• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(Fluff will come later, but do expect it today!)

The followers of the universe itself;

The Order of Kerem;

The Capital

Why must we be forced into such a role… to be forced into fighting a threat that we believed to be long gone

A man thought to himself within what appears to be a room, although, everything was too blurry and out of focus in order to get any more detail out of such. He was too busy trying to figure out… why. Their leaders had lied to them, saying earlier that the very threat of losing their Capital was long gone, a thing of the past, yet, here he is, training along with many others in preparation for a threat they have not ‘seen’ coming. Was it their ignorance and belief that everything was finally over that tricked them into going into a state of false security.

Are those in charge actually capable of leading this nation? They did lost their strongest and most intelligent councilman in the art of war… a man who would have surely done something differently to run this nation instead of it going back to a ‘peaceful’ state as it always as been, even after the attacks upon the vaults had occurred, it wasn’t until recently that they had decided to prepare for a threat. They might be undermanned for such… they might not have enough equipment… they-

He was then brought back to his senses by a hand grabbing his shoulder, turning to see another individual, one that appears younger than the aged man that was thinking earlier. The young lad had a look of concern upon his face, as they said.

“father, are you well? You have been staring off into the air for a while now… and, are you ok?”

Treaton, his only son and child. Being born 8 four-full seasons ago, even now, he still showed a sense of being a creative and imaginative child as he is. Kind hearted and always worrying for others… it reminded him of himself when he was younger, back when all he had to worry about was figuring out when he can go outside and play games with his neighbors and friends, or learn new things. Being young and unknowing of the world around you was both a blessing and curse in disguise. But now, he needed to respond… he can’t keep his son worrying now. Giving out a ‘false’ smile to hide his true emotions as of now, and to hopefully get more time to think about the recent events, he said.

“It’s fine Treaton… it’s just that training has been rather hard recently.”

“Father, why must you train? You had said before that life here was peaceful, nothing bad was gonna happen, yet, you speak of training as if something grand was gonna happen.

“It’s just normal to do such, like… uh, a requirement once you become of a certain age. Someday, you might have to do the same thing.”

“But I don’t wanna do that, it sounds hard and nothing I wanna do…”

“sometimes in life, you just have to do things you may not like doing. Especially if it’s for Kerem, the Universe itself. It is our duty as followers of the Universe to protect our sacred desert, and as such, we must prepare for it.”

With only a nod of understanding, the child then left his father alone, no longer having any more questions to ask. The man himself merely gave a sigh, as he looked towards the ceiling of his home… thinking to himself… is all of this worth it?

——————-
Later

“One-two-three-four, one-two-three-four, one-tw-“

The loud booming words had echoed through the air, the same old individual from earlier, now wearing some pieces of bronze armor over his body, marching in formation with a group of other similarly looking armed men. This was yet another day of training, preparing for this ‘Remnants’ that will soon arrive and lay siege to their Capital in a attempt to gain it like the Euovians had done so in the past. While most other soldiers here are fighting in order to protect their loved ones or their very nation… he was conscripted into such, and didn’t have much choice in the matter.

He may think he is proving a purpose by joining the other soldiers, but he is just one person against possibly the most dangerous threat in his life. What was he expected to do against such as a mere common Footsoldier? He couldn’t think too much about it, he needed to continue yet again, these useless discipline practices, as if it was gonna help in a real battle. Off to the side, he could see small glimpses of what appears to be the main star of the ‘show’.

A rather large Isopod, hell, probably the largest he has ever seen in his life, covered shell to leg in large metal plates armor, as well as some sort of device on its back. Last month, he had seen firsthand on what the damage that thing can do, a ‘cannon’ if he recalls correctly. A late time to be putting these creatures and weapons to use if the warning came only a few months ago… but hopefully they can win this one.

With only a sigh, the man continued forth, not by free will or some sort of goal, but instead, thinking in some sort of false hope that all of this will just blow over… and nothing bad would happen to him or his family.
“The times are changing… a grand war is arising. Would be able to survive such a thing?”

Army make up:
Army 1;
- x1 Royal Guard
-x2 Giant Desert Isopod Herd
-x1 Footsoldier
-x1 Greater Isopod (armed with cannon)

Army 2;
-Adella / Hero Unit
-x1 Hunters
-x1 Tamed Lions
-x1 Javelin Warriors

Army 4;
-Brothers 3/Hero Unit
-x1 Footsoldier

Free Actions:
1. Free Advancement from Hero Roll:
Lvl 2: “The Anger of the beast”; Greater Isopods units now have a extra attack, which could be put to use when armored with a piece of siege equipment, giving it essentially 2 attacks instead of 1

Paid Actions:
1. Lvl 1 advancement: “Grand movement” Greater Isopods units have +1 Movement, -2 resources

2. 2/3. Hire 1 Greater Isopods unit, and arm with with a cannon on the same turn in the capital. -30 resources

Expenses;
Current resources: 258

Capital: +4
Farming Settlement: +6
Trade with Mesania: +12
Trade with Oni: +12
Trade with Zanzir: +12
Trade with Imperium: +60
Trade Routes benefit between settlements: +26

Per Turn: +132

Unit cost & lvl 1 advancement: -32

End Result: 358 resources

Last edited:
So many options, why not take them all?
Ru-Ten flag 2.png
"So that's it then?" Pagon's voice felt small, even to him "They've really gone and patched things up?"

"My recollection doesn't really do it justice." the Seventh Sire's words reached him "Despite the messy start, I'd say the parties performed exceptionally given the circumstances."

Having moved from the sirewood's chambers to the center of the great Keep which lay within the very heart of Yomus, the Triumvirate examined massive charts cponstructed by the scholars and monks who had bore witness to their Sire's recollection. From every statement and decision made, they had a fairly accurate summary bared before them. And though several chose to study particular details further, they did nothing to change the final question.

"Do they stand a chance?" It was Gurok who spoke first "Estimations of capability from what they say alone aren't much, but you did experience the Emperor's vision."

"Hard to say," the Sirewood's voice echoed from within a Sirewood Serf sat in the midst of the grand hall, a tattered robe all it had to cover itself as the voice spoke through it "but the Aspects do not incline us to reckless risks."

"Most of the time," Tal-Run chuckled before folding her arms behind her back and swaying side to side "so what plan shall I concoct for if this grand alliance falls to pieces and we become targetted by the encroaching enemy sooner than later?"

"This is madness!" a scholar called out before pointing to the sketch of the emperor "We have no basis to believe this was not a ploy by a defeated monarch to involve us and our resources!"

"True, the vision could've been the conjuring of foreign magics." a Monk nodded before turning to the Sire "You were the only one to experience it, my liege. Is there some method to verify it?"

The Serf leaned forward, mouth stretch wide as the Sirewood thought, "Even if the vision were false," he finally spoke "the woes of the Mitsurans are to be believed. Of that at least, I am certain."

"And if they fail to repel the attack," Gurok grumbled "we'll just have to work to pick up their slack. Keep what's ours secure."

Another Scholar stepped in "But if the vision was even partially accurate the chances of that-"

"Quit it with that chances talk." Pagon interrupted whilst rubbing at his head "Wanna worry about it go right ahead, I ain't keen on what they're implying either. But when you start putting together numbers about how bad things are it gets far easier to talk yourself into a panic."

"Seems someone recovered from his panicked state." Tal-Run chittered whilst tapping her fingers together "Have the peace talks bolstered you so much already?"

"No, if anything the scenario's even worst than it was beforehand." Pagon stood and crossed his arms "Two alliances getting our people mixed up in their affairs was a pain, but now there a number of dangerous enemies emerging that seem ready and willing to tear apart everyone including us. The General had the right idea, we must muster our forces for when the threat emerges. Test the waters at first to see if the alliances can handle them on their own."

"Bolster our own forces in the meantime," Gurok added with a nod "if they do better than we anticipate we can make a show of jumping in to help them quell the madness."

Seeing that the General had caught on, Pagon cracked a grin at him before waving around a finger, "And if their initial losses are too grand then we focus on digging in and letting them weaken the enemy before they can reach us. Though I find him insufferable, the Grand Architect's work is not to be understated. If the foes is significantly weakened by the time they manage to slaughter their way down here then perhaps the battle will favor us heavily."

"And what if it hasn't?"

With how cohesive Pagon and Gurok's words had been, Tal-Run's interruption managed to stifle their plotting rather severely. Yet she remained unfazed, stretching out as she glanced about to find that all eyes were now on her.

"Well I'm just saying, the demons were said to have wiped out the beings that owned the ruins we've found, correct?" she didn't wait for an answer "Well I've looked into many of those findings, and would like to say that surviving something similar may not exactly be quite doable. Not for us or any of these fellows at the summit."

She waved a hand at the sketches of the summits attendees, "Frankly, it sounds as though we'll be lucky to leave even a memory."

Gurok frowned as he stepped towards her, "If you wish to flee, may I suggest you do so quickly. I'd recommend hiding out in the ruins, though they're considerably more worn and faulty than they were the first time they were sealed away."

"Oho, no running for me I'm afraid." Tal-Run shook her head "The requirements of the Triumvirate hold firm, though I'm certain many will take the risk of the ruins if they feel the situation is as doomed as I feel it is. But I'm thinking more of another solution."

She turned her attention to the Sirewood Serf, and upon looking at the expression on her face the Sirewood released a sigh. He knew what she would bring up, despite how much he didn't like it. While Gurok and Pagon's plan was an admirable one, the Researcher's worries were his own. If the Allies failed to pose a threat to the oncoming horde, they would have to get lenient with certain things to ensure the survival of their knowledge and customs.

Gurok took note of the Sirewood's silence first, "What is she speaking of, my Liege?"

"Oh, just something fascinating we discovered whilst running tests with the Serfs here." Tal-Run clasped her hands together "With a little ingenuity, I feel it'd do well to serve us if we wish to remove ourselves from this mess."

Pagon raised an eyebrow, "Remove?"

"It is a matter that requires more investigation, but let us not overlook our need for more forces." the Sirewood stated "Though time is low, our stockpiles are healthy. There is no reason why we cannot do both."

