• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Doki Doki Vol. 1

Choice: Ask about swim team.

• Choice: Ask about swim team.

"I'm curious about the swim team here," you begin by picking a subject. You weren't ever really in a swim team before yourself. You had tried out a few times, but against so many others you were always so close to being selected but never quite getting there. "I'm not sure I should bother trying out myself, like... how harsh are the tryouts? Are there a lot who compete to get on the team?"

"Any sport team's tryouts can be competitive since there are only so many that can be accepted onto a team. You can only fit so many bodies into the pool for practice after all. Have you never been on an actual swim team before?"

You stare down at your drink for a moment before taking a sip as an excuse to not confess the truth or to at least delay having to inform him. "I see," Daichi says, reading into your silence, "You've never been success at getting past try outs. Let me guess, something about your form, speed, and so forth? That you need to train harder? I'm sure when they told you this you laughed at the irony that you couldn't train harder without someone to direct you."

Oh Diachi was good. You take another sip of tea.

"Did you never bother yo ask the swim coaches about who or where you could go for that training?"

You shake your head and sigh. Why did it feel like you were being lectured a bit?

"You probably know where I am leading with this based on your glum expression. Those that tryout and make the teams are those who put in hard work, effort and quite a large chunk of their time.
    Those that really want to be on the team will struggle, train, and seek out help to reach that goal."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask him train you.
    [div class=buttons]
    Give up on being on the swim team.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask for advice.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Say nothing.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-life-ring[/fa] Ask him train you.
    [/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentTwo" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Give up on being on the swim team.
    [/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentThree" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask for advice.
    [/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFour" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ellipsis-h[/fa] Say nothing.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask him train you.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Give up on being on the swim team.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask for advice.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Say nothing.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#3590b2; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Ask him train you.

• Choice: Ask him train you.

You hadn't ever really thought about the effort you had put into actually improving. Generally you just... swam. While you were better than your average swimmers, you had no formal training for the sport. You didn't feel guilty because you hadn't don't anything wrong, but you did feel a bit down thinking that all this time you had been going about getting into the team wrong, that thinking one day you might just make the cut instead of working towards that goal seriously.

Perhaps this year you should change that. You finally look up at Daichi who quirks a brow at you, "P-Please train me!" You had blurted it out so loudly that those around you outside turned your way for a moment. Your outburst actually stuns Daichi for a moment who actually looks a bit bewildered.

"You want me to train you?" he asks, as though he didn't hear you correctly the first time.

"Yes, you're in the swim team right? Maybe with a bit of guidance that I've been lacking I'll do better the next time I tryout."

"I'm not sure," he replies with hesitation. "I need to think about it and see if I would even have the time. I also may not be qualified or even be able to help you improve." He wasn't saying no exactly, but he also wasn't saying yes. You let out a sigh.

"Well, just think about it. I promise if you help me with this I would give it my best."

Diachi's phone chimes and he checks for what seems to be a text message. "Right now, I just need to determine if I would have the time. I would say that if you truly are determined to improve to not have a lack of help deter you from going on your own. If you give up just because of a set back, does that really make you determined? I've got to go, so I assume I shall see you in class tomorrow." He picks up his drink and politely leaves without another word or glance.

As you really had nowhere else to be at this point and no one familiar around you to chat with, you finish your drink as you walk back towards the dorms. You needed to finish unpacking anyway. You head to your room and open the door to hear someone shriek inside.

"GAH! YOU SCARED ME!"
    [div class=Kaoru]
    JbOuyrf.png

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Greet them.
    [div class=buttons]
    Nope the hell out.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Stand in stunned silence.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Greet them.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Nope the hell out.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] ][fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Stand in stunned silence.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Greet them.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Nope the hell out.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Stand in stunned silence.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class=Kaoru] display:inline-block; width:150px; height:150px; margin:5px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; border-radius: 50%; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class name=Kaoru state=hover] background-color:#434834; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: Mysterious Roommate!
    [class=achievement] display: flex; width:400px; margin:auto; margin-bottom:5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -moz-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -webkit-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; [/class] [class name=achievement state=hover] background-color:#5d5add; color:#fff; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class=unlock] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:50%; background-color:#ccc; font-size:50px; [/class] [class=text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:250px; padding:10px; box-size:border-box; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; [/class]

[div class=achievement][div class=unlock][/div][div class=text][div class=text1]Achievement Unlocked
    Mysterious Roommate![/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Greet them.

