• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
David Darwin

Standing before Milo David stood still as a statue, his expression indiscernible as he stepped forward and looked Milo directly in the eyes.

A stern pair of eyes met the blonde's, one that pierced through any haze of uncertainty or deception.

Was this young man truthful? Was he lieing? David knew well what people would do to try and gain support or recognition of another...

But this young man...

His heart...

It was pure...

David smirked, and nodded. "The answer didn't matter, could have even said something not mentioned, but you answered truthfully and without beating around the bush. No matter what happens, I got your back." David gave his seal of approval of Milo, a big smile popping up on his face. "I'm an ass man, but abs... They can be breathtaking." he cleared his throat before nodding. "Well? Lets go and meet our neighbors." David motioned Milo to follow him out the door. he wouldn't stop to explain himself, and if Milo followed him or not it didn't matter.

He was heading right for the female cabins. "Wonder how that small little Vee is doing, cute as a button that one. Zy is the one who did a backflip by the way, you'll know her when you see her. Can't say much for the other girl, Pure white hair tho, from what i saw shes got a nice... yea know." he continued his march until he got to the cabin. "Game plan, meeting up and seeing if anybody wants to come look around with us, you get me?" he looks towards where he images Milo would be if he came... Hopefully he wasn't talking to himself the whole time...

..if so.. Well..

Wouldn't be the first time.

-Mork- -Mork-
Now outside girl's cabins.

12f24b76ef7811aeb1e2a8c33d4c3fa7.jpg
Milo felt a little uncomfortable as David's forested eyes stared into his own almost grayish eyes. With unease, he leaned back in the wooden chair a little bit and tried to not look away. While the silence and emotionless eyes staring into his soul was unsettling, he'd definitely had to deal with much worse by the hands of more menacing people.

For a few moments he thought he might reject him, but instead he gave his approval and even said no matter what he'd have Milo's back. It was an odd feeling, not exactly one he'd experienced as much as he maybe should have. He already trusted this guy more than anyone in his class, but only time would tell if that was to remain true.

After a little hesitation and tucking his sketchbook away on his top bunk, Milo followed behind David. He was a bit out of his element, but it couldn't hurt to get to know the others he'd be spending 3 whole months with. It seemed that just about everyone here was apparently attractive, especially if one went by David's descriptions. The average being set by what he'd seen and heard so far was kinda high, if he was honest.

In response to David's game plan, Milo made a little okay sign with his right hand.
"Sounds good to me, we definitely have at least a few hours to kill."

(Interacting with: Orikanyo Orikanyo )

BGM​

James didn't stray too far from the camp as he didn't want to be known as that one kid who got lost within 10 minutes of arriving at camp. But, based on the little that he saw so far, the camp grounds looked pretty nice. A lot of trails, woods, and a stream that James suspected led to a lake. All the camping and hiking essentials were here, which he was excited about. As James walked around, he spotted a nice looking branch that he picked up and stripped of any errant twigs. With walking stick in hand, James started to mark the ground as he walked around the outside of the camp to make sure he knew which way was "back".

After walking around in a rough oval, James turned to head towards the camp. He figured that he should go to the cabin, settle in and meet his bunk mates. Walking back into the camp, he stopped as he saw two familiar guys loitering outside the girl cabins. The heck were they doing there? Maybe they were lost? James called out while waving his walking stick "Yo, guys! Guys cabins are in the other direction." as he started to walk towards the two guys.

Last edited:

d0ff25ba4494c58-a-nw-p.jpg
Zylphia waved back to Eliza, laughing a bit more as Vee pulled out some mascara and gave herself a touch-up when she heard the door open and saw the girl with the cute boots from earlier. She supposed she would be staying with them too. This didn't bother her she just found it to be an interesting coincidence. With the exception of Eliza, she had met everyone who was currently staying with them so at least it wouldn't be too awkward getting to know them.

"My name is Zylphia Holloway, but Z of Phi is fine, no need to say the whole thing. It's nice to meet you Dany! Anyway, aren't you a student volunteer? So does that mean you're going to be working all summer?" Zylphia asked, climbing up into her bunk, wanting to lay on something soft for a moment as she waited for the girl's answer and wondering why she hadn't said anything about Vee's new paint job I mean there was no need to pretend not to see it there's no way she couldn't have and they all clearly saw it and Vee seemed to be fine with it while it lasted. Could it be possible she didn't think it was funny? Maybe she was just a bit caught off guard and weirded out by it. In the end, she was sure she'd have plenty of time to figure the girl out this summer.

