• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Highway_rest_stop1.jpg
{It was early in the morning sometime around 8 AM. The sky was an early morning blue and just starting to turn orange and slightly pink as the sound of crickets gave way to the chirping of birds. You all waited at a highway rest stop as specified by the brochure for the bus to arrive and take you to the camp you would be spending the next 3 months until back to school season started. All around you are your fellow campers and or future co-workers for your summer job some of their families, friends or loved ones waiting with them to see them off on the bus or simply dropping them off, some staying more of necessity as if they didn't trust their children not to run off the minute they pulled out of the driveway believing a summer at camp would do them some good or perhaps they just wanted to get rid of them and not have to deal with them for the summer who knew. It was a simple enough building on the side of the road with two bathrooms inside of let's call it questionable conditions with a smell that somehow gave of the sent of being heavily cleaned and severely be fooled with places to sit in the inside and out front with some vending machines secured behind chains. If this was any indication of what the camp would be like so far...things did not look well, but perhaps you could salvage the things by getting to know some of the people around you, getting a headstart on making friends could help you in the long run.}

Zylphia had just come back from the vending machines holding a hot ass minute-maid orange juice and what she hoped wasn't a stale bag of ruffles. She opted to sit outside under the shade despite the fact that there was air-conditioning inside, she'd rather bake than deal with that smell. Her mother had brought her here and stayed as long as she could, but the plant she worked at hadn't gone for shut down yet and she still had to work despite it being a Saturday which was fine, she was a big girl, a big girl with a fully charged phone on every setting to save battery life. She wasn't quite looking to go around talking to random people just yet, maybe when they got on the bus to pass the time, she felt like people might think she's a weirdo if she just randomly just started walking up to people and talking to them right now...but who was she kidding she was a weirdo. She looked around to find potential prospects maybe she'd talk to one of the kids sitting with their parents and make them feel really awkward maybe she'd offer them her chips that she was almost certain we're death traps...or maybe she'd just sit here and drink her hot orange juice.

tumblr_p0tl8jyrpZ1utrs8ho1_400.jpg
A small car pulled up to the rest stop, a somewhat eager girl popping out of it before it even came to a full stop. Happily clutching the straps of her brick red backpack, she trotted around to the driver's window--which was now rolled down to reveal a middle aged man--and reached through to give the man a hug. "Thanks for the ride, Dad!" He hugged her back for a few moments before letting her go. "Don't cause too much trouble at camp, okay?" She shook her head and smiled. "I won't... Only a little trouble, I promise!" They both laughed and after another minute of back-and-forth the car pulled away, leaving the ball of energy on a sunlit bench with her dark red backpack. The girl enjoyed the heat of the sunlight starting to hit her olive skin--or at least whatever wasn't covered by her black lace-up pants and forest green hooded half cloak. As the loneliness started to settle in, however, she looked around to see if any others had gotten here yet; they had, or at least one clearly older girl had. She looked pretty cool, as well as just pretty in general. Should I go and talk to her? She looks bored... While thinking this, Vee gave a smile and a friendly wave towards the girl in the shade. 'Even if she doesn't want to talk, at least I'm not actually alone...'

Last edited:
"Holy fuck this sucks..." a young man was trudging down the road on foot, with his folks heading off on a trip for a few months, and having no friends nor older siblings with cars to bum a ride off of... He had to hike his way to the meeting point. And an hour god damn early to!

Damn this camp and it's scheduling.

Yea sure he was going to maybe meet people and get some, as his father put it in that parental matter of fact way, "life skills." Sure, learn how to tie rope, make a fire and shit in the woods.

Life skills.

Thus, he is packed to the brim with shit he may need.

Thus, he has a huge damn backpack.

Thus, he is already very tired and grumpy.

After some time he had managed to arrive at the meeting place. The building looking about as old as... Well.. Honestly he was to tired to think up a sim...Simaly? How in hell do you spell it? Whatever, comparison failed, he trudged forwards.

Walking up to the wall, ploping down his heavy pack and letting out a long, long, sigh.

"Jesus, need to hike more..." the young man stretched, before eyeing the others in this place... And not coming away disappointed! Two beautiful young ladies! The boy looked to both, and sort of... Half awkward waved to them, since they weren't together and all so it was kinda awkward.

He looked finally to the nearest one, one sitting in the shade with shitty chips in hand. "Uhh... Hey..."

Well David, come on now.

"I'm David Darwin. You... One of the staff?"

@all

Zylphia continued to drink her got orange juice tempted to listen to music but didn't want to waste the battery life in case of an emergency. She guessed she could listen and then charge what little she used inside, but then that meant she would have to go inside. "Nah, I'm good on that." She said, not willing to set foot in that building for the sake of listening to a few songs while she waited, drinking more of her hot beverage when she noticed another person had arrived with their parent. She didn't pay them much mind at first they were being dropped off as many others had before them, the difference was that this girl actually waved to her. She wasn't entirely sure at first but she seemed to be looking right at her so she waved back, giving a friendly smile to silently invite her to come and sit with her if she wanted when she heard a voice near her, looking up to see a boy who was clearly exhausted introducing himself and asking if she was a staff member.

