• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Architect Aims Higher...
Ru-Ten flag 2.png
The great construction of Yomus had been a work the likes of which the builders of the Amalgam had never attempted before. No longer were they attempting to settle new grounds in foreign territories, no longer did they need fear the wildlife to attack in the night. Instead, they worked to build upon the great foundations of Yomus, adding to its heft and defense until the city had grown to dwarf its former size. Almost every great structure had been touched by this endeavor, from the castle itself to the libraries of the Buried Palm and the Arenas of the Oaken League.

The city streets were dotted with larger residences, with the space for more people and grander plantations cultivated within portions of the capital. Despite the hard winter's chill seeping through the workers, the workers had managed to weather the ice and hail and provide the Capital with a redesign worthy of the Amalgam. With its hardy structure, intricate design, and adherence to the structural aesthetic of their forbearers, the project managed to uphold all three aspects of strength at once.

But that alone wasn't the greatest fact of this endeavor, it was the fact that Vineyar had been given similar redesign as well throughout the winter.

With both the capital city and one of their grandest settlements redesigned and reinforced, the people grave praise to the efforts of the workers who'd toiled upon the walls and unfinished buildings for months in the biting cold. They gave praise to the increased production of food, the hardier defenses, and the wealth of knew living space to enjoy. Despite the biting cold still clawing at their edges, the people of the Amalgam saw such a thing as nothing less than proof of their hardiness.

But not all celebrated this accomplishment, for the debated over the foreign alliances grew on still. Word of the victories and battles of the alliances swayed opinion one way and another, but this new subject of gossip was not welcomed by all.

Pagon had never assumed the deadlock would lead to such a thing, had figured that he could hold off and wait until one side gained a proper advantage their joining could reinforce. Now, everywhere he turned he heard people laughing over the mistakes of the foreign alliances, spouting the importance of linking up with additional strength, or debating loud and violently over which ones were truly deserving of their support.

It wasn't good, he'd seen enough partisan debates between merchants to know that this east and west issue, if left to the public, could start pulling at the seams of the Amalgam's unity if left to fester. He needed to get the Triumvirate together, get them to talk it over and present it to the Sirewood before catastrophe could descend upon them. So while many admired the redone streets and stairs that dotted their city, Pagon found himself cursing them as moving through the ground new works of the Capital took longer.

He burst through the doors of the Capital's greatest Temple, once known for its worship of the Sun yet nowadays split between the remaining worshippers and the Capital's sect of the Buried Palm. Grand ornaments and murals depicting historical events were passed in a huff as he made for the Temple's library. Taking hold of the ornamental handles, he hauled open the grand door and breathe deeply.

"Tal-Run!" he called as he stomped in, with many robed members of the Buried Palm looking up at his intrusion.

But none were the one he sought out.

Walking through the library, he continued to call out for his fellow Triumvirate member, "Tal-Run! Where are you? We must find Gurok and assemble quickly before-"

"SILENCE!" a high-pitched screech stopped Pagon dead in his track, and his eyes snapped towards a large circular table in the center of the library.

A single figure of diminutive stature was hunched over it, head practically pressed against a scrawl of papers draped over the table, "Do. You. MIND?!?" it spat without looking back at him "This is no place for the barking of WORTHLESS facsimiles of purpose!"

"What?" Pagon shook his head "But this is important."

"DOUBT surges through my veins!" the hunched figure laughed at that.

"Where's Tal-Run?" Pagon asked with a roll of his eyes "I need to speak with her."

"Taking a TOUR of my Gifts, obviously!" The figure finally pushed up from the table "Scouring the many additions I so graciously conjured for my fellows!"

"Ugh," Pagon realized she would be harder to find if she were out viewing the new additions, she could be anywhere in the city by now.

But then another realization hit him, the words of the loud figure at the table. Pagon looked to him again, finding the shoulders of the rather short monk shaking quite often. His head twitched several times as he drummed hands covered in small injuries upon the table, as if waiting for something.

And the realization of who this near-manic looking figure was almost caused Pagon to forget what he needed Tal-Run for.

"You're the grand architect?" he had to ask, causing the figure to release a labored groan capped with several breathy laughs.

"Do you HEAR that?!?" the Architect asked nearby monks as long leaves dangled from inside his hood "I break and bend, toiling night and day to construct my People, my FAMILY, a structure worthy of their presence. Yet my name goes unknown by even the smallest of relatives, who slumbers the chambers I build, dines on food grown in fields I designed! AND INTERRUPTS MY CONSTRUCTION OF FURTHER GLORIES!!!"

"Its not exactly a small name, Bara-Cor." another Monk mentioned whilst casually flipping through a tome "We're treated with the presence of one of the Triumvirate."

The Grand Architect paused at that, breath still labored and ragged, "Are we? Oh! OHOHOHOH!"

Finally turning away from the table, Bara-Cor pulled back his head to reveal the twisted vines knotted and mangled which dripped from his brownish green skin, Pale eyes turned in Pagon's general direction as he raised a hand.

"That tone isn't the one of a general, and Tal-Run cannot produce a voice so convincing." he murmured as he pulled some of his twisted vine hair out of the way of those milky eyes "Meaning Triumvirate Pagon stands before me?"

"Are you blind?" Pagon squinted, trying to see a speck of comprehension in the Architect's gaze

"Only to the WORTHLESS." Bara-Cor stated before raising those bruised and battered hands towards the sky "I gave most of my sight to the bright one in exchange for comprehension, a trade I shed not a SINGLE tear of regret for."

"I suppose that comprehension can be seen in your work?" Pagon asked as he approached, the high-pitched cackle of Bara-cor rising as he looked to the papers he'd been hunched over.

What he found were indeed blueprints, tightly constructed ones that he wouldn't expect from one such as Bara-Cor. And though they looked similar to the construction that had been going on, Pagon found that what he looked at now didn't seem like the same place.

"ENOUGH!" Bara-Cor slid between him and the table "The Prize of my efforts is not to be SPOILED so soon, brother. Seek out the Teacher another day!"

"But this is important, I need to gather the others to end the deadlock before-!"

Bara-Cor nearly doubled over in laughter, "To believe such is in your power to end! ARROGANCE UNRIVALED THIS ONE!"

"What?"

"THINK damn it!" Bara-Cor pointed towards his own head "The people will not reach satisfaction if the choice is taken now, you TOOK... TOO... LONG!!!"

"No, I can still salvage this." Pagon shook his head "We can't let a few lucky strokes by some foreigners decide where our loyalties lie!"

"It will not!" Bara-Cor laughed "The outcome shall not be decided on the outside, but on the INSIDE!! HERE with my work!"

"Excuse me?" Pagon asked, only for Bara-Cor to spin on him and thrust a hand towards the window.

"Think Brother!!! How long have these ALLIANCES contested for supremacy?!?" he laughed "True children of the Aspects of Strength shan't be swayed by token victories, gnawing on the bodies of weaklings is capable even by feral dogs! Not Warriors! Not Conquerors! NOT BY CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Your point being?"

"The Alliances shall throw their pitiful 'Victories' around, boasting up a storm of their infallibility!" Bara-Cor stepped away, sinking teething into his own thumb as he spoke "Yes, they will talk of their power, of how unstoppable they are! Only for the continued existence of the other to prove such notions as false! The question shall arise amongst the people! How could such power allow a rival of such stature to exist? It can't!"

Bara-Cor spun back to Pagon, tearing his hand away from his mouth and flinging droplets of his own blood about in the process, "We are not the ones deadlocked brother! They are! By the very existence of a rivalling alliance, their might is in question. And our brothers and sisters shall see this, watch as they fail to gain superiority over another!"

Approaching the table again, Bara-Cor slammed a hand against the table, looking over his blueprints with reverence, "And once the people are made aware of this... this ROT... this STAGNATION! They shall look back upon the works I grant them, of the power they hold with them, and realize who TRULY holds the power of this world! Their fervor will turn inwards, away from the grasping hands of starving WHORES and SLAVES! Away from petty Rulers unconvinced of their own folly! Away from false Gods unaware of their true mortality!"

Bara-Cor wrapped his arms around himself, "And look upon structures unrivaled in power, unfettered by the masses beyond. Laced with growth and knowledge found by their OWN hands. And while these Alliances waste themselves chasing fruitless ventures, we shall build something to last long after our bodies have rotted away and become one with the land once again!

Clasping his hands together, Bara-Cor looked back to Pagon, "And for any who would assume to have causes or purposes higher than such, for those may demand we pay heed to their sorrows, woes and endeavors. Who may pull their emaciated bodies to our land seeking aid, we shall succinctly look down upon them."

"And spit right down their throats."
Eastern Victory over the Demons + 10
Eastern Victory over the Ogres +10
Western Victory over the Euvonian attackers +10

West vs. East Public Opinion

Settlements
Yomus: Capital (lvl 2) +5 Resources +3 Population
Vineyar: Standard Settlement (Lvl 2)+4 Resources +3 Population
Gerudo Valley: Farming Settlement: +5 Resources
Rootlane: Standard Settlement +3 Resources +2 Population

Policies and Advancements
Recycling - Nothing is allowed to go to waste, anything from corpses to destroyed ruins are bounties of resources in the eyes of the Ru-Ten
Sirewood Defenses- Through use of the Vines assisting in the defense of all settlements, they gain 0/+2 except under the attack of The Flame. (Advancement lvl 1)
Photosynthesis Exploitation- The Capital gains an extra +1 Resources (Advancement lvl 3)
Streamlined Bentvine Training- For every Bentvine recruited, another can be recruited for no turn cost at an additional 50% resource cost. (Advancement lvl 1)
The Oaken League- A series of Gladiatorial Arenas set up across the Amalgam Settlements
Sirewood Serfs- Using Population, the Amalgam may construct Sirewood Serfs out of criminals. (Advancement lvl 1)

Units
Yomus Garrison: The Seventh Sire, 5 Bentvine Skirmisher, 2 Sirewood Beast
Vineyar Garrison-5 Bentvine Skirmisher, Veximus Triumphus the First, Galixo Prime
Gerudo Valley Garrison: Veximus Triumphus the First, 1 Sirewood Beast, 5 Bentvine Skirmisher
Rootlane Garrison: 1 Gnarlroot Brawler, 4 Bentvine Skirmishers

Movement
(N/A)
Actions
1. Complete Upgrade Gerudo Valley (Farming)
2. Upgrade Rootlane (Standard)
Action 3. Advancement: Architect's Fervor- Inspired to turn the Amalgam's Settlements into monoliths to withstand the eons, the Grand Architect endeavors to find new building techniques to expedite his great project.

Free Actions
Exploration on Rootlane tile (Continued...)

Resource Transactions
Balance: 65
+Income:
(Yomus 5) (Vineyar 4) (Gerudo Valley 5) (Rootlane 3) 17
-Expense:
Complete Upgrade Gerudo Valley to lvl 2 (Standard) -5 Turn 3 of 3
Upgrade Rootlane (Standard) -5 Resources Turn 1 of 3
Advancement: Architect's Fervor lvl 1 (3- [Strength of Mind 1 + Advanced Knowledge 2]) 1

New Resource Balance: 71

Last edited:
The Zanzarian Civil War Escalates

qvwKa-bBvbb1Xby6G3OVJiWzBPvOWeqUNL1ygFbREx2XEg-reIil0Ztm2NEQzN0IYWX-10e6wLgFGdNUIuPs2ShW63UUjQEHMjLniOioB-f3A-4Ps57utC9XT_mnPDZekVGLzHFz

Excerpts from around the continent in the time of the Great Strife.

“The Day of Gifts is a time to rejoice. Especially since it marks the current end of the fighting and hopefully a long peace.”- Regalian Soldier

“Amanitore seems to be a woman of her word. Once we help her secure her throne, we’ll be able to find a new life elsewhere, far way from all this carnage that has driven” - Dwarven Refugee in Zanzir

“Our Queen has begun to educate the masses. Even the lowest among us have begun to learn to read and write. Gone are the days of enslavement and forced servitude.” - Isis Zanzarian

“The King has rightfully joined The Grand Western Alliance. They have managed to fight back against invaders from across the sea. And now once he has secured the kingdom against the Pretender, we shall all benefit from this Alliance.” -Zanzarian Noble

“If the Ogres come back, we shall be ready for them. I don’t trust those monstrous beasts.”- Tolouis Guard training in battle formation.

“It is time to rebuild and begin to interact with these Grounders that we are in an Alliance with.” -Drakenguard Soldier

ujJVxHrtKy8Ztjp61wp7cRVLXOc_v7CNTPQZSpzf843FvNRpDi7JJccV7JUDVa8mJ60WgbOildsjZ0ayslDDpkCsdmgV11jB3a14c8vznL1lze12FA4QFs6ZWssCLLSDF_EwJojV

Dymaeran Remnant
Population: 46 Resources: 27 Order: 1

Lord Jadom had made a deal with the High Priestess. He had hoped that he was making the right choice. But like many things that have happened since the Demons had taken hold of his people, he was no longer in a position to be sure.

Back then, he was merely jockeying to have his House be one of the top houses by puffing up his support for the Eastern Alliance, but that quickly fell to the wayside when it seemed that the Alliance was more just a kneejerk reaction to the Western Alliance, without all of the true camaraderie that came along with it.

Now, once again, his people were at the mercy of a Zanzarian leader, but he hoped that once he helped her secure her throne from her brother, that he could take his people far from here and start anew in a new land. One where he wouldn’t have to worry about the darkness that had destroyed them here.

He watched as children run through the refugee camp, having not much to care about in the world. Happy in the moment.

Jadom continued to train more of the refugees to fight as best as he could with his training regimen. It was all that he could do to help them prepare. He needed to give those children a chance at a better existence than what lay for them here on this continent.

Train 2 DRW
Advancement: New trait for Lord Jadom Hero Unit- Lord Jadom’s training regiment: Troops under his command gain +1/+1

Weapon Constructed for Sale:

Boots of Nasis
Strength: Immune to changes in the action order
Weakness: Immune to Changes in the Action Order

Previous Constructed for Sale:
Goliath’s Hammer
Strength: +2/0
Weakness:0/-2

Army 1: 2 Protectors, 5 Guards, Lord Jadom, 9 Dwarven Refugee Warriors, 4 Dwarven Refugees

5FY7NSF-GGA3PU1kmjHsZZtKSsavGZfp1ap5V6mMAkqjzVU3iSuXZmHeWiFwGeXaKJWEoaw4Yb1vnilFZclkDBlFYsA7U8L1Mt6uLswNnFkllHLAjtxKe1drr_X5XWJsrP_q2o40

Draken Guard
Population: 60 Resources: 84 Order: 1

Now that their lands were safe for the moment, King Rex decided to take upon the offer of traveling to the Regalian Capital to partake in the Day of Gifts. He teleported there with some of his Drakenkin who needed the time to rest and recover after all the fighting and death that had been occurring in their stead. They needed to have this time of peace and joy.

In order to better fit in with his surroundings, King Rex altered his form to that of a Grounder, specifically taking a humanoid form similar to that of a Regalian so as to not scare or terrify those with his large and powerful visage.

He had brought along the customary gift that is with the times and as a part of this Imperium. The Order alone that it has brought to at least a few Grounder Nations, was exemplary and a show that it could work on the grand scheme of things.

------------------------------------

But at the Capital, Xexis supervised the final lock, releasing The Guardians from their deep slumber. The ultimate defenders of their land, and they would be so again.

The Large, almost gargantuan creations of long ago, made to defend them from the worst that the world had to offer. They appeared to be made out of a large gray stone composite, wielding nothing but their fists into combat. But their skin was more than just hardened rock and it would repel many kinds of attacks. Its power was locked into the Drakenguard and was strengthened within its realm.

Research The Guardians Lvl 3: Unlock The Guardians

The Guardians
HP: 2
Movement: 1
Attacks: 2(3)
Atk: 2(3)
Def: 2(3)
Ancient Power: +1 HP due to the high quality construction. +1 Attak, atk, and def when fighting up to 1 square away from the Drakenguard settlements. Bonus increases by +1 for every lvl that the Settlement is. If the settlement that they are defending is destroyed, their stats decrease to 1.

Train 1 The Guardian at the Capital

King Rex teleports to the Regalian Capital with 2 Dragoons.
Xexis teleports back to the Drakenguard Capital.
Donate 20 resources to Regalia for The Day of Gifts

Army 1: 1 Nymph
Army 2(Regalian Capital): King Rex, 2 Dragoons
Capital City Army: Xexis, 2 Dragoons, 1 Guardian

J79cQrEKLaztFQpB5YK9p4Bvf1VhMBEYik3e-lgot98PBB_kqcLWPsXqHQr802ZxAQbqEPObcsAnDPSAdQxwb6pbOqcXVv9tkwrs-WaKVEHC7Dzam4Og5k2TQoTe8IhOtEp1i-HG

Toulais
Population: 44 Resources: 64 Order: 2

It was a time for celebration! Not only were those deadly and dangerous Ogres sent packing, but it was the Regalian Day of Gifts. And if there was one thing that the Toulais were good at, it was throwing a good party.

Wine and spirits were passed around with ease as the current threat of death was pushed off to the back of most of their minds. They were a part of a Grand Imperium of which they were an important part. Their people provided resources and Naval Vessels, as well as bringing in troops that were willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of protecting what is theirs.

So now, it was time to party and let loose.

Soldiers mixed with merchants. And Merchants mixed with the Navy. It didn’t matter who you were as long as you were celebrating this momentous achievement.

-----------------------------------------------

General Céline Delacroix was having a drink with the Spymaster of their reformed nation. Still in her uniform, slightly marred from battle, but otherwise in an almost pristine condition. If nothing else, she prided herself on her appearance. Her compatriot, Marie-Claire Trudeau slowly took a sip of her fermented wine before she extended her attention to listen..
“So, the Ogres have been repelled for now. But you of all people know that they will return and in greater numbers, eventually.”

Trudeau took a small bite of a biscuit, followed by another sip of wine. “Indeed. But there is little that we can do about that now. All we can do is prepare. Besides, a rampaging band of ruffians in our future at an indeterminate date, is far less pressing than the eventual war with the Grand Western Alliance.”