Gurok and Pagon were clearly unsatisfied with the answer, but before they could press further a chorus of feet approaching drew everyone's attention towards the large doors which led to the chamber they were in. Those doors soon flew open, and Pagon's groan of distaste rang out as the Grand Architect stumbled in. Followed by several Monks, scholars, and general craftsmen if their attire was any indicator, they quickly made their way towards the center of the chamber as Bara-cor as he made his anger known.

"Peace talks?!?" he spouted out in mocking laughter "What need do people such as we for such matters as trivial as foreign affairs?!?"

Pagon didn't even hesitate, turning to Tal-Run with a raised eyebrow, "Did you call for him?!?"

Tal-Run just gave a shake of her head, "Nope," she casted an amused glance towards Gurok "consider me equally interested in how he managed to enter."

The General was far less amused, "Those doors were guarded." he assured before glaring at Bara-Cor "What happened to the Bentvines?"

"Matters which are paltry compared to the cries of our brothers and sisters!" Bara-Cor spat, only for a monk behind him to speak up.

"The people are up in arms over this talk of peace," she muttered "those who gave claims of superiority now feel betrayed by even the notion of-"

"Wait wait wait," Pagon held up a hand before looking to Bara-Cor "have you... did you spread word of this?"

"The ear of the people cannot be undervalued, Sad one." the Grand Architect clenched a fist "To hide the reality of the foreigner plight is unseemly, indeed! All known now of your colluding!"

"That... was supposed to be announced today." Gurok grumbled as Pagon clutched at his own head and groaned.

"Surely this is not all that you sought by entering." The Sirewood's voice spoke up and drew all eyes back to the Serf "Tell me, what led you here in such a hurry."

"Hmph," Cara-Bor crossed his arms and tilted his head "I merely wish for assurances that the foreign plight has not managed to sway our dear tiumvirate to their foolhardy cause! When I caught wind of their machinations, I feared they'd seep into the cracks of our formation and undo my progress, now when I'm so close to-!"

"The construction shall continue."

Cara-Bor's smile went wide as all eyes went back to the Serf, who looked around before giving a nod.

"Again... there is no reason not to strike all angles at once."

West vs. East Public Opinion

Settlements
Yomus: Capital (lvl 2) +5 Resources +3 Population
Vineyar: Standard Settlement (Lvl 2)+4 Resources +3 Population
Gerudo Valley (Lvl 2): Farming Settlement: +6 Resources
Rootlane: Standard Settlement +3 Resources +2 Population

Policies and Advancements
Recycling - Nothing is allowed to go to waste, anything from corpses to destroyed ruins are bounties of resources in the eyes of the Ru-Ten
Sirewood Defenses- Through use of the Vines assisting in the defense of all settlements, they gain 0/+2 except under the attack of The Flame. (Advancement lvl 1)
Photosynthesis Exploitation- The Capital gains an extra +1 Resources (Advancement lvl 3)
Streamlined Bentvine Training- For every Bentvine recruited, another can be recruited for no turn cost at an additional 50% resource cost. (Advancement lvl 2)
The Oaken League- A series of Gladiatorial Arenas set up across the Amalgam Settlements
Sirewood Serfs- Using Population, the Amalgam may construct Sirewood Serfs out of criminals. (Advancement lvl 1)
Architect's Fervor- Inspired to turn the Amalgam's Settlements into monoliths to withstand the eons, the Grand Architect endeavors to find new building techniques to expedite his great project.

Units
Yomus Garrison: The Seventh Sire, 5 Bentvine Skirmisher, 2 Sirewood Beast
Vineyar Garrison-5 Bentvine Skirmisher, Veximus Triumphus the First, Galixo Prime
Gerudo Valley Garrison: Veximus Triumphus the First, 1 Sirewood Beast, 5 Bentvine Skirmisher
Rootlane Garrison: 1 Oaken Gladiators, 1 Gnarlroot Brawler, 4 Bentvine Skirmishers,

Movement
(N/A)
Actions
1. Upgrade Yomus 3 of 5
2. Begin Advancement Sirewood Serfs Lvl 2
3. Recruit Oaken Gladiators for Yomus Garrison 1 of 2

Free Actions
Exploration on Rootlane tile (Continued...)

Resource Transactions
Balance: 81
+Income:
(Yomus 5) (Vineyar 4) (Gerudo Valley 6) (Rootlane 4) 19
-Expense:

Upgrade Yomus to Lvl 3 (Capital) 5 Turn 3 of 5
Recruit Oaken Gladiators 3 Turn 1 of 2
Advancement Sirewood Serfs Lvl 2 (3- [Strength of Mind 1 + Advanced Knowledge 2]) 1
New Balance: 90

The End Part 1

2 AA, Turn 23, Month 10
C6Q5Em3LFI9ypQ6i5EELQYtxvH2ZYc50MRdtbBopyiDxIlNEcH5QFRoymKEyiVu1NwX-PqX-TS8TvuDRv_ljn3rH9CqH5N6XAEX-mUso1ptbZqoIOuZwSKYh4sg2jdhjN9IBURea=s0

The Stand Against the Demons

FC3FODHVuYGzucQXGp9WmHWab1ohHRmV0IhUncC7wGqcbVptxKPNyIGqs9i7MFU-0IXg7pvnOCT5aGQl3pIdZsUFOmIwe2jr27oyI-BETlDFK2UKOVu6sOEAIh7iFnt87oSAtqeX=s0

Artistic Rendering of the Great Demon Lord that attacked during the Age of Strife- Simon Finelar of Toulais 950 AA

Excerpts from around the continent in the time of the Great Strife.

“Common ground has been reached with the Western Alliance, just in time. The Demons have arrived!”- Regalian Soldier

“We fight. Not only for ourselves, but for the entire world. If we survive, our freedom away from this continent awaits.” - Dwarven Soldier approaching the Demonic forces

“Our learning needs to have prepared us for this. It is the beginning, but of the end of the chaos or a deadly eternal sleep, we do not know.” - Isis Zanzarian

“Demons? This cannot be! I must flee and hide!” -Zanzarian Noble

“Demons. An Invasion of the entire continent? We’ll show them that we mean business. Even if we have to go down fighting to prove the point!”- Tolouis Soldier before downing an entire bottle of wine in one go.

“Message sent to the Fleet. As long as we survive this war, we’ll finally get out of this hellhole of a planet” -Takrian citizen taking shelter in home

------------------------------------------------------------

The Machines
z3-Rn6jFf41MZrRtctI35OUFGMQiMvldbbrGveIoLAmd1XPRCCi23xvsoD9dSmOuenum46ZD1WtsgbppT3_0eJ-aST03hwwJLQ0uChWNCkMeLHe4Gf4mUuxc3AaLRVWkwK9BxhUb=s0

It was now their time. With the unwitting help of the Oni, the machines were ready to overrun the continent and replace flesh and blood with steel and oil. The surrounding lands had already been scorched, the announcement of their cause. Their actions, showcasing to the world their coming doom.

So overconfident were these machines, that they had felt no need to finalize their designs before doing so. The machines that were now being built, were lackluster for the time that they came from, but with the supplies that had helped enable them to regain the functionality to even make more machines, it was still far more than enough to sweep across the continent, allowing them to collect more resources and gain even greater strength.

By the time they would be done with this world, not even the Greater Demons that swept across it would be able to stop them. The world would be saved, but it would be not in the image of man, but machine.

The leader of these machines, the Central Artificial Intelligence or C.A.I., had been waiting for this moment for millenia. It knew that it came very close to not having its visions reach fruition, especially since the Gecklickos had discovered one of its corrupted former command programs. Luckily, they did not try to integrate it with their systems, or else it would have proceeded poorly.

The sensors showed a singular man on the horizon, a man clad in white robes. By scans, it was clearly the Emperor of the Oni. Perhaps they had decided that they would be cleaning up their mess. It was a laughable excuse of an action. Especially without an army backing him up. What could he possibly do?

A flash of light erupted and the entirety of the Oni Army emerged out of it. It consisted mainly of the Oni, but also Azerans, Molemen, an Ogre and a creature made of Shadows.

It was no matter. They would all fall before the might of the Machines. All that was not machine or plant would fall.

It was a strange thing, but a special kinship had formed between the machines and the Mitsurans. Not to be hampered by the destruction of their forests and land. That was to create a barrier for others. The trees would grow again eventually and in the future.

The machines took their first steps and charged at the Oni line as the Ronin followed suit with their own charge. Metal clashed with metal as the Ronin blades impacted upon Machine swords.

The ranged machines fired off their metal projectiles, the rat a tat tat, killing peasant warriors and Agaretsu by the dozens. It seemed as if their valiant advance would be stopped by this hailstorm of metal shards. Suddenly, a charge of Samurai zoomed through the killzone, lightly stepping as their feet appeared to barely touch the ground. From the massive spray of metal, it would have appeared impossible to break through, but with a single massive thrust each, the Samurai pulled off what many could not have done. The silence was almost deafening from the lack of gunfire. And when any looked through the battlefield, only a small handful of the hundreds of charging samurai lay dead on the ground.

The outer lines of the Machines began to follow suit and fall to the powerful Oni troops. Sparks from metal on metal and pieces of machines were happening all around the city. It wasn’t until a gargantuan machine lifted itself up far from the heights of the tallest structure that any of them began to worry.

Jin turned towards those that were assembled, standing atop a pile of destroyed machines. . “Brothers. We have come this far already, destroying men of metal from ages long since past. We have already shown them that they would not advance without strong opposition from their enemies. We might have lost many of our brothers on this day so far and we might lose many more, but on this day….This day, we will make sure that it is not The Oni or Humanity that goes extinct, but the Machines. Their story will not live on in the hearts and minds of those that follow. They will be an abject lesson in the hubris that beings of metal could stand up to those of flesh and blood. Now, follow my lead and we shall crush this Metal Beast and bring an end to this madness!”