"Um, hi, I'm Zylphia Halloway, but you can call me Z or Phi I know full well my parents were being extra when they named me." She said joking a bit to break the ice and ease the awkwardness of speaking to a stranger even if just by a little and shook her head to his question. "But, um no I'm not a staff member this is the first summer where I won't be working if you believe that training camp counts as working, no I'm just gonna have fun this summer...at least I hope to." She said glancing back at the rest stop building with slight yet noticeable disgust "I wouldn't go in there unless you really, really have to. If you're thirsty all I have is hot orange juice and if you are hungry I have what I suspect...are highly suspect chips accept them at your own risk...you cannot sue me if you get sick." She said and since she was talking with him anyway, she decided to motion to the girl, telling her to come over so there was no uncertainty that she was welcome to join then.

-Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo

"Alright guys! The faster that I can make sure that everyone is here, the quicker we'll be on our way and breathing some fresh air instead of bleach. So, help me out! Alexander... Marshal? Is Alex here?" James loudly said as he walked around the inside the of rest stop with a clip board and a list. He had applied to be a student volunteer to help out the staff on this trip. Personally, James had been on a similar program before and made a lot of friends on the trip, so he figured that this would be an opportunity to go on another camping trip and for him to have one more thing to write about in his college applications.

Seemed like a win-win situation for James though seeing how chaotic and unprepared things seemed to be so far with very little guidance, he started to have a little bit of doubt in the back of his mind. Still, camping was all about the people that you went camping with and not the hands off staff or the comfort. Regardless, James was told in an email before that he was responsible for checking attendance and that was his first task... not much else other than that. He continued to work down the list without too many problems.

"David Darwin. You here David?" James called out. He looked around, but it seemed like no one rose their hand nor knew where he was. James looked outside a window to see if there were people outside. Thankfully, it seemed like there were. James made his way outside to a group of three students who seemed to be talking. "Hey guys, any of you happen to know where David Darwin is?"

With interest, Vee watched another teen arrive and--a bit awkwardly--joined the other girl. Their conversation was pretty basic and a bit unnatural, as most first conversations are. The older girl seemed to motion her to join them though, much to her relief. It was always nice to have friends. Waving again, she grinned as she leapt to her feet and happily jogged over to the two. Before she could introduce herself however, another older boy had made his way over and asked about a David Darwin. 'Is this guy one of those student volunteers?' Vee herself had only come for the camp itself, and not work like a good number of others had. "Sorry... I don't know about a David Darwin.." In response to the older boy's question, she also shook her head for emphasis.

Last edited:
David looked down at the chips with equal parts uncertainty and... Well... All uncertainty. Who knows when those things were made. "Uhh, no thanks, i'm good." He turned down the offer, eyes looking at the other girl coming forwards. She was a small thing... In.. Most ways. But adorable. So that was nice.

"Z huh? Well my friends call me DD, or Double D... Oh?" He paused in his sharing of nicknames to look at the guy calling out his name. "Uhh right here! David Darwin." He motioned a hand at the guy, before glancing at the others.

"Guess i'm first on the list huh? Ready for... Adventure and stuff..." he sighed, his disappointment showing through, though he flashed a smile nonetheless.

Zylphia smiled as the girl decided to come over and join them but was she arrived it seemed one of the student volunteers had arrived taking roll call, looking for Darwin. She merely pointed her thumb at the boy in question as she stepped forward turning down the chips she regretted buying at this point, but had no idea what to do with them, would it be a waste if she just threw them in the garbage right now.. She then turned her attention back to the girl and smiled patting her hand on the picnic table in front of her. "You can sit down, you don't have to stand the entire time. My name's Zylphia but Z or Phi will be fine unless you don't mind saying the whole thing. Welcome to the party I will be crazy person you're avoiding this summer." She said holding her hand out to shake her hand in a welcoming greeting, before turning to the student volunteer "My name's probably at the bottom of the list unless you're going by last name then it's Halloway." She said knowing he was being enthusiastic which she was pretty sure was going to be a big part of his job this summer, but she was almost certain that taking roll call wasn't going to make the bus arrive any faster. Looking over at Darwin's bag she notices how big it was, like one of those camping bags you'd see in the movies. "You really came prepared didn't you?" She said looking at her small suitcase and feeling like she may have under packed compared to him. "For my sake, I really hope we don't need all of that because then I have to rob you..or beg for bug repellent I mean I have some but...I'm almost certain it's not gonna last me through the summer."

Zylphia notices Darwin isn't exactly happy to be there, he seems to be trying very hard to be excited about this which makes her smile and laugh a little. "I'm guessing you're one of the people whose parents made them come here today aren't you DD?"

-Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/a4/e4/29a4e4508515d6cc47fd23d0ae42c9fd.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:93%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:white; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; text-align:center; padding:0.5%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:54%; border:3px solid black; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 280px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class=Pic]
    5df4a5eded990bff8fb826bb0ac687fc-anime-dark-adoption-jpg.634624
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    Faita Queens

[div class=scroll]People say it's fashionable to arrive a little late, but what of having a bad dream and accidentally smashiing your alarm clock by punching it into a wall, only to wake up later and realize that you are super late, almost running out on your pajamas if not for your mother warning you about it? Yeah, suddenly that doesn't seem so fashionable, now does it? Unless you're in a pajama party of some sort.

