek


On the complete opposite end of the mall Shadow wouldn't have much luck in stopping the onslaught of zombies and Dementors, barely able to slow them as they slowly made it to Jacob's position.

Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7
 

Centurion_

yup im THE guy


  • Seemingly this whole mission was going no-where, everyone was in a huge amount of danger for seemingly little to no reason? What were they all even fighting for? A bed among the undead?

    None of this seemed to make any sense despite the absurd circumstances they found themselves in. What made these 'zombies' any different from the ones back at the Hotel, they might just revert to their primal instincts and snack down on the group during their sleep. Kobayashi had little to no control of the situation neither, showing that the poorly constructed plan of 'CCTV Overwatch' wasn't actually helping anyone.

    There was nothing here for them but death, even as he marveled at Val's sheer strength and technical agility truth be told she was struggling.
    And if she was struggling, what made him any different?

    The girl beside him was seemingly lost in her own world too, so engrossed in following orders from people she didn't know, believing what she was told by people who didn't want her to know. It itched the mind of the Warrior, fighting for superiors who wanted to oppress him unless he gave them the results they wanted, threatening his family, his loved ones.

    There was someone he used to know, someone he admired deep down.
    Eren Yeager.
    He didn't care for what anyone else thought, because he thought for himself, for freedom.
    "Justise..."
    "Why are we doing this..?"
    He questions them. "Does this not look like a suicide mission to you?"


 

Sleek

Show me a good time, Jack!
Alpha
Williamette Mall, Gun Store. Wounded.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha would recoil from the slap, but it did wonders to refocus her. She wasn't going to die? Alpha looked down at herself, and saw the animated bullets tending to her wounds. She was not only stable, but she had the advantage. They were safe, which meant she could grab all the weapons and ammo they'd need for a long time.

"Our group's scattered. One of us is working on securing a loading dock for an escape, a few are guarding and watching from the security room, and the rest are gathering supplies. I was here to grab as much weapons and ammo as I could to arm everyone. We're going to have to fight our way out."

She said, clicking on her walkie talkie (after rubbing some of the zombie blood off of it), and waving to a CCTV camera in the gun store.

"The gun store's safe. I found someone here who can help. He says someone's on the way to the security store though, and it didn't sound good. I'll grab what I can and make my way back."

Alpha would sum up, then hand her radio to the Santa cosplayer.

"They call me Alpha. Thanks for your help. If you can, do you think you can do that magic to the other stuff in the store? like shelves and stands and what not? Having extra hands to help that aren't liable to be munched on would help greatly."

The boss monster would say quickly, before turning and going about her task of grabbing guns and ammo, and fast. It hurt like hell, and the stitches around her face had to be reset by the animated ammo again after the slap busted them, but she would make it.

June Verles June Verles marc122 marc122 Centurion_ Centurion_ PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Haz. Haz.
 

Laix_Lake

Messing about.
Lith-draft.jpg


Lith Lander
status: Zombies and more zombies. Also, to the roof!
Condition: normal
So where was Lith during all of this nonsense? Well, between looking through the monitors in the security room, grabbing a baton and handheld radio for himself, and momentary planning out where to head to. There was hesitantly for him to just blindly follow the Vet who blabbered on about his overtly simplified survival for the fittest rant. Realy, if he had issues say them instead of making about "culling this herd". Realy, Betting if he tried it on this group, he would have a bit more to worry about besides all that culling talk. Oh yeah, there were also ghosts apparently. and...Santa ? A certain someone of his would have had something to say about this...but Lith was not that someone.

Now, Back to the current situation. Where Lith was metaphorically banging his head over a possible way to deal with an incoming horde of zombies. Caused because a certain office lady deiced to pull the fire alarm. This would be clear to Vitan that Lith would rather not be in this situation. but you know, apparently, to even have a room at a monster hotel, you had help out with a supply run in a zombie-filled mall. Realy could have been better.

"ok... Looks like some of those guys have it under control...kinda." He said to no one in particular. He would call in on the radio, but that is being used at the moment in an attempt to deal with the zombies. "Unless any of you guys got something up your sleeves..."
"The gun store's safe. I found someone here who can help. He says someone's on the way to the security store though, and it didn't sound good. I'll grab what I can and make my way back."
He clicked on his radio "Can you can ask him what to expect from this guy? I might have something on hand that could help with the zombie horde, but I need time." It would be reasonable to have Lancer go around and keep those zombies occupied in the park, except for his missing...noble phantasm. As he called it, a crimson spear that has somehow been sealed. Could be because of the fact that lancer was being sustained by a magic rock that he somehow appeared with. He still needs time to figure that out.

