• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Limoliner-768x512.jpg
It was getting on even further in the day the cars rushed by the rest stop as the sky started to become a more clear midday blue. Soon a rumbling noise could be heard as finally the bus had arrived, making the classic hissing sound as it pulled in front of the rest stop and much to the surprise of anyone who had the displeasure of waiting for very long at said rest stop the bus actually looked pretty nice. It looked like a luxury bus. It was clean, and all black with tinted windows all save for the logo displaying the camp initial E.B. with the words Empty Brook written right on the front. The doors would soon open and stepping off the bus would be a man wearing a black shirt and a baseball cap with the camp logo on it along with the standard unfashionable khaki cargo shorts every camp counselor ever was required to wear by law because there was no way any of them thought it was a good idea and the only way to explain why they all wore them. He took off his sunglasses with a big smile on his face displaying as many of his perfect white teeth as possible. "Hello Empty Brook Campers and employees my name is Evan Vance and I am the director of Camp Empty Brook. I sincerely hope we didn't keep you waiting too long. I do apologize for the abysmal wait as well as the condition of this Rest Stop, but I assure you that your patience will be rewarded and that Camp Empty Brook is well worth the way. As they say when you hit rock bottom there's no place left to go but up." He then gestures behind himself, putting the bus on display as to illustrate his point. "I promise you things are only gonna get better from here on out." He said as he then began to look around at all of those in attendance and called out "Where are my student employees for the summer? Is everyone present and accounted for?" He asked checking to see if the volunteers had done the task of which they had been assigned. "If so then everyone can start loading their things on the bus and take your seats inside." He would then gesture to the bus driver as the bottom sides of the bus opened up to reveal the storage space where people could load their things especially if they had one some heavy packing. Upon entering the inside of the bus they would be greeted by the crip cool air of air conditioning and very comfortable looking seats that even had seatbelts and tables with cup holders built in, there was extra space to store luggage overhead and even a bathroom in the back. It would seem that director said was true, this was much better than sitting at the disgusting rest stop. They would also notice that there were containers containing waffle house breakfasts place on the tables in front of every seat with the plasticware placed on top of them with a bottle of orange juice in each cup holder. Perhaps they were trying to apologize for the long wait?
Grech-40-pax-int-I.png

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpg
Zylphia smiled awkwardly and waves a little as Faita told her not to scare them like that next time "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone I swear." She said putting her hands up when suddenly she heard the familiar rumbling of a bus engine and felt a wave of relief wash over her.

"Oh thank God the bus is finally here." Zylphia groaned and got up to stretch one last time before she had to sit on the bus for however long it took for them to get to camp, but that's when it hit her. Tilting her head she took a look at the bus is disbelief she half expected a crappy yellow bus with chipped and peeling paint and barely opening windows with hotter than blue blazes leather seats from being parked in the sun for hours and hours. Where everyone would have to cramp together as tightly as they could after this whole rest stop business and all. However, even though she had not been inside the bus yet she seemed to have been proven wrong instead what they got was a sleek black seemingly modern and high end the bus instead.

"Wow, it's not a complete crap bucket...it's actually not a crap bucket at all it's the largest thing from...well I'm glad I didn't bet on that...otherwise I'd owe people a decent amount of money." She said reaching under the table to grab her small suitcase and pressed the button to extend the handle, it's not that her bag was heavy she just didn't feel like picking it up and it was kind of fun to use the wheels. "So who else is ready to be up out of here!?" Zylphia asked raising her hand as she looked around to the others.

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon @Brea The Brave Feywild Feywild Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

James carefully slid his precious bottle back into his backpack and looked at the new arrival. It looked like she knew Faita and vice versa. "There's a lot of girls on this trip I guess... and they have some unique names." James thought to himself as he looked over to David, his only common name compatriot with a bit of chagrin. "Hmm Dany, Dany, Dany... ahh there you are." James said as he scanned the list. "Nice to meet you Dany, I'm James, one of the student volunteers. Hold tight for a bit! The bus should be here soon. We'll be off before you know it." Just as he said so, a distant rumbling became louder and louder until a large metallic vehicle pulled up near them.

James watched as people from inside the building started to excitedly pour out. Some of them looked bored out of their minds before, so finally seeing the bus was probably a huge relief for them. James looked at the guy who called himself Mr. Vance. James walked up to him, offering a well practiced hand shake, and said "Hello Mr. Vance, I'm James Wolff, one of the student volunteers who was asked to take attendance. Here's the list... seems like some of them aren't here yet. I'm not sure if they're sick and cancelled or are going to be dropped off at the camp later since I don't have access to that kind of information, but for the most part it seems like most people are here. Anyways, looking forward to working with you." James proceeded to load his duffel bag into the storage compartment of the bus and help others with their baggage before getting on the bus. James whistled and said "Wow, haven't been on a bus this nice before. Fannn-cy!" as he took a nearby window seat.

Last edited:
David Darwin

"...Fancy as shit bus for a camp trip? Man, maybe this wont be a bust afterall." He noted after Zy's enthusiastic...ness. The acrobat seemed to be hyped for this it seems. "Guess theres no time like the present, come on, lets get movin." He started to head to the bus... before turning around and grabbing his crap. With the bag on his back he seemed to not put it in the storage, but dragged his way inside the bus with the large bag like a bull breaking it's way into a china shop.