"G-good morning mom." I stuttered a ittle, swallowing. "Just uh...thought I might have heard someone breaking in. Gotta be careful with those things you never know when someone might show up, right? Well,I should go get ready before I'm late or anything..."

I returned to my room. From what I understood, clothing would be mostly provided on sight, so from my actual clothing I would only bring whatever I was wearing on me when I arrived. For three months. I could only hope mom would be ok without me. Without someone to help her carry the groceries, or to run somewhere quickly in case she forgot something. To offer some meager assistance in the kitchen or remind her to pick up the mail. who would go out and take a walk with her, let her run her mouth about the frustrations of her current life... With a look of determination, I pulled out one of those cardboard boxes from under my bed, and searched through my clothes. I first pulled out the highschool, middleschool and elementary school uniforms, then went through my casual clothing, picking out a pair of stockings, a light bee-colored shirt and jacket and a short skirt. Then my hands reached them, two items I absolutely didn't want to go without, though I probably shouldn't bring them with me given we were going to a summer camp. I was determined for it as soon as I felt the warmth and comfort of my favorite scarf wrapped around my neck, breathing in the scent when I pressed it against my face. Likewise, these jewels even if fake weren't usually within my budget, but they just paired so well with the clear sky and surely this trip would have one like no other. With everything on me now, I did feel like maybe I had a layer or two too many, but that was fine. It was easy taking off layers, but what I didn't bring with me I couldn't make appear out of thin air.

As soon as I managed to finally get ready, I opened a map. I didn't really like maps. They were rough and coarse and irritating... nah, just kidding. But they were definitely irritating. Like, how was I supposed to even understand what was written there? All these random symbols, like I'm just suppose to memorize them, I had enough tests at school, why did I have to take another one just to get to my summer job? I nearly found myself folding and ripping apart that piece of paper, if not for the price tag I left at the bottom, well within view, knowing such a thing could happen. I sighed. Fortunately my legs were better than my memory, so when I figured which direction I had to take, I decided to take "stroll" over there. The meeting place happened to be close enough to my home for this to be feasible. I wasn't about to get a ride anyways, I mean, I wouldn't want to go bother mom this early (especially after the pajama fiasco), and I wouldn't be able to wake up dad this early in the morning. One shouldn't take a cab for something like this either.

.....​

Understandably, it took me a while to arrive, and one could swear I had actually taken a shower by the time I did. My hand would barely hold on without slipping out of the post by the station. I sniffed my sleeves, and indeed I was correct in my assessment:

"I gotta try and find other sweaty people. Hopefully there are enough on the bus that nobody will be able to tell I'm contributing to the the smell...But I also need to find the other workers my age, they're probably more aware of we have to do than I am." I looked around. Was there some kind of indicator of who they were? Eh, I would probably just know when I saw it...

[/div][/div]
    [/div]

James looked at the only male of the three. "You're David? Perfect." as he checked off David's name on the list. "Hey man, I know you're not excited about this trip, but it's really what you make of it. Sitting around a campfire with strangers sucks no matter who you are, but with friends... its pretty awesome. So don't let yourself be surrounded by strangers." He then turned to the girl who pointed at David for him and said "Funny enough, it's ordered by first name for some reason. The staff is pretty strange with this kind of stuff. You would expect it to be ordered by last name. Anyways, last on the list... hmmm...Zy..Zylphia? Nice to meet you as well. I'm James, one of the student volunteers for this program. If you guys have any questions, then I'll do my best to give you an answer or point you to someone who can, but for now... I'm just trying to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind. I would feel bad if someone came here to find the place completely empty." James checked off Zylphia off the list as well and looked at second girl. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name earlier. Mind giving me your full name?"

Last edited:

Prompted by the older girl to sit down, Vee happily took the offer and sat herself down like she owned the damn bench. She definitely didn't seem to have the same underlying uncertainty or unhappiness that the others appeared to have. 'Wow that's a cool name, she's probably not as bad as she says she is...' Once Zylphia stuck her hand out, Vee readily shook it. "Hi Zy!" The handshake ended as quickly as you'd expect and she looked over David's pack along with Zylphia. He really did seem to be super prepared for quite possibly everything there was to even prepare for. 'DD huh? That sounds cooler than just David... I think I'll stick to that!' Apparently, the young girl was already having a blast just from meeting some of her fellow campers--without even getting to camp!

Now, she was starting to be carried off into a daydream of what camp might be like. This daydream didn't last longer than conjuring the image of going on a hike and climbing a few trees though, as a voice spoke to her and she felt a pair of eyes on her.
"Hm? OH! My name!"
With slight embarrassment from zoning out, she adjusted the hoodie strings on her half cloak and answered. "Evelyn Scarlett, at your service!" Evidently, her embarrassment was quickly overcome as she had a bright smile and jokingly did a quick salute.

( Coco Adel Coco Adel Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon )

Last edited:
David

"Err... yea... Kinda got trapped in the parental bullcrap. Yea know how it is. Granted I agree about the friend thing." He motioned towards James, taking a moment to lean back in his seat. "I mean, you all seem friendly enough, heres hoping we get through this easy enough hehhe...heh...Uhh.." He paused before seeing a new young lady... Who... Didn't look to good.

