• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
“Ah, Hamele, you know I never have good mornings!” She said playfully.
Hamele managed a laugh and rolled her eyes. That was obviously a lie, but Hamele decided to play along. "Oh yeah, that's right..." She said playfully, a mischievous smile forming on her face. "You might want to try and put that back together one day." She continued to joke along.

Talia quirked a smile at Hamele, before rolling her eyes. “Ah, Hamele, you know I never have good mornings!” She said playfully. Her attention was switched as she saw the captain, and heard her comment about her coffee. “Only three, sadly. I feel like I want a fourth, but we’re about to go on a mission. So, I must resist.” She sighed dramatically.
The captain merely rolled her eyes at this comment, as she walked over to the open bar and asked the barista for her drink. “Zorglin Tea. Two coffee grounds. One sugar.” She requested. The barista nodded and went to the back to prepare her drink.

As she waited, she saw both Lux and Xu’Orz talking together. “Well, seems like my best scientist is meeting with the shady recruit.” She commented, loud enough for the two to hear.

Lux turned to see the Captain had arrived in the cafeteria. He came over to her.

I attempted to talk. He must not want to speak, as it was most difficult to hold a conversation.

Lux wrote and showed the Captain as he ate his small breakfast.

Right after she read Lux’s response, the barista returns with her cup of Zorglin Tea, placing it down on the counter next to her. “Well, Lux, maybe there’s a reason why he doesn’t want to talk for the moment.” She said. “There’s a saying that Talia Shore told me during her service here. It’s ‘No talky before coffee.’” She grabs her cup of tea and hovers it below her lip, ready to drink it. “Or, in my case, it’s no talky before Zorglin tea. With two scoops of coffee grounds.” She takes a slurp of her daily coffee, finally.

Lux nodded. He had had coffee before. But he didn’t really like it all that much. He hypothesized it was an acquired taste. He knew of the caffeine in it, and since it was a drug, he had no wish to be at risk of addiction. He looked at the Zorglin tea.

Interesting. I have not heard of this saying.

He wrote. He didn’t seem to get the point of it, and he just ate the crackers, slipping them under his mask, despite the risk of anyone shorter than him seeing scars on his chin.

As she waited, she saw both Lux and Xu’Orz talking together. “Well, seems like my best scientist is meeting with the shady recruit.” She commented, loud enough for the two to hear.

Xu'Orz turned to address the captain. "Good Morn, Susan. Yes, I must say, Ma'arz is a fine addition to the crew. Say, Susan, have you any more information on the planet that we're landing on come the time? Rogue planets, at least from my experience, tend to carry with them unexpected features and compositions."

Xu'Orz turned to address the captain. "Good Morn, Susan. Yes, I must say, Ma'arz is a fine addition to the crew. Say, Susan, have you any more information on the planet that we're landing on come the time? Rogue planets, at least from my experience, tend to carry with them unexpected features and compositions."
"Well, Xu'Orz, the planet, in question, is not a rogue. It is part of a binary star system, much to my own surprise. You don't see many binary stars these days, do you?" She responds before taking another sip of her caffeinated Zorglin Tea.

"A binary system, eh? Not as uncommon as you would think Susan. Just most medias don't pay attention to them. Binary stars are more than common, they're just so common no attention is paid towards them. However, a lucrative mining planet may draw some attention for a bit." Xu'Orz paused as he forked a hunk of his breakfast into his mouth. "Anyhow, when do you suppose we'll be deployed today?"

"Indefinite; I haven't prepared a course to the planet yet. I'll let everyone know when we will be there once I prepare the ship's GPS system." She responds before taking the last sip of her tea. She sets the tea down and marches in front of the present crewmembers. "May I all have your attention, please?" She asked.

Last edited:
"May I all have your attention, please?"
Upon hearing this, both Kokoro and Hamele promptly stopped whatever they were doing and listened in, Kokoro sparing a glance at best and Hamele lending her full, 100% and unfiltered attention (granted they were both doing nothing beforehand, but still).

Lux was about to sit down when his attention had been requested by the Captain. He left his ‘meal’ on the table, and then came back to where he previously was, although he was now at attention to listen to the Captain

Talia turned in her seat as soon as she heard the Captain speaking, coffee cup still in her hand as she waited for whatever speech Susan was going to throw at them.

//JESUS CHRIST, I need to take a break from In a Locked Room and work onto this more. I’m sorry, I‘m really am.