With that, she stretched in her bunk and buried her face in her pillow for a moment, not going to sleep just yet, as she hadn't even changed into her pajamas, just getting comfortable for the moment since it wasn't quite time for sleeping and she wasn't tired.

Interactions: Duke of Doge Duke of Doge -Mork- -Mork- @Brea The Brave

David Darwin

A familiar voice.. Ah.. One of the... Uhh... What ever their called, councilors? Scout leaders?

Either way, it appears they have been found.

"Yea, we just came from there, all settled and ready to go." David was quick on the ball. "Wandering around on patrol then eh James? Starting early huh, must be a pretty on the ball guy if your eager to get to work." David kept talking,sizing up the guy before he put both his hands behind his head. "me and Milo here were just coming over to check up on our fellow campers, we're gonna be spending three months here, why not stay nice and friendly eh?"

He looked towards Milo for a second and then to the cabin. "Ah how about we get some of the girls out and we can get a nice tour going huh? Gotta figure out the place right?" David began to step towards the door, giving the door a knock.

"Whats the harm in abit of socializing eh Yeti?" he noted the waterbottle, figuring it was a good enough nickname to go with until he found a better one.

@ all

Eliza's face immediately lit up upon recognition of the game she was playing. The girl quickly nodded, her curly hair bouncing up and down with her nod. "Yeah! It is! Do you play? I've got like so many hours in Civ it's just a nice game to have on in the background while you do other stuff! It's just such a cool and relaxing game you know? Like you blink and suddenly it's midnight kinda game!" she turned her laptop to show off her screen, showing to Vee her current game. "I'm playing on Emperor mode. I have yet to win a game on Diety though. It gets suuuuper hard. I mean like I like a good challenge but I don't wanna plan like 80 steps ahead you know?" she then went on to give a full tour of her little civilization and her cities named after ice cream flavors. Then, she looked up and gave a small wave with a smile to the new girl. Apparently a volunteer but she hadn't been paying attention... "Yeah. I'm Eliza. I'm here."
-Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo @Brea The Brave Coco Adel Coco Adel

c009e471-a72d-4e0a-a9f8-d2d2d5dc1fa8-jpeg.636733

Vee happily watched and listened to Eliza go off about Civ. Seeing her light up like that was really fun for her, and excited her as well. "You play on DIETY?? I still haven't even TRIED that difficulty! Wow you must be really good at this!!" From the ice cream names to the game mode, this girl was on another level. "Do you wanna play hotseat later when we're supposed to go to bed?" Her perky whiskered face was peering down from Vee's top bunk in glee. Of course she loved climbing and whatnot, but she'd made a friend! She almost didn't even realize that a girl she'd sorta met earlier had entered! "Oh yeah, hi!" Vee waved with a grin.

Turning his attention to a familiar face, he realized that this might not have looked the best...
'I guess saying that it's not what it looks like wouldn't do much to help our case either.'
Luckily for Milo, he didn't really have to talk seeing as his new friend gladly took the lead and explained that they just wanted to get friendly. It might still not have sounded convincing, but oh well. Even if took another day, he was sure they'd get to know the girls sooner than later. To back what all his friend was telling James, Milo gave a nod of agreement. Then David started knocking on the cabin door

(Evelyn: Interacting with- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge @Brea The Brave , nearby Coco Adel Coco Adel )
(Milo: Interacting with- Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon )

Last edited:
Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Danira smiled and waved back to Vee still trying her best not to outwardly react to her face as she listened to the two girls converse over video games, she wasn't hardcore or anything but she had her moments and she supposed it was at least a topic she could contribute to "I've...never played Civ before but I do like to play Escape and Monster Hunter. I'll admit I'm more into horror survival games like Outlast or Silent Hill Downpour" Danira said rubbing the back of her head. She didn't usually know what to talk about with people but she didn't want to be the quiet girl that seemed like she was too good to talk to anyone all summer.

That's when she heard a knock at the door. Who would be knocking on their door? If it was another girl she doubted they'd have to unless they were from another cabin and if they were why specifically knock on their door? Was there a gathering taking place, was it one of the counselors? "It would seem that we have company," Danira announced calmly to the other girls, seeing as how all of them were fully dressed she went to go and answer the door, opening it up as the light of the sun spilled in illuminating the inside of the cabin with natural light to find, yet another face she had briefly seen at the rest stop and upon further inspection the blonde boy she had left use her bug repellent and not too far away was the other student employee like herself the one with the clipboard. "Hello? Can I help you?" Danira asked somewhat confused as to why all these boys were there.

-Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Coco Adel Coco Adel Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Atmospheric Background Music

"Make some friends, huh?" James said with a playful smirk. He knew what that meant. He always heard that same excuse whenever there was a field trip or even when he went camping last time. Alas, such was the guy code. James would play along, but with a bit of a different tactic. "Who do you think you're trying to fool? Your little sister? Anyways, just don't get caught doing something you shouldn't be doing. Heard the staff here is actually kinda serious about that kind of stuff because something happened before..." It was then that Dany opened the door to the cabin, with a perplexed expression on her face as she asked what the three were doing in front of their cabin.

James loudly called out while waving his hand in the air as an impromptu hello "Davy there wanted to know if you guys wanted to go out on a walk with us! Never thought he would be so excited to be at camp like this. Anyways! It's pretty nice outside and there's still some sunlight, so if you guys wanted to get some sunlight and exercise after sitting in the bus, then please come make Davy's dream here come true!" James then realized that he was still carrying around his duffel bag, and then added "And if you guys let me drop my bag off at your cabin before we go, then you'll be making my dream come true too!"

@ all

Last edited:

Zylphia lied in her bunk hugging her pillow as she listened in on the conversations. The pillows seemed to be quite soft yet firm the was she liked it, all around the beds seemed to be comfortable which was good because she'd hate to have been sleeping in an uncomfortable bed all summer. As the topic of video games came up, she lifted her head. She may have had to practice a lot but even she liked video games.

"I have to admit I've never played Civ myself either and quite honestly I like to watch horror games more than I like to actually play them though I did enjoy Resident Evil 2. I usually play stuff like Fallout Destiny, Apex Legends and occasionally...the Sim...fight me it's addictive." Zylphia said realizing how different the sim would be in compassion to all the other games she named but hey she liked it.

When she heard the knock at the door she turned her head to watch Danira walk to the door when she saw David at the door. She raised an eyebrow in curiosity and decided to come down from her bunk, fixing her jacket as she did to see what was going on when she heard James exclaiming that David and the other boys wanted to go on a walk and was seeing if they wanted to come and since she was trying to find something to do before nightfall she simply smiled walking up next to Danira. "I wouldn't mind going. As for the bag, well I don't see why not, it's only temporary right and it's just a bag. But uh...be warned Vee...looks a little different right now." Zylphia said then turns back to Vee and Eliza to get their attention "Hey, the guys asked if we wanted to go on a walk with them, you two wanna come?"

Interactions: -Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge @Brea The Brave Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Eliza has a smile on her face, hearing everyone talk about their favorite games. She stared out the door at the boys for a moment. Recalling all the stories of weird things between boys and girls occurring at camp. Lewd things. She hoped these guys would be better than that though. So the girl rubbed her eyes and looked around the room. Her eyes landing on Vee where they lingered a moment. "I'll go if everyone else goes. But if I get lost and stumble into Wonderland I am blaming all of you," she said, saving her game just in case they did all decide to go.

Now, it wasn't that she didn't want to go. Not entirely. She'd welcome hanging around these people. It's just she'd prefer to do it inside where there are no mosquitos or spiders or general creepiness. Just, being in the dark outside made something primal within Eliza stir with worry. The human fear of the unknown was especially strong in Eliza, she'd used to knowing and understanding how the world works and what to expect. When the formula is interupted it makes her spooked.
-Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo @Brea The Brave Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

c009e471-a72d-4e0a-a9f8-d2d2d5dc1fa8-jpeg.636733

'Oh?' With her little graffiti face, Evelyn peeked from her bunk and towards the door. Just past Dany's and Zy's bodies were a couple of guys, ones she'd seen before when everyone had been waiting for the bus. They apparently wanted to go explore and walk together, something that this girl was more than willing to go do.

"Sure! Let's go have some fun while there's still daylight!" Hopping out of her bunk and running over to the door, Vee turned back and motioned for her newest friend to join them all. "Don't worry Ellie, I'll just go with you if you fall into Wonderland!" She ran back over to her and extended a hand, as if for some reason Eliza would need help getting on her feet.