A cheer loudly made its way through the assembled crowd of warriors as he started the charge on the ground. Samanosuke hopped on his Phoenix, its bruin flame bursting at the metal giant turning parts of it red hot, while Kawada in his fancy armor was tossed up by Chunk, The Ogre so that he could start slashing at its weakest points, away from the ground.

Hiroki, a distance away, began firing off powerful spells that he had learned from his many months at the Tower. This was the type of battle that he had trained for. Not for the Eovian Invasion, or the uprising to the West, but this. Fighting against powerful machines that threaten not just the Oni, but the entire continent. He was proud of his people and that of becoming what his people have needed. Something that his people had thought would never happen. And he had become among the first of many Oni spellcasters.

The metal giant tried swatting Samanosuke like a fly, but just like the creature, he was difficult to hit, always fluttering from place to place.

Jin fought on the ground with the troops as Samurai and Aragatsu were kicked here and there by the powerful legs and feet of the beast. Chunk grabbed hold of one of the legs as Kawada managed to pry open the machine’s chest cavity. He chuckled to himself as he pierced its mechanical heart with the full force of his family blade.

The troops scattered as the massive machine fell. Chunk smiled and said only one thing to his friend. “That still only counts as one.”

Destruction reigned all around in the grounds.C.A.I. could not believe that its powerful metal troops were being torn limb from limb by mere humans. And humans that possessed only a Bronze Age level of technology. How many flaws must it have in its operating system after all these millenia that this could happen? Surely they could not defeat him otherwise.

A moment passed as it processed the name of the enemy that he fought. The Oni. Surely it could not be them. That would be impossible. They went extinct long ago. They could not be. But that would be the only explanation. The Ancient Oni are ready to resurface. He can’t let that happen. Even should the Machines Fall, they must enact their final failsafe to ensure ultimate victory in the face of defeat.

Hours had passed since the final machine had fallen on the surface. The Emperor had gone off into the forest to mediate. Jin was preparing the final strike force to conquer the inside of the facility when the rumbling began. Being the innate leader that he was, Jin organized many of the troops assembled to escape. There was barely enough time to react before the entire city was engulfed in explosions. Many of the Oni assembled perished in the flames, but many more survived. They were a hearty bunch and such underhanded methods by the Machines could not stop them.

The city lay crumbled and destroyed, with many dead. But the Machines appeared to have gone down with the sinking ship. They were finished and gone forever. Jin looked around and ordered Kawada and Samanosuke to organize search parties for any survivors that might still be alive buried under rubble.

The nearby Mitsurans began administering first aid to the Oni, their allies.

-------------------------------------------

The Dark one of the Forest was finally free. It took many months of work by its servants, working tirelessly and endlessly to free their master. With that and the removal of the Final Seal that was keeping him locked away, less work had been required for his release. The Machines were built upon one of the last remaining seals. With the destruction of their city, the seal is no more. But now it has been accomplished. As the last entangled vine of imprisonment was removed, the treelike Demon could only smile. He would be responsible for the vanguard of their race conquering this world. He would be its master and add it to the infinitesimal numbers of worlds that have remained within their grasp.

He knew that his minions would help him attract other worshippers, and even other followers to help make the others submit or die. He didn’t really care either way, as long as he could spread his forest of darkness and bring an eternal night to this world.

Even the Mitsurans that were not under his sway from the red rubies would soon enough follow suit as it doesn’t collide with the plan of spreading the forest across the world, and in fact, works in conjunction with that plan.

With a wave of his arm, he sent his minions into motion. They would awaken those that had been seeded around the world, and those that had been infected by the Red Fruit would fall under their sway, adding to the chaos that was sure to spring up, even with the warnings of danger from the Regalians. It was unfortunate that the plan of the Black Petal did not come to fruition and that none of the important leaders were able to be gained control of. But others were, and that should still aid them in their victory.

With his plans set into motion, he began his preparations for the forces that will inevitably try to destroy him and his works. They would fail, as others had before them. It was the only outcome.

-----------------------------------

The Oni began an incredible transformation. It had been unforeseen, but the true enlightenment of their people that bore fruit. Their ancient DNA was unlocked and brought forth into the present. They had now become The Oni of the past. Red skinned, horns and white hair were but a few of the many changes that had come upon them.

Many did not understand why these changes had been occurring. But Jin, ever the vigilant leader, understood. Especially as he knew that since these changes were occurring, he was now the leader of the Oni. These people were now his responsibility. And he would take that responsibility seriously and with the importance that it should be with.

As Jin had been speaking with all of the Oni assembled, The Ronin who had also been transformed began to clutch their heads and howl in pain.

A voice rang in their heads. Now is the time to reign in chaos. You are now my minions of rage and destruction.

The Ronin grabbed their weapons and started killing any of the injured assembled. The screams drew the attention of Kawada who rushed to the scene. “What are you fools doing? Killing your own people? Especially in this time of great change. We are not monsters or barbarians!”

One of the Ronin shoved him backwards and laughed as Lord Kawada, heir to the Jigamundo Clan, landed in mud with a splash, covering his armor with the thick brown substance. With a rage that could only be seen in the power of a thousand blazing suns, Kawada reached forth with his bare hands and ripped the nearby Ronin apart before his blade had even left its sheath, once that had, he was cutting down another two with ease.

“The Demons have infected the Ronin somehow!” Kawada shouted over the nearby din of battle to Jin.

A deep laughter erupted from within the assembled Niwashi that had previously been assisting in healing the injured. A Mitsuran, dark of color, covered in scars and towering above the others arose. It was The Black Petal, in his full glory with his arms outstretched and his mouth in a delightful grimace.

“You are all weak. My master would have you join us, but I’d much rather drain you all into husks.” With blinding speed, The Black Petal, almost appeared on the other side of Zatoichi before anyone could see what had happened.

His tendrils pierced the elderly man from behind, a spray of blood erupting before the tendrils jutting out his front. Within mere moments, the elderly man dried up, turning into a husk of a man and then dust which blew away in the wind.

“You will try to fight my army and myself, but all of you will be like this Old man soon. Dust in the Wind.” His dark echoey laughter filled the air as the battle was joined.

------------------------------------------------------------
ujJVxHrtKy8Ztjp61wp7cRVLXOc_v7CNTPQZSpzf843FvNRpDi7JJccV7JUDVa8mJ60WgbOildsjZ0ayslDDpkCsdmgV11jB3a14c8vznL1lze12FA4QFs6ZWssCLLSDF_EwJojV=s0

Dymaeran Remnant

Lord Jadom waited. The Peace talks came to a conclusive and decisive end. Not all sides were happy with it, but it brought about the peace that was required to deal with the major issues at hand. All except the Oni seemed to be in agreement, at least. An impatient people that needed results immediately and from what he heard, couldn’t wait for the logistics that are required for moving hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people from a land.
But that was not important to him. All that mattered to him in the end was getting his people away from this continent. That was what was important to him. He needed to get his people away so that they could forget all this death and destruction and start anew, away from the old.

But he could not do so until these new foes were dealt with. If the Demons were not stopped here, they would eventually overrun the entire world. They were at their weakest here and now. Newly awakened and only led by one true DEMON. If he didn’t help stop them, his people might only have a few years of peace at best. And that was something that he was not willing to do. Even if he had to put his life on the line, he’d protect his people.

He waited as he stared down the approaching army of demons. It was filled with corrupted Dwarves, Ruby encrusted Mitsurans, and humans that fell to greed.

This was something that he had begun to mentallly prepare himself for, ever since he left the Steel City. To face down the great foes that had built themselves up, while tearing down anything and everything that he had stood for.

He turned to those assembled and spoke. It was not a boisterous voice, but more of a humble one. “We have come far since we had escaped from the ruins of our mountain homes. We have endured much and suffered much hatred and animosity in these many months. But we have also seen kindness and been renewed of our love for each other, for our families and those around us. Today. Today is the day where we must give it our all. This is the fight where we must fight to the last on the chance that we enable our loved ones to live. This is the time, my friends and countrymen. You must fight with all of your might.”

The enemy approached. They looked as if the nightmares of warriors appeared on the battlefield.

Lord Jadom stood there in his golem armor, wielding his heavy war hammer as he looked down at his opposite. A dwarf wearing Heavy Black Steel Armor with demonic looking plants growing out of it and vines formed into a large sharp looking blade. It spoke in a loud and booming voice.

“You will submit to our Lord, The Dark One of The Forests or forever will your people become the fertilizer that will grow our vast armies that will overrun this world. If you submit and join, your people will gain powers greater than you could ever dream of.”

Lord Jadom gave a smirk under the helmet of his armor. “I have to say that I must decline to serve your Dark Lord as tempting as the offer stands. But my duty is to protect my people from your demonic influence and help them leave the continent for a better life, not fill them with darkness and root them into the one place that they don’t want anything to deal with anymore.”

“Then that is the last mistake that you will ever have the chance of making, foolish Lord.” The Corrupted Dwarf raised a blade up in the air as the forces of darkness charged the line of Dwarves.

They would hold the line as the Dwarven Protector’s shields held off the worst of the attack, while the refugee warriors fought as hard as they could, but started to fall. Their training was merely a stop gap and they had known it. To fight and protect what little they had remaining, these refugee warriors did what they had to, what they must, even at the cost of their lives. They would ensure that their families would live.

Army 1 (In Zanzar Capital): 2 Protectors, 5 Guards, Lord Jadom, 14 Dwarven Refugee Warriors, 4 Dwarven Refugees

5FY7NSF-GGA3PU1kmjHsZZtKSsavGZfp1ap5V6mMAkqjzVU3iSuXZmHeWiFwGeXaKJWEoaw4Yb1vnilFZclkDBlFYsA7U8L1Mt6uLswNnFkllHLAjtxKe1drr_X5XWJsrP_q2o40=s0

Draken Guard

Xixus welcomed the High Priestess of Isis and her people to their land. Their floating island had plenty of room for her and her people. The land itself provided much better protection from all other incoming enemies then those on the ground. There were not many opportunities for those to travel up here. Only those that controlled high magics of teleportation, or were able to fly.

All else would have great difficulty arriving at this location. So those of Isis would be able to study their magic in relative peace, after the war with the Demons was concluded.