Once it seems like she got everybody’s attention, Susan clears her throat and prepares to speak. “I don’t know if everyone here has gotten their email from yesterday, but to be sure that everyone knows what we will be doing, we will be undergoing a mission assigned to us by the One-Earth Society’s Interplanetary Bureau of Raw Mineral Extraction,” She began, trying to keep it as brief as she can. “We are going to be entering a exoplanet that has no atmosphere; that means no oxygen and no protection from UV radiation. We are going to have to wear heavy-duty spacesuits in order to survive its dangerous conditions.” She turns to Xu’Orz. ”Xu’Orz, I put my trust in you that you show the recruits where we put our spacesuits and how to properly utilize them. I hope that isn’t too much work for you, right?” She asked.

Xu'Orz nodded his head. "It will be of no problem. I will ensure our new recruits are at least capable of utilizing the spacesuits." Xu'Orz took a long sip of his tea, and took a morsel of his food before padding his face with a delicate napkin. "I will only need to don more... professional attire, and then we may depart to the suit terminal."

Susan merely rolled her eyes at Xu'Orz's stealth snark, having worked with him long enough to know his words. "Take your time. As stated, I have yet to order the ship's bridge to take us to the planet. Rest assured that, once I do, I will let you know of our destination time." Taking one more sip of her drink, she slides it to Talia before she left.

Once she is gone, Kqidons IV decides to stop being silent and present herself to the Thugalek. "So, you're here..." She quietly snarled as she stared at him. She is still wearing her black skull-like battle mask from day one, so Xu'Orz couldn't get a clear look at her face. Despite this, he can easily tell that she is a Vagrok.

Xu'Orz shot a glance at Kqidons before routing his attention towards her. "Vagrok. What do you want? Need something to satisfy your bloodlust? I'm afraid can't supply you with anything from the laboratory." Xu'Orz put a particular poisonous tone on his last sentence.

"I don't need blood taken from your commission's rightless underlings!" She snarled back, angry from his remark. "The difference between my kind and yours is honor. Your commission has none of that. Your kind is only interested in no ordinary blood. It's blood money." She continued ranting, taking her anger about the Mercantile Commission on Xu'Orz.

Talia scoffed shortly at Xu’Orz’s response to Susan. She found it slightly funny. Talia was all relaxed and chill, until she saw the Vagrok approach the Thugalek. That’s when she tensed. She knew relations between the two species were.... rocky.

Honestly, she wasn’t too fond of the Thugalek’s government either, but if a fight broke out here she’d probably take the side of the person who she’d known for longer. Plus, this Vagrok hadn’t exactly gotten along with anyone yet. Talia has no qualms in pissing her off.

Once it seems like she got everybody’s attention, Susan clears her throat and prepares to speak. “I don’t know if everyone here has gotten their email from yesterday, but to be sure that everyone knows what we will be doing, we will be undergoing a mission assigned to us by the One-Earth Society’s Interplanetary Bureau of Raw Mineral Extraction,” She began, trying to keep it as brief as she can. “We are going to be entering a exoplanet that has no atmosphere; that means no oxygen and no protection from UV radiation. We are going to have to wear heavy-duty spacesuits in order to survive its dangerous conditions.”
Kokoro listened carefully in particular, as she had not heard of this at all and hadn't been able to read the email - because ghost problems and not having anything to even read it 'on'. A planet with no oxygen, and no protection from a form of a radiation sounds dangerous - but this is a mission from... "An official mission from them... I'd assume they want something 'from' this planet then, right?" Kokoro would speak up curiously.

As Susan explained what he had already memorized from the E-mail that she had sent out last night, he kept at attention the entire time. Once she was finished and left, he saw Kqidons and Xu’Orz having an argument that seemed vaguely racist/species-ist.

Lux had absolutely no interest in getting involved, so he took a few steps back, and simply observed the argument.

"You talk of honor? Tell me, where do you find honor in insulting a defector of the very entity you are enraged with?" Xu'Orz's face twisted into frustration. "You might as well chastise a refugee of war."

Kqidons' eyes scrunched up upon hearing that he is a defector of the commission. She even backed off a little, in surprise, of this new information. "A defector?" She asked, after a moment of silence.

Xu'Orz's frustration twisted into a cruel laughter. "You seriously think the Commission, during an embargo, when every asset of theirs is contraband in Federation Space, would have one of their earliest, resource expensive, clones within a military vessel of the Federation?" Xu'Orz took his palm do his face. "By the stars..."

By now, the Vagrok‘s body began to shake. Livid and embarrassed, was not happy that she made a fool out of herself; that she never thought up of the Thugalek being a defector of his own kind.

Ma’arz notices Kqidons’ growing anger. Fearing for Xu’Orz’s life, knowing just how powerful and skilled the Vagroks are for all of their arrogance, he quietly approached him from behind and tapped on his hip. “I recommend you do not further engage with her,” Ma’arz warned Xu’Orz, with a cautious tone of voice. “For all of their arrogance, Vagroks are powerful; I fear for your life.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back