• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Empty Brook [Closed]

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
wallhaven-95182.jpg

Its summer vacation and you are going to summer camp, you come for different reasons, some for fun, some for college credit, some for disciplinary reasons, some to get out of your parent's hair for the summer and others just needed a summer job, whatever your reasons you are all on your way to Camp Empty Brook for the summer to make new friends, memories and maybe some extra spending money. At least that's what you all thought. After a day of fun, mischief, and adventure the real adventure begins when you and your fellow campers wake up the next day at camp, but something feels off, you soon realize the reason, you're not at camp anymore and somehow you've woken up in an entirely new world. As you try to sort out what's going on it eventually becomes clear that you can't stay at the new campsite forever, you'll have to venture out into this new world, the only question is what will you do? Will you uncover the mystery of how and why you were brought here and try to find a way home or will embrace this new world and leave the old one behind? Whatever your choice the requirement doesn't change, in order to achieve your goals, you'll have to learn fast and survive.

Empty Brook is a medieval or dark ages style RP with some hints of industrialism in it as there are trains at least. There will be magic allowed but it will be restricted to an extent as this RP has a bit of a survival aspect to it so we don't exactly want to make things too easy and by we I mean me. 😆

You will be allowed to have exactly 6 spells in total and equipment with minor abilities. The equipment will be dropped at random during mod or admin posts, eventually, you will have the ability to buy things from shops and in every shop, there will be common items you can get anywhere and specific items you can only get in certain places. I will inform you of what the common items are but the specific items I will not reveal until you get there as well as their prices. I will also inform you of how much the items or equipment you find is worth if you want to sell it or if it has any uses. You might be able to barter with people and persuade them to sell you something at a lower price or except something at a higher price. I will make the prices super easy to understand so you'll know exactly what your items or equipment is worth. Also, keep in mind your items and equipment have weight to it so act accordingly.

As for spells, you will have the ability to collect 6 runes these runes being your spells can be upgraded at least twice and I will inform you when you can upgrade your rune and therefore your spells, this will depend on both how far your character has come as well as how often they use said spell and if you have the required item to upgrade your rune, of course, you will have to take your rune to an enchanter or become skilled enough in enchantment to do it yourself, needless to say going to an enchanter will cost you money and you will still need to provide them with the item needed to upgrade your rune. I promise to make that info easy to understand as well.

When it comes to costs or value there are 6 tiers

• Copper= $1
  • Tin= $25
  • Bronze= $100
  • Silver= $500
  • Gold= $2,500
  • Platinum= $10,000

So if I tell you and item you find for example: Ring of minor regeneration Tier: Tin that means this ring is worth $25 if I put something like Tier: Tinx2 that means it is worth $50.

Note that you can sell your runes if you so choose, but if you wish to learn a new spell after you have collected 6 runes you will have to switch one out so think carefully about the spells you want. Some are purchasable some will be dropped at random or obtainable during certain quests.

For equipment, you will have 14 slots not including your 6 rune slots. These slots are for the following.

• Primary Weapon
  • Head
  • Chest
  • Arms
  • Belt
  • Legs
  • Feet
  • 5x Accessories
  • Bag
  • Free Slot

The free slot can be used for one of 4 things.

1. A secondary weapon
  2. A shield (Heavy), talisman (weightless but only defends against magic) or buckler (Light but gives less defense than a heavy shield)
  3. An extra accessory
  4. Another bag or carrying case like a quiver.

Speaking of bags you can only carry up to 40 items in a bag and you can only carry 10 arrows in a quiver. Note that sometimes you will be able to find weapons of equipment that extends your carry capacity a bit.

I also have maps so that everyone knows where everything is in conjunction with each other, and we don't have to guess where anything is or low long it will take to get there. I have a world map and 5 up close maps for us to use.

I will mostly handle everything in the beginning but if you join this RP I would appreciate having some people who can do the following.

