• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings New plots, new romance, new adventure! [M/M][M/F][Always Open]

ShenYu

Flying Hamster
[EDITED: February 9, 2022]

Hello! I'm ShenYu, He/Him pronoun, 20+ yo.

I just got back from a very long break. COVID has made my life a huge mess that I couldn't have the luxury to do any roleplay for almost a whole year. To those who did a roleplay with me in the past, I'm back, and I'm sorry for being gone for months. If you ever wanted to continue our previous roleplay, just shoot me a PM. Thank you.

Now then, let's move on to the fun part, shall we?

about me:

• I live in Asia. So expect a 12 hour time difference if you live somewhere in the US.
• I'm able to reply at least once a day. Though I can give multiple replies if we didn't miss each other too much.
• I'm Ghost Friendly!
• I prefer MxM pairing. For MxF, I would only play Male.
• I don't have any trigger.
• I'm not a native English speaker and grammar sucks. I could try my best but don't expect perfection, please.
• I prefer anime or illustration FC. Just descriptive paragraphs of our characters' appearance would be fine too!

about you:

• Please be able to reply at least once every other day. I won't rush you. But if you didn't reply for more than a week without any heads up, I'll consider the roleplay as dropped.
• Quality over quantity. But no one-liner, please.
Clearly state your triggers! Some of the plots could be very dark. I don't want to accidentally step on a land mine.
• Feel free to contribute your own idea to the plots. They are not fixed. I would love to listen to your thoughts about it.

warning!

If you're interested in roleplaying with me, shoot me a PM rather than telling me that in this thread. I want to keep this thread clean since I'll use this thread again in the future when I want to search for new roleplay partners or when I have some ideas in mind.

Also, more * means the level of my craving for that pairing is high! Bold means I wanted to play that character. Underlined means I have a plot for the pairings already. But you could always propose a new plot of your own with the pairings listed below!

pairings:

Mafia leader x Spy***
A detective x Their long lost childhood friend (a psychopath)****
Two humans that were forced to go through survival worlds**
A summoned hero x A disguised demon lord***
• A crown prince x A spy from the enemy faction/kingdom
• Demon x Angel in disguise
• Royalty x Royalty
• Non-human x Human
• Non-human x Non-human

Plots:

[Tags: Romance/Platonic, Modern Realistic, Thriller, Crime, Obsessive Character, Psychology]

When they were a kid, Muse A and Muse B were a kid with similar backgrounds. Both were poor, have no parents, and lived in a rundown orphanage together. Although they were abandoned at an early age, Muse A was the always bright and sunny, filled with justice, type of kid. He would not easily break down in the face of troubles and hardship. Meanwhile, Muse B was always quiet and reticent. He was more like a lifeless doll, never showing emotion, always staring into space with a blank and dull look. He was the odd kid of the orphanage which made him isolated and bullied by the other kids. Muse A, with his innate sense of justice, felt sorry for Muse B and always stood up for him. He didn't care about the other's reticent behavior and strive to befriend him so that Muse B wouldn't be lonely. After a period of time, they had unknowingly become friends who's very close with each other, like a pair of shoes that would almost never be seen without the other. But a few years later, when they were eight or nine, a rich couple suddenly dropped by the orphanage and said that they have a blood relation with Muse B. Then, just like that, they took Muse B away. Since then, Muse A has never seen Muse B again.

Muse A didn't have the luck to be adopted by anyone. But, as an optimist, he just continued to strive hard in his studies and society. Finally, after years of hard work, he managed to get his dream job; to be a detective in a reputable police force. His job was perfect. Fighting bad guys, defending society, everything he ever wanted when he was a kid had come true. The only downside would be the fact that he still hasn't gotten any news about Muse B, his long-lost childhood friend. He couldn't forget about that quiet friend of his, always wanting to meet him again. But, who would've thought that while he was trying to investigate a very tricky and serious case of a serial murderer, Muse A suddenly ran into a man who look so much like Muse B!

In fact, he really is Muse B. He said that the couple that adopted him brought him abroad and he had been living there throughout the years. Contrary to what he expected, he suffered a lot of hardship there because the family that took him in actually works in the underworld. For years, Muse B worked hard so that he could escape from this family. He had finally gathered enough money to fly back to his hometown. He had no money left, no house. He was lost. Thankfully, he had accidentally met Muse A while he was wandering around. At least that's what he told Muse A.