The bus was, as stated, pretty snazy, better than any bus he had been on before at that. Coming to a seat he took off his bag, ploped it on the seat next to the window and sat on the hallway seat. Its not that he didn't trust the bus, its that he kinda had important crap in there. Lotta stuff his mom lent him from her old army stuff.

Plus, it was soft enough to be a pillow, ish. Not really but he needed another excuse.

"Man... Wasn't expecting this!"

Eliza tapped her foot impatiently. Her elbows were on her knees as she leaned forward, her eyes looking around at all the people who would be on this trip with her. There were certainly some interesting people. They seemed to be mildly irritated at the tardiness of the bus. Eliza was more than a little peeved about it. Wasn't this supposed to be a professional organized camp activity? Being this late is unacceptable, even accounting for traffic. Eliza sighed and looked down at her watch for a moment before she heard the rumbling engines and a high pitched hiss as the bus came to a stop. "Oh thank god." she stood and slung her bag over the shoulder. Eliza followed the crowd to get a seat on the bus, which to their credit seemed to be a really nice bus. The quality of the bus was only amplified when she set foot within. She took a seat at the very back, on the right side. She tucked her bag under her seat and glanced up to the girl who asked if they were ready for this. She just sighed in response.

Eliza did not want to be here. But at the same time... they had waffles.
She started to eat at the plate she was given rather quickly. She didn't have time for breakfast so this was a welcomed meal.

[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/a4/e4/29a4e4508515d6cc47fd23d0ae42c9fd.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:93%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:white; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; text-align:center; padding:0.5%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:54%; border:3px solid black; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 280px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

Note: "< >" is for thoughts.​

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class=Pic]
    5df4a5eded990bff8fb826bb0ac687fc-anime-dark-adoption-jpg.634624
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    Faita Queens

[div class=scroll] I couldn't help chuckling at Danira's little rant about how weird it was that she showed up at my house. No, no, it was nothing like a mock, life's just amusing sometimes, that's all. In fact, ain't it more normal to take it in my stride, little coincidences likes?

"Yeah, especially because I live in the middle of the woods. I didn't even know we HAD a neighbourhood, let alone neighbours. Must've been on the other side of the hill or somethin'..." with a grin plastered on my face I slammed my hand against hers for a good, hearty shake. "Well then, pleasure to meet you again. My name is Faita, Faita Queens. I look forward to working with you!"

Ah, but the girl's hand felt a little stiff somehow. Oh, maybe I used too much force? I really should watch myself. One always think they're just a normal girl until they accidentally smash a door... among other things. Even if I wasn't, Danira was one of the few girls here that didn't to have that built a body, so maybe she was feeling intimidated or something? Maybe it was because she was nervous, but she tried to divert the attention, offering us stuff and all that. Well, I was best playing along I guess, maybe that'd help her feel safer around me.

Plus, you know, free stuff!

"Sure, I'll take you up on that offer! I mean, I couldn't live at my OWN HOME if I wasn't able to tolerate a few measley bugs, but they're still pretty annoying sometimes, especially when ya start to bubble up and wake up with spider webs in your face and all that crap... So if you're sharing, I'll have some of that repellant. Snacks we can save for later, don't you think? Maybe for the trip, we don't even know if they'll give us any food until we get to...wherever the actual destination is." Come to think of it, that's one detail nobody had mentioned yet, had they? There was a summer camp, but where was the place exactly? Ah, what the heck, if I insisted on the topic I'd just seem stupider. It was probably in that email I couldn't open.

Someone who looked absolutely how one would expect a corny teacher to look showed up then, and invited us to go to the bus. They even said they hit rock bottom, but there were actual functioning facilities around here...unless the bathroom didn't work? I didn't really test it. I shrugged off the thought and raised my hand when they asked about where the student employees were.

"Aye aye, we're here sir! It's me, this girl in the coat and the one who's got the names is the guy with the plank here." I pointed at James with my thumb before he ran off to go talk to the guy personally. I decided to just let the two of them talk and go do as told first. I didn't have much luggage anyway, just a small leathery bag barely holding itself together, it was just a summer camp. Worse case scenario there was probably somewhere I could gather some food. Well, first I still wanted to take Danira up on her offer, but it seemed like she was talking to someone else now, so I just went and walked away.

...​

Soon as I arrived at the bus, and saw the food laid out, and the large tables and all the fancy furniture, I just couldn't help thinking <If they can afford this kind of crap, can't they afford to pay us a little better?>. Well, that was just wishful thinking, and it wasn't like I had anything so far anyways, so I had no right to complain even if I didn't get any payment at all. Hopefully I'd be entitled to a complaint or two by the end of this journey.

I went straight to my seat of choice, the same kind of window seat everyone else seemed to take, and hey, why would you try to fix what isn't broken, right? Being able to look out there if I got bored, and if everyone took a window seat nobody would have to bother with anyone else, there was plenty of leftover room for that anyway. I completely sank into my back seat and looked up at the ceiling of the bus, trying to relax, a memory assaulted me, got me pondering... maybe I had been too harsh with backflip girl back then. I mean, she was also kind of at fault, but you know, well, ah what the hell...