• Contribute to the RP can create ideas
  • Follow along and have fun
  • Possibly help with modding the RP when I'm busy and unable to or just because (This will apply later when I actually pick some mods but be informed sometimes I may turn over the RP to a mod for the day. I am doing this for one very simple reason. I have been told I am a good mod and or admin but the issue is when I get busy and have to leave my RPs seem to fall apart because I am not there. I would like to make sure that my RP can survive my absence this time. So I will be turning the RP over to the mods while I am present every now and then so make sure that they can do this. So to my future mods be ready when this happens)
Also on the front of contributing ideas, I feel you must be aware of a few things.

1. You must run plot ideas by me or a mod.
  2. All major arcs must be run by me or the mod who is currently in charge either because of my absence or because I have turned it over to them for the day.
  3. You may start minor arcs anytime you want, but you must inform a mod or myself of major arcs so that we don't have 5000 major arcs going on all at once.
  4. If you plan for a minor arc to lead into a major arc you must run that by us, this is the only time you may not start a minor arc on your own.
  5. You may mod your own minor arcs, however, if you are not confident in your ability to do so you may ask a mod or me to mod for you.
  6. All mod posts will be in red so everyone can tell the difference between your personal response and your mod log. This is just kind of general and applies to everyone in a modding or admin position. You'll see what I mean when the RP starts if you don't already understand.
  7. Admins and mods are allowed to check in on your arcs and chime in if they feel what you are doing violates the rules, is unbalanced or unfair for example if you try to give yourself an item that is super powerful and beyond what you would normally be allowed to have or isn't a proportionate reward for the difficulty of the quest like receiving platinum tier rewards for delivering common mushrooms to the woman down the street.

For my Future mods please be aware of the following.

1. If you are confused or need help with something you can ask me or ask another mod, don't be afraid to help each other out.
  2. If I feel you aren't quite ready to lead the RP I may either chime in to help you a bit, assume control or turn it over to someone else, but don't think I'll just snatch it from you I will try to help you out and figure it out on your own a little before I decide on rather or not you still get to have control for that day. However, if you feel like you want to turn it over back to me on your own then you can do that as well.
  3. If I catch you abusing your power, you will get exactly one warning and be suspended from mod duty until I say so, you will then be given exactly one more chance and if you abuse your power again I will be banning you I will not tolerate people abusing their power the warning is simply me giving you the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was misunderstanding or you made a mistake. Do not take my kindness as weakness I will boot you to the moon without a second thought if it is clear that you are abusing your power.
  4. You are allowed to abuse your power for exactly one reason, for the sake of humor. You are allowed to "abuse" your power as a joke and all in good fun. HOWEVER, you are only allowed to do this if the people you are modding over are okay with this and agree to it or like on April Fool's Day and you are not allowed to do this during major arcs unless we all agree upon a major arc filled with shenanigans 😆

As for the rules in general.

1. Follow the RPN rules and basic etiquette of RP duh
  2. No cheating
  3. No God Modding
  4. No fighting or harassment OOC if there is I or a mod will attempt squash things but be warned if the fighting persists and I have to warn you 3 times you will be suspended from the RP and harassment gets you the boot.
  5. Do not control people's characters unless it has something to do with someone's powers and or abilities.
  6. No install kills, hits or dodges.
  7. You may not kill another person's character without their permission. However, you can knock them out and loot them instead.
  8. If you are knocked out by something other than another player meaning a character who has a profile you will have to number the items in your bag, roll the dice and you lose that item of it is then fair game for anyone else to pick up.
  9. You are not your character, your does not know everything you do unless we are taking part in shenanigans which everyone involved must agree to.
  10. You cannot dodge everything, you will not land every hit all the time unless again...shenanigans 😜

I feel like I'm forgetting something but if you have any questions then ask away. So is anyone interested in this?