"Going to try and head back on the roof, need to see if I can get a few things from those stores up ahead...and maybe get to looking for that loading dock." in this case, the ones to the left of the store. He takes out his phone to take a quick picture of the map in question, he would rather not get lost at a time like this.
"If, uh, anyone wants somebody to accompany them. I'm here, I guess."
"Hoody girl, come with me. Link, keep an eye out for whatever thing is coming and with the ghosts coming. And...maybe it might help to get some kind blockcade going with random junk from the stores?" With that, Lith would start to retrace his steps to get back on top of the roof, before making his way to the next set of stores on top of the woodland plaza, with Vivan taging along. Yeah, little to no planning and we end up with a horde coming over to topple a truck. Just find a weapon for lancer to use in that small sports store, send him out to distract the zombies, and then find the loading dock at that food store.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Centurion_ Centurion_ June Verles June Verles Chungchangching Chungchangching @2Bornot2B Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 @darkred Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds marc122 marc122 Sleek Sleek @Thepotatogod
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
val_post_3.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised
Wearing: Civilian semi-formal outfit, rinsed from blood
Carrying: P-375 pistol, Mk1 dagger
Location: Willamette Mall, Entrance Plaza, Robsaka Digital

---

A quick peek out the doorway seemed to show little effect from the music on either the zombies or the impending Dementors, but at least Val felt a little bit better, even if everytime a certain higher power was mentioned a shock went up her spine. Best laid plans of mice and men. She quickly unhooked the radio from the CD player and jacked her headphones back in. "Koba-san, I'm going to try and get out from here, if you can give me a heads up to any ventilation plans that might be in the office, I'd appreciate it." Silence was the immediate response, prompting Val to recheck her connection. "Kobayashi-san? Are you there, over." Still nothing. Crap, things must be getting really bad if our coordinator's offline.

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. She hopped on top of a set of shelves and reached up to the suspended ceiling, popping open an air vent and clambering upwards into the ventilation shaft. Thankfully her darkvision was already primed from her time in the darkened music store, so upon entering the vents proper the way forward was clear. Forward, forward, forward, a turn here, a turn there, quickly she delved deep into the air system of the mall but never concerned was she. Her training and her experience had brought her through trials such as this, and she doubted not for a second that they would bring her to her destination, the Paradise Plaza. Before long, she daylight shone through a grate below her, and with a single kick, she popped open the grate, leapt down with weapons raised... and found herself in the back room of Robsaka. You can't be serious. Sadly, there was no denying it; between the similar furnishings of the walls, the piles of wrapped CDs stacked on every flat surface available, and the giant sign saying "ROBSAKA DIGITAL STAFF ONLY", she had to admit she'd totally screwed the pooch on this one. She sighed, beginning to look for if there was any other way out, lest she have to try her luck in the vent shafts again.

---

Interaction: marc122 marc122
 
Last edited:
1609713344103.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Security Room | Interactions: Shadow, Kobayashi, Everyone | Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​


This entire ordeal was starting to shape up to look like it was too much trouble for its worth, no progress was made while also almost putting himself in meaningless danger and for what? Dying here would be pointless and the shear numbers of the hordes would eventually exhaust Jacob, no, the entire group if it carried on in the fashion it looked like. Sneaking past the hordes aswell appeared to be equally pointless endeavour as evidenced by the Asian woman’s ramblings down the radio towards the other members within the group, no matter what the group did they would eventually be spotted and forced to defend themselves against what appeared to be a endless wave of the undead. He knew exactly why this mission failed, he always knew, the weak were carrying down the strong with them, the weak screw up either because the weak create the danger or because the weak get in danger, the strong are forced to help within modern brainwashed society’s standards. His thoughts stopped as the alarm loudly went off and interrupted his inner monologues and rants, the alarm giving him some breathing room as he kicked the piled up junk down the stairs, quickly heading to the top to gain some much needed distance from the undead.