While this all happened, Milo covered his mouth with one hand and tried his hardest not to laugh. A petite but rambunctious girl hopped around, her face fashioned as if she were a cute little kitty. Honestly it was adorable just to watch, so clearly this was the cute Vee that his friend spoke of. It was easy to guess which girl was which from how David had explained it. At least for the most part... he wasn't sure who the girl with the laptop in the back was, but he could tell who the gymnast backflippy girl was from a first glance. Was that really her camping attire?

While they all looked like chill people, Milo was starting to wonder about James a little.
'I...' He leaned towards James and whispered to him, "Hey, I feel like that's not the best nickname to call David... It sounds like something you'd call a five year old." Straightening up again, he added a shrug to what he said and hoped that James wouldn't hate him for saying that. It was just a feeling, after all, he couldn't know for sure how David felt about it unless he spoke up about it.

(Evelyn: Interacting with- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge , Coco Adel Coco Adel , @Brea The Brave )
(Milo: Interacting with- Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon , nearby- erryone )

Last edited:
Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Danira looks back and sees that everyone even Eliza has agreed to this little trip through the forest and turns back to James and the others and gives a slight shrug. "Well, it seems like everyone is cool to go and I suppose this gives me a good excuse to see the trails sooner rather than later so I'll come too so I guess you can drop off your bag and come back to get it later." She said agreeing to Jame's terms on being able to drop off his bag so they could go and gesturing that he had the okay, stopping aside a bit so he could before stepping out onto the porch waiting for the others to come out with her.

She wasn't entirely sure if this was as innocent as they made it seem or if the boys were indeed up to something it could have been something as simple as inviting them because they were somewhat familiar with them and felt more comfortable asking them than someone else. After all everyone there with the exception of Eliza had all met to some degree even if it was somewhat briefly or this could have been a cover for something else. She doubted it was anything sinister or anything that they needed to worry about in general and if she happened to be wrong she supposed she'd have to start breaking arms and knee caps, but they all seemed nice enough so she'd choose to trust them for now.

Looking around for a moment she realized she recognized the boy in the beanie, the one she lent her bug repellent to though she didn't think she caught his name as all he was asking for was repellent she didn't think either of them felt the need to introduce themselves. Then a thought occurred to her as she leaned into the Cabin for a moment looking to the girls "Theres bug repellent in my bag if you need or, it's in the small pocket on the left" She said before leaning back out. She stood there with her arms crossed, unfolding one of them to wave to him casually "Hi, I'm Danira. Dany for short, I think I know everyone else here, I've seen you but I don't know your name and I think it would be rather rude of me to refer to you as Hey or You for the rest of the day." She said.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon -Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Coco Adel Coco Adel Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited by a moderator:
David Darwin

Yep, that was not okay.

"...Hahahaha, man Yeti, you reeeeaaally know how to sell it." David's face switched from dire seriousness to elation in the fraction of a second. "Come on ladies, got three months so may as well get to know this place like the back of our hands." He was gonna get back at Yeti for that, Davy, who the hell calls a man that... Wait... No he could spin this...

It was at that point he caught a glimpse at Vee.

And the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day.

Hell he forgot all about the whole Davy thing and put a hand over his mouth to stifle a hearty laugh. Oh god, what did they do to that poor thing?!? Oh god, hes gonna...Gonna...

"PFffffffffff, Hahahahahahahahha! Dear god, oh god thats precious. Oh god, Milo did you see her? Just need some cat ears and she'd be perfect hahaha!" Seems he couldn't hold it in any longer, though it didn't last to long. He managed to collect himself, after a few more snickers.

"Heh, we better watch out, I hear theres a mountain lion prowling around!" It seems he wasn't finished.

James looked over to Milo and whispered back "Just helping him out. Better to be upfront about this kind of stuff rather than being vague and playing games. Besides, looks like our mission was successful. Now it's up to him to make it happen. Hopefully, it works out! At the end of the day, I'm on his side. Now, he has a good conversation starter with the girls and a good reason to walk the girls back to their cabin." James then returned to his normal voice and continued to speak. "Anyways, Milo right? I don't think I introduced myself. I'm James. J, Jay, Jim, Jimmy, or, I guess like Dave mentioned, Yeti works too. Not really picky about what people call me." as he shrugged.

James then saw that Dany and Zy gave him a thumbs up to let him drop off his stuff in their room. "Awesome! Now we can really go on an adventure!" James said excitedly as he walked towards the cabin. James heard Zy comment about Vee's appearance and was confused until he got to the door and saw Vee as well. The sight made James pause for a second until he started nodding in approval. James said to Vee while still looking at her "Looks good on you, Evelyn. For a second, I thought I was in one of those maid cafes that I heard about... wait... how long is it until Halloween again? I think you already have an awesome costume idea for this year. It would be a crime not to use it."