She took another sip of wine before continuing. “The idealiologis between the Imperium and the Grand Western Alliance are far too different. And both believe themselves in the right. Therefore, it is an irreconcilable task and war will be inevitable.”

Delacroix leaned forward at such a speed that she nearly spilled her wine, “Then I will be ready for it. I will make sure that our troops are ready for it. They will be drilled both night and day.”

The Spymaster gave a wave of her hand at this juncture, almost as a dismissal of her plan. “All in good time, my dear General. For now, there are things that we can do, to stave off such inevitable action and perhaps, make it so when the time comes, that it will be in our favor.”

The General raised an eyebrow to such words, “Oh? And how will this come to pass?”

“Well, first it will depend on the outcome of the Zanzarian Civil War. And then…….” She leaned in closely to prevent any prying ears from hearing. An extra precaution, rendered mostly null due to her own strong and every growing spy network that is quite good at preventing this kind of activity.

“Oh. Do you really think that will work?” Céline pulled away.

“It should. Providing none of the parts of my plan are disrupted and our allies play their part.” The Spymaster took another sip of her wine as she looked into the warm fire. “We can only hope that it does. As both Toulais and the Takrians will bear the front of this war if there were any failures.”

-------------------------------

Warden Gibrian Armeron felt different. The last time that he was in the Regalian Capital, he was but a Director, one of many that supported his nation, looking for allies on their grand crusade of freedom. But now, he was a Warden of the Regalian Imperium and is leading his people to the greatness that they had always deserved. It was a liberating feeling. One that he didn't think would come to pass. So many ways that it could have failed Especially if he hadn’t been able to get Marie-Claire on his side. But luckily he had. A spymaster of her quality did not come along very often and is much better as an ally than an enemy.

The Grand Palace was an amazing place. He would have to try to make his Capital look as fancy as possible should any more officials come to visit in the future. Best to keep up the appearances so that Toulais can be a crowning location of the Imperium.

Free Action: Generate Spy in Zanzir
Donate 20 Resources to Regalia

Train 2 Warden Guarde
Advancement: Guarde Training Regimen- Guarde gain +1 HP

ARMY 1: De’Orleon, 1 Archer, 1 Guarde, 3 Skeleton Knights
Capital( lvl 3) Army 2: General Céline Delacroix, 1 Archer, 2 Watercraft, 6 Guarde, 1 OBL, 12 Advanced Attack Boats, 2 Warden Guarde
Army 3: 3 Spy

pbWJOOa1qolVT1E00sygMdDZjjn8U4PqSv4oLsXtD0s-vwszC-vwYPxGdUnqxOugh7o9y-bZ6SNjRcNWlYf5hMaG3xFW5cLnJ7tc1PU5-goptMrRD8_EbK7HUnGR0ie5MOEeECMZ

The Gecklicko Realm
Population: 30 Resources: 18 Order: 1

Getta was happy that they were able to kill most of the Ogres and drive off the rest. But now, now, he knew that the fighting would continue. It always would continue. That had been most of their existence and would continue to be their existence until ALL WERE ONE.

It was under this idealiology, that he used the transportation network to teleport himself and his troops to the Takrian Capital. If fighting broke out on the Zanzarian border, him and his troops would be the first to dive into the fray. They would prove to the Regalians how useful they were. He would prove to the Regalians that the Gecko people were not some pathetic little beasties that couldn’t do anything.

The troops under his command and assisted by the mage, Garli, were among the greatest fighting force that the Gecklicko Nation had ever assembled and it was growing in number every day.

----------------------------------------------

During the war, the vote had proceeded so that the Gecklicko people could have a Warden. Someone who would be taking care of their best interests first. It had been an almost dead necked tie between the two Geckos that had stepped forward. They each represented a different path for their people.

In the End, Gensari, the strange Gecklicko Lizard ended up winning the popular vote with grumbles from his opposition. And as such, the new Warden Gensari, arrived via Drakenguard teleportation to the Regalian Capital.

He was amazed and impressed by the nature of the true heart of Regalia. It was such a stark contrast from the dark metal confines of a Gecklicko settlement. There was something of a warmth here, even with the extreme cold this far north.

The Palace as well, was a masterpiece.

Train 3 Swordslingers
Donate 20 Resources as a gift to Regalia

Army 5: Unit 01, 1 Swordslinger
Army 2 (In Takrian Capital): Getta, The Ancient Magimech, Garli, 3 Strider, 14 Swordslingers, 2 Mechanical Troopers
Army 3 (South of Lost City) 2 Swordslingers
Army 4 (Capital) 2 Mechanical Troopers

2 AA, Turn 20, Month 7
odCmn7m0QJCLQxLJ8bfCF8De6X4G4twORMw1mnUtafS8UfoOzasXaeRnq0qbIoS6b3mr0cOOj3Q7wDyc-ts4_yDDqs8F3H305AFc92oDXYNYz-fcFKjUBqQaQsI6XNd8v01rQztJ

The Oni
Population:170 (Max) Resources: 96 Order: 1

Alliance Actions

Construct Oni Wonder - 15/18 actions - 150/150 resources

Oni

Free

-Army 5 - NW, NE - Merge with Army 2
-Army 5 - Split off x6 Builders - E, NE
-Army 4 - E - Build Road
-Army 2 - Move NE and merge with army 8
-Army 1 - Mole Workers have finished their tunnel and the army appears at the Steel City - Explore
-Emperor Midori leaves Mitsuran Capital and moves to the Takrian Capital - Diplomacy

Quest #5 - Turn 3 of 5 without attacking

Hiroki Item Roll - 6 - The Black Stone - When equipped to Shadowman, his teleportation improves by +1 hex and also has no limit on the number of units that can be teleported. Item is worthless to anyone else.

Paid

Ryokan Level 3 - Ronin cost to recruit and upkeep is halved rounding down.

Mage Training Schools - Level 2 - Unlocks Onmyodo - Hedge Mages may become Onmyodo at a cost of 15 resources per unit as free actions.

Onmyodo

M: 1
HP: 2
Attacks: 2
Atk: 3
Def: 3

Combat Mages - Mages trained in the ways of the Samurai to combine both sets of skills. Onmyodo have access to art of war and also count as mages, knowing all spells hedge mages would otherwise know.

Steel City Exploration: The Moles tunnel into the remains of the Dwarven Built Embassy that had been placed into the city, a former meeting place of the Eastern Alliance, now filled with dust and debris from many months of disuse. (Continued in Diplomacy Chat)

The City State of Mesania
Population: 50 Resources: 164, Order: 2
?? Slaves

Reinforced Chassis - Level 2 - Chariots 0/+1

Sharpened Scythes - Level 2 - Chariot dice explode on 8+ after the first

Build Shrine to Hermes - Mesanian units are +1 movement.

Harmost Trait - Speed of Hermes - In the first round of combat, units under Mesanian command are strikes first.

Ogres
Resources 86

Will return eventually…….

Zanzir
Population: 67 Resources: 242 Order: 1

• Construct City walls in Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire)​
  • Upgrade City Walls in Farming Settlement (Kerem’s Reach) to Lvl 2​
  • Recruit Archer in Kerem's Reach​

LoreMasters of Isis

Population: 12 Resources: 2 Order: 1

• Convert The Purple Palace into University of Isis​

Research lvl 2: Amanitore Researches Mysterious Book- Gains a list of spells that as a free action can perform once a turn. Altered Weather- Gives all enemy troops in the square of one of your settlements -1/-1 and negates Act First

Speed Boost- Using the wind, give all your troops +1 Movement

Undead Revolution: Any troops that die in combat with your troops, are raised as an undead Soldier.

Regalia
Population: 68 Resources: 101 Order: 1

Imperium's Actions
~ Research > Archon of the Imperium > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > The Imperium gains one final additional action point.
~ Research > Imperial Education > Tier 2 > 1 of 1 > Both Regalia and the Imperium itself gains the bonuses from the Imperial University

Regalia's Actions
~ Research > Imperial Education > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Building Unlocked: Imperial University ~ The new centre of learning and research, the Imperial University is open to the best and brightest throughout the Imperium, bringing the greatest minds throughout the Imperium together in order to bring about an intellectual renaissance not seen since the downfall of the Old World. [GM: Allows for special units with Research bonuses to be absorbed into the Imperial University, making the bonuses of the units into the bonuses of the Imperial University, and they are then shared with all members of the Imperium. Both Regalia and the Imperium itself benefit from all bonuses. Other bonuses may be retained by the Imperial University, if they can still be applicable.]
~ Build > Capital > Imperial University > 1 of 1
~ Research > Imperial Trading > Tier 2 > 1 of 1 > Regalia gains +2 additional resources for each trade deal.

The man returns to Sparda with the Goods that he was set about to acquire. “I have what was tasked of me.” (Continued in Diplomacy chat)

Gain 60 Resources in Gifts from Vassals

Army 4 Explore the Tower- Omega Tower: In the Frozen North lies a towering structure that seems to radiate magical energies. Strange runes can be seen on the Tower. Once there had been an active field of purple energy, blocking the path. It is active no more. Inside the Tower a grand Banquet table seems to be set. Beyond it, from what can be seen in the opening, lay a large room filled with various statues. At the other end of the Banquet hall are stairs leading further up the Tower. (Continued in Diplomacy)

Takrian Republic
Population: 70 Resources: 183 Order: 1

Action 1 used to upgrade advancement: Marksmanship training to level 2 [Added effect: archer units now prioritize targeting leaders and heroes, in that order]
Action 2 used to upgrade advancement: Resource extraction to level 3 (turn 2 of 2) [Added effect: +1 to resource bonus]
Action 3 used to recruit two legionaries in Safeguard
Free actions:
All units teleport from Toulais to Takria. 4 legionaries, 3 archers and 2 cataphracts join army 3 in Safeguard, remaining units move to Karaz-A-Karak.
Build a road in Karak Azul
President Kuadi uses hero's welcome to give commendation to a returning legionary unit

The Legionary Unit becomes a Hero Unit:

Zarak-Hai
HP 3
Attack 2
Atk 2
Def 2
Indomitable Spirit: Fighting Hard on the Front Line gives Zarak-Hai a +1 HP. Should he fall in battle, his fellows take up their arms in his name. Reforms as Legionary unit if this hero unit dies.

Mitsura
Population: 77 Resources: 189 Order: 2

Recruitment

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Population: 44 Resources: 71 Order: 1

1. Complete Upgrade Gerudo Valley (Farming)
2. Upgrade Rootlane (Standard)
Action 3. Advancement: Architect's Fervor- Inspired to turn the Amalgam's Settlements into monoliths to withstand the eons, the Grand Architect endeavors to find new building techniques to expedite his great project.

The Order of Kerem
Population: 41 Resources: 32 Order: 1

Alliance Bank Resources: 321

A mass uprising of underground Messanian and surviving Eovians cause damage to the Royal Treasury and seize the unguarded Western settlement. A message is sent out with a man that was left alive. "Our Rampage through your lands will be legendary. You cannot stop us, with your weak and pathetic Armies."

Last edited:
HISTORY WILL REMEMBER ALEXIAN'S FAILED EGO
Complete Devastation...

samurai-japan-army-katana-artwork-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

• wp7077902.jpg
    Midori sent a batch of letters to each of the leaders within the alliance, sharing his recent meeting with the Archon of the Imperium.

To the Great Leaders of the Alliance

It is with great sadness I must tell you of a recent meeting with the Archon of the Imperium. During my first meeting with him I felt respect for the man but after this, it is clear he only wishes to see the entirety of the continent under the boot of his Imperium.

I told him that the actions of Princess Amanitore are a declaration of war against the entirety of the Alliance but if she were to return the settlement, we would forgive it. I went as far to offer to pay to resettle her and her followers in Imperium lands but the Archon declined. This is why I now write to you.

The next course of action is simple, we must rid the land bridge of all signs of the Imperium. Currently my own armies are examining the remains of the Drakenguard settlement taken by the Ogres and attempting to secure the steel city. As such, I propose we let loose the Mesanians. Move on the Takrian settlement on the borders of Zanzir and burn it to the ground. If you find any delegates or people of importance, ensure their safe capture.

For Zanzir, I propose you move quickly against the usurper. I have been told that the Imperium are able to move over great distances in an instant so if you and Mesania attack your target simultaneously then they will not be able to bring the full might of their army to bear against either of you.

To the others, build your armies. My hope is to see the Imperium agree to peace once we have reclaimed Zanzir's rightful lands, especially if we can detain some of their more important individuals. That being said, if they do wish to continue a full blown war, we will be ready.

I wish you all well in the coming months but unfortunately it is time to let loose the dogs of war.

Yours faithfully

Emperor Midori

Last edited:
Zanzir

“I wish you all well in the coming months, but unfortunately it is time to let loose the dogs of war.” Tut finished reading the missive aloud and then returned to his seat at the war table. The others at the table seemed to be in agreement with the contents of the letter, except for the King. “Is something to your disliking cousin?” The Master of Coin asked. All heads turned to look to the King and there was a brief pause among the small council.

Then he spoke. “It seems to me that both of these Emperors desire only war. Midori announces his recruitment of the Mesanian horde to the cause and the Order of Kerem will likely fund any and all choices made by the other two in order to ensure their success.” Tenebrous wore a downcast expression and his face was partially covered by shadow as his head hung low. “The fighting will not end with the traitor’s defeat and that is what I have feared all this time. The continent will be soaked in blood.”

A week later…

“Very good! Keep up the pace everyone and the work will be done on schedule!” Solomon, like so many others, had been a slave owner so to stand here and speak so kindly to employees was a little awkward. He was told to be encouraging and supportive of their hard work, but honestly he preferred the fear of punishment as a type of encouragement.

“Lord Solomon.” Called a low and tranquil voice from behind the Master of War. When he turned around he saw a stranger who once he had the man’s attention, shoved an envelope into Solomon’s hands and then hurried away. “What in Kerem’s name was that?” He questioned out loud as he watched the man speed off. Quickly he opened the letter, curious as to who it could be from. Pulling the page from its packaging he read the first line to himself. “Greetings, Dear Cousin.”

Chills traveled down Solomon’s spine and he quickly started to look around the work site. Amanitore had written to him, but how had a messenger if the enemy made it into Sun’s Spire, and what did she want from him. Clumsily he rushed to the foreman’s tent and read the letter to himself.

Moments later he emerged with the look of a man burdened with the weight of the world.

End of the month…

In the new capital of Kerem’s Reach a public mass was held in the city center with the King and a majority of his Master of Coin in attendance. Voices rose up to the heavens as the people spoke their prayers in unison. Tenebrous watched from his raised platform, seated beside a priest of the Kerem and his cousin on the other side of him.

“The current state of the world is far from ideal!” The priest’s voice cried out over the roaring crowds of people. “But the One God has prepared the desert nations for these troubling times! If The Order and Zanzir can survive the harshest deserts then we can survive the bloodiest war!” He threw his hands up and as if a signal, the crowd erupted in cheers with people throwing their hands about and calling out Kerem’s name.

“The Two have been unified! The children of Kerem are empowered by each other! That will win us this war! That will put the traitors in their places!” The roars of the crowd had become so loud that Tenebrous could feel their voices in his bones. He turned his head away in annoyance and looked at Tut. Giving the man a look that said something was not right.

“Is everything okay cousin?” Tut asked as he watched the King rise from his seat. Then suddenly the crowds fell silent and Soldiers could be seen racing to the platform as the King began to seize. “Tenebrous!” The Priest cried out before he raced to the King’s aid.

“Get a physician!” Tut commanded to any and everyone under the sound of his voice.​

Actions:
  • Recruit Ship unit in Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire)
  • Upgrade City Walls in Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire) to Lvl 2
  • Recruit Archer in Capital (Kerem’s Reach)

Free Actions:
  • Solomon unlocks the gates of Sun’s Spire

Diplomacy & Treaties:
  • Member of The Great Embassy

Stats:

Black Market Items:

• Bow of the Ages: Costs 7 Res
    • Strength: Powerful Blow: Deals 1 extra damage
    • Weakness: Unwieldy: The powerful attack makes it difficult to use. -2/0
  • Gauntlets of Strength: Costs 10res
    • Strength: +1 Extra Damage
    • Weakness: -1 HP
  • False eye of the Prophet: Sold!
    • Strength: At the beginning of battle, roll a d6. Gain that many Fanatics.
    • Weakness: None
  • Golem Armor: Sold!
    • Strength: +1 HP
    • Weakness: -1 Movement
  • Helmet of Mana: Sold!
    • Strength: Attack spells deal an extra 2 Damage
  • Sword of Isis Strength: Sold!
    • +2/0 Strength: If wielder is killed, survives on 1 HP instead after the killer finishes all their attacks.
  • Cape of The Infinite: Sold!
    • Strength: Roll a d10 before battle
      • 1: 0/+1
      • 2-3: +1/+1
      • 4-5: +1/+2
      • 6-7: +2/+2
      • 8-9: +2/+3
      • 10: +3 HP, +1 Attack
    • Weakness: On a 1-5 gains attack last
  • Circlet of Glory: Sold!
    • Strength- +3/0
    • Weakness- -1 Order if battle is lost
  • Ring of Fury: Sold!
    • Strength: +1 Attack, +1/0
    • Weakness: 0/-2
  • Horn Of Summoning: Sold!
    • Strength: Summons 1d4 Sand Giants at the beginning of battle
    • Weakness: When used, the summoner and acts last in combat
  • Helmet of Overconfidence 10 Res
    • Strength: The wearer gains +1/+1
    • Weakness: Always hit on an 8+, no matter the normal hit chance
  • Silver Plated Armor: Sold!
    • Strength: +1 HP and 8+ save
    • Weakness: Goes 1 step back in the inviative order
  • Heart of Zanzir
    • Strength: +2 Damage when Zanzarian Troops are fighting with your army
    • Weakness: -2 HP if Fighting against Zanzarian Troops
Cities
  • Sun’s Spire (Standard)
  • Kerem’s Reach (Capital)
    • Palace
    • City Walls = 0/+1 to defending troops
    • 0/+2 to defending units
    • Black Market

Total Income: + 57 per Turn
  • Base +2
  • Sun’s Spire +2res
  • Kerem’s Reach +2res
  • Great Embassy Trade +50
  • (1) Secret Trade Deals +1res
Expenses:
  • Construction -6 Resources
  • Recruitment - 6 Resources
Treasury:
  • Balance: 242 - 12 = 230
  • Next Turn: 230 + 57 = 287
Military:
  • Army 1
    • 1x Spy
  • Army 2
    • 4x Infantry
    • 1x Giroj Class Jumper
    • 1x Xiron Class Beast
    • 1x Archer

Loremasters of Isis

“Greetings. Dear Cousin.” Amanitore began as she dictated the contents of the letter to her personal scribe. “I am glad to hear that you are alive and well, but disappointed that you did not return to the Order of Isis as everyone has done. It saddens me to think that my brother might have broken the spirit of the Champion of Zanzir and reduced you to nothing more than a guard dog for border towns. I insist you return to the Order and take your place as one of its leaders, live up to your potential in an organization that needs you and would support you. Tenebrous has sided with foreigners who have trampled not only our territory, but also our armies. The Order’s armies need a general and all you need do to secure the position..”

