• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ta'Grek's face grew a smug grin, as did Ga'Brek. Un'Garen spoke to the councilmen in their native language, discernable by most. "What are the other variants of this mineral, and their properties? And how many would you have ready to transfer? You, my friend, have now truly interested the Commission." Ta'Grek motioned towards the vault behind where the previous container was housed. He spoke slyly. "Whatever your price, I'm sure we can... sweeten the deal." With a motion of his hand, two more cartfuls of plasma weapons were extracted, the carts contained each three large barrels, about the size of the average human.

Un'Garen swatted a comment away before Ta'Grek could speak again. He took a deep breath. "If you have sufficient amounts of these 'Energy Crystals', do we have a deal?"

The client grew a huge grin upon witnessing the additional plasma weaponry Ta'Grek presented, revealing white crystal-like teeth that shined with the teal lights that dimmed the room. She quickly turns her head back to the councilmen, with confidence greater than before. "Now, now. Before I get to the details of the readied shipments, allow me to go on the details of the varieties of the crystals." She asked, preparing to make a quick explanation.

"As I've previously stated, there are many different types of Energy Crystals that I have in my kingdom; there are as many varieties as there are many colors in a wheel." She said. "However, as embarrassing as it is to admit, research is still being conducted on its properties and uses for many of the Energy Crystals. But please, do not let that affect our deals. I have a couple of Energy Crystals that have a use for my kingdom." She gestures to the Red Energy Crystal that still lays on the table. "There is the Red Energy Crystal. I have already explained its usage, so no need to repeat myself."

She then pulls out her arm, revealing a golden vambrace, one that is very reminiscent of absolute monocratic royalty. There is a silver bracelet on her hand. "This bracelet right here contains a Green Energy Crystal. Its usage?" She presses a tiny button on the side of the bracelet, where it began to make a bright green glow. It creates a green, transparent bouche shield, with the width and length to shield nearly her whole body. "It can be utilized to create shield-like forcefields that can protect you from oncoming attacks. It is very light and it can resist multiple point-blank plasma shots." She informed the councilmen, making a smug grin. "If you so wish, I can allow your men to demonstrate its durability."

Last edited:
The councilmen grew simply estatic. "No need, no need. This installation is nowhere near the right facility for the testing of defensive and offensive modules. However, despite that your own people do not know the full extent of these crystals, we must obtain this resource. We are more than capable of researching and testing these volatile minerals our own. In fact, let us have it that a portion of our findings are transmitted to your researchers. Take it as an act of gratitude and good will, should this deal conclude positively for both parties."

"Do we have a deal?"
Asked Un'Garen, motioning with his hand towards the plethora of weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
The client's smug grin grew smugger. Her providers' interest has been maxed out; there is nothing else for her to explain. "A deal has been settled." She said with a satisfied tone of voice, as she turned off her shield. "I will prepare 6,700 shipments of the Energy Crystals; three variety red, two variety green. I'll even throw in blueprints of my military weapons utilizing the Energy Crystals as a reference for how to properly integrate the crystals into your black arms. Time to prepare and ship the minerals is all that I ask. Is the offer satisfactory?" She asked, offering a handshake to seal the deal.

The eyes of the two councilman on the flanks turned onto the Grand Councilman of Authority. Ga'Brek rose from his seat to shake the hand of the Thugalek Mercantile Union's new business partner.

"We have a deal."

The client's hand squeezed tight upon exchanging handshakes with Grand Councilman Ga'Brek, her grin growing wider than before. "Excellent. I am confident to say that we will become great partners." She makes a short cackle that echoed the room, happy to be pals with the Thugaleks. This doesn't look good...

Back at the First Human Fleet flagship...
singnshock-alarm-clock-by-sankalp-sinha1.jpg
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Goes the alarm clocks in Susan's and the rest of the crew's rooms, having been set to go off at 06:00 AM. It's time to wake up.​

• Susan groaned as she flung her arm to the alarm clock to turn it off. Rising from her bed, she rubbed her eyes as she tries to wake herself completely up and prepare for another day of work. She removes the blanket off of her lap and stands up. She opens the drawer of the cabinet next to her bed and pulls out a little white remote. It had a little caption on the bottom: AUTO-MAKE BED. She presses on a little button on the remote, causing a pair of mechanical arms to grab the blanket and move it up and underneath the pillows. As it finishes its process, Susan tosses the remote back into the cabinet drawer and runs to her dresser. She opens the doors of the dresser, revealing multiple clean uniforms. She takes the first uniform she sees and quickly runs out of the bedroom.

She rushes her way to the bathroom. Grabbing a towel and placing it on the shower curtain rod, Susan places her work clothes on the toilet lid, takes off her undergarments, and enters the shower. Turning the knob on a hot setting, the showerhead spurts out steaming hot water on the captain. It'll be a while until she gets done showering.