James then gently lifted the duffel bag over his head to free himself from it's strap and then gingerly plopped it next to the door on the inside. James backed off and with walking stick in hand. "Glad I found this guy earlier." He thought to himself.

|| Roy
|| Camp
[Class=textMain] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: left; line-height:155%; [/class] [DIV class=textMain]
A short boy in camo pants ran up to the group.

"Ay, whatup folks! I mean, uh, hey." Roy scratched behind his neck "Any of you working here? I need spare hands to carry some stuff into the woods."

He turned towards the boys and pointed at a fairly large propane tank left on a side of a gravel path. A wavy trail of ploughed grass stretched from under the barrel and across the camp towards the equipment shed. It looked like the boy needed help. And judging by his height, was he even old enough to handle this thing?

"There is a generator a good distance away from the camp but if I don't get this big turd there soon~" His thumb cut across the neck dramatically. "No light, no hot water."

In truth he didn't care about cold shower all that much. It just seemed like something Roy should do.

He had overheard the advisors talk about how the person in charge was running late. Apparently they weren't going to do anything about it because no one knew how to start up a generator. Neither did Roy but he had seen his dad handle a small one before. This one was just going to be a bit larger and, hey, how hard can it be?[/div]

|| -Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo @Brea The Brave Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Danira Lovell

1118full.jpg
Before she could get the boy's name someone else ran up on the scene, a boy in camp pants asking if any of them worked there. He explained the fact that he needed help getting a propane tank to a generator a good distance away from the camp or else they wouldn't have any lights or hot water soon. Danira sighed placing her fingers to her chin as she thought for a moment. This place really didn't seem to be all that organized. It was a surprise her father even let her come the student volunteers seemed to be more competent than the adults or at least less lazy. It was nothing short of a miracle that the camp itself was actually in good shape.

He looked to the boys for help, for obvious reasons. She couldn't exactly blame him statically speaking boys on average we're stronger than girls and it was a decently sized tank, but...she was no average girl. In spite of her appearance, she was abnormally strong for a girl and years of training only improved upon that. Though she wasn't expecting anyone to look to the short girl wearing a skirt and high boots. All the same, she stepped down adjusting her gloves. If he was going to help her carry it, it would be easier for both of them.

s-l1000.jpg"I work here and so does James tough I won't speak for him on rather or not he wants to help carry the tank, but I will. Which way is this generator exactly?" She asked walking up to the tank to take a look at it, brushing back her long pure white hair, the sun is still shining switch plenty of daylight left to spare. When she looked up at him from where she was "I almost forgot to ask your name. Dany. It seems easier than constantly telling people my real name first since I prefer to be called Dany, but I guess if the counselors address me so no one will be confused it's Danira Lovell." She explained calmly in the same measured tone she always did somewhat expressionless with a passive yet stern and determined demeanor with a willingness to get things done if they needed to be.

"I have to admit my faith in the fulltime counselors is steadily starting to fade. I mean shouldn't this have been done before we got here? Especially if the need for it is so crucial and tome sensitive. It just seems like a really big thing to overlook." She said. She didn't want to doubt her father but something told her that these people either lied to him or weren't talking him the whole truth when the grilled them over the phone and they had to be pretty good liars to pull that off. Though she supposed she could be overreacting it was very possible that they were simply having an off day rather than them being as awful as she thought they might be.

Interaction: Sludge Sludge
Mention: Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon
Nearby: Coco Adel Coco Adel -Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Orikanyo Orikanyo

Eliza blinked at the nickname but smiled. She never had a friend call her a nickname before. She took Vee's hand and stood up. "Thanks..." Then, her attention shifted to David and James. Her expression turned into a mix of a confused scowl. "Hey, don't imagine her like that! I've seen anime! I know what you're talking about! Don't go turning my new friend into a catgirl maid without her permission!" She scolded the boys, sticking by Vee until she left the cabin, following her around somewhat like a lost dog. Like a rock of friendship and companionship, she could cling to. The talk of mountain lions did not help either.
-Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo @Brea The Brave Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Sludge Sludge

|| Roy
|| Camp
[Class=textMain] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: left; line-height:155%; [/class] [DIV class=textMain]
"I work here and so does James tough I won't speak for him on rather or not he wants to help carry the tank, but I will. Which way is this generator exactly?"