EDIT: The link to the CS Page can be foundHere
The Lore Page with our maps can be foundHere
The OOC Page can be foundHere

The Main RP Page can be foundHere

Also, in case you are wondering yes we are still accepting

Last edited:
You have my interest lol, I really really love the idea of this
Thank you, I am glad to hear that despite the fact that I have just spotted several typos I need to fix despite carefully going over this. Autocorrect has screwed me again, but I'm glad you could understand it enough to be interested 😆

Thank you, I am glad to hear that despite the fact that I have just spotted several typos I need to fix despite carefully going over this. Autocorrect has screwed me again, but I'm glad you could understand it enough to be interested 😆
I hardly even noticed the typos just because of how well it was all laid out lol! But yeah, you definitely have my interest especially since this reminds me of Skyrim a lot!! :closed eyes open smile:

I hardly even noticed the typos just because of how well it was all laid out lol! But yeah, you definitely have my interest especially since this reminds me of Skyrim a lot!! :closed eyes open smile:
Thank you, funny enough Skyrim was one of my inspirations for this RP, that Dragon's Dogma a bit of Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter World.

Thank you, funny enough Skyrim was one of my inspirations for this RP, that Dragon's Dogma a bit of Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter World.
Oh yeah Skyrim's my favorite game of all time lmao, I couldn't miss out on this (btw I love your username and signature!!)

Oh yeah Skyrim's my favorite game of all time lmao, I couldn't miss out on this (btw I love your username and signature!!)
It's one of mine as well. I also drew inspiration from this from Dragon Age just remembered that I knew I was forgetting something 😆 also thank you, I'm glad, she's my favorite character from the show, too bad they haven't shown her in a while.

It's one of mine as well. I also drew inspiration from this from Dragon Age just remembered that I knew I was forgetting something 😆 also thank you, I'm glad, she's my favorite character from the show, too bad they haven't shown her in a while.
Yeah that's fair she has hella style lol, I miss her too (tho Weiss is definitely my fav)

Yeah that's fair she has hella style lol, I miss her too (tho Weiss is definitely my fav)
You know Weiss is my favorite right after her. I'm sorry I just love Coco's Style and she came in like a beast with the rest of team CVFY.

You know Weiss is my favorite right after her. I'm sorry I just love Coco's Style and she came in like a beast with the rest of team CVFY.
Aw man I am so hyped for the next volumeeee!! Also I just realized I have a bit of time on my hands lol, is there a CS you have in mind yet or nah?

Aw man I am so hyped for the next volumeeee!! Also I just realized I have a bit of time on my hands lol, is there a CS you have in mind yet or nah?
Yes I do actually, would you like me to PM it to you?

Looks pretty perfect to me tbh, the only thing I can think might be missing is gender.
You know I knew I missed something you know what just add Gender in on your template under age okay?

-Mork- -Mork- the link has been added to the OP as well but I thought I should let you know the CS page is up and the link is right ➡ Here

I think I'm going to go ahead and post the CS page and once I approve your starting rune you can ag least post it on the page while we wait for more people.
Are there runes to choose from, or do we just use our creativity to come up with them?
-Mork- -Mork- the link has been added to the OP as well but I thought I should let you know the CS page is up and the link is right ➡ Here
Also sounds good to me!

Are there runes to choose from, or do we just use our creativity to come up with them?

Also sounds good to me!

You can make your own spell for your first rune and you are allowed to make more and submit them to me to be dropped at a later time, but I will also drop runes at random and you will be able to buy some later that you can pick from but for now it comes down to your creativity. Keep in mind this is a starter spell so don't get too outrageous with it.

You can make your own spell for your first rune and you are allowed to make more and submit them to me to be dropped at a later time, but I will also drop runes at random and you will be able to buy some later that you can pick from but for now it comes down to your creativity. Keep in mind this is a starter spell so don't get too outrageous with it.
Oh okay I gotchu. Does this sound okay for my first rune? 'Minor Flames' - Enables the user to summon the amount of fire that a standard torch would give off.

Oh okay I gotchu. Does this sound okay for my first rune? 'Minor Flames' - Enables the user to summon the amount of fire that a standard torch would give off.
That sounds perfectly fine I also wouldn't mind if you straight up made it a standard fireball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back