~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~​

"Hmph, we all know you didn't mean to backflip girl, just, you know... gah, forget it..." I told the girl when she apologized, then pocketed my hands and walked away from her and clicked my tongue.

~~~~~~~~~~Flashback Over~~~~~~~~~~​

Maybe I should apologize later? Nah, she probably forgot it by now. People were like that, quick to forget small things like that.

I was the only one that always remembered the shit I did.

[/div][/div]
    [/div]

Interacting With: Coco Adel Coco Adel (teacher and Zylphia) @Brea The Brave
Mentions: -Mork- -Mork- (Milo) Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon
Might Want to Read: N/A

Last edited:
Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Again Danira felt like her guts would have jumped right out of her mouth when Faita mentioned the fact that she lived in the woods and didn't know they had neighbors. Damn it, how could she forget that? Was she aware that she was lying was this a flex? Well technically she was looking for a family member she hadn't seen in a long time, well ever actually as she was to understand it, he wasn't even present when she was born. She was a bit taken aback when Faita somewhat explained her living conditions. Waking up to Spiderwebs in the morning? Was this a side effect of living in the woods or just bad living conditions, she wasn't sure her parents both had decent jobs and made good money, yes her father's job was very dangerous but still, she wasn't sure she could understand the idea of spiders being comfortable enough in her house to make webs on her face while she slept, maybe one was dumb enough to crawl on her every now and again but never that.

She did notice that her grip was pretty strong, she had a pretty good grip herself from years of martial arts training but she tended not to show that off, she didn't broadcast her skills to people so they would underestimate her. In the words of the great Ned Stark when she has to fight for real she doesn't want them to know what she's capable of, not that she planned to fight Faita at all, far from it...poor Ned he deserved better. "Oh yes I hear neighbors are few and far between out there."

As Faita agreed to use some repellent she handed her a bottle and allowed her to use it when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a boy blonde hair and a beanie, kindly asking her if he could use her repellent. "Um, sure just a second." She had about 3 bottles, she was sure they had more at the camp but her father, of course, insisted she brings extra and so she handed the boy off a bottle of repellent to use and as soon as she handed it to him she could hear the hissing of the bus as it came in to park.

A man stepped out looking as one would expect a camp worker to look, and she for one was sincerely hoping that type of attire wasn't mandatory for the employees, maybe she could wear the polo but for the love of God not the khakis. She raised an eyebrow inquisitively as the man claimed himself to be the director and it seemed...odd to her. Why would the director come for something as trivial as picking up campers, isn't that usually a job for a counselor? She shook her head, she was thinking about this too much her father had thoroughly grilled them over the phone he was a detective after all she was sure he did as deep and thorough a background check as he possibly could on them otherwise he'd have never allowed her to go and the worse he had this morning were gripes and nitpick's. "I suppose we should get on now," She said putting her bag back on her shoulders as she walked up to the director to make her presence known before getting on the surprisingly nice bus. She smirked and took a picture of it with her phone and sent it to him with the caption 'this is the type of show they're running now stop lurking behind the bushes' just to mess with him a little bit and let him know she was alright and almost immediately after she received a test from him saying 'mother wouldn't let me. Have fun 💝' she shook her head and again felt a smile creeping up on her face as she put the phone away in her jacket pocket. She could see Faita sitting in the back by a window and walked back placing her bag in the overhead storage and took a seat. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Coco Adel Coco Adel

Last edited by a moderator:
975-Interstate-Featured-Custom.jpg

Once everyone had said their final goodbyes to parents, friends or loved ones, packed up their things and taken their seats upon the bus the director stepped onboard, standing in the middle of the aisle as he addressed the passengers before their voyage began. "Alright, now we're gonna try and make this ride as smooth as possible, but don't think just because we're spoiling you now that you won't be getting the true campers experience this summer trust and believe you will have plenty of opportunities to explore that. Now without further delay, let's get this bus moving!" Some of that other campers cheered as she said this clapping in relief and excitement that they would finally be on their way. He then places his hand on the bus driver's shoulder nodding his head before he took his seat right behind him and with the rumbling of the engine, the bus had finally started to move getting on the highway and leaving the shabby rest stop behind, waving into traffic as it made its way down the highway. Now all the future campers could do is converse with one another until they arrived.

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpg

Zylphia sat down tracking a seat by the window after putting her small suitcase in the overhead storage, putting on her seatbelt and opening up the breakfast. It was a standard breakfast, waffles, eggs, and sausage. She was more of steak eggs and hash browns kind of gal if she had a choice but she supposed they did have to play it safe after all there was no way to know what all the campers would want, but standard breakfast wasn't bad either...god help them if someone on this bus was a vegan or vegetarian though. As always, she took a piece of sausage and some eggs together and started to eat, having left the suspect chips on the picnic table but let's face it she wasn't going to eat that, let come of it what may.

She made sure her phone was in her pocket and leaned back in her seat so she could enjoy the ride there as the bus started and they were on their way, watching the cars and buildings fly by as they started to drive out into the open country, seeing far off farmhouses and tons of crops, mostly corn as they were on their way. She wondered what it would be like actually camping as the director said. The closest she'd gotten to actually camping was sitting next to a fire roasting hotdogs or marshmallows, making s'mores. Speaking of shores she knew she should have bought that shores frappuccino at the store before she came...god that would be good right now. Oh well she'd survive without it.