Roy eyed the girl skeptically as she walked past him. Was this alright? Seeing girls do hard work wasn't exactly the norm at his hometown. Besides she herself looked like she could break like a twig if strong enough wind hit.

In a brief fit of panic Roy glanced back at the boys.

"I almost forgot to ask your name. Dany. [...]

"I have to admit my faith in the fulltime counselors is steadily starting to fade. [...] It just seems like a really big thing to overlook.

He let out a defeated noise and walked up to the barrel. "Heh, wait until you see where that thing needs to go..."

Roy raised his hand at one of the trails and traced a curve towards a sizable hill a few klicks into the forest. There stood a radio tower, crocked to a side like a tired tree.

48_slender03.jpg

"I hear the camp's power is hooked up an old radio station. What a dung-heap, right?" He stared at the wile tower for a bit. To be honest it gave him goosebumps. His, uh, friend used to send him stories about abandoned buildings and the tall man who lived in them.

"Oh and I'm Roy," he broke the silence and gave Dany a mischievous grin. "Right now is a good time to chicken out of this, sunshine."[/div]

|| -Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo @Brea The Brave Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Danira Lovell

1118full.jpg
From the looks of it Roy clearly didn't have faith in her ability to help him carry the tank. He also was blissfully unaware of her preferred hobbies as be seemed to be attempting to scare her. Danira for the first time since being there shows full and completely genuine emotions on her face. She smirks right back at him as if to say 'you have no idea who you're dealing with' she then grips the tank and lifts it up pretty easily on her end in an attempt to somewhat knock him off balance but not enough to accidentally drop the tank or cause it damage, just to make a bit of a point and have a little bit of fun with him.

"Now why would I do I think like that? You said you needed help and how rude would I be to ignore you when I clearly have the means to do so? Besides, I happen to like old creepy places...an old radio station...out in the woods, far away from camp. I'd almost say this was too perfect." She said, smiling at him as she waited for him to lift his end. She tilts her head to the side and smiles innocently at him "Well, what are we waiting for there's a creepy radio tower that needs inspecting"

Sludge Sludge

Location: Camp Empty Brook|(Khorvaire)Shadow Marches-The Crawling Swamp
10077373af1b1f1de0c3d6e1fe777212.jpg
The Campers would go to the radio tower and be successful in their quest to power the generator to the camp enjoying a time of adventure and fun, doing some bonding along the way staying until the sun started to go down. The boys succeeding in getting to spend some time with the girls and walking them back afterward thanks to James.

As the day faded away into the night and the singing of birds gave way to the chirping of crickets the campers spent their night bonding with their bunkmates. The girls bonding over their shared love of video games among other things and the guys discussing confidential guy code like things late into the night until suddenly they all would feel usually sleepy, simply believing it to be from all the activity they had taken part in that day and decided to call it a night. As they lay in their beds for the night they would feel unusually comfortable and fall into a deep sleep. In the dead of night, a mysterious figure would enter the cabins placing strange crystal-like stones with different symbols on them next to the sleeping campers and left a letter on the small table not too far from their beds that read
'Life is filled with unexpected experiences may these gifts aid you in your future experiences, experiences. Keep them close at all times' them close to you at all times' upon reading this the campers may be under the impression that these are simply camp charms and the experiences referred to were simple camp shenanigans but when there awoke in the morning and stepped outside, they would soon realize that things would not be as they expected.

The Mysterious figure would then step outside congregating in the gathering area in the midst of the cabins around the fire pit with their mysterious figures all dressed in cloaks and wearing masks underneath. They gathered around in a circle and held hands chanting something unintelligible that sounded like the echo of a thousand whispers and the pit lit into a white flame that turned violet along the edges. Strange symbols began to float into the air rising from the mystical smoke towards the full moon in the sky as more symbols began to appear on trees and stones surrounding the area and enveloped the camp in a blinding light. Not that it would matter how bright it was for the campers would not awaken to see it.

