• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom BNHA- Children of the Fallen CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kat Jackson
Anime Cat Hoodie.jpgAfter the 1-B duo started to walk away, Kat turned her focus back to her food. She began to finish up her sushi and rice as more of her classmates started to gather at their table. She smiled as listened to the chatter, most of it was about skiing or snowboarding.

"That sounds like a lot of fun. Nyan!" Kat said. "But it's like Xander said, we're training with Edzan-sensei tomorrow, so I'm going to stay around the lodge tonight. Don't let that stop you guys from having fun tonight, OK!" she added chipperly.

Kat hopped out of her chair and started to carry her empty plate to a place where it can be picked up by the lodge staff. She stopped midway and turned around to face Hunter and Xander. "It's still kinda early for bed...do you two want to check out the gaming room?" She cutely leaned forward and flashed her signature snaggletoothed grin. "Nyan! Do you think they have a karaoke machine?"

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Slav Slav EldridSmith EldridSmith Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

d00353c4e80b747e857845769123688c.pngUpon finally registering Mako's call he replied to her. "You're slightly unbalanced on your sides with asymmetrical appendages from your quirk so I suggest Snow boarding for you Mako." He said before finishing off his food. As he did Yasu joined their table politely. "We were Skiing and snowboarding." He says, feeling relieved the topic changed allowing him to not think about his pounding chest. "A few people need help with snowboarding, like Mako. I personally Skii and will gladly help teach it to those interested." At this point Mako spoke up again inviting Paris to join them. He didn't interact with him much as he was usually with Xander in the gym, playing sports with Kat and sometimes Xander joined. She mentioned not knowing how to Skii. "Xander and I can teach you to skii tomorrow. Or Yasu here can teach you to snowboard." Hunter had pretty much ignored the entirety of 1B so he wasn't sure who or what the others were talking about but he knew Xander or Kat could catch him up later. Soon Xander spoke up again about how he disliked the two invading their personal space prompting Hunter to nod in agreement. He then brought things back on track about training. "I was planning on doing it after training already, I forgot to mention it, sorry." He said to the other two. He got up to follow cat before she turned around, luckily he stopped himself from bumping into her but he ended up flushing red again much to his dismay. He backed up a bit as she asked if they wanted to play games or do Karaoke. "Sure that sounds fun! I'm not sure if they have a karaoke machine or not but it doesn't hurt to ask." He says manner of factly as he suppressed his heart rate the best he could to avoid blushing and acting silly... but his emotions began winning out over his mind. "That would be really fun." He says with a rare smile as he looked kat in the eyes with a faint blush.
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Slav Slav Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Ami finishes off her ice cream sundae while watching the students, naturally some angst and fighting was going on, but if they stopped them at every interaction it would be hard to see the kids self restraint, which is an important trait for heroes to learn. she stood up on the table as students began walking out of the area "alright, I know we said this was lunch, but it's actually pretty late because of the drive, so stay in the building for any activities you are going to do today and return to your rooms in 3 hours for curfew. tomorrow some of you will be training and some of you will be enjoying skiing and other activities set up for you, so get some rest!"

Mako & Lana
2af0d4612b85b41c1b3c2a819968ffc7.jpg100826368-352-k58475.jpg

with a hint of
tumblr_o1gxtvYcoD1rvdke8o1_500.pngusvMAAu.jpgtumblr_mt2nwuUUHg1s7lh6lo1_500.jpg

Mako made sure to give Paris her space when she sat down, nodding to her once she deigned to offer her two cents on the possibility of going down the mountain. She looked to Kat, Xander and Hunter as all three of them noted how they wouldn't be able to join them until after their training with Edzan. Mako had figured that that was probably the case, but it also meant that until then the rest of them would have to find someone else to board with. Paris didn't seem like the type who would like joining in on that mass excursion that the folks from 1-B were planning, so Mako figured she'd have to go asking around 1-A for any other groups that'd be forming. Preferably something on the small size so that Paris wouldn't have to feel too out of place. It was at that point that she remembered seeing Paris hang out with Roy often, she'd have to look into asking him later today.

Kat and Hunter had just brought up looking into finding some games to play for the night when Ami gathered everyone's attention. Mako listened intently, unwilling to interrupt a teacher when they were speaking to the class. She eventually declared that they were allowed to have free time until curfew tonight. Tomorrow would be when they went up to the mountain for either training or fun, which meant Mako had until then to ask around figuring out who was going where. She could at least scratch off Xander, Hunter and Kat, at least until they were done with whatever Edzan had in store for her. She figured the next best bet would be figuring out who was joining class 1-B's skiing/Snowboarding trek, she could already note both Leona and Mukade from the sounds of it. Lana would be harder, considering Mako wasn't even certain she would accept Honey Bear's venture. Yasu seemed willing to join them instead of 1-B, and she figured she could ask Ferryn about what she'd prefer doing before bed. That just left Dante, Sabjorn, Roy and Flame. She'd have to check in with them at some point and see what they were aiming for tomorrow.

Ami essentially gave them the go ahead to enjoy the next three hours, so Mako stood up from her seat and looked down to the rest of the folks near her table, "I don't know about Karaoke," she admitted while nodding towards Kat before looking to the rest of them "But I'm definitely game to see if I can still rock a game of table tennis like I used to.

Looking around she shrugged, "Now I'm not gonna ask all of you to come along, but I figured extending the offer'd be kinda... you know, courteous?" after putting forth that statement, she turned in the direction of the game's room.

Over at the other Table, Bella just stuck a spoon into the clumps of mashed potatoes that were still sticking to her face. Scooping some off, she brought it to outh and closed her eye in pleasure as she chowed down. Being stuck to her face did nothing to dampen its superb flame, and she gave a smile before slipping the spoon out of her mouth. Nonplussed by Lana's retaliation or Flame's blatant distaste for her, Bella was more than willing to let Ito draw her attention as those two took their leave. In the midst of scooping off some more potatoey goodness, her wandered over to her as she demanded a cool nickname like Lana's.

"Aw, my baby girl wants some lovin' just like buggy-boo?" Bella tilted her head with a grin as she looked her up and down with interest "Well how is honey bear supposed to resist such a titillating tart like yo self?"

Watching the Rhino Beetle scuttle around, Bella leaned forward in her seat until she was halfway across the table looking to Ito with a casual smile, her single eye fluttering as she watched the insect return to its creator "But I can't just go calling you Buggy Boo too, baby. Honey Bear's gon have to whip up something nice and special for you~"

Reaching up, she tapped a finger against her lip whilst casually twirling the now-empty spoon in the air with her other hand. Practically drinking in Ito's appearance, she was right about to continue speaking when a long tendril of dark reached and took hold of the scruff of her neck before yanking her back out of her seat. The tendril ended at the shoulder of none other than Eddie, who had a large stack of paper towels clenched in his other hand. He pulled Bella back to him as she giggled, muffling her laughter as he attempted to clean the rest of the mashed potatoes off her face utilizing the paper towels and his own goo.

"Ugh, its the stuff in your hair that's going to be the worst." he muttered while looking her giggling friend over "And don't get me started on what'll happen to your clothes if we don't get them scrubbed soon."

"Awe, but it just getting good between Honer Bear and lover girl over there Eddie my boy!" Bella feigned a whine despite the huge smirk plastered onto her face, yet it too was drowned out as Eddie continued his valiant attempts to clean her up. Sighing he shook his head before looking to Taka, who was staring up at the ceiling for some reason.

"Taka, mind dealing with our trays?" he asked as he began dragging Bella off "This might take a while."

Taka nodded fervently and gave a him a thumb's up before strolling back to the table as his friends took their leave, "Oh sure! No problemo!." he cackled to himself whilst grabbing the trays left behind "Trays are much easier to deal with than compromising Hard Drives any day! No acids or magma required!"

And with that the trio was gone, but of course, Lana wasn't there to witness that last part.

She had been making her way towards the room she'd be sleeping in soon enough. Having been thankful that Bella hadn't continued pressuring her even after her whole head in the tray manuever failed to phase her. She supposed the overenthusiastic insect girl could be somewhat thanked for that, though Lana was certain she was more focused on greeting the overbearing cyclops. Lana also supposed that meant the dragon girl deserved some credit for her escape, even though she doubted her intervention had done anything to tamper Bella's forward nature. But during the trip back to the room, Lana found her head turning ever so slightly as Flame spoke to her.

She had been more focused on getting back to the room so she could wipe up the remaining mashed potatoes she'd gotten on herself during her retaliation against Bella. Despite how horrible she looked, that didn't mean she didn't care what happened to her clothes. It wasn't exactly easy to find something she could wear along with her horrifying assembly of limbs and jagged chitin, which meant that she would have to search hard for every single thing she could wear. If it weren't for specific Quirk focused tailors who took the numerous physical features that many could have into account, she'd probably be wandering around in rags. Maize liked it when she wore dresses, said they looked good on her. Though her compliments would go farther for someone more deserving of praise, Lana figured the dresses could help distract folks from the mess that was her body. They'd be asking themselves, 'Why the hell is that girl wearing a dress?' instead of 'What the sweet Christ is that monstrosity?!?'