12f24b76ef7811aeb1e2a8c33d4c3fa7.jpg

The chatter and whir of the bus in motion was a nice sound to hear. After so much waiting, they were finally on their way to the Empty Brook summer camp. 'I hope I can get reception out there...' Thinking to himself wordlessly, Milo went through his bag just to make sure for the fifth time that he had everything he wanted to have for this trip. It'd be a whole three months...

Milo chewed on his food and ate it rather slowly, clearly wanting to savor every bit just in case the ride to camp was super long.
'Maybe I should've asked Pa where this place even is? Oh well, it's not exactly like I'm an impatient person.' Once he'd finished going through his bag, Milo momentarily stood up just to put it in the luggage area just above him. It was nice that this was a fancy bus and not a school bus, otherwise he would've had to just put it on the floor so he could sit more comfortably. But there was part of him that felt bad for kids that got dropped off by their parents to go to school every day... they would never know how nice it felt to just prop your legs up on the seat in front of you and watch the world pass you by.

Shortly after putting his bag in the space above him, he nibbled on his breakfast sausage slowly. As he did so though, he glanced around to see who all was around him; this was more so a survival instinct than a friendly one however. '
Dude chill. They're probably fine. Even if they aren't... you can always ignore them or something.' Milo finished his sausage and took a deep breath. This trip would be fun. No one was going to bully him here. It's not like he's forced to sit next to anyone by a specified order or anything, so even if something did come up he could always just move himself away from his current back seat.

Last edited:
[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/a4/e4/29a4e4508515d6cc47fd23d0ae42c9fd.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:93%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:white; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; text-align:center; padding:0.5%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:54%; border:3px solid black; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 280px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class=Pic]
    5df4a5eded990bff8fb826bb0ac687fc-anime-dark-adoption-jpg.634624
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    Faita Queens

[div class=scroll] When the girl who had so kindly offered me free- I mean the repellant earlier walked up and asked me whether she could sit with me, I really couldn't help but crack a light chuckle.

"I mean, sure why not. You already seem to have made yourself at home anyway." I pointed to the overhead storage where she'd placed her bag, then adjusted myself in my seat against my shoulder's protests. To tell the truth it was a little bit bothersome to have someone else on top of me during a trip, especially seeing how much room there was for everyone. Plus, it wasn't as comfortable a position as before. Turning her down now would probably be a little too mean spirited though, not to mention she left me in a better mood, so I suppose this would just have to be an exception to the rule. With nothing better to do until I got more comfortable again, I opened the breakfast container and grabbed some orange juice, then raised the glass at Danira with a grin. "See? Told you they might have snacks for the trip. They don't look half-bad either. Here's to nobody having a weak stomach! Cheers!"

After that pseudo-toast and possibly a bit of chatter, we were interrupted by the director's little speech, and I started eating. I realized soon enough that the mood had been left hanging, a sudden, somewhat awkward silence. To be honest, I didn't usually get in conversations in buses either. I either got to relax by the window seat, or was made to watch in the seat in front of my friends, keeping an eye out for any boys with "funny ideas". Right now though, even Danira seemed to be fidgeting in her seat. It was like she wanted to say something, but was hesitating for some reason. That or...

"Do you need to pee or something?" I inquired. I quickly realized that wasn't quite accurate. "Ahaha. Well, I guess not. Uhm... thanks again for the repellant earlier. Were you texting your parents earlier? What do they do for a living? Also, well, how old are you? I mean, we're pretty close in height and all, but I can't help but think you look so... petite? Ah, I'm sorry, what am I saying. I can just be a bit blunt sometimes, nevermind the question. Plus I guess I of all people am not really a great judge of what a 'normal' highschool girl looks like. "

I rubbed the back of my head and ate a bit more of my breakfast.

[/div][/div]
    [/div]

Interacting With: @Brea The Brave
Mentions: Coco Adel Coco Adel (teacher)
Might Want to Read: N/A

Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Danira laughed a little seeing that Faita was right, she had already pretty much made herself at home when the bus started moving. She raised her orange juice bottle and participated in the pseudo toast before things got awkwardly silent between them. She wanted to say something but she had absolutely no idea what to talk about as usual...she supposed she could just blurry out the truth...that'd give them plenty to talk about, but she wasn't stupid she knew she couldn't just drop that on her.

After some time had passed, she asked her if she had to pee and for a moment Danira almost spit up the orange juice she was drinking, not because the idea particular disturbed her but because it just kind of came out of nowhere. Well, she supposed she was fidgeting a lot she supposed upon observation she'd think she needed to pee as well. That or she was possibly on drugs and as she was thankful she didn't think that first. She then started some topics of discussion thank God because Danira was drawing a blank on that front. "No, problem mosquitos are horrible living beings they spread disease and give people itchy bumps." She said making a bit of a joke before moving on "Uh, yeah I was. My mom's a forensics scientist and my Dad's a detective they both work for the same department so they work together a lot...which is a lot. As to how old I am, I am 17 surprisingly because I was under the impression that I was the average height for a girl but apparently as I have been informed several times I am among the shorties of the world and will likely have to provide identification for every bar I go to when I hit 21, but what about you? How old are you and what do your parents do? If you don't mind me asking?" She said, taking another sip of orange juice a bit confused about her last comment "I mean what qualifies as normal? My hobbies include solving mysteries and crimes. I'm currently working out my own conspiracy theories and am about a thread board away from becoming The Question." She said, attempting to make her feel better in case she for some reason felt like she was weird.