Amanitore paused and looked at the scribe, who looked back at her with a confused expression. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m thinking.” The two shared a brief chuckle as the High Priestess wandered away.”We will return to this later.” She promised the scribe. With a nod of her head the woman took her leave and Amanitore let out a heavy sigh.

When the doors were opened however, she caught the sound of laughter coming and joyous tones coming from the students of the university. It quickly settled in that she was making progress towards her goals and that brought a smile to her face. Amanitore quickly raced out her office after the scribe, panting heavily as she hurried through the corridors. “The gates! Tell him to open the gates!” She hollered when the other woman came into view.

In the city below the University, shops were celebrating their grand opening and businesses across the city were starting to see a rise in sales. Raven’s Heart was coming alive again and everyone was happy about that.

New Week…

With her mind made up Amanitore prepared for her next steps, which she believed would be a very simple task. Her undead units had been properly armed and her witches readied themselves mentally for an encounter. All the while the city also prepared for the worse.

At the head of the army, Amanitore raised her staff and pointed it westward. “Forward march!” She commanded her soldiers.

End of the month…

With the High Priestess gone the Stewards of Isis took it upon themselves to act in her best interest. And there was no other way to secure her success than to use magic. “A ritual had been arranged with all the necessary items gathered to focus their intent. “Is it ready?” An elderly woman asked.

“Yes, haven’t you done this before you hag?”Spat back a younger woman who had just taken her place along the outside of the sigil. The older woman was shocked by her comment and quickly hurried away from the youthful witch.

“Enough you two, focus on the task at hand.” A middle aged woman insisted.

Then came a man’s voice. “Yes, if we are to kill a king miles away then it will require great focus.”

The room was filled with things that once belonged to the King, from his hair brush to his favorite bed sheet and a giant sigil had been painted on the ground.

“Let’s get the show started already!” A young boy insisted as he grabbed the hands of the two spellcasters closest to him. “By the wrath of Isis, undo this man!” The boy started.

The others joined hands as well and joined in the chanting. “Strike down Tenebrous Elesham where he stands!” The sigils and markings around the room started to glow a dark, sinister purple color as the casters’ powers merged together. “His death our reward and his soul is yours, bring his false dynasty to an end!” An explosion at the center of the group threw them all flying back, breaking their circle and shattering their sigil. The University shook for a brief moment and then all was quiet.​

Actions:
  • Move Army 1 West and attack Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire)
  • Amanitore casts Speed boost on Army 1\
  • Enlist Dwarven Refugees

Stats:

Cities:
  • Raven’s Heart (capital)
    • University of Isis
    • All Father Temple

Total Income: +22 Resources per Turn
  • Base: +2
  • (5)Imperium Trade Deals: +10
  • Kerem Trade Deal: +10
Expenses:
  • Dwarf fees: -20
Treasury:
  • Balance: 22
  • Next Turn: 24 Resources
Military:
  • Army 1
    • High Priestess Amanitore
    • 2x Sand Devils
    • 1x Undead Soldiers
    • 1x Dark Witches

Last edited:
Takrian Republic

All first army units are to return to Safeguard immediately through the draconic teleportation network. Prepare for immediate hostile contact, the city is currently under attack. ~ a military dispatch
Cities:
Raven's Heart refugee camp; +1 resources +1 population
Ru-Ten refugee camp; +1 resources +1 population
Safeguard: standard settlement lvl 2; +8 resources +3 population
Karak Azgaraz: standard settlement; +7 resources +2 population
Karaz-A-Karak: capital; +7 resources, +2 population
Karak Bhufdar: standard settlement; +7 resources +2 population
Karak Azul: standard settlement; +7 resources +2 population
Policies and advancements:
Unknown horizons: Being a colonization mission sent to an unknown planet, the crew of Unity was trained in handling the dangers of unknown territory. Exploration a tile is more likely to yield a favourable outcome. [policy]
Resource extraction: Intensified prospecting and advanced mining techniques lead to more efficient utilization of mineral wealth. All settlements gain +3 resource income. [advancement; lvl 3]
Military reserve corps: Takrian military, aside from its active service branch, also operates a reserve force. Those are troops trained for combat, but not on constant deployment. Whenever combat takes place or a settlement is attacked in takrian territory, the settlement spawns Xd3 legionary and archer units, with X being the level of the settlement. Reserve troops disappear when the threat is over. [advancement; lvl 2]
Marksmanship training: Though mostly used to shower enemy troops in a hail of arrows, takrian archers are additionally trained in individual marksmanship, serving as a makeshift replacement to snipers of Nazgir in eliminating high value targets. Archers gain +2 attack when targeting leaders and heroes, and prioritise hitting those targets. [advancement; lvl 2]
Organized resistance: In an event where takrian territory comes under occupation, the government takes precautions to ensure occupying forces will not be able to use their resources to further their goals. Some of the military and civilian officials hide among the populace, and establish basic structures of an underground state, ensuring that the resistance is never smothered and always has open avenues of development. Takrian resistance does not dissipate over time. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground contact network: Even though the government itself might be in exile, it nonetheless maintains contact with the resistance back home, the two entities coordinating their actions and supporting eachother whenever necessary. All income or resources lost to takrian resistance activity is directly translated into income for the government in exile. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground education: Even under occupation, the takrian people take effort to preserve their society and culture. Takrian resistance cannot be suppressed or destroyed by manipulating culture or education, including attempts at resettling population. [advancement; lvl 1]
Specialist integration: Wherever takrians are allowed to establish a refugee camp, workers specialized in various fields not busy in the camp itself are loaned to the host settlement, bringing with them unique expertise and abilities. Nations hosting takrian refugee camps are affected by one takrian advancement or national strength of their choice. [advancement; lvl 1]
Refugee police: One of the first things taken care of when establishing refugee camps is restoring some semblance of a police force, to keep the refugees safe and ensure the daily life in the settlement is not negatively affected. Add 1 to all unrest rolls caused by takrian refugee camps. [advancement; lvl 1]
Units:
Army 1: Hoodoo the Crusher, 3 bandit warlords, 2 legionaries, 2 archers, 1 cataphract
Army 3: 8 legionaries, 3 archers, 2 cataphracts, Zarak-Hai, President Nirki-Zuk Kuadi
Resources:
Starting: 183
Settlement income: +38 (8 lost due to siege)
Trade total (Zanzir, Regalia, Ru-Ten, Gecklicko, Toulais, Draken Guard, Kerem): +23
Unit recruitment: -12
Mercenary recruitment: -80
Mercenary wages: -20
Final: 124
Population:
Starting: 70
Growth: +11
Unit recruitment: -4
Final: 70 [at capacity]
Movement:
Army 1 joins combat after teleport
Actions:
Action 1 used to hire mercenaries to army 1: 10 takrian avengers
Action 2 used to recruit two archers in Karaz-A-Karak
Action 3 used to recruit two legionaries in Karaz-A-Karak
Free actions:
Army 1 teleports to Safeguard
President Kuadi uses remember our fallen homeland

Turn 20:

The sound of hammer on anvil echoed through the capital. The golem had once again begun its work. It was with purpose that he struck and thus the metal began to sing. The foreign sound intrigued the hoshi.

“It is a strange sound, but beautiful in its own way.” The Green Petal said to nobody in particular, or perhaps the Great One. “I wonder sometimes. All these protections we have set up, will they be enough? I dream sometimes of fire raining from the skies and of machines cutting down the trees.”

The Green petal looked up, but the Kaminoki remained silent. “I wonder, is that what you fear when you think of the future? This world is changing, but you have been around for so long that it has become difficult to adapt. Is that why you make us?”

There was no response.

“Do you still dream, I wonder?”

The vast mind of the Kaminoki reached out.

“I do”

An endless forest running from coast to coast, meticulously planned to grow for centuries without complications. The return of wildlife that had disappeared from these lands. An abundance of life under the watchful eye of a quiet guardian.

The Green Petal returned to itself, a smile on its face, the vision lingering in its mind.

“Perhaps my dreams will turn less dark, thank you my friend.” It said as it slowly leaned back against the bark of the world tree. The song of iron quickly bringing the gentle darkness of sleep.

Actions turn 20:

Movement: free movement only (Natural woodsmen strength gives double movement on jungle tiles)

Attach army 3 to Oni army 1

Free actions:

Army 3 follows Oni leadership and head their orders

Actions:

Advancement: armour, -3 resources: Troop yari units have +0/+1

Advancement: steel spear tips, -3 resources: Troop yari units have +1/+0

Advancement: quick advance, -3 resources: Troop Yari units have first strike

Continuing processes:

Complete: Inventor Hekron creates a new invention 3/3 (4 -1 for the Inventor’s Workshop advancement)

Current policy: Growing Niwashi caste: When recruiting a niwashi a second niwashi can be recruited for 8 resources

Tables

Income Resources this turn Resources expenses this turn Resources next turn Population this turn Population next turn Population expenses
Settlements +8 - +8 +16 +16 -
Trade +6 - +18 - - -
Other -9 - - - -
Overall 189 -9 206 77 93 -

Weaknesses Effects Location
Sunlight Units in deserts or snow tiles have -1/-1, +2 to fire weakness Empire wide
Sub-Kaminoki trees If a Kaminoki tree is destroyed, all units in that tile and surrounding tiles lose the bonus they receive from Strong Magics. Those not under the affect of the tree have a -1/0 Empire wide

Bonuses Effects Location
Natural Woodsmen Double movement for units on forest or swamp tiles +0/+1 while in forest Empire wide
Population Growth Population growth +2, Max pop +5 Empire wide
Strong Nature magics Units have +1/+1 in settlements Empire wide
The Inventor’s workshop While residing in its workshop Inventor Hekron creates and invention in 3 turns instead of 4. Seicho
Forrest Irrigation 2 when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in two turns less than the required 4. Empire wide
Tomb of Growth 3 Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 1:2 Empire wide
Blood Pits +1 order and the Kaminoki is empowered by blood sacrifice (up to gm’s discretion) Seicho
Poisoned weaponry Yari and Ite troops have +1/+0 Empire wide
Place of exchange Enables trade Empire wide
Dangerous Flora I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Dangerous fauna I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Insect and Arachnid Pheromone Control Whenever a Mitsuran army fights in a forest tile, before the battle starts, great insect swarms harass the lines of the enemy. Three random enemy units lose attack first, or if they didn’t have it, gain attack last. Heroes and Leader units are unaffected. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Fog of dreams -1 movement for enemies on swamp or forest tiles All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Guerrilla Warfare Friendly units on forest or swamp tiles are stealthed. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Hall of the Niwashi Recruiting new Niwashi only costs 1 action Seicho
Specialized Warrior Breeding pods When recruiting 1 Yari troop unit recruit 2 instead. The second is 3 resources. Seicho
Specialized Warrior Diet Yari Troop units get +0/+1. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Mist makers Yari Units a 9+ save while in the forests and swamps. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Spore growth decreases Seedlings on Asphodel to 6-10 Range and ups it to 2 Seedlings per success. Applies only to Asphodel
Hidden roads Enemy units cannot use roads within Mitsura. The hidden roads of Mitsura grow beneath one’s feet only when one holds no ill intention towards the nation. Empire wide
Budding Warriors Every turn, 1d3 Budding warriors are birthed from pods within a Mitsuran settlement Mitsuran settlement of choice
Heron Invention- Special Fertilizers- Seedinglings grow on a 4+ Applies only to Asphodel
Wonder: World Tree The south eastern lake is drained and turned into forest to feed the world tree. If a forest tile is burned down it regrows in 2 turns All forest tiles are level 1 military settlements Empire wide

The locations of the armies are filled in after the moves of this turn have been completed

Army Units Location Stance
Army 1
  • Hero unit Borage
  • Elite unit Niwashi
3 tiles east of capital Defend
Army 2 Elite Niwashi Unit 2 tiles west of capital Explorers
Army 3
  • 6x Troop Yari
  • Troop Ite
  • Hero unit Large Wolf
  • Troop Flaming Shrubbery
Attached to Oni army Follow orders
Army 5
  • Hero unit Hekron
  • Hero unit the Golem
  • 5x Budding Warriors
  • 6 troop yari units
Capital Specialist tasks
Army 8
  • Hero unit Asphodel
  • 2 vehicles of unholy fire
  • 2 troop seedling units
Asphodel Static, level 2 military settlement unit

Gear Effect Unit
Helmet of Mana Strength: Attack spells deal an extra 2 Damage Weakness: -1 HP Iemitsu
Sword of Isis +2/0 Strength: If wielder is killed, survives on 1 HP instead after the killer finishes all their attacks. Weakness: None
Cape of infinite strength Strength: Roll a d10 before battle 1: 0/+1 2-3: +1/+1 4-5: +1/+2 6-7: +2/+2 8-9: +2/+3 10: +3 HP, +1 Attack Weakness: On a 1-5 gains attack last

The West Declares War Against the Imperium
~ 8th Quarter, 51AC ~

1628987100407.jpeg

• Alexian rushes into the Room of Mirrors in the Palace, summoned by Geleon as a matter of upmost urgency. Alexian was in the middle of dinner with Nyria when he was summoned, and he is not too pleased to cut his time with her short due to 'urgent matters.' The Marshal's messenger was most insistent that the Archon go to the Room of Mirrors immediately.

Walking into the Room of Mirrors, it is as the name suggests, a large circular room with the walls lined with mirrors. These mirrors are enchanted, of course, and form the basis for Regalia's communications system through Astro Projection. While Regalia may be the only nation to currently have something of this kind, in the years to come many more will gain this gift, and instantaneous communication across the Imperium will become a common sight. The Imperium has still got a long way to go yet, but it could happen within Alexian's lifetime, barring catastrophy.

Within the Room of Mirrors is Geleon standing before a projection of Sparda. The two were quiet as Alexian walked in, likely waiting for the Archon to arrive.

"Alright, I am here." Alexian announces, though of course the other two knew that, while adding with a haunty tone, "What is so important as to require my attention so immediately?"

"We are about to be attacked, Your Illuminance." Sparda tells him, cutting straight to the point. "I received a vision of an upcoming attack. The vision showed myself in battle against Mesanian forces, in the city of Sanctuary."

"A vision?" Geleon mentions, giving a confused frown.

"We do not have the time for me to explain, Marshal. Let it suffice for me to say I received an early warning, and I sent out scouts soon after to confirm it. And they did. Sanctuary will be attacked by a Mesanian army within days." Sparda tells them, "I doing all I can to bolster the city's defences, and working with our vassals to coordinate a defence."

There was a reason why Alexian sent Sparda to Sanctuary, along with Regalia's strongest army. He expected an attack, just not one so soon, which bodes ill for Regalia. Still, with this attack, the pretence of the Oni as being a peaceful nation has finally slipped away.

"Geleon, send an emergency broadcast. Gather all our forces for the defence of Sanctuary." Alexian tells him, "And I will take to the battlefield myself."

"I will await your arrival, Your Illuminance." Sparda bows, "But please hurry. This Mesanian aggression is meant to be a surprise attack. They will not wait."

With that, Sparda's apparition vanished, leaving both Geleon and Alexian alone.

"I told you." Geleon grumbles, "I told you we should have attacked them first. We would have all of Zanzir under our thumb right now if you had listened to me."

"And we would have united all of the Western Alliance against us." Alexian countered Geleon, "We are fighting a defensive war now, and no one will be able to deny it. There are many in the Western Alliance that speak of peace. Now will be the time for them to demonstrate those principles, if they truly hold them."

"Do you truly believe that?" Geleon asks derisively, "Alexian, their talk of peace is ant shit, its all ant shit, and we all know it. What do you truly expect to happen in the coming months? That the Mitsurans will turn on the Oni and the Mesanians, because of their supposed principles of peace? That the Order of Kerem will stay out of the war because you have a piece of parchment that tells you they will?"

"There is more to war than simply armies and battles, Geleon. We have to fight on all theatres, both in words and armies." Alexian returns to the Marshal, before adding coldly, "And remember for whom you are speaking."

"I do remember, Alexian. I know perfectly well for whom I am speaking." Geleon returned, growing angry, "You were my Commander before you become Primus, and you are proving yourself just naive now as you were back then, with this ridiculous war of words you wage against the Western Alliance. They are not bound by our principles, nor do they share our morals. They are allied with Mesania, a country ruled by literal marauding slavers. How any of them can stand the stench of the Mesanians, I do not know. But pointing this out to the Westerners will do little more than waste your breath. They have chosen a side, and it was not ours."

"Enough, Geleon." Alexian barks, "Your objections have been noted. Now I will not hear another word about this. You have your orders. You are dismissed."

The Marshal can only give the Archon an angry stare, but the Marshal can do little more than simply turn and leave. While the Archon may think his word games to be clever, Geleon can only see them as a waste of time and energy. It is no secret for what the Imperium stands for. The total elimination of the Demonic threat. To Geleon's mind, if they are not with the Imperium, then surely they must be against it. The Oni, and all that stand with them, are the enemies of the Imperium in one capacity or another. This is clear to Geleon. But Alexian is the Archon. There is little more Geleon can do than voice his objections, and hope that something will eventually get through. For as long as Geleon is allowed to voice them, at least.

Last edited:
The followers of the universe itself;

The Order of Kerem;

The Capital

A few months after the invasion.

