• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

What Time Period Would You Like to RP In?

• Total voters

Lord Saethos

Dark Lord of the Saeth
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• The Truth Is Out Therewatchmen-4444.jpg

Good evening dear readers!

As you all are well aware, we here at The Truth Is Out There have ALWAYS been at the forefront of telling you what dirty little secrets hide behind America's closed doors.

Sure the media might call as 'kooks' and 'conspiracy theorists', and maybe sometimes there right. Maybe we're off the mark from time to time. UFO's and fairies might not be real, but when we tell you there's something seriously wrong with the dark organizations we have, like the CIA, there's usually a kernel of truth to it.

And today, we have some more confirmation of that.

A leaked CIA doc that seemed to have some important people a little on edge.

Last edited:
Agents of Sins would be a great band name :D

I'm quite intrigued by this premise, and I'd definitely be interested in participating. It kind of reminds me of the Wild Cards series, which I'm a huge fan of.

Agents of Sins would be a great band name :D

I'm quite intrigued by this premise, and I'd definitely be interested in participating. It kind of reminds me of the Wild Cards series, which I'm a huge fan of.
This is actually the first I'm hearing of the series, but I can so far see exactly why you'd be reminded of it!

Might just have to check it out sometime now! :closed eyes open smile:

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them btw, me or some of the returning players can probs answer most things. lol

This is actually the first I'm hearing of the series, but I can so far see exactly why you'd be reminded of it!

Might just have to check it out sometime now! :closed eyes open smile:

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them btw, me or some of the returning players can probs answer most things. lol
Wild Cards is spectacular. Especially the first few books.

From what I gather, it looks like there's a lot of freedom for creativity regarding character creation, powers, etc. I was just wondering what the limitations would be for characters, or if there's a general guide to follow regarding powers and such. Of course, the normal stuff like not being OP, etc., but I'd like to know the details if possible.

Also, I'd love to know more about the world. Mostly about factions and stuff, so I can figure out the gist of my character.

Wild Cards is spectacular. Especially the first few books.

From what I gather, it looks like there's a lot of freedom for creativity regarding character creation, powers, etc. I was just wondering what the limitations would be for characters, or if there's a general guide to follow regarding powers and such. Of course, the normal stuff like not being OP, etc., but I'd like to know the details if possible.

Also, I'd love to know more about the world. Mostly about factions and stuff, so I can figure out the gist of my character.
Limitations are still being worked out I think, I can't remember the exact superhero power system we based it off of, I'll try to look back through things and figure it out.

That said, I think the limitations will end up being somewhat dependent on what the group wants to happen with the RP.

I'm hesitant to let folks use powers like inter-dimensional travel, since that gets into all kinds of plot and lore stuff that could get complicated. But other than that, pretty much just asking that people don't go too OP.

Major faction in this iteration of Hadean is going to be SINS. They're like the CIA and SCP Foundation had a baby that was adopted by Amanda Waller.

They will be incredibly important to the story, as your characters are going to end up working for them.

Having said that, whether you choose to play a hero, a villain, or something in between, I'd recommend you consider a backstory on how your character comes to work for SINS. Chances are, it won't have been their choice to do so. :b7:

Addendum: Seeing as this is a new setting (at least as far as the date is concerned), a lot of what happened in the old Hadean won't be necessary reading for you. So this is a pretty fresh start in the universe.

I think the power system was based on parahumans from Worm Parahuman if I remember correctly

Well, it seems great! I'm excited to see when you start putting up applications/characters sheets.

Well, it seems great! I'm excited to see when you start putting up applications/characters sheets.
I'd like to try to garner some more interest in the meantime, but if you already have character ideas, you're welcome to DM them to me!

Here's the link for the character's we used in the Old Hadean, so you're more than welcome to use some of the character sheets people came up with there!

Mark me down as interested pending a specific plot! I love the errata-style intro. I notice that there's a deep well of lore; is there a quick-ref guide?

Also, does this game have custom mechanics a la Isekai Hell, or is it more of a true forum RP without stats to keep track of?

I tend to tailor characters to plots, so no specific ideas yet, but I notice in the Worm wiki there's a category for shapeshifters... love me a shapeshifter, so that's the direction I'm most likely to go.

Mark me down as interested pending a specific plot! I love the errata-style intro. I notice that there's a deep well of lore; is there a quick-ref guide?

Also, does this game have custom mechanics a la Isekai Hell, or is it more of a true forum RP without stats to keep track of?

I tend to tailor characters to plots, so no specific ideas yet, but I notice in the Worm wiki there's a category for shapeshifters... love me a shapeshifter, so that's the direction I'm most likely to go.
Great questions!

Firstly, the lore is gonna be a lil different here, since we're most likely starting in a different time period, but we'll defs try and work on getting some of the pertinent lore summarized somewhere. But this RP will be mostly a fresh start, so you won't need to know everything from the other RP's.

