• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

_GreyJazz_

Back from the dead, maybe
Howdy, howdy! I'm Jazz and I haven't posted an interest check in several years here, but I'm thirsting for a text-based RP and I want to meet new people! I'm probably gonna turn this into my interest check masterpost, but I have a lot of things I'd be interested to RP, so if you're curious or anything here catches your attention, drop a comment or shoot me a PM and we can talk :) I'll try to update this post regularly with what I'm most interested in, but for the most part, anything I don't specifically denote as not okay can be considered as fair game.

Now, let's proceed to the boring but necessary parts!

The Boring Necessary Parts

• Please don't godmod my characters. If you have any preferences for my characters, please state them before the RP starts and I can say if I'm willing to work with that or not. I create fully-fledged original characters, so I will not break their character for anything. I also will not prescribe any of my preferences unto your characters. It's more interesting if we go with the flow and let our characters feel each other out instead of forcing them to act a certain way.
    • Please don't have romance be the main endgoal. If our characters don't have chemistry together, I'm not going to force it, and if you try to force it, I'll most likely lose interest. This goes doubly so if I'm using a pre-existing OC. If I'm creating an OC, we can try to work out how to improve their compatibility before we start, but again, I'm not changing my character once the RP starts.
    • I shouldn't have to say this, but if I indicate that a character has a certain sexuality or is of a certain age group, please don't throw them with someone that deviates from that. I won't put up with age gaps unless both characters are consenting adults when they meet and I'm not going to change a character's sexuality.
    • I have characters with mental health issues. A lot of them. I'm not going to reveal my characters' full diagnosis in their bios, so if mental health topics make you uncomfortable, I'm not your gal. I have, however, done a lot of research on mental health topics, and I'm okay with you or your OCs not knowing about mental illnesses and responding accordingly, provided you, as the roleplayer, are not disrespectful about it.
    • You are not your characters. If your characters are assholes, that's fine. But I'm seasoned enough to know when you have an OC who's an asshole and when you're an asshole hiding behind a character being fictional. So don't be afraid to give your characters flaws or prejudices, provided they're not the entire "point" of the RP.
    • I am an adult. I don't feel comfortable RPing romance with minors and if we're only using 2 characters, I also don't feel comfortable RPing romance between minors. I would need to have there be multiple ships for me to be okay with romance between minors.
    • I tend to use character references I personally draw! But if you prefer to use face claims or base them off of public characters, that's fine. I won't tolerate art theft, though, so if you claim someone else's OCs as your own, that's a problem. I'd much rather you use no reference than to steal one.
    • If nothing denoted before scared you off, I will also say that I have no preference to PMs vs threads vs Discord! I'm in the RPN Discord, so feel free to find me there and add me if you want to talk or something :)

The fun part!
Okay okay okay, I'll admit I love coming up with plot ideas, and I'll randomly generate more lol but for the time being, I'll try to split them into medieval, modern fantasy, sci-fi, etc., and I'll throw in some pairing ideas for funsies. All of these ideas can be elaborated on for ideas that I have, or you can let me know your own ideas and interpretations!

Also, if you want to work any of these into time periods different from what I had intended, I can work with that. I put them where they would fit easier.