Idea Idea

b04cab2124b3c7ef064eb3fd148f7a67.jpg
The drive lasted for what seemed to be a little over an hour, but it wasn't an issue as it was now summer and the days we're now longer thanks to that fact so thankfully they'd still have plenty of daylight to burn. Soon the cornfields gave way to a sea of trees that lead into a clearing revealing their desired location Camp Empty Brook in the back there would be a large log-style lodge, with a large more rectangular box-style building that like all the other buildings in the came had a log cabin type aesthetic to it and another that was more box shape on the other side. There was a large field next to it and an almost completed circle of cabins next to it with what seemed to be a gathering area in the middle of them. There was also a trail that leads off into the woods and nearby was babbling brook that put into the forest in the opposite direction of the dirt path. The bus pulled up next to the cabins and made a hiss as it came to stop. They finally had arrived. The director got up and the campers would then start file out of the bus to get their things. He would welcome them to the camp and inform them of where everything was.

In Summary, The Large Lodge was where non-student staff members would stay as well as being the site for the energy on-site medical bay and the rec center which was downstairs as the counselors would be sleeping upstairs. The large rectangular building was the mess hall and the other box-like building was the equipment shed with all the field equipment and supplies, the cabins were obviously where all the campers would be staying with the girls on the left and the boys on the right and informed them there would be a restroom inside each cabin but the residents of the cabin would have to share. The field was for field activities and the dirt trail was the hiking trail that also leads to the outdoor camping site as well as the larger lake not too far away from them. With that, he gave them permission to start settling in and enjoying themselves and as for his student volunteers, he informed them that they wouldn't have to start working until tomorrow so they could also spend this day simply enjoying themselves as well.

{Since there are not that many of us, just pretend you all got paired together and the rest of the campers are obviously NPC's}

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpgZylphia had stepped off the bus, retrieving her small suitcase from the overhead storage and waited outside with everyone else as the director explained what was what and told them to all get settled in. After the camp counselors assigned them to their cabins she stepped inside of the place she would be sleeping for the next 3 months and it didn't look half bad, she wasn't sure how she felt about the bunk beds but she supposed she could deal with it and just placed her suitcase near one of the bottom bunks figuring she could always unpack it later. Now the only question that remained was figuring out what she wanted to do today. There was plenty of daylight outside would it be too early to go to the lake for a swim on the first day? What hiking too ambitious? She hadn't even stopped to consider what kind of wildlife they had out here. "Maybe I should just stick around here with everyone else, for now, no need to get too overly excited after all we just got here and I don't even know who my roommates are."
log-cabin-interior-design-pictures-look-siding-modern-rustic-ideas-style-motivation-home-impro...jpg

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon @Brea The Brave
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Eliza looked up from the window she had been absent-mindedly staring out of the entire ride. "Oh, we're here." she said to herself before reaching down to grab her bags. She put her backpack on and picked up her suitcase before trudging out of the bus. Her amber eyes looked up to the building before them. "I bet it's haunted," she told anyone around them before following the other girls to the cabin they were staying in. She wordlessly passed by Zylphia and claimed a bed on the back wall towards the right. There was an outlet next to the bed. She placed down her luggage and kicked off her shoes. <Back to it.> she thought to herself as she pulled out her laptop. Plugging it in to try and (hopefully) find some wifi. "Please have wifi. Please have wifi." she begged to the gods. She had better things to do than roast marshmallows, whittle, canoe, and whatever else you do at camp.

Coco Adel Coco Adel
(And anyone else who enters the cabin for girls)

image0.png

Upon arrival, the director... well... gave directions and sorted everyone out to their respective cabins, as well as explaining the different areas of the considerably large camp. The sun in the sky Evelyn's phone told the shortie that there was still a decent amount of time before they'd have to go to bed, meaning that as long as she could see she could climb. Maybe it'd get her in trouble if she did that? She wasn't exactly sure how coddling this place was, so she couldn't tell unless she asked but if she were to ask then she'd lose her ability to climb and play ignorant the first time she would get called out.

'Whatever...' She thought, 'I can at least go for a run on a trail or something.' Vee yawned and stretched before making her way over to the girls cabin she'd been assigned to. Some other kids had given her weird looks and one even laughed when she'd originally woke up on the bus, but she figured it was just because she'd slept the whole time. Little did she know, in black permanent marker there was a cat nose and whiskers sitting very non-discreetly on her small face.

Reaching the cabin, she entered and quickly claimed an empty top bunk next to one of the girls she hadn't quite met yet.
'Oo I wish I could pull off bright colors like that...' She thought to herself as she dove into her bunk. "I don't think this place has any wifi though..." Her small now-decorated face peeked out at the other girl as she spoke.

Almost immediately after the director gave his speech and armed everyone with information about the camp, Milo made his way over to his specified cabin. He opened the door with a little anxiety, worried that the building might not look... as nice... on the inside. Much to his relief however, it was; the bunks were built into the wall and looked incredibly comfortable--unlike ones he'd seen elsewhere at other summer camps, there were little personal lanterns for each bed as well, and even a cute table sat next to a wall.

'Dibs.' Without hesitation the blonde took out his sketchbook, tossed his gray backpack on an empty top bunk, and resumed drawing at the table.