Last edited:
  • Kokoro doesn't actually have the phone or key card, so she remains asleep thanks to not 'having' the source of the alarm. Even the dead need to sleep, as suggested - she may be asleep for a while. If anyone would notice she's missing, maybe it's best to knock on her door...

The beeping of the alarm clock woke the masked soldier, who woke without a single sound. He opened his eyes, sat up, and made sure he was all ready for the mission, and then grabbed the phone and keycard and left his room. Logic was in his mind when he realized Kokoro may not have woken up, and knocked on it.

The beeping of the alarm clock woke the masked soldier, who woke without a single sound. He opened his eyes, sat up, and made sure he was all ready for the mission, and then grabbed the phone and keycard and left his room. Logic was in his mind when he realized Kokoro may not have woken up, and knocked on it.
Once he did, he would be met with success. The ghostly girl woke up and took little time preparing herself (as most of it is practically permanent) and then she just... walked through the door. "Let me guess, wake-up?" Kokoro sighed. "6 AM... That is pretty early... Either way, thank you..."

Lux was slightly caught off-guard by her walking through the door, but he didn’t show it. And in response to her gratitude of him waking up, he simply gave her a curt nod. Lux doesn’t know where to go, and he could hear Susan showering in her room when he paced in front of all the rooms, so he thought it best to wait.

Kokoro nodded and mustered a smile - understanding. Now, there's not anywhere she needs to go - maybe it's best she waited as well...

Xu'Orz
Xu'Orz woke with a groaning as he stabbed the alarm clock's power button with a finger, turning it off. He stood from his bed, stretching his back, arms, and legs in preparation for the day. Xu'Orz momentarily stripped himself of the stirrup leggings he wore, putting on a pair of opaque white nylon socks before putting the stirrups back on. He opened a small container which in it were a pair of cough-drops. He downed them with the assistance of a glass of water he poured with the sink in his room.

Xu'Orz walked from his room, still wearing his sleeping garments, sluggishly traipsing towards the galley of the ship on a mission to get himself something to eat, and something with caffeine.

Talia was awoken by a loud, shrill beeping sound next to her bed. It was six am, and her phones alarm was going off. She grumbled does a moment, before reaching over to turn it off and effectively knocking the phone of the table. She rolled her eyes in annoyance before getting up to pick the phone up and turn it off. She got dressed quickly, grumbling a few choice words before walking to where the caffeine was.

She saw Xu,Orz in the hall, yet made zero attempt to talk to him while she walked. If she lived by any rule, it was no talky before coffee. She eventually got to where the food would be, the cafeteria and went straight to the coffee pot, making one cup for her and another cup for...... also her.

As Ma'arz roamed the halls, already perked up despite consuming no stimulates to keep him awake, he encounters the Thugalek. Xu'Orz was still walking sluggishly, obviously having been woken up recently. The Martian thought it would be a good idea to accompany him. "Salutations, Xu'Orz." Ma'arz politely greets the Thugalek. "How was your sleep? I know mine was wonderful."

Meanwhile, Kqidons was still shambling about in the halls, trying to find her way to the cafeteria so she can have breakfast. She saw Ma'arz accompanying Xu'Orz and it immediately made her jump. She wasn't filled with rage, unlike yesterday, but the Thugalek's presence does sour her mood. A lot. She kept quiet as she walks behind the duo.

Xu'Orz

"Greetings, Ma'arz." Replied Xu'Orz as he affixed himself a plate of various meats strewn with grains and spices that he promptly put into a small oven at 65.5° Celsius, and let the food set. "My sleep was, placid. I remember no dreams of any significance, however even if I found a dream of mine in any high order, I doubt I'd even remember it. Nor had I any nocturnal disturbances," He fetched a tall, black, and cylindrical mug from a nearby cupboard. Xu'Orz proceeded to set a kettle of water onto the larger stove, leaving it to boil as he took a spoonful of sugar into the mug and placed a bag of a sort of extraterrestrial tea into the mug.

"I suspect after everyone's morning routines, we'll be able to indulge once more into the cloning proce-" He stopped abruptly as the whistling of steam began to sound. Xu'Orz took the kettle from the stove and poured the contents into the mug. He stirred the concoction with a spoon, then leaving the tea to steep. "...As I was saying, we'll be able to continue the cloning process."

After getting tired of waiting for Susan, he waves bye to Kokoro, and then began to walk to the cafeteria for his very sparse and small meal of crackers and water, with very little much else. Once he got there, he saw the Thugalek that he had heard of.

• After a long while of cleaning herself up, the captain turns off the shower and opens the curtain. Her body steaming from all of the hot water that rained on her, she grabs the towel and begins to dry herself quickly. She grabs her toothbrush and toothpaste and begins her usual teeth brushing routine. After she was done, she grabs her clothes from the toilet seat and puts them on. Now finally prepared to start her day, she exits the bathroom, grabs whatever necessities she needs, and leaves her personal quarters.