• Choice: Greet them.

After your own heart had calmed down after their surprising presence, your hand over your heart, you take a small breath to calm yourself. Did they think they didn't have a roommate, or were they simply easily spooked or something?

"Hi, I'm your roommate Honami Makoto," you greet them, cautiously stepping into the room because you weren't sure what to expect at this point after their reaction. You go to the bed you've clearly claimed as your sleeping clothes had been tossed atop it when you had changed into your uniform this morning. Not to mention you had tried to keep your boxes on your 'side' of the room for whenever your roommate showed up. Thankfully they hadn't seemed to touch any of your stuff or moved it to claim the bed you were already used.

"O-Oh, sorry for shouting, you just really surprised me. I was probably just too focused and not used to a roommate situation. I'm Kukichi Kaoru," they introduce themselves, getting up from what was clearly unpacking their things to better greet you than from where they had been. "It seems we're going to be roommates this year."

Awkward silence as you both just sort of.. look at each other.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Unpack your things.
    [div class=buttons]
    Offer to help them unpack.
    [div class=buttons]
    Do your assignments.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask why they weren't here earlier.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-archive[/fa] Unpack your things.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Offer to help them unpack.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Do your assignments.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting[/fa] Ask why they weren't here earlier.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Unpack your things.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Offer to help them unpack.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Do your assignments.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask why they weren't here earlier.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Offer to help them unpack.

• Choice: Offer to help them unpack.

"Would you like some help unpacking your stuff?" you ask as you see that they have a couple more boxes than you do. While you still had your own stuck to unpack, it was polite to at least offer some assistance. You were both going to be sharing this room for a while, so best to get off on the right foot.

"No thanks, though I appreciate it. You seem to have your own stuff to unpack," Kaoru answers as they turn to start digging things out of a small box that appeared to be some school supplies. They were right though, so you just nod and go over to your side of the room, picking up a box with your casual clothes and opening it. You were mostly going to be wearing a uniform, but for those times you didn't you have brought a few normal outfits to wear. The rooms here were actually really large for a boarding school, but that's what you got with wealthy kids.

There were of course even apartments that student's could live in if their parents paid for them. This was the cheapest option, but it was still overall bigger than her bedroom at home. It was big enough for two twin beds, two minimal desks, two wardrobes, and plenty of extra space for some additional furniture if desired, like comfy chair or a small bookcase. It also gave space between the two beds and the desks also served as your nightstand.

You get out your clothes and begin to put them away in your wardrobe while your roommate puts their supplies on their desk. "Did I miss anything important today?" Kaoru asks you.

"I wouldn't think so? I don't know if we share the same classes or not and nothing really important happened."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Continue to unpack your things silently.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask about what classes they have.
    [div class=buttons]
    Do your assignments.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask why they weren't here earlier.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-archive[/fa] Continue to unpack your things silently.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting-o[/fa] Ask about what classes they have.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Do your assignments.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting[/fa] Ask why they weren't here earlier.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Continue to unpack your things silently.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about what classes they have. ") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Do your assignments.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask why they weren't here earlier.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Ask about what classes they have.

• Choice: Ask about what classes they have.

"Maybe I could help better with that question if I knew what classes you had? Who knows maybe we share one?" you ask, trying to be helpful.

Your mysterious roommate seems to dig out a piece of paper off their desk and reads off their classes in order. It seems you share your history, math, and homeroom with them. "Oh, well I can tell you about the assignments from the classes we share!" You were a bit relieved they shared some classes with you because it would have probably felt a bit isolating if you didn't You relay the information she missed from the classes, even mentioning Hana and Akane as you hoped you could all be friends together.

"Thanks. I know the teacher's won't hold it against me for something out of my control, but being behind in classwork isn't something I want to get stuck under. That stuff can pile up fast."

You nod your agreement, "Yeah, I don't want to get stuck under that pile of procrastination. Well, at least with sharing classes we can also help each other with assignments."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask about thoughts on Eitoku.
    [div class=buttons]
    Do assignments with them.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask why they weren't here earlier.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask about their former school.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask about thoughts on Eitoku.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Do assignments with them.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Ask about their former school.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about thoughts on Eitoku.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Do assignments with them.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask why they weren't here earlier.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about their former school.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Do assignments with them.