A settlement was constructed for those of Isis, a proud place that they could call their own and at no point had been any one else’s. It made it a better and more special place.

Word soon arrived from other areas of the Imperium that they were under attack by the Demonic Forces. It was the return of some of the previous ones, but also new ones. There was almost a breakdown on the lines of communication.

Before they could send their own troops to the aid of their allies through the teleportation grid, a thick fog rolled in.

King Rex knew what it was from the moment that it had occurred. And it was only once he saw the black silhouettes in the fog, that his suspicions were confirmed.

The Dark Dragons had returned to seek their revenge. Whether they were working in conjunction with the Demons, mattered not. They were here and now they were going to try to kill off all of Drakenguard as revenge.

“I will ready all of the Troops, Xixus. You alert the High Priestess to our true enemy.”

“It will be done, my lord.” Xixus was off with a flutter of his wings, heading towards the Priestess.

King Rex stood up to his full height, his wings fully extended as he took off at impressive speeds with his large wing span. The majesty of the King of the Dragons was not to be misunderstood. His scales seemed to almost sparkle as they shone with his movements in the air.

The King took a perch on a large outcropping of Stone as he watched the Dragons approach and one of the larger silhouettes did the same opposite him.

“Brother. I see that you are vigilant as always.” An almost raspy voice spoke out from the Fog.

“Yes. I have been waiting for the day that you and the others would return.”

“We have been hiding in plain sight among the nations of this continent, right under your very nose. So I don’t think that you have been doing a very good job at looking out for us, Rex.” The raspy voice at the other end chuckled. “It seems that a lot has gotten by you in your old age. And soon enough, my new allies will overrun the Grounders that you are so friendly with.”

“What?” King Rex had suspensions, but he wanted to hear it from his brother’s mouth.

“Yes, The Demons and I have made an alliance. One that will see Drakenkin have a dominant place in the future of this planet. And not just an assumed one. And it is we, the outcasts, the Dark Drakenkin, we will be the ones whom will be the successors of the world. We will rule the skies with a floating armada of islands at our command. And not just this singular pitiful one that could never be enough to sustain us.”

“I think it is you whom are foolish brother.” King Rex interjected. “You are putting your faith in demons. Beings whom are known to be untrustworthy and prone to lies. You would put your people in their care? They are most likely just using you and will discard you once you have served your purpose. It is an infantile gesture and not something that will truly benefit you.”

The Raspy voice responded yet again. “If they shall attempt to destroy us, we will merely destroy them instead. We are far more powerful than they.”

Rex laughed a patronizing laugh. “Idiot. Perhaps at the moment you are stronger, but what is here now is not the true demons. They are merely possessed and manipulated mortals. An army of full true demons, you and your forces would not stand a chance alone.”

“Enough of this banter. I have no more use for you or your words. Children, ATTACK!”

Out of the fog, large, darker dragons erupted and began to tackle the elder Dragon King. He retaliated with his sharp teeth, biting hard through one and slashing another two with his sharp claws.

The battle was joined with Rex’s forces attacking the Dark Dragons in the fog.

Capital City Army: King Rex,Nymph, Xexis, 4 Dragoons, 4 Guardian, 2 Dragoons

J79cQrEKLaztFQpB5YK9p4Bvf1VhMBEYik3e-lgot98PBB_kqcLWPsXqHQr802ZxAQbqEPObcsAnDPSAdQxwb6pbOqcXVv9tkwrs-WaKVEHC7Dzam4Og5k2TQoTe8IhOtEp1i-HG=s0

Toulais

Spymaster Marie-Claire Trudeau was happy that peace was afforded. It was not the peace that many wanted, but even with the limitations of her spy network towards their Western Countenance, she was still pleased with the results. Except with the response of The Oni. It was a shame that The Oni were far more impatient than their previous disposition suggested. That is more on them than anyone else, as their allies had all approved of the terms given.

She had been honestly surprised that it was The Oni and not Messania that had any problems with the Terms of the agreement. It certainly showed that the Barbarians were more civilized than they had let on.

As things were set in motion, it was time to focus on the task at hand….the demons that were going to be breaking free and attack everyone. It was not something to take lightly. In fact, that was the reason for the entire peace talks in the first place. The Demons were a true threat to everything and everyone that had stood in existence. As such, she was penning some orders with her quill, dipping it carefully in the inkwell every time.

It was then that one of her ravens arrived. Remains of the Ogre Army returning for revenge.

“They surely picked a hell of a time to return. Looks like I’ll have to give our nation every advantage that I can muster.”

She started to pen her own note and sent it via Raven to where she needed it to go. She would give her people the favorable position on the battlefield of her choosing and not that of the Ogres. They would not be forced to rely on the rest of The Imperium in this dangerous time.

----------------------------------------------------

General Céline Delacroix was wet. Her thick boots were starting to take on water from the marsh lands. This was not the sort of place that she would have normally wished to confront an enemy. But she understood the reasoning for why their Spymaster had arranged for it so.

Reason 1, this kept the battle far from the Capital. Last time there was collateral damage and they wanted it to be kept to a minimum. That was why the battle was decided to be held in a partially sunken castle in the middle of the swamp.

Reason 2. This was the battle that Commander De’Orleon had been waiting for. She looked over at her counterpart with a mix of disgust and admiration. While she had repented and joined forces with the rebellion, he had never done so and only joined Toulais after death.

He wanted to defend his people. And this would be a true test of not only his ability, but of his resolve. The Ogre forces were nothing to sneeze at. They were true beasts of war. Killing and eating anything that stood in their way.

On the Horizon, the Ogre Army could be seen. In numbers, their armies seemed about equal, but it was known that the Ogre army was physically stronger. Stronger, but the Toulais army was filled with some of the most skilled troops on the continent. And they had a habit of surviving things that would kill most armies.

Their leader, the incredibly tall Tiny had returned after being thought dead and killed in the icy waters. Covered in scars, the Ogre had a smile on his face. Combat was what he lived for and today, he knew that he would be getting his fill.

Tiny’s smile faded when he saw only a small fraction of his enemy’s army before him. The undead troops, rallied by their Commander De’Orleon. “Why you no face Tiny? Twigmen afraid? Tiny crush boney men and use them to roast the squishlings over a flame.”

The Skeleton Commander, rattled his bones in his heavy armor. “You would do well to not insult the army or people of Toulais. We are a hearty people, a strong people, and most of all, we are a people of conviction!”

“You no look strong. You look weak and puny.” Tiny reached down to grab De’Orleon, only to get slashed by his Bastard Sword.

At that, the Bulls charged forward, engaging in battle with the other armored skeletons. Skeleton and Bull collapsed onto the ground as wounds were accrued from blades and bits of metal. Two bulls fell for each Skeleton that did so. Each bolstered by their Commander, making each attack hit harder, and made them able to ignore their own received. They fought with a ferocity that was practically unheard of, as the rest of the Toulais and Ogre army watched. As the last of the Bulls and Skeleton warriors fell, Tiny lost a hand to De’Orleon and then an eye before Tiny Squished him in a fit of rage. The crumpling of the metal could be heard from up on the ramparts.

“Hehehe. Not so tough now, Bony Man. Now you’re tooth picks beneath my feet.”

General Céline Delacroix took off her officer hat and placed it over her chest. These were brave men that gave their unlife for the cause of the nation. They were true patriots. However, there was no time to mourn. The remaining Ogres were advancing. Their Iron Guts with Heavy plates over their guts, Mann eaters who were filled with gnashing jaws and an ogre that looked as though it could cast magic of some sort as it piled food down its large gullet.

The ogres charged past their fallen and at the castle gates. The archers rained down arrows as hot oil was poured down on their foe. It barely seemed to slow them down. Their actions were paling in comparison to the undead troops. The Ogre Mage gave a huge burp, that seemed to fill the air with a foul stench. It gave the remaining ogres a ferver that had them pounding against the walls until they crumbled, allowing them to pour in. Nothing seemed able to stop this impending advance.

Before Tiny could enter in with the rest of the crew, a sword pierced his chest from behind. As he went to turn to grab the individual that had dared to attack him, it was followed up by another attack from the same blade. Again and again. Each thrust seemed stronger and more powerful than before.

As Tiny managed to finally turn around, he could see that it was De’Orleon. Armor full of dents and dings, but otherwise intact. A look of confusion crossed his face as the light faded from his eyes.

“For Toulais!” De’Orleon along with his skeletal troops, attacked the Ogre back line as General Céline Delacroix gave the order to charge from the front. The Guarde began to fall to the Ogre assault. But the battle was truly terrifying against the Mann Eaters and the Ogre Mage.

It kept bolstering them with foul smelling potions and various degrees of gastric distress from his own body. It somehow made them stronger, killing even hardened Warden Guarde.

The battle raged on for hours without end. As the enemy forces began to dwindle, The Ogre Mage spit acidic bile at Commander De’Orleon just as he killed one of the Mann Eaters, causing his skeletal frame to melt away. His last words being, “I’m glad that I was able to give many lives for my country…… not many get that chance.”

The General gave a scream of pure rage as she howled her order to the troops. “Form up and advance with me!”

The remaining Toulais troops rallied to her position, falling back into formation. The Ogres looked confused as the Ogre Gastric mage let lose more foul smelling odors that seemed to perk up his remaining army as well.

General Céline Delacroix raised her sword up in the air as she spoke loud and clear. “For De’Orleon! For Toulais! For the Imperium!” It was followed suite by the rest of the troops as they worked together cutting a swath through the Ogres. Their ferocity was like nothing that the army had thrown through before, backed by the sacrifice of their fallen comrades, they were giving it all to beat back these invaders.

Soon, all that remained was the Gastric Mage. Its rotund belly jiggling as it made even the slightest movement. “I be bettin’ that you all be good eatin’. Especially with all dat Honor you be goin on about. This kind o’ fightin be makin’ the meat taste all the better.” He licked his lips as the General spit on the ground.