In fact... Looked worse off than he did. Did she run here? She... Well...

Thats three for three for nice looking women. How many guys signed up for this?

David rose an eyebrow and waved softly to the new person. "Hey James, new person." He warned the guy with the list, maybe he should... Give up his seat? But he just got comfy....

With a sigh he stood up and stretched, figuring the girl should rest if she wanted it. "So... Anybody... Like outdoors stuff? I'm kind of a nerd so..."

@all

Complementary Background Music​

James was taken a bit back by Evelyn's seemingly sudden change in behavior. One moment, she seemed to be spaced out and then the next... but it only took a second before James broke out into a grin and slightly chuckled. "At ease, Private Scarlett! My pay grade isn't high enough to be saluted at. In fact, I'm not being paid at all!" as he proceeded to check off Evelyn from the list as well.

James looked back at David and said "Fair! Looks like you're doing your best to make the most out of a situation that's out of your hands." He then looked over towards where David motioned at. James looked at the new arrival and waved at her and motioned for her to come over. James looked back at David as he asked people if they had experience camping. James replied "I was in a similar program last year, so I know a little bit. But, I'm no Bear Grylls or some sort of veteran special forces soldier like Private Scarlett over there." with a playful smile.

Orikanyo Orikanyo -Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/a4/e4/29a4e4508515d6cc47fd23d0ae42c9fd.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:93%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:white; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; text-align:center; padding:0.5%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:54%; border:3px solid black; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 280px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class=Pic]
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    Faita Queens

[div class=scroll] "Where the hell are....oh, spotted one!" I grinned, having finally spotted that figure at the distance with the glasses and the thick lame jacket, plus just the shortest haircut... it was most definitely a teacher.

Now I just need to figure how I was going to get over there without being noticed. My hand passed across my forehead and cast the salty droplets away like rain. I'm sure the plants would appreciate it or something. I looked around...

"Tsch." I clicked my tongue, seeing how one of the people I was trying to avoid was waving at me and gesturing for me to (presumably) go there. Was that really what I was supposed to do, were those people just campers and confusing me for just another one of them, or where they my coworkers? My gaze turned to the teacher still happily chatting with someone out of my line of sight, then taking a step forward. If I went there now I'd be able to talk to him, if I didn't I might miss him. But even if I went there, since I didn't know what that boy waving at me really wanted or who he might in fact BE, just going somewhere else as if I didn't see him would be like I was ignoring him. Which I would be doing, but for good reason.

I sighed and growled to myself, then began marching to that small group while rubbing the back of my head. Relunctantly though it may have been, I raised an arm and pawed the air in front of me for a quick, dispassionate greeting.

"S'up, how's it hanging? Name's Faita, Faita Queens, I'm here to do a job? I think I'm on time...even if barely... just not sure where exactly to go now, or who to speak to. Other than you guys, I suppose." I stood right there where I was, a little bit away from the group, and squinted my eyes for a threatening gaze at each of them. The healthy but young-looking girl sitting on a bench, another standing there with some kind of beverage and a rather...expressive attire... and a boy who was standing up when he saw me approaching. I forced a smile, but didn't say anything right away, nor take the seat. The guy was just stretching, he probably wanted to get back to the bench with this heat and all. It was not in my right to take someone else's seat, even if offered, just because I arrived late. Plus, what kind of a woman would I be if I let a little thing like running several miles right after waking up bring me down? God, just thinking about made my head spin a bit... So I shook it. There was one person, the boy with the plank. "Does that thing mean you're also here for work or..."

Whether he was or not, hopefully that line would bring out someone who in fact was also here to work. If not, then it was one more decision to add to the pile of regrets in my life.
    [/div][/div]
    [/div]

Interacting With: Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Orikanyo Orikanyo -Mork- -Mork- Coco Adel Coco Adel
Mentions: N/A
Might Want to Read: N/A

reference_for_vee.jpg

Vee laughed at James' response to her antics, happily taking in his smile--oh how she loved to make other people let go and laugh for a moment... Her arm dropped back down again, playing with a hoodie string once more. It was a good thing she was on a shaded bench now. Had she still been in the sunlight--as much as she liked the warmth--she would've been sweating like an animal by now...

Listening to what David was saying intently, the short girl found herself wondering what that must've felt like. Obviously, it had to have felt really bad to be caught up in parental issues. It wasn't exactly an issue she could empathize with though, as she had a really steady relationship with her own father.
As for my mom... Just for a fleeting moment, she thought about what her mother might've been like had she actually stuck around.

"Oh, I like to climb if that's the kind of thing you're asking about." She replied to his newly presented question, failing to mention that she loved to climb so much that any of her classmates that knew her would almost exclusively call her 'Monkey Girl'. It was sometimes meant as an insult, but she never realized that.