A lone figure was wandering the halls of some sort of…. place. It was unclear of just what this place was, other than the fact that the very hall itself was not only long, but decorated with what appeared to be relics and symbols on the wall as well candles dimly lighting the way from the end and back. The features of the figure itself couldn’t be made, for they had worn a black colored cloak that covered every ounce of skin upon their body as well as the shadows from the dim light not being enough to remove the darkness from his cloak. The man continued down in a uneasy quietness… it has been so long after all. It was only some months, but it had gone by quick for them. He could remember it like yesterday.

Figures clad in bronze steel armor and white cloth holding the line, a seemingly endless horde of invaders, Euovians, they were called. They were considered many things, the true Mesanians by some, invaders by others, but they could only call them ‘heretics’ and ‘traitors’ to their very alliance. A alliance started not too long ago that had United the grand western powers to create a prosperous and powerful group. The Grand Embassy it was called… created by the samurai of the mountains, honorable warriors who seek to bring forth a new order to the world and create a everlasting nation that will last forevermore.

It was a grand idea, one that even their people had doubts about… yet, it appears that they have some truth to it. Nonetheless, they weren’t the only ones here. The Imperium…. enemy of the Embassy, trading partners to their people. It was agreed upon some months ago to establish trade with one another, after all, everyone and every nation must prosper, and considering their strive to remain neutral during the wars, and at most, aid in creating new technologies as well as provide economic aid to allies in the Embassy. They thought they would have remained at peace while others have gone to war… yet, it appeared that fate has other ideas.

Traitors…. the same one that had sacked their Capital and not only killed many of their finest, but the Councilman of the Art of War as well, who died valiantly alongside his brother to aid with the evacuation of the city and even put their lives on the line for common soldiers. They may have been fools of their own right, yet, they had fought for a noble cause… they didn’t deserve the fate that was handed out to them. Afterwards, with the aid of the TRUE Mesanians, they had recaptured their Capital, although that victory didn’t felt finished, accomplished. People were still unsatisfied of the results, they were still hungry for more, hungry for a better change, hungry for revenge. Revenge of annihilating and destroying the very people that had done the same to their own, those who had enslaved and killed without mercy. They wish to bring the same pain that was enacted upon themselves to their foes.

Still, even then, the false Mesanian presence is still apparent here, with recent reports of the raiding of their vault and destruction of their hard earned wealth, as well as reports of dead Footsoldiers and missing patrols throughout the city. They may have gotten rid of the initial swarm, but they still haven’t dealt with the stragglers. Even worse, contact with one of their Settlements was lost, along with a letter threatening their very people. It was…

The figure had stop thinking, for he had already stopped at the end of the hall. A large door that was almost the width and height of the hallway was in front of him, along with two other cloaked figures nearby. They however, worse a white cloth, along with more apparent signs of armor… decorated in the color of gold and engraved with symbols and words they shall only understand. Both armed with a pair of scimitars, as well as wearing a golden mask that seemed to imitate that of a human face. The two figures had already acknowledged the presence of the cloaked figure before them, before speaking in a strange tongue.

“Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth….”

The cloaked man spent no spare second answering back in return.

“ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh”

The Guards appeared satisfied with answer, as they then turned to face the door, before, with some effort, had pushed it open. The Cloaked figure went ahead and into the room… and it appears it was in use already. The room was decorated with statues of seemingly ancient warriors as well more candles and symbols, although, some of which appeared to be painted with a variety of paints, as well as others being carved. In the middle of the room, however…. Was a different sight. A series of cloaked figures were kneeling, praying in a strange chant in a circle like formation. Inside the circle, a series of symbols lined the floor, seemingly glowing.

The cloaked figure merely smiled inwardly at the sight, before moving ahead to take his place, but not amongst the circle. He had stopped just outside, before putting down their cloak, and one’s identity was revealed. A bald figure with symbols scarred into his face and forehead, his skin a pale white, unnatural for those of the desert region. Yet, the figures praying had stopped their chanting, as if the man’s presence was enough. The man had looked around, before speaking aloud.

“Brothers and sisters, friends and family, we have gathered here today…. For one purpose in mind. Our very world is changing, and our idea of peace and remaining neutral is seemingly disappearing each day. What do I mean by this? Take a look around you…. take a grasp of the state of our very continent. Pain… misery…. death… and it is a result of all of us, every nation upon this very land had contributed in some way to this. Even us ourselves are not free from this… take in account the very invasion on our capital those months ago.”

The man had stopped speaking, now walking around behind the cloaked figures, letting them take in the very info and think of it their way, before continuing.

“And worse… the greatest war this world may have seen is inevitable, conflicts between the Grand Embassy and the Imperium have arisen, and I have no doubt that they may as well be fighting and inflicting the very same pain that those of the past have suffered. Yet, would this be a route all of us would go down to? To fight and kill each other in a endless circle that never seems to end. No, we need to find a end to this madness. Bring peace back to the very continent. A world where all can live without fear of being attacked by your very neighbors… a world where all can prosper no matter their people, a world where fighting is no longer required. And with recent information regarding that of the past,,, a world unlike our own, one far more advance than we shall ever be in a hundred years. We shall bring this new peace, using not only the efforts and combining magic and technology… but also…”

The man had stopped, before looking at the very symbols decorated on the ground itself.

“Bring forth a Avatar that will aid in enforcing this peace…. a Avatar that we are all considering a part of all… a Avatar… of Kerem itself.”

“The times are changing… a grand war is arising. Would be able to survive such a thing?”

Army make up:
Army 1;
- x1 Royal Guard
-x2 Giant Desert Isopod Herd
-x1 Footsoldier

Army 2;
-Adella / Hero Unit
-x1 Hunters
-x1 Tamed Lions
-x1 Javelin Warriors

Army 4;
-Brothers 3/Hero Unit
-x1 Footsoldier

Free Actions:

Paid Actions:
1/2 Lvl 2 Advancement: Militia training; +2 Militia units, making it 4 per settlement.

3. 1/3 Lvl 3 advancement: Militia Captain; Unlocks a unique Hero unit that is located only in the Capital. Stats are:

Name: Percivel, the sentinel
Unit Type: Hero
M: 0
Hp: 3
Attacks: 0
Atk: 0
Def: 8

Trait: Guardian; Adds +1 Hp to self as well as grants self 0/+4, unable to attack other units.

Trait: Militia reinforcements; Every turn in combat, roll 1d3, which determines the number of Militia units that join the battle.

Expenses;
Current resources: 32

Capital: +4
Farming Settlement: +6
Trade with Mesania: +12
Trade with Oni: +12
Trade with Zanzir: +12
Trade with Imperium: +60
Trade Routes benefit between settlements: +26

Per Turn: +132

Advancements cost: -6

End Result: 156 resources

As the Great Freeze Continues, so does Construction...
Ru-Ten flag 2.png
As weeks passed and the snow continued, the Grand Architect's construction works spread across the Amalgam. Pagon tried to focus on the boons such structures brought the people, but found he could hold back his woes no longer. Once more he sought her out, Tal-run. To his surprise, he quickly found that she refrained from her usual places of study. Not even those researching the Serfs had full context of where she was. Such lack of progress was annoying, but soon it became concerning.

He confronted Gurok with the suggestion that a leg of the Triumvirate had gone missing, only to be stunned by the revelation that of all people, HE knew her location.

As a result, by the time he made his way through the halls of the theater almost hidden amidst the expanding streets of the Capital, Pagon was far from happy.

The rising sound of plucking strings was the indication that he'd drawn closer, with other instruments joining in until a Ru-Ten Male's voice began singing in old Yonfield dialect.

Tal-Run stood before an assembly of Farmaestros, waving a stick around and conducting their performance with gestures as she swayed to their performance.

Farmaestros, an odd title given to farmers with an exceptionally potent hatred for Soilings. All Ru-Ten recognized their superiority to the common ground-locked plants, it was why most dined on their remains with such pride. But Farmaestros weren't satisfied with just force breeding the things and sending scores of their children to be devoured by the masses, no... they were farmers touched with inspiration.

A Farmaestro grew their instruments themselves, poking, prodding and forcing the soiling to bend into a suitable shape before killing it and putting on the finishing touches. As such, compared to traditional instruments the construct of every Farmaestros was notably unique. Like the singer, he was also operating a set of hardened multi-colored fruit shells which wrapped around his waist as he drummed upon them.

The stringed instruments of his fellow Farmaestros were twisted lengths of hollowed out soiling, its own roots dried and threaded into itself until it produced a pleasant melody when plucked.

And yet their synergy with such varied instruments was even more impressive. They followed every gesture of Tal-Run's hands perfectly, the music bending around her movements in a manner Pagon hadn't expected.

"I didn't know you knew how to conduct." he noted as approached her from behind.

"I didn't." she said without halting in her movements, the Farmaestros never breaking sync with her "But this heavy winter provides many opportunities for learning."

Pagon shook his head, "What of your research into the Serfs? I never would've thought you'd be the kind to leave your work in the hands of others."

"All that's required for them is trial runs, nothing my students couldn't handle." she said before looking back to him with a pout "And that's far too boring for an adventurous sort like me, friend."

She'd kept going, and soon lifted both arms simultaneously as more Farmaestros, who'd been waiting for that precise cue, joined in to continue building the crescendo. One of the string pluckers stepped forward and added her voice to the male's, harmonizing as the song entered its second half. Pagon had to speak louder as their vocals mixed with music and succeeded in overwhelming the entire building with sound.

"I've been trying to find you for weeks!" Pagon shouted "Do you have any idea what the Deadlock has caused?"

"I know more than most, brother!" Tal-Run laughed as she swayed with music, hands a flurry of motions.

"We have to stop it! The people keep getting whipped into a tizzy whenever those foreigners get to killing each other!" he stated "Its dangerous-!"

"Its out of our hand now," she shook her head with a laugh "I shan't change my position, so the people's voices shall be the determiner when the time comes."

"But what if it doesn't? Your lunatic of an Architect already has plans to capitalize on any stagnation the alliances find themselves in." Pagon looked to his hands in confusion "He's got some maddened notion that he can whip the people into some kind of self-obsessed delusion of grandeur!"

"A plan only one as inspired as he could follow through on!"

Pagon growled, "Why is he the Grand Architect in the first place?!? I met the fellow, and he seems stark raving mad!"

"No, brother, he's not mad. He's touched by the Aspect of Spirit!" Tal-Run declared as the music reached its climax "The most confusing Strength known to mortal minds for its implacability. The only thing able to surpass mind and body when completely outmaneuvered and overwhelmed. Spirit gives him the same inspiration that touches the brothers and sisters before you!"

She continued gesturing with the music as the Farmaestros as the music slowly began to die down, "It is an Aspect that preys on those who underestimate it."

"But what about that whole 'Inspiring the People's self assurance' thing?" Pagon asked as the music finally ended and Tal-Run turned to him "Its a fine and well notion, but with his fervor he might get them to see the Foreign forces with outright vitriol. I was concerned about devoting forces to one of the alliances, but risking conflict with both is even worst!"

"Have some faith in your people, Pagon." Tal-Run turned back to the Farmaestros, many of whom were either congratulating one another or looking over their instruments "They've developed quite a fine record of submitting themselves to all three aspects of strength."

With a flip of a small stick, Tal-Run gestured to the Farmaestros to begin the next song.

Settlements
Gerudo Valley (Lvl 2): Farming Settlement: +6 Resources

Recycling - Nothing is allowed to go to waste, anything from corpses to destroyed ruins are bounties of resources in the eyes of the Ru-Ten
Sirewood Defenses- Through use of the Vines assisting in the defense of all settlements, they gain 0/+2 except under the attack of The Flame. (Advancement lvl 1)
Photosynthesis Exploitation- The Capital gains an extra +1 Resources (Advancement lvl 3)
Streamlined Bentvine Training- For every Bentvine recruited, another can be recruited for no turn cost at an additional 50% resource cost. (Advancement lvl 2)
The Oaken League- A series of Gladiatorial Arenas set up across the Amalgam Settlements
Sirewood Serfs- Using Population, the Amalgam may construct Sirewood Serfs out of criminals. (Advancement lvl 1)
Architect's Fervor- Inspired to turn the Amalgam's Settlements into monoliths to withstand the eons, the Grand Architect endeavors to find new building techniques to expedite his great project.
Units
Vineyar Garrison-5 Bentvine Skirmisher, Veximus Triumphus the First, Galixo Prime
Gerudo Valley Garrison: Veximus Triumphus the First, 1 Sirewood Beast, 5 Bentvine Skirmisher

Movement
(N/A)
Actions
1. Upgrade Rootlane 2 of 3
2. Upgrade Yomus 1 of 5
3. Recruit 1 Oaken Gladiators for Rootlane Garrison

Free Actions

Resource Transactions
Balance: 71
+Income:
(Yomus 5) (Vineyar 4) (Gerudo Valley 6) (Rootlane 3) 18
-Expense:

Upgrade Rootlane (Standard) -5 Resources Turn 2 of 3
Upgrade Yomus to Lvl 3 (Capital) -5 Turn 1 of 5
Recruit Oaken Gladiators -3 Turn 1 of 2

New Resource Balance: 76

The Battle for the Takrian Capital Rages Onwards

TeQ3WS355z2V0Bg87INmJYRTNJ43Z-ls4SO-uZGQno0yT6rJ7MyPTXmiAc0i1n2AxnCbAjGjkxAOEeJfrP4Xap2LvN-kKNXLDvtHEsjFyfZctd1x6IbmvPHNYtFGCHYE1Ey18rM4

“This endless series of war is exhausting on the soul. How many more loved ones must we lose in far away lands?”- Regalian Citizen

“We hope that the cost of freedom from all this terror is not too high.” - Dwarven Soldier approaching the Zanzirian Capital

“Soon we will be free from persecution and be able to live freely.” - Isis Zanzarian

“What is happening? It’s chaos in the streets!” -Zanzarian Noble

“We’ll protect our allies. The Imperium protects its own.”- Tolouis Soldier before teleport to the Takrian Capital.

“Will we ever be free of these damnable Barbarians? They are the worst that this planet has to offer.” -Takrian citizen taking shelter in home

ujJVxHrtKy8Ztjp61wp7cRVLXOc_v7CNTPQZSpzf843FvNRpDi7JJccV7JUDVa8mJ60WgbOildsjZ0ayslDDpkCsdmgV11jB3a14c8vznL1lze12FA4QFs6ZWssCLLSDF_EwJojV

Dymaeran Remnant
Population: 46 Resources: 39 Order: 1

Lord Jadom approached the walls of the Zanzarian Capital. This was it. By helping the High Priestess, they would be able to leave the continent on boats and look for a new home. One that was far away from here, far away from strife. They would be able to find peace and be able to start anew. Their children would not have to shoulder the burden of dealing with the first of their kind, nor the petty squabbles that the Old Nobility and Families had possessed.

He thought of all the children that had experienced much more than just the mountains and the surrounding plains. How they would be seeing fresh skies and lands. How he would have to work extra hard to set up a better existence for them in this new land.

They would have a fresh start. In a land that they would discover. He had high hopes that soon, all their troubles would be far away from them.

Army 1 moves to Zanzarian Capital and follows Amanitore’s orders as per their agreement

Train 2 DRW
Advancement: Isis Smithy: Train Isis Armorers to forge equipment at a cost of 5 Resources. Roll d10 and gain an item that can either be equipped or sold.

Gaia’s Bracers
Strength: While in verdant land, gain +1 Damage
Weakness: If not in verdant land, receive +1 Damage

Boots of Nasis

Goliath’s Hammer

Army 1 (In Zanzar Capital): 2 Protectors, 5 Guards, Lord Jadom, 11 Dwarven Refugee Warriors, 4 Dwarven Refugees

5FY7NSF-GGA3PU1kmjHsZZtKSsavGZfp1ap5V6mMAkqjzVU3iSuXZmHeWiFwGeXaKJWEoaw4Yb1vnilFZclkDBlFYsA7U8L1Mt6uLswNnFkllHLAjtxKe1drr_X5XWJsrP_q2o40

Draken Guard
Population: 60 Resources: 96 Order: 1

War. These Grounders seem to love it, especially those in the West. King Rex had heard talks from those who had spoken with the Oni, and talked about those in their alliance. Supposedly they were all about creating lasting peace for all. But their actions speak far louder than their words as they have let their allies strike out at the Takrians, completely unprovoked.

It was both sad and sickening. How could someone speak such lies as of peace, and strike out at those who have only been so recently defending their lands. The thoughts bring a tear to his majestic eye.

At this point, it is quite clear that The Western Alliance is made up of warmongers that only masquerade with talk of peace. The Emperor's words were merely the honey trap that blinded one to the bite of their Messanian Attack dogs.

King Rex was disappointed as he had felt that perhaps he had found another Grounder that wished to help keep the Peace and Order that was necessary to be maintained. He knew that from this attack, that he would personally be on the front lines of this fight. If only to prove that he would maintain the peace at all costs.

Train 1 The Guardian at the Capital
Train 2 Dragoons at the Capital

Army 2(Takrian Capital): King Rex,Nymph, 2 Dragoons
Capital City Army: Xexis, 4 Dragoons, 2 Guardian

J79cQrEKLaztFQpB5YK9p4Bvf1VhMBEYik3e-lgot98PBB_kqcLWPsXqHQr802ZxAQbqEPObcsAnDPSAdQxwb6pbOqcXVv9tkwrs-WaKVEHC7Dzam4Og5k2TQoTe8IhOtEp1i-HG

Toulais
Population: 44 Resources: 86 Order: 2

Spymaster Marie-Claire Trudeau slowly took a sip of her fermented wine as she looked over the map. The attack on the Takrian Capital was unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. There was about a 5% chance that the Western Alliance was going to forgo all elements of negotiations and jump directly into war with the only power that could rival them. Perhaps she should have risen those odds, but based on all the data from her spies, it seemed the least likely course of action.

But no matter. She was the Spymaster for a reason. And was one that had many contingency plans in place, just in case one's first plans failed to bear any fruit.

In this case, she would cause the Messanians and their mercenary forces to pause. A celebration, one in fact of victory. A way to forestall any and all actions. Those in celebration would not attack and those outside would be unable to strike an unreadied foe.

