• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
To say that the atmosphere around the party was heavy would be an understatement, the source easily being able to be tracked down to a clandestine man with a power ego. This sadness would probably attract more dementors at this point, but some of you might want that, since they needed to be directed by someone with magical abilities.

Regardless you would climb into the large 18 wheeler truck, who could easily carry what looked like a one hundred k in pounds if someone did the rough maths.

Soon enough, driving through the city you would make it to the mall, which looked relatively normal from the front.

1609005874471.png

Chungchangching Chungchangching Thepotatogod Thepotatogod PixelSymphony PixelSymphony darkred darkred marc122 marc122 Sleek Sleek Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

• latest.png
    Another ride, another mission. Although in Reiner's case, this was the first mission he was going on with this group. He had little understanding and knowledge about what everyone else in the group was capable of but it didn't phase him. There wasn't time to play catch-up with re-introductions, a fair amount was at stake here. Braun exited the truck first, he stood by the side of the door and offered a helping hand to anyone who might've needed it getting off.

"Alright everyone, simple scavenging mission!" He calls out to the team as they all begin to spread around the front of the mall. "We don't know what the enemy is capable of, don't fight unless you have to and be quick on your toes!" Reiner tells everyone, he honestly wasn't too sure of what to expect when they entered this mall but it was better to go in with a rough idea and some hope at the very least.

"Hey, rookie." Reiner approaches Lith, "You know anything about these 'zombies'?" The Captain asks him, hoping at least someone else had a little more experience with this foe than he did. He was only really trained to kill two types of enemy; Humans and Titans, this would be completely new to him and it gave him a slight sense of unease.

Haz. Haz. marc122 marc122 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss darkred darkred Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 PixelSymphony PixelSymphony 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Chungchangching Chungchangching Laix_Lake Laix_Lake & everyone else ( June Verles June Verles )

val_post_6.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Nominal
Wearing: Civilian semi-formal outfit, rinsed from blood
Carrying: P-375 pistol, Mk1 dagger

---

Val'sharra popped out of the passenger-side door of the cabin the instant the truck stopped. She had chosen to ride up front so as to ensure the group did not mysteriously get "lost" on their way to the target mall, but to say the ride was tense would be a yankee understatement, as she'd spent nearly the entire trip with her hands neatly crossed in her lap, ready at any moment to have to react to Jacob completely coming loose. Thankfully the trip was without incident, but regardless she was still quite eager to get away from the questionably deranged existence of the former soldier.

Swinging around to the back of the massive 18-wheeler, Val kept an eye out for any unfortunate wanderers drawn towards the the party's disembarking as she drew up to the Captain who seemed to be in the midst of barking orders. "When Frank said 'the truck'," she remarked dryly to Reiner, "I won't lie, I was expecting something with a cargo bed. I fear for our sake if he expects us to fill this thing... and then there's the matter of what we're filling it with." She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, working the few nerves she still had on edge from the ride over out. "Do me a favor Captain. I'm going to go take a quick peek through the front windows to see if I can make out what we're about to get ourselves into; you make sure folks don't wander off and get themselves eaten in the process. I'll be back in a jiffy."

To Lith, she tossed off a simple remark. "Welcome to the funhouse, newface. Try not to lose your head too quickly."

She quickly switched her pistol's magazine for a fresh one, before stalking off to the brick pillars just outside the front doors, taking a quick look around to see if she was followed before peeking out to gaze through the large glass panes just a few feet away at the situation inside.

---

Interaction: Centurion_ Centurion_ , Laix_Lake Laix_Lake
Mention: Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

Last edited:
VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
Vitan.PNG
Aaaaand, he didn't listen. Well, time to count the days until he's dead. Almost the entire team is against him other than the blondie. He's already on thin ice with the team. Thin ice that I can drop an anvil on if I wanted to, but knowing what he's like, he'd do that to himself. Trust me. My genre-savvy guesses are 50% right. I took Reiner's helping hand and hopped down the truck. I listened to Jacob's ass-kicker, which will forever be his greatest achievement, spit out some regular things. You know, preparing us for anything that might happen. The usual.

I am about to feel so bad for this guy. He is about to re-experience the chaos of this crew like it's new to him again. I'm going to wait for PTSD attack Number. 2, baby! HOOOO!! Oh, he doesn't know what zombies are! This is going to be a riot! Not even going to do much help. Just going to watch him suffer most of the time. And maybe kill the occasional zombie in the face if somebody tells me to shoot instead of satisfying my voyeuristic sadist fantasies. Entertain them a little.​

Val clearly knew one thing or two about sneaking around without causing a ruckus, so while the others waited in the car like good children she would manage to sneak to the pillars as she intended. Inside she would have the pleasure of seeing what she probably expected;

1609087451262.png

A mall of zombies, but they didn't look like the type to run after people, or at least most of them. Otherwise the mall seemed quite intact, so they could morre than likely follow the directions at a help desk.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Lith-draft.jpg
1609101846813.png

Lith Lander and Lancer (fetureing Haz. Haz. )
Condition: normal
It has been...guess he could say a few minutes or so of Lith waiting by the front desk. Maybe he would have been browsing on his phone hasn't it been for the circumstances he is in. It may have remained as such if it weren't for the commotion upstairs spilling out a bit into the lobby, a decent amount of people coming by on to the exit, clearly sticking out in the already odd setting of Hotel Transylvania. Within the crowds of various monsters in this establishment, are the following descriptors:
Vitan.PNG

a girl with a hoody who looks as if she saw some very disturbing stuff in her time ,
“You just don’t get a strained face like that without some kind of crazy experience.”
“Hah, whoever she is, kid’s got spirit.”
"Guessing I'll see if that's the case."

1607712407013-png.818514

One raged US army vet...with some “survival of the fittest” mindset from what he overheard.
“Yeah, might need to watch out for that guy. A Vet with that kind of mindset is eh...no good.”
“No kidding. I don’t like the look of that guy.”