Muse A, so happy to see his old childhood friend again, very quickly agreed to let him stay at his house and help him out. The friend that he still held dearly in his heart was finally back. Life couldn't be any better for Muse A. If only he knew what kind of wolf in sheep clothing he had willingly invited into his own house...

This roleplay could be very, very dark. Yes, Muse B was the one responsible for the serial murderer case that Muse A was investigating. Every victim he killed was the one that has a dispute with Muse A in the past few years when Muse B was away. Yes, he had investigated everything about Muse A, killed anyone who had once hurt Muse A or would be dangerous to him, and stalked him around, waiting until that fated moment to appear in front of Muse A in a pitiful appearance. Muse B is a legit psychopath. A psychopath who is obsessed with Muse A, his only beacon of light.

[Tags: Romance/Platonic, Action, Modern Realistic, Thriller, Crime]

Muse B is a secret agent working for the government whose main task was to infiltrate many dangerous organizations and found evidence to bring them down. This line of work was never his own choice. Due to his own circumstance (such as debts, a family who is sick, etc., etc.), he was forced to accept this life-threatening job and work as a spy. Due to how dangerous it was, he couldn't have a normal life. His identity would always change and he could never have a long-lasting relationship with anyone in fear that he would bring danger to them later on. In short, he couldn't live the life he wanted, he dreamed of.

One day, he was assigned to work as a personal bodyguard of the suspected-to-be leader of a mafia group with an infamous and notorious reputation of being the number one dark organization in the underworld. This mafia group was a big group that was adept in disguises. Even after the government spent years trying to root them out, they were only able to take down the small, branch groups of the mafia group that dealt no real damage to their power as a whole. The leader that controlled the whole activities behind the scene was even harder to track down. His life was a mystery even for the members of the mafia group. This time, being able to find someone suspected to be the mafia leader was purely out of luck. Even if there is a high chance for this to be a trap, the government still quickly sent Muse B to investigate, forcing him to jump right into it.

Contrary to Muse B's expectation though, Muse A, who was his main target, was more like a normal businessman. There were no shady things about him. His personal information is very complete and clean. Starting from the time when he was still a kid until he grew up, everything that should be there was there. Muse A was just a simple gentleman who ran a normal, legal business that revolved around customer services. Just a few months ago, it was reported that someone was targeting him and terrorizing him every once in a while. That was why he was searching for a personal bodyguard to protect him, thus, how Muse B was able to apply and arrived next to his side. But all of this only made Muse B even more confused. The information from the government couldn't be wrong. But Muse A was really normal in his eyes. So, is Muse A really the leader of the notorious mafia group or not?

Meanwhile, yes, Muse A is the mafia leader. He, like Muse B, was very adept in disguise and retained many different identities. But, while Muse B hated this activity, Muse A did it as a twisted hobby. Changing into different personas every few months, toying on those stupid cops that couldn't even find his shadow, fooling around and controlling everything behind the scene, he did all that just for one reason; it was fun. It was fun to look at all those unsuspecting people who didn't even realize a huge danger was standing right next to them. Like an ant that didn't even know a human was observing him silently, just needing a finger to crush its body. Then, one day, he accidentally stumbled upon a recently appointed spy (Muse B) from the government that had managed to actually deal some damage to his real power. Muse A was both angry and amused. It has been a while since he was met with some troubles. It sparked the interest inside him. He wanted to play. So, he carefully made a new identity, donning a new persona, and purposely give the government some hints. He cast a huge net around Muse B, patiently waiting and slowly roping him in. Isn't it a fun game to play?

[Tags: Platonic, Action, Thriller, Horror, Survival, Second Chance, Alternate Dimensions]

Muse A and Muse B were met with a very unfortunate situation at the same time; they died. The cause of their death and the location could be different. But they died at the same time. Both have something in common; they didn't want to die just yet. They have loved ones, dreams, or a life that they still wanted to go back to. Just when the last bit of their consciousness was about to be sent away to the afterlife, they suddenly found themselves in an alternate dimension. It was not just them, but many other people who had also died around the same time as them has been transported into different places in this alternate space. In front of their eyes, an almost transparent notification panel appeared out of nowhere. Each of its edges donned a symbol of spade, club, diamond, and heart.