Then she noticed a newcomer arriving, evidently having.. RUN THE WAY HERE???
'How is that girl alive in this heat and that outfit?' Suddenly... Vee felt better about dressing the way she did, as this sweating blonde had a straight up scarf around her neck! 'Oh, but that's such a warm color; it matches my backpack I think...!' With as warm a smile as ever, the girl waved at Faita. 'Why does everyone else have such cool namesss?!' She thought in her head for a moment, wishing for a name that she didn't consider grandmotherly. Oh well, at least Vee sounded neat enough she supposed. "Hi Faita, nice to meet you!"

( Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Orikanyo Orikanyo Idea Idea )

Last edited:

"Well, I don't mind the outdoors I've gone to camp every single year for as long as I can remember of course it was gymnastics training camp so I spent most of the time inside a gym but they did have...some outdoor activities. I don't know how to extract sap from a tree or anything but I can roast a marshmallow and ride a horse. My dad used to take me fishing every once in a while but um let's just say that didn't last. Other than that, all I know is what I've seen on TV or the internet." Zylphia could understand having parental issues, while her mother was probably the sweetest woman she'd ever known her father was the exact opposite. "My mom had to work she works every day of the week except Sundays and certain holidays until shut down and... it's not shut down so she works. My dad...works when he feels like it, but let's just say he wasn't exactly thrilled about me skipping out on training camp this year so there were no phone calls or send-offs on his end." She says this with a triumphant smile as if she were somehow happy about this fact so even without the details one could probably assume she did not have a favorable dynamic with her father to the point that she was more than willing to antagonize him one take joy in it one might actually think she was ready to get up and do a cartwheel right now in celebration. The contrast of which she spoke of her parents was clear when speaking of her mother she smiled, sincerely and almost seemed sad that she couldn't see her off or that she wouldn't see her all summer, of course, this wasn't the first summer she'd spent away from her but it was clear she loved her very much. On the other hand with her father, it was clear she wanted to roll her eyes when mentioning him there was a hint of sarcasm in her voice as she spoke of him and her smile seemed more mischievous and malicious than loving or kind and it was unclear if she actually loved him lot, not by the way she spoke. In truth as much as she couldn't stand him, she still did, but it didn't mean she had to like him and lord knows she definitely did not like him.

Zylphia stood up for a moment stretching since she had been sitting for a while when she noticed the new girl who had arrived and after everyone had greeted her she came over "Hello" Zylphia said in that weird funny voice people make when they try to talk and stretch at the same time, waving to her as best she could at the moment whoich came off more like a flail than a wave. She raised her hands above her head and bent backwards a little, good did just feel good to stretch. However, she got a little too into it and didn't notice that she had bent back too far and nearly fell backward "Eep!" she squealed just before managing to catch herself and land on her hands to do a backflip instead to land on her feet. She laughs hysterically realizing that could have been really embarrassing and painful, but also laughing at the fact that she had to do a backflip to keep herself from busting her head on the ground. She fixes her hair combing through it and smoothing it over with her fingers and pulling her jacket back up into her shoulders though she still refused to zip it up it as she returned to her seat. was far too hot for that.

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
David Darwin

"Gymnastics huh?" David commented, but it seems her words were proven long before anyone could even call her bluff. A backflip, straight up, after a fall but god damn those are some moves.

Plus another fact that proves her point is the fact shes toned as shit. Like god damn.

Best stop looking lest you get pinged as a pervert old boy, don't need that on the first day lad.

Now actively trying to keep his eyes on safe locations he coughed lightly. "Well shit, can't call a bluff after that show huh? Not that I would... Uhh... You okay?" He asked the clearly gymnastics inclined young woman... Actually all the girls here look rather... Fit and strong...

With his pride shrivelling up due to his large lackthereoff of physical prowess, he leaned against a pole supporting the roof of the rest stop. He was tall sure but he punched like a wet noodle... Didn't have any real outstanding qualities, save his stamina... But god damn he hated doing heavy work.

Like hell, what could he gloat about? I beat every final fantasy to date? I got a level 16 wizard in dnd? Fuck man, he wished these things would be relevant...

Who knows, maybe during this adventure they'll get sucked into a fantasy land with dragons, elves, magic and gnomes...

Wishful thinking...

Danira Lovell
1118full.jpgDanira drove up with her parents their clean black SUV gleaming in the hot summer light and they pulled into the highway Rest Stop the rendezvous so to speak for her little summer excursion.

"What kind of show are they running here, this place is a dump." Her father said scrunching up his face as if he had smelled something awful the moment they pulled up which was impossible due to their well-tinted windows being rolled up.

Her mother sighed, "Don't you even start this us just the pickup site, not the camp itself, you already interrogated them over the phone you are not about to start making every excuse under the to keep her from going." She said, trying not to laugh at him, knowing he was deadly serious.

"I'm not making excuses I'm making observations, I guarantee you those vending machines have not been restocked in months, it's a public safety hazard." He said gesturing to the machines safely placed behind chains as if they needed protecting. "I mean, who knows when the bus will get here what if she gets hungry? You hungry sweetie, you wanna go get some breakfast?" He asked looking at her through his rearview mirror, she just shook her head and tried her best not to laugh at him, burying her face in her sleeve, she didn't have much of a reaction to most things but her father's overprotective Bess never ceased to amuse her, but as ridiculous as he was she did appreciate the gesture, at least she knew he cared right?