2015-12-08-791169-png.818011

One pale skinned demon girl,
“She’d be cute if you were into the horns. Me, personally?- ah, I’d rather not test my luck with anything from the Land of Shadows.”
"I really rather avoid having a demon as a girlfriend, didn't keep my self away from the supernatural for no reason."

Kobayashi_5.png

one woman who looks like someone more fit for office work,
“Huh? What’s an office worker doing in a place like this?”
"Could be the same reason we ended up here as well."

e81a8d77d0bc3f4a290cd3908edfe38b.jpg

one scantily dressed kid carrying some kind of large cannon,
“Yeah...feels like something you would only see in an anime.”
“Hey, Master, you don’t think you could, uh, give her a shirt or something?”

latest.png

a blond guy who is strangely familiar to him, yet he can’t put his finger on it.
“Why does that guy seem kinda familiar? seriously.”
“Hm? You alright?”
"Fine, it just feels like I seen him somewhere before."

f9f0e975f356e4030c38190990923c34.jpg

A seemingly normal teenage girl,

1609100923507.png
A literal child wearing some german-esk uniform and an...older magazine-fed rifle?
“Betting that kid isn’t just carrying that gun for show. Better yet, how many of those guys have that military aesthetic?”
“Is that magical energy..? ...Nah, a mage that young with circuits that powerful? Can’t be.”
"A magic child soldier? now I have seen everything."

1607725669149.png

A soldier who looked to be packing some futuristic tech.

alexandra-test_s-1-1-png.819151

A goat girl who looks like someone's Undertale OC brought to life.
“Might be wrong on that, but it is impossible for me to NOT think about that comparison...and I'm guessing you have no clue what I'm talking about.”

editforhaz3-1-png.822229

Some girl...guy...whoever they are...can’t even tell.
“Lancer, do you think there's anything up with...that guy...girl, whatever they are?”
“Can’t tell, but I’m not picking up anything from it. Probably just an undead.”

1608187909474.png

Link, just full-blown link from the legend of Zelda. Most would be questioning this, but then again Lith had fought armored superheroes from some Japanese show years ago. So who is he to question this?
“From Kamen riders to the hero of time himself...this is just plain nuts.”

e8c4b00636003eb42c6eda2d6c63b334.jpg

And finally. Freaking Deathstroke.
“Is that all of those guys? Because I can’t think of how Deathstroke is walking around so...casually! Wasn’t he supposed to be some…bad guy from a tv show?”

Might also be a good time to talk about the second voice responding to most of his inquiries. Lancer. A guy in blue spandex claiming to be some Irish legendary hero, as he called himself. It wasn’t enough that he was sent to this world on some whim by the universe. Basically, he ended up with some sort of magic familiar contract thing, with him being the “Master” of Lancer, the “Servant”.

“Oi, Master, you remember what I told you? About those sigils on your hand? Those are your ‘Command Spells’, three strokes of magical energy you can use to compel me. These things don’t grow on trees - you use ‘em once, they’re gone - but if you’re ever in danger and you’re out of mana, use one of those to summon me back to you.”

Oh yeah, the red markings on his right hand. True to its name, the command spells are basically meant to force your "servant" into following an order even if it seems impossible. All thanks to the magical energy stored in them. Given the... odd arrangement of this contract, with a bloody magic rock being the thing that gave him the means to even accumulate Mana. It's a bit of a mess. Still, he only has three of those to work with. Once used, they are gone.

"I'll keep that in mind."

He was then called over outside, where he and the rest of said group were led to a 18 wheeler truck. At this point, Lith could only guess what led them having to this. The ride was spent in silence from stresses yet unknown. A chit chat would be nice, but experiences in the past told him otherwise as they head to their destination.

To say that the atmosphere around the party was heavy would be an understatement, the source easily being able to be tracked down to a clandestine man with a power ego. This sadness would probably attract more dementors at this point, but some of you might want that, since they needed to be directed by someone with magical abilities.

Regardless you would climb into the large 18 wheeler truck, who could easily carry what looked like a one hundred k in pounds if someone did the rough maths.

Soon enough, driving through the city you would make it to the mall, which looked relatively normal from the front.

1609005874471.png

So as Lith got himself out of the car, the oddly familiar blond guy asked him if he knew what zombies were. So a “mission” to savage supplies from some mall that is apparently filled with hordes of zombies? Could be many times worse than this.
"Hey, rookie." Reiner approaches Lith, "You know anything about these 'zombies'?" The Captain asks him, hoping at least someone else had a little more experience with this foe than he did.

“Well... best way to describe zombies would be decaying, reanimated, dead bodies. I can’t say if we are dealing with the kind of ones that I'm expecting, but I can say that you're better off going for the head...and uh, keep yourself from getting gashed or bitten by them..”

No, he has never set his eyes on actual zombies. He was just spewing forth stuff from good old popular media. Still, he was confident with what he was saying. I mean yes, he was absolutely not going to be affected by any zombie virus by virtue of being a nano machine construct. Can’t be too careful.

"Welcome to the funhouse, newface. Try not to lose your head too quickly."

“I don’t plan to…” He said to the demon girl who teases the newest member of this funhouse. He wasn’t all too thrilled, but he still keeps up his casual demeanor. Grabbing his Glock 26, and checking his own mag. Three clips are all he has to work with.
"Guessing we'll let her scout the place before we head on in." he said to no one in particular.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Centurion_ Centurion_ June Verles June Verles Chungchangching Chungchangching 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 darkred darkred Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds marc122 marc122 Sleek Sleek Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Last edited:
66684602_p0.png
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Healthy |
| Equipment:
Surgical Kit, Val's Blood |
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Alpha ( Sleek Sleek ), Reiner Braun ( Centurion_ Centurion_ ) |

After the some-hundredth time they nearly wedged a needle straight through the boss monster's nose, Justîse began to feel a tad bit bad. "Ahah, shame about the roadwork..." they let slip from their lips on a wince as they pulled the stitches taut, then pressed down the wound with a dab of alcohol. Though surgery at the mercy of a questionably-coherent war veteran's driving skills probably wasn't their brightest idea, for someone who didn't have a soul until hardly an hour ago their 'brightest idea' couldn't have been particularly ethical to begin with. "There, all done~. I hope that wasn't too much of a hassle." Justîse cocked an arch smile, taking a generous swig of their whiskey flask as they signaled Alpha off.