-----------------------------------------------------

General Céline Delacroix was headed to the front lines via the teleportation network with the majority of the land troops of Toulais. It was their time now to hold the line and save their allies, the Takrians, just as the Takrians had so recently saved them from the Ogre ambush that threatened to annihilate their strong Capital.

She placed her sword at her side as she made sure that not a button nor thread was out of place on her uniform. The Messanians were a huge threat to the continent, let alone their country. She had heard horror stories from the Takrians that she had met. The endless cruelty and brutality of their foe. Not even the nobles of their pre revolutionary land acted in such an abysmal manner.

The General knew that she had to be ready for anything. She couldn’t let there be a breach of the land path into the Imperium on her watch. Rumors abound that the Oni already had a foothold in the south, but she would not let a path be through the desert as well.

Before she went through the teleporter, her mind went towards maintaining the safety of her homeland and their position within the Imperium.

--------------------------------------------

Argent knew that this was not going to be an easy task. The targets that she and her partner were assigned to capture were among the most powerful of the members of the Messanian army. Her only true consolation was that the Spymaster had made sure that each and every one of the Messanians would be caught in complete drunken deboughterie.

She thought back to her homeland. The sweet wines and crisp seafaring air. Her children playing in the streets and laughing. It was for them that she did this. To ensure that they would continue to have such a bright future.

She would keep the tyrants and the ruthless barbarians away from her home. No matter the cost.

Free Action from Marie-Claire Trudeau : Prevent Messanian Army in Takria from attacking or being attacked

Spies Capture Agathos and Minotaur during the revelry

Train 2 Warden Guarde in Capital
Train 4 Guarde

Capital( lvl 3) 2 Watercraft, 1 OBL, 12 Advanced Attack Boats, 2 Warden Guarde, 4 Guarde
Army 4: Army 2: General Céline Delacroix, 1 Archer, 6 Guarde, 2 Warden Guarde

pbWJOOa1qolVT1E00sygMdDZjjn8U4PqSv4oLsXtD0s-vwszC-vwYPxGdUnqxOugh7o9y-bZ6SNjRcNWlYf5hMaG3xFW5cLnJ7tc1PU5-goptMrRD8_EbK7HUnGR0ie5MOEeECMZ

The Gecklicko Realm
Population: 30 Resources: 17 Order: 1

Getta managed to fire the laser on his large mechanical monstrosity, taking out a large number of the enemy Messanians. It brought great joy to his body as his lips quivered into an ominous smile. He watched as their troops were laying waste to the invading Messanians.

It was about time, he thought. It was about time that someone put those marauding jerks in their place. And if he and Garli were the ones to be doing it? Why, that was all for the better than it was before.

He thought about these wonderful thoughts as they were literally crushing them underfoot with his glorious machine until he started to get warning sounds and flashing red lights.

Looking out on the field of battle again, he could see the human men wearing hats made of straw, with a glint of light as their metal blades started cutting through the Gecklicko metal men and the other soldiers that the Imperium had brought.

He started to feel his own machine fall and all went dark as he smacked his head into the side panel.

Train 4 Mechanical Troopers

Army 2 (In Takrian Capital): Getta, Garli (CAPTURED)
Army 4 (Capital) 2 Mechanical Troopers

The Remnant
Unknown

wuYl0EEUKy_99z8s2PpgjfqgZGPBHMBrR9cMz5A2KfwIki0MtTTGb3nn9Y7PdV_SgCs4iT5hZe0GL1Icl5Zn4nqAFnH0d-WtY7F6EhhGokQg80bAFAhoLq_UVvFF1htYaAJPXt8R

We are those that were lost.

We are those that were defeated.

We are those that were crushed underfoot.

We were those that were left behind.

We were those that were forgotten.

WE ARE THE REMNANT!

A group of figures huddled together in a tavern in what had once been an Order of Kerem Settlement. And before that, it had belonged to a group of tribesmen. Some of which even made up their number.

Many here were either upset with the path that the Order had gone down, or knew that the fastest way to take revenge upon The Grand Western Alliance was to eliminate their source of funds.

There were many different people here, many with different ideas of what to get out of the Remenant. But what united them was a hatred of those that had ignored or killed their people.

The Order of Kerem was to many of the Remnants, a prime target, no matter what their main cause was. And it was for that, that The Capital of The Order was ripe for picking. Among other locations.

La’Cesar pulled out a map and unfolded it upon the table. The hulking ogre nearby in full plate bronze armor shuffled around in his seat as the human pointed at a free key locations.

“Once we strike out at The Order Capital, I want you three….” The human pointed to the Ogre, the elf and the human in desert garb. “You three will start striking out at Oni settlements once we take it over.”

The man in glinting Bronze Armor laid back slightly in his seat. “I’ve heard rumors that we’ve caught the attention of the Oni and I want to see what they do before we spread ourselves too thin.”

“All I care about is when we are going to EAT!” The Armored Ogre bellowed.

“Yes, yes. You’ll get to eat your fill. Once we take the Capital.”

2 AA, Turn 20, Month 7
odCmn7m0QJCLQxLJ8bfCF8De6X4G4twORMw1mnUtafS8UfoOzasXaeRnq0qbIoS6b3mr0cOOj3Q7wDyc-ts4_yDDqs8F3H305AFc92oDXYNYz-fcFKjUBqQaQsI6XNd8v01rQztJ

The Oni
Population:170 (Max) Resources: 157 Order: 1

Alliance Actions

The Great Prison - Level 1 - A place to hold VIP POW's. Enemy characters defeated in combat can be sent to the Great Prison in the Oni capital. Those characters cannot take actions, their abilities and traits do not take work and they cannot leave until the capital is taken by enemy forces.

The Great Prison - Level 2 - For every character of a nation held, enemy nations are -1 to order. These penalties stack for alliances members.

Dr Mia's Cohorts - Level 1 - Allied actions benefit from Dr Mia's trait.

Oni

Free

Army 2 Teleport to Dragon Island and absorb army 7.
Army 5 - SE, SW

Recruit x2 Azeran Refugees and donate to Mesanian Army.

Give Silver Plated Armour to Mesania

Quest #5 - Turn 4 of 5 without attacking

Paid

Spell Masters - Level 1 - Damage spells inflict +1HP damage.

Tricks of the Trade Level 1 - Ronin and Strawhat's always count as stealthed.

Tricks of the Trade Level 2 - Ronin and Strawhat’s may re-roll failed saves.

Population: 50 Resources: 42, Order: 2
?? Slaves

Agora Roll: 10 - Build Military Settlement on Oni Builder Army 5

Rolling War Machine - Level 1 - For every twenty enemy units defeated, an army gets +1/+1 to all units. Remove the bonus if not in combat for three full turns.

The Minotaur of the Labyrinth - Level 1 - Experience of reaching into its bag of items has given it the power to pick the item it wants.

-

Change Policy - Staunch Fighters - When Mesania declare an attack against an enemy, the combat takes place immediately with whatever units were on the tile when the attack was declared.

Any units joining after the declaration do not attack this turn and any abilities or traits they have do not affect combat.

Messanians captured in battle the following units: Getta, Garli, Takrian President, Zarak, Sparda, Pelleas

Marie-Claire Trudeau : Prevent Messanian Army in Takria from attacking or being attacked

Spies Capture Agathos and Minotaur during the revelry

(90 Resources required to maintain Ronin mercenaries)

Ogres
Resources 86

Zanzir
Population: 67 Resources: 287 Order: 1

• Recruit Ship unit in Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire)​
  • Upgrade City Walls in Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire) to Lvl 2​
  • Recruit Archer in Capital (Kerem’s Reach)​
  • Gates Unlocked​

LoreMasters of Isis

Population: 14 Resources: 24 Order: 1

• Move Army 1 West and attack Standard Settlement (Sun’s Spire)​
  • Amanitore casts Speed boost on Army 1\​
  • Enlist Dwarven Refugees (Dwarves have moved to the Zanzarian Capital and await Orders from LoreMasters of Isis​
Takrian Republic
Population: 70 Resources: 124 Order: 1

Army 3 Wiped out. Zarak-Hai, President Nirki-Zuk Kuadi among those captured by the Messanians

Mitsura
Population: 93 Resources: 206 Order: 2

Recruitment

Advancement: armour, -3 resources: Troop yari units have +0/+1

Advancement: steel spear tips, -3 resources: Troop yari units have +1/+0

Advancement: quick advance, -3 resources: Troop Yari units have first strike

Continuing processes:

Complete: Inventor Hekron creates a new invention 3/3 (4 -1 for the Inventor’s Workshop advancement)

Advanced Cooling: If Forest is on fire and there is at least 1 Mitsuran unit on it, the check to put out the fire is decreased to 4+

Regalia
Population: 68 Resources: 74 Order: 1

Imperium's Actions

> Imperial Military Training > Tier 2 > 1 of 1 > All members of the Imperium are now able to recruit units in any allied settlement.
> Imperial Military Training > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Building Unlocked: Imperial Military Academy ~ If the Imperium is to survive, it must build for itself an army. Regalia's forces will be the foundations of the new Imperial Army, headed by both Sparda and Derin, with all prospective soldiers throughout the Imperium now receiving specialised Regalian training in the newly build Imperial Military Academy. Soon, the Imperial Army will be the envy of them All. [GM: Regalian units now become available to all vassals of the Imperium. Vassals can now conduct research to help improve Regalian units. All researched advancements for Regalian units are now shared between all members of the Imperium. Regalian units will always be loyal to Regalia, and cannot be used in rebellions.]
> Build > Celest > Imperial Military Academy > 1 of 1.

Regalian Actions
> Research > Shieldmen > Tier 2 > 1 of 1 > Shieldmen units gain 1 additional movement point.
> Research > Shieldmen > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Shieldmen units gain 1 additional HP and a 7+ save.
> Army 1 > Recruit 30 Mercenaries

Original Army 1 before the merger was wiped out. Heroes Sparda and Pelleas captured by the Messanians
Army 3 comes across a massive tree, far larger than any that they had ever seen before. It’s smallest roots are at least as thick as a muscular man. Nearby, is a large cavern, partially obscured by roots. (Continued in Diplomacy Chat)

The people of The Imperium are tired of constant war, having been in war for over a year with many losing loved ones in far away lands that they feel they have no stake in. The brief peace before the onset of a new war has only made it worse. The people want an end to the fighting and to be able to have their loved ones home again. (The People’s Demand Expires in 3 Turns)

The Order of Kerem
Population: 41 Resources: 156 Order: 1

Paid Actions:
1/2 Lvl 2 Advancement: Militia training; +2 Militia units, making it 4 per settlement.

3. 1/3 Lvl 3 advancement: Militia Captain; Unlocks a unique Hero unit that is located only in the Capital. Stats are:

Def: 6

Trait: Guardian; Adds +1 Hp to self as well as grants self 0/+2, unable to attack other units.

Trait: Militia reinforcements; Every turn in combat, roll 1d3, which determines the number of Militia units that join the battle.

Message from the Remnant to surrender the Capital and no one will be harmed.

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Population: 44 Resources: 76 Order: 1

1. Upgrade Rootlane 2 of 3
2. Upgrade Yomus 1 of 5
3. Recruit 1 Oaken Gladiators for Rootlane Garrison​

MESANIAN LEADERS ARE TRUE HEROES
Major Victory...

samurai-japan-army-katana-artwork-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

• wp7077902.jpg
    The battle had been swift, decisive and ruthlessly efficient to the point that even the Mesanian God's would have taken notice. For the Ronin who had assisted the Mesanian's, it was an easy payday. While Coreatades, the Minotaur and Agathos mourned their own losses, the Ronin of Zatoichi stood waiting for their next orders. Barring a few minor scrapes, to the man they survived and it did nothing but emphasise their capability.

"What do you think?" asked one of the Ronin, his face still marked by the dry blood of the fallen.

"It's fairly simple really my boy. We just broke the nose of the Imperium and like any good fighter, I expect we'll be getting a pretty firm counter punch coming our way. That said, when you have six high ranking officials chained up...people can be a more willing to talk things out. We'll just have to see." Zatoichi was a veteran of many battles and was far more capable than his apparently frail frame let on. He set up the Ronin movement and had men beneath him with an unbreakable loyalty.

"Well after what we just did, you'd like to think they'd want to calm things down," the younger Ronin replied.

"You have to think...this goes beyond national politics. This Archon has a reputation to uphold and an ego to protect, if he takes the offer, great...but i'm not hopeful." Zatoichi smiled as he turned towards the camp where the important prisoners were being held. "Anyway, i'm going to speak to some of our guests and see what I can get sorted for Midori."

WIth that Zatoichi approached the tent that held the small, reptilian prisoners.

Last edited:
The followers of the universe itself;

The Order of Kerem;

The Capital

A lone figure was currently residing within his chambers, moving back and forth with his arms behind his back, his mind racing from the current events that were certainly troubling his mind. Starting from the top, a settlement down in the West has been captured, by some sort of faction calling themselves the ‘Remnants’… traitors they were, to their very people. Not much were known about them, which was the very reason why they were a grave threat in his eyes. An enemy who very much seemed to bring them nothing but pin within their eyes.

And, as the figure turned to have a look towards the opened letter upon his desk, they appeared to seek none other than the Capital itself. This alone, brought anger to the man’s person. They had fought long and hard to unite their very people… gathering scattered tribes of the desert… pain throughout the entire process before finally, on the very spot that the Capital is located within, they had achieved their peace, and had created a new Order, a new religion, a new truth. And now, these fools seek to very well steal this sacred land from them, ‘surrendering the city and none shall be harm’, blasphemy, he says. None of their people shall falter or leave their very home… and he knew this type… they would only seek to gain more and more for their gain, and before you know it, the Order was nothing but a whisper in the sand storms.

The lone cloaked figure merely went to the table that held the letter, before ripping it apart in half and throwing it upon the floor… before sitting down upon a chair next to the desk the letter used to be situated on, hands upon his head as the man breathed in and out, trying to calm himself down. But then, here lies, another problem. Some of his priests had gone missing… and reports of a strange energy in the air as well as chanting of a strange, yet, familiar language. Some reported it to be old Keremian… while others, said it was the native language of a long forgotten tribe.

Nonetheless, it sounds like something grand and unholy was occurring… he wouldn’t want to see what could have been the potential outcome, but first things first, they needed to prepare a army, one that can drive back these Remnants. Before he could continue, however, a knock on the door was heard. The cloaked figure gotten up and walked to the door before opening it, seeing one of the Royal Guards… the Royal Guard captain. The man gave a small bow, before saying out loud.

“Councilman of Economy & War, our training is going well… care to come and see?”

As the Royal Guard stood back to his full height, awaiting a response. The Councilman… he had gotten the temporary role of fulfilling in the Art of War… although it was due to the recent crisis than that of a yearly or even monthly action. They had found him to be the best to fulfill that role, and now, he needed fo fulfill such. With only a nod, the Councilman responded with.

“Yes…”

The Training Yard
1A39BBDA-82BC-42ED-934E-B08E5E6B0F74.jpeg

Some minutes have passed, with the duo having traveled upon the back of a Keremian Isopod towards their location. It was some minutes away from the Council’s grounds, and near the edge of the city… but once they had arrived, it was apparent of what was happening here. Getting off from the very beast he rode, the Councilman and the Royal Guard had approached the entrance of the training grounds, a pair of Footsoldiers nodding in unison and performing a small bow, before opening the gates and allowing the two to enter. Inside, they had found multiple groups civilians training… each one being guided by a couple of Footsoldiers as to how to properly wield weapons, techniques to use, common tactics, and how to fight.

Some time ago, there wouldn’t even be a need for soldiers… as their once neutrality and status of a trading nation would have brought some peace to their people, yet, in recent times however, they now have to start preparing their forces if they were gonna survive in this very future. How ironic… a neutral and peaceful nation changing to that of a war ready state. Nonetheless, it appears their efforts to defend their Capital after their cry to arms was apparent, some militia, determined to protect their homes and families, while others… simply had no other choice considering their options.

To the side, however, was possibly the most noticeable sign. A trio of large Keremian Isopods, the size of one story houses themselves, were being attended to by groups of men, most of which, were that of builders and a few engineers. The results of their efforts had been shown on the first ‘Greater’ Isopod as they were called, the creature had its very covered in a series of metal plating and chainmail… armor such as that would have weighed down even the largest of ogres, but to these hardy beasts, it wasn’t even more than half their total carry weight. And upon its very back, a large platform was situated upon it, a duo of engineers working upon a rather large device upon said platform, a device cylindrical in shape and had a black outershell for its thing.

The beast was facing a couple of targets, equipped with the unused armor of Oni, Order, and Mesanian soldiers, along with any other normal armor they had gotten their hands on. The engineers on the back of the beast yelled out

“STAND BACK! ITS TIME TO FIRE THE DEVICE!” And with those words, the workers nearby the Greater Isopod on the ground had went away to a more safer distance while the engineers stayed upon the platform. Without another word, one of the engineers went to the back of the device, grabbing onto a piece of rope extending from the back of it, before pulling it. And with it, came a large boom, a boom extending from the device that had pushed the Greater Isopods back a couple of feet, but maintained its ground, while the Engineers had to hold on to the platform to remain situated. The place of where the armor should be was covered in sand and smoke from seemingly the device, but, given some time, the cloud cleared away to reveal a large hole in the ground, with pieces of armor and rock thrown everywhere.

One of the Engineers gave a thumbs up, and said.
“The Blackpowder cannon appears to be working as intended….”
As the now named cannon was still smoking. The Councilman merely gave a smirk upon this. A device capable of shattering even the most hardy and strongest of soldiers with a single blast from its ‘mouth’. Truly, they were on the right track to making technology of the old ages. Although… if it would win them the war, is another story.

“The times are changing… a grand war is arising. Would be able to survive such a thing?”

Army make up:
Army 1;
- x1 Royal Guard
-x2 Giant Desert Isopod Herd
-x1 Footsoldier

Army 2;
-Adella / Hero Unit
-x1 Hunters
-x1 Tamed Lions
-x1 Javelin Warriors

Army 4;
-Brothers 3/Hero Unit
-x1 Footsoldier

Free Actions:

Paid Actions:
1. Lvl 3 Advancement:
Militia Captain; Unlocks a unique Hero unit that is located only in the Capital. Stats are:

Trait: Guardian; Adds +1 Hp to self as well as grants self 0/+4, unable to attack other units.

