• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

What Time Period Would You Like to RP In?

• Total voters
Well seeing as this ties into parts of the plot that are already out in the open (the players being forced into working for SINS), I can say this much:
  • Higher level powers are acceptable (within reason), but the higher power level you have, it's reasonable to assume that the harder it would be to force your character (against their will) to work for SINS. So, you'll need to come up with some plot ideas on why your character is working with SINS, why they either chose to work for SINS, or what SINS has that is forcing them to stay.
  • Try to avoid anything "world ending" in terms of power level, but we can be semi-flexible. That said, if you wanna talk about powers without revealing too much to other players, feel free to DM me and we can chat about it.
What would a character with a progressive power level be defined as?

What would a character with a progressive power level be defined as?
Like a higher level of power, or a power that changes over time?

Theoretically, almost all powers could become more powerful over time (within reason) if you mean the latter.

And if it's the former, it's mostly about "scope", how much of an impact the power can have. For example, being able to create fires aren't necessarily a high power. Being able to burn down a city block would absolutely be a higher power though.

Same with psychic abilities for example. Being able to know some of a single person's immediate thoughts isn't necessarily a high power. But being able to know everything about that, or being able to read the minds of a hundred people at one time, would be on the higher end.

So I was trying to think up a handful of abilities, but in the end I think I’ll keep it simple and make them Teleporter with Spatial Awareness (Mover 5 / Thinker 5). The biggest contributor to the threat level is not their power though, but their skill with them.

So I was trying to think up a handful of abilities, but in the end I think I’ll keep it simple and make them Teleporter with Spatial Awareness (Mover 5 / Thinker 5). The biggest contributor to the threat level is not their power though, but their skill with them.
Ooooh? Interesting by the sounds of it so far! Do they just pop around from place to place, or would they use portals or something?

In the RP Hadean took initial inspiration from, I think we had a portal wielder who used the portals as weapons too, was pretty cool!

Ooooh? Interesting by the sounds of it so far! Do they just pop around from place to place, or would they use portals or something?

In the RP Hadean took initial inspiration from, I think we had a portal wielder who used the portals as weapons too, was pretty cool!
I was definitely toying with the idea of weaponized portals, but in the end I decided to go basic and just have them blink around. And personally I think skill based characters work better with simpler powers

Although another idea I was toying with was a defensive ability where they redirect attacks by teleporting them. (Actually, I might still do that. Would that be Dynamic Brute?)

I was definitely toying with the idea of weaponized portals, but in the end I decided to go basic and just have them blink around. And personally I think skill based characters work better with simpler powers

Although another idea I was toying with was a defensive ability where they redirect attacks by teleporting them. (Actually, I might still do that. Would that be Dynamic Brute?)
I'd say it fits more with a Mover-Shaker or Mover-Breaker type of power, since it's moving the attack away from your character. Question is whether it has an "area of effect", or if it has to come into contact with your character to be teleported. ^_^

I'd say it fits more with a Mover-Shaker or Mover-Breaker type of power, since it's moving the attack away from your character. Question is whether it has an "area of effect", or if it has to come into contact with your character to be teleported. ^_^
It would be a ranged effect, within 5 feet, so most likely Shaker. But the more I think about it the less it fits what I’m envisioning. Teleporting isn’t the focus of this character, their skills are. Not a teleporter that can fight, but a fighter that can teleport, if that makes sense.

It would be a ranged effect, within 5 feet, so most likely Shaker. But the more I think about it the less it fits what I’m envisioning. Teleporting isn’t the focus of this character, their skills are. Not a teleporter that can fight, but a fighter that can teleport, if that makes sense.
I know what you mean! I had a sort of similar mindset to you when creating a character in the other Hadean RP's, Richard. He was an ice user, but he was (first and foremost) a vigilante who served in the Canadian army, and quit for reasons that didn't end up getting revealed.

That said, he focused a lot on his combat skills, and used the ice as sort of a "support weapon", though as time went on and the enemies got more powerful, he did find himself needing it more and more.

Like a higher level of power, or a power that changes over time?