• Choice: Do assignments with them.

"Speaking of, we could work on the shared assignments since you missed the classes today. I don't mind sharing my notes so you can copy them, b-but only if you want to," you tell them raising your hands slightly hoping they wouldn't take your offer as you pressuring them.

"Hm, maybe a bit later? I really want to get my stuff unpacked and sorted. It would be easier to focus on classwork with the room not being in a disorganized mess, y'know? It would be hard to find stuff without unpacking and putting stuff away first."

They did have a point... and you had really been putting it off yourself. "You're right. I mean, it shouldn't take that long to put our stuff away." You tensely turn away from them and let out a sigh. Your roommate seemed pretty relaxed, but also focused on their task of unpacking. They had missed a day and perhaps if you had been in their shoes you would have wanted to just get everything taken care of while you could and relax.

You start going through your boxes, putting away books, school supplies, clothes, shoes, decorative items, and keepsakes where you wanted them. You set up your laptop on your desk along and place your bookbag in the chair. You got unpacked pretty quickly and took a seat on your bed facing your roommate who done as well. They had brought a bit more than you, but not enough that it would overtake your half of the space.

"Well, I need a break after that, a snack break. Is there a vending machine or something?" Kaoru asks you.

"Ah, no. They only have water fountains. They don't really encourage student's to bring snacks into their rooms because of the possible mess and bugs, though they also are forbidden. There is a cafe, but it's a bit of a walk. The cafeteria is closer and it's nearly time for them to serve dinner."

"Dinner it is then."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Go with them to the cafeteria.
    [div class=buttons]
    Go to the cafe to grab a snack instead.
    [div class=buttons]
    Stay here.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-cutlery[/fa] Go with them to the cafeteria.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-coffee[/fa] Go to the cafe to grab a snack instead.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Stay here.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Go with them to the cafeteria.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Go to the cafe to grab a snack instead.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Stay here.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Go with them to the cafeteria.

• Choice: Go with them to the cafeteria.

"Ah, I'll go with you," you say hoping they don't reject your presence. You really hoped you got along and this far you weren't fighting over anything, but your roommate seemed just sort of distant. You grab your wallet which held your card which allowed you to buy your meals along with your student ID, giving Kaoru a smile.

"Sure," Kaoru replies without hesitation, opening the door and then waited for you to exit first. As you both make your way towards the cafeteria many other students are as well. "There are actually two cafetieres," you comment making small talk. "The orientation said it was because there were so many students here that instead of having one packed and overwhelmed they built two. I wonder if they serve the same meals."

"They do. They're actually completely identical from what I've heard," Kaoru replies, seeming to know more about Eitoku than yourself.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask about favorite food.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask about their former school.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask about their thoughts on Eitoku.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask about their parents.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-cutlery[/fa] Ask about favorite food.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-building[/fa] Ask about their former school.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask about their thoughts on Eitoku.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Ask about their parents.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about favorite food.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about their former school.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about their thoughts on Eitoku.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about their parents.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Ask about their thoughts on Eitoku.

• Choice: Ask about their thoughts on Eitoku.

"So, uhm, what do you think of Eitoku?" you ask trying to continue the small talk as you both walk to the cafeteria. Part of you, a small part, hoped against reason, that they were also perhaps a scholarship student.

"It is what it is? I mean, most of students here are snobs. Not to mention the wealth hierarchy thing they have here. It's like its own little caste system you could say. It's pretty annoying. The more wealthy you are, the more you can get away with stuff because mommy and daddy can pay off the school with 'donations.' Some don't even have to wear uniforms! I would honestly would have preferred going to a normal boarding school than this place."

Well, that hadn't really been what you were expecting, but you learned more a bit about school life here than what was presented on the pretty booklet that was provided to you and your parents. Surely the people you've met today aren't jerks like that if they find out you're not rich or famous? Daichi had made that comment, but he hadn't told you to buzz off afterwards. That meant something right?

"This must be your first year here then, asking that type of question," Kaoru continues. "I already know you're a scholarship student because I googled your surname and found it wasn't connected to any one wealthy of famous. You do that with anyone's name here and you're going to get some results like that. Before you get all offended I googled you, I wanted to be prepared if I had to deal with a spoiled brat for a roommate. I'll tell you I'm honestly relieved. I'm not a scholarship student like yourself, but I'm what you would call 'new money.' My dad's business boomed and my parents wanted to fit in better with the rich society so I get sent off here to make 'friends' with other students here."