"Right you wanna go get breakfast so you can be picky about the restaurant and miraculously miss the bus right, we'll I got you beat. Did you pack the snacks?" Her mother asked looking back at her.

"Yes, mom the sandwich too," Danira replied.

"That's my girl, now go on and have fun I'll make sure your father doesn't linger around and make everyone uncomfortable." She said as her dad just looked on in awe as if he had just suffered the greatest betrayal of his life being overly dramatic as usual.

Danira leans forward and hugs them both wrapping her arms around their shoulders as they gave her a kiss on the cheek from either side.

"Relax dad I can probably take down anyone here and I will be sure to inform them that my dad is a detective and has memorized all of their faces," Danira said, knowing it was probably true he was probably trying to memorize as many faces as he could, rather he got them all she had no idea, but these words seemed to comfort him.

"Well, alright but you call us if you wanna come home I will be there before you hang up the phone to come and pick you up," he said.

"I believe you," Danira said before finally exiting the car and bidding her parents farewell, it made her feel sad about what she did behind their back they clearly loved her, always had and yet she went looking for people who probably didn't want to have anything to do with her, she knew this and yet she looked anyway. She knew this and yet...she still felt that way.

She sighed taking a deep calming breath and turned around to find someone she could talk to and see where she should on her work when suddenly she froze dead in her tracks...she was here, that girl...her sister, half sister to be exact but her sister all the same. What were the odds she'd be here too the coincidence alone was awkward since she'd been at her house just recently? She had half a mind to call her dad right now to take her back home, but then he'd ask questions, we'll he wouldn't but her mother would and what could she tell her that would make any sense without telling them the truth that she went looking for her birth parents and ran into her half-sister? That she's known she was adopted for years? No, she couldn't do that, she just had to avoid her and stay focused on her work. Then she noticed the bit she was talking to was holding a clipboard. "Shit," she said stomping a little bit, that boy was surely a co-worker and would know what she should do...she had to go over there didn't she? "Suck it up Dany you can do this."

Idea Idea -Mork- -Mork- Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Coco Adel Coco Adel

Last edited by a moderator:
James was a bit confused and slightly taken aback when he came to realize how Faita had seemingly ran here. "Uhh, yea! Yea... I guess you could say I'm working too. Nice to meet you Faita, I'm James, one of the student volunteers. As for working... well... to be honest, I didn't hear much from the camp faculty other than the fact that they asked me to take attendance in an email about... 14 hours ago." as he pulled out his phone to check the time. "They don't seem to be the most organized group to be honest, but as long as no one gets lost then I'm sure everyone will have a good time." James honestly felt a little sheepish as Faita was drenched, but the bathrooms weren't exactly up to standard nor did he really have much that could help her. James reached over to his backpack as Zylphia seemingly had a little tumble, but recovered in a flashy manner. It was clear to him that she really was a gymnast or something.

After blindly fishing around a bit with his left hand, James finally felt the familiar metal cylinder in the side of his backpack and pulled it out of its holder. His trusty vacuum sealed Yeti bottle was something he never left home with. James drank a lot of water, but specifically cold water. So, he would always fill up his bottle with water and ice before he left home. Much to his surprise when he first got the bottle and used it, the ice was still there after three days sitting on a table. Since then he had always been a giant, walking, talking fish who constantly drank cold water. James held his bottle up to Faita and asked "Do you want some water? Heat stroke and dehydration isn't fun... speaking from experience of course." with a side smile.

As James held the bottle, he heard a car door close relatively nearby, and looked in the direction to see the new arrival.

Last edited:
Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg A slight breeze blew through the area as the cars rushed by on there highway just behind them. Danira took a deep breath, slowly breathing in through her nose before holding it for four seconds and then out through her mouth looking down at her boots for a moment. "Come on Dany, you're not the type to get rattled so easily let's not start today." She thought to herself as she looked up from the ground regaining her usual calm and stoic demeanor and started to walk forward, the heels of her knee-high black boots clicking against the hot concrete. Thank God for this skirt because this jacket may have been a bad idea, though that was yet to seen since she had just not too long ago gotten out of a nice air-conditioned car and her temporary barrier of nice radiated cool had not been used up yet. She walks up to the boy with the clipboard, next to her sister and a group of kids around her age some of them looking slightly younger maybe by a year or two.

The boy in question handed her sister a water, upon observing her she could see she was sweating like a slave. Had she been standing in the heat all day? She wasn't sure but she could tell that scarf was probably a big contributor to her current condition though she was hardly one to talk she was wearing a jacket, a long sleeve shirt and a tie, but truth be told the heat never really bothered her much personally, but the heat had other effects it would seem, it was hard to tell due to the order of the bathrooms being so overpowering but her sister smelled like she had just completed a very thorough work out, but she didn't want to embarrass her in front of anyone, yet she wanted to help her out, but she couldn't just pull out some bodyspray or spray-on deodorant in front of everyone that would just as bad as yelling to the whole world "Hey you smell sweaty!" Danira thought. I mean she was blunt, but she wasn't rude.