Theoretically, almost all powers could become more powerful over time (within reason) if you mean the latter.

And if it's the former, it's mostly about "scope", how much of an impact the power can have. For example, being able to create fires aren't necessarily a high power. Being able to burn down a city block would absolutely be a higher power though.

Same with psychic abilities for example. Being able to know some of a single person's immediate thoughts isn't necessarily a high power. But being able to know everything about that, or being able to read the minds of a hundred people at one time, would be on the higher end.
I meant the latter. Would a character with an accelerated growth rate be out of the scope of the series?

Hey Saethos, so quick question - I'm thinking of using a character with blood powers, like the ability to manipulate their own blood. Possibly their bones as well. But not shapeshifting. What do you think category wise for that type of power?

Hey Saethos, so quick question - I'm thinking of using a character with blood powers, like the ability to manipulate their own blood. Possibly their bones as well. But not shapeshifting. What do you think category wise for that type of power?
I think that's still technically a changer? Depending on what they can do with their blood and bones, could shift to being a "Blaster" if you could shoot shards of bones at people, for example.

I think that's still technically a changer? Depending on what they can do with their blood and bones, could shift to being a "Blaster" if you could shoot shards of bones at people, for example.
Hmm, that's a possibility. At the moment, I was thinking of being more of a melee character. I'll put down changer for now.

Hmm, that's a possibility. At the moment, I was thinking of being more of a melee character. I'll put down changer for now.
Could also be a lil bit of Brute at that point too, depending on how strong it makes the character's melee attacks.

I meant the latter. Would a character with an accelerated growth rate be out of the scope of the series?
Not speaking for the GM, but I suppose it would depend entirely on how "accelerated" you're planning it to be.

If an aspect of your character's power is "They keep getting stronger over time until they become a god", then I'd assume the answer is no.

Not speaking for the GM, but I suppose it would depend entirely on how "accelerated" you're planning it to be.

If an aspect of your character's power is "They keep getting stronger over time until they become a god", then I'd assume the answer is no.
I figure now is a good time to address a point about the timeline as well, since we're talking about levels of power.

It's looking like the RP may take place in the 90s and 2000s.

Because of that, age is a factor to consider, and I'm giving players some options to deal with that:

1. Your characters age up over time.
  2. Your characters die at some point before you worry about aging.
  3. You create a new character or characters (the old ones do NOT have to die, they can just shuffle to the side and do Cameos).
  4. Your character somehow avoids aging. Maybe through powers? Maybe Umbrella Corporation gave them some pills? Maybe they made a deal with the Devil? Maybe they fell through an interdimensional time portal?
All options to keep in mind moving forward. This won't necessarily make your characters OP, so I just wanted to put it out there so folks don't feel like aging is the only option.

I figure now is a good time to address a point about the timeline as well, since we're talking about levels of power.

It's looking like the RP may take place in the 90s and 2000s.

Because of that, age is a factor to consider, and I'm giving players some options to deal with that:

1. Your characters age up over time.
  2. Your characters die at some point before you worry about aging.
  3. You create a new character or characters (the old ones do NOT have to die, they can just shuffle to the side and do Cameos).
  4. Your character somehow avoids aging. Maybe through powers? Maybe Umbrella Corporation gave them some pills? Maybe they made a deal with the Devil? Maybe they fell through an interdimensional time portal?
All options to keep in mind moving forward. This won't necessarily make your characters OP, so I just wanted to put it out there so folks don't feel like aging is the only option.
Personally, I feel like my character will simply age over time. From around 24 to 35.

I'll try and send you some more info regarding my character soon. It is midnight where I am though, so don't hold your breath 😅

Alright folks, the Character Sheets thread is now up!

Don't have to copy my template verbatim, but gives you an idea of what to work with. Again, lemme know if you've got any questions!

Yes, there is a Discord!
To everyone else reading, it would be more or less necessary to communicate on Discord, as that's what we've found to be the most efficient way of communicating, and to keep useful links, files, etc. handy.

I will be inviting players once we've had a chance to look over your character profiles, so please submit then when you have time so we can go over any changes necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back