“Foul beast. If you think you can intimidate me with such disgusting words, you are mistaken. We are the men and women of Toulais, a grand country with a limitless future on the horizon. And you, you are all that remains of a crushed and broken army. I will give you one chance to surrender and leave. After that, it is a destiny of your own making.”

“I ain’t be leavin here and now. Not when I be so close to such delicious meats.” He slapped his jiggling belly and charged.

“Then so be it! Archers!” The General swung her arm and a series of arrows flew from behind landing square in the Ogre’s face. As it was momentarily stunned and possibly blinded, she charged in with her own sword and slashed it across the belly, cutting deeply so that its innards fell across the floor.

As it collapsed onto the ground, she spoke quietly to the beast. “That is for Commander De’Orleon.”

Their foes defeated, it was time to take home their dead and prepare for the real threat. The Toulais Army had been hit extremely hard by these Ogres, their Remnant Army was a strong one and one that managed to deplete much of what they had. A true discouraging fact before the Demons would arrive. They would have to work fast to scrounge up more of an army.

ARMY 1: De’Orleon, 1 Archer, 1 Guarde, 6 Skeleton Knights
Capital( lvl 3) 2 Watercraft, 1 OBL, 12 Advanced Attack Boats, 4 Warden Guarde, 8 Guarde
Army 3: 3 Spy
Army 2: General Céline Delacroix, 1 Archer, 6 Guarde, 2 Warden Guarde

pbWJOOa1qolVT1E00sygMdDZjjn8U4PqSv4oLsXtD0s-vwszC-vwYPxGdUnqxOugh7o9y-bZ6SNjRcNWlYf5hMaG3xFW5cLnJ7tc1PU5-goptMrRD8_EbK7HUnGR0ie5MOEeECMZ=s0

The Gecklicko Realm

The time was drawing near. That is what was being said. It was the time of the Demons and the true cause of death and chaos. To many, it was unbelievable, but that is what the leaders of the Imperium had said. So it must be so.

As the army was preparing for the confrontation with the Demons, words were being stirred up at some of the higher levels of government. Word spread that now was the time that they could break free from their shackles of Regalia. That now was their best opportunity to do so.

It was spoken from some of the highest positions in the land, down to the lowest of the lows. Rebellion was in the wind. And words alone were not going to stop it.

These words were unable to be pinpointed in any one direction, but the truth of the matter is that the Gecklicko delegate from the Peace Talks was infected by the Red Fruit. As such, he was spreading the word of rebellion so that they would be weaker in the long run. Half of the Geclicko population was gearing up for rebellion anyway, and as such, it did not take long before civil war broke out within the Gecklicko Realm.

The side of Open Rebellion was being led by Getta in his Powerful mechanical, while wearing a large helmet that was a gift from the Oni. He had been a proponent of breaking away from the Imperium and especially Regalian rule for quite some time. Seeing his people as being oppressed while longing for the good old days of random death while working in a factory rather than the safer methods that have been instituted. It hampered their creativity.

While the other side was being led by Garli, the Gecko Mage. While manipulated originally via mind magic to be more favorable towards the Regalians, he had always been of a more peaceful nature. Which was why he had made overtures of peace towards the Regalians during the opening acts of what would be known as The War of the Winter and had surrendered to them after his own troops were outnumbered.

The battle was fierce and turned brother against brother, dividing families, leaving many dead within the borders of the nation. Both sides were decimated with the fighting, leaving little left as the Demonic forces arrived at the City gates.

The warning managed to actually get to the fighting forces before they had been overrun. Through quick wit and fleet of foot nature, the scout had arrived at the battle in a more than timely manner.

What remained then banded together against the outsiders. They were still all Gecklickos at their core. But the possessed and diseased creatures of the demons were relentless. They attacked the already battered forces without end. It would have to take a miracle for them to win.

The capital was falling all around them, burning and crumbling, the once great factories collapsing into piles of rubble. The entrance ways into the great caverns below the city, collapsed once more and covered into oblivion. To be forgotten for millenia more.

Getta opened fire with his mechanical, the laser cutting a swath through the possessed dwarves and evil humans. Firing shot after shot, dealing many a death blows. But the Mitsura seemed to number into the thousands, crawling all over the machine. As all seemed lost, a fireball exploded nearby, scattering many of the mitsurans, red rubies shattering on the ground.

Garli was letting loose his magic. He was not stopping, being a power house, gifted magic from the object that he had obtained in the Grand Tower to the North. Protecting Getta at the moment was the way to ensure the safety of what remained. The powerful blast that the machine could fire off, could be their salvation.

A demonic blast of energy hit Garli square in the chest. He was flung back by this attack, landing on his back in the dirt. One of the other nearby Geckos in their mech picked him up.

“You foolish lizards. You are no match for our master, let alone me.” Deep laughter filled the air as the voice continued. “I have been gifted great powers from my Lord and Master. Something that you do not have with your faulty machines and weak magic. Your nation could not even hold itself together. It was so easy to get you to fight among yourselves and not unify with the others in your time of need. You are a weak and fractured people. And now it is time for me to deliver the final nail in the coffin!”

A heavily Armored Human with a glowing Black Aura emerged from the crowd assembled. This must be the mysterious voice that was speaking. Wielding a large axe, he sliced a mechanical in half as he approached the duo.

“Come and try to stop me. I’ll even keep my forces back. I doubt that the two of you could defeat me.”

Getta didn’t even respond as he shot his powerful blast of laser energy directly from his mechanical into this armored demonic man. He took the blast square in the chest and laughed. It did not affect him at all.

Garli tried to follow up with some fireballs, but those also seemed to just get deflected.

The man after giving a full belly laugh started slowly advancing, slashing up any downed Gecko unit along the way. Garli gave Getta nod and his counterpart nodded. Garli scampered up to the top of the mechanical. As Getta fired the powerful laser on his mechanical, Garli added his blasts of energy to the attack.

The resultant blast, which was continuing, was pushing the armored man back. He dug in his large axe into the ground to prevent himself from losing any ground. That was when the armor itself began to sizzle from the heated energy.

“This. This cannot be!” He shouted loudly over the din of the blast. “I was to be Invincible!”

The last words of a madman as he was disintegrated by the combined attack.

Garli collapsed as the enemy forces retreated, seeing their commander fall. His energy spent, he never would have expected the dagger that entered his heart. The Gecko mage sputtered out blood, unable to get out any words, though Getta did speak. “It must be this way. You are a broken toy. Altered just enough by the Regalians that you are unable to think or act against them. Even should we remain in their shadow, you do our people no benefit.”

As the light faded from Garli’s eyes, Getta gathered up the remaining Gecklicko forces and headed south. They needed to hunt down as many Demonic forces that remained as possible. The longer they lingered, the stronger they would become. And if they managed to unlock the true Demons, they wouldn’t stand a ghost of a chance.

Army 5: Unit 01, 1 Swordslinger,
Army 3 (South of Lost City) 2 Swordslingers
Army 4 (Capital) 10 Mechanical Troopers, Getta, Garli

The Remnant

wuYl0EEUKy_99z8s2PpgjfqgZGPBHMBrR9cMz5A2KfwIki0MtTTGb3nn9Y7PdV_SgCs4iT5hZe0GL1Icl5Zn4nqAFnH0d-WtY7F6EhhGokQg80bAFAhoLq_UVvFF1htYaAJPXt8R=s0

La’ Cesar and Aggrapa stood outside the Capital of the Order of Kerem. This is what they were waiting for. This has been their end goal for quite a while. If there was one thing that all the members of The Remnant could agree upon, it was the capture of the Order of Kerem’s Capital City.

Soon enough, the crown jewel of the trading empire of the Sands would be theirs. The forces of the Remnant outnumbered that of the Order. Sure, the Order had started preparing for war, but it was far too late. With the war chest that they had acquired from their mysterious benefactor and the promise of future land in place, they were excited.

Aggrapa stood before his troops. They were far from the disciplined troops of Eovia that he had served under and with, but times change. And now, these troops that used to serve under different banners were his to command. They all followed him and his orders. He worked for the benefit of those under his command so that he could keep that command in tact. None will change this by simple words or actions. He was the leader and unifier of these men and women. It did not matter that he had originally come to conquer them. The Eovian war machine on this continent had been finished as had many of the nations that the people under his banner had been a part of.

“Men and Women that stand before me. You are all Great Warriors. Once, we were all enemies, but now, we have united under a new cause, the toppling of The Order of Kerem. And with the Capital soon to be under our grasp, the spoils of war and all the ill gotten gains will be yours to have. As much of it as you can carry. Now. Onwards to victory!”

The cannons fired from the other side of the wall. Mounted on top of strange beasts, they managed to take out some of their frontline troops on the way. The cannon was a powerful tool and one that needed to be respected.

However their Archer Supremes managed to target the men and women that were directing the beast’s fire. Down they went one after another and the beast’s cannon attacks were not as effective without their human spotter.

It was then that the gates opened and the battle was properly joined. Their footsoldiers were not as battle hardened as the armored heretics, but some of the Dogs of war were brought down by their combined attacks.

The Totem of Fire burned brightly, the incense and other smells that it brought gave a greater resolve and strength to the invaders. The numbers that they possessed, combined with this extra intensity meant that the Capital of the Order of Kerem did not last long under this assault.

The Council Members were all assembled before Aggrapa and his generals. He sharpened his blade as they were brought into the very Council Chamber that they would meet. He struck a very imposing figure, but most of the Councilors were not looking intimidated, surprisingly enough.

“Welcome, my brave Councilors. It is impressive that you did not flee on this day. Though I am saddened that I did not get to fight your greatest warriors. I had heard that the Warriors 3 were quite a formidable force and that they could turn the tide of almost any battle that they were a part of.”

He started to walk around as he talked, looking at each of the assembled Council Members as he moved back and forth. “I have a proposition for you. I do not seek to have further bloodshed against your people. Compared to many of the other nations on the continent, your army is lackluster and small. But that is to be expected as your people focused on trading, gaining the most amount of money. For which you focused to the detriment of all else. But I digress. On to the actual proposition. We can help you repair that boat that you found and you take your people and leave. Now, before you immediately say no, out of principle that I’ve conquered your capital and that you’ll be rescued by your allies, take a minute to think…..”