"Honestly," they sigh, "It's been a nightmare. I don't have any interest in making friends with snobs who only care about what designer you're wearing and what your parent's gross income in as well as your allowance."

"O-Oh," you stutter out, not sure what exactly to say to that. They were glad you weren't one of those they dislike, but what they were telling you worried you.

"Don't worry! If anyone hassles you, just tell me," Kaoru says after seeing your worried expression.

You both reach the cafeteria and enter. You had been here for a tour earlier and had thought it was way too extravagant for a cafeteria, and returning you still felt that way. Unlike normal schools with generic and cheap tables and chairs bought in bulk in dim colors, these were all high-end wood tables with matching cushioned chairs and tablecloths. You didn't go down a lunch line with a tray here. No, you sat down at a table and ordered from a menu!

You anxiously follow after Kaoru who leads the way to a smaller table next to a window, sitting down and picking up a menu. You do the same and within sixty seconds a waiter is there asking for your order.

What will you order?

[div class=buttons]
    Steak
    [div class=buttons]
    Lobster
    [div class=buttons]
    Fish[/div][div class=buttons]
    Vegetables[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Steak
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Lobster
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-circle[/fa] Fish
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-leaf[/fa] Vegetables
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Steak") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Lobster") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Fish") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Vegetables") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Steak

• Choice: Steak

You decide to order a steak. Might as well use your scholarship to your advantage since you didn't have to worry about paying for breakfast, lunch, or dinner in the cafeteria. While there was a limit, such as not ordering seconds or certain specialty dishes, that still left you options which were still very expensive to those of common means. "I guess I'll have steak too then," Kaoru informs the waiter before handing over her menu, which you also do.

"Weird, right?"

"Weird," you agree because this was strange to you. At least Kaoru seemed to understand what the non-rich lifestyle was which was a bit of a relief. What if you had gotten a roommate that was exactly what Kaoru also feared; some rich spoiled person. That wasn't to say that all rich people were jerks as proven by those you had already met, but it made you wonder about the 'what-ifs.'

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask about Kaoru's experiences here.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask Kaoru for advice.
    [div class=buttons]
    Ask Kaoru for their contact info.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask about Kaoru's family.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask about Kaoru's experiences here.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Ask Kaoru for advice.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-mobile[/fa] Ask Kaoru for their contact info.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-users[/fa] Ask about Kaoru's family.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about Kaoru's experiences here.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask Kaoru for advice.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask Kaoru for their contact info.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about Kaoru's family.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Ask about Kaoru's experiences here.

• Choice: Ask about Kaoru's experiences here.

Rather than sit in awkward silence while you both waited for your food to arrive you decide to keep the conversation going. "What's it been like for you here?" Kaoru had obviously been here before and based on their earlier words it seems like they weren't too pleased with the school.

"Honestly? My first semester was a nightmare. Basically a bunch of jerks acting high and mighty. People who I thought were my friends actually were the ones who started rumors about me and talked behind my back. The ones who were jerks were just apathetic about it all or turned a blind eye to it. It only lasted for that semester though as I pretty much called them out on all that stuff. The haven't bothered with me since, but I don't think such people are worth bothering with even trying to be friend with."

"The people I've met in my classes have been pretty nice to me. I mean, sure one of them did say something offensive, but I think it's because he just... doesn't sugarcoat or even think before he speaks."

"It's only been one day. Sorry for my pessimistic attitude, but be careful. Even if the people who you've met are nice, their social groups outside of you may not approve of you socializing with their friend and try and stop it from happening."

"I-I'll keep that in mind," you say a bit anxiously.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask Kaoru for advice.
    [div class=buttons]
    Change subject to music.
    [div class=buttons]
    Talk about weather.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask about Kaoru's family.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Say you hope to be their friend.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Ask Kaoru for advice.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-music[/fa] Change subject to music.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-cloud[/fa] Talk about weather.
    [/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFive" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-diamond[/fa] Say you hope to be their friend.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask Kaoru for advice.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to music.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about weather.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about Kaoru's family.") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Say you hope to be their friend.") (show ChoiceContentFive) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Say you hope to be their friend.