(Vee: interacting with Duke of Doge Duke of Doge , nearby Coco Adel Coco Adel & anyone else in the girls cabin )
(Milo: interacting with no one, nearby anyone in the guys cabin)

Last edited:

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpgZylphia had taken one of the top bunks, what could she say she enjoyed the railing, though she did suspect it would conflict with her suitcase being tucked away in the corner on the floor. Just as she was about to go out and see what she could find to she notices a girl had come in and sit down immediately pulling out a laptop searching for Wifi. "Hi, my name's Zylphia and-" just at that moment Vee, can bursting in and don't straight into the top bunk next to hers informing the girl that is was unlikely that they would have Wifi. Zylphia nodded in agreement to this then got an idea. "Maybe there's Wifi in the lodge, they said the rec center is downstairs and I'm sure the counselors have to have some kind of internet connection in there I mean they did send the volunteers emails though that does kind of defeat the purpose of camp to spend the entire summer indoors vitamin D is good for us after all." She said when she suddenly noticed the artwork upon Vee's face and had to use every once in her willpower not to laugh and still ended up chuckling.

"Uh...Vee. I think you might want to use the restroom before you go out again and...maybe wash your face...like scrub it really good." Zylphia said patting her on the head, unable to help herself from doing it at least once. Before turning back to Eliza trying not to laugh too much. "Um, I'm sorry what was your name!" She said as she burst out laughing, unable to hold it back anymore and ended up collapsing on the floor sitting next to the beds and put her hand up "I'm sorry I really do want to know your name it's just!" she then pointed up at Vee's face so she would know what she meant.
-Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Eliza looked up from her laptop her gaze slooooowly shifted up to Vee. Her somewhat bored expression grew a smile. The girl then heard Zylphia mention vitamin D. <Vitamin D, more like. Vitamin don't need it. Goteem.> Eliza thought to herself before speaking. "Perhaps it was done on purpose?" she tilted her head as she looked at Vee's kitty whiskers. Eliza covered her mouth as she stifled a giggle at the other girl's outburst of laughter. Which quickly subsided. "I'm Eliza." she said with a bright grin, perhaps this trip wouldn't be so bad after all? Pranks are funny. As long as they aren't happening to you. "Hello." she gave a small wave.
Coco Adel Coco Adel -Mork- -Mork-

image0.png

Tilting her head in confusion as it was given a pat, Vee uneasily got out of her top bunk and landed on her springy legs. What were they on about? Was there something on her? 'Do I still have drool on my face...?' Glancing between the two and their reactions, she hesitantly ran into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "What the??!" What met her lit her face a very bright red.

'How long has this been here??!!? And who even did this??!'
Evelyn ran the water and started trying to wash her face, scrubbing it harder when she noticed it didn't seem to be coming off. Scrub, scrub, scrub. After several minutes of the sound of running water, a defeated Vee returned from the bathroom and back to the land of the living. A still damp hand was to one of her now bright red cheeks as she reentered the other girls' field of vision. Unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on who you ask--the whiskers and triangular nose still sat on her face, albeit slightly less bold of a black. All of her hard work and she hadn't been able to get off almost any of it.

"It uh... isn't coming off. I don't think it will be for a few days..." She admitted in defeat, taking a deep breath and stuffing a hand into her backpack that sat on her bed. "Yolo!" As it returned, her hand clutched something slim, small, and black and ran back to the bathroom with new vigor. 'Might as well make it as cute as possible if I have to live with it!'

( Interacting with Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Coco Adel Coco Adel , nearby anyone else in the girls cabin)

Last edited:
As James got off the bus with his luggage and back pack, he took a deep breath and exhaled. He hated long trips and buses. Despite how luxurious and spacious the bus may have been, James felt too stuffy there. He started stretching and reaching for this toes. A lot of the kids went off to their rooms, without a doubt many would stay in their rooms and hang out with their cabin mates, try to make some new friends. But, James wanted to take a moment for himself and walk around before spending the night inside his cabin. They had just arrived here after all! He wanted to walk around a bit after sitting so long and it would provide him the opportunity to looks around the camp grounds a bit. Thus, James just picked up his duffel bag, picked a random direction and started to walk with no particular goal in mind. He just wanted to walk for a bit and get some fresh air while it was bright outside.

Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Their conversation had been cut short by the bus stopping as they arrived at their destination. It was a bit inconvenient but they were going to be working together all summer so she'd have plenty of time to converse with her over the next 3 months for now. She simply got off the bus throwing her backpack over her shoulders. "I suppose I'll be seeing you then." Danira says waving a no doubt temporary farewell to Faita as she stepped off of the bus and listened to the director's instructions. While she could have gone straight to her cabin, she decided against it for a very simple reason.

First, she had just been riding on a bus for a while and didn't feel like going inside just yet, while she could just drop off her bag and go. This brought her to the second reason. While she didn't want to assume anything she wanted to take her time getting to the Cabin in order to be very sure of whom she was bunking with. She was sure if she went there later that everyone she'd be sharing a cabin with would most certainly be present that way if any of her stuff went missing she'd know exactly who the prime suspects were. Hopefully, this would not be needed, but better safe than sorry right? She wasn't particularly concerned about where she slept, all the other girls could out their bunks and whichever one was left she'd take that one that way everyone could be happy with their sleeping arrangements and no one has to go through that awkward bargaining and bunk trading phase.