Aggrappa paused for a few moments before continuing. “....There is no help coming from them. In fact, the reason we were able to get so strong after taking your outlying settlement was due to a very generous agreement with The Oni. They wanted to help us get rid of you. It was almost too sad how they came to us and offered us as many resources and land to the North as they did.”

“You lie!” One of the Councillors shouted out, not wanting to hear falsities about their allies. It was one thing to conquer them, it was another to sprout bad words about their companion nations.

“Oh, but it is very, very true. Why should I lie when the truth hurts that much more. They came to us after all. But it…..”

Before he could continue, a solider came in. “Sir, A force of Mitsuarns led by some sort of Ogre shrouded in Darkness is approaching the Capital.”

“Damn. Rally the troops. We’ll take the fight to them.” He turned back to the Councillors. “We shall continue this discussion at a later date. Please think on it. And do not worry. I will keep you safe from the fighting.”

With that, Aggrappa and his men left the building and headed to join the battle.

Leader Unit: Aggrapa
Hero: La’Caesar
Troops: 5 Dogs of War
5 Bannermen
Elite: 5 Armored Heretics
3 Archer Supreme
Unique: 1 Totem of Fire

The Oni

SOUwTJG79nfdcbv0I0TBLytkosNEgVMHCnXvMVj013mRCkRgJY9V56_TAREK4Be8Ov3PhCwA-h6sSvRHXngRwKKjegY-iaj9C1wiSzLU55WP9AsY6Tg-_02PBh3e-FRfnNLW8rKt=s0

The battle was proceeding fiercely as The now True Oni, faced off against the red jeweled Mitsurans, the Possessed Dwarves and the Evil humans. At least the Oni could be sure that these humans were not a part of their nation or else they would have changed into Oni when the rest of them had.

Jin was already slashing through the Dwarves as he watched The Black Petal move at blinding speed killing whom ever he was able to get his tendrils on. As the life force was drained out from each individual he grabbed, his size began to increase. His voice began to become deeper and darker with each kill as well.

“You are all insignificant worms. If you had just let me continue my conquest of the Mitsuran forest while operating out in the open, all of you would already be in the loving embrace of my power. The demons would have brought you all joy.”

Already 15 feet tall and growing, Jin shouted to Samanosuke. “Quickly, hit him with your flames before he gets much stronger!”

Samanosuke flew in close, dodging a strike from a large hand and a tendril that was seeking his life force, getting his Phoenix close enough that it began a spray of flames from its mouth.

The Black Petal gave a laugh which slightly shook the ground. “Foolish Mortals. I am beyond such weaknesses. Perhaps the Old me could have been brought to heel from Fire, but the new me is immune to your petty advances.

Using the momentary distraction and lack of movement, The Black Petal’s tendrils grasp ahold of the Phoenix and began to drain it. Samanosuke jumped off, landing on some of the softer ruins that were all around them, only sustaining some scrapes and bruises from the fall. The Mythical Bird was turned to dust before his very eyes as The Black Petal grew stronger.

Meanwhile, Chunk and Kawada were having the time of their lives. Kawada cutting down Rubied Mitsurans with his blade, while Chunk smashed Possessed Dwarves with his fist. Chunk spoke first. “If you keep up at that rate, you’ll stay far behind me in the tally. I think it was that One Giant Robot that put you behind.”

Kawada let loose a laugh as he slashed through 4 Ruby Mitsurans in a single strike. “Focus on your own kills, friend. I’m closer than you think.”

More enemies seemed to arrive by the hundreds.

Hiroki knew that the odds of victory were getting slimmer by the moment. With all these enemy reinforcements and the forced defection of their mercenary Ronin, if he didn’t do something to cut off their opponents, they would be overrun. It was unfortunate that they did not make peace with the Imperium. Facing an enemy such as this, he did not understand why they could not make a proper peace. But his was not to question the decision of those that were above his station.

That was when he knew what to do. Thinking back to his training, he realized that with careful application of elemental magic, one could direct the enemy where he wanted them to go. Levitating himself up to a higher position, he could see the battlefield and even the direction that the reinforcements were attempting to arrive from. Tapping into all his mystical energies, he channeled a powerful fire spell. The path between the current battle and the fresh troops was cut off by a thick wall of flames. Even those that would not be weak to it, would still be hurt. With luck, it would force their enemies to go around the long way to arrive.

Jin shouted while pointing his blade at the Black Petal who by now had grown to twenty feet tall. “You will not defeat us here, you Foul Demonic Creature. Your power pales in comparison to the nature of the Oni. For the first time in hundreds of millenia, we have returned to our being. And we will not be stopped now and especially not by the likes of you.”

The Black Petal let loose a laugh that made the ground shake and quiver with ease as his tendrils continued to kill and absorb those around him, sometimes indiscriminately grabbing members of his own forces. He did not care as long as he continued to grow stronger. His head began to form a series of horns that looked similar to the shape of a crown if one squinted hard enough. Flames seemed to sprout above his eyes and by now, most of his form had become almost endless shadow.

“YOU ARE A FOOL, SAMURAI. YOU COULD NEVER HOPE TO DEFEAT ME BEFORE AND YOU CERTAINLY CAN’T DEFEAT ME NOW.”

Jin sheathed his sword, taking a seat, cross legged on the ground, closing his eyes. “Perhaps you are correct, Black Petal. Perhaps I can not defeat you…..”

“AH HA! YOU HAVE FINALLY BEGUN TO SEE REASON, SAMURAI. IN THAT CASE, I WILL MAKE YOU DEATH PAINLESS….” The Black Petal began to reach down with a hand to absorb Jin.

Jin continued his words. “....But with the will of my ancestors, my blade will have the power to defeat you.” With swift action, Jin had jumped up, unsheathed his sword and cut through the Black Petal’s Hand, watching it drop to the floor. The Blade now glowed a white light. The energy from his Oni Ancestors giving it strength as The Black Petal howled and reformed his hand.

“IMPOSSIBLE! NOTHING SHOULD BE HURTING ME IN MY NEW FORM!”
The Black Petal formed thousands of blades that went flying at Jin all at once from multiple directions. Jin effortlessly dodged each and every one of them.

The Black Petal was getting more and more frustrated, transforming the darkness that now made up his body into various weapons to attack with, however the samurai was far too quick and strong. He did not understand where all this came from. He was the one that had gotten stronger and more powerful. He had been the one that would conquer this world and absorb its power.

Jin dodged a powerful blow made by a shadow axe, using the momentum to pierce his Blade directly into the heart of the Black Petal. Not one to let this pass, Jin followed with pulling the blade upwards to bisect him, to ensure that he would stay dead.

“NO! THIS WAS TO BE MY MOMENT OF TRIUMPH!!!!!”

The Black Petal disintegrated into holy flames. The greatest threat in the area brought down, most would have expected the army to disperse, but if anything, they began to fight with a greater ferocity.

The reinforcements arrived from around Hiroki’s flames and they threatened to overwhelm The Oni, even after such a great victory. Each one there knew that they would at least go down fighting with Honor. Even if they fell here today, someone else would manage to finish the job.

Zanzir
fGGmIDi_DdS67hp2rEUtecxB683XlQFpG5Ko-Fa45rrdGqpT1MH6cZ19Tpar3MgjOiGuUjgaQGdqu5XfGkQDsBFEH7D_l9DrPbjELFO_lb5Mw8_HGu9xYg5nGMjxjCZC1CBpSK-G=s0

Arrows flung through the air, taking out possessed dwarves with ease, allowing the regular dwarves under Lord Jadom’s command to pull back and regroup. The dwarves did not spare a moment to stop. It was known that the enemy would not break so easily. The Archer’s bore the mark of Zanzir. The Army had arrived to assist them in their time of need.

Tenebrous Elesham stood with his troops as he ordered them to advance. This was not a time to sit on the sidelines. Especially not when the fate of the world was at stake. They all had to work together, or die alone. If there was one thing that the King had learned, it was that this world is full of interconnected details that could have an affect on everyone else. Who would have thought that the space that his nation had occupied would have brought war to the continent for control? He had not over a year ago. He also had not thought that his sister would betray him and even start her own nation. The only consolation there is that she would be taking her people to the Dragon’s land far above the sky and not occupying the desert.

Zanzir was not a military heavy nation, but they did have some skill when fighting in the desert. Which is exactly where they were. It was their home and they would fight to the last for it. The King knew that his army was not large, but it was large enough to back up the Dwarves, who themselves were not a large army.

The Dwarves, though small in number, were heavy hitters, so if he could help keep them alive, they would have all they would need to push back and end these invaders. Compared to reports that he was receiving from his ravens, the Demonic forces on their end were much less.

It seemed that since the forces were emerging from the Mitsuran Forest and its surrounding area, that this was merely a vanguard to attacking the West. The Heavier fighting would be out to the East. At least as far as his forces were able to determine. From what he has heard, the Demons are a tricky race and were liable to use misdirection whenever possible.

Tenebrous watched as Lord Jadom rallied his troops towards their enemies and knew that it was time for him to do the same.

“Countrymen and subjects of Zanzir. We are a noble and great people that have lived in the desert since the beginning. We follow the word of Kerem in our hearts, even when it seems we don’t follow its words. We are a people that give our all in everything that we do, even when that everything is fighting for our neighbors and the fate of the world. It is our time now. It is our story. My troops, charge!”

Rallying cry given, the Zanzarian troops joined the fray, fighting alongside the Dwarven Troops under Lord Jadom against the encroaching enemy. The heavily armored dwarves supported by the lightly armored mobile Zanzarian forces, worked in conjunction with one another.

The battle quickly began to swing in their favor, as the Dark Dwarf charged forward, directly into Tenebrous, knocking him to the ground.

“If I should die, at least I will take the King of Zanzir with me. What a grand prize.” The Dwarf attempted to punch Tenebrous with a metal fist, only for Tenebrous to roll to the side as Lord Jadom smacked the Dark Dwarf backwards with a heavy mace.

