• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Doki Doki Vol. 1

Choice: Say you hope to be their friend.

Choice: Say you hope to be their friend.
Doki! +1

It seems Kaoru, after their experience at Eitoku, probably was lacking friends. While it was rude to assume such things and even if you were incorrect, you want to be their friend as well. "Well, it sounds like you had a rough time here. I know this sounds a bit silly to say, but I do hope we can be friends."

Kaoru actually seems a bit stunned by your point-blank statement. "S-Sure, I hope we can be friends," they reply. You give them a friendly smile and your food arrives. Kaoru doesn't waste time and digs in, so you do as well. The first savory bite was pure bliss. There were numerous problems and potential issues attending Eitoku, but the quality of the food was not one of them.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Talk about video games.
[div class=buttons]
Talk about music.
[div class=buttons]
Talk about books.[/div][div class=buttons]
Ask about Kaoru's family.[/div][div class=buttons]
Talk about Sports Club.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-gamepad[/fa] Talk about video games.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentTwo" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-music[/fa] Talk about music.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentThree" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-book[/fa] Talk about books.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFour" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-users[/fa] Ask about Kaoru's family.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFive" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-futbol-o[/fa] Talk about Sports Club.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about video games.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about music.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about books.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about Kaoru's family.") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Talk about Sports Club.") (show ChoiceContentFive) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Achievement Unlocked: Double the Doki, Double the Fun!
[class=achievement] display: flex; width:400px; margin:auto; margin-bottom:5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -moz-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -webkit-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; [/class] [class name=achievement state=hover] background-color:#5d5add; color:#fff; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class=unlock] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:50%; background-color:#ccc; font-size:50px; [/class] [class=text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:250px; padding:10px; box-size:border-box; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; [/class]

[div class=achievement][div class=unlock][/div][div class=text][div class=text1]Achievement Unlocked
Double the Doki, Double the Fun![/div][/div][/div]

Choice: Talk about books.

Choice: Talk about books.

"So, uhm, what kind of books do you like to read?" you ask Kaoru, preferring to chat than eat in silence. You also want to get to know them better and as odd as asking questions could be, it was better than just lurking around and waiting to learn something.

"I swear if you laugh..." Kaoru begins. "I like teen romance books. Second choice would be probably fantasy. I'm not really a fan of classics or intellectual books you could say. What about you?"

What genre/setting do you prefer to read?

[div class=buttons]
Sci-fi/Futuristic
[div class=buttons]
Romance
[div class=buttons]
Fantasy[/div][div class=buttons]
Horror[/div][div class=buttons]
Adventure[/div][div class=buttons]
Mystery[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-rocket[/fa] Sci-fi/Futuristic
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-heart[/fa] Romance
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-beer[/fa] Fantasy
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bolt[/fa] Horror
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFive" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Adventure
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentSix" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-question-circle-o[/fa] Mystery
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Sci-fi/Futuristic") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Romance") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Fantasy") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Horror") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Adventure") (show ChoiceContentFive) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Mystery") (show ChoiceContentSix) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Mystery, because that you all need to uncover the secret of flirting. Visibly, you didn’t found it yet XD

Choice: Mystery

Choice: Mystery

"If I had pick my favorite genre it would be mystery," you reply thoughtfully. "Though my second favorite would also be romance," you admit with a laugh.

"Mystery huh? I'll admit, you look more like a Sci-fi type to me, but you can't judge a book by its cover, right? I'm not much into mystery myself, at least where books are concerned. TV shows? Sure, I like those if they aren't predictable, which is rare these days."

The waiter comes by and refills your drinks before swiftly leaving after asking if either of you needed anything. Honestly, this was more like a restaurant than a cafeteria and it felt weird. "I know, it's odd coming here with the word 'cafeteria' in mind when it's like you're at a restaurant," Kaoru comments after seeing your expression.

"W-We don't have to leave a tip, right?" you ask a bit nervously.

"Nah, you aren't required to, but if you can manage a tip every now and then you'll save yourself some grief. The rich brats of this place always tip their very dedicated waiters, but it's not for just their service in bringing them food, but also to give them information they overhear. If you make an enemy from one of those nasty characters, you can bet they are 'tipping' the waiter to snoop on your conversations. You can kind of tell if they are though, at least the less cautious ones. They'll be more attentive to you than they normally are and way more friendly and chatty. Notice our waiter preferring to only spend as much time as necessary for asking if we need stuff? How they don't linger or try and make small talk? Means we're not of any interest to anyone in particular, but I'd still be cautious because that doesn't mean someone else isn't snooping,"

"Y-You're not joking?"

"Nope, not at all. Scandals and blackmail are the main weapons on choice, followed by bribes. Welcome to Eitoku," Kaoru says with a shrug.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Ask about who to avoid.
[div class=buttons]
Change subject to music.
[div class=buttons]
Change subject to assignments.[/div][div class=buttons]
Change subject to TV shows.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask about who to avoid.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-music[/fa] Change subject to music.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-file-text-o[/fa] Change subject to assignments.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-television[/fa] Change subject to TV shows.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about who to avoid.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to music.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to assignments.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Change subject to TV shows.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#434834; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Ask about who to avoid.

Security should come first in this case. And if not, then potential for interaction, since these "please avoid them" types tend to be pretty plot relevant

Ask about who to avoid. I don’t see another option that doesn’t make it sound like we’re frantically avoiding this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back