• Choice: Say you hope to be their friend.
    Doki! +1

It seems Kaoru, after their experience at Eitoku, probably was lacking friends. While it was rude to assume such things and even if you were incorrect, you want to be their friend as well. "Well, it sounds like you had a rough time here. I know this sounds a bit silly to say, but I do hope we can be friends."

Kaoru actually seems a bit stunned by your point-blank statement. "S-Sure, I hope we can be friends," they reply. You give them a friendly smile and your food arrives. Kaoru doesn't waste time and digs in, so you do as well. The first savory bite was pure bliss. There were numerous problems and potential issues attending Eitoku, but the quality of the food was not one of them.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Talk about video games.
    [div class=buttons]
    Talk about music.
    [div class=buttons]
    Talk about books.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Ask about Kaoru's family.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Talk about Sports Club.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-gamepad[/fa] Talk about video games.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-music[/fa] Talk about music.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-book[/fa] Talk about books.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-futbol-o[/fa] Talk about Sports Club.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about video games.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about music.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about books.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about Kaoru's family.") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about Sports Club.") (show ChoiceContentFive) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: Double the Doki, Double the Fun!
    [class=achievement] display: flex; width:400px; margin:auto; margin-bottom:5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -moz-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -webkit-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; [/class] [class name=achievement state=hover] background-color:#5d5add; color:#fff; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class=unlock] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:50%; background-color:#ccc; font-size:50px; [/class] [class=text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:250px; padding:10px; box-size:border-box; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; [/class]

[div class=achievement][div class=unlock][/div][div class=text][div class=text1]Achievement Unlocked
    Double the Doki, Double the Fun![/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Talk about books.

• Choice: Talk about books.

"So, uhm, what kind of books do you like to read?" you ask Kaoru, preferring to chat than eat in silence. You also want to get to know them better and as odd as asking questions could be, it was better than just lurking around and waiting to learn something.

"I swear if you laugh..." Kaoru begins. "I like teen romance books. Second choice would be probably fantasy. I'm not really a fan of classics or intellectual books you could say. What about you?"

What genre/setting do you prefer to read?

[div class=buttons]
    Sci-fi/Futuristic
    [div class=buttons]
    Romance
    [div class=buttons]
    Fantasy[/div][div class=buttons]
    Horror[/div][div class=buttons]
    Adventure[/div][div class=buttons]
    Mystery[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-rocket[/fa] Sci-fi/Futuristic
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-heart[/fa] Romance
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-beer[/fa] Fantasy
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bolt[/fa] Horror
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Adventure
    [/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentSix" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-question-circle-o[/fa] Mystery
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Sci-fi/Futuristic") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Romance") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Fantasy") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Horror") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Adventure") (show ChoiceContentFive) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Mystery") (show ChoiceContentSix) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Mystery

• Choice: Mystery

"If I had pick my favorite genre it would be mystery," you reply thoughtfully. "Though my second favorite would also be romance," you admit with a laugh.

"Mystery huh? I'll admit, you look more like a Sci-fi type to me, but you can't judge a book by its cover, right? I'm not much into mystery myself, at least where books are concerned. TV shows? Sure, I like those if they aren't predictable, which is rare these days."

The waiter comes by and refills your drinks before swiftly leaving after asking if either of you needed anything. Honestly, this was more like a restaurant than a cafeteria and it felt weird. "I know, it's odd coming here with the word 'cafeteria' in mind when it's like you're at a restaurant," Kaoru comments after seeing your expression.

"W-We don't have to leave a tip, right?" you ask a bit nervously.

"Nah, you aren't required to, but if you can manage a tip every now and then you'll save yourself some grief. The rich brats of this place always tip their very dedicated waiters, but it's not for just their service in bringing them food, but also to give them information they overhear. If you make an enemy from one of those nasty characters, you can bet they are 'tipping' the waiter to snoop on your conversations. You can kind of tell if they are though, at least the less cautious ones. They'll be more attentive to you than they normally are and way more friendly and chatty. Notice our waiter preferring to only spend as much time as necessary for asking if we need stuff? How they don't linger or try and make small talk? Means we're not of any interest to anyone in particular, but I'd still be cautious because that doesn't mean someone else isn't snooping,"

"Y-You're not joking?"