Hand extended, Tenebrous took it and was quickly brought back onto his feet and handed a shiny metal blade. “Your highness, what say that you and I finish this?”

The King smiled. “I thought that you’d never ask, Jadom.”

The Dark Dwarf hopped back to his feet and was presented with two figures charging at him. He raised his metal gauntlets, attempted to block the onslaught from the pair attacking one after another. It was as though there was an unspoken bond between the pair, a bond of warriors on the battlefield.

Sparks flew with each passing hit from metal on metal. The dark Dwarf began to look exhausted as the pair nodded at one another, striking simultaneously, piercing the Dwarven Armor and stabbing him directly into the chest.

He collapsed on the ground as the remainder of the army was routed by their combined forces.

“Thank you for the assistance, King Tenebrous.” Lord Jadom got down on one knee, giving a bow of his head.

“Rise, Lord Jadom.” Tenebrous extended a hand and helped him stand up. “I am not your king, you have no need to show me such deference. And I thank you for defending land that was not your own.”

“We were defending our families, first and foremost.” The honest Dwarven Lord spoke plainly and true.

Tenebrous chuckled. “Even still, you helped defend us as well. Soon enough your people will be able to leave for a fresh start. If that is what you wish. They are welcome in my nation. After all the bravery that they’ve shown, it is the least that I could do.”

“Thank you. But we shall be leaving to greener pastures. To find a land all our own.”

“Very well. In the meantime, we shall tend to your wounds and see what these Demons might have next in store for us.”
pUg3uYBRPLQNBI7hRIIvYoh5ls9bzbCfiaCAODbvDK0pzWWWdm6ahaszcAKBNSBwHJ6lUCe0yBRu32cNLwrQKGb0MQ6zcPuHSpZkE2yM6eGr5EbtOEhFfAHEJw13Yilxf_4_vSN8=s0

LoreMasters of Isis

High Priestess Amanitore had begun the removal of her people from their native deserts to the lands far above, the Grand Floating Island of the Dragons. Drakenguard had graciously offered such a prestigious and private location for her people. IN fact, they would be the first non dragons that would be taking residence there. And that fact alone, meant the world to her.

The Dragons were a naturally magical race, with access to innate magical abilities and research that she could only imagine. After all, it was their magic that enabled the construction of the teleportation grid that they have set up in each and every settlement that is a part of the Imperium . Such an impressive piece of Magical Engineering. And now she was going to be near the center of that. Of all the things she could learn. On top of the education from Regalia.

Amanitore was supervising the construction of her new capital. It was going to be as her previously conquered capital, but far grander, with the magic inherently built into it. Her Palace would become a place of learning for all who wished it. She would make sure that each and every one of her people were able to get an education and that none of them would ever be slaves.

Soon enough, she would be secure in her place in the world. As the eldest, she no longer had to be upset that power had passed over her hands. She would institute a better way of power transfers and it wouldn’t be limited by gender.

It was while she was deep in these thoughts that Xixus flew in nearby and she realized that there was an encroaching fog. He looked worried as he landed and that made her feel worried.

“High Priestess Amanitore, the Dark Dragons have returned. They have allied themselves with the Demons to take out all of DrakenGuard. They know that if we fall, so too do the skies.”

Amanitore took out her book that she always kept at her side, feeling her magics well up inside her. “They won’t threaten the skies for long, Xixus. Not for long.”

Immediately, she started summoning up wisps of wind, growing greater and stronger. The fog began to dissipate, no longer able to to be fully sustained due to the more powerful winds that were keeping them apart. Revealing a large flying horde of Dragons that had been attacking further off at the Drakenguard capital.

Some had broken through and had begun attacking her people, here. No. That would not do at all. Using her powerful magic, she began to blow them away. Some of them were sent flying far away, while others crashed hard into the ground, many of them no longer moving.

A creature made of shadows rose up from the fallen dragons, raising its arms up in the air. The Dark Dragons that had fallen from the skies were resurrected as undead dragons.

Amanitore cracked her knuckles as she opened up her book to the appropriate page. “Two can play at that, my friend.”

Undead Giants and Soldiers rose up from beneath the ground, roaring in defiance of the very sky itself. The undead dragons advanced, slashing and gnashing at anything they could get ahold of.

While the soldiers fell easily to the large undead dragons, they were merely a distraction for her undead giants with whom were strong and resilient. They smashed Dragon after Dragon, with the Shadowy figure darting to and fro attempting to bring in more.

Amanitore herself walked forward through the battlefield, chaos all around her as undead were smashed to bits, gnashed into splinters or thrown high into the air. She did not care. Her only focus was on the shadowy figure. It was the cause of this and it was damaging the area that was to be her new Capital. This was to be the crowning achievement of her people. The place that would be the seat of power for Isis and her Lore Masters.

Cornering the shadowy figure between two fallen dragons, it seemed so small now. She reached out with her hand, squeezing it slightly, her long fingernails scraping up against it. From her satchel, she took out a glass jar, stuffing the shadowy figure within.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure that you will come in handy, eventually. Even if it is just for research and study.” Amanitore gave a devilish grin as she hopped up on top of Xixus.

“Come on Xixus, we have to go help out Rex. The rest of you, meet us there if you can.” The High Priestess barked orders.

“I don’t think I’ve ever met a Grounder as Impertinent as you, Amanitore.” Xixus snorted as he readied his wings.

“I’m sure. I’m one of a kind Xixy”

She flew on her Dragon Companion as the Undead Giants lurched forward towards the larger scale battle.

King Rex was locked in a dead heat of battle with his brother as the remaining Dragonkin duked it out. Both sides seemed relatively equal. Both sides consisted of powerful warriors that had not fought for a long stretch of history.

Rex was huffing as he landed on a perch of Rock. “You must be feeling tired, Brother. I suggest that you surrender.”

His counter part landed on an opposite perch of rock, also huffing. “No. I have plenty of energy and could do this all day. All day.”

“Surely you must realize the futility of your actions. Your forces can’t win here. This land is not for you.”

“Then who is it for, Brother? Is it for the humans, the Grounders that you are supposed to protect from above. But now you’re letting them up on the holy islands. That is a mistake.”

“They have earned their place up here. I have seen what they are capable of. And many down below hate and distrust them. If I had done nothing, they would have been wiped out. And I could never let that happen.”

“Oh, never let that happen? Hmm?” I seem to recall that you stood by and did nothing while Messania almost wiped out the Takrians.”

“That was different. Our military powers were barely reawakened by then. We couldn’t hope to stand against their barbarian might.”

“Oh yes, I’m so sure that that is the reason. And it has nothing to do with the fact that they have come from beyond the stars.”

“It had not.”

“You are a fool, Rex. And not even an idealistic fool.”

The wind started to pick up. Amanitore flew past the brothers while on Xixus, causing Dark Dragons to fall out from the sky. Those that managed to survive on the ground, were soon enough attacked by Undead Giants, making their survival a failure.

“This isn’t the end, Rex. I will have my revenge one day. RETREAT!”

The leader of the Dark Dragons fled as fast as he could with his remaining forces. The assault of the Floating Island was a failure.

“Thank you for the assistance, High Priestess Amanitore. Your arrival was most timely. I believe that if you had not shown up with your forces, he would have fought until the end. And then who knows how many would have fallen.”

“No problem, Rex. It’s the least I can go for the new home. Which is now, our new home.”

King Rex smiled. “Yes. The floating island is now ours to share.”

The Order of Kerem
S6UlzJosxx6c2LkXds1IdocMacs573TkP6naDz9S2YcSTuWSKUrUGuFuA8uL0uAQGHzGtL-dCOo1sTsfoD8zIXKVGwbkoT2IST8hR_tb7YDOzjshc1C_NPwcvM_7oJqtOs8QJ_Tp=s0

They knew that they were going to be late. It wasn’t their fault. When they received the summons, they were all the way on the other side of the continent practically from their home. Or at least their adopted home.

Also they had to get used to a fantastical change that had overcome all of them. They had each transformed into the Oni from the legends. White long hair, Horns, fangs and colored Skin. The Eldest Brother was Blue, the youngest Brother was red and the middle child was white. From what they could gather from other Oni travelers, it was the final part of a transformation that turned all members of the Oni bloodline back into their true form of Oni. Which included the brothers.

The Brothers 3, sometimes known as the Warriors 3, always worked in conjunction with each other. They were very rarely apart. In fact, their fighting style hinged upon the 3 of them working together in battle. Granted, each was a great warrior individually, but together, they were practically an unstoppable fighting force.

They rode as fast as they could for days on end. Taking only the barest minimum of rests to keep functioning. But they knew that they were going to be late. These Remnants were much closer to the Capital, and even with a powerful weapon such as the Grand Isopod to defend their home with, they could only hold out for so long.

They knew that The Order of Kerem was a mostly peaceful nation. They weren’t warriors or fighters. They were traders and budding businessmen. War was not their business. Trade was. And the three of them should have been their to defend their new home. But they were it as explorers, a noble goal, of course. But it left their home defenseless for what had come.

Arriving at the outskirts of the Capital, they found an unsettling sight. The Capital had clearly fallen. The flag of the Remnants flew high in the city and its troops defended its walls. But it wasn’t against an Order or even any of their allies that the Remnant was fighting against, it was a Demonic Army.

The brothers had heard rumors that these were a major threat. But thats all it was, rumors. Here and now, in person, they were seeing creatures that seemed to break reason. Objects of flesh and bone, that must of one point been people, but now had taken on strange shapes were throwing themselves at the walls while Ogres covered in Black Sludge engaged with the troops.

The Eldest Brother swooped in with a blade, cutting down one of the strange abominations with a squelching noise. “Well, what are you two waiting for? An invitation? We got a city to save!”

With that, he continued onwards, shaking his younger brothers from their reverie as they ran after him.

The Brothers moved as though they were lighter than air, dancing around one another, cutting through the monsters that infected the desert grounds.