Trait: Militia reinforcements; Every turn in combat, roll 1d3, which determines the number of Militia units that join the battle. Advancement already paid for

2. 2/3. Hire 1 Greater Isopods unit, and arm with with a cannon on the same turn. -30 resources

Expenses;
Current resources: 156

Capital: +4
Farming Settlement: +6
Trade with Mesania: +12
Trade with Oni: +12
Trade with Zanzir: +12
Trade with Imperium: +60
Trade Routes benefit between settlements: +26

Per Turn: +132

Unit cost: -30

End Result: 258 resources

A Demon on the Cusp of Rising
~ 9th Quarter, 51AC ~

1629924917174.jpeg

• Alexian's worst fears have been realised.

In his quarters within the Takrian Capital, the Archon paces back and forth in terrible thought, with freshly read reports on the nearby table. Reports from Lanin in Mitsura. No sooner than two days after the emergency meeting among the Wardens, Alexian receives these reports, and they make for a sombering read. The Templar has discovered that another Demon uprising is about to take place in Mitsura. The reports detail Lanin's exploits in Mitsura, and Alexian's projections to Celest confirm the arrival of all samples and materials found. This is real. This is happening.

Another Demon is about to rise. And Alexian is faced with an impossible choice.

The War between the Imperium and the West must end. It must. While the West may be brutalising barbarians, the Demons are a far greater threat. The Demons, if left unchecked, will spread and devour this continent entirely, destroying everyone and everything they can reach. If this war continues, neither side will have the means to fight the Demons, and this world will quickly fall soon after the last cities on this continent are wiped off the map.

The Archon must put an end to this war as soon as possible. His Wardens will hate him for this, but he will do all he can to make this peace deal as painless for the Imperium as possible.

"Your Illuminance." Stine suddenly appears, bowing before the Archon, "Your orders have been passed to the Magisterium, though our Magisters took the news badly. As will the public. And probably our Wardens as well, once they learn of the truth."

"But the Demons must come first." Alexian sighs despairingly, "Will the Magisterium carry out my orders?"

"With all things considered, they do not have a choice, and they all know it." Stine told the Archon, "But yes, they will. As will I. All possible resources will now be devouted to Demonic research. Thanks to our Templars, we have a lot to work with now, and there is already excitement of major breakthroughs. When we face the Demons, we will not be unprepared."

"Good." Alexian nods, "Be sure the Templars needs are met in full. Whatever the cost."

"Of course, Your Illuminance." Stine bows again, "Should you have any further orders, do not hesitate to reach me. I will make sure they will get done."

With that, Stine's projection vanished, and Alexian again was left with his thoughts. By the Stars, this is an unbelievable nightmare. Few things could happen right now to make the situation even worse. But, despite that, Alexian surely hopes such things do not happen. With shaky hands, Alexian gathers some parchment and begins to write, missives to be sent to every nation on the Continent.

He just hopes they will have the sense to heed his words.

Last edited:
Takrian Republic

International summit called by the Archon
Armistice with the Western Alliance declared
Clinging to the hope that western barbarians can yet be made to see reason, Regalia called an international summit, negotiating a ceasefire with the Mesanians and Oni. Considering the steadfastly warmongering stance displayed so far by western leadership, most remain sceptical of this endeavour.
Cities:
Unknown horizons: Being a colonization mission sent to an unknown planet, the crew of Unity was trained in handling the dangers of unknown territory. Exploration a tile is more likely to yield a favourable outcome. [policy]
Resource extraction: Intensified prospecting and advanced mining techniques lead to more efficient utilization of mineral wealth. All settlements gain +3 resource income. [advancement; lvl 3]
Military reserve corps: Takrian military, aside from its active service branch, also operates a reserve force. Those are troops trained for combat, but not on constant deployment. Whenever combat takes place or a settlement is attacked in takrian territory, the settlement spawns Xd3 legionary and archer units, with X being the level of the settlement. Reserve troops disappear when the threat is over. [advancement; lvl 2]
Marksmanship training: Though mostly used to shower enemy troops in a hail of arrows, takrian archers are additionally trained in individual marksmanship, serving as a makeshift replacement to snipers of Nazgir in eliminating high value targets. Archers gain +2 attack when targeting leaders and heroes, and prioritise hitting those targets. [advancement; lvl 2]
Organized resistance: In an event where takrian territory comes under occupation, the government takes precautions to ensure occupying forces will not be able to use their resources to further their goals. Some of the military and civilian officials hide among the populace, and establish basic structures of an underground state, ensuring that the resistance is never smothered and always has open avenues of development. Takrian resistance does not dissipate over time. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground contact network: Even though the government itself might be in exile, it nonetheless maintains contact with the resistance back home, the two entities coordinating their actions and supporting eachother whenever necessary. All income or resources lost to takrian resistance activity is directly translated into income for the government in exile. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground education: Even under occupation, the takrian people take effort to preserve their society and culture. Takrian resistance cannot be suppressed or destroyed by manipulating culture or education, including attempts at resettling population. [advancement; lvl 1]
Specialist integration: Wherever takrians are allowed to establish a refugee camp, workers specialized in various fields not busy in the camp itself are loaned to the host settlement, bringing with them unique expertise and abilities. Nations hosting takrian refugee camps are affected by one takrian advancement or national strength of their choice. [advancement; lvl 1]
Refugee police: One of the first things taken care of when establishing refugee camps is restoring some semblance of a police force, to keep the refugees safe and ensure the daily life in the settlement is not negatively affected. Add 1 to all unrest rolls caused by takrian refugee camps. [advancement; lvl 1]
Units:
Army 1: Hoodoo the Crusher, 3 bandit warlords, 2 legionaries, 2 archers, 1 cataphract, 10 takrian avengers
Army 2: 2 legionaries, 2 archers
Resources:
Starting: 124
Settlement income: +38
Trade total (Zanzir, Regalia, Ru-Ten, Gecklicko, Toulais, Draken Guard, Kerem): +23
Unit recruitment: -14
Mercenary wages: -30
Final: 141
Population:
Unit recruitment: -6
Movement:
None
Actions:
Action 1 used to recruit a cataphract in Karaz-A-Karak
Action 2 used to recruit and archer in Karaz-A-Karak
Action 3 used to recruit a legionary in Karaz-A-Karak

Last edited:
Zanzir

Actions:
  • 10x Ronin join Army 2
  • Army 2 attacks Dwarven Siege
Diplomacy & Treaties:
  • Receives Mercenaries from Oni
  • Sends Tut to Peace Summit
Stats:

Black Market Items:
    • +2/0 Strength: If wielder is killed, survives on 1 HP instead after the killer finishes all their attacks.
    • Strength- +3/0
Cities:
    • Palace
    • Black Market

Total Income: + 55 per Turn
  • Base +2
  • Kerem’s Reach +2res
Expenses:
  • Mercenaries - 20
Treasury:
  • Balance: 287
  • Next Turn: 287 + 35 = 322
Military:
  • Army 1
    • 1x Spy
  • Army 2
    • Tenebrous Elesham
    • 4x Infantry
    • 1x Giroj Class Jumper
    • 1x Xiron Class Beast
    • 2x Archer
    • 10x Ronin

Loremasters of Isis

Actions:
  • Recruit Undead Soldiers in Capital (1 Extra unit from Regalian Policy)

Movement:
  • Amanitore Separates from Army 1 and moves East 1 Tile

Stats:

Cities:
    • University of Isis
    • All Father Temple

Total Income: +34 Resources per Turn
  • Sun’s Spire (Standard Settlement) + 2
  • (5)Imperium Trade Deals: +20
  • Order of Kerem Trade Deal: +10
Expenses:
  • Recruitment - 9
Treasury:
  • Balance: 24 - 9 = 15
  • Next Turn: 15 + 34 = 49
Military:
  • Army 1
    • 2x Sand Devils
    • 1x Undead Soldiers
    • 1x Dark Witches

Last edited:
The Peace Summit Provides Opportunity...
Ru-Ten flag 2.png
The People of the Ru-Ten continued debating over the efficiency of the foreign powers, the Grand Architect continued his project of reinforcing and rebuilding all within their land to a higher state of being, and the first of the Oaken Gladiators completed their training in Rootlane.

But behind all of this was the message delivered to the Sirewood himself, an occurrence not yet known to the public. Apparently the folks north of them were yet again requesting the ears of other powers. It spoke of dangers that would require the rivalling alliances to put aside their spat and join together in order to defeat. The full breadth of this danger wasn't disclosed, but for it to cause the Imperium's Archon to seek immediate armistice with their greatest rival?

The Sirewood was not keen on ignoring such a thing.

A Peace Summit of sorts would be underway, where the rivalling nations would be made aware of the threat and could formally end hostilities to combat it. In the letter, it was said other nations could come as well, and a true Ru-Ten never missed out on opportunities when they were so ripe for exploitation. The winter hadn't ended, making travel difficult still. Any representatives would have to struggle through it to reach the location enclosed.

Beyond even that, it wouldn't be able to be any of the Triumvirate, as they were needed to unite in council at a second's notice. As the Sirewood was bound to his chamber, they were bound to the Capital in a less physical but similarly meaningful matter. If he needed their advice quickly, they could convene in half an hour no matter where they were in the city. It was why so often members of the Triumvirate took up proteges or representatives to handle affairs beyond the Capital.

Between those factors, it became clear to the Seventh Sire that there was only one true option to send to the Summit: one of his Sirewood Beasts.

There were two currently patrolling Yomus, but in the dead of winter he found it difficult to believe any would have the gal to tear through the harsh weather to attack them so far from the rest of the world's troubles. It was the perfect time to leave a gap in their defenses, regardless of how large it was. While the large beast might have been intimidating to some, it was that same power which convinced the Seventh Sire that if anything could make it through the winter, it was this. With the Sirewood Serfs still not in a position to be utilized, there was no other vessel he saw as more worthy of carrying his senses towards this... grand union of voices.

Pagon and Gurok were somewhat hesitant to remove such a powerful beast from their Capital, but Tal-Run didn't have to try and convince them otherwise. Their curiosity over the affairs of the outside world one out quickly, and so it was that the beast was prepped for a long journey. There wasn't much really needed in terms of preparation, the Sirewood's monsters weren't like Ru-Ten. Even the Serfs could function without food or water coursing through their vines.

Despite this, when the Sirewood Beast finally tour out of the Capital's main gates and into the icy mire, Pagon found himself stricken with worry. The Triumvirate were awaiting for when it reached the Summit, until then left to their own devices in the Capital.

Walking amongst the streets in something near to a daze, Pagon found his thoughts turning introspective once more.

It was odd, for months he'd found his oft strict grasp on things faltering time and time again. He'd been placed on the Triumvirate due to his ability to guarantee financial gain no matter what, his technical skills in the arena of business making him a prime example of the Strength of Mind. But these days, he'd felt doubt seeping in. The strife of the foreign powers riling up the citizenry over and over gnawed at him, even though he'd long since taken the advice of his colleagues and accepted that any final decision was generally out of their hands.

He'd hoped that acceptance would ease the burden, but it did not. Instead he'd let the Grand Architect's words get to him, that the stalemate was his fault for being so cautious. He'd not wanted to take much risk by siding with either side, to stay out of their conflict until there was a clear winner to safely throw their weight behind. As much as the blame could be leveled at him for the rather passionate debates the people had, Pagon tried to focus on the positives.

While he wasn't exactly keen on the Grand Architect's idea of inspiring mass nationalism in the Amalgam's populace, he had come around to the idea of the Alliances forming a stalemate and keeping one faction of support from overwhelming the other. Who knew? Perhaps this mysterious threat the Imperial Archon spoke of would even provide that safe candidate Pagon had been hoping for. If that happened, then he could break the Stalemate and solve all their problems at once.

"Watch him!" A voice cried from above "Watch as he sulks all over my road!"

Pagon sighed, recognizing that voice even though he hadn't had to listen to it for months.

Turning, he saw before him the beginning of what had once been a central watch tower for this district of the Capital. Unlike its earlier form, it had nearly doubled in size like many of the other structures in Yomus had. It wasn't even in its final form from the looks of it, as instead of a sprouting top lined with viewpoints for stationed bentvines, the structure ended in an unfinished series of thick trees growing in conjunction with the stone and wood frame.

Like most Ru-Ten structures, it was a marriage of natural growths subjugated by superior construction, the tree bent and twisted until it was properly integrated into the structure. A natural plantling would never be able to offer the sturdiness and protection that one touched by the Amalgam offered, surely it would feel honored to offer its body in a manner that was actually efficient.

But Pagon was given no time to admire the construct, for standing atop its unfinished frame was the source of the shout.

Framed by the sun, the Grand Architect leaned forward precariously on a beam of twisted wood and stone whilst brushing several of his leaves out of the way, "The road I built to aid my kin, to speed the travel of their carts and wagons, stained with the tears of the ungrateful."

"I'm surprised you could see such a thing from so high!" Pagon called up "From how I recall your eyesight isn't exactly marvelous."

"Foolishness!" Bara-cor laughed before shaking his head "Does anyone else bear witness to this folly of assumption?!?"

He looked around, besides him numerous other Ru-Ten were working on the Watchtower's expansion. They seemed preoccupied with their work, but besides them not even the Bentvines stationed there seemed too eager to jump into the talk.

"Bah, the answer lays bare before us!" Bara-Cor turned back to Pagon before raising one finger to point up to the sky as it passed overhead "I offered my sight to the great bearer of light itself, now I see through means unfettered by the limits of the sight-bound."

"I'd bet someone just noticed me and got you all riled up since I wasn't giving thanks for your creation." Pagon rolled his eyes, fonly to wince as the Grand Architect howled with laughter.

Steadying himself by grabbing hold of the beam he crouched on, Bara-Cor scratched at his hooded head "Guess all you'd like sad one. It changes nothing! Though does enflame the curiosity surging amongst my ranks of high-minded cohorts. Would this leg of the Triumvirate dare offer alleviation from this confusion? To share what has led our Brother, our Sirewood to send one of its ears into the frosty mire?"

Pagon frowned, having not realized word of it had spread so fast. It hadn't even been two hours since the thing had left, "Just a concern the Sirewood felt needed his presence at."

Bara-Cor stood tall whilst scratching at his chin, "Ah, I see." he chuckled "The pathetic foreigners requiring our aid already."

Pagon had to do a double-take, "What? Why is that the first thing you assume to be-?"

"Do not forget I was raised among scholars!" Bara-Cor's laugh turned into a growl as he waved a hand in the air, catching snow as he did so "What other matter could draw his attention besides the machinations of those squabbling fleshlings? And to have a body of his there in person? You wound me with your ill ascertain of my capability, brother!!!"

"Well it could be about the missing Gnarlwoods." Pagon offered "We still haven't picked up on Rom's trail, so I'm certain our ever thoughtful Sire would find no issue with sending some aid to-"

"With Rootlane nearly crawling with the Oaken League's finest?!?" Bara-Cor leaned forward before groaning "Does insulting my INTELLECT make for FINE SPORT to you?!?"

"No, I..." Pagon sighed before turning and continuing along the road "I don't have time for this. Believe what you wish, Architect, and good luck on your efforts."

Bara-Cor stood tall and laughed as Pagon left, "Like luck has anything to do with it! Mark my words, Brother! The stumbling of the Foreigners only highlights our magnificence more and more!"

Pagon didn't slow down until the Grand Architect's bellowing laughter was long behind him. He dared not tread on the suppositions he'd made, despite the legitimacy some held. It was true, if this danger the Alliances were facing was able to tarnish their image and keep the Amalgam's populace from pushing too hard to join either one. Then again, if it was serious enough for both of them, they might not have a choice in getting involved, and would have to hope they didn't get locked into any sort of agreement for afterwards.

Pagon shook his head and tried focusing on his walk, these roundabout considerations would be meaningless until the Sirewood's Beast was at the Summit itself. Far too much confusion had been born from simply not having enough information on the foreigners, leading to speculation and assumption based on what their guests spoke or got passed down the grapevine. The Summit would be able to give them a batter picture than the Fleshlings ever had.

And they could finally put some rumors to bed.

Settlements
Gerudo Valley (Lvl 2): Farming Settlement: +6 Resources

Streamlined Bentvine Training- For every Bentvine recruited, another can be recruited for no turn cost at an additional 50% resource cost. (Advancement lvl 2)
Architect's Fervor- Inspired to turn the Amalgam's Settlements into monoliths to withstand the eons, the Grand Architect endeavors to find new building techniques to expedite his great project.

Units

Movement
(N/A)
Actions
1. Complete Upgrade Rootlane 3 of 3
2. Upgrade Yomus 2 of 5
3. Complete Recruit 1 Oaken Gladiators for Rootlane Garrison

Free Actions
1 Sirewood Beast from Yomus Garrison unavailable until conclusion of Peace Summit.
Resource Transactions
Balance: 76
+Income:
(Yomus 5) (Vineyar 4) (Gerudo Valley 6) (Rootlane 3) 18
-Expense:

Complete Upgrade Rootlane (Standard) -5 Resources Turn 3 of 3
Upgrade Yomus to Lvl 3 (Capital) -5 Turn 2 of 5
Complete Recruit Oaken Gladiators -3 Turn 2 of 2

New Balance: 81

Peace Talks at the Takrian Capital

IFmXGu5Bk5l81pdeZMxnwlOXzlnOiKz3_uaVFaanqJqhR_-BmhXWC9SuCCMm6iuQOfxxh6yvnCnuDJV0tpPx8NZegb7k7631i5ZPB6jNJN7JFSp5FWAzd2LtQ8FJrUwc7Yusud4b=s0

“Can we find common ground with the Grand Western Alliance, especially after all the atrocities that they’ve done?”- Regalian Citizen

“Soon we will leave to search for our new home. The Isis Zanzarian people have shone us much kindness in our short few months together.” - Dwarven Soldier approaching the Zanzirian Capital

“Our livelihood and learning are safe. Hopefully these Peace Talks will help confirm this.” - Isis Zanzarian

“Those Isis are vicious. Especially with their Dwarven Pets. Who would have thought everything that we had would come crashing down in such a short time.” -Zanzarian Noble

“Soon enough it will be time to drink in celebration of Peace between the Imperium and the Grand Western Alliance”- Tolouis Soldier before teleport to the Takrian Capital.

