• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Happy to clarify:
The Available Roles are all up for grabs.
Anyone can send in an App for the roles they like, and the Mods will be choosing the player with the best fit for each roll on
December 13th.

So when you submit you aren't necessarily guaranteed a role. It's a chance at the opportunity to play that role.
Does that make sense?

Yes that makes perfect sense! My inner southerner really feels for The Cowboy, but I’m loving the entirety of the cast as a whole. I’ll be working on my application soon!

Oh nice, sounds like my age group alright! Hahaha! I could look into playing one of the premades, though if I'll be honest I'm not sure if I'm vibing with any one of them well enough.

Most likely would consider sending in an oc, I tend towards female characters and am quite interested in the Templars! Though I'd love to read any relevant lore to see if i can come up with something fitting!
I honestly love how much detail you’ve put into this and would love to apply for the roleplay!

Hello! Good to see interest from you both and I'm sure you'll have great application submissions :D

I try not to get too lore heavy, but I guess after being in this roleplay as long as we have it just kind of... happens bahahaha. Rest assured if there was any lore that would affect a character's creation it would be lumped in. The great part about this story taking place in an entirely new setting is that we can see all these great ideas that come from being bogged down by accuracy :]

Yes that makes perfect sense! My inner southerner really feels for The Cowboy, but I’m loving the entirety of the cast as a whole. I’ll be working on my application soon!
Hi, fellow Southerner here, um.... What part of the South we talkin' ? 😂 Just curious, I swear.
Can't wait to see your application!

Just 2 more days to get those apps in!
Then we are off to the races, ma bois!

We're still looking forward to seeing everyone's applications!
The Templars are the most desired of characters we're looking to fill into our roster now,
and we hope that anyone on the fence has been considering the roles we've proposed or
have been developing ideas for OCs. ^_^
We'll let you know when we're ready to accept OC applications, which will be soon!

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the great ideas our new people bring to the table. 💕
I've been getting organized and prepped for launch - I have ideas and bulletpoints jotted down for tess's opener.
how's it going with everyone? Making plans for the holiday season? ☺
also...
humpday.gif
happy hump day!!

My Dad's side of the family can't get their plans straight, Mom's side haven't made any. New Year's Eve I'm probably going to at a friend's house playing DnD. :closed eyes open smile:

Woo!
Consider this your last 36 Hours to get in an App if you're interested in applying!
🥳

EverySaneAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

Bump

Accepted or no I'm super excited to watch this RP unfold aaaah, can't believe the 13th is already tomorrow 🙈

As for holiday plans....
Have to get through one exam tomorrow (which, fortunately, I'm not worried about) two on Monday (which I AM worried about lol) and then my brother and I fly home! There will be gingerbread men, decorating, and Christmas celebrations on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family! Not yet sure about my dad's side of the family but we normally have a family dinner with them on Boxing Day.

Hope everyone else's week has been going wonderfully <3

AAhhhhhh!!! You just don't even know how excited we are to get things started.

We've had an amazing turn out for applications, Viv and I have been reviewing them daily, and discussing them back and forth constantly. We are absolutely blown away by the sheer amount of talent we've seen, and we cannot wait to have such amazing and dedicated writers with us.

On the 14th by 5pm CST, everyone who has applied, whether a role is being awarded or not, will hear from me.

If you haven't applied and are interested, we are still taking applications until midnight EST Dec 13th.

Heralding in the age of reason, progress, mechanization and industry, the Victorian era signaled the dawning of a new age. Top hats and top shelf manners. High society, and high risk colonial ventures. Carriages, bustles, pubs and pocket watches. The human race was flourishing. But, humans were never the only creatures walking the cobblestone streets now were they? Creatures with inhuman speed, strength and raw, bestial power have long lived among the ordinary beings, quietly, for dozens of centuries. Gods, walking among men, tethered by the moon's call - men who turned into massive beasts at whim.

But science knew no limitation. Human physicians, tinkerers, engineers of the body, one day, created something...inhuman. Something unnatural. The world's first
vampire. With a clockwork heart - out of man monsters were made. The first vampire's creation broke the natural world order. Time stopped. Forever frozen in twilight, the sun and moon no longer rose and fell. The moon-called beasts became unstable, no longer able to control their inner animal. It wasn't long, before the monsters of the world made themselves known. For blood. In wrath & rage. Bloodlust maddened both immortal species.
From this single act, Werebeast and Vampire became mortal enemies. A queen rose up from the ranks of the moon-called - the oldest, most terrifying Beast alive -
The Midnight Jackal - to lead the war against the abominations, whose creation disrupted the natural balance and stole the sun. And in turn, The Leech King stood for his silver-fanged brethren to fight the Beasts, whose blood was so sweet, so succulent and tempting.