"Nope, not at all. Scandals and blackmail are the main weapons on choice, followed by bribes. Welcome to Eitoku," Kaoru says with a shrug.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Ask about who to avoid.
    [div class=buttons]
    Change subject to music.
    [div class=buttons]
    Change subject to assignments.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Change subject to TV shows.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask about who to avoid.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-music[/fa] Change subject to music.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Change subject to assignments.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-television[/fa] Change subject to TV shows.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about who to avoid.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to music.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to assignments.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to TV shows.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: 500 posts!

500th post by DergTheDergon DergTheDergon [/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Ask about who to avoid.

• Choice: Ask about who to avoid.

You begin to wonder if coming here really was a good idea. Your parents had been so excited! You had been excited a bit too, but also very anxious for worries like the one Kaoru confirmed were real. Sure, not everyone here was a jerk. You already met a few nice classmates and even Kaoru was nice. Perhaps you were lucky or maybe they just hadn't all found out about you yet.

"Well, who would you suggest I avoid?" you ask, since you had someone who seemed to know the darker side of Eitoku, getting some names to make sure you don't deal with problems later would be a good idea.

"There are way to many names to give you. I wouldn't say avoid anyone unless you want to and to just be cautious. If someone gives you trouble - and while you might not agree with this - you have a trump card being a scholarship student. You go to any of the deans and report you're being harassed and threaten them with negative publicity, most likely they'll interfere for you a bit. I wouldn't abuse that option though. One scholarship student ended up getting a bit mad with power you could say and used that little ploy for a while before being delicately removed from the school."

"Why were they removed? Just for crying wolf?"

"No, if it was that simple of a matter they would've just gotten something like a suspension. They were expelled because they were using their status to harass the students they didn't like. Obviously you can see that was a problem and while I don't think you'd ever go down that path... I am just saying you'll need to be creative to deal with any problematic students bothering you before go really have to use your status as a last resort."

"Ugh, this is way more complicated than I thought this would be. I just wanted to go to a nice school and now-"

"Now the pretty little veil of the pamphlet has been lifted and you have buyer's remorse, right?"

You nod a bit before sighing. It was too late to back out now. You were going to deal with whatever came your way. The waiter came and gathered your used dinnerware as you were both finished with your meal, leaving behind two leather-bound holders for the checks. Kaoru took out what seemed to be a black credit card and you take out your meal card. The waiter takes the cards, but gives you a once-over after they see your card and leaving without a word. He returns with your cards and a receipt which you both sign before getting up to leave and walking back towards your dorm.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Do your assignments with Kaoru.
    [div class=buttons]
    Watch Youtube.
    [div class=buttons]
    Play videogames.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Invite Kaoru for a stroll.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Do your assignments with Kaoru.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-television[/fa] Watch Youtube.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-gamepad[/fa] Play videogames.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-leaf[/fa] Invite Kaoru for a stroll.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Do your assignments with Kaoru.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Watch Youtube.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Play videogames.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Invite Kaoru for a stroll.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Do your assignments with Kaoru.

• Choice: Do your assignments with Kaoru.

"We should probably get the assignments done sooner rather than later," you say to Kaoru as they take off their shoes. Kaoru agrees and you both sit at your desks which are next to each other. You spend time at first helping Kaoru with the assignments from your shared classes before continuing onto your other assignments once those were done. That left Kaoru at first watching over your work since it was likely their classes might've covered the same material. Eventually though they moved to lay on their bed and play games on their phone.

Before you knew it Kaoru was already asleep in their bed having showered and changed into PJs. You stretch out your arms and back, finished with all your assignments. You hadn't expected there to be this much on the first day. You decide to call it a night and just change into your PJs before crawling into bed and going to sleep.

You groan as your hear an alarm go off and fumble around trying to find your phone and turn it off. Even after managing to hit the snooze the alarm continues an you open up your eyes and blearily see Kaoru's phone flashing. You groan and put a pillow over your head wondering how long Kaoru was going to sleep through their alarm.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Stay in bed and try to ignore the alarm.
    [div class=buttons]
    Wake up Kaoru yourself.
    [div class=buttons]
    Hit the snooze on Kaoru's phone.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bed[/fa] Stay in bed and try to ignore the alarm.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Wake up Kaoru yourself.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Hit the snooze on Kaoru's phone.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Stay in bed and try to ignore the alarm.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Wake up Kaoru yourself.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Hit the snooze on Kaoru's phone.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Wake up Kaoru yourself. (Start: Day 2)

• Day Two at Eitoku
    (Day 1 Summary)​

Choice: Wake up Kaoru yourself.