He felt it again, the dead-like atmosphere, the coldness against the back of his neck, the goosebumps, he didn’t know exactly what but he knew it wasn’t a nice feeling. As he looked behind him he would see them again, the hooded ghosts, heading towards him in conjunction with the dozen zombies likely scaling the stairs after him. He didn’t have a response as the surroundings got colder and colder and the atmosphere got worse and worse the closer they got. His eyes were then drawn to his radio as a obviously distressed and saddened girl began speaking, her tone of voice further reinforcing his belief that she was weak, she later mentioned that the ghosts were from Harry Potter which left Jacob with more questions than before. As he walked back to the Security Room, he’d see some unfamiliar black figure fail to delay the advancing horde of zombies and ghosts, he would simply say “weak...” under his breathe as he marched past him. On his way to the Security Room, he pulled out his radio from his pocket, “This group is just pitiful. Most of you would not survive Mother Nature, you are nothing but weak.” he would utter down his radio in disappointment and anger to everyone before continuing his journey. When he arrived, he would open then close the door behind him before talking in the direction of the young Asian woman “The route to the parking lot is blocked and attempting to get pasted the Entrance Plaza would be pointless suicide. I ask you, could you access the Parking Lot’s cameras and tell me if the entrance is blocked off to the outside?” he pauses “The truth is, everyone here is too weak to achieve anything meaningful. I can’t do this alone as the weak amongst us carry me and everyone else down with them. The best we can do is drive the truck around to the parking lot and loot the near by stores and leave, no messing around anymore” he finishes before looking towards the computer monitor.

 
Last edited:

Haz.

Mask? I wear no mask.
79557789_p16.png
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Fatigued |
| Equipment:
Surgical Kit, Val's Blood |
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Reiner Braun ( Centurion_ Centurion_ ), Kobayashi ( marc122 marc122 ), Val'sharra Nightshroud ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ), Alpha ( Sleek Sleek ), Link Forester ( Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds ), Jacob Seed ( Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 ), Lith Lander ( Laix_Lake Laix_Lake ), Vitan ( Chungchangching Chungchangching ), ( June Verles June Verles ) |

His call of her name snapped her from a stupor. As she turned to address him, it caught her; that despondent look, those eyes with sheens of glass, an expression all-too familiar. Just yesterday she'd seen him like this, as a man with nothing to live for, and only hours later did she find him in his room splayed across a pool of his own maroon. But that was never the worst part--after all, when you've lived for so long, death becomes an unfortunately common occurrence--that would be what became of his suicide. A pointless loss made the convenient catalyst for a depraved evil, some wretched reaper entertained by the suffering of others, something so vile it should've never existed.

Of course, he remembered none of it - Justîse was back at square one, with a man devoid of self or purpose. Any sweet-talk was only a temporary solution, an inch of progress on Sisyphus' hill, and it was only a matter of time before all that guilt rolled back and crushed him irreparably. Here and now, brute force was the only solution. "Of course it does. What does it matter?" she pointedly responded, narrowing her eyes. "I'm not a soldier, Reiner. I don't follow orders, at least not out of some benign sense of 'duty'. The mission, the risks, the rewards, these things don't mean anything to me." It came in a low, matter-of-fact tone, almost presenting. The words were blunt and ruthless, but accompanied a face so dainty and aloof it'd be hard to pin her as the pragmatic type, not like a certain someone. Then--"Honestly, you humans are so... asinine."--she jabbed her finger against his chest and twisted a playful look. "You verge on cataclysm as naturally as you breathe, never really sure whether to conquer another world or do yourselves in like the universe's most erratic Conquistadors. You wonder why the gods are so fixed on smiting you yet you commit o' terrible acts of heresy bidaily as if you want to be struck down. And, worst of all, you shamble and whimper about purpose, obsessed with your own relative insignificance, too caught up with the melancholy of the cosmos to settle and enjoy yourselves."

But her voice began to trail, turning poignant. The crash of emotion seized her. Justîse's eyes assumed a shimmer, the bloodstained background and wailing sirens fading into obscurity.
"That's why I'm doing this. For you, my purpose. Not because I'm told or made to, but because I want to. For as long as I could think, I've only known a single truth: I love you. You, fragile little you, who was born of the earth, who shines brighter than the stars, who exists not to serve but to live and laugh without the weight of obligation. I love all that you love, and hate all that you hate. Your joy is my joy, and your pain is my pain." A brittle, morose smile. It wavered at the edges, but held. The words she whispered held unimaginable weight, anvils in every vowel. Justîse swept close, clutching his hand as she continued, "That's all it is. I just want you to be happy. Is that so much to ask?"

