• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Amunet

Nehiyaw Iskwew.

setting_zps3be42b72.png

Currently open and accepting new players!

Political schemes, romantic scandals, royal assassinations...bloody battles. Our main story starts in the city of Baile - a dark, impoverished place in northern hills of Glasluigh, recently liberated from the tyrannical Empire of Crosaire. The country has been thrown into a state of turmoil and suffering. Death has touched every home - there is misery at each door... The new ruler of Glasluigh has been charged with the task of leading his people out of darkness and his rebellion to victory. Yet all the powers of fate seem to be against him. His only choice now is to turn to a matriarchal orient and a horde of bloodthirsty barbarians to the North - but will he be able to convince his people to follow him?

Current Year: 1409

On the dawn of the fourteenth century, the Croasairan empire made a new campaign into Kirharesh on the boarders of the Dalelands. The Dales had long been a bidding piece between the two Empires; lost and won throughout the centuries. After decades of stagnant fighting, the Kingdom of Baleria came into alliance with Croasaire and the Dalelands of purged of its eastern rulers.
The Emperor of Croasaire, Florianus Gaius, still far from achieving his ultimate goals, invades Kirharesh on the coasts of the Samaria desert, plunging the world into a second World War.

The current age is now 1409 and four brutal years have dragged on in Samaria. Kirharesh's forces have been pushed back to the southern boarders of the dominion. The old Queen of Kirharesh has passed away, leaving her daughter to ascend the throne. The only hope for Kirharesh is to find new allies and expand to the North. The Queen has heard whispers of a new Bastard King, who may just be the one to aid her crumbling Empire.

Rebellion of the Horselords:
Before the beginning of the Great War, a Prince of Croasaire was was sent to Glasluigh at the age of sixteen to reign as Vice Regent. Glasluigh was an impoverished country, home to poor horselords and the peasants that served them. Born a bastard, it did not take him long to learn the corrupt nature of his father. When he was exiled to rule the newly taken lands of Glasluigh, he began to reshape the Kingdom in hopes of liberating it's people. In 1408, the Vice Regent suddenly rebelled against his father's puppet Nobles, reinstated the former Horselords of the Reach, and declared Glasluigh an independent Nation. Small battles have been fought on the western and eastern fronts of Glasluigh and Emperor Gaius is now at war with his own son.

G l a s l u i g h
The country of Glasluigh is a land riddled with rocky green hills and jagged mountain peaks. The climate is often cool with heavy rainfall. The dominion is surrounded by the Western Sea. The central mountain range, commonly known as The Spines, divides the country into two main regions: the territories of Baile and Graig. Baile is the capitol, home to Castle Casiel, a powerful stronghold for the Horselords of the Reach.

The Captiol of Glasluigh is Baile, where our story begins. It is a large town bordered by a perimeter of stone, mounted atop a large kame at the foot of The Spines. Due to the war between the Croasaire and Kirharesh, Baile had to undergo a series of heavy taxation. Their resources have been heavily exploited and much of the Kingdom's rich mines and crops have been used to fuel Croasaire's armies.

Baile is quite well fortified, built upon a series of high grassy kames. In the central plaza can be found markets, blacksmiths, stables, barracks, taverns and apothecaries. Most of the populace live on the outskirts of the city, tending to the fields of corn, beans & squash most commonly grown there. Most of the people dress simply in handmade cotton tunics, wool frocks or soft hides. Some nobility can be seen wearing imported goods such as silk or satin, but few bother with the difficulties of importing foreign fineries. Gold and silver are in short supply due to Croasire's heavy taxation. Glasluigh is considered to be far more multi-ethnic than the other kingdoms, thus the people are slightly more diverse in terms of looks and ethnicity.