It was the little things after all.

But then Flame interrupted her internal musings with a short question on if she was okay, prompting Lana to turn her head slightly. While normally she could've just blown off the question with a grunt or just let silence take care of it, she remembered that Maize was expecting her to try more in these sorts of things. So despite turning her head back forwards, Lana released a small grumble as the words worked their way up her throat.

"...I'll live."

She gave herself an internal applause, no biting retorts or annoyed dismissals in sight. Way to go Lana, after all this time you were just barely able to speak like a regular human. Maybe in a few months you can ask where the bathroom is without making nearby children cry. Lana rolled her eyes at the thought as the door in question came into view: The room the girls would all be staying. Feeling as though her brief interaction with Flame was satisfactory, Lana eyed up the bed she had chosen. There it was, tucked away in the corner with an extra sheet she'd used to give it a curtain. By all accounts she could probably just slip into that little cave and be done with everyone for the next eight to twelve hours. But then a mental image of Maize pouting at her caused Lana to snarl and make her way to the bathroom instead she could wash off the remaining mashed potatoes.

Meanwhile, Mako had found the one thing she'd been looking for since it'd been mentioned earlier on the bus. A ping pong table... the ring of battle for table tennis champions the world over. It was situated in the 'gaming room' though it seemed more like a lounge if anything. Couches, some kind of game system in the corner, a shelf with what looked like board games, it had the whole shebang. Several large windows nearby showed the mountain beyond, and Mako paused besides the ping pong table for a moment looking out at everything below. Tommorow some of them would be going down that mountain. Some of them would be doing training, and some might not even join at all. She knew she'd feel better with at least some idea of what they'd be up to tomorrow, and figured she had more than enough time to ask around.

But she had already grabbed a paddle, and felt as though she should at least have some fun before getting to work. A round or two give or take should be more than enough. As she looked to the ball in her other hand, her mind went to Kat and Hunter. She hadn't seen a karaoke machine when walking in, but it was a big lounge and what looked like a lot of stuff set aside. Maybe they'd get lucky? But for now, Mako tossed the ball in the air before catching it on the paddle. Paddling it into the air over and over, she turned towards the ping pong table and began sizing it up.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Natural Flavour Natural Flavour shadowdude505 shadowdude505 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Amyleii Amyleii ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon FireMaiden FireMaiden @DovahBeat Slav Slav @OrWangatan

xen-vita-lemon-cookie.jpg

Yasu Akizuki
When training was mentioned, Yasu almost forgot his purpose for being here. Training had slipped his mind and he had no clue when he would be doing it with the teachers. Tomorrow, it would be good to put some time aside for working out and training alone to prepare himself for the eventual training period with teachers. He was deep in thought as he zoned out from the conversation around him. He refocused his attention to the conversation, finishing his tea and deciding to throw away his food. His hunger went away as he took each bite from the sandwich, it's flavor was rather bland and made him loose his appetite so he decided to toss the food away and he set the plate down where the lodge staff could retrieve it. He turned around when he heard about this 'gaming room'.

Yasu didn't want to seem too overly eager to go to the gaming room so he gave out a bland reply, "Well.... I'm not doing anything else so I might as well tag along." He said putting his hands in his pocket. He didn't quite want to head to the boy's room yet, sitting in that bus for a few hours made him want to do something other than sit or lay down. He tagged along with them, his head moving on a swivel to study the lodge even more. Yasu was very attentive to detail, he liked studying every little intricate detail of a building or vehicle. It's something he did to pass time or when he had nothing else to do.

When he arrived at the gaming room, he was disappointed. He didn't know what he was quite expecting but it certainly didn't meet his expectations. If they had one arcade machine, his mood would have been improved but it was barren of that. The only thing he saw that had to do with gaming was the gaming system. He had no interest in playing it, he preferred retro games on an arcade machine. Some of his tastes were very old school and his father helped with that. They had a few arcade machines at home and instead of playing the latest console, he preferred to play Galaga or Final Fight on an old arcade machine. His gaze shifted away from the console to Mako holding a paddle. They had a ping pong table and it seemed that she had intentions of using it. He watched the ball being repeatedly hit into the air by Mako. It seemed that she knew something about the game. Yasu has only played a few times in his life time and wasn't any good at it.

"It seems that you're decent at ping pong. I couldn't say the same thing about myself. Need a partner?" Yasu asked the girl, continuing to watch her keep the ball in the air. When it came to sports other than skateboarding, Yasu was a total amateur at them. That's why he stuck to his board inside of pursuing different sports. Yasu already knew the result if they played but games were supposed to be played for fun, not to win. That's what he thought anyways.

Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter , anybody around

Okay, okay. To be fair, Avature was slow when not sprinting. Especially down those dumb stairs. But by the time he got there, things were winding down. And he was abruptly aware of his height, now wanting to hide in a hole.

He slithered forward a bit, curling his tailtip in and mentally appreciating the fact that he wasn't a sidewinder. That would've been... interesting. He listened curiously to those talking about the game-room, and he cringed internally, his epic-fail at most games slapping him in the face.

Ah, yes.

Legs are usually important.

He got a plate and filled it with mostly eggs and proceeded to find a corner to curl up in, not really needing a table. Or being able to sit at one. Av started peeling the shells off the hardboiled eggs, listening curiously to the conversation around him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snorted at Lana's answer, ears flicking. "That was awesome, by the way," I said as the other turned into the bathroom.

Well, I did something. Now I could go back to sleep in the hopes that I wasn't going to get creamed the next day. I could take Jet in a spar just fine. He had certain types of patterns. Those were east to read. But for first-time spars? Less easy.

I looked up at the top bunk and wrapped my tail around one of the support bars, flipping upside down and folding my wings onto my back but not completely around so I could still move my arms, the restrictor perched on my arm glowing faintly.

Unclipping Acer from my ear, I fished a clear glass pane out of a pocket in my sleeve and slipped it into a hole in the top of the little machine. I'd assembled the parts into an elongated rectangle, projectors in the sides flashing into the glass and making a small, 3D interface in the glass.

Nothing was in English nor Japanese, but upfront was an image of a red-headed man hanging upside-down by his foot, wrapped in some sort of vine. There were messages under it of some sort.

I sighed, shaking my head with an amused hum. "Rouge... you're an idiot."

Kat Jackson
Anime Cat Hoodie.jpgKat closed her eyes and grinned happily as Hunter vocalized his opinion on her karaoke idea. She hadn't pegged him as a karaoke guy, but she was glad that he thought the idea sounded fun.

Kat's ears swiveled toward the sound of Sweetfang's voice; she looked over at the teacher as she started to listen.

3 hours until curfew. That'll be plenty of time.

Kat quickly put her plate away and hummed as she made her way into the game room. Her eyes quickly began to sparkle after crossing the threshold. She noticed the table tennis table first. There was also a game system and board games. "Nyaannn...," she hmmed. She hadn't spotted a karaoke machine, but the lounge seemed pretty big. Maybe it was hiding? If there was one at all. If not, maybe the lodge had one of those play-as-a-band videogames.

She started to wonder around the room. "If I was a karaoke machine, where would I be?" she asked herself. She maintained a childishly-intense thinking look as she looked around. Time felt like it was stretched; what probably only took a minute felt like five, but she finally found it. Tucked away in a walled-off nook, there it sat. "Nya!" Kat cried out with joy. "I found it!" she told Hunter.

She scampered over to the karaoke machine and started to browse the different CDs. It looked like there was quite a variety. The J-Pop songs stuck out to her because she really liked that genre; some of the songs were even anime openings or endings. Some classic rock songs from older decades also stood out to her, mostly because her dad would be into it.

"Hey, Hunter. What kind of music do you like?" she asked.