And cut. The moment wilted. Her gentle expression eroded. Kobayashi-san called out something on the intercom - whatever it was, she couldn't quite tell, because her reaction had been so sudden, so intensely visceral, that her whole body rocked like a ship upon the tides and her face contorted into a seething scowl. Only when the robes unraveled and the ritual whirred to life, the unsightly eyes along her body now bare to the air, did realization set in, to which Justîse let loose a curt cuss beneath her breath. The wraiths once sowed chaos in their midst, hellbent on reducing each and every one of them to husks strung with pain and misery, and here she was now at what was possibly their epicenter. If her suspicions were correct and their mystery demon-siccer was upon them again, then the group likely wasn't in any condition to withstand another nightmare siege. Au contraire, the good news - it's about time I saw to that wizard's autopsy.

Except something was off. As the Dementors advanced, the cold-sig dispersed, leaving behind a lukewarm pulse in the meat locker. Someone was there, and they were alive - though, if common biology stood the test of this world's reason, they wouldn't be for long. Either cooping up in a refrigerator had backfired on the magic rat, or a victim of theirs was just taking a soul-drained nap for, presumably, the nippy remainder of their life. On a ballerina's heel-axis, Justîse swung around to address her cohort, walkie-talkie up to lip. "If we come out of this alive, I'm making dinner. However, as it stands, Val is a sitting duck, goat-girl and her playdate are out of reach, and the pretty blonde boy's the only one who can repel our guests. Would anyone like to suggest an idea close in genius to me just taking a scalpel to that sorcerer's carotid?" they fussed into the receiver, sounding one swig of whiskey short of a polite French 'fuck you' to the entire zombie horde.
 
Last edited:

Centurion_

yup im THE guy

  • Reiner patiently waited for the girl to ask him why he felt that way, he was mentally prepared to point out all the inconsistencies and hopefully convince the girl that they needed to get out of this mall as soon as possible; with or without the rest of the team. To his amusement, he was met with something completely different. She placed her finger against his chest once more, much like back at the hotel and began to ramble on and on. Reiner wasn't an idiot but he wasn't the brightest tool in the box either. Justise's comprehension of the universe and deep philosophical thoughts flew straight threw past him. He didn't even understand half of the vocabulary that spewed out of Justise's mouth, like she was singing an ancient sonata.

    The one thing that seemingly did stick out to him was her confession of love.
    "I love you."
    What?
    Did they hit it off before he supposedly shot himself? He knew he wasn't the attractive type, girls never swooned over him so what exactly happened for her to say such a thing to him...?

    Her words played over and over again in his head like a broken record, until something began to stick with him. "That's all it is. I just want you to be happy. Is that so much to ask?" Years of being an infiltrator taught him how to lie, especially to those who cared for you. Her strange, disingenuous touch unmasked her malicious act.

    She wasn't telling the entire truth, that much was clear. Justise's lack of care and dismissal of his questioning of their objectives made it apparent she was only tagging along to manipulate him and some of the other more competent members of the group for their own corrupted desires. A complete misread of his psyche in an attempt to drag him along a dangerous path and toss him aside when the time was right. He wasn't going to be phased by that romance bullshit, he knew deep down who he truly loved anyways.

    "We've both been hiding things from one another, but I've never hidden my true feelings from you." He responds in his typical straight-forward and awkwardly blunt tone, "Best of luck finding what you are looking for, but I'm not a Mercenary."

    "I'm a Warrior."

    "I can't be bought with love or money, I fight for my family, my country and what I believe in."
    Reiner proclaimed.

    He turned his back on her and walked back to the Security Room. Not making himself known upon his entry he approached the occupied Jacob from behind and placed a hand on his shoulder much like he once did with Kobayashi.
    "We're both soldiers, I'm sorry for being hard on you. I know you'd understand more than anyone, but this is a suicide mission."
    "We've got to get out of here, with or without everyone else."
    Braun coldly declared.


 
VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
Vitan.PNG
This is a fucking deathwish mission. All we did was unintentionally terrorize an undead hotel. Frank wouldn't be so cruel to send us to our demise, right? Man, I should think things through now since NOBODY IN THIS TEAM WILL DO IT FOR ME! I don't like using my brain, usually letting others do that for me, but they forced my hand.

Well, I'll use it if we live through this.

The Lith guy is not having a good time right now. And honestly? Neither are we. Maybe not getting picked up by the team was a good idea. Now I don't have to suffer from fighting off a horde of zombies. Then our noble newcomer took action, wanting to scavenge whatever we were supposed to find. He called for me to help him to my dismay, but I need them alive even if they're more dysfunctional than a bunch of mental patients working together to overthrow the doctors in an asylum.