K i r h a r e s h
The lands of Kirharesh are hot, desolate and unforgiving. The people of Kiraresh, The Ummah, consider themselves the holy First Peoples of Domhanda. Kirharesh is covered with endless summits of sand, barren canyons, salty seas and dry grassy plains. Along the coastlines, fertile mangroves can be found packed with small port cities and towns. Rivers and inlets serve as the primary highways and modes of transportation, while some travel by camel across trade routes. The people of Kirharesh worship Arunah, the goddess of the moon and her consort and brother Esh-Ban, God of the Sun. The Ummah culture revolves heavily around these Sibling Gods. There were once many smaller faiths and cultures spread across the continent, but they have been assimilated into the Ummah culture over the ages.
'Pure' and noble Ummah possess ebony or tanned skin, dark eyes, dark hair and pointed ears. They are essentially the Elves of Domhanda, with elongated ears regarded as a status symbol (though few carry the genetic trait today.) The women of Kirharesh hold extremely high positions of authority; it is considered a matrilienal and matriarchal society. Men are often viewed to be ill-suited for governance and inferior to women, forced to live their lives primarily as consorts, hunters, fishermen, fathers, slaves or foot soldiers.

Among all the cities in Domhanda, the Imperial city of Beth-horn is by far the most beautiful and ancient. The entire city is built upon a network of red-stone causeways. The city was founded on the Medad - a vast Oasis located along the banks of the Calsuhim river. The city is lush with exotic fruits, greenery, gardens, elegant temples, colorful tapestries and exquisite sculptures. Many travel by slim boats or gondolas, shipping off goods to the bazaars and ports along the Edrei Sea (known as The Ocean of Fire.) Common folk live in large, multi-level apartment complexes. The bazaars are renown for being some of the most opulent and extravagant in all of Eastern Domhanda. Some of the city's most prominent features are the grand bathhouses, amphitheater and the Great Temple of Arunah.

The imperial palace of Baara is the largest structure ever built, exceeding even the grandeur of the Imperial Palace of Croasaire. Dome watchtowers and lofty spires stretch far along stone palisades which boarder the Inner Ward. The palace is guarded by hundreds of well trained men - the Shemer - a brotherhood of renown warriors. Within the palace, alabaster corridors can be seen draped in elegant silks, tapestries and gold. The palace is regarded as Sacred and the Ummah believe that the royal family itself has long been appointed by Arunah to rule divinely on Earth. As such, the palace interior is never to be seen by a commoner, nor is the Queen and her family.

The most revered warriors in Kirharesh are the Spearmaidens of the Moon Guard; chosen warriors of Arunah and the Queensguard. Heirs are only chosen by the High Priestesses of Arunah.
Men and women dress in light garbs, robes, and sandals. Common-folk wear linens, cotton, and silver, while nobles and royalty adorn themselves in cashmere, silk, satin, precious stones and gold. Noble Ummah women wear veils to mask their beauty and Divinity from the unworthy (Men) and often decorate their eyes and cheeks with paints, shimmer or crushed gemstones. Only a noble lady's husband, children, or closest servants are allowed to gaze upon her face. The common weapons of choice in Kirharesh are sickles, scimitars, spears and bow-and-arrows. Slavery and indentured servitude is hallmark of Ummah Culture and how a vast amount of their wealth is generated.

F e r a a n
In all of Domhanda, there are few places as treacherous as the White Wastes of Fearaan. It is an impossible labyrinth of icy stalactites, desolate mountains, frigid tundra and frozen glaciers. The wind is forever cold and bitter - the land seems ward away all those that dare to tread it. The very earth moves beneath all that prowls, giving Fearaan the nickname of 'The Land of Moving Ice.' Indeed, as an entity, Fearaan is a malicious and bitter world, yet it is the inhabitants that strike fear into the hearts of those who have heard of it. Mammoths and arctic wolves, savage clans of Northmen and Sabre cats: it is no place for the faint of heart.

The peoples of Fearaan are known to be barbaric and ruthless to the rest of the world and 'revel' in bloodshed. The misconceptions are understandable, considering how isolated Fearaan is compared to the rest of the Kingdoms of Domhanda. The populace are mostly fair-skinned, tall and robust. Unlike Croasaire, female warriors are not discouraged. They are fierce yet honorable people, whom worship a Pantheon of deities and animism (a belief that most natural forces possess a spirit.) Feraani's adorn their bodies in the thick furs from various Ice Age fauna, craft most of their tools from natural resources, and heavily tattoo their bodies. Some Chieftan's often possess steel weapons and armor traded from distance Baleria. Feraani are known for their rituals, often sacrificing animals of (or even men) to their gods.