Nearly a millennium passed, just so. Fang against fang. Claw against sword. Blood and slaughter and war. Immortals reigned supreme, and humans became fodder and background. Still, society continued. Humans reproduced much faster than the immortal races. Scientists continued to tinker. Steam became a modern wonder, able to become mechanicalized and weaponized.

Amidst war and industry, in the perpetual twilight of New Londontown, religious zealots, armed with science and technology rose to power. A common threat to both immortal races was born. They called themselves...
Templars. Holy knights of God, set to cleanse the world of all immortal, ungodly abominations. Their mission is simple: to destroy all supernatural beings. In their hubris and blood-hunger, the Templar scientists created a new, awful race of creatures who might stand a chance against the vampires and beasts. The Mephisto. An unholy creature, born of death and rot. Their leader was mysterious, said to have been a Templar himself before madness encouraged his betrayal, taking all the knowledge of their creations with him.

The Beast Queen and Vampire Lord met with the Mephisto leader, and together, all three immortal species made a pact. Self-preservation. For the first time in history, humans powered by industry and unnatural science stood a chance at annihilating the god-like creatures who lived among them. The three monarchs made an alliance. It was called
The Red Oath. Mercia, the beast queen, the Paradin vampires, the Mephisto king all vowed to disband their warriors - to forsake old grudges and wars - for the sake of survival against the Templars, with their steam-powered airships and weapons. The immortals went underground. Guerrilla wars were fought. Leaderless, they killed when they could. Cloak and dagger. Shadow and smoke. Until the day, ten years from the time The Red Oath was made...when the Beasts, the Vampires and the Mephisto would come together once more, and assess the state of affairs… But it never came to pass.

The Jackal was missing, not a single soul knew of her whereabouts; and the Mephisto King was murdered by his right hand accomplice,
Rosemary Unsworth at the precipice of the scheduled meeting. The Templars took these tragedies in stride, and raged a monumental battle upon all supernatural kind; led by Holly Whilshire, the most highly regarded soldier of the Templar faction. She personally led the attack, bombing the Cheapside neighbourhood where many of the supernatural factions made base. On the ground, she defeated The Leech King, severing his head in victory, and crushing the ticking heart in his chest. It would be that moment that all the world would change.

Kestrel and Mercia, leaders at odds, but not in spirit. The two were a
mated pair, souls entwined beyond the physical world and belief. As one perished, so did the other. The supernatural factions crumbled in their wake, and succumbed to the Templar victory.
Rosemary Unsworth of the Mephisto surrendered to the Templars, returning to them the knowledge of Mephisto creation, as well as providing her services as the creator of their lifeblood,
The Serum. Her race, traitors by proxy, were murdered, those that would survive either finding temporary asylum with the Templars as part of the army, or by hiding away until their death without the Serum to keep them alive.
Maeve Donovan, General of the Werebeasts, assisted any and all who wished to flee the city as it burned. Vampire and Beast kin headed to Port Thames. Boats carried them to distant shores under the cover of darkness.

But, most miraculous of all that would come to pass from the Templar’s victory… A dawn.
Sun, brilliant and golden, began to rise once again, and the moon in all her cool glow began to disappear. As such, the world, and time itself, started to breath life again with each continuous cycle.

A world parched of the sun for so long would surely have it’s difficulties adjusting to this new ball of fire, but they were nothing compared to the many advancements the humans would make. Solar rays were collected and harvested, and soon electricity was born! Bulbs replaced flames, and steam engines began to fire up behind at the smallest spark. The Templars with their vast technology were praised for their efforts, and while no one could determine a true cause for the sun’s return, many believed Holly to be their savior.
She would lead the Holy Order in a new direction, spearheading the division of troops. Under her leadership,
The Blood Sisters; a band of females not so unlike herself whom carry the will of God and bare the names of his archangels. And, in turn, a division of male-dominant crusaders, The 84th Legion, under the command of The Patriarch. The Blood Sisters would become feared for their brutality, while the 84th Legion excelled in pushing the mechanical advancement limitations of mortal kind, fond of body modifications and artillery. Together, the two teams became the faces of holy conquest, warriors of justice and peace.