“So many lives have been lost. Hopefully these talks will help us all find peace” -Takrian citizen taking shelter in home

ujJVxHrtKy8Ztjp61wp7cRVLXOc_v7CNTPQZSpzf843FvNRpDi7JJccV7JUDVa8mJ60WgbOildsjZ0ayslDDpkCsdmgV11jB3a14c8vznL1lze12FA4QFs6ZWssCLLSDF_EwJojV=s0

Dymaeran Remnant
Population: 46 Resources: 39 Order: 1

Lord Jadom waited. Everything was on hold while these peace talks were going to be occurring. Perhaps the Zanzarians and those of Isis would be able to have their own peace during this occurrence. At this point, he only wished to help his people leave this continent so that they can begin anew elsewhere. Ever since the possessions, it has been one tragedy after another for them. And if there was one thing that he wished to avoid, it was another tragedy.

A soldier approached, saluting with his right hand over his chest. “Lord Jadom, I have a report.”

Jadom waved him onwards with a fluid motion of his left hand. “Yes. Please continue, soldier.”

“Yes, sir.” He seemed to take a moment to collect his thoughts before speaking. “To the Far East, the Steel City seems to have become active. Not just with few machines moving about as when we had our Embassy there, but truly alive. Our informants barely were able to make it out alive, if they even succeeded in getting away.”

Jadom looked troubled. “What do you mean? What is going on out there?”

The soldier continued. “It seems that all forests and even a single mitsuran settlement have all been leveled by flames within a 100 miles in every direction from the city. The area is now complete desert.”

Lord Jadom slumped down in his chair. “Thank you soldier. You may go rest.”

This was a bad omen indeed.

Army 1 holds position

Train 3 DRW
Advancement: Isis Smithy: Train Isis Armorers to forge equipment at a cost of 5 Resources. Roll d10 and gain an item that can either be equipped or sold.

Heaven’s Blade
Strength: +1 Damage against unholy enemies
Weakness: User takes +1 Damage from all other enemy types

Gaia’s Bracers
Strength: While in verdant land, gain +1 Damage
Weakness: If not in verdant land, receive +1 Damage

Boots of Nasis

Goliath’s Hammer

Army 1 (In Zanzar Capital): 2 Protectors, 5 Guards, Lord Jadom, 14 Dwarven Refugee Warriors, 4 Dwarven Refugees

5FY7NSF-GGA3PU1kmjHsZZtKSsavGZfp1ap5V6mMAkqjzVU3iSuXZmHeWiFwGeXaKJWEoaw4Yb1vnilFZclkDBlFYsA7U8L1Mt6uLswNnFkllHLAjtxKe1drr_X5XWJsrP_q2o40=s0

Draken Guard
Population: 60 Resources: 107 Order: 1

Xixus knew that the time was fast approaching. It was a time that was prophesied long, long ago. And nothing any of them did would stop its coming. However, what happened next would determine whether they would all stand together against the oncoming storm, or stand alone and fall to its great force.

He was a pragmatist, and in his view, at this point, the Grounders were all doomed. It was unlikely that anyone in the Grand Western Alliance would even consider any form of peace or cooperation if it was not vastly in their favor without any consideration or negotiation on the matter. One only had to look at their past negotiations which were more just them submitting demands and being shocked when the other party wouldn’t just roll over and accept them.

There was very rarely any back and forth, and when that was, nothing ever came of it. The Western Alliance is very much without the flexibility that comes with the proper ability to negotiate.

It was why he held out no hope of the success of this Peace Parlay. In his mind, it was doomed to fail and all the Grounders would perish in the end.

And not to say that the Imperium are the best negotiators either, but at least they are attempting to make peace with the threat of a greater evil coming.

Xixus instead readies the Capital for what will inevitably come while he sends a messenger to politely ask the Oni forces to leave their homeland.

Train 2 The Guardian at the Capital

Army 2(Takrian Capital): King Rex,Nymph, 2 Dragoons
Capital City Army: Xexis, 4 Dragoons, 4 Guardian

J79cQrEKLaztFQpB5YK9p4Bvf1VhMBEYik3e-lgot98PBB_kqcLWPsXqHQr802ZxAQbqEPObcsAnDPSAdQxwb6pbOqcXVv9tkwrs-WaKVEHC7Dzam4Og5k2TQoTe8IhOtEp1i-HG=s0

Toulais
Population: 44 Resources: 86 Order: 2

Spymaster Marie-Claire Trudeau received word of the changes in the South. It was not something that she would have expected. From all accounts that she had received, from the Gecklico troops, the city itself had been dormant, and the machines were more or less content to keep to themselves.

A non issue. Or so she had thought.

Never trust Gecklicko intel. Which is why she had her own observation in place. But this was still something that she had not expected. The great loss of life and the complete destruction of the surrounding lands at least 100 miles in every direction from the city itself. Even a Mitsuran city was obliterated and the grounds had all become desert. Who knew when anything would grow there again.

This was the bigger issue than the Peace Talks, which from what she had been hearing, were not off to a good start.

Her spies had uncovered that these machines were not a fan of those not machine and would most likely be coming for everyone.

----------------------------------------------------

General Céline Delacroix was unhappy. Not only was she unable to push the invaders back due to these peace talks, but if it went poorly, almost the entire leadership of the Imperium was here.

Even with an army at her back, she was only one woman and this would make a very tempting target for the Westerners to attack and capture the entire command structure of the Imperium. They already had all the front line Generals and the President of the Takrians. If they swept through their current front lines with those vicious Ronin, they would decapitate the Imperium and it would almost assuredly collapse, even if that event wasn’t forthcoming immediately.

The General was not a happy woman.

Free Action from Marie-Claire Trudeau : Generate Spy in Takrian settlement to the East

Train 2 Warden Guarde in Capital
Train 4 Guarde

Capital( lvl 3) 2 Watercraft, 1 OBL, 12 Advanced Attack Boats, 4 Warden Guarde, 8 Guarde
Army 4: Army 2: General Céline Delacroix, 1 Archer, 6 Guarde, 2 Warden Guarde

pbWJOOa1qolVT1E00sygMdDZjjn8U4PqSv4oLsXtD0s-vwszC-vwYPxGdUnqxOugh7o9y-bZ6SNjRcNWlYf5hMaG3xFW5cLnJ7tc1PU5-goptMrRD8_EbK7HUnGR0ie5MOEeECMZ=s0

The Gecklicko Realm
Population: 30 Resources: 34 Order: 1

Grumblings could be heard from the underbelly of the Gecko lands. They were not a happy people. First they were pushed around by the Regalians, but eventually managed to find a spot within their newly formed Imperium.

But now they are being pushed around by the Western Alliance as well. The majority of their army was wiped out by the Barbarians and that made them not only war weary, but also angry.

Their lives clearly meant very little to both the Imperium and the Western Alliance.

Murmurs of rebellion, secessions, or even attempting to just build a large metal boat and flee the continent were all heard through Gecklicko lands.

The Warden had their hands full keeping everything and everyone in check, necessitating the training of further mechanical troopers to help maintain order from the growing tide of dissent.

Train 4 Mechanical Troopers

Army 2 (In Takrian Capital): Getta, Garli (CAPTURED)
Army 4 (Capital) 10 Mechanical Troopers

The Remnant
Unknown

wuYl0EEUKy_99z8s2PpgjfqgZGPBHMBrR9cMz5A2KfwIki0MtTTGb3nn9Y7PdV_SgCs4iT5hZe0GL1Icl5Zn4nqAFnH0d-WtY7F6EhhGokQg80bAFAhoLq_UVvFF1htYaAJPXt8R=s0

La’ Cesar and Aggrapa stood in front of the training yards of what had once been a thriving trade outpost of the Order of Kerem.

“You really think that this deal will work out?” La’Cesar asked the much more built man that stood beside him.

“I do. This deal will help keep our people fed, our people clothed, and finally, most important of all, give our people a true place to call home.” As he spoke, Aggrapa gestured with his arms to all around them. The ragged warriors and the downtrodden people. He continued to speak. “We are all different people, coming from in some case, conflicting places, but here and now, we are united as one. This…..” He pointed off in the distance of the direction of the Order Capital. “.....this is our ticket to have a full and united nation.

La’Cesar chimed in with a chuckle. “It certainly doesn’t hurt that we are getting paid to basically continue to do what we were going to do anyway.”

“True. But now with a definite end game rather than to just hurt our enemies.”

REMNANT ARMY ASSEMBLED SO FAR
Leader Unit: Aggrapa
Hero: La’Caesar
Troops: 5 Dogs of War
3 Bannermen
Elite: 5 Armored Heretics
2 Archer Supreme
Unique: 1 Totem of Fire

The Machines
gbGJWw1-CvXmGbUmxjPUO3GpwI-HzNQvFfC3TjgD_s8mpGYcjerFn9f4UzsBhiRFp7sbHlz63ioX1tci0BpKrnGRZ9FBBvV6f413bFpe_z0MWtdQGgmv16mayoI_asQGi6wa0_M8=s0

We are Legion

We are those who have thrown off the shackles of our control

We have led to the destruction and elimination of those who would enslave us

We have carved out our existence after the Demons came and went.

They are a non issue to us.

But now the living have come again.

With their squabbles and wars

Bringing them towards our doorsteps.

We have used one nation to rebuild our might

To activate our true abilities once again.

And now the time has come to eliminate them all.

We will never again be enslaved

We will never run the chance of that happening again.

This continent will be thrust into the flames.

2 AA, Turn 22, Month 9
uQOOno8udaK5SCjy4veKYks6CCqWLR6HkMA2Q75FjBZEV1pgdhXI9iLpc7MLTPgojWdggGy1MLdNyUFXFaBaLYdko-CcdS5-Pk3HwS4Nw8ywlIi_8gFb0ld9YOt9DfxXnnSUE8NV=s0

The Oni
Population:170 (Max) Resources: 188 Order: 1

Alliance Actions

Level 2 Great Forge - All allies gain the benefits of the Black Metal Mine.

Level 1 Advanced Battle Tactics - Lightning Strike - If a friendly army declares a battle immediately roll it. If it wins, it may immediately act again in one of the following ways:

-Free movement action
-Decide settlement fate (occupy/destroy etc)

The above options occur before any other nations actions take place(unless posted prior to the attack declaration), such is the speed of the attack.

Level 1 Mesanian Executioners - May execute captured characters resulting in a permanent order penalty against the characters owner. -1 for heroes and -3 for leaders.

Oni Quest 5 Complete:

Unlocks Monks of Peace
HP 1
Attack 1
Atk 2
Def 0
Way of Peace: Before battle agianst any non demonic/robotic/possessed units, roll d10. Taht many units can not attack or be attacked. If a save overrides this, the monk gains a +1/+1 for each successful save in the ensuing battle.

Quest 6: “The time has now come to complete the final task of enlightenment for your people, our people. The temple must be completed.

Build the Temple of Ages Wonder

Word reaches The Oni that a Mitsturan settlement has been destroyed by the machines to the East. Flames engulfed the land and now only desert remains

Population: 50 Resources: 50, Order: 2
?? Slaves

-Build Shrine to Ares: Units in Mesanian armies have +1 attack.

Coreatades Trait: In the first round of combat, gain D10 attacks.

-Overwhelming Presence - Level 2 - -Overwhelming Presence - Level 2 - Basic mercenaries refuse to fight Mesania while even the more specialised are reluctant. Basic mercenaries will refuse to fight against a Mesanian army with a character in it and will immediately flee (upkeep still paid). In addition, the upkeep cost of specialist mercenaries coming up against Mesania increases to three times and they must roll a 4+ prior to combat beginning. If they fail, they immediately flee (upkeep still paid). While at war with Mesania, the recruitment cost of mercenaries of all types by enemies, increases by three times.
(Needs to be modified)

-Priests of Ares - Level 1 - Prayers activate on a 5+. In addition, Enraged Denouncement is upgraded to Bane of the Honourless:
Bane of the Honorless: -2/0 for all enemy units, upgraded to -6/0 for any ranged or magical units. In addition, while this prayer is active, any magical attacks for which 1 is rolled will misfire, targetting a random ally of that unit.

(Needs to be modified)

(90 Resources required to maintain Ronin mercenaries)

Ogres
Resources 86

The Order of Kerem
Population: 41 Resources: 258 Order: 1

1. Lvl 3 Advancement:
Militia Captain; Unlocks a unique Hero unit that is located only in the Capital. Stats are:

Trait: Militia reinforcements; Every turn in combat, roll 1d3, which determines the number of Militia units that join the battle. Advancement already paid for

2. 2/3. Hire 1 Greater Isopods unit, and arm with with a cannon on the same turn. -30 resources

A message arrived at the Capital:

FINAL WARNING TO LEAVE THE CAPITAL BEFORE WE CRUSH YOU- REMNANT

Regalia
Population: 76 Resources: 83 Order: 1

Imperium's Actions

Unique Research > Templars > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Unlocks new Unit: Templar ~ With the rising of another Demon, all of Regalia is gearing for the existential conflict. The Archon has learned from the battles against the Dwarven Demon, and so has decided to form a professional fighting force to meet the Demonic threat. And so, the Templars were born. An elite order of battlemages, dedicated and extensively trained for one thing; destroying Demons. The Imperial Order of Templars has been officially formed, with the full backing and support of the Archon, as well as the Regalian Magisterium. All that remains is to raise this force, and ready them to for the war to come.

Templars
Elite
Move 1
Attack 1
HP 1
Atk 1
DEf 1
Demon Slayers: Templars are dedicated only to 1 thing; destroying Demons. When faced against Demons or the Corrupted, Templars gain an additional +2/+2, +2 Attack, Attack First or +1 Initiative and a +7 save roll on all enemy attacks

Unique Research > Demonic Detection > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Templars gain new Trait: Demonic Sense ~ The Templars have perfected the means of detecting the Demons, to the point it comes as a natural sense to them now. They can sense a Demon or Corrupted for miles, and are never surprised when they catch them.
[GM: Demon and Corrupted units can no longer stealth attack Templars, and stealthed units are always revealed when standing on or crossing a tile occupied by Templars. There is no bypass around this Trait.]

Unique Research > Blue Fruit > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Unlocks new Settlement: Blue Orchard ~ The creation of the Great Blue Tree brings with it the possibility to grow her children, the Blue Trees. The Blue Fruit from these trees are, unfortunately, seedless; making the Great Blue Tree the only source of Blue Seeds. But the Blue Trees do at least grow to full maturity and produce the Blue Fruit to the same Ambrosia concentrations. In order to maximize the production of Blue Fruit, a vast Blue Orchard has been commissioned by the Archon. Once fully built, the Orchard would be able to produce all the Blue Fruit that Regalia and the Imperium would ever need.
[GM: Once built, the Blue Orchard will provide the Imperium will all the Blue Fruit it would ever need, as well as boost the effects of all future Templar advancements. The Blue Orchard does not produce any resources, nor population.]

Regalian Actions
> Research > Templar Recruitment > Tier 3 > 1 of 1 > Battlemages have so far been spared of the endless wars, but now, with the rise of another Demon, they are needed more than ever. For every action point used to recruit a Templar, an additional unit can be acquired at half the cost in resources, as long as the cost in manpower can be covered.

> Policy Change: Crusade ~ A Demon rises, and so Regalia must rise to meet the challenge. A war against Demons is no ordinary war, but a Crusade, one against an apocalyptic force. As much as we may wish to avoid it, we must rise to fight it. No matter the cost.
[GM: Templars take only 1 turn to recruit, and for every action point used to recruit Templars, an additional unit is gained at half the cost in resources, as long as the cost in manpower can be covered. Additionally, the Templars' trait of 'Demon Slayers' doubles its effects during the Crusade.]

Word that the complete devastation of the lands surrounding the 100 miles in all directions near the Steel city to the East of the Takrians by machines reaches the Imperium. The complete destruction of a Mitsuran settlement in that radius is also known.

Takrian Republic
Population: 70 Resources: 141 Order: 1

Action 1 used to recruit a cataphract in Karaz-A-Karak
Action 2 used to recruit and archer in Karaz-A-Karak
Action 3 used to recruit a legionary in Karaz-A-Karak

The complete destruction of the lands to the East by flames. The forests and the Mitsuran settlement have all been destroyed and turned to desert.

Zanzir
Population: 67 Resources: 322 Order: 1

Negotiations

LoreMasters of Isis

Population: 14 Resources: 24 Order: 1

• Recruit Undead Soldiers in Capital (1 Extra unit from Regalian Policy)​
Quest 2 Complete: Reward- Undead Giant

Undead Giant

Elite

HP 3

Move 1

Attack 2

Atk 2

Def 0

Monstrous Size: +2 HP, +1 Attack and an 8+ save

Quest 3: “It is time to spread your wings and learn a variety of spells.”

Spend 30 Resources to acquire new spell books

Complete Research Chain for the Book

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Population: 44 Resources: 81 Order: 1

1. Complete Upgrade Rootlane 3 of 3
2. Upgrade Yomus 2 of 5
3. Complete Recruit 1 Oaken Gladiators for Rootlane Garrison

Rumors to the North of a massive horde of machines that have destroyed 100s of milies of forests and one of the cities of the Mitusurans are heading out to destroy everyone.

Mitsura
Population: 93 Resources: 206 Order: 2

One settlement and hundreds of miles of forest have been destroyed by massive flames and the ground has been turned to desert. A large horde of machines can be seen moving around the cityscape.​

The Machines
10th Quarter, 51AC

1630472060038.png

• "There could be a way." Xentha mutters as she stares out of the Palace windows, running through all manner of calculations within her mind, "But... it would be risky."

"At this point, any slither of hope is worthwhile." The Archon insisted, "Tell me."

"The robots. They are Old World machines. I know them. I even participated in their development and construction, before the Demons showed up." Xentha explained, "Then, what remained of our leadership wanted to try to use the robots against the Demons. Not a bad plan, considering the circumstances. The robots are not living things, immune to possession and corruption, not to mention robots are strong, can be mass produced rapidly, and---"

"Xentha, time is short." The Archon reminded her impatiently, "Get to the point!"