The Feraani travel by the seasons and follow herds of wild game, often feuding with local Chiefdoms. Hundreds of clans are spread throughout the region. The most notable clans are: Tribe of the Elk, The Wolf, The White Cat, The Whale, and the Ram. Thorvaald is the chieftain of the Tribe of the Wolf and his counter-part is Halvard, Tribe of the Elk. Both of these leaders dominate Fearaan. The people of Fearaan have fought for centuries, but now a new threat has triggered a movement of unification among the clans. The ice sheets have suddenly started to melt, flash floods and wreaking havoc along the waterways, and the dwindling herds of bison, mammoth, and elk have started to heavily strain the people. Even some of the most ferocious of Ice age beasts are starting to vanish. The people of Feraan may not be far behind...

1.Please be advised that this is strictly a LOW fantasy game and it is rooted in realism. That means that there is 'some'
mysticism and magic, but is more-or-less forgotten and unheard of at this point in history. It will be introduced later
as the story unfolds.
2. All players are expected to follow and abide by the Roleplayer's Creed.
4. Please do your research into the medieval way of life before joining. Writing concepts like this can be
daunting, but once you equip yourself with some background history, it's fun! Think GoT, without the Dragons.

Character Creation Notes:
1. Your character should hail from on of the four main empires: Croasaire, Kirharesh, Baleria, or Fearaan.
4. Your character's actions will be judged and punished realistically. Keep that in mind.
Characters can die if you are not careful. And some will.
5. Women fighters were rare during this age. The dark ages were not known for equality. Because
of this, if you desire to play a female character with warrior traits, be aware other characters or NPC's may frown upon it depending on the reigon.
In Kirharesh & Feraan, female warriors are common. Glasluigh women are permitted to learn falconry and archery. Crosaire women are forbidden entirely.
6. Weapons were steel, wood, iron, stone or bone. Long-swords, halberds, bow and arrows, spears, etc. Keep your weapons
simple and realistic. No gunpowder, etc.
7. I strongly encourage players to make NPC's. I also strongly encourage them to make secondary characters to keep up story progression. They
will come in handy when your main is tied up in leadership role or key storyline.

If you have further questions, please ask!

Hello! If you have made it this far, I commend you and thank you for your interest! There are several key spots that are needed for this story. Each typist is allowed one main character and up to two secondary characters (because mains can be restricting.) This roleplay will be played out through story arks (chapters) and it will introduce characters whom are needed over time. For instance, in the beginning, writers will be centered in Baile and Beth-Horn. No character is exempt from the chopping block here - that means you can expect people to eventually me their ends. This is very much here to fill the GoT void left in all our hearts. </3 Below I will list off some main roles that will eventually need filling, however, feel free to submit your own!

This roleplay welcomes all sorts of characters. If you need examples of good secondaries: a general, healer, courtesan, thief, spy, assassin, handmaiden, pirate, squire, knight, etc. The options are limitless really, as long as they fit the context of the world. Please send or post completed profiles to Amunet for approval!

K E Y C H A R A C T E R S

Glasluigh

The King of Glasluigh: Open.
Duchess of Baile: Open.
Commander of Baile: Open.

Kirharesh
Queen of Kirharesh: Reserved by Amunet.
Royal Viser: Open.
Leader of the Shemer: Open.
Head of the Queensguard: Open.

Feraan
Chief of the Tribe of the Elk: Reserved for Amunet.
Chief of the Tribe of the Wolf: Open.
Chief of the Tribe of the Ram: Open

Croasaire
Master of Shadows: Open.
Emperor Gaius: Open.
Master of War: Open.

S K E L E T O N
(Feel free to edit the Character template to your heart's content. Just make sure to fill out all the details listed.)

CHARACTER NAME

( Please insert your character image here. No anime please.)

N a m e s a k e:
Enter character name.
A l i a s:
Name commonly used.
N u m e r i c a l:

S o c i o l o g i c a l :
Profession: Enter job title. Martial Status: Single, widowed, mistress, married, engaged.
Homeland: Town, city, country.
Allegiance: Your kingdom. Status: Are you a commoner, duke, etc?