[Welcome to the Card World.
Current space: 2 of Spades (Tutorial World)
Objection: Survived the zombie swarmed for 60 minutes
Reward: Access to 2 of hearts, 2 of diamonds, and 2 of clubs
Punishment for failure: 14 days in Punishment Room
Good luck]​

~o00o~
This is a roleplay fully inspired by the Card Room web novel (go check it out. It's crazy good.). People who died in the real world were given a chance to come back to life, just a few moments before their death, if they are able to complete every card world. The numbers on the card represented the difficulty of the world with 2 being the lowest difficulties (tutorial level) and joker being the highest. The difficulty will be increased progressively. So, to get to 3 of spades/clubs/diamonds/hearts, they have to at least clear two out of four 2 of something cards. (can't jump difficulty)

The symbol of the card represented different types of world. Spade is a survival world where the objective was purely to survive. Heart is a roleplay world where players would be assigned a role and have to complete the quest or task in that world. Club is an escape room world where the objective was to find a way out of the room (there could be puzzles, traps, maze, etc.). And Diamond is a game room (similar to squid game but not that gory).

There are punishments and rewards in each world. The reward could even give you ability cards ranging from E-rank to S-rank. This card would help the player clear the world more easily. The mildest punishment is ability card deduction while the most severe one would be entering the Punishment Room. There, the player had to stay alive for 14 days straight in a very harsh situation. If they managed to survive, they would be able to continue challenging the Card World. If they failed, they would really die.

I was thinking that each of us could have multiple characters and willing to maybe sacrifice some of them during the roleplay. But, we could also just make side characters that didn't require our full control if you don't want your character to die. We will take turns coming up with the settings for each card world. For example, in the beginning, I'll decide the plot for the first world (2 of spade). I could choose to hide some details to add more elements of surprise for you. Then, in the next world, you'll decide the setting and plot. If you choose the heart world, for example, you can decide the whole objective of the world, the quest, and so on and so forth. Think of it as being the game master in every other world. If you're stuck with ideas, we could also brainstorm together!

[Tags: Romance/Platonic, Fluff, Medieval, Slight-Angst/Angst, Summoning, High Fantasy, Demons]

Muse A is someone from the modern world who suddenly got summoned into a medieval fantasy world where dragons, elves, dwarves, and any other fantasy creature existed. The people who summoned him were people from the most recognized religion in that world: The Temple of Light. They summoned Muse A under the order of their Lord God and appointed him the task to vanquish the Demon Lord who had been wreaking chaos throughout the whole continent. The demon lord was said to be so powerful that no one has been able to reach his palace for millions of years. Although none of the mortals have seen the demon lord before, his evil deeds were infamous enough to make his existence more than just a legend. For example, he had ordered an army of demons to ruined the once prosperous empire. For example, he had told his people to kidnap many beautiful women and men from the places near the Abyss of Darkness, the dwelling of demons. For example, he had ejected a kind of poisonous mist around the Great Forest where elves live, turning half of the elves into corrupted Dark Elves. The list still goes on and on. He was the one responsible for all evil in this world. Thus, the Temple of Light who had always been an enemy for monsters and creatures of the dark always strived to take down this evil Demon Lord.

Muse A may or may not be happy from the sudden summon. But, for whatever reason, he was determined, almost desperate even, to go back to his own world. Maybe he had a little sister who is sick. Or maybe he had an unfinished business there. In short, he wanted to go home. But through the summoning, he was bound in a contract directly with the Lord God in that world. The only way for him to go back is to kill the Demon Lord whose whereabouts were not even clearly known. Thankfully, Muse A got a pretty dope, cheat-like ability when he arrived in this world. He had also been assigned with a powerful teammate that would assist him during the whole journey. This person was also the first person he started to become familiar with in that world. With all those things, vanquishing the Demon Lord might not be that hard of a job. He just needs to find him, which is the real problem. But, with a teammate that he could depend on and trust, the whole journey didn't feel that big of a deal.

Unbeknown to Muse A though, the Demon Lord he was trying to find, Muse B, had actually been right by his side all along. The teammate that Muse A trusted, the first friend he made in this world, and the one that would go through thick and thin together with him, had actually been the Demon Lord he was tasked to kill all this time. Muse B, the so-called Demon Lord, was actually not the same as what the people in that world had described. Feeling suffocated from his own palace, Muse B ran away to blend in with the human society, aimlessly wandering around for years while changing identities throughout the way. Somehow, he had become one of the strongest knights in one of the most powerful kingdoms on the continent. It just so happened that this kingdom is called the Holy Kingdom due to its strong bond with the Temple of Light. This, in turn, has landed him in the situation where he had awkwardly become the teammate of the summoned hero who was tasked to kill him, the demon lord...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back