The next morning when the campers awoke there would be very subtle changes things they might not take notice of at first, but the sounds of crickets will be more prevalent and accompanied by the croaking of frogs as well as a storage green light spilling into their windows as if the sun had somehow turned green

The camp would still be there but it was definitely different. There would be a large number of fireflies, drifting about, lighting the area with their beautiful glow almost as if the camp had been enveloped within a sea of green stars, but as beautiful as this would be there would still be something off. Upon looking a little closer they would notice that they were no longer in the clearing of the forest they had arrived in but in the middle of what seemed to be a dark swamp.
fairy-lights-fantasy-night-forest-footage-084852155_prevstill.jpeg

Location: Camp Empty Brook- Girl's Cabin|(Khorvaire) Shadow Marches- The Crawling Swamp

After a day of fun and a night of female bonding Zylphia has slept like a log, waking up slowly she felt something hard in her bed...like a rock. This alarmed her because what was a rock doing in her bed? Was she sleeping that heavily? Did someone throw a rock at her to try and wake her up and it failed? Also...who the frick threw a rock at her. She quickly lifted her head and picked up the rock about ready to do to war when she took a look at it. It was pretty. It looked more like a crystal than a rock and it had this new little design on it. Did one of the girls give this to her? Was she too sleepy to get up so they left it in her bed? She started to get out of her bed when she noticed everyone else was still asleep and there was a letter on the table folded over like a tent, you know like one of those greeting cards they leave you at a hotel to give you the wifi password. "Well, Eliza will be happy about this," Zylphia said yawning as she picked it up to read but the letter made no sense. "These? Do they mean the charms?" She asked herself out loud before looking around to see if the other girls also had charms. She assumed then did but she thought one of them gave it to her. If not them then who? The counselors?

This is when she noticed something else strange there was this green light coming in through the curtains so she pulled them back to see and was amazed to see tons and tons of fireflies though she hadn't quite noticed they were in a swamp just yet. She then turned to wake other girls to wake them up. "Hey, guys, guys wake up you have to see this, there are like a bunch of fireflies outside right now like a ton. You have to see this!" She said kind of excited.

-Mork- -Mork- Duke of Doge Duke of Doge @Brea The Brave Sludge Sludge Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
After taking a bit of a walk and playing a bit of wingman before walking the girls back to their cabin and James picking up his stuff, James finally entered into the cabin for the first time. While the lads were talking about... well... guy stuff and went on their own personal businesses, James went off to take his pre-sleep shower. He hated the idea of sleeping in a bed while all dirty and smelly and always showered before going to sleep. By the time James got back from the showers, it seemed like everyone was ready to sleep for the night. It had been a pretty long day, and tomorrow would be the start of even longer days at the camp. He didn't want to be tired, and quickly crawled into bed. That night however, James had some odd... dreams...

They didn't make much sense to him, but it seemed a bit ominous and foreboding. As his dreams continued to evolve, he would see odd shapes and colors and sounds... even the sound of frogs suddenly came out of nowhere. Wait. Frogs? James woke up at the moment to the sound of a bunch of frogs croaking. "The heck...?" James muttered in a drowsy stupor. He got out of bed and looked out the window which glowed GREEN. The camp wasn't THAT close to a lake or anything... right?

James stared out the window at the hordes of fireflies that danced around the camp. There wouldn't be this many fireflies or frogs unless they were in a marshy or swampy area. James looked out and saw the camp, but.... some things were different. The green lights, the fireflies... What was with all the water? Did it pour last night or something? James got more and more confused as suddenly waking up left him in his sleepy stupor, but as a few moments passed. Things started to click in James' head. Something was up.

James turn to the bunk beds and noticed a small stone next to everyone. This was creepy. James walked up to his bed and picked up the rock. It had some weird marking on it... like a cult thing or a talisman. Someone definitely came into their rooms at night. James then noticed the small letter on the table and walked up to read it. Was this some sort of creepy "activity" or prank that the staff was pulling on them? How the heck did they get into their cabins during the night? Better yet, how did the camp change so quickly? This wasn't cool. James called out to his cabin mates "Yo, guys! Wake up! Something is really messed up right now. I think someone came into our cabin last night or something. I'm going to go to the Large Lodge to find the counselors and ask what the hell is going on." as he then started to put on his boots. James pocketed the rock so that he could show the counselors the evidence and grabbed his walking stick that he found yesterday. It looked like a swamp outside. The last thing he wanted was to get stuck in the mud or something. With that, James started to leave the cabin and head towards the Large Lodge.

Last edited:
Eliza had slept like a baby, which is something she was not expecting. Upon awaking, she found her arm resting on a hard stone. She picked it up and brought it to her face. Studying the neat design on the side of the small stone, similar in shape to a guitar pick. She groaned and got out of bed in her PJs. A bright pink onesie with a hood. She heard Zylphia's call to come take a look and replied. "One second!" she then got dressed into a bright green t-shirt and long jeans. Reading the note in the room before pocketing the stone, and her phone.