But when they circled to the Captain's side, the medic's look turned sober. They nudged his elbow softly, muttering "I'm going to need to take the edge off of this one later," before passing him the bottle. Letting their clothes drape, the bandages that swaddled them stirred to life with ancient sigils and the marble eyes along their body pried open like chiseled circuitry.

"Voyons de quoi vous êtes fait."

--and the world stripped itself before them. The glass dissolved, the halls turned to wireframe, each and every shambling body held to their stars like blips against a lamp. But not enough - not nearly enough - and the eyes spun faster like motors in the flesh, straining their nerves 'til they nearly popped, the Earth around them splayed at its seams. It burned, their sight clocked to its limits, but they clenched their teeth and bore it still, gazing farther without restraint.
"Come on, wizard, let's not play games," they hissed, turning every stone and substance inside out until their target took shape.

Luckily for the warlock zombies didn't posses much of a heat signature and they were all quite similar so it helped quite a bit with drowning them out to find specific areas of irregularity. Confusingly for the lad he found two different such spots.

One sole strangely high heat signature in what the map Val managed to retrieve of the mall and a totally opposite heat signature, or rather lack of one, it was very very cold. Peculiarly no zombie signatures could be felt in the vicinity of either, probably because they barricaded themselves in there or got some way to make the zombies stay off.

1609114526806.png

Haz. Haz.

Alpha
Outside the Williamette mall, recovering from wounds.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha would have rather not gone on this wild trip to the mall. It was apparently for supplies or something, and it was infested with 'feral' zombies. She was immediately worried since she didn't know how that would work, and even with her lack of need for ammo, she was dangerously underequipped for this task. Of course, it was hard to think about all of that.

Justice had needlework that showed lots of training and skill. Alpha was glad that none of the group let Jacob do what he wanted, though the thought that anyone in this group had the lack of morals enough to desire to do that made her stomach churn. Justice would find evidence of surgical scarring on Alpha's face under the fur, which seemed to pre-date any sort of hair growth, and a black sort of brand or stamp, which read 'A-007' upon inspection.

At the sound of Justice telling her that the damage had been repaired, Alpha nodded in thanks. It hurt like hell but it would hold. Just in time, too. They showed up at the mall, and the group would begin to disembark, with Val quickly moving to scout the area and with Justice performing some sort of spell. Of course, just when Alpha thought she had the group's dynamic mostly nailed down so she couldn't be surprised, another newcomer would look at her funny. Like he recognized her somehow.

That didn't sit right with Alpha, and she'd have to tear herself away from staring at him to go walk a little closer to a window. It looked packed, and Alpha would stand there, waiting. She still felt that familiar power within her, but she didn't know if she could reliably take out enough of these things before they all flocked to the noise.

"Unless someone has a plan, we can't go through here without getting torn to shreds. We don't know how many more there are, so whatever we need to do, we need to do it quick, quiet, or both."

She'd say, though mostly to herself, given that she wasn't a thinker or planner. She'd start looking through the windows, pacing near the truck and looking for any sort of way to circumvent the zombies, even looking for ladders along the outside for ways to access the roof.

Haz. Haz. Laix_Lake Laix_Lake PixelSymphony PixelSymphony June Verles June Verles

val_post_5.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

---

Returning from her survey, Val holstered her gun, and nodded along with the boss monster as she spoke. "Goat-girl's right; there's a royal ass-ton of zombies in there, and that was just what I saw at the front doors; no clue what's even further in. We're definitely going to have to find some kind of access hatch or something into somewhere they haven't gathered yet and make that our staging area for getting supplies out. But anyway, here, take a look at what I found." She flattened out the map atop a low wall, holding it such that the rest of the group could take a look as as she pored along the details of the map, . "Hmm... okay, yeah, I think I've got something." She tapped the lower right of the map. "Security office. It's not exactly a fortress but... it's out of the way, and it's definitely got to be better protected than any of the stores. Now what would be the best way onto the roof," she mumbled, half to the group, half to herself as she tapped a finger to her lips. A drainpipe bolted to the wall presented one possibility; a set of window ledges and streetlamps another, albeit far more involved. Either were well in the possibility of her traversal, but she was uncertain she could claim the same for the remainder of the group. This idea was going to need another few minutes in the oven, so for the moment she turned her thoughts as to what exactly they'd be doing once they got into the mall.

"So... Frank wants supplies, right, and Frank works for a hotel, right?" Val stated, trying to demonstrate how her line of reasoning would be playing out here. "Well, hotels need basically the same things as any other residence just... lots more of it. And also some crazy expensive goods if they're one of those hotels; you know, with the botique stores, and the fancy restaurants, and you get the idea. Not gonna lie, that wasn't exactly the vibe I got off Hotel Transylvania but even if it is, it's not like that's the FIRST thing they're going to need. We can come back if we absolutely have to. But," she said, prodding at spots as she named them, "hardware, clothing, electronics, maybe some sports stuff if they've got a gym, maybe some books for their library, and absolutely, 100% no doubt, food..." Her finger jammed down upon Seon's Food & Stuff, at which point she she winced as she realized exactly its position. "... which of course is about as far from where we're parked as possible. I wish I could be surprised, but at this point, that's just convincing me further that's the most of what we need."