EldridSmith EldridSmith @game room peeps

d00353c4e80b747e857845769123688c.png Hunter had never participated in Karaoke before so he wasn't too sure what to expect except singing. As he went to put his dishes away Kat ran off before he or Xander got to move so Hunter chased after, he knew Xander wouldn't stay too far behind. And even if he didn't join Karaoke he would still be nearby if Hunter needed a bro. A few others had spoken up about heading to the game room for ping pong and other games so he noticed some of them tag along. As he entered the game room he saw Kat scampering around the room looking for something, but as Hunter hadn't seen a Karaoke machine before he wasn't able to assist. She soon exclaimed finding it, which he assumed to be the Karaoke machine, with a cute expression. He was soon asked what genre of music he liked... and he didn't really have one. "I haven't really heard much beyond traditional Japanese and Chinese music. My mom loved that and always had it playing. I know my dad likes a whole bunch of stuff but he's never really played it aloud... mostly because mom is the only one who can cook and has total rights over the music." Hunter explains plainly as if it was something completely normal. "Granted dad is better at most other things around the house so he usually gets to pick what we eat." He says before realizing he was rambling. "Ah sorry, no I don't really have a music I like as I only know one type."
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Mentions: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc and others)

a31faa40c3355ad2adefc5ef194b4e7f.pngrwby-omegaverse-16642469-010620190214(1).jpgLeona Wright & Rin Takahashi
Interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Hunter) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Kat)

Mentioned: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost (Dante) Amyleii Amyleii (Emmy) @DovahBeat (Sabjorn) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Bella and the Cyclops Crew)
That mashed potato was a blessing in disguise. As soon as he process what had happened, Rin excused himself to go get cleaned up. Which means Leona actually got to enjoy the rest of dinner, chatting with Dante and two of the dragons. If they asked any questions though...Leona wouldn't have answered. Or tried to change the subject. Rin was her problem to deal with and as much as she or anyone else didn't like it, he was sticking around. It probably didn't help that Leona ended up defending him most of the time but...but the last time she stood up to him it didn't end well for her. So Leona would much rather just deal with it and get as far away from his as possible when she was a pro.

"I'm going to the game room after a quick change so if any of you want to come hang out with me, feel free," Leona announced shortly after Ami's announcement and finishing off her udon. Standing with her tray, she dropped it off at the dish return before leaving. Leona remembered the way to the girl's room, and was there in no time but she wasn't alone. Waiting outside the room was Rin, changed out of his school uniform into some lounge clothes. With a glance around, Leona was hoping someone else was around. Her luck was not favourable. He's angry. After a small pause she kept going, walking to the door of the girl's room. You should leave, you don't want to be alone with him. The key reader booped, Leona reached forward and opened the door to step in.

"Stop." Leona froze in the doorway, her head turning slightly to look at him. Arms crossed, glaring, Rin pushed off the wall he had been leaning on and stepped closer to her. "Do you like doing that to me?" He asked harshly. "Do you like embarrassing me?" Leona was confused, brows furrowing slightly as she moved to take a step back. But Rin reached out and grabbed her arm. "I know that the potatoes were that god awful bug bitch, but you...you really shouldn't be hanging around other guys like that, it makes us both look bad."

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

"Oh that's always the case with you. You're sorry. You didn't mean to. But you did, you always do this," He spoke lowly, his grip tightening a little. "You didn't forget the rules did you?" Leona shook her head, and his grip lessened. "Good girl." He smiled a little, not the same charasmatic smile as in the dining room it was...a bit sinister actually. Leona looked away. "You know I'm just looking out for you, I care about you. Nobody else understands you like I do." He leaned down a little and kissed her forehead before he let go and took a step back. "Go on, I'll wait here then we can head to the game room."

"Okay," Leona mumbled, quickly stepping into the room. She got changed quickly, it's not a good idea to keep him waiting for very long. Joggers and an old t-shirt, she stepped out and looked to arin for a few seconds. Who frowned.

"Oh come on, you don't want everyone seeing those," he said, reaching down to take her wrist and hold her arm up. "There's a reason some of them are scared of you, and this doesn't help now does it?" He dropped her arm, Leona standing here considering for a second before she turned around and went back in the room. After another minute, she came back out with a long sleeved shirt. "Much better, you look nice Leona, really." With that, Rin laid his arm across her shoulder and they headed off to the game room.

Luckily for Leona though, the console grabbed Rin's attention immediately, so for now he was going to leave her alone. There were a lot of things in the room, but what grabbed her attention was Hunter and Kat. And the karaoke machine. Leona liked karaoke, and if that was an option...she didn't hesitate heading over. "So I guess you've never actually done this before then?" Leona asked, having caught the tail end of the conversation. "It's fun, and the best part is since it's karaoke, you don't have to be good at it," she chuckled, before pausing. Her arms crossed, leona hugging herself gently. "Sorry I bardged in it just...well, it's the only thing that looks fun right now."

Raven Redgrave
1594244082096.png
Locations: Bus - Cafeteria - Game room | Mentions/Tags: Everyone that is currently in the Game Room.

The bus probably wasn't the best place to take a nap just because everyone was so excited for this trip. It's only been a week since she first joined the school and she found many of the student body to be unique and very different. Not in quirks, but in personality. She expected diversity, but not on the level she had been seeing it as. It was refreshing and very fun to be around, especially when she had openings to throw her silly comments into the mix. While in the bus, Raven had been seated by the window, only to let it go to waste as she sunk into her seat. Her face hiding behind her scarf while her pinkish eyes had slipped shut, sleeping through 3 hours with ease. Despite the loud chatter, it didn't disturb her from her slumber. Unfortunately, her sleep had not gifted her with any dreams along the way and left her in darkness that seemed to only last 10 minutes, but in reality had lasted all 3. As she began to hear rustling and teachers speaking, she slowly lifted her head and stretched out her limbs before opening her eyes and glancing out the window, spotting that they had indeed made it to their destination. Snow had covered practically everything, so it was definitely going to be cold. Luckily for her, she could always use her hair to give her extra coverage if she got too cold.

Time seemed to fly by as the group had been toured around the place, luggage being dropped off in a room that she committed to memory, and then was now in the dining hall where people were already eating. Usually Rav would speak or say something but after she had woken up more than 10 minutes ago, she was still a little groggy, so to avoid any issues and any accidental grumpiness, she kept to herself and went to get food once allowed. Everyone seemed to have divided in their own groups and of course, to avoid issues, she went and sat alone, looking out the window as she ate quietly, lost in her own thoughts. Mom wasn't wrong when she said about the schools doing something like this for us. It's nice, almost like a vacation. her pinkish eyes had shifted from the window and back to all of her classmates who seemed to be having fun, a smile tugging her lips as she watched the scene before her. Only to go back to her food and her own little mindset. Hopefully after eating and waking up some more, she would be a little bit more active with her class.

Once finished eating, she noticed plenty of people talking about the game room and some karaoke. Now that would be fun to watch, so she cleaned up her stuff, dropped it off and followed the group to the game room, finding a spot out of the way and taking her own seat on another couch nearby, crossing one leg over the other while her long dark locks poured around her. Some strands resting on the surface while the rest had spilled off the side. She would tie her hair up, but what would be the point in that? It's cold outside, no one would wanna wear their hair down. Though some people did somehow trip over her hair if she sat anywhere...Which didn't make sense because they'd have to walk really close to her chair. When they did trip and get mad about it, she would just shrug and tell them to watch where they're walking. It's not her fault they walked dangerously close to her. I really want to see how this is going to play out. Rav thought to herself, though there were others in the room, one was distracted by a console, others had been getting ready for other things, and obviously the trio at the Karaoke Machine.​

1en7uR95Xo5qb0lCBFFy.jpgLana Del Rize
Lana washed the remains of Bella's meal out of her dress as thoroughly as she could before giving up. It wasn't like she had any reason to try too hard besides the risks of stains. When you lived most of your life as a walking abomination, the idea of maintaining appearance became something of an impossibility in most cases. Once she was convinced that what was left could easily be cleaned in a wash, she stepped back out of the bathroom after changing into a more relaxed shirt and skirt. Seeing that Flame had found something to distract herself, Lana's misshapen limbs carried her over to the covered up hovel that she'd turned her bottom bunk into. Clamoring in, she was about to bed down and just let the rest of the day wash away, but yet again that damn thought of Maize asking her how her trip went came screeching into the filthy subway station that was her subconscious.

With a groan, Lana relented to the girl's unspoken demands and retrieved a single book from her possessions before stepping away from her bed. Her eyes briefly went to Flame before she turned to the door. Her cluster of eyes darted around the moment that she peaked her head outside, with her repeatedly questioning what the hell she was thinking doing such a thing. The answer was obvious, but that didn't mean Lana had to be happy about it. In fact, quite the opposite was true. Her scowl seemed to fester as she made her way to the lounge, knowing full well that she'd be hating herself in less than ten minutes for the sheer gal she was displaying. But despite already hearing the scolding of future Lana for her transgressions, Lana herself just kept moving until she found herself in the lounge.

Entering the room, Lana cast her glare over the many individual inside with an air of distant distaste. With her book tucked under her upper arm, one of her lower arms drummed its chitin covered fingers on the ground as she figured where she could place herself that wouldn't be too unbearable. The easiest answer was as far away from everyone as possible, but Lana reminded herself that she was attempting to meet Maize's expectations no matter how idiotic and unfathomable they were. The horrible truth of the matter was that she'd have to place herself near someone in order for her to be able to call it an attempt at the dreaded socialization.

She scoped out her options.