I was going to chill here, but Lith needs me. And let's just say everyone did for that daily ego boost. If I get bitten, I'm taking his ass with me. A groan came out of my lips, but I obliged anyway. I pulled out my shotgun and nodded at him as I followed.

"You, uh, can handle yourself in a fight, right?" I asked before shaking my head. "Nevermind. Let's just do our best out there, okay?"

Stupid question. If he can't: He wouldn't do this.

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake
 

marc122

chew
Kobayashi


As Kobayashi continued to listen to the song now playing over the PA, she had spaced out. In the middle of a mission going to hell. 'What even am I doing, what am I even doing, what am I...' Not even the words called out by Val, coupled witht he music suddenly cutting out beforehand, could snap her out of the trance-like stare into the screens. Only when Link spoke up again did she snap out of it, prompting her to turn to his attention. 'I can only understand why Link wouldn't want to leave me here... I mean, as obvious as it is, I still cannot protect myself. Had I been able to, things might've been different by no--wait, did Val try to--oh, she did.' While she listened, however, she picked up her walkie-talkie, set it to Val's channel, and said, "I can hear you."

"I see, but... I'm sorry to say this, but--"
Before she could finish, Kobayashi witnessed Link summon -- not a mere clone of himself like in Minish Cap -- a Shadow version of himself. "What the--" She looked at the clone, watching it run off to try to save the people in need, then back at the Legendary Hero himself. "...Have you always been able to do this?" Regardless of whether she had been answered or not, she decided to check on how everyone is doing.

So she did. Reiner and Justice were coming back to the security room, so was Jacob, and Val was likewise trying to find a way back here as well. Alpha and Santa were safe as well, but she was...not as enthusiastic about the goat boss's state. 'She'd been clawed up by zombies earlier... Surely, some of whatever infected those people and/or brought them back to life could've made it into her bloodstream, no?'

Soon after, Jacob went on a rant about how each and every person had proven themselves not only weak, but borderline disposable. '...Wait a minute, that b--' Before she would have shouted into the walkie-talkie, pressing the button and coming up with another rebuttal, something was amiss; she observed the monitors and remembered what Frank had said.

"North West here is a mall infested by feral zombies, but it still has a lot of supplies. Your group will take the truck in the garage and grab supplies for the hotel and return or else."

Not a single thing had been picked up by the group since they came here. Something had gone horribly wrong. Even as Jacob came inside and explained the situation, all she could do was to say a simple "Yes," then get to work attempting to access the cameras Jacob talked about.

And then Reiner likewise came back inside. And talked about ditching the place.

"Oi--oi." Kobayashi turned on her chair to face Reiner. "What do you think you're talking about?"

June Verles June Verles (GM, Nicholas), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justice), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob)​
 
1609871990526.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Security Room | Interactions: Reiner, Kobayashi, Everyone | Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​


Jacob walked a short distance away from the monitor and the woman as he questioned the best course of action, he knew that the group was too weak and also distrusting of him due to their stupidity and polluted minds, any moment he debated taking the truck and leaving everyone else to die on this pathetic mission. The sudden appearance of Reiner entering the Security Room took majority of Jacob's attention, his eyes watching him like a hawk as he approached him however what happened next surprised him, he carefully lifted his arm off his shoulder after he spoke and turned to face him. He put his finger the radio, pressing down the talk button in hopes that everyone would hear him as he talked to Reiner directly "We're going to do a smash and grab, no more of this playing around. We're going to park the truck somewhere safe, grab as much as possible in a short time window and leave. Anything happens? We'll leave without a second thought and anyone deciding to stay will simply be left behind." he then released his finger from the talk button to privately talk to Reiner and in earshot of everyone in the Security Room at the time "This group is weak, untrained, polluted with dead weights. The strong choose their paths, the weak obey and are hunted. We will, you and me Reiner, die for things that matter, not for some creepy hotel to use us as puppets, and we will not die without purpose". He then looked towards the woman once again and walked over to her, he placed the radio back in his pocket while he offered his assistance by pointing on the map the exact location he was referring to, he then added "In the case this place is unavailable, look for anywhere else we can access this mall with the truck without fear of the undead. We are not stupid and if no such place exists, we'll leave without any hesitation or remorse".