"Come on, you can figure everything else out, you can figure this out too. You've done it a thousand times as school without an incident!" Danira thought, but the first thing was first. She taps the boy on his arm slightly as she looks up at him. "Are you working at the camp this summer as well. It's hard to tell the campers from the student employees there, but I assume since you're carrying a clipboard that you must be one of them unless you just so happen to be fond of organization." Danira said it wasn't impossible her father had shown her some strange people in the cases she let her solve there were all kinds of people in this world. "Danira Lovell, but Dany will be fine, " She said in a calm and measured tone.

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Coco Adel Coco Adel

Last edited by a moderator:
12f24b76ef7811aeb1e2a8c33d4c3fa7.jpg
It had been a while since Milo had gotten dropped off by his father, so sitting inside had really made him ache for a nice breath of not-so-stale air. Granted, it was humid out so it wouldn't feel like the freshest air but honestly anything was better than being inside at this point. Before he did go though, he tossed a glance outside just to see if there were a lot of people there. There were. 'Oh well... I'm sure they're not all that bad.' Shrugging off his blue flannel jacket and tossing it into his backpack, he took once last breath of the stale air.

As he pushed the door open and made his way out though, the boy couldn't help but notice a girl freeze momentarily at the sight of another one that was already there.
'Maybe they just have some sort of history? I hope that won't ruin camp for either of them...'
Milo took a seat on a shady bench a good few yards away from everyone and took out his sketchbook. Knowing how bumpy the road was, this would likely be his last chance to draw before they got to camp. He didn't really want to talk to anyone or introduce himself--he'd already been crossed off of the list that James was carrying around anyways, since he was one of the first campers here (courtesy of his father's obsession with punctuality).

'Maybe I should text sis, see how she's doing without me...' With the care of a mother, he set down his sketchbook and shut it gingerly. It was very blatantly obvious that he cared about the thing. Turning to lay down on his empty bench, Milo silently texted his younger sister back and forth for a few minutes. At several points a little smile ran across his face, but otherwise he didn't stir from his usually vacant expression.

( @ everyone-outside-rn-lmao )

Last edited:

"Never doubt my powers." Zylphia joked as David expressed his inability to deny her skills after her nearly tragic fall or at best a painful one, either way, she had narrowly escaped embarrassment and ouchies. "Yeah, I'm okay, thanks for asking" She smiled as he looked away, seemingly embarrassed about something, perhaps that he was wrong? He really didn't seem happy to be there, definitely not an outdoor person which was too bad he was actually kind of cute.

Her dad had a strict no boys policy he even went as far as to deny her the right to go to her own homecoming. Her mother couldn't afford a dress at the time and she didn't have any evening gowns or formal wear to go, she wasn't particularly interested in any boys at the time she just wanted to know what it was like as she had never actually gone to a dance before and miraculously she had the free time to go to this one. He said she could go to her senior prom which was funny coming from a guy who implied she would never graduate because he was mad at her. However, she didn't live with him and as far as she was concerned he had to be around to tell her what to do and she was going to be away all summer. Who knew depending on how things went she might just herself returning with a boyfriend. Now rather she kept that boyfriend was an entirely different story after all her dad was a loon and she wouldn't necessarily want him to have to deal with that it was part of the reason she never tried before she was 100% completely embarrassed by her dad and even though she didn't live with him she was more than sure he'd have to know eventually and then he would make such a scene...fucking drama queen.

However, she supposed it was a bit early to be thinking about that, she barely knew David and cute and awkward was about all she knew about him so far. That and he had the common sense enough not to eat suspect chips from suspect rest stops. More and more people started to file in, yet again another girl had arrived and she had to admit she looked pretty suave in that outfit she was rocking. "Hi, Dany, love your outfit!" she said waving as she leaned on her other hand, elbow resting on the rest stop table as their little group started to grow more and more under the shaded area.

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea @Brea The Brave Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class=Pic]
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    Faita Queens

[div class=scroll] The first reaction I got was another little wave, this time coming from the tiny girl in a hoody. The smile on her face, and the way she greeted me, where did this adorable ball of energy come from? Not to mention the little pipsqueak was sitting right next to the one who was probably the tallest person here (hard to tell because they were sitting) giving the whole thing an almost comical look, like she was his cheery kid and he was her deadbeat dad or something.

"Oh, uh, cheers. Nice to meet you too." I returned her wave by raising my hand a little, unsure if I should follow it up somehow? I couldn't really keep up with the rhytym of these energy-filled jolly-fests. "Uh...how's it-"

I was interrupted by a sudden "eeep!" squeal, throwing an arm in the direction of whatever it was, only to realize was my face was turned that all was well, seeing that person saved herself with some kind of gymnastics, and I was just left there with my arm reached out, maybe having even gotten close enough for these people to smell me now, looking like an idiot, and like...why? I pulled back and slowly brought my palm to my face.

"Jeez, try not to give us a scare like that alright?" I snarled.

Judging by her carefree behavior, this girl was probably not here for any sort of work, so in a sense she'd be charge for me. I wondered how old this girl was. Taned and well-built, and just a little shorter than me, so probably my age, or fail that, then around my age. On the other hand, the boy with the plank, James appearantly, confirmed that he was my coworker, and it seemed as though he had gotten his orders via email. I pulled out my phone (sure the model wasn't exactly up to date, but third hand products are cheap as well! Even if they come with a few cracks in them...) right there and then, knowing that I probably had forgotten to check my email, but I still heard the boy's confession about the group not being all that organized, and his words of encouragement despite it.