1. Muse A is a human cursed with the ability to read how much time someone has left to them upon physical contact. One day, they bump into someone on the streets and the time they see is in the negative... This person was supposed to die what appears to be several years ago. They turn and catch Muse B's eye, but Muse B doesn't know that they know. By some odd stretch of fate, Muse A and Muse B wind up as coworkers. Will Muse B catch on to what Muse A knows? Will Muse A learn the truth about Muse B?
    2. With the advent of the internet, suspicious websites began to circulate around the dark web of nefarious activity... but at the same time, websites designed specifically for nonhuman users to communicate were also created! A lot of them parodied websites humans made, but they could only be accessed by individuals who activated their magic. One day, Muse A discovers one such website by pure accident... and they're forced into a journey of self-discovery after Muse B meets them on the websites and decides to take them up on "proving it."
    3. Muse A is a modern-day monster hunter being tried for murder... Muse B knows who they are and decides to bust them out, much to Muse A's surprise. The surprise amplifies when Muse A is freed and discovers Muse B is, themselves, a nonhuman who Muse A had been targeting before they were caught!
    4. Muse A is a monster hunter who was, by a sadistic twist of fate, turned into a monster... They can't return to their base for fear of being killed, but the only monsters they know of are the sorts better off dead... Muse A is forced into a life on the run. Muse B is an ordinary nonhuman who wants nothing more than to become human, if there is a way. They've been searching for years. Of course they recognize Muse A right away when they meet them... But the two are surprised to find that their goals are the same. Muse B decides to offer Muse A a deal: Muse B has found a way to become human, and they want to become human, too, but they'll only take Muse A with them if Muse A agrees to help them with something first: There's someone Muse B wants dead, and Muse A might stand a chance if they use their newfound abilities.
    5. Muse A is a refugee from another world who was snuck away onto earth and Muse B is their host family here who is now responsible for teaching Muse A about human society and how to blend in.
    6. Muse A and Muse B are roommates and Muse A discovers their roommate isn't human.
    7. Muse A has a wish they want granted more than anything else... Something they want enough to try the stupid ritual in that strange book. Surprisingly enough, the book summons a real-life demon to their room! In exchange for their soul being damned to hell, Muse A can request a wish from Muse B... Or so they thought. Muse B doesn't want to enter a contract and instead has their own wish of the human Muse A. Will Muse A be able to convince Muse B to give them what they really want?
    8. Muse A finds a dragon egg one day... It hatches and they find themselves with a real dragon in a world where it would be impossible to hide a full-grown dragon. But, they might not have to! Their dragon reveals a human form... So, dragons have learned to camouflage themselves many years ago? But how did this dragon wind up with Muse A? Why are there dragons on earth? There are more questions than answers, and two opposing factions present themselves: A human approaches Muse A to try to recruit them to an attack force and a dragon disguised as a human approaches Muse A to try to recruit them to a task force. What is the truth? What do the dragons represent, and which faction of dragon riders is correct?
    9. Muse A is a dream demon and Muse B is stuck in a coma. Unable to wake up, they beg the stranger in their dreams to keep them company, but Muse A wonders if Muse B truly understands what it means for them to be a dream demon. They decide to stick around for a while, but eventually, they have to tell Muse B that if they stick around for too long, they risk Muse B never waking up.

Pre-Existing Characters This is mostly just to give an idea of what kind of OCs I create. Alternatively, I'll give them each some plot ideas around them, so if you get attached to any of these kids, you're free to request I use them! Some of the art is a bit dated, so excuse the quality.

I could only be arsed to add three to start with, but I'll probably add more with time. Maybe.

• Silver ????
    Demon
    Sexuality: Bisexual/no preference
    Personality: Silver is exactly the kind of blunt who will find a way to get under even the thickest of skin given the opportunity, but she has a soft side she doesn't keep secret and she'll protect anyone she sees at a disadvantage. She'll start banter with anyone, even people she probably shouldn't, but she prides herself in being a woman of her word, and she finds creative ways to help people she's not "allowed" to for various reasons. All in all, she's a great ally to have on your team.
    Abilities: Shapeshifting, shadow magic, blood magic, various other tricks
    Weaknesses: If her choker comes off or she uses too much mana, she starts to lose control of her magic. She also has a lot of unique restrictions imposed upon her due to her role in Hell.
    Background: She appeared in Hell one day and declared herself to be a new lord of Hell. She backed up her words with action and now fights for the rights for demons to do whatever. She believes in letting demons choose their own fates, whereas most other denizens of Hell force others into submission to assert dominance. She lets those under her jurisdiction make their own decisions, but she also doesn't protect them from the consequences of their actions, which is why most demons turn a blind eye to her idealistic nature. However, she doesn't have a lot of allies in Hell, and has made quite a few enemies...
    Plot Ideas
    • Silver forms a contract with your muse that seems to be skewed to benefit them only, which gets them curious to her true motives.
    • Your muse is determined to find out why Silver always keeps her magic sealed... But the answer they find may not be what they were hoping for.
    • Your muse and Silver are demons from rival territories who are forced to work together.

Looking for more RP partners again!! Craving something with vampires or high fantasy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back