Lux just picked up his sparse meal and slid a cracker under his mask when his name was called. He turned around to greet Ma’Arz and the Thugalek. Upon seeing the Thugalek, his interest was peaked and he approached the two. He set his tray on a surface and pulled his notepad out.

Greetings Thugalek. I am Lux. I do not speak.

He had written the note in native Thugalek language, so only Xu’Orz would understand what he said.

• When Susan would leave her quarters, the idle Kokoro would be there and saw her coming past - or at least, coming in the general direction. "Oh! Good morning, captain!" Kokoro said to Susan joyfully and remaining as positive as she could. "I take it you've just finished your 'morning preparations' or whatever it is one had to do, at this time in the morning?" She asked - once more remaining positive and upheld a calm nature.

Talia had her third cup of coffee in hand, looking around to see who she would have social interactions with this morning. At seeing Hamele, and recognizing her bored face, she walked up to her and turned a chair around, so that her chin rested on the back. “Morning Hamele. I take it your bored?” She asked, sipping her coffee.

When Susan would leave her quarters, the idle Kokoro would be there and saw her coming past - or at least, coming in the general direction. "Oh! Good morning, captain!" Kokoro said to Susan joyfully and remaining as positive as she could. "I take it you've just finished your 'morning preparations' or whatever it is one had to do, at this time in the morning?" She asked - once more remaining positive and upheld a calm nature.
“Yes, Miss Masaki.” The captain responds, still rubbing her eyes a little bit. “All I need to a drink to perk myself up.” Soon after saying that, a question came to her mind as she and Kokoro make their way to the cafeteria. “Even when ghosts like yourself can’t eat, do you still have... the feeling of tiredness?” She asked as she finds her way to the bar to get her morning drink.

In the meantime, she passed by Talia, who had already gotten her third cup of coffee... which is usually unhealthy for someone to down more than two cups of the high-caffeinated drink. However, the captain remained unfazed by this. “Already downed three cups of coffee, I see.” She said to Talia, treating this as a normal thing.

• “Yes, Miss Masaki.” The captain responds, still rubbing her eyes a little bit. “All I need to a drink to perk myself up.” Soon after saying that, a question came to her mind as she and Kokoro make their way to the cafeteria. “Even when ghosts like yourself can’t eat, do you still have... the feeling of tiredness?” She asked as she finds her way to the bar to get her morning drink.
    "Oh, that's fair enough. Need to have some form of life in you, after all." Kokoro gladly followed along and when asked the question, Kokoro thought about it. "In a way, yes we can feel tired. The more energy we use, much like living species, ghosts like myself are subject to that as well. In order to 'regain' that lost energy, we often need to stay invisible and just 'not' use any of our energy for anything else... Granted we could still do what we do, but - we can't be visible at all times..." Kokoro explained, hoping that would explain be answer Susan was asking for.

Talia quirked a smile at Hamele, before rolling her eyes. “Ah, Hamele, you know I never have good mornings!” She said playfully. Her attention was switched as she saw the captain, and heard her comment about her coffee. “Only three, sadly. I feel like I want a fourth, but we’re about to go on a mission. So, I must resist.” She sighed dramatically.

The Martian listened to what the Thugalek has to say and only nodded in response. “I see. However, I’m not too confident that we’ll be able to reach to that point.” He said. “Assuming that you haven’t gotten the email from Susan, we will be undergoing a mission assigned by Susan’s higher ups; specifically, the One-Earth Society’s IBRME.” He continued, saying each individual letter of the Interplanetary Bureau of Raw Mineral Extraction.

Xu'Orz caught himself, "Seems in my morning stupor, I forgot about that. I apologize. Yes, the mission onto that rogue planet. May it yield some valuable findings."
He set his tray on a surface and pulled his notepad out.

Greetings Thugalek. I am Lux. I do not speak.

He had written the note in native Thugalek language, so only Xu’Orz would understand what he said.

Xu'Orz swiveled his gaze towards the notepad presented. He stared at the words for a few moments before returning a notice. "While it was a bit difficult to make out, good morning to you as well. I must say, that dialect is a fair bit hard to read. Seems to be a pidgin or creole vernacular. Where did you learn of this dialect? A lexicon smuggled from an outer colony? Couldn't have gotten this from the Mercantile Union, with the mass embargo." Xu'Orz dismissed his rambling and train of thought, turning his attention back towards his breakfast, as the small oven began to tone. He took a thick mit and took out his meal.

Xu'Orz laid a grip onto the tea bag set into his drink, and promptly flung it into a trash bin.

Lux was about to write his response to the Thugalek’s rambling thoughts, but he didn’t bother writing it since he didn’t seem that interested. Perhaps with show of intellect or combat, Lux may earn his respect, or whatever prerequisite he must achieve. He promptly moved away from the pair to eat alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back