For now, she'd get to know her surroundings, get familiar with where everything was. That's when a thought occurred to her. Were there any differences between the boys and girls' cabins? She supposed she wouldn't know unless she actually went to the cabin to begin with, which she was not ready to do, but she supposed she could take a peek at the boys...then again, this seemed like a bad idea, especially being an employee and on the first day. She shook her head, "I'm sure there is no difference in the cabins whatsoever, therefore there is no need to look I mean they look the same on the outside there is no reason to believe it's any different inside."

Idea Idea -Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Orikanyo Orikanyo Coco Adel Coco Adel

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpgZylphia feels conflicted when Vee comes put of the bathroom, red-cheeked with slightly faded but still clearly visible cat nose and kitty whiskers on her face, it would seem that someone had taken the extra mile to use a permanent marker on her face which meant this might take a while "Don't worry about it, it'll come off eventually, but hey at least it was something cute and not something gross or stupid. I mean I hear toothpaste works but it's up to you, we can get all experimental in here or you can walk around like an adorable kitty." Zylphia said trying to look on the bright side of things though it didn't seem like Vee needed much help in that department she seemed to have fully intended upon embarrassing her new nose and whiskers while they lasted. "Gotta admit though that was diabolical. I mean who needs a permanent marker on a camping trip?"

She then smiles as Eliza giving her a wave "Hello, Eliza, it's nice to meet you. I guess we'll be getting to know each other these next 3 months or at least sleeping in the same cabin. So judging by your instant wifi search I'm guessing you're one of the kids whose parents made them come?" Zylphia asked if it was true she'd be the second person she knew who was in the same situation today. Sure she saw some other kids who didn't seem too happy to be there but Eliza and David were the only two people she'd actually spoken to. Of course, since she'd been going to camps for as long as she could remember, albeit not for the same reasons as the trip she was on she was pretty used to these types of situations, sharing a room with other girls that is. She did have to admit this was a bit of a different experience for her as at least a training camp she knew why everyone was there, to improve their gymnastics skills and stay sharp for the next competition season and make the milestones required to qualify for the Olympics. This was the first time she'd ever gone camping purely for fun and relaxation, it was the first time she'd ever been to camp with people who had different motivations like summer employment or simply didn't want to be there, to begin with, it was kind of interesting to her. "To be honest with you, I've never been to a camp just for fun, it feels a little weird, nice but weird all the same."

Interactions: -Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo

David Darwin

Okay... So... Socializing on the bus was a bust. Largely due to the fact David fell asleep nearly three seconds into the drive. The seats were comfy, chatter wasn't to loud. All he could do was shut his eyes for a second, sink deep into his seat and let out a sigh of relief. He was going to the camp, a morning scramble was over, he had nothing to worry about for the rest of...

He opened his eyes to people getting off the bus, the young man groggily looked around as he tried to remember what in the fresh hell just happened, wiping away abit of drool from his mouth, fixing his shirt, patting the strange floof that was his newly acquired bedhead, and finally gathering himself for the exiting of the bus.

His hazy eyes stared at the scene before him, as his feet simply plodded along, following the others. The world seemed to flow at such a rapid pace he couldn't really understand what was being said to him. Arrangements? Were they all gonna be in a cabin together? No.. Separate cabins.

Damn.

Getting the info he needed, after some silent mental debates on if he heard the words correctly, he simply decided to follow one of the few other guys to the cabin. Things seemed to flow by without issue, he ploped his large load of crap on a bottom bunk and sat down for a second to rub his eyes and wake up for the second time today....

"Hey, yo, did you catch anything that guy said? I was still half asleep...

... Wait weren't you with us at the rest stop? Shitty building, bunch of girls, all strangely attractive, one of them did a backflip." David began speaking to the one other guy he had seen thus far, not including volunteer folks for the camp. "Oh, name is David, guess we're neighbors for three months... Diagonally, I guess." He had taken the bottom bunk next to the other guy's set, his was a straight shot from the enterance so it makes enough sense for his sleep addled brain to go right for it. He only hoped this other dude was cool, or this may end up a long three months...

Had a feeling he would be seeing alot of the blondie.

"...No seriously whatd with these girls man?" He ended off with a stretch, beginning the standard guy talk.

-Mork- -Mork-

Eliza nods. "Not particularly. The only camp I'd want to go to would be like a LARP camp. But this is just a... camp camp." she said with a shrug. "I don't even know what we are supposed to be doing here." she plugs in a wireless mouse and tests it a bit on the bedsheet, wiggling it back and forth before it worked. Then she opened up a game of Civ and started casually playing it. "So. Yeah. Unless you guys want to do something or play a game of some kind. I'm just going to stick to my own devices." She refocused on her game. It was true she didn't want to be here, and she'd rather do what she normally does, however, she didn't dismiss the prospect of making new friends altogether. They would be stuck together for a while after all. Maybe Eliza could get them into the things she liked as well!
-Mork- -Mork- Coco Adel Coco Adel

c009e471-a72d-4e0a-a9f8-d2d2d5dc1fa8-jpeg.636733

After a minute or two, Vee returned once again with her eyeliner in hand. While she didn't use makeup everyday, she was glad she did use it from time to time--otherwise she wouldn't have had it here with her! Her whiskers and cat nose had become a little more details, and there were now also spots at the base of her whiskers as well as a small heart shape on her left cheek.

Upon hearing Eliza not know what to even do at a summer camp, Vee grinned.
"Well it's obvious! Get yourself a rival and try to outdo them at everything! What else would you do?" While she went on about rivals, the girl leapt above Eliza and into her own bunk. She wanted to do things, but hanging out with her new friends was too nice. Besides... she didn't really want to go outside and do stuff alone. Either she was staying inside and meeting her new friends, or she was going to drag them outside with her! The only issue with going outside was... "OH MY GOD IS THAT CIV??"