"Anyway, they need all this stuff and from the looks of this map, there's plenty of stores that seemed to be geared straight towards that, so if nothing else, we've got plenty of targets. First things first though, we need to get into that security office; I can probably make it up that drainpipe onto the roof and see if there's some other way to get you guys up. Anybody want to come with me and watch my back?"

---

Interaction: Entire group

66684602_p0.png
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Fatigued |
| Equipment:
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Val'sharra Nightshroud ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ), Reiner Braun ( Centurion_ Centurion_ ) |

When they said it burned, they meant it. For a while, Justîse only knew 'pain' as something trivial, just an unfortunate necessity (or consequence, depending on who you asked) of the body's survival instincts. When a knife gouged their gut, they winced, rasped, stumbled, but never tasted the copper-tang of blood that nearly made them retch their insides out. Even as their flesh was gaped, carved out and made to drain, the threat never truly registered. It felt ephemeral, like a sensation that wasn't quite here or there. An obligation of their hollow mortality, as far as they were concerned.

Now? Having a soul seemed like a bitch and a half. Their nerves flared and swelled like they'd come into their own. The smell of intangible burnflesh eroded their senses. The mind-numbing throb of their searing eyes felt enough to kill a man twice over. They nearly crumpled, pulling the swathes tight on, and the assault subsided for the moment - but their body still wept in steam, skin faintly bruised around the eyes, and the pulsing of their stars showed no sign of ceasing. For now, all they could do was grin and bear it, as unappealing as that prospect was.

After a moment of aimless panting, Justîse yanked themselves afoot by Reiner's sleeve and called out to Val with a halfhearted croak: "H-Hang on, I saw something. Two irregular heat signatures. I couldn't make out their shapes, but they weren't any larger than people. One, extremely cold, in... F102, I believe it was. That would be the meatball joint," they said, jabbing at the map from over her shoulder, "so I'd wager whatever it is is probably in the freezer. There's another, hot, around... erm, P110, the Toybox."
Justîse propped themselves against the 'mortar, massaging their sore spots. "... That being said, if we can help it, I think we should just make a beeline for the supplies. Forget the distractions. I should be nimble enough to climb the pipe so, if no one has any objections, I'll come with."

Last edited:
Val was having a difficult time climbing up the pipe to the roof top unfortunately for whatever reason it was quite slippery, maybe from precipitation. So one could easily do so mental maths to figure out the fact that if a trained demon assassin was having it rough, a French socialite with a penchant for giving up their eternal soul might not do as well.

No one could have foreseen as Val barely made it to the middle of pipe, to hear a thudding sound below her. Justîse had climbed about 2 feet up the pipe before falling back down on their ass, should've read more Icarus I suppose.

Unfortunately that wasn't their biggest problem, as this little debacle made enough noise to attract a group of about 20 zombies to come check out the noise, like the predictable AI mobs they were.

Haz. Haz. PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Sleek Sleek Centurion_ Centurion_ Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Chungchangching Chungchangching Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B marc122 marc122

val_post_3.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

---

"Meatball joint and Toybox... okay, sounds good, let's do this." Val turned to approach the drainpipe and began scaling it up the two stories to the rooftop, making it roughly halfway up before a sudden thud made her break focus to look towards the sound, spotting Justise flat on the ground after their failed attempt to do similar. "Oi, Justise, you okaaaaah shiiiiiii-!" The momentary distraction had made her plant her foot right atop a slick patch of pipe, and her boot heels slipped like skates across a frozen pond, only in this case the only spins she was a half-gainer backwards as she completely lost grip on the downspout, tumbling down to ironically land directly on the very person she was attempting to determine the status of. "Hrngh..." she moaned momentarily, the wind completely knocked out of her from the fall. Even embarrassment at her spectacular failure couldn't motivate her to move from the moderately compromising position she and the witch had ended up in, though she had little doubt the longer she remained, the more she would hear about it from the others. "Sorry Justise," she struggled to get out, the words coming out in a strained voice, "guess there's a reason I never took the hippocratic oath." A few additional breaths later, she added, "And yes, before you ask, that IS my gun, and at the moment the only person I'd be happy to see would be a chiropractor."

The demoness slowly lifted herself off of the dark haired medic, clasping at her back as she remained partially bent over in soreness from the vertical collision. "Well... the ow pipe's still there, so ow I guess we could try again?" A flicker of slow motion in the corner of her eye caught her attention, and her pain quickly redoubled itself mentally as she realized their little attempt at hardcore parkour had drawn the attention of a fair number of zombies, who were now clambering towards the front entrance, though they were still behind closed glass doors. Then again, how often does a mall lock their doors? She cleared her throat in a bid to draw the groups attention, extending an arm towards the front of the mall. "My lords and ladies, I believe we've got a slight problem. Well... more like we have twenty problems, and they're all hungry for our flesh. We might want to ow, by the Creator Justise you need to eat more skedaddle for a bit and see see they forget about us." With that she turned towards the parking lot, looking for any convienient hills to break line of sight long enough for them to get them to lose interest in their backsides.

---

Interaction: Haz. Haz. , everybody

Last edited:
1609121189438.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Outside Mall| Interactions: Alpha, Entire Group| Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​

It took long enough but he eventually navigated the city’s streets towards the mall however unluckily for Jacob his ankle had no time to rest as it rested above the clutch and brake at all times, having to constantly press down his foot throughout the journey to either break or change gear. The moment he arrived and parked outside the mall was a sign of relief, he could rest his ankle for a couple of minutes as everyone got ready and barked their ridiculous sounding plans at one another. His ankle wasn’t the only thing which crossed his mind as he drove, he thought about his promise to himself and how “zombies” existing was merely a physical manifestation of sloth and gluttony which were summoned by God as his dear brother Joseph would preach however he never expected it to manifest as a literal fictional horde of undead monsters but nor did he once believe his brother talked to God until he arrived here and came to the conclusion it was the Father’s doing, the Father’s task for Jacob to complete and save everyone as his second chance at redemption.