"Yes, yes, I hear you. Now let's see... Open the app... wait for updates? No wifi? That means I'll have to spend money because of this stup- Ah, the heck!" My fingers instinctively gripped the phone tigher, but the memory of small shards flying in all directions from the last time I busted a phone like that came to mind right at that moment, so I took a deep breath and pocketed my phone. "Well, I'm sure they'll tell me in person too if I ask."

I raised an eyebrow at the boy searching around in his bag for...something, and then pull out this cylinder which presumably contained water, as he offered me some right after.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. He was probably worried about having to do even more work if I was too tired. He didn't really have to worry about that with me, but hey, free stuff. You don't turn it down unless it seemed too fishy. I took the bottle from his hands, and drank a few gulps from the bottle which the boy had probably sipped on quite a number of times as well. It was indeed refreshing, especially after all that running. I handed him his bottle back and gave him a smirk. "Thanks bud, I owe you one."

I patted his back, hopefully not with too much strength now that I was a little more excited again, and saw the newcomer girl. My eyes squinted a little at the figure with the jacket and the long flowing white hair, her petitie figure despite her height. Wait a second, wasn't this the girl that showed up at my house the other day, the one with the wrong address? She went for the plank boy first, but I still had a grin plastered on my face.

"Well, ain't this a coincidence!" Well, one good thing after another. First someone who was actually considerate, now someone I knew, even if just briefly. "Fancy seeing you here again, Danira Lovell! Plus you're working with me as well. Did you get the right adress this time?"

[/div][/div]
    [/div]

Interacting With: Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon -Mork- -Mork- Coco Adel Coco Adel @Brea The Brave
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo
Might Want to Read: N/A

Danira Lovell
1118full.jpg
For a moment Danira nearly nominated herself for the actress of the year award as her sister actually spoke to her and recognized her, sweet merciful lord she recognized her! I mean they only spoke for a few seconds well she supposed it could have been a couple of minutes but still, he almost felt like her guts would hop right out of her throat when she greeted her. However, she kept her composure and without missing a beat, she turned to the girl pretending to be a bit confused at first when she had a sudden realization...and scene. "Oh, hi you're the girl I bothered last weekend. Sorry about that it was my first time in the area and I was looking for a family member's house I hadn't seen in quite some time. I imagine it must have strange having some random girl standing in front of your house. It's a small world it would seem, I would have never imagined I'd see you here, but I assure you I have the right address this time. It's nice to see you again...I'm sorry I don't believe I know your name yet?" Danira said holding bee hand out to shake hands with Faita with a welcoming smile on her face.

It was at this time with not much surprise at all that she noticed there were bugs flying around, of course, her father had already made her spray-on repellent but she thought this was a perfect opportunity to help her sister out without embarrassing her or making things really awkward, it didn't seem like anyone quite noticed her yet since they were right next to the unfavorable bathrooms and with all the people around you would be hard-pressed to pinpoint any smells likely everyone had merely accepted their fates and waited for it all to be over. Her big repellent had a somewhat strong but pleasant odor one might mistake for perfume or body spray and would be more than enough to take care of the sweaty smell. "I happen to have some bug repellent in my bag would anyone be interested in using it, it would suck if we were all eaten alive by mosquitoes before we even got to the camp. I also have some snacks and a sandwich if you need something to hold you over for the time being...those vending machines look like a health violation waiting to happen. I had breakfast before I left so I'm good for now." She said.

-Mork- -Mork- Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Coco Adel Coco Adel

reference_for_vee.jpg

A lot had been going on, leading the shortie to mostly just watch everything around curiously in silence and occasional laughter. If this was any indication of what camp would be like, then she was sure she'd make plenty of fun memories to write about to her dad. 'I wonder if anyone else is planning on writing their parents... maybe not DD or Zy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one!' Vee's navy eyes trailed from person to person discreetly, trying to read them some more.

It felt like mostly everyone had something extra on their minds while she... well truth be told she never had much weight on her shoulders, aside from anytime she was alone. When she was alone was a completely different story. Being alone was genuinely scary, and it was especially so for her; it was even worse if it was night.

12f24b76ef7811aeb1e2a8c33d4c3fa7.jpg
"Oh no thanks, I've got my own bug spray with me!"
She piped up when Dany offered hers to anyone who needed it. As she did so though, a boy she hadn't noticed earlier approached Dany and quietly asked if he could borrow some.

With a little uncertainty, Milo approached the girl who was offering it and lightly tapped her shoulder. "Sorry, but could I borrow some of that?" Leading up to her very open-ended offer, he'd gotten a few mosquito bites and had seen a number hanging around everyone ever since he came outside. His bag and sketchbook were still sitting on the otherwise empty bench just a yard away.

It was unlikely, but if someone was to peek through his sketchbook, they'd find countless mostly well-drawn cats, candies, and old European-looking buildings.

( Mainly @Brea The Brave , partially Coco Adel Coco Adel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Idea Idea Orikanyo Orikanyo )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back