Hearing the cabin door open, Milo gave a curious glance towards the entrance. A very obviously drowsy boy made his way to the first bed he saw, the bottom bunk just one set away from his own top bunk. '
He must not be used to long rides...' He thought to himself. Milo nodded in response to his first question and replied with his light accent.

"Oh yeah, he was basically just explaining the layout and that we had the rest of today to ourselves. Apparently the actual camp activities only start tomorrow.." Then the sleepy boy seemed to recognize him, starting to trail off about the girls at camp. He quickly changed the subject again and introduced himself as David, stretching and asking about the girls again after he did so. Pausing his drawing for a moment, he stretched in his chair and turned towards the other guy. It seemed David's minor drowsiness was somewhat contagious.

"Nice to meet you, typ. I'm Milo." Milo stretched in the chair again and then stifled a yawn, continuing in his trademark quiet voice. "I guess active girls go to active camps, though I think I missed the chick that did a backflip... Was it cool?" Now, he gently shut his sketchbook and gave more of his attention to David than he had originally. Since he wasn't sure what was in store for the rest of the summer camp, the somewhat shorter boy had decided that making a friend was a good idea.

(FOOTNOTE: Typ is essentially just the way to say Dude in German)
(Vee: interacting with Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Coco Adel Coco Adel , nearby anyone else in the girls cabin)

(Milo: interacting with Orikanyo Orikanyo , nearby anyone in the guys cabin)

Last edited:
Danira Lovell

1118full.jpg
Danira had taken a walk around the main site, she wasn't entirely sure if it would be a good idea to go down the hiking trail just yet though she was interested in seeing the outdoor camping site she instead decided to go back to the Cabin for a moment to drop off her bag at the very least. She supposed by this time everyone would have arrived by now and if not by lights out she would know all of whom she was bunking with. She just thought she would feel a lot less restricted and freer if she wasn't lugging her backpack around.

She stepped up the stairs leading into her assigned cabin, listening to the thud of her boots on the wooden steps and onto the porch. She opened up the door and stepped inside and was greeted by the faces of 3 other girls, two of which she somewhat recognized from the rest stop and a third that she was seeing for the first time today.

She looked around and found a free bottom bunk and tossed her bag into the corner of her bad before turning back to her future bunkmates for the next 3 months adjusting the gloves on her hands, she tugs on them a bit to make sure they are safely sand tightly onto her hands and fixes her tie a little before giving them all a slight wave. "Hello, my name is Danira Lovell, but Dany will be fine. I suppose I'll be your bunkmate this summer." She said turning to Vee and Zylphia "I believe I met you two briefly at the rest stop, but forgive me I forget if told me your names or not." She explained starting at Vee for a moment observing the clear vandalism of her face. It didn't seem to bother her much though, there was a bit of a pause an awkward silence of you will before turning to Eliza as if she had seen nothing and nothing happened "However, I am more than sure this is my first time meeting you today"

-Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Coco Adel Coco Adel

Last edited by a moderator:
David Darwin

David looked at the guy with a raised eyebrow."Was it cool? How often you see somebody pull off a backflip?" he scratched his head, unsure what to think about this dude. "Well... Regardless, at least they aren't planning to break us till tomorrow, I mean, not like we'll be dropped into the middle of the woods with nothing but the clothes on our back and told "Sink or swim bitcheeeeeeees!"" the guy laughed off his crap joke. "Don't know if anybody would pay for that type of shit, masochistic survivalists like that one guy on T.V?"

The young man leaned against a nearby wall and examined Milo as if inspecting something on him. "Hmm... Well Milo, one guy to another, your answer to this question shall judge if we can, or cannot become friends.

It is very important that you answer honestly, and theres no judgment.

The question is....

T or A?

Which is better?"

David's expression became very serious, the fate of their future friendship rested upon this answer... What kind of man was Milo, it all was rooted upon THIS ONE QUESTION! granted, he would only ask girls this question as well if he knew they were cool with that, their answers are equally as important and typically weigh the true weight of their friendship in the balance... T... or A... A question that is simple.. But deeply philosophical within one's heart of hearts.

Indeed, you could play the bullshit card and go with something else or exclaim you prefer personality. but that goes without saying!!! Who doesn't prefer a matching personality!? This is no matter of romance, it is base, barebones, down to the core!

For the trick to this,

is not a matter of what his answer is,

he could answer with anything beyond T or A!!!

is if he answers at all!!!!!!

In this mere moment David judges Milo's very worth!!!!!!

-Mork- -Mork-

Last edited:
"Yeah that's fair, it'd be neat to see flips more often to be honest." Milo cracked a smile at the other guy's jokes and felt a laugh escape at one point. But that's when it got serious. When his strength of character was put on the line. 'T or A..?... Oh.' It took him a moment to figure out what David was asking about. His gaze narrowed just a little and he didn't dwell on his answer. Whether it would pass in David's eyes or not, Milo already knew damn well what was more important to him. This wasn't a trick question; the guy before him wanted a straight answer... literally.

"I'll have to go with:"
Bridging his thumbs and pointers together, his fingers solidly made an 'A' shape. It was indeed an unconventional test of character for David to bestow upon him, but it was a telling test that he was well willing to undergo. This test wasn't exactly new to him and each tester had their own ideals that sometimes strayed from his own, but Milo had a distinct feeling that he'd be perfectly alright this time around.

For unlike many other men, he was convinced he was one of culture. He knew in his heart of hearts the true way. As for guys... he wasn't nearly as sure what drew him in with them. Pecs of steel? Those goddamn cheekbones? Maybe one day he'd know as well as he did with his preference in girls.

(Interacting with: Orikanyo Orikanyo , nearby: anyone else in the guys cabin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back