B i o l o g i c a l :
Height:___ Weight:____ Ethnicity: Chose from Croasarian, Feraani, Ummah, Bailean or mixed-race.

P s y c h o l o g i c a l:
Enter a short description of the personality and mentality of your character.

P r o f i l e :
Enter a short written description of your character, including hair, eye, skin color, etc.

K i n d r e d:
Elaborate briefly on their family (e.x. any children, wife,) close friends and any important relationships/enemies.

F e a t s:
Please enter your characters talents, skills, etc. (with detail & max of 5)

A r s e n a l:
Please enter your character's weapons, equipment, armor, etc. (max of 3 weapons)

A r c h i v e:
Enter a brief overview of your character's past.

Last edited:
This sounds quite intriguing. I'm not at all experienced with this genre and I'm a tad concerned my performance might prove disappointing because of that, but I keep coming back to this so I figure it's worth an attempt if you don't mind a complete newb trying things out for the first time. I'm interested in the chief of the tribe of the wolf. Can that role be reserved? Or is it more of a first come, first serve sort of deal? If I may reserve it, is there anything else I should know about Thorvaald? I have an old character I feel might fit, but I was unsure if the fellow came with a pre-established personality/history. I'm also assuming Fearaan won't be coming into play at the start of this story and I should consider a secondary character for one of the other kingdoms. Out of curiosity, what marks the difference between a main and a secondary here? Apologies for all the questions, I just want to make certain I have all the details before moving on to creating any bios.

Hello Vespertine! Thanks so much for the interest. Yes, I have no problems reserving roles! I'll be posting an update soon on regards to rules & submitting characters, etc shortly. I'll also be posting my characters, so folks have some examples.

Thorvaald would be entirely your own creation, his name doesn't even have to stay the same. The only role he has to adhere to is being the leader of the Wolf tribe (at the beginning, who knows what may happen as stories develop and characters grow!)

I am actually involving Fearaan and Kirharesh quite early, Glasluigh requires their allegiances and things are warming in the North fast. If you'd like to play the Wolf, that leaves the Elk open for me to play. My intention is to play a character in each kingdom, so each plot line progresses smoothly without waiting on certain characters. It is very much like GoT story arcs in the books. We may often have to switch points of view.

We have the whole world to play in and our characters don't necessarily have to all meet yet. We will need time to get into their skin and flesh out their back stories a bit. The only difference between main and secondaries, are the mains will be necessary for key story progression. I may call upon the typist to make certain leadership calls or story checks (but let everyone remain more-or-less autonomous.) That is why it is nice to have a secondary, while your main may be tied doing important leader things.

Fantastic! I'd love to reserve the wolf chief in that case and I'll most likely create a secondary character for the other kingdoms as well. Thank you for the detailed answers, they were most helpful. I've always wanted to participate in a GoT roleplay and I've looked through a few, but I don't feel I know the lore for that series well enough so I was rather thrilled to find something that has similar vibes but is more or less original.

I might be putting a whole ton on my plate here but I'd like to play the duchess of baile and a spear maiden ^^ I was wondering if there anything else important I should know about the roles I chose?

Extremely interested in what you've established so far and I'd like to play as the Commander of Baile if possible. However, as much as I'm a fan of fantasy and the medieval period, I admit that I have little real knowledge towards its specifics. I'll make sure to do research of my own, but I only ask for your patience in the earlier stages of the roleplay.

Fantastic! I'd love to reserve the wolf chief in that case and I'll most likely create a secondary character for the other kingdoms as well. Thank you for the detailed answers, they were most helpful. I've always wanted to participate in a GoT roleplay and I've looked through a few, but I don't feel I know the lore for that series well enough so I was rather thrilled to find something that has similar vibes but is more or less original.

Wonderful! That role has been reserved for you! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions in regards to character development. I can always fill you in more details about Feraan via PM as well. ^_^

I might be putting a whole ton on my plate here but I'd like to play the duchess of baile and a spear maiden ^^ I was wondering if there anything else important I should know about the roles I chose?

jakthemenace, i'm pleased to hear you are interested in playing! The Duchess of Baile is an interesting role, she is more or less your own creation, but she does have a brief backstory I can fill you in on via PM. And a Spearmaiden is an excellent choice! The Queen is going to need some royal guard to keep her company on their travels to Baile. ;)

I absolutely ADORE this idea. I would love to play the King of Glasluigh and a female warrior-type character from Kirharesh or Feraan!