You groan unhappily as you get up and stumble groggily over to Kaoru's bed, leaning over and shaking their shoulder. "Kaoru," you whine. "You need to get up, you're alarm is going nuts." Kaoru doesn't even twitch at first which causes you to shake their shoulder a bit harder. Kaoru jerks awake and knocks their foreheard into yours causing you both to let out a yelp of pain and press your palms into the injured area.

Kaoru fumbled for a moment before finally turning off their phone and looks at you with squinting eyes that weren't quite ready to greet the day. "S-Sorry," they manage to say as you both rub your forehead. "I should've warned you I jolt up when I do wake up. It's a weird reflex."

"It's fine. I don't know how you can sleep through that alarm though."

"Heh, yeah I'm a bit of a deep sleeper. You would think they would have invented a better alarm for people like me," Kaoru says with a yawn as they get out of bed.

"We should get ready to go so we can get breakfast. I skipped it yesterday morning and would prefer not to today." You move to go to the bathroom you both shared tending to your morning needs and changing into your school uniform in privacy. After you Kaoru does the same and you both leave for the cafeteria; claming the same seats you did for dinner. It seemed more students went for breakfast than they did for dinner because it was much more crowded today.

The waiter arrives and asks for your orders.

What will you order?

[div class=buttons]
    Eggs
    [div class=buttons]
    Pancakes
    [div class=buttons]
    French Toast[/div][div class=buttons]
    Cereal[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Eggs
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Pancakes
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-arrow-right[/fa] French Toast
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-hand-o-right[/fa] Cereal
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Eggs") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pancakes") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "French Toast") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Cereal") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Day 1!

Survived Day 1![/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Pancakes

• Choice: Pancakes
    (Chocolate Chip by popular demand.)

You order some chocolate chip pancakes and Kaoru orders some eggs. The waiter leave you both to enter in your order and you yawn widely. You had probably stayed up a bit too late working on everything, but you wanted to get the assignments done sooner rather than later, even if some weren't due today. "I have to say I can see why you're a scholarship student," Kaoru commented.

"S-Sorry. Before I knew it you had already gone to bed and it was super late."

"It's nothing to apologize for, next time I'll just tap your shoulder to get your attention."

Your food arrives and you both eat and add the to overall sound of flatware clinking on plates and idle chatter. You both finish your meals relatively quickly and pay your bills as same as you did for dinner before getting up and heading to your History Class.

"So, what's the teacher like for History?"

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    He's strict but fair.
    [div class=buttons]
    He's strict but unfair.
    [div class=buttons]
    You aren't really sure.[/div][div class=buttons]
    He seems nice.[/div][div class=buttons]
    He seems mean.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] He's strict but fair.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] He's strict but unfair.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bolt[/fa] You aren't really sure.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-leaf[/fa] He seems nice.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-snowflake-o[/fa] He seems mean.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "He's strict but fair.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "He's strict but unfair.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "You aren't really sure.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "He seems nice.") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "He seems mean.") (show ChoiceContentFive) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: He's strict but fair.

• Choice: He's strict but fair.

"He's strict but fair. We need to get to the class early, he sort of doesn't consider the tardy bell as the official indication of being late. He expects everyone to be seated before then," you reply.

"One of those types huh? I haven't had him for a class before, but I had a class with Ms. Kameda last year. She's pretty nice unless you get on her bad side. She gets this evil gleam in her eyes when you've gotten to that point with her and you may as well consider your class a personal hell with her at that point."

"Y-You can't be serious."

"Oh-ho I am. Like I said, it's only if you get on her bad side. Last year it was one male student who constantly mouthed off. He regretted that choice."

"What exactly did he do?"

"Oh he said stupid stuff like 'women didn't need to learn math, let alone teach it.' I heard one time he went to her after school when he failed a test and tried to bribe her for a passing grade. Ms. Kameda apparently had recorded his proposition and he ended up transferring shortly after that. You wouldn't have even known because she acted like nothing had happened. Sent a shiver down my spine. I doubt you'd get on her bad side though."