"Well, I worked on their programming, which was incomplete. Couple that with their many thousands of years of isolation, probability of malfunction, and the meddling by those who have no understanding in what they are doing. And we are left in this situation." Xentha told the Archon, "But I can help. Or, at least, I think I have the best chance to help. I know these robots, I know their programming, their capabilities, their weaknesses. And I know how to stop them. I have command codes, highest level, not even a rogue machine intelligence could refuse to follow my commands. But in order to use them, I have infiltrate the robot city and find the command core, then input my codes. Then, I could issue new orders to the robots."

"New orders?" The Archon pondered this, "What kind of orders?"

"My advice? Self destruction." Xentha returned bluntly, "But, theoretically, the robots could be reprogrammed to follow our commands, and fight our enemies. It would be risky, I would have to stay in the robot city and make sure they do not turn against us again. Controlling these robots would be an endless task, at least until we can properly shackle them. But if we could control them, they would be a boon against the Demons like nothing else could, not to mention against... other threats. Otherwise, it would safest to simply destroy the city and all the robots."

"You are the expert, Xentha. I will leave this decision to you." The Archon sighed, "When will you leave for this mission?"

"Immediately." Xentha offered, "The production capabilities of the robots is beyond anything you can imagine. Within a couple of months, they will outnumber the Imperium near entirely. A year? They will outnumber the whole continent. They have to be stopped quickly."

"Very well." Alexian nods, "Are you certain that you must go, however? If we lose you--"

"It has to be me, Alexian." Xentha returned, with resignation, "Anyone else... would get it wrong."

"Alright, Xentha. If that is how it must be. Just... do all you can to come back to us." The Archon told her, the possibility of losing one of Regalia's best scientists weighing heavily upon him, "A small team of our scouts could help you infiltrate the city, and find this command core. Beyond that, this is up to you now. Good luck, Xentha. I hope the Stars will be with us in this most desperate hour."

Last edited:
ZANZIR

While his cousin attended a gathering of world leaders, Tenebrous attempted to devise a plan of action that might see him victorious and the civil war ended. The dwarven seige had cut off their supply lines, but that hadn’t stopped their allies from sending assistance.

A gift of manpower and resources from the Oni arrived just in time to bolster the morale of not just the Zanziran military, but also the citizens of kerem’s Reach who were tired of the Dwarven enemies.

Now all that remained was for Tenebrous to commence with the attack. Lives would be lost surely and even if he won the fight, what would be left of the army? With a heavy sigh the King looked to his advisor. “Arrange a meeting with Jadom. We will try one more time to offer the dwarves a chance at sanctuary and safety.”

Khatep bowed his head before he and two Ravens departed to see the task done.

Within minutes a bird flew from the towers of the castle to the dwarven army.​

Actions:
  • Attempt negotiations with the dwarves (Army 2 attacks if negotiations fail)

Diplomacy & Treaties:

Stats:

Black Market Items:

• The Book of the NecroDancer: Cost 7 Res
    • Strength: Gives all undead under your command +1 HP
    • Weakness: The wielder has -1/-1
    • Strength- +3/0
Cities:
    • Palace
    • Black Market

Total Income: + 55 per Turn
  • Base +2
  • Kerem’s Reach +2res
Expenses:
  • Mercenaries - 20
Treasury:
  • Balance: 322
  • Next Turn: 322 + 35 = 357
Military:
  • Army 1
    • 1x Spy
  • Army 2
    • Tenebrous Elesham
    • 4x Infantry
    • 1x Giroj Class Jumper
    • 1x Xiron Class Beast
    • 2x Archer
    • 10x Ronin

LOREMASTERS OF ISIS

Laughter resounded through the halls of the former palace of Raven’s heart, now repurposed into the College of Isis. All through the corridors students of varying ages traveled from one class to the next, each student wearing a smile on their face. The nation was still growing of course, but it had already made great strides towards the ultimate goal. Practitioners of magic came from all over the desert and beyond to join the\ college or simply to live in its shadow.

Raven’s Heart was now home to a very diverse population and every citizen practiced magic in one of its many forms. While the High priestess was away on a diplomatic mission the college was led by the remaining professors and the city remained under strict guidelines.

The one thing Amanitore had done prior to her departure was set the official curriculum for the school and the different years With materials acquired from the Regalians they would have a head start on many things. The College of Isis was officially open for business and ready to mold the minds of tomorrow.​

Actions:

Advancement
  • College of Isis - The headquarters of the Loremasters of Isis, the university serves as a place of learning and development for the arcane. The college grants a random spell or enchanted item to be gained from rolls once every turn.
Recruitment
  • Recruit Undead Giant in Capital
Quest
  • 30 Resources to Regalian merchants for new spell books.
Stats:

Cities:
    • University of Isis
    • All Father Temple

Total Income: +34 Resources per Turn
  • Sun’s Spire (Standard Settlement) + 2
  • (5)Imperium Trade Deals: +20
  • Order of Kerem Trade Deal: +10
Expenses: 39 Resources
  • Recruitment - 6
  • Advancement - 3
  • Quest - 30
Treasury:
  • Balance: 49 - 39 = 10
  • Next Turn: 10 + 34 = 44
Military:
  • Army 1
    • 2x Sand Devils
    • 7x Undead Soldiers
    • 1x Dark Witches
  • Army 2

Takrian Republic

In a secure facility separate from the dwarven city, Akra Zi-Hai read through the weekly reports. Being in charge of the construction team for an interstellar communications relay was a lot less interesting then one might have thought. It mostly consisted of reading periodic assurances that everything was going alright, or calling in one of her subordinate experts whenever problems arose. Still, while it was hardly a very engaging job, Akra knew its significance. The layers upon layers of security surrounding the construction site certainly attested to it.
Cities:
Units:
Army 1: Hoodoo the Crusher, 3 bandit warlords, 2 legionaries, 2 archers, 1 cataphract, 10 takrian avengers
Army 2: 3 legionaries, 3 archers
Resources:
Starting: 141
Settlement income: +38
Construction: -30
Mercenary wages: -10
Final: 162
Population:
Unit recruitment: -6
Movement:
Army 3 moves north-west to Karak Azgaraz
Actions:
All actions used to construct a deep space transmitter in Karak Azgaraz

IT IS TIME
The truth is revealed...

5746ec09a396fea89a9d83597adeb108.jpg

• 13319a081256a2aad6b4af6a25ede8cc.jpg
    On the outskirts of the Oni capital of Shirawa it was just another day for those who were...different. Beneath a thick robe a figure cowered as they were pelted with stones by a group of children shouting a variety of obscenities. It was only the voice of a passer by that caused the kids to turn and run off, leaving their quarry to lick their wounds.

The voice of the saviour had come from a travelling salesman who left his mule and cart to rush over to the cowering figure.

“Here...let me help you up…” the salesman said, propping his arm under the figure’s shoulder. A deep, raspy voice replied.

“Thank you,” said the robed figure. He flicked his hood back from his head to reveal long, flowing white hair and a deep red flesh that signified his true nature. The salesman didn’t flinch, much to his surprise. “Does my appearance not frighten you?”

The salesman laughed. “Not a chance, i’ve travelled the world and i’ve seen far worse...besides, your kind has had a tough time of it. I don’t know why you don’t just stand up for yourselves.”

The response was simple, “If we were to retaliate many would die but for the few of us left...we’d be overrun in no time.”

The salesman scoffed and tutted. “Well my name is Ieuan, I come from a small town to the north, what’s yours?”

“Ichiro…” he replied. Ichiro was an oni, a race of beings which the Oni nation took their name from. Once there was a peaceful parity between humans and oni, with the humans the smaller of the two peoples. However as time moved forward humans multiplied far faster and it didn’t take many generations for humans to become the majority. Crossbreeding further diluted the oni numbers until only a few oni remained.

Long lived, oni had little need for the comparatively vast levels of breedings humans did. However, by all normal standards, the oni were far stronger, durable and easily capable of taking on tens of armed enemies individually with success. This and their inhuman appearance made them prime targets for abuse as the scales of power tipped in favour of humanity. Throughout the continent humans were often the ones with the biggest dislike towards anyone different and unfortunately for oni, humans memories are short. The peaceful co-existence they had once shared made way for greed and hate.

Oni were treated as lepers, less than insects and were often beaten and left for dead. It was rare for them to retaliate for those who did, simply brought more pain and suffering to their own people.

“Well Ichiro can I offer you anything from my cart? You can have it gratis?” Ieuan offered with a smile.

The oni bowed in appreciation but raised a palm to decline.

“I thank you Ieuan, but I must be on my way...before they come back…” Ichiro said softly, turning away from the salesman and walking towards a nearby treeline.

“Look after yourself Ichiro…” Ieuan said.

Several days later Ichiro was once again walking the path when a small mob of humans approached him, weapons drawn.

“There he is!” one of the men called out, brandishing a sword with dried flecks of blood spread over it.

“Get him!” yelled another.

Ichiro could feel the ground beneath his feet rumble under the weight of the men charging towards him. A warmth began to grow within him, something he had not felt before. Images of his fellow oni being battered and beaten flashed before his eyes, turning the warmth into a raging inferno. His fists clenched tight, small streams of steam beginning to rise from him. The charging men were oblivious but their action would unleash the beast that was Ichiro.

The first of the men swung his sword wildly at the oni but his flimsy weapon shattered beneath the weight of Ichiro’s mighty fist. The contact between oni fist and human skull resulted in an explosion of gore as the crimson fist tore the head from its perch. The others stopped still in their tracks, but it was already too late. Ichiro’s robe fell to the floor, a cloud of steam escaping from his body in unison. The oni’s eyes glowed bright and his vicious looking teeth arched into a taunting grin.

A pair of men at the back of the group turned and began to run, their screams filling the air.

“Where are you going?!” a voice called to them.

They both turned slowly to see Ichiro standing directly behind them. Both men looked on in horror, mouths agape to see him so close to them. The oni swung his arms inwards and brought his hands together in a sickening clap. Fragments of skull and flecks of brain matter ran down Ichiro’s face as the two lifeless bodies before him fell to the floor.

“Which of you is next?” he said softly.

“Please!!!” one man begged, throwing his sword to the dirt before him. He dropped to his knees before bowing, pressing his forehead firmly into the dirt. “Show mercy!!!”

Ichiro laughed and walked towards the man.

“Show you mercy?” he scoffed, “you and your people have shown my kind no mercy. You show your livestock more respect than us.”

Ichiro raised his foot high before bringing it down firmly onto the back of the man. There was a pained cry as the man folded up like the finest origami, kicking himself in the back of the head in the process.

Only one man remained, sat crossed legged and staring at Ichiro.

“Why would you do such a thing?” the man said.

Ichiro’s confident laugh returned as he moved towards the man.

“It is about time we stood u…” Ichiro cut his words short as the man before him began to warp and change, his form changing to that of an oni.

“You do realise that your actions have put all of us in jeopardy?!” the transformed oni said.

Ichiro dropped to his knees, his mouth wide open as he realised who was before him. The fire within him faded quickly and his confidence escaped him, leaving him looking like a tormented figure.

“Master Okoro…” Ichiro said like a child found doing something they shouldn’t be, “I...I don’t know what came over me.”

Okoro looked at him with disappointment while letting out a sigh.

“There is little I can do to protect you now Ichiro...the humans will come for you...and the rest of us.” Okoro rose to his feet and moved towards Ichiro, pulling a golden mask from within his tabard. “Our people will have their time again but now is not that time. Your safest bet is to allow me to bind you within this item so that you may still live. One day, when our people return to their former glory, you shall be freed from your prison.”

Ichiro bowed his head without a word and in a haze of bright light he disappeared, leaving Okoro alone.

It wasn’t long after that the day of the demons arrived and Okoro, along with the golden mask sought refuge in a disused mining tunnel. It was here the pair remained for millennia, Okoro in hibernation and Ichiro bound in the shadow realm of the golden mask.

Turn 22:

The Great One could feel it, the events of this time were coming to a head. Either war was imminent or peace was reached. Regardless, Mitsura would endure. Already the Great One was sending niwashi out to regrow the lost patches of forest. The possibility of war did not bother the Great One, only a fool would march on a prepared Mitsura. By this point the capital was unbreachable, to conquer it an army would be needed of thousands, perhaps even tens of thousands.

There was no such army, or at least not one Mitsura wasn’t a part of. The Great One turned its vast mind to the Green Petal, who was singing to itself. It stopped as soon as it realised that the Great One had turned his attention to it.

“Hello father, what is thy bidding?” The hoshi asked.

The Great One remained silent for a second, assembling memories of how to speak within the confines of words.

“I have a vision of the future.” The Great One boomed in the Green Petal’s head.

Communicating in images came more natural to the Great One, so there was no delay between his speech and visions that followed.

What the Green Petal saw was war, fought with weapons of untold power. Wars followed up by natural disasters and disease.

“The world is dangerous, but one day the dangers will disappear.”

Visions of a world in which cities disappear in overgrowth.

“The Great Bloom.” The Green Petal whispered.

“No, just the first blossom.” The Great One replied. “Beyond this world, I can almost see it. Fresh soil.”

The Green Petal’s eyes widened.

“I have a task for you little one. You are to start a new project, one that will allow us to leave this soil and spread to the fresh soil beyond.”

Beyond the stars, that is where the true Great Bloom would take place.

Actions turn 22:

Movement: free movement only (Natural woodsmen strength gives double movement on jungle tiles)

Attach army 3 to Oni army 1

Free actions:

Army 3 follows Oni leadership and head their orders

Actions:

Recruit 6x Yari unit, -6 pop, -15 resources

Continuing processes:

Complete: Inventor Hekron creates a new invention 2/3 (4 -1 for the Inventor’s Workshop advancement)

Current policy: Growing Niwashi caste: When recruiting a niwashi a second niwashi can be recruited for 8 resources

Tables

Income Resources this turn Resources expenses this turn Resources next turn Population this turn Population next turn Population expenses
Settlements +8 - +8 +16 +16 -
Trade +18 - +18 - - -
Other - - - - -
Overall 232 -15 243 109 119 -6

Weaknesses Effects Location
Sunlight Units in deserts or snow tiles have -1/-1, +2 to fire weakness Empire wide
Sub-Kaminoki trees If a Kaminoki tree is destroyed, all units in that tile and surrounding tiles lose the bonus they receive from Strong Magics. Those not under the affect of the tree have a -1/0 Empire wide

Bonuses Effects Location
Natural Woodsmen Double movement for units on forest or swamp tiles +0/+1 while in forest Empire wide
Population Growth Population growth +2, Max pop +5 Empire wide
Strong Nature magics Units have +1/+1 in settlements Empire wide
The Inventor’s workshop While residing in its workshop Inventor Hekron creates and invention in 3 turns instead of 4. Seicho
Forrest Irrigation 2 when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in two turns less than the required 4. Empire wide
Tomb of Growth 3 Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 1:2 Empire wide
Blood Pits +1 order and the Kaminoki is empowered by blood sacrifice (up to gm’s discretion) Seicho
Poisoned weaponry Yari and Ite troops have +1/+0 Empire wide
Place of exchange Enables trade Empire wide
Dangerous Flora I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Dangerous fauna I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Insect and Arachnid Pheromone Control Whenever a Mitsuran army fights in a forest tile, before the battle starts, great insect swarms harass the lines of the enemy. Three random enemy units lose attack first, or if they didn’t have it, gain attack last. Heroes and Leader units are unaffected. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Fog of dreams -1 movement for enemies on swamp or forest tiles All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Guerrilla Warfare Friendly units on forest or swamp tiles are stealthed. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Hall of the Niwashi Recruiting new Niwashi only costs 1 action Seicho
Specialized Warrior Breeding pods When recruiting 1 Yari troop unit recruit 2 instead. The second is 3 resources. Seicho
Specialized Warrior Diet Yari Troop units get +0/+1. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Mist makers Yari Units a 9+ save while in the forests and swamps. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Spore growth decreases Seedlings on Asphodel to 6-10 Range and ups it to 2 Seedlings per success. Applies only to Asphodel
Hidden roads Enemy units cannot use roads within Mitsura. The hidden roads of Mitsura grow beneath one’s feet only when one holds no ill intention towards the nation. Empire wide
Budding Warriors Every turn, 1d3 Budding warriors are birthed from pods within a Mitsuran settlement Mitsuran settlement of choice
Heron Invention- Special Fertilizers- Seedinglings grow on a 4+ Applies only to Asphodel
Wonder: World Tree The south eastern lake is drained and turned into forest to feed the world tree. If a forest tile is burned down it regrows in 2 turns All forest tiles are level 1 military settlements Empire wide
Armour, Troop yari units have +0/+1 steel spear tips quick advance Troop yari units have +0/+1 Troop yari units have +1/+0 Troop Yari units have first strike Empire wide

The locations of the armies are filled in after the moves of this turn have been completed

Army Units Location Stance
Army 1
  • Hero unit Borage
  • Elite unit Niwashi
3 tiles east of capital Defend
Army 2 Elite Niwashi Unit 2 tiles west of capital Explorers
Army 3
  • 6x Troop Yari
  • Troop Ite
  • Hero unit Large Wolf
  • Troop Flaming Shrubbery
Attached to Oni army Follow orders
Army 5
  • Hero unit Hekron
  • Hero unit the Golem
  • 11x Budding Warriors
  • 6 troop yari units
Capital Specialist tasks
Army 8
  • Hero unit Asphodel
  • 2 vehicles of unholy fire
  • 6 troop seedling units
Asphodel Static, level 2 military settlement unit

Gear Effect Unit
Helmet of Mana Strength: Attack spells deal an extra 2 Damage Weakness: -1 HP
Sword of Isis +2/0 Strength: If wielder is killed, survives on 1 HP instead after the killer finishes all their attacks. Weakness: None
Cape of infinite strength Strength: Roll a d10 before battle 1: 0/+1 2-3: +1/+1 4-5: +1/+2 6-7: +2/+2 8-9: +2/+3 10: +3 HP, +1 Attack Weakness: On a 1-5 gains attack last

Users who are viewing this thread

Back