Hi mae! If you are interested in the King of Glasluigh, i'll be sure to PM you with a few more extra juicy details regarding his backstory. Being such a crucial role, I imagine we will have quite a bit of OOC correspondence and co-creating to do, if you decide to fill his shoes. Please do create a female warrior-type, she'd be a welcome addition.

Extremely interested in what you've established so far and I'd like to play as the Commander of Baile if possible. However, as much as I'm a fan of fantasy and the medieval period, I admit that I have little real knowledge towards its specifics. I'll make sure to do research of my own, but I only ask for your patience in the earlier stages of the roleplay.
Thanks for the interest Duckler! You are welcome to create a profile for the Commander of Baile, feel free to get creative with him! I certainly understand that the setting can be a little daunting, I am sure you will learn plenty along the journey!

Thank you, I'll get to work on some characters over the weekend, god willing. Your databases are already striking a little inspiration. I really would appreciate a more detailed account of Feraan via PM when you have the time. Are there certain rituals and traditions I should keep in mind, especially regarding my character's position? I want to make sure nothing I write for his backstory conflicts with your own vision for the tribe.

Also, I just looked through your Glasluigh database and I'm laughing over seeing Zach McGowan in there. Was absolutely going to use him for my wolf chief's fc, relying more on his appearance in the 100, mind you. Would that be an ill fit for Fearaan man or would you consider it doable?

Thank you, I'll get to work on some characters over the weekend, god willing. Your databases are already striking a little inspiration. I really would appreciate a more detailed account of Feraan via PM when you have the time. Are there certain rituals and traditions I should keep in mind, especially regarding my character's position? I want to make sure nothing I write for his backstory conflicts with your own vision for the tribe.

I'll send you some more details via PM this weekend for sure! I am considering making a website for players to use as an info data-base. It is a large world and there is a lot that could use filling in. Most of the cultures are based off real ones from history, so I consider Feraani to be similar to early Celts, just a bit more crude and less technologically advanced. Their druids would often sacrifice animals, men and women (sometimes even kings!) Rituals were for all different types of purposes, successful hunts, appeasing natural disasters, death of a leader, etc.
Also, I just looked through your Glasluigh database and I'm laughing over seeing Zach McGowan in there. Was absolutely going to use him for my wolf chief's fc, relying more on his appearance in the 100, mind you. Would that be an ill fit for Fearaan man or would you consider it doable?

And please do use McGowan! He is sexy af lol. ;)

Take your time and much appreciated! An info site would definitely be helpful in the long run I think. You've clearly put a lot of thought and work into this concept!

Aha, will do!

Hey folks, before I head off to bed, I just want to let you know that I will be posting Domhanda's OOC chat and Character forums tomorrow. Thanks again for all your interest! ^_^

Wait real quick. Who are the coarise based off of?

Glad you asked me this. They are essentially based off Rome. Military, proud, patriarchal, technologically advanced etc. Croasaire is introduced fairly late, so I have yet to add their details (some of the characters will be in Glasluigh & Kirharesh until then.)

And if anyone is curious about Baleria, I have based them off Scythia and the early Pontiac Steppe cultures (Kossacks, ancient Russia etc.) Drumhol would be the most obscure place on the map, the last remaining Indigenous peoples to Croasaire live there and it is technically under the Empire's domain now. There are few of those people remaining, most were wiped out or taken as slaves.

Glad you asked me this. They are essentially based off Rome. Military, proud, patriarchal, technologically advanced etc. Croasaire is introduced fairly late, so I have yet to add their details (some of the characters will be in Glasluigh & Kirharesh until then.)

And if anyone is curious about Baleria, I have based them off Scythia and the early Pontiac Steppe cultures (Kossacks, ancient Russia etc.) Drumhol would be the most obscure place on the map, the last remaining Indigenous peoples to Croasaire live there and it is technically under the Empire's domain now. There are few of those people remaining, most were wiped out or taken as slaves.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back