She stepped outside and took in the strange sight. "Fireflies? But they are green in color. It's not night either... not to mention the change in terrain to that more akin to a swamp. Did the councilors move our cabins? Are there wheels on these?" she spoke to herself, though anyone in earshot could hear. She got down off the steps and onto the soft ground, bending over as she proceeded to circle the cabin to look for wheels or the tracks left by any. Her results were negative. She looped back around to the group. "Yeah. I don't know what's going on." Eliza said with a shrug. "We weren't in a swamp before but now we are." The brainiac's thought was accented comedically by the loud croak of a frog.

Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
Danira woke up in the morning to Zylphia's excited squealing over fireflies that she claimed were a ton of. She slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom, having bathed the night before she simply freshened up and got dressed when she heard Eliza say something about them being in a swamp "Very funny there is no way we are in a swamp, I think we'd have woken up for something like that besides there are no swamps in this area." She said stretching as she noticed the strange stone next to the pillow with a diamond shape symbol on it and picked it up putting it in her pocket and read the letter before stepping outside.

She stood on the porch of their cabin, confused and shocked. How was this even possible? She looked around the dark misty swamp, looking up at the sky to see that it was daytime although the trees were rather thick and hard to see through. She looks down at Eliza and back out at the swamp. "I...wha...what the hell. Did it terraform overnight or something, the hell is this?" She said pulling out her phone to use google maps to track her location and make sure they were still at camp as this would be considered kidnapping. However, she found herself having problems as nothing would load not even her network. She then tried to call her father but nothing, it seemed like there was no service, even a cell tower message.

previewfile_917776535.jpg"Okay so, I can't track our location and I can't call my dad." She looked out and saw James leaving his cabin to head for the direction of the lodge. Looking at the wet muddy ground she wasn't sure if it was a good idea but she was going to go with him because this was seriously weird, but at the same time, she wasn't sure if it was safe. I mean the counselors we're in charge and the one ones who could have moved them barring otherworldly forces. "I'm going to the lodge. They need to know about this and I'm sure they'll have a way to contact people and old ham radio or something though if I am, to be honest I'm a little suspicious that might be responsible and in that case, we could be in real danger especially if they could move us so far in such a short amount of time without waking any of us up." She said before calling out to James "Hey, James! Do you know what's going on!?"

Coco Adel Coco Adel Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon -Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo Sludge Sludge

David Darwin

The other day was strange... Honestly by the end of it he thoroughly regretted even setting foot outside his cabin. Yea, sure, lets go to the god damn radio tower, thats not fucken weird. But at least the beds were comfortable enough once he got back... Enough to rest his tired feet, why did every rock in the god damn trail have to end up in his shoes? Seriously, how to rocks even end up INSIDE shoes? Things are locked up tight right?

Whatever... David thought as he pulled himself from sleep. The light of the sun(so he thinks anyways) Awakening him to this new world...

Oh, and a rock poking him in the cheek also helped.

"Who left a stupid rock here!" The young man grumbled, palming the stone before struggling with his pants. He was most definitely not a morning person in the slightest. Thus, he didn't quite care about the others right now, hell he didn't care about the green glow. He went through his morning ritual of brushing, washing and stretching, only to finally come to the door and take his first few steps outside and take a deep breath of fresh air....

David simply stared at the new world around him, his tired monkey brain slowly, slowly ever so surely turning the wheels as he gazed lazily at a floating group of... Fireflies? Lightning bugs? Glowy floaty bugs. Either way, smell came next, as the sweet earthy tones of... A swamp... Yea it wasn't very sweet, in fact smelled pretty bad to be honest. Humidity in the air was staggering, and hell he just couldn't help but know he was gonna have a shitty week, though not why, just from the air alone.

How did they manage to hide a fucken swamp when they got here? Who opened the shit water dam?

Now people were talking... Ugh... Hes getting tired of hearing that girl already... My phone my phone, jesus, can yea go without it for a few seconds?

The young man slowly caught up with himself as he stared forward, his eyes becoming less glossed over, his brain kicking in gear and finally checking out the rock he woke up next to... Thing looked like a magical girl power rock or something of that variety. What was he gonna do hold it high and trigger an animated cutscene of him transforming into a sailor scout?

Oh well, nothing left to do but head to the washroom, get the morning crap out of the way.

@ all

David has awakened, David doesn't care about the new scenery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back