The beasts yowled and roared, strange things as most did not have mouths of any kind. These creatures came from nothing and the brothers would return them to nothing. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

“You Fleshlings do not understand. Our Demonic Lord does not need your cooperation, or even your surrender. You’’l die one way or the other if you do not serve. Fail to aid him in this world and you will become like this. Beings of flesh and mass, but no true consciousness other than an eternal torment.” The Dark words were spoken by an especially obese Ogre leading the front lines and engaged in fighting with a heavily armed and armored man in bronze.

If the brothers didn’t know any better, they would have said he was an Eovian soldier. Perhaps a survivor? Supposedly the Remnant was made up those that were lost and forgotten in this part of the continent.

“Demonic Whelp. We will never surrender. And if we did, it wouldn’t be to such foul simpletons such as yourselves. Your troops can barely fight. How can you hope to conquer us?”

The Ogre smiled, causing more sludge to leak out of its mouth. “With eternal numbers, mortal.” He cackled as he slammed one foot and the ground cracked open. More of the strange creatures burst out. The Remnant forces moved to engage.

“What’ll we do?” The youngest brother asked.

“Yeah, they won’t hold out for long if we just sit here.” The middle brother seemed ready to jump into the fray and was merely waiting as a courtesy to the others.

The eldest brother seemed to be thinking on this before he spoke out loud.
“Surely a most important decision. However, in reality, there is no choice. If we let the Remnant fall, then surely the Order will fall as well. And we would become Ronin once more. We must aid them in their battle, for it is also our battle.

The other two nodded as they charged into battle. Ripping, slicing, tearing and crushing through the opposition. Even through an endless horde.

It wasn’t long before the trio arrived at the battle of this Sludge Ogre and the leader of the Remnant.

“Halt Villain. You will trouble this city no longer.” The youngest brother announced, blade pointed at the beast.

The Ogre turned, a look of confusement on its face. “What? Have you brought a trio of clowns to entertain me while we fight in hopes of getting me to lower my guard?” He jumped up in the air, slamming both feet down on the ground, causing the youngest brother to almost lose his balance.

“Be careful. If you fall, you might not be able to get up.” Aggrapa yelled out to them as he pointed to the ground. It was covered in sludge that was almost constantly moving. He soon charged at the Ogre, heavy spear in his hand. The Ogre deftly knocked it aside, deflecting it into the ground.

The brothers 3 took the opportunity to rush in with their own unique brand of combat. The eldest brother went in for a slash with his blade as the middle one flanked behind him and the youngest hopped up from one of their shoulders to the next, attempting to come down with his own spear at the Ogre’s face.

The Ogre hopped to the side, knocking over the middle brother into the sludge. The two remaining brothers looked horrified, but pressed their advantage on the Ogre, trying to push him backwards.

Aggrapa managed to move through the thick and heavy sludge, pulling at the middle brother’s extended hand. Yanking with all his might, the man was not moving from underneath the waves of blackness. Yank after yank, pull after pull. Aggrapa yelled over to his Ogre General who added his own strength. That was the final straw. The brother samurai came up from the dark sludge, gasping for air.

The elder and youngest brother did not relent their attack. For all they knew, their brother was dead and they would be next. But what would make this worth it all, was if they could defeat the enemy general and save the Capital.

Strike after blow, at speeds that they never would have been capable of in the past, they moved ever closer to the edge of the Spilt open ground.

“See you in hell beast!” The eldest brother gave a powerful kick, causing the Ogre to lose his balance and fall into the endless crevice.

They did it. The Enemy general in this region had been defeated.

Aggrapa arrived with his Ogre and the middle brother. “Good work you three. If you weren’t working for the Order, I’d want you to join us. You’d go far.”

The Youngest brother responded. “Ha. In your dreams.”

The eldest brother smacked him in the shoulder. “Thank you for saving our brother. But it seems that defeating the enemy general did not stop more of the monsters from arriving. If we can’t stop them soon, they’ll overrun this entire area.”

“Yes, well. We’ll have to think of something. Come behind the walls. While we do that, we’ll use the archers and city defenses to our advantage.” Agrrappa led the trio into the city walls.​

The End Part 2

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
oBPYKhPH4-XbW6kQr4eE0LvN8bY2UhYKp5WW6Y-MdtMpoE_LLkCM4pVTA3f-NvXwznGlweblWYTYhvflkPTWqjx2UsLHgSmjPc_3moEoXNSn6vZ6Iy1vaieF65zpuo-7vEAB2JAe=s0

The forest had grown deathly quiet. All the growth that had arrived slowly and with purpose from the Mitsurans in nearby lands had made things much more unsettling for the Ru-Ten. It wasn’t even that it was normal forest growth. That would have not made them so unsettled. It was more that it was spindly, dead looking trees and vines that were appearing. They acted very much as if they were alive, but looked and felt as if they were dead, or perhaps corrupted in some way.

There were those who wished to go out and punch it clean, while others wished to study it and reach their own full potential from the conclusions. It was difficult for them to reach consensus as was all things with the Ru-Ten. Many of them were still tangled up in whom they wanted to support, whether it was the Imperium to the North, or the Grand Western Alliance to the West.

But for the soldiers assembled, the blunt troops for which every problem was a nail, they knew that danger was coming. Something that they would be able to crush. Something tangible. They only didn’t know when. And that bothered the Bentvines.

The Triumvirate that tried to keep things reigned in, and most likely would have if not for one individual who ruined all of their carefully laid out plans.

The people wanted violence and since violence was most likely on its way, they had very little choice in the matter but to let them have it.

It was that night that the Fog rolled in. It was a dense fog that filled the area like a thick gray soup. If one had a spoon, they’d be able to scoop it up. That was when they would be coming. The Bentvines were sure of it. They readied their weapons, eagerly waiting for the first attacker to show themselves.

But it was not until they heard screams from the homes behind them that they realized that the enemy was never planning on hitting them head on. No. They would use cowardly sneak attacks. Attacking defenseless women and children, before coming to fight the true warriors.

Denak-Hai was mad. In charge of this group, he made a decision to press the attack into the unknown. He raised up his fist in the air, “Kill all of the invaders! Let none escape!”

The Bentvines charged into the fog, bursting into each building that they could find. IN some, the occupants had already been killed, but in others, humans covered in thick pulsating vines were being caught in the act of violence.

Denak-Hai threw his fist with a force that immediately knocked out a handful of teeth from the human man before him. They didn’t seem so tough. It wasn’t until he was tackled by two others that were out of his view that he realized that he should have thought a little more before rushing in.

His face was flush with rage. How dare these humans come into his lands and mess with his people. But if they were rustling for a fight, he’d show them the true power of The Body. Tapping into his innate strength, his true power of the body, Denak-HaI immediately threw off his captors, causing them to crack their skulls on the walls as he let loose a primal roar. The remaining human cocked his head as the Bentvine charged at him. Attempting to slash him with his sword did nothing but make him angrier and angrier. The fight only managed to last a few moments, with the humans crushed on the floor and Denak-Hai deep in the triumph of victory, eagerly looking for his next glorious battle.

It wasn’t long before he found it. The corrupted humans were littered all among the settlement, attempting their same murderous rampage, though at this point mostly being stopped by individual Bentvines. The corrupted humans were no match for their strength. Their people were honed for battle, while the humans were not, corruption or no.

It was then that they arrived, something that made Denak-Hai smile under his helmet. Giant beasts made from the very dark and corrupted forests that had begun to encroach upon their lands.

Trees covered in dark flames, Gelatinous Blobs of mounded flesh, Large Felines that had multiple mouths. They approached and began to tear through the Bentivines assembled as it they were nothing.

The footsoldiers that the enemy were attacking with were nothing. There was no value in their corrupted nature. They were not strong enough or worthy enough for those that embodied the values of Strength to bother with.

It was these opponents that were the worthy ones. This would be a true test of their abilities. And should they die? It would be a glorious death, bringing their abilities to the brink. A full test of who they are.

Denak-Hai immediately charged for the Tree of Darke Flames. He wanted to mount its head on his mantle, for all to see his power. Flames of darkness would be nothing before him. He would not allow it.

The Tree sweeped a long flaming arm at Denak Hai, who took the full brunt force of the blast, but managed to hold on tightly with his arm and legs wrapped around it. His own body began to erupt in black flames, scorching his very soul. This did not bother him. The heat was nothing in the face of his impending victory. Let this creature try to defeat him. It would be the battle he had waited his entire existence for. Nothing could be greater than the moment he was in.

The tree beast attempted to shake him off by frantically waving his arm back and forth, but that only caused the Brentvine to dig in deeper. It followed up by trying to smack him with its other arm, but this was the opening that Denak- Hai had been waiting for. Leaping from the first arm, he used the second arm as leverage to gain access to its face which was no longer protected by its gargantuan arms.

He pierced one of the large tree monster’s eyes with his own thick arms, pulling at whatever he could as he, himself was on fire, his very soul hurting from the pain of the ethereal flames. It might kill him, but not before he killed this beast. Not before he showed this beast the true might of the Ru-Ten. Ripping and tearing, the beast howled in pain. The black flames around its body began to start to subside, but Denak-Hai was still alit from the fire.

The Bentvine pulled himself through the hole in the tree that he had made and started punching holes and ripping pieces off of everything that he could. The beast would not be standing for long. He would make sure that it fell before he did. He could feel his own energies begin to fade, his skin blackened from the dark flames, his own essence dripping out of his body.

“You will fall this day, Tree of Darkness. All will know my name, the name of Denak-Hai. The warrior that brought down the Tree that made black flames.!”

The tree collapsed to the ground, as it rumbled from the impact. Denak-Hai was flung from the eye of the tree upon the fall, landing nearby, the flames on his body beginning to subside as the tree’s own flame was extinguished. The tree partially collapsed into rubble as the puppets plants of The Seventh Sire.

Before Denak-Hai’s vision faded into darkness, he could see the plant puppets working with the Bentvines to try to push back the remaining monsters and their troops. He thought he saw something else, but he couldn’t make it out. And at that point, it hardly mattered.

Takrian Republic
TQnZLINhRZnK8izRJQo2sSH9XQY_TZm5rqHGa4y-