1609874453386.png
1609874382548.png

 
Last edited:

Sleek

Show me a good time, Jack!
Alpha
Williamette Mall, Gun Store. Wounded
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Since the Santa Clause worker didn't wanna talk to her team, Alpha would take her radio back from him. In the time it took for the group to start filing back towards the security room, Alpha had amassed a couple duffle bags worth of hunting rifles, revolvers, and shotguns, with the associated ammo needed, and a couple of gun cleaning kits. They were heavy and would slow her down, but with her newfound ally, she figured that it would be easier to get out of here.

Alpha would click on her radio. For once, she agreed with Jacob, but first, she needed out of her area.

"That plan's fine and dandy, but I'm still stuck here with Santa. I've got some guns, ammo, and a good bit of both to boot. Enough firepower to help us fight off whatever it is we have to, for now. Kobayashi, can you cover me, before you start heading out? I'm going to start trying to clear out whatever's outside the store, and I'll bring this guy if he decides to come along. He fought off five zombies by himself, so I think that makes him pretty strong."

And while Alpha didn't hold it against Kobayashi, she didn't have a whole lotta faith in the office worker's ability to call out targets. These thoughts were thrown to the back of her mind as the boss monster slung the duffle bags onto her back, however. She needed to focus.

Instead of a revolver, however, Alpha had taken a weapon and loaded it instead. A hunting shotgun, loaded with 00 buckshot, 12 gauge. A lot of kick, but Alpha figured if it didn't kill what it hit, the shot would knock the zombie back or cripple them to the point where they weren't a threat. Four shells in the tube, and one in the chamber. Taking a deep breath and remembering her training, Alpha would raise the weapon to her shoulder, bracing it against herself and firing the weapon at the closest zombie. They'd have to fight their way out, since she didn't think santa would be easily hidden.

June Verles June Verles Haz. Haz. Centurion_ Centurion_ Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Centurion_

yup im THE guy

  • Reiner simply nods in agreement to Jacob's plan, he had no objections or anything to add on to anything he said. He looks down at Kobayashi, after she begins to question him.
    "We're talking about leaving. Tell that person with the guns to get here right now, as soon as they get here we're grabbing what we can and getting out of here." Braun affirms, "This whole operation is a setup."

    "The undead sending us to an empty mall full of more undead?"
    "That enemy who created those ghosts at the hotel, happens to be here too before we even arrived?"
    "You can die here with Justise and her Demon friend if you want..."
    Reiner lowers the volume of his voice and leans in closer to Kobayashi, "Or you can come with us and choose life..." A gentle attempt to intimidate Kobayashi and subdue her into submission.

    He leans back and returns to a normal standing position, un-holstering his revolver.
    "I wouldn't recommend trying to stop us, I don't like hurting civilians." Braun informs her.

 

marc122

chew
Kobayashi

Kobayashi listened to Jacob. 'The man clearly knows what's up, and I don't blame him. The plan everyone ended up going with thus far has not worked out, and we are suffering for it. There were simply too many zombies, not to mention the presence of Dementors coming from what appears to be a...Death Eater? Dark energy residue? We don't know exactly who is that wizard, but still, there was little guarantee our Jacob-free plan would work out.' Kobayashi looked downward, scratching her chin. 'But, he still ought to shut it with the "strong and weak" rhetoric, not to mention if this group were truly as weak, they would've already been dead. On another note, I thought they were gonna ditch us...' Finally, she nodded. "I see."

It was, inevitably, no surprise that even Alpha would agree to Jacob's plan, but not before she explained the situation. Kobayashi was about to talk to her...then Reiner dropped a rather heavy statement. He went on about how it was a setup by the zombies, to send them down to their deaths at the hands of more zombies. The warrior then leaned in on her, in an attempt to intimidate her. Reiner Braun himself, a Marleyan, now 'It--...It was a setup, he says... But Alpha was at least able to grab powerful guns. Surely, then, it's...not much of a setup so much as this whole mess is our own doing? Still, we have to make the best of things. Plus, we still ought to do as the Captain says.' Kobayashi continued to face Reiner and Jacob, then raised the walkie-talkie to her mouth and pressed the button, talking to both the two and everyone else not currently inside. "I will follow the backup plan, but rest assured, I have you covered."

Kobayashi then looked at the monitors once more to check if Jacob's plan is viable, as well as to scout the enemies awaiting Alpha.

Haz. Haz. (Justice), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob)​
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top