After short while of the group’s faffing around and the loud noise of two females falling atop each other, he felt comfortable on his leg to walk after resting and allowing it to stay still for a reasonable amount of time. He turned the engine off by turning the key and removing it, closing the door behind him as he stepped out and locked the driver’s seat door and placed the key within his right jean pocket. His face was back to his usual stern and serious look the group was most likely familiar with compared to the enraged and later defeated animal the group would have witnessed on the stairs earlier, his eyes and mind now focussed on single goal instead of being taken over by emotional outrage. His walk was normal however the occasional but semi-rare limp could be seen by anyone observant when some shots of pain was too much for even Jacob to handle, he continued to walk and bare the pain as a method to strengthen it, taking the phase ‘no pain, no gain’ to the logical extreme.

He manages to walk over towards the group, walking behind Alpha on his way towards the entrance doors, mockingly whispering “boo” in her direction which was followed by a short chuckle as he teased her. Once he was finished, he headed towards and approached the innocent looking mall’s entrance until he took a better look inside to find 20 zombies gnaw and starching at the glass, after seeing this and walking away he looked towards the group and exclaimed loudly “I see many of you have guns... forget them. The noise of that pipe stunt over there already drew twenty towards us, a gun will just draw more. Use a knife or sharp object and aim for the head”. Jacob might have sounded confidence but in reality he was just recalling Dawn of the Dead and other zombie movies he’s seen as reference.

79558035_p26.jpg
Justîse Deshaies| Status: Fatigued |
| Equipment:
| Rituals:
Sehen |
| Souls:
0.3 |
| Interacting:
Val'sharra Nightshroud ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ), Jacob Seed ( Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 ) |

Maaaaybe they gave themselves too much credit. To absolutely no one's surprise, skill in dance didn't transfer to gutter-hiking - one lousy fluke of footwork and their grip came loose, the resultant yelp almost adorable... if it didn't accompany Justîse's graceless drop. Their whole body struck the sidewalk with one fell thud, and for a moment they lay there, sore all over and emotionally defeated. "Ahah, s-sorry, my body doesn't seem to be cooperating at the moment," they groaned, shooting Val a lazy thumbs-up from their concrete bedrest. On the bright side? At least the view was nice. They choked a small giggle.

Then, a shadow on the sun. Derailed by the medic's little stunt, the demoness took her eyes off the wall and down, where the pavement to her suddenly seemed a lot closer, and she to Justîse a lot more-- "merde." --ballistic. Light as she was, they were frailer, and the impact nearly convinced them they'd astral-projected into some crueler parody of the universe. Nevertheless, they forced a pained twinkle like a man about to die. "Well," they made through grit teeth, humoring her comment, "now I have a reason to get that medical license. That said, as much as I'd love to entertain this position, I'm not daring enough to try it on the sidewalk."
Dry flirting aside, low shuffling threw their gaze back to the glass doors. As if the universe hadn't had enough of tormenting them with minor inconveniences, the idle masses had now set their sights on the clumsy interlopers and moved into a horde's shamble, gnawing hungrily at the air. "oh, lovely, they heard us."

Quick on their feet with a stretch and a crack, Justîse assessed the situation. Their cryptic, still quite punchable driver was at least wise to dissuade the others from sounding off any shots, but less wise to suggest using short-ranged weapons as if that would do anything to slow the advance of the dozen corpses flanking. Then, their eyes flicked to the convoy, and they darted to Jacob's side. Tapping him along the arm, they thumbed to the vehicle bluntly. "Park the truck in front, we'll use the trailer to block off the entrance and climb onto the roof." There was still the matter of scaling the overhangs, but the momentary defense it would provide against the swarm seemed substantial enough.

Last edited:
VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
Vitan.PNG
I put a hand on my chest, mouthing an inaudible "Oh?" Upon seeing the predicament Justise and Val got themselves into. I had a slightly surprised look on my face. I shook my head and smiled to myself until the shitstorm slapped me out of my amusement. The sight of rotting corpses trampling over each other. Being a smart, reasonable person, I gave them distance. So much distance that I wasn't even near the crew anymore. Also had the shotgun ready and instinctually pumping it. Took me about 5-10 seconds to realize what I did and was disappointed at my stupidity.

I thought somebody was going to act the badass and go in front of the glass door to have a fucking stare-off with creatures that don't even feel fear, or any other emotion probably. I am so glad none of them went and did it for the sake of attention. I literally cannot find a reason why people would do that other than to beg for attention other than being stupid. Being stupid, hiding the fact they're asking for attention. Practically inseparable. We all know going full hysterical is more honest and effective. Trust me, it is a grand strategy I've been using for a long time.​

1609287784978.png
Jacob Seed
Location: Outside Mall| Interactions: Justîse| Status: Cut and Heavily Bruised, Hurt Ankle. | Equipment: Pistol, Knife​

Jacob turned around stubbornly as a response to the odd-looking woman's attempt to get his attention by tapping his arm, looking her in the eyes as he calmly asked "Yes?". He didn't expect much from her, after all she did put the group in danger by performing her little 'pipe stunt' which was loud enough for a horde to notice and slowly shuffle over to the entrance and any minute break the glass, from first impressions he was not fond of her and he made sure to put her and that demon girl on his mental list of those within this group that needs culling when the time is due. What followed next surprised Jacob, "Park the truck in front, we'll use the trailer to block off the entrance and climb onto the roof." she blurted out was a interesting idea which he didn't fully consider and so he replied to her as he walked towards the truck "I like that Frenchie, a plan worth trying. Somebody worth listening to as everyone else's mind wonders and becomes more and more polluted".