Some important notes:
  • The Nazis built a giant cube thing in Antarctica at the end of WW2, blew it up with a nuke, and some time after (the date is entirely speculative), people started getting super powers.
  • The Hadean "world" exists within an Omniverse, meaning all universes and multiverses exist within it. That said, this new Hadean plot may take place in an "alternate universe", but it will STILL be in the same Omniverse. What happens in one area will still be relevant to the one we play in.
  • In 2045 of the main Hadean universe, a city in North Carolina, Atlas City, was attacked by a giant monster made up of rotten and decayed organic matter. Some plant, some flesh. It was nigh impossible to kill, and caused immense damage to the city. It was also revealed to be an Interdimensional Being. And probably not the first one to visit Earth.
  • Our heroes were contacted by a Scottish billionaire with mysterious connections, George Carlisle. He had a gigantic submarine and VTOL jets (I think he's an all around cool dude).
  • There's been references to a corporation called Ultrox, who has been connected to various Biological Weapons that have cropped up periodically in the world.
  • There's a "terrorist" organization called the "Red Death" who seemingly have a connection to Ultrox.
  • SINS is (as described above) an intelligence agency that largely has focused on superheroes lately, but has a history of focusing on all supernatural phenomenon. They've had several prominent agents in their history, and even in the Hadean plots from before.
  • There's also been a terrorist organization called "The Witchfinder Generals"; a violently anti-Super organization. They see supers as abominations, and seek to rid the world of them. They've used "biological weapons" that have given them synthetic superpowers (sometimes even temporary ones), and they occasionally will recruit supers as well, but only those dedicated to the cause of getting rid of all Supers.

That's a bit of the key points, probably missed a lot, but gives you stuff to consider!

This'll be your standard Forum RP, so going forward I'm hoping to avoid using any kind of gameplay mechanics or system. If I feel like it's necessary to implement one for the sake of easing some of the conflicts and battles, I'll certainly consider it, but as of right now it doesn't have any system in place.

General overview of the plot as it stands:

You are working for SINS. Either because you chose to, or you were forced to. You can get creative with that, but knowing some of what is in the world, and knowing you might be forced to work for a questionable government organization, that gives you some idea of what to expect. lol

Sweet! Thank you! Definitely interested, will be mulling over character concepts and keeping an eye on this thread!

For profiles, do you have a preference for realistic vs art faceclaims? (My personal preference is for Picrew images but I can go realistic if needed.)

Sweet! Thank you! Definitely interested, will be mulling over character concepts and keeping an eye on this thread!

For profiles, do you have a preference for realistic vs art faceclaims? (My personal preference is for Picrew images but I can go realistic if needed.)
It ranges from anime styled to realistic art styled, haven't seen anyone use real people as fc though so you should be good to use picrew but just credit the artist that made the picrew.

(And you can dm your character app to saethos when you are done with it)

It ranges from anime styled to realistic art styled, haven't seen anyone use real people as fc though so you should be good to use picrew but just credit the artist that made the picrew.
Always! 's why I like Picrew; RP use falls within their acceptable permissions and I get to have neat art to reference without feeling ethically scummy.

Update folks, I've got a poll up for ya know, so please go ahead and choose a time you'd be most interested in playing in, or (if you want to do more than one time period), choose multiple, and the period you wish to begin in.

Once we have that a bit more formalized, I can start to go into some more plot details.

I definitely think '90s - '00s would be a good timeframe. The aesthetic works really well for the superhero genre.

• The Truth Is Out ThereView attachment 1093586

Good evening dear readers!

As you all are well aware, we here at The Truth Is Out There have ALWAYS been at the forefront of telling you what dirty little secrets hide behind America's closed doors.

Sure the media might call as 'kooks' and 'conspiracy theorists', and maybe sometimes there right. Maybe we're off the mark from time to time. UFO's and fairies might not be real, but when we tell you there's something seriously wrong with the dark organizations we have, like the CIA, there's usually a kernel of truth to it.

And today, we have some more confirmation of that.

A leaked CIA doc that seemed to have some important people a little on edge.

I might find this interesting. It seems pretty serious though, so I’m a little afraid my tendency towards less “Written by a mall ninja” OCs and my desire to have an impact on the world via my characters by my own volition rather than just how the GM decides they want me to, might clash with this. Would that be a big issue.

I might find this interesting. It seems pretty serious though, so I’m a little afraid my tendency towards less “Written by a mall ninja” OCs and my desire to have an impact on the world via my characters by my own volition rather than just how the GM decides they want me to, might clash with this. Would that be a big issue.
What this mean?

What this mean?
I’ve encountered a bus-lode of settings where I’m denied at the doorstep because I write characters that don’t seem like either the protagonists of a western YA novel, an anime tumblr sexyman, or just an all around edgy “veteran of a nondescript overseas war”.

I’ve also encountered a lot of people who weren’t willing to work with me, because despite making the whole “giving the players chances to effect the storyline” appeal, they’re more interested in playing out their own narrative.

Saethos hasn’t assured me I’ll be fine here, but they have at least convinced me that there probably won’t be any issues.

I think I may have started to make a character for the old game. (The power system is familiar as well as some of the early characters.) Definitely interested.

To any folks still seriously interested, or anyone seriously considering, please let me know if there's any more info you'd like that could help you out with making characters. ^_^

I'll try to create some new "tabs" to the initial post that can maybe fill in some info for you, answer some questions, etc. Basically, anything that hasn't been answered yet, feel free to ask, either here or by DM.

The only real question I have is what you are looking for in terms of Threat Level? The character I’m thinking of would be between 5 and 7, but knowing what you’re wanting would help narrow that further.

The only real question I have is what you are looking for in terms of Threat Level? The character I’m thinking of would be between 5 and 7, but knowing what you’re wanting would help narrow that further.
Well seeing as this ties into parts of the plot that are already out in the open (the players being forced into working for SINS), I can say this much:
  • Higher level powers are acceptable (within reason), but the higher power level you have, it's reasonable to assume that the harder it would be to force your character (against their will) to work for SINS. So, you'll need to come up with some plot ideas on why your character is working with SINS, why they either chose to work for SINS, or what SINS has that is forcing them to stay.
  • Try to avoid anything "world ending" in terms of power level, but we can be semi-flexible. That said, if you wanna talk about powers without revealing too much to other players, feel free to DM me and we can chat about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back