With New Londontown liberated, all of England was not far behind. Vampire and Beast that survived fled across the world, finding new ways of life and trying to remain unseen. The Templar’s influence spread quickly at news of their successes, making that reality few and far between.
Those that survived Holly’s battle landed on the shores of America, a fresh and new world, young and wealthy… and so very different from it’s English motherland. They have settled in the warm and eclectic city of New Orleans, Louisiana.
Whispers are beginning to spread in this foreign land that Maeve is the new Queen of Beasts, while
Cecile Bellerose, Kestrel’s right hand, has taken power over the Paradin vampires, and been making her claim on the vampires of America. But, the threat of the Templars is ever looming, and Holly’s wrath is far from over. They must come together to save their races, or risk becoming extinct.

man, i can't even begin to describe how MUCH this piques my interest!! I would love to join, and to possibly reserve the spot of
the cowboy?

man, i can't even begin to describe how MUCH this piques my interest!! I would love to join, and to possibly reserve the spot of
the cowboy?

We have an application process that acts like a lottery system; roles are awarded based upon the best fit of those who apply for the role. If you return to the front page, you'll find more information about how to apply and who to send your application to! But please send it in soon, as our applications for the roles will be closing tomorrow at midnight EST.

Gonna late-night bump this before bed for the heck of it. Read it night owls!
Almost feels like I'm lagging a month or two behind since I miss fall season/Halloween time, so the holiday season has me like:
Confuzzled.gif

Destiny_Dreamer Destiny_Dreamer myst.erion myst.erion Mushy Mushy madame moiselle madame moiselle quadratis quadratis

Good morning friends!
Just one final reminder that today
is the last day to send in an application for an Available Role
before the RP opens.
If you'd like to submit an App for an OC please feel free to
do so, but they will not be reviewed until
after the IC is live.
Available Roles that aren't claimed once the RP opens
will still be up for grabs should you like to apply but
can't meet today's deadline (they will just be First Come, First Served).

Cheers and good luck!

dawn of the final day!! A big, big thank you to all the people who have said hello and sent in apps. This recruitment has been such an exciting time and you've helped make that possible. 💖

I'll be spending a very cozy holiday with my family. As per tradition, we're having a Chinese takeout feast on Christmas eve.

My Dad's side of the family can't get their plans straight, Mom's side haven't made any. New Year's Eve I'm probably going to at a friend's house playing DnD. :closed eyes open smile:
I still haven't sat down for a proper session of DnD (shocking, I know) but I would really like to one of these days. Sounds like a really fun way to spend new year's 🥳
So excited to RP with all of you! As for Christmas, I'm spending it with my amazing girlfriend 😏
sounds very chill and cozy, my favorite way to spend a holiday 😄
Accepted or no I'm super excited to watch this RP unfold aaaah, can't believe the 13th is already tomorrow 🙈

As for holiday plans....
Have to get through one exam tomorrow (which, fortunately, I'm not worried about) two on Monday (which I AM worried about lol) and then my brother and I fly home! There will be gingerbread men, decorating, and Christmas celebrations on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family! Not yet sure about my dad's side of the family but we normally have a family dinner with them on Boxing Day.

Hope everyone else's week has been going wonderfully <3
I hope your exam went well!! And all the best wishes for the two on Monday! You'll get through this. Eat, sleep, and be kind to yourself 💕✨ Show those exams who's boss!

that sounds like a really lovely time 🥰 That gives me such a hankering for gingerbread! This weekend we'll be picking out a tree, and I'd like to find some greenery to put up around the house. I'll be stringing up ribbons of holiday cards pretty soon, too! 🌲

Gonna late-night bump this before bed for the heck of it. Read it night owls!
tumblr_mm49s3zic91s6xktso1_250.gif
I know that feel. The later half of the year is my favorite and I often feel like it isn't long enough 😭

Thank you to everyone who has sent in applications for our desired roles...

But applications are officially closed!
However, there are still opportunities to join. Once the IC is live any unfilled roles will be available first come, first serve.
We'll also be taking OC applications effective immediately, but they will not be reviewed until the IC has gone live this upcoming week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back