He took the keys from his pocket, unlocked the driver's seat door, jumped inside and turned the engine on. The truck was parked parallel to the pavement and so it took him a short but little while to navigate and turn the massive truck, making sure to steer past the obstacles cluttering the path which also included the members of the group that were scattered in the way. Eventually He drove and positioned the truck in front of the mall's entrance door, luckily none of the undead got past in the that time and were now blocked off from getting outside.

Lith-draft.jpg

Lith Lander
Condition: normal
So, given what ms demon girl has said. The Mall is filled to the brim with zombies...the somewhat mindless kind probably. Still, unless any of those guys have a way to deal with the mob of zombies at the front door, it would be better to go with an alternative route. This might imply something like an emergency exit, a fire entering, the back areas of the mall. But a drainpipe? Does she know how weak those things are for climbing? Well let's be relay, he could have been proven wrong. She was able to sneak by and grab a map without being spotted so maybe...
"Oi, Justise, you okaaaaah shiiiiiii-!" The momentary distraction had made her plant her foot right atop a slick patch of pipe, and her boot heels slipped like skates across a frozen pond, only in this case the only spins she was a half-gainer backwards as she completely lost grip on the downspout, tumbling down to ironically land directly on the very person she was attempting to determine the status of. "Hrngh..." she moaned momentarily, the wind completely knocked out of her from the fall.
Ok. Maybe not. The drain pipe held up, but Mr/miss ambiguous and the demon girl ended up slipping from their ascent, only to fall on top of each other like it was some kind of joke. And that small stunt has somehow started to attract zombies...from the entrance? Again, he never seen real zombies, but two people falling on each other doesn't sound like the kind of thing a dozen or so zombies would be attracted to. From inside the mall even...or maybe there were a few outside or something.

“I see many of you have guns... forget them. The noise of that pipe stunt over there already drew twenty towards us, a gun will just draw more. Use a knife or sharp object and aim for the head”.

"Yeah, I don't see anyone of us going for a horde of zombies with a knife." He said. Mr/miss ambiguous's idea of blocking off the main entrance with the trailer moving back a bit to let the somewhat crazed vet do his thing. For now it, it should work...as long as that horde doesn't get into a frenzy or something.

Somebody worth listening to as everyone else's mind wonders and becomes more and more polluted".

That comment would not go unnoticed, as after Jacob has presumably got off. Lith decided to contribute with his own ideas.
"So you want ideas? How about this? It will be good if we try to find a loading dock since you guys were given a full-blown 18 wheeler truck for a hotel's worth of stuff, and as the demon girl has said, seon's Food & Stuff is our best bet on that end. But if we are going to stop by that security office, might be worth looking at that elevator to the side" pointing towards the bright yellow square by the entrance plaza. "There is also that...gym, I'm guessing, over to the left of the entrance if we need to grab anything from the ground floor. And if we manage to not get caught by a zombie horde, we might need to have something on hand to divert the zombies out to leisure park so that we can stop by Food & Stuff without dealing with zombies..." It was not perfect, but it's all that he could really get from this.

Vitan would also find Lith looking over in the distance, waving at them to come back, before turning back to the group for their response to his few ideas.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Centurion_ Centurion_ June Verles June Verles Chungchangching Chungchangching 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 darkred darkred Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds marc122 marc122 Sleek Sleek Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Kobayashi

As Kobayashi did all she could to help Alpha, she had...quite a few things to wonder.

'The fascination certain people have with others. What gets them interested in those people? Maybe it's the power he, or she holds that piques that interest towards them, like the fact that Genos is willing to learn from Saitama, who can end entire fights with just one punch. Maybe it's how they overall are that gets us interested in others, like me with Makoto.

...Me with Makoto...'

While Kobayashi increasingly felt disoriented from her sudden thoughts about her past life, Val's request had reached out to her just in time.

"Hai. (Yes.)"

Kobayashi nodded, then crouched and wrapped Alpha's arm around her. As soon as the green was lit, she lifted Alpha with Val. The horned girl's description of the events were accurate, and so she found no other

"I'm Kobayashi. Glad to meet you, Alpha."

Kobayashi smiled towards the goat-girl.

Just like a good girl, Kobayashi sat somewhere in the 18-wheeler's cab, sitting on the bed while Justise operated on Alpha. She patiently awaited the group's destination, but while she did so, she did have some...concerns to say the least.

'Considering how we stand with him, it would not all be that surprising if he were to crash that thing into a nearby wall and make a run for it. But he's possibly not the one to actually go ahead and do so, no? Well, it's difficult to say. I mean, he most likely knows where we stand with him, which is...not at all on favorable terms. He also is certainly smart enough that doing something like beating up that goat girl would get him jettisoned out of the group, and left to fend for himself.

R--Right?

Kobayashi could not even be bothered to try to get to know Lith. Surely, there were better things to worry about.

'On the other hand, I should be focusing on something else. Mainly...why Stella's showing too much--'

As she looked around, however, she noticed that Stella's jacket had been zipped...

And let out a sigh of relief.

At first glance, a normal-looking mall was all it took for her to assume they had come to the wrong place. Nothing particularly stuck out about the mall, with the cars at the parking lot, the relative lack of bloodstains, and the...unusual amount of "people" indoors. But she observed further; sure, these "people" resembled humans, even if only barely, but the unmistakable "reanimated" mannerisms were something she had observed back at that hotel.

In other words, they may have come to the right place after all.

Kobayashi stuck with Alpha for the time being, and though she tried her best not to show her fear, there was no denying that she was still feeling a little uneasy. At least, though, the zombies were not as feral as she thought. If anything, they were more of the awkwardly stumbling kind, as far as she could tell.

For now.

"Indeed. Although the zombies were not as...dangerous as I had estimated, we will still have to watch where we step, in the case of an emergency."

Just then, Val debriefed everyone on the mall and where to go to gather its supplies.

"Unfortunately, I do not think I can go up that drainpipe. I am not used to doing that sort of activity, but I will look into however else I can help out."

