• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Do no harm. - a medical roleplay

junegloom

you’ve got me by the skin and bones

do no harm.
a medical roleplay

• intro.

Columbia Medical Center is a renowned non-profit teaching hospital in Washington, D.C. The Level I Trauma Center can treat the most critical patients along with the most minor of complaints. Columbia Medical Center is considered one of the highest-ranking hospitals in the nation; employment and residency are highly competitive.

However, for a lucky few, they are employed in the Emergency Department at Columbia Medical Center. They work day in and day out to save the lives of their patients and ease their discomfort. Attendings, residents, medical students, and nurses work alongside each other to provide the best outcomes they can.

The fast-paced, high-stress environment is not for everyone. Being located in the heart of D.C., they are constantly busy and see every emergency under the sun.

The line between life and death is very thin and very fragile. Not every patient survives, but this team does their best to save those that they can.

Hi everyone! I've been binge-watching ER, so I had the itch for a medical roleplay. This RP will focus on the doctors and nurses in a busy emergency room. Of course, I am well aware of all the other hard-working staff that make an emergency department run smoothly, but I'm limiting the roles to doctors and nurses just for simplicity's sake. Additionally, while there will always be a basis in fact, this is a fictional RP, so this won't be entirely medically accurate just like any other medical show on television.

coded by weldherwings.

INFO

Columbia Medical Center is a renowned non-profit teaching hospital in Washington, D.C. The Level I Trauma Center can treat the most critical patients along with the most minor of complaints. Columbia Medical Center is considered one of the highest-ranking hospitals in the nation; employment and residency are highly competitive.

However, for a lucky few, they are employed in the Emergency Department at Columbia Medical Center. They work day in and day out to save the lives of their patients and ease their discomfort. Attendings, residents, medical students, and nurses work alongside each other to provide the best outcomes they can.

The fast-paced, high-stress environment is not for everyone. Being located in the heart of D.C., they are constantly busy and see every emergency under the sun.

The line between life and death is very thin and very fragile. Not every patient survives, but this team does their best to save those that they can.

Hi everyone! I've been binge-watching ER, so I had the itch for a medical roleplay. This RP will focus on the doctors and nurses in a busy emergency room. Of course, I am well aware of all the other hard-working staff that make an emergency department run smoothly, but I'm limiting the roles to doctors and nurses just for simplicity's sake. Additionally, while there will always be a basis in fact, this is a fictional RP, so this won't be entirely medically accurate just like any other medical show on television.

ROLES

Attending Physicians- Attendings are responsible for the overall care of the patients. In addition to treating their own patients, they supervise the residents and medical students.

Residents- These are doctors who have graduated from medical school and are specializing in a specific field of medicine. Though they are doctors, they are still supervised by the attending physicians.

Medical Students- In their third and fourth years of medical school, they are placed on clinical rotations for training. They are able to treat patients under the supervision of qualified doctors. They may not be interested in specializing in emergency medicine, but it will be a great learning experience either way.

Nurses- The glue that holds the department together. Nurses care for the patients, often administering treatments ordered by the doctors. They assist with assessing and treating the patients. They spend the most time with patients, especially once they are stabilized.

Physician Specialties

Emergency Medicine- Most of the doctors and residents in the ER will be specialized (or are specializing) in emergency medicine. They treat patients that require immediate medical attention. They treat and stabilize the patient until they are ready to be admitted to a hospital floor or are able to be discharged. In this RP, they will see both adult and pediatric patients.

Trauma Surgeon (attendings only)- These doctors have specialized in a more specific form of surgery for those who suffered more acute, traumatic injuries. They have completed 5-7 years of general surgery residency, followed by 1-2 years of fellowship training.

General Surgery (residents only)- Surgical residents will consult and assist in the ER, many of the residents intend on completing a trauma surgery fellowship following the completion of their residency.

RULES

One.- This RP is 18+ only. This is because I am uncomfortable roleplaying with minors and this roleplay will deal with heavy and potentially triggering topics.

Two.- This is NOT first come, first served. Everyone needs to apply and be accepted to take part in this RP.

NOTE: If you do not receive an acceptance message from me by the specified deadline, that means your character has not been accepted. Please don’t message me regarding acceptance as I choose the characters based on how I feel they will fit into the group.

Three.- Realistic face claims only, please!

Four.- This is an advanced lit RP, so replies should be at least a few paragraphs. If you will be away for an extended period of time, just give me a heads up!

Six.- Please be kind to everyone and follow all RPN rules

Seven.- There is a max of 4 characters per person. For variety, please make sure the gender ratio is balanced. (All genders and sexualities are, of course, allowed. I just do not want too many characters of one gender overwhelming the cast)

Eight.- Discord is required for OOC and plotting purposes

Last edited:
didn’t realize the code was not mobile friendly whoops. i added in a spoiler at the bottom! 🎉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back