• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MENACE

What are you looking at?

"HERE I AM."

INTRODUCTION

Allow me introduce myself, I am Menace, and I am what they call a veteran roleplayer and a Marvel enthusiast. So what is this thread all about? As the title states, I am looking to do a roleplay based on the animated film "Into the Spiderverse" which came out a year ago in 2018, only I would love if we could create our own alternate universe. I am looking for a long-term, literate and devoted writing partner.

Premise: Basically [insert name] ends up in [insert name]'s dimension. As the story progress, with out characters having come to befriend one another, they find themselves under attack by Morlun and his family. (For more info click here) Simply put, Morlun is a powerful being who is out to kill every alternative version of Spider-Man, and our characters are next on the list.

Who will I be playing? See my profile image? That would be Finn, and he is my version of Spider-Man. He got his own personality, his own backstory and his own set of skills that puts him apart from the rest. While he resembles Spider-Man in many ways, Finn is his own creation. Basically, he is a fan character created by me.

What do I want? Well, it depends. I would love to play the role of an older, more experienced and skilled mentor figure. Either that, or a classic love story would be fun.

Who will you be playing?: Male or female, I don't care. Whether you want to use an already existing character like say, Peter Parker or Gwen Stacy, or an original character is entirely up to you! All I ask is for your character to be at least 18 years if romance is involved (otherwise, I'd be fine writing with characters 16 years and up, but only if romance isn't present)

That would be all. I probably forgot something, but oh well. And please read through the rest of information provided in my thread before messaging me.

THE ONE THEY CALL MENACE

0. Writing style: I write in 3rd person, I consider myself somewhere between lit/advanced lit and I tend to write multiple paragraphs when really inspired. I rarely, if ever, fall below 2 paragraphs.

1. English is not my native language: Mistakes are going to be made, and my sentences might not flow as naturally (or be as colourful or poetic) as I would like them to sometimes, but I do my best with what II have.

2. I am selective about who I chose to write with: You know the feeling when you get talking with someone and feel an instant connection? It's the same with roleplaying. At least to me it is. I can usually tell whether we are going to get along or not from the get-go. As with everything, it all comes down to chemistry (writing style also plays a big part)

3 If you want daily replies I am not the right partner for you: On average, I reply once to twice a week, maybe a bit more if I have a lot of free time. It also depends on the length of my reply, how many roleplays I am involved with or how inspired I am. I am generally a slow typer, always have been, and there is nothing to be done about it.

4. I like discussing ideas: Being able to discuss ideas with my partner(s) is very important to me. Throw ideas out there, throw them everywhere, if one of them accidentally hits me in the eye that's okay! Show me that you are interested in the roleplay. Seriously, there is nothing more irritating than writing down a bunch of ideas only to have the person you are talking with respond 'I'm fine with whatever.' Don't. Do. That! It is really demotivating. I need someone I can toss ideas back and forth with who isn't afraid to express their thoughts, concerns and expectations about the roleplay. We're in this together.

5. I am comfortable with both m/f and m/m pairings: All I ask, mainly when it comes down to m//m pairings, is that you refrain from uke and seme stereotypes.

6. Romance? Platonic:? Yes, please: I am open for both. One thing, when it comes to romance, don't force it. Allow our characters to get to know each other. I like taking my sweet time, if that's not your cup of tea, well..

7. I strictly play male leads: No particular reason why, it's just what I prefer. That said, I have no qualms about writing female side characters.

8. I don't double: Never have and never will. What I will do, and I except anyone who wish to roleplay with me to do the same, is write multiple characters if/when it is required.

9. I roleplay over private messages only: I am a private person, and the thought of just about anyone being able to read my posts makes makes me incredibly anxious, haha. I might be persuaded to roleplay over google docs, but that is about it. And to anyone who might wonder, yes, I do have discord. However, I don't like using it for roleplaying. Like I said, I am a very private person and I only give it out to people I've been writing with over a longer period.

10. I love drama: I love angst. I love conflict. I love tension. I love controversy. I love darker themes, I love character flaws... Gimme.

REQUIREMENTS

0. You must be this old to play: I am only looking to write with those 21 years or older. Sorry, but that's just how it is. As someone who is in their late 20's I feel more comfortable writing with people closer to my own age.

1. Birds of a feather flock together: I am less likely to roleplay with someone if our writing style is not compatible. I am one of those people who looks at your recent posts to see whether we would make a good match. I might also ask for a writing sample before I decide (feel free to do the same)

2. Be literate: I am not a grammar Nazi, nor am I an English major, but if I have to spend the first thirty minutes trying to make sense of your reply we have a problem. Correct capitalization, punctuation and grammar is a must. Also, chatspeak is an absolute no-go, so you know... don't.

3. Be patient with me: I work full time meaning I won't always have the time, motivation or energy to reply for a few days up to a week. I am also a really slow typer, so if you want multiple replies a week, I am not the partner for you like mentioned earlier.

4. Do not bug me for replies: As stated above, I have a life to live and bills to pay, and it has first priority over any hobby I might enjoy with roleplaying being one of them. The more you nag me, the less likely I am to respond. As a general rule, if I haven't replied for over a week, feel free to message me. While I do my best to give my partners a heads up if I won't be able to reply for an extended period of time, I can't guarantee it every time. Shit happens, life happens (I always return tho. I'm like a cockroach that way. You don't get rid of me that easily)

5. Don't give me one liners/single paragraph responses. This includes when you PM me for the first time. Sorry, but I can't stand when people leave me messages that reads 'hey, wanna roleplay?'' or 'I would like to roleplay' and nothing else, it just rubs me the wrong way. At least take the effort to introduce yourself. As far as roleplaying goes I require a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs with each reply in order to thrive. I don't expect you to mirror my posts, but you have to give me something to work with, chances are I'll end up losing interest otherwise.

6. Pull your own weight: I can't stress this enough. Too many times have I had people rely heavily on me to come up with ideas, introduce side characters and generally move the story forward. Don't make me do everything! It's a sure way for me to burn out and lose interest in the story.

7. No godmodding: This is the holy grail of roleplay rules. To infringe upon another's character is rude and absolutely unprofessional. Control my character without my permission and I will drop the roleplay like a piece of hot coal.

8. Talk to me: Unhappy about something? Not liking where the story is going? Believe it or not, but I don't know how to read minds, so unless you say anything I won't know.

9. Respect me and I'll respect you: Pretty self explanatory. No two people are the same, we all have different opinions about things, that is to be expected. Treat others how you want to be treated.

10. I have zero tolerance for drama: Unless it is in written form, aka roleplaying, I have no interest in hearing about. it.

Lastly, please refrain from commenting on this thread. If you like what you see send me a private message. Any comments left on this thread will be deleted.

Menace

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back