And so, Kobayashi watched on. Val and Justise, who were trying to climb inside the the pipe, fell back to the floor, attracting tens of zombies to their vicinity. Luckily, Jacob, as much as she hated his guts, proved to be a genuine help to them for once, preventing any of them from emerging.

"Alpha. Can you please cover me while I look for a gun?"

Certainly, there appeared to be quite a few cars parked at the lot where they were. So Kobayashi began looking around for something she could use to protect herself.

June Verles June Verles (GM), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justice), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jacob), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith)​

Last edited:
Alpha
Outside of the Williamette Mall. Wounded.
alexandra-test_s-1-1.png
Alpha would watch as two of their party attempted to climb a slippery-looking and frail-looking pipe of sorts, and watched as each failed miserably. She sighed, since she didn't see any ways up at the moment, and then proceeded to cross her arms over her blood-stained shirt. This was a mess, and it wasn't looking any better.

"Boo."

At this, Alpha would let her weapon come into being, and flinch when Jacob came near, surprised and suddenly frightened by his sudden antagonizing. She was about to say, or do, something when she heard the movement of a few zombies, twenty or so, give or take.

Her first instinct was to raise her weapon, and fire at the horde. Unfortunately, according to her earlier assailant, that would only draw them in. That made sense. Frank had said "feral", which meant animal-like behavior. She'd lower the weapon, but keep it ready just in case, as a last resort.

"Alpha. Can you please cover me while I look for a gun?"

Alpha would look to Kobayashi and then sigh in dejected resignation after seeing the office worker's first instinct was to find a gun...by looking in random cars. There didn't seem to be any use in saying no, as they might be able to draw some zombies off and make them more vulnerable.

"Fine. But be quick. Look for police cars if there are any, or for anything like hardware or something similar. We don't have a lot of time and I can't fire without making it worse."

The boss monster would reply, moving to the woman as Jacob moved the truck as a sort of makeshift barricade at the entrance, at Justice's behest.

Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Haz. Haz. PixelSymphony PixelSymphony marc122 marc122 June Verles June Verles

val_post_1.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised

---

By the Creator, he actually did something helpful. I'm starting to regain my faith already. As the truck came to a halt, Val moved quickly to scale the rear ladder to the roof of the trailer, remaining low on its flat top in case any sudden gusts of wind got any bright ideas. "Okay! I think we can make it onto the roof from this! Anybody who's heading to the security room, follow me!" She took a quick peek over the edge of the truck to gauge her distance, then backed up to take a mighty running leap across, landing on the rooftop in a roll. Nothing in sight, she noted, eyes rapidly scanning across the barren concrete and steel superstructure. Thank goodness. In a few quick steps she positioned herself by a prominent rooftop access door; if her memory of the map was correct, this was right atop the security room and likely represented their best bet inwards. With a slow pull of the door she peered through the crack inwards, into the short landing and down the stairwell, anxious dread already building.

Last edited:
Smashing through the car windows in the parking lot wouldn't be much use to the young Kobayashi, finding nothing much past old coffee cups and magazines with contents we shall not discuss to maintain our PG 16 rating. However as luck might have it she did manage to find a Glock 19 with a full cartridge. marc122 marc122

The rest of the party would find it quite easy with Val's help to scale the truck that was block the door, get to the roof, pass the door and into the luckily clear security room. It was of a decent sized, armed with multiple lockers for it's ex personnel, filled with uniforms and batons.

And more interesting to the party, a surveillance room that corresponded to 90% of the mall, where they could observe that it was indeed full with roaming zombies, though a major group gathered to the front of the plaza trying to push through the truck.

Sleek Sleek PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Haz. Haz. Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Centurion_ Centurion_ Chungchangching Chungchangching

val_post_6.png~Val'sharra Nightshroud~

Condition: Bruised

---

The demoness descended down the metal stairs, her lips bit in apprehension as every delicate footfall on the stairs echoed with a muffled clank through the cement lined room. Please be empty please be empty... To her delight, her silent prayers were fulfilled as she cleared the last few steps, and remained unaccosted. Resuming her normal habit of respiration, she moved throughout the room, inspecting the facilities now at her disposal. "Yes... yes, okay good, we might be in business." As the others followed a few moments later, they would find her staring at surveillance monitors, occasionally glancing down to the map to orient herself. Suddenly, she called out for them to gather in the surveillance room, biding the last one in to make sure they'd closed all doors behind them; the last thing they needed was for a lone wanderer to surprise them in their carelessness.

"Okay guys, so just as I thought, this place will probably be our best bet to act as a safe room while we deal with retrieving supplies. Also, some good news: it looks like the density of zombies in the mall is low enough to at least allow for movement through the hallways, albeit not freely. You will have to get somewhat creative if you wish to completely avoid conflict in certain areas." She looked among the members of the group, mulling over her next words. "Now some... less good news: if we want to get out of here as fast as possible, I think we're going to have to split up. There's too much ground for one group to cover in any reasonable amount of time, especially given the weird pings Justise is getting."

"My suggestion would be to have us divide and conquer." She plunked both of her index fingers down upon on the map, subsequently tracing out two separate paths as she revealed her hastily drawn up plan. "One team searches throuhg the entrance plaza, goes up through the paradise plaza, and then swings out into the leisure park and scouts it out. The other team beelines to the Al Fresca Plaza, then clears that out along with the Food Court and the Wonderland Plaza. After that, we rezendevous up in the North Plaza; it looks like a lot of most noteworthy stores are up there: Huntin' Shack, Rippers Blades, Crispin's Home Saloon, and our primary target, Seon's Food & Stuff, so I think we're gonna want full power at that point," she said, tapping the North Plaza with both fingers.