You nervously swallow and hope you wouldn't. She had seemed so nice when you met her, but it seemed she didn't play around if you were doing something wrong. Maybe she really wasn't that scary, at least not to those who didn't have bad intentions.

You reach the classroom about ten minutes early, though there are already other students milling around, Hana being one of them. Hana waves to you eagerly and approaches to greet you. "Hi Makoto, who is this?"

"This is my roommate Kaoru. Kaoru this is my friend Hana."

Hana gives grin,"Oh so your roommate was the absent student from yesterday? If you need to copy any notes let me know. I don't mind letting you borrow them. I think your seat was over there by the way. He pretty much has us assigned where we sat on the first say."

The seat that had been left empty yesterday was a bit further back from where you and Hana sat meaning you wouldn't really be able to chat with them during class. It was fine though, you two were roommates though. Mr. Tanaka soon entered the room and offered his greetings to everyone who quickly started taking their seats as though class were about to start. "I'll see you in Math then Kaoru," you tell Kaoru as you take your seat next to Hana. Kaoru gives you a thumbs up and takes the seat Hana had pointed out.

Soon enough all the seats were filled and Mr. Tanaka began his lecture.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Take notes.
    [div class=buttons]
    Pass a note to Kaoru.
    [div class=buttons]
    Raise your hand to answer a question.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-pencil[/fa] Take notes.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-envelope[/fa] Pass a note to Kaoru.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting[/fa] Raise your hand to answer a question.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Take notes.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pass a note to Kaoru.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Raise your hand to answer a question.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7e00ff; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Choice: Raise your hand to answer a question.

• Choice: Raise your hand to answer a question.
    +1 to Regard!

You raise your hand when Mr. Tanaka asked the class a question and he calls on you. You answer correctly and he gives to a nod of approval before continuing with the lecture. You weren't going to slack because if your grades dropped super low you risked losing your scholarship. More questions came, but you didn't raise your hand for all of them since that would have appeared a bit too eager. The other students in your class seemed intelligent as those who answered generally got it correct. The only one who didn't answer a question correctly was actually Hana who after being informed she was wrong looked dejected.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Take notes.
    [div class=buttons]
    Pass a note to Kaoru.
    [div class=buttons]
    Pass a note to Hana.[/div][div class=buttons]
    Skip to end of class.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-pencil[/fa] Take notes.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-envelope[/fa] Pass a note to Kaoru.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Pass a note to Hana.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-hourglass-2[/fa] Skip to end of class.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Take notes.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pass a note to Kaoru.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pass a note to Hana.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Skip to end of class.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7e00ff; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: 500 posts!Raised Regard with Mr. Tanaka
    [class=achievement] display: flex; width:400px; margin:auto; margin-bottom:5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -moz-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -webkit-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; [/class] [class name=achievement state=hover] background-color:#5d5add; color:#fff; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class=unlock] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:50%; background-color:#ccc; font-size:50px; [/class] [class=text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:250px; padding:10px; box-size:border-box; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; [/class] [div class=achievement][div class=unlock][/div][div class=text][div class=text1]Achievement Unlocked
    Raised Regard with Mr. Tanaka[/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Take notes.

• Choice: Take notes.
    +1 to Studying (History)!

(Back to the regularly scheduled program! Or at least trying to get back to it. XD )

You spend the rest of your class diligently taking notes. You needed to maintain your grades if you wanted to keep your scholarship here and Eitoku wasn't an easy school to get into due to their high standards, though you begin to wonder how many students just bought their way in. You shake your head of those thoughts and re-focus. It wasn't your business. Your business was being a good student.

The bell rang and you let out a deep sigh and flexed your aching fingers on your hand. You had written down so much that you worried you were going to get a hand cramp. Hana and Kaoru approach you. "I'll see you in Math then," Kaoru says with a wave before leaving the room.

"I figured we could chat on the way to your next class since they're in the same direction," Hana said with a smile.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
    Walk with Hana.
    [div class=buttons]
    Walk alone.
    [div class=buttons]
    Skip class and go to the cafe.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Walk with Hana.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Walk alone.
    [fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-coffee[/fa] Skip class and go to the cafe.
    [/div] [/div]
    [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Walk with Hana.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Walk alone.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Skip class and go to the cafe.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7e00ff; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Back