There was that pair over by the Table Tennis games, but Lana found herself immediately rolling her more human eye. Her cluster was already at work looking elsewhere, as Lana couldn't help but admit that she might as well sit in a corner if she attempted to recline near people engaged in games. The same with Leona's intrusive friend who seemed to be engaged in a video game, thankfully looking as though he was the only student of Class 1-B in the room at the moment. Lana was not a fan of games, except when enjoying people failing at them. Competence beget boredom for her, and she'd be damned if she wasn't going to get something out of this self-imposed torment she was about to put herself through. And that was when she laid eyes on the Karaoke machine, which already had a sizable number of people gathering near it.

Now one would expect someone such as her to absolutely despise the notion of Karaoke on principle alone, and that wasn't exactly an unfair assumption to make. Hating intrusive noise as much as she did, the idea of a bunch of partying children screeching like dying banshees for hours on end made her quite literally consider cracking her own skull on the nearest surface with haste and unrelenting fury. However, Karaoke had the caveat of giving her an endless stream of failure to enjoy as long as she could put up with the volume. People making fools of themselves trying and failing to hold a tune, it was absolutely delicious. And what's more? It provided a decent backdrop for other scenes of blatant stupidity.

Her eyes went down to the book clutched under her lower arm, it was yet another horrible novel selected due to its length and consistent poor story structure. A tale as terrible as this novel would match perfectly with the flailing vocals of a standard Karaoke session, and she figured Maize would be delighted to hear that she attempted to bare witness to one. It was a... passable risk that Lana figured she could allow herself to take, which was why she was making her way over without saying anything. It wasn't like she had plans to take the spotlight away from Leona, who had shown up earlier seeking to join the trio already in attendance. She was a perfect cover Lana's approach, which was silent except for the notable scratching noise of her inhuman limbs making their way over to the couch closest to the Karaoke machine. She placed herself on the very corner of said couch so she could still maintain some form of distance between herself and the source of the incoming noise. Between Leona, Kat, and Hunter; she had a fairly varied source of entertainment. And as long as most of the onlookers were as quiet as that Raven girl who was viewing them, then perhaps it wouldn't be as painful as she expected.

With her evaluations completed, Lana pulled open her book as one of her lower arms reached back and gripped the couch to ground herself.

2af0d4612b85b41c1b3c2a819968ffc7.jpgMako Glass
Mako tracked the ball as she bounced it up and down, following its form up into the air and back down to her paddle several times. It reminded her of something, the last time she'd played ping pong. It had been a while, games like these weren't exactly something she had the time to enjoy often. She figured that it was the way of the wannabe hero to lack extra time in the day. Between training, studying, and working at her part time job, she didn't exactly have much room to schedule in hobbies like this. But Mako took to it better than she figured most would. Keeping herself with minimal free time meant she had a low chance of exacerbating her own remorseless hunger. She'd heard that folks were more likely to eat when they had nothing else to do. As her hunger was ever present and ever-vicious, it wasn't something she could test out herself. But given how much she had to work to suppress it on average, she wasn't exactly in the mood for taking such risks.

When Yasu approached, Mako caught the ball out of the air with her other hand before looking to him and smiling under her mask. Reaching up, she pulled her hood back and let her hair spil out behind her as she turned and adjusted her hat.

"By all means, man, hop in." she invited before tossing the ball up into the air and catching it with her free hand "I'm probably more rusty at this than I'd like to admit, and its not really difficult to understand."

Gesturing towards the paddle on the other side of the table, she looked the ball over as she tossed it into the air a few more times.

Her old job at the Buffet, the workers had a worn ping pong table that they could use during off hours. Mako had a fairly full schedule back then as well, but her coworkers had insisted on it. Ever since the incident, she'd never had a reason to keep playing. That was until now, when she literally had it right in front of her and the free time needed to enjoy it. She wondered if some of her old coworkers still played... the ones that were still able to at least. Most of the time their matches were fairly unorthodox and quick, due in part to how much joking around and chatting they'd get up to while doing it.

Catching the ball out of the air one more time, she held it up and nodded towards it whilst setting her paddle down, "Its pretty much the same basis as regular tennis or volleyball." she said "Just try and get your opponent to miss the ball and don't hit the net."

Saying that, she tossed the ball towards him, "Since you're new, you can serve just to get a feel for it."

Her hand went up towards the rim of her cap, only to halt and stay there for a moment before lowering. Mako closed her eyes and gave a brief chuckle to herself before picking up her paddle again. Whilst waiting for Yasu to serve, she twisted the paddle in her grasp until she was holding it at an angle.

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon FireMaiden FireMaiden Britt-21 Britt-21 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 EldridSmith EldridSmith Slav Slav

Kat Jackson
Anime Cat Hoodie.jpg"Nya?" Kat tilted her head sideways and her tail twitched as she futilely tried to think through Hunter's family logic. She didn't quite understand why the cook only had full control of the music. "Nya! I could spend hours on this; don't get distracted." She cutely swatted her palms against her cheeks to shake herself out of her thoughts; just in time for Leona's approach.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Leona," she bubbly replied, tail swaying happily. She closed her eyes as she flashed a grin, masking her thoughts. She was concerned about Leona. It was possible that she just didn't like table tennis or the other available activities, but something about karaoke looking like the only thing fun made her idol senses tingle; something was telling her that Leona needed a little fun right now and Kat didn't want to deny that fun, whatever Leona's reason may be.

"You can help me introduce Hunter to the classics. Who knows where we'll end up from there, nyan!" she quickly added.

She turned her attention back to the karaoke CDs. She pulled out one labeled "80s Hits" and began to read the songs on it. "Nmmm." Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. That was defiantly a classic, but she continued to read the list just to get the full picture. Don't Stop Believin'. Kat's eyes lit up. "Sorry Freddie, dad's always been more of a Journey guy," she giggled to herself.

Kat set up the machine and smiled confidently at Hunter and Leona. "Feel free to jump in when you feel like it, nyan!"

Kat pressed play and started to cutely bob as the music started.

"Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world. She took the midnight train goin' anywhere...," she started to sing, sounding like a cutesy J-pop idol.

Interacted: EldridSmith EldridSmith FireMaiden FireMaiden
Listening/watching: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Britt-21 Britt-21

I glanced up at Lana, tilting my head when she left but went back to catching up with the goddamn five thousand message stream.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avature wasn't really planning on doing anything. In fact, he wanted to go to the boys' dorm and curl up in a nice warm ball to sleep.

But no.

Nope.

The concept of karaoke was alluring. It'd been ages since he'd been to an actual karaoke place, and his tail twitched in excitement as he made his way up to the game-room. Of course, he wanted to die inside at the concept of social interaction, but he'd be okay...

Maybe.

Once he got singing, at least. The snake-man, armed with nothing but a very strong set of vocal chords, slithered in, opening the door and hoping to the skies that no one noticed him. He instantly heard 'don't stop believin'' playing and he smiled just a little, avoiding the people playing ping-pong.

1594266282872.png Hunter thrned to see Leona come over. He hadn't spent too much time with her since the entrance exam as she was usually with Dante in the crowds. "No I'm not, this is my first time." He says blankly. "Oh I see, well I hope you don't mind me... come to think of it I've never really sang before." He says as his look turns contemplative. "Ah I don't mind, I wanted to make new friends and try new things anyways." He says as a small smile creeps onto his face. He noticed Lana sneak over but as she didn't say anything he didn't comment. From what little interaction he had with her she seemed overly pessimistic about everything. He turned back to Kat to see a look of confusion on her face regarding his family, he knew his family wasn't normal but they weren't that strange right...? Kat's swatting of her own cheeks seemed to say otherwise causing him to "Hmm" in thought. She talked about classics causing him to nod, he heard classical music once before. However what she played was anything but what he was expecting. "I thought classical was... ah nevermind." He says as he glances towards the door that opened with Avature and Raven outside. He waved to them with a smile as the one entered. After hearing a few verses of the song he joined in with a bass voice that resonated with a rich tone, despite never having sung before he wasn't half bad at it.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Britt-21 Britt-21 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

xen-vita-lemon-cookie.jpg

Yasu Akizuki
Yasu walked over to the opposite side of the ping pong table and picked up the paddle. He hasn't held one for what it felt like years. Yasu studied the paddle as he was listening to Mako speak. The paddle seemed to be in decent shape, he couldn't see any wear and tear from previous playing. He was listening to the rules and they seemed simple enough. It was just tennis on a smaller scale. He looked up from examining his paddle and the ball almost caught him by surprise. Luckily, his reflexes were quick enough to swiftly catch the ball. Having the ball in his hand now, he noticed it was extremely light. "This is going to be interesting." Yasu said to himself as he prepared himself to serve the ball.

He surveyed the table and net and tried to come up with a strategy. He knew that Mako was obviously more skilled than him and that didn't help him come up with any ideas. He was rotating the ball in his right hand as he was attempting to think of a strategy. He wanted to do well enough to not embarrass himself in front of the others. He noted that there were more people in the game room now then before but to his luck, they seemed to be more interested in the karaoke machine. He heard the singing of who he could assume was Kat joined in by Hunter. The song they were singing wasn't one that Yasu liked, rock scored pretty low when it came to Yasu's music tastes. He didn't totally dislike it but it would be hard for him to find a rock song that he liked. If they were singing Frank Sinatra, that would be a different story.