She drew away from the map, looking over to the purple haired witch as she composed her next remarks. "Now then, as I said Justise got some weird readings easrlier using their crazy eyeball seeing things: something cold in F102, That's a Spicy Meatball, and something hot in P110, Ye Olde Toybox. I suspect we're gonna want to find out what these are; they might be useful if they're things that stick out that drastically. Keep an eye on these two places as you sweep through them." A heavy sigh escaped her lips. "That's about all the ideas I was able to come up with in the twelve seconds of planning allotted. I haven't exactly figured out how we're going to carry all of this around; we might want to look around here for satchels before we head out."

"Speaking of searching around here..." Val moved out into the hallways and made her way over to the lockers, popping one open and grabbing a rubberized yellow device out of it. "There's walkie-talkies in these lockers; make sure you grab one, and if you know of anybody who isn't here, get one for them too; we're gonna need to coordinate this if we want to make it through. Oh and one more thing; somebody should probably stay here and keep an eye on the monitors, if not to give us a heads up in areas we're progressing to, then to keep an eye on the truck. I don't think zombies are going to be moving an 18-wheeler any time soon, but now would be perhaps the literal worst time to be proven wrong."

---

Interacting: Everybody

Kobayashi

Judging from Alpha's initial dejection towards the office-worker's proposal, Kobayashi knew it was not an easy decision to make; never once in her life had she considered stealing from a car a sane thing to do. Now that her life was on the line, being in a risky mission to gather supplies for the motel, not to mention she had been knocked out by a Powder Ganger due to a lack of self-protection...she had to go through with it anyway.

But why? As Kobayashi scoured the parking lot for a weapon, she was lost in thought.

'I mean, there are plenty of people who can protect themselves, as well as each other, me included, but I don't know if they're comfortable carrying someone who just...can't really do much other than to talk. I mean, I'm a programmer. I'm collaborative with the people back home, but...that was for solving common, everyday problems. Not, I don't know, grabbing supplies from a zombie-infested area.

Still. I know I'm one to be careful, and Tohru and Kanna, at first, were not particularly in line with what I consider human standards, but...'

Finally, a slightly disturbed Kobayashi arrived at a car with a gun inside its interior.

'I'm about to vandalize this car. Besides, whose car is this? And whose gun is this?'

Kobayashi looked at the mall.

'We don't know.'

The woman turned back towards the car.

'Besides, for all we know, their owner could've been long-gone at this point. And even if they weren't, they left those things lying around for someone else to grab. Either way...'

Kobayashi lightly planted her elbow on the side window.

'Tohru, Kanna, mom...'

She lifted her elbow away from the window horizontally with her other hand.

'Forgive me.'

. . .

It hurt.

Kobayashi now had a fully-loaded Glock 19 in her hands, but at what cost? She had committed her first act of vandalism, as a girl who respected her home's law, all the way up to her death. Not to mention her left elbow was bruised from being used as a battering ram. Now with a weapon that she never learned to use, she appeared lost.

That said, if she was going to use a weapon she stole from someone who may not even be alive, she may as well at least learn.

One thing she knew for sure: Always assume the gun is loaded.

For now, however, getting to another spot was the bigger worry. It was thanks to the efforts of Justise and Jacob that there was now an easier way of getting to the roof. At least she won't have to risk her body just to get on top.

After she climbed up the latter to the roof of the trailer, and as she went to the rooftop, she was still wondering about her newly-taken Glock 19.

"Now I need to know..."

She looked down at the gun.

"How do I use it, beyond shooting with it?"

. . .

After some time, Kobayashi found herself in the security room, and took the time to look around it. It was a concrete room, decorated with lockers and benches for personel to use back in the days of its operation. Some of the lockers were already opened, exposing the now-unattended uniforms and security batons, alongside walkie-talkies.

There appeared to be nobody inside.

Kobayashi then walked into the surveilance room, being among one of the last to go inside. In there, she listened to what Val had to say. She agreed with what she said; the amount of zombies was low enough to allow for some maneuvering through the wide, expansive hallways. Considering the sheer size of said mall, however, it was inevitable that a divide-and-conquer would have to suffice, for a relatively small group.

Val then provided two choices: Leisure Park, Al Fresca Plaza, or the monitors.

'I don't know how to fight. Sure, I was in PE throughout my school years, but about half the group can hold their own. I, on the other hand, can't. So that rules out Al Fresca Plaza, especially if it means clearing the area of zombies, which...h--honestly, I might not even want to do.

So, scouting Leisure Park, or overseeing the monitors...'

Kobayashi looked at the monitors.

'Since my ability to collaborate with the others is the strongest out of everything else in my skillset, I may as well watch the CCTVs.'

Kobayashi turned her attention back to the group.

"I'll watch the footage. The leaders of the two groups will share walkie-talkies between them and me, so I can relay information to them. Anything that shows up, I will let you know as soon as possible."

June Verles June Verles (GM), PixelSymphony PixelSymphony (Val), Haz. Haz. (Justise), Sleek Sleek (Alpha), Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 (Jason), Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Lith), Centurion_ Centurion_ (Reiner), Chungchangching Chungchangching (Vitan), Hero of the Wilds Hero of the Wilds (Link), darkred darkred (Lucas), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)​

Last edited:
marc122 marc122

Link rubbed his face lightly, something that he has been doing an awful lot since he had been swept up into this wild group, first with the trouble at the hotel and now more or less tagging along to a zombie-infested mall as the group made their way the security room. He was then pulled out of his wandering thoughts when Kobayashi made the stance that she will stay behind to watch the monitors.

'Curse my saving people thing.' He thought to himself, turning to face everyone since he had been poking around the lockers out of curiosity.

"I'll stay behind as well." He said, his gaze looking over everyone before landing on the trembling red-head and offered a bit of a smile in hopes to calm the older woman since he had seen how much she was struggling ever since she had broken into the car in the garage to get a gun she most likely didn't know how to use.

"You know? As a backup in case, some of the brainless down there somehow make their way up here and so that she's not by herself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back