His line of thinking ended as he focused back at the table, finally ready to hit the ball. "I may not be good these first few serves." Yasu said as a warning. His plan was essentially to hit it so hard that she wouldn't have enough time to react. Power over accuracy was what he was aiming for. He finally tossed the ball up and he struck it as hard as he could to opposite side of the table. Today must have been his lucky day because the ball struck the edge of the table, barely keeping it in play. Yasu was surprised but chose not to show it, he wanted to make it seem like he had made a better plan then just hitting as hard as possible.

Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Dante

Interacting with: karaoke crew
Mentions:
When dinner time was over, Dante elected to go change first. Of course, onsens often had yukata to wear when just casually walking around, so Dante elected to change into one. He saw himself in the mirror with his hair up and frowned a bit. He could let his hair down a bit, right? He smiled, grabbing his comb and some hairties.

He occasionally got bored and messed with different hairstyles. For kicks, he decided to try viking braids. Stylish, and it would keep the hair out of his face if they did any games or stuff. He braided two strands along the side of his head to tie back with some other hair in a half tail, then braided a couple more strands to hang down from the sides that weren't pulled up. It was meant to be a viking style, but with his features, it looked more elvish. Still, it was a nice look change. Satisfied with his change of attire, he made his way down to the game lounge where everyone else was, just in time to catch the tail end of a Karaoke rendition of Don't Stop Believing. About now, he regretted fretting with his hair. He loved that song and would have enjoyed belting it out with everyone.

He sighed. Well, that was a missed opportunity, but that didn't mean he couldn't make others!

He made his way over, noticing that, following that song, no one seemed to have called dibs on next. "Is it alright if I do one?" He asked, glancing around for objections before he scanned for one of a few songs he loved for Karaoke. His eyes lit up as he found the one he wanted, plugging it into the machine to step up to the mic stand. They'd likely recognize that familiar beat the instant it hit.

But if they thought he was just going to sing, oh they would be sorely disappointed. Or excited. One of the two.

Lots of people got stage fright. Or were rigid as boards when they did Karaoke. Dante, though, was a performer. The second that familiar sound dropped, his hips were saying, his shoulders shimmying, and... well, it made it clear he knew a thing or two about how to move. For now, though, it was tame. It was just the lyrical intro after all.

"She's into superstitions
Black cats and voodoo dolls
I feel a premonition

That girl's gonna make me fall"

For anyone who hadn't heard him sing, it'd be a bit of a surprise. He had a... rather incredible voice, which may be expected given his dad was a rock star, but there was an energy to it, an infectious energy to those sultry notes. And the dancing didn't cease when the lyrics started. It only got more in tune with the lyrics. At the word 'fall' He just fell forward in a text book Michael Jackson lean with his hand on his heart. In the short interlude that followed, he shimmied his shoulders and hips as he rose back up to a fully standing position, flashing a wink to the others, perhaps one in particular. He was playing the part, the intrepid performer. Even if this wasn't his own skills and just something he borrowed from his dad... it was fun.

"She's into new sensations
New kicks in the candlelight
She's got a new addiction

For every day and night"

His hips, they didn't lie, and they didn't stop. There was a Latin flair to his movements, a hypnotic rhythm to every subtle move he made that exuded a confidence he didn't truly own. After all, he owed his dancing to his mother. This wasn't his own skills. But that didn't stop him from having fun with every roll of his hips as he pulled off gyrations that would make Elvis blush.

"She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain
She'll make you live her crazy life, but she'll take away your pain
Like a bullet to your brain, come on! "

Now here was where the performance really took off. He actually threw back the top of the yukata, tying the sleeves around his waist. Under that yukata, he was wearing a black muscle-undershirt(i.e. a wifebeater) that.... Frankly, looked practically painted on. By now, the hip movements were far from subtle, his body fully possessed by the music, even as he held his fingers like a gun to his temple and pulled the trigger to lead into the chorus.

"Upside, inside out
She's livin' la vida loca
She'll push and pull you down
Livin' la vida loca
Her lips are devil red
And her skin's the color mocha
She will wear you out
Livin' la vida loca (Come on!)
Livin' la vida loca (Come on!)

She's livin' la vida loca "

He actually let himself start to fall backwards at the push and pull, blood lines catching him and pulling him back to his feet. Now that the blood lines were out from a small cut he made on his palm, the entertainment would only get more... over the top. His dancing showing more than just a Latin influence as hip hop elements made themselves shown with little pops and slides.

"Woke up in New York city in a funky cheap hotel
She took my heart and she took my money
She must've slipped me a sleeping pill

She never drinks the water, makes you order French champagne
Once you've had a taste of her, you'll never be the same

Yeah, she'll make you go insane (Come on!)"

If there was any doubt, he'd completely lost himself to the song. He actually lifted himself into the air on those blood lines in a way reminiscent of Cirque du Solei, letting himself spin and show off a bit of flexibility and... well... his physique.

The cruel irony of it all was, he was just having fun. He didn't comprehend the effect this kind of performance would have. He never would even begin to think that it could influence how people saw him. He was just... dancing, and singing... things he'd done his whole life. That excessive energy, the flashy showmanship. It was clear he loved performing, it was written all over that broad smile that was painted on his features. And when he finished the song, it actually took him a couple seconds to process it was over.

"S-sorry. I... can't always help myself around Karaoke..." He laughed a little sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head before fiddling with one of the braids he'd made, a little self conscious now that he'd let himself go like that....

He loved the stage, even if he had no right to stand on it...

Halfway through scrolling down the notifications and having my eyes poked out by over-saturated name-colors, Jet called.

"Whatcha got?" I asked, unconsciously, tailtip twitching.

"I should ask you the same question," Came the hum back. I could hear the suspicion at the quietness of the room. "Didn't you say you'd do something this time?"

A pause as I considered that, dropping back to my feet in a cat-like movement. "I did..."

"It's quiet."

"I forgot."

"Flaaaaame..."

"Alright! Alright! I'm going!"
I snorted, stalking out. I did promise to... not hole up in my room. And had asked Jet to make sure I honored that. "They were doing karaoke or some shit an—"

"You like karaoke and I know it."

Another pause. This one was longer.

"I do..."

"You're scared,"
he said flatly, sighing. "No one's gonna—"

"I KNOW! I know..."
That was the first crack in my emotional jar.

"This was your choice, Flame... you told me to make you try... but are you sure—"

"Yes."
The word held conviction. Determination. And honest-to-goodness, sheer terror. Crack two.

"Okay... just... don't overthink it, alright?"

"...Alright..."

I hung up, then. It was always me who did. He always stayed on the line... just in case. Gods, this was just sad. Couldn't even do something like simple human interaction. Third crack.

I looked up, eyes drawn to a camera set into the ceiling. You're about to enter a videozone, Flame. Masks up. My face blanked out, emotions draining out of me until I could finally tape the holes in my emotional jar. It... may hold... for a little while. But too late to turn back now.

Continuing along my path to the lounge, I remember the door was slightly sqeaky, and without it making a sound (practice; the hinges on Jet's door shrieked for a fair time), I slipped in, noting the people in the room.

The one who'd argued with Lana over a bus seat served sloppily, hitting the ball with noticeable force that'd make things hard when it came back around. But the one who drew most of the eyes of the people in the area was Dante.

Of course it was Dante.

I got to watch the second half of his performance, expression flat and unchanging. A naga sitting on his own coils was at full attention, watching in absolute wonder.

Raven Redgrave
1594309374931.png
Location: Game Room - Karaoke Machine | Mentions/Tags: ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon , One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost , EldridSmith EldridSmith , GrieveWriter GrieveWriter , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , FireMaiden FireMaiden

Raven watched as Kat began to sing Don't Stop Belivin' and couldn't help the growing smile on her face. Making the song cuter than probably intended, but cute nonetheless. She liked Kat just because of how adorable she was, and sometimes she found herself thinking about how soft that tail of hers, was. Though asking to touch such a vital part probably would make Kat uncomfortable. So to avoid that, she just admired from afar. Eyes shifted over to the girl who decided to sit with her, though at a distance. Staring at her, she was trying to remember her name I remember seeing her... Damn, what was her name? she thought to herself, trying to pinpoint the name Wasn't it...Lana? Yeah, that sounds about right. though, by watching her, she seemed busy. So Rav refrained from saying anything and went to turn her attention to the Karaoke group, hearing an extra voice in the mix of this song now. When she seen who it was, it was Hunter who joined in on the song and she released a small giggle. I feel like it's definitely more entertaining to just watch them sing. Though I wanna get some action in myself.

As soon as the song ended, Dante himself had walked into the room, his hair up in some sort of style. He kind of looked like an Elf and she wasn't sure if he did it on purpose or what. But it did look kinda cute on him with his little outfit he had going on. He asked if he could do his own song. Of course, no one had objected and thus the music began. Her eyes widening at the song he chose, watching with her full attention now. She loved this song, and if she wasn't so distracted, she would have joined him! How could anyone pass up this song? It was so catchy and so fun to dance to! His moves were amazing, and he soon pulled his top off to reveal his undershirt. Her excitement being written all over her face, eyes even wider as he danced and sung. Toward the end, he went off and flexed his muscles, though that's not at all what had her in a trance. It was his singing and his dancing. While acting bashful, Rav couldn't help but jump out of her seat and throw her fist into the air "That was awesome!" she shouted, a smile on her face before she clapped. "Don't be sorry for something that was absolutely fantastic!"

af1feabe575c98795c59b6dc943cd480.gif

Her classmate had no idea what he just did, and it impressed her greatly. She knew he was a cool guy from the moment he tried to get to know her a little bit. Taking off her scarf, she tossed it on the couch and rushed over, her dark locks following suit as she came up next to him "I should have joined this sooner! It would have been amazing!" no doubt some would find this odd, seeing as Raven was usually fairly quiet in most settings. But little did everyone know, she did talk and she wasn't super quiet either. She also had a bit of an accent going on just because of her mother. It was a mixed accent she had going on. Partially English but also partially not. Her eyes shifted to everyone else who was going to do Karaoke too "I hope you guys don't mind me joining in on your Karaoke party." she then patted Dante on the back "You did a fantastic job. Don't apologize for that." she wanted to take this chance to take her turn. After all, so far everyone was having a blast so far no doubt. "I'm gonna go next if you don't mind." she tossed a wink to the group and went to the machine, looking for her own songs. More of... her taste. Though, many probably didn't listen to what she listened to.

When she found the song, she grinned and began to play it before moving to the microphone, noticing that Dante had moved slightly to the side. Lifting her hands to the mic, she started to sing before slowly pulling the mic from the stand, noticing it was wireless. Perfect she thought. She was either gonna make some guys get literally turned on, or she's gonna turn them into a literal mess of blushiness. Either way, it was going to be amusing and she was gonna have a blast doing it. A trait that she happened to pick up, developing it into a game she liked to play with just about anyone just to get a reaction out of them. So the games began as she moved up to Dante, almost as if she was singing to him. Her eyes locking with his just to add a little more 'umph' to it.

I can't talk right now
I'm looking and I like what I'm seeing
Got me feeling kinda shocked right now
Couldn't stop right now, even if I wanted
Gotta get it, get it, get it, while it's hot right now
Oh my God, what is this?
Want you all in my business
Baby, I insist
Please don't blame me for what ever happens next

Now her main purpose wasn't to flirt with every guy in the room. She was just purely having fun with karaoke. Her body danced with the music, though it was nothing dirty, just simple movements like a slow shimmy and swaying hips. There was a sassy flare that she tossed into it just to make it more unique before she cupped his chin for just a moment before shifting to the next person, which was Kat. She cupped the cute girl's chin and sung to her too, clearly more into the song.

No I-I-I-I, can't be responsible
If I-I-I-I, get you in trouble now
See you're-'re-'re-'re, too irresistible (Rav boops Kat)
Yeah, that's for sure
So if I put your hands where my eyes can't see
Then you're the one who's got a hold on me
No I-I-I-I, can't be responsible, responsible
It ain't my fault

After that, she booped Kat once again and moved to the beat on her way over to Hunter. Clearly enjoying herself, a smile on her face and energy seeming like it was radiating off of her. Upon reaching her destination to Hunter, her singing spree continued. Her movements almost following all of her lyrics. Gotta go with the flow, right? It's not fun when there isnt some kind of interaction going on! Gotta add dance, add flare! Excitement!

It ain't my fault you came in looking like that
You just made me trip, fall, and land on your lap
Certain bad boy smooth, body hotter than a sauna
I don't mean to be rude, but I look so damn good on ya
Ain't got time right now
Missed me with that "what's your name, your sign" right now
It's light outside, I just called an Uber and it's right outside
Oh my God, what is this?
Want you all in my business
Baby I insist
Please don't blame me for what ever happens next

Her eyes scanning him up and down, then pretending to fan herself with her hand, then moving to wrap her arm around his shoulders, still singing with a smile on her face before shifting back in front of him and too much into his personal bubble, her fingers brushing his cheek before she cupped his chin and winked at him before moving onto her next contestant: Leona. She wrapped her arm around her shoulders and continued to sing, the lyrics she was looking for still a ways away as she swayed with the girl, closing her eyes and putting her soul into this. For Karaoke, she was really going ham on it. Nailing it even. Her voice was not bad at all and she was able to handle herself quite well. Luckily, the lines Rav was looking for had finally came to play.

Baby, one, two, three
Your body's calling me
And I know wherever you're at
Is exactly where I wanna be
But don't blame me
It ain't my fault (No, no, no, no)
It ain't my fault (Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my)

In the midst of all this, she made sure Leona was looking at her, and of course, Raven noticed her staring at Dante, so she lifted her eyebrows as she shifted her pinkish-red eyes between Leona and Dante, trying to signal that she definitely noticed the girl staring at him. It was obvious that Rav was trying to encourage this, but seeing the girls' timid nature, she didn't wanna push too much and she gave the girl a gentle head pat before making her way back to the mic stand while her voice continued to spill out into the air with the music. From then on she didn't move from there and just happily danced in her spot and sang. It wasn't often that she found herself doing stuff like this, so she wanted to make sure that not only herself enjoyed the moment, but others too. Which is why she tried to bring the audience into it in some way.

Just as her song finished, she placed the microphone back onto the stand and looked at the faces in front of her. Blinking a few times before she gave them a warm smile with closed eyes. "That was fun. I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did." her heart was going and her blood was pumping, just because of the adrenaline. The last time she felt something even close to this was the entrance exam. The tingling sensation running through her veins as she gave the group a bow and folded her hands behind her. I don't regret any of this. opening her eyes back up, she noticed more of Hunter's face, seeing the red that spread just about everywhere on it. Raven couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips He has no idea what he has signed up for. Poor guy. whenever she caught anyone blushing by her antics, she always made sure to take note and abuse the hell out of that weakness just to get all the reactions out of it. Only to tell them she's only playing and they shouldn't worry too much about it. Some have learned, but others have not, like her dad. But he was her dad so he had a right to get upset.​

a31faa40c3355ad2adefc5ef194b4e7f.pngrwby-omegaverse-16642469-010620190214(1).jpgLeona Wright & Rin Takahashi
Interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Hunter) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Kat) One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost (Dante) Britt-21 Britt-21 (Raven)

Mentioned:
"No, this isn't classical. This is a classic. Classical is all the fancy ballroom music and stuff like that, whereas this is from the 80s and pretty much everybody knows it," Leona told Hunter with a chuckle as Kat started singing. Then Hunter joined in, but Leona decided to sit it out. For now, at least, arms still crossed as she lightly bobbed a little with the music. Neither of them were bad singers. Kat looked pretty cute bobbing around like a J-Pop star, and once Hunter relaxed a little, he didn't do half bad either. Once they had finished the song, Leona uncrossed her arms long enough to clap before she crossed them again, and took a half step before Dante had taken the stage. Now...she had not expected him to be dressed like that if he showed up to sing with them. It was a pretty big difference from what he had been wearing the past week of school and just a little bit ago. It was safe to say, Leona was enjoying it.

But nothing could have prepared this poor girl for his performance. Absolutely nothing. It was like Dante was trying to kill every straight or bi woman in the room. She couldn't keep her eyes off him and it was obvious. A blush had come to her cheeks by the time he was done, Leona smiling at him when he apologized for going "over the top." That was just...Leona didn't know what to say without being weird, so she just kind of waved off his apology just like everyone else would. "Are you kidding? That was great!" She exclaimed about the same time Raven did. Over the top or not, Leona enjoyed it. Though when he looked away, she subtly reached up and rubbed her nose just to make sure this hadn't gone full anime. If it had though, she would have certainly gotten a nosebleed.

Raven stepped up next, picking a song Leona didn't know, she absolutely killed it just like Dante did. But what Leona didn't like was the subtle hints that Raven absolutely saw that Leona was checking out Dante. How rude was that, she just...lord, this was how she died wasn't it? The next time Dante sang, Leona was just gonna pass out. But...once Raven finished her song, Leona took the mic. Just to claim her spot as she looked through the songs. Before she saw it. Clicking on her choice with a smile, she couldn't help but notice Rin was watching now too. But that would not stop her, Leona wanted to have some fun.

"Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules

To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn, I dream of what I need"

Leona wasn't even thinking about the lyrics, and what they could possibly mean. She just enjoyed the song, especially this version. It was, in her and any sane person's opinion that it was the superior version and the fairy godmother knew how to work a crowd. Though despite some subtle swaying, Leona didn't seem that into it. Her voice was probably not what anyone was expecting, even Rin perked up a little more, but that voice didn't match what was on stage.

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And he's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Larger than life"

As the chorus hit, however, she seemed to open up a little more, hips swaying a little more with a playful flip of her hair, though there was certainly a lot less show and ship than there was with Raven and Dante's performance. She was just genuinely having fun...but the music didn't take her like it had taken them.

"Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat

It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet"

This time, she subtly glanced at Dante, a smile having slow taken over her face as she got a little more into it but still nowhere near what Raven or Dante had done, but she looked like she was having a lot of fun, dancing a little more into the next chorus before a little smirk hit her lips. She loved this next part.

"Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I could swear that there's someone somewhere watching me

Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach

Like the fire in my blood"

She was smiling again, dancing along as the music turned to the instrumental part with no lyrics. Bouncing slightly, her hips swaying a bit, Leona normally hated being at the center of attention like this, but holy hell it was fun. She loved karaoke anyway, but this was just a lot more fun than some private room in a lounge. As the lyrics came back on, Leona seemed to get really into the last two chorus repeats, smiling brightly. As her song ended, she put the mic back and stepped away from the machine, looking over the little crowd of people as Rin wolf-whistled from the couch. But even that didn't break her smile. "It's been a while since I've gotten to sing like that."

Xander Malker and Roy Rainfield

Interaction: Game Room Gang

Xander Malker (2).pngroy 2.png

Xander clapped with divided arms to add to the sound of his applause and cheering, he was super impressed by how well his classmates could sing! "Kahaha!! Hell yeah, you guys that was rad!!! I'd sing somethin' but I ain't very good- I think my voice is a bit gravely ferr it..." He rubbed his neck and shook his head, sitting back down from his standing ovation throwing his arms behind his head with a huff.

"Plus, most the stuff I listen to is from musicals n' stuff, either that or it doesn't have words at all. So... But you guys are totally killing it so don't let me stop you!" He slid over to were Hunter sat and confided to him quietly while the others talked, his happy expression turning to a more serious one as he leaned in

"Again bro, I don't wanna kill the mood er' anything. But We're already gettin' a major ass beatin' from Teach, so..." He quickly shotgunned the soda he was drinking and stood up. "So ya' boy is turning in for tonight, cya at the room, 'Jack-knife' I'll prolly be asleep when you get there." He shot Hunter a finger gun and walked for the door, nearly ramming into Roy as he walked by and the two other boys he was with

As Roy passed the game room and got to his dorm he shook the hands of Cecil and Christophe, nodding to them both "I'm sure we can talk about this plan at some other point... but for now I'll be turning in for the night. Thank you very much for talking with me about the topics we did." They both smiled and turned back down the hallway, talking to each other. Roy closed the door and sighed closing his eyes for a moment

"Make myself a hero hmm... I might take them up on their offer, I need to sleep on it. It's to much to go over now..." and with that he went to sleep.

Edzan Miller

Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Edzan Miller2.png

A hard knock sounded out from Sera's door and when it was opened the imposing figure of Edzan in a tight-fitting t-shirt and sweat pants stood in the frame, his face seemed tired but the rest of his body didn't express any exhaustion. Most people wouldn't be able to see past the stone-cold gaze of Edzan to find what was happening underneath, but Sera had known the man long enough to know that his jaw loosened up slightly when he was tired and the glow of his eyes would dim down "Sorry if I'm waking you Sera. Had some late night business I wanted to talk to you about." he took a drink from the large jug of water that he held in his right-hand evidence that he'd clearly been training in the resort's gym.

"I wanted to give you a heads up about tomorrow's training, Unlike at Sakura high or during the exam, I won't be pulling my punches against them, So I want you on easy beck and call for me. I hate to ruin your relaxing time here but, we're both still on work." He sat there for a moment letting her go over his words, looking down at her was nostalgic for him in a way, It reminded him of his school days which he usually never thought about, but Sera always seemed to remind him of his younger more... out of line... years.

tumblr_oqinxbatXU1u9y0nmo1_1280.pngSera Hikari
Interaction: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc (Edzan)
Mentioned: N/A

Sera had been in her room relaxing for the past little bit now, wearing some shorts and a tank top while she tried to find something to watch. And, she was shamelessly enjoying some soup dumplings when she heard a knock on the door. Her brows furrowed followed a little. Who would be knocking on her door right now? For a brief second, she debated putting her bra back on but she decided, as she stood, that it would only be put back on if there was really an emergency. Sera sighed softly, moving to open the door...the last person she expected to see was Edzan. Especially with such a tight shirt on. For a few seconds, she didn't answer, eyes glued to his chest for a few seconds before she cleared her throat and looked up to his face with a small smile. "Oh, you didn't wake me up. I was just trying to find a good movie to go with room service," She replied with a slight chuckle. It wasn't a surprise he had been working out instead of relaxing, but...apparently, there were perks of that.

"I wouldn't expect either of you to hold back," Sera nodded. "It's why I'm here and why the training areas are so close together. I'll be going up with you and Yuri so whenever me or hot chocolate is needed both are quick to get to." This wasn't a true vacation for any of them, Sera was here for work just like the teachers and the students. But at least they'd have downtime in between. "You should get some rest, you look tired," She then added, her voice soft with a smile that matched. Edzan would also, possibly, maybe notice another few glances at his chest. As subtle as they may be.

Paris.

Paris had tiptoed into the game room near the middle of Dante's performance. She stood into he back of the room at first, but then ended up inching closer to where Lana was seating reading a book. She was probably the reddest in the room after, save for Leona, and then the reddest after Raven's performance, save for Hunter. Her ears and eyes felt horribly hot, but another thought was taking her attention. She wanted to dance.

She had tried to make herself move during Dante and Raven's pieces, but could hardly coax out more than a nearly invisible sway, and she was irritated at her inability to push herself. By the start of Leona's song, she was nearing the peak of irritation, a lump threatening to rise in her throat.

And then the lyrics of Leona's song hit her hard and she found herself mouthing them.

'I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night... And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life...'

Paris rose onto her tiptoes and twirled slowly. It was graceful, it was delicate, it was heartfelt... And then her hip hit the couch where Lana sat and she tumbled into the arachnid's lap. She squealed, apologizing profusely, trying to right herself quickly, but hitting probably every single limb of Lana's and maybe her face and making things worse by the second.

"Imsorryimsorryimsorryimsorryyyyyyyyy...!!!"

Kat Jackson
Anime Cat Hoodie.jpg"Are you sure this is the first time you've done karaoke? You're pretty good at it, nyan!" Kat asked Hunter as Dante was setting up his song choice.

She swung her arms in the air during Living La Vida Loca. Lost in the performance, her child-like mind was oblivious to the hotness of Dante's muscles. She ended up closing her eyes and focused on the vocals as he started to use his quirk. Although she thought that his quirk usage was elegant and beautiful most of the time, the fact that it was his blood was something she was still getting used to.

She continued to dance through Leona's and Raven's performances. She was particularly giggly during Rav's. "Nyahaha," she laughed as Rav booped her and seeing Hunter's reaction to the whole situation was equally entertaining.

She waved to Xander as he headed out. Her cat ears had picked up his plan to retire for the night. It seemed like the sensible thing to do and she should probably do the same, but she was already on the karaoke train and wanted to sing a few more songs or hang out a bit more first.

Finding space for another turn, Kat grabbed the mic and started to sing.

"I come home in the morning light
My mother says, "When you gonna live your life right?"
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun..."

As she sang, she did an improvised idol dance; making peace signs and hearts with her hands.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Mentions: Britt-21 Britt-21 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost FireMaiden FireMaiden Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

Last edited:
HunterFlip.png Hunter was enjoying the song with Kat when she asked if it was his first time singing Karaoke. "Yeah it is." He said scratching the back of his head, it was either good enough for her to not think so or bad enough for her to try and be nice about it. He couldn't tell but soon it was over and Dante took center stage while Leina explained the music's. "Oh I see, thank you for explaining it to me." He said with a polite smile. Soon Dante began his big performance. While it was impressive... Hunter wasn't as moved as the rest of his classmates, his pondering the strange lyrics took place over the performance, and by the time he snapped out of his overanalyzing of the song it was already over. He nodded in agreement with the others over the quality of the performance as t not be rude especially since he had not been paying attention. He nodded at Raven going next, she was usually quiet so he didn't know much about her, from he conservativeand dark dress he expected something akin to gothic church music. However what she began playing had a strange tone to it he couldn't explain that made him uncomfortable. Her tone had even stronger hints of that unexplained tone causing him to frown slightly, her movements and way of dancing were the opposite of what he expected causing him to look away slightly pink before he found she was next to him..m and on him.. then what he could only describe as 'feeling him up' causing him to turn bright crimson as he blushed. His heartrate was not cooperating and beat faster than he wanted, it was out of his control. He had lost control over his body and he was both frustrated, embarrassed, and some other emotion he couldn't explain at the same time. He sighed in relief as she moved on as he tried calling his heartrate once again... it still protested wo he gave up and resigned to being a blushing mess. As soon as he thought he had it under control he noticed Raven looking at him before giggling causing the blood to rush back to his face again. Xander soon walked over and told him that he was headed to bed. "I'll be up in awhile. Night man." He says relieved thatcthe distraction calmed him down enough stop being a blushing mess. Hunter suddenly remembered one song he had overheard from his father's workshop where he wasn't supposed to be. He waited for the others to finish before queuing up to sing. He was probably going to suck at it but he wanted to hear the song again and this was his best excuse. He begins singing in tune worhcthe song, having recited it in his head countless times when he was much younger. His voice synchronizing with the singer's to make the song come alive. While not as impressive as Dante he did a decent job of singing.

@Karaoke group

Lana Del Rize1en7uR95Xo5qb0lCBFFy.jpg

Lana had been told many times before that she had an unhealthy state of mind, due in no small part to her ability to find something to aggravate her in almost every moment of her life. She liked to think such assumptions were wrong, especially since she barely had to try. Perhaps she just wasn't wired with that inner optimism that or the ignorance that most folks her age had, may be it was just one of the many defects she could thank her late father for giving her before he tap-danced off the mortal coil with three women on each of his arms. It was almost ironic how such a careless, happy-go-lucky conman such as him could produce such a bitter cynic. Perhaps if she was any other person in the room Lana would find such a thought humorous... but the thought of inheriting the issues of any of her classmates made her sigh as the singing started.

Songs dated back to man's earliest history, as soon as Ugnug realized he could yell over something the path of his descendants was set in stone. With something so ingrained in most of the world's cultures, surely even someone like Lana could appreciate it, right? Well, she could tolerate some singing more than others, surely, but what she couldn't stand were the lyrics. Something about most lyrics just felt so... preachy to her, and Preaching ranked high in the list of things which made her taste bile rising up the horror show that was her esophagus. Now she knew there were clear differences between singing and preaching, sure both required good vocals, and timing, presence, and in plenty of cases rhythm...

The point was that once her classmates started singing she found herself with no small amount of BGM for the travesty of a book in her hands. And oh what a travesty it was, she had just gotten to the point where the hero's latest failed attempt to reform her long lost lover led to the endangerment of another village full of innocent civilians. The Author's flailing attempts to justify this endangerment was more than amusing enough to keep Lana from focusing too much on the literal karaoke party taking place beside her.

But that didn't mean she didn't keep tabs, especially when the next song started.

Lana held her book up to block out the sight of the singers before her, but the moment that Living La Vida Loco drowned out the sound of Journey, she found herself ever so slowly lowering that novel. As it lowered, her even glare found the sight of Dante doing some kind of pagan ritualistic rain dance waiting for her on the other side. In the time since the first song had been chosen, the group watching had grown somewhat. Now including the little houseplant Paris, that muscle head Xander, Flame had appeared in the lounge at some point, and a Snake guy was hanging out in the back silently enjoying. While Paris Leona and Kat were practically eating it up, Lana merely rolled her human eye before slowly raising her novel to block her view of the circus act set before her.

Thankfully, Raven and Leona's songs seemed more tame... at least in comparison. Lana could hear them dancing, which she didn't really understand. Karaoke was supposed to be about the singing, wasn't it? Perhaps Dante's bohemian mountain calling had stirred them into similar ritualistic fervor? It was a theory that Lana figured held some weight. Either way, she raised the book once more as she deigned to continue her reading with little interruption.

2af0d4612b85b41c1b3c2a819968ffc7.jpgMako Glass
What Lana didn't know was that Mako hadn't gathered her focus when Yasu had served his first ball. It was her fault mostly, not taking into account how many odd serves she would do back when she had started out playing. Her mind had been elsewhere, still swimming through the events of the past even as she waited for the ball to be sent her direction. She'd found herself reminiscing more often lately, something she'd never done before Free State. If there was anyone who truly understood the regrets brought on by overthinking past events, it was her. She should know better... should've known better. But she didn't, and so was unprepared when things quite literally turned sideways.

Already leaning into the path of the ball as Yasu launched it, Mako was equally unprepared for the sudden bounce it did that threw off its collision course and sent it in an alternate path. She was already adjusting her aim, of course, but she still wasn't in the right headspace yet. It was only due to her familiarity with the game and muscle memory that she managed to hit the ball at all, but it was nothing like the counters she'd been able to do in the past. In fact, the ball had been struck by the side of her paddle and launched off to the side instead of anywhere near Yasu. Mako chuckled under her mask and was about to congratulate him on his first score, but then she realized exactly where that ball was speeding towards and her smile weakened dramatically underneath its cover.

That ping pong ball, sped by the force of Mako's off-handed swing, raced towards a specific couch before cracking Lana in the back of the head and bouncing off.

Mako sucked in a breath before holding a hand up to Yasu, "Don't worry bro, that was all me." she said with her eyes darting over to Lana, who hadn't budged despite the rear head injury "I'll just go apologize and get the ball back and we can keep going."

As she approached, Lana slowly reached behind her head with one of her over-sized, lower hands before patting the very back of her head. Mako swallowed and scooped up the ball before giving a small bow, "Sorry, that was me. I'll try to be more careful next time," she said before raising an eyebrow "You uh... you good?"

Lana still hadn't turned around, the hand she'd checked her head with clenched into a fist as she forced out a, "Leave.... now."

"Right," Mako took a step back and lowered her hands as she angled herself towards the pool table again "again, real sorry. Hope it doesn't-"

"Now..." Lana hissed as her head snapped back towards Mako

Returning to the Ping Pong table, Mako sighed before tossing the ball back to Yasu. She'd deal with that later, right now she wasn't keen on leaving him hanging to mend fences that she knew would take a while to fix. Instead she got back into position, massaging her head with her free hand as adjusted her hold on the paddle again.

"Great serve for your first time, bro." Mako laughed whilst getting ready for the next serve "Looks like I'm more rusty than I thought."

Dr8Tp_jVsAAr7Ov.jpgLana waited until she was certain that masked cretin wouldn't be making her way over again. It was only then that she returned her gaze forward and sank back into the couch slightly. It wasn't like such a flimsy projectile could leave much more than a lasting bruise on her, but the nerve of some people to just casually allow their problems to become other people's problems was always... irritating. But she supposed it was just like the excessive dancing occurring before her, just part of the social experience. Even Paris was attempting to dance as well, luckily with far less pomp and noise like the rest.

Whatever, she wouldn't waste her time going down that rabbit hole again. With the back of her head still sorely tingling from the mask girl's flub up, Lana pulled up her book once more to get right back to-

Suddenly a flailing weed careened right into her.

Lana's grip on her book stayed true as Paris, the damned houseplant scrambled in her lap flailing her limbs about like a beached octopus. Lana hadn't even been able to get her usual hiss out before a wildly swinging wrist slammed against the side of her head and turned her hiss into a snarl.

"What are you-!" She reached down to trying to push Paris off "Get off!"

But Ironically, her limbs flailing coupled with Paris's limbs flailing seemed to cancel both attempts out. As soon as Lana let go of her book so she could focus three of her limbs to holding off Paris's panicked assault, then she started making headway. Soon her tentacle slid into play, wrapping almost completely around Paris while two arms forced distance between them. The third kept Lana grounded to the couch, and soon she held the houseplant away from her victoriously. But oh did it not feel victorious at all.

Panting, infuriated, and struggling to not just throw her at something, Lana leaned up off the couch while struggling to catch her breath. Despite Paris's stream of apologies, Lana found her already slim scope of forgiveness dry up as she looked down to see her Novel had had several pages torn out during the scuffle. Given how focused she was on Paris at the time, Lana was unsure who was responsible for the desecration in the first place, but she was one-hundred percent certain who had caused the scuffle itself.

Turning her glare back to Paris, Lana grumbled "Really want to.... dance with me, eh?" as she stood up from the couch and loosened her hold on her classmate.

She knew the answer to that question fairly well, but also knew that such a blatant assault could not go unpunished. Thankfully, she knew exactly how to deal out punishments, especially for people like the seedling before her.

Standing up from the couch, Lana grounded herself with her two lower arms and placed her upper hand and tentacle on Paris' shoulders. And without allowing her classmate even the time to answer her first question, she stated "Fine then, let's... dance."

As the next song played, that statement would take on a far more literal interpretation than one would expect from someone such as Lana.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Slav Slav ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon EldridSmith EldridSmith One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Britt-21 Britt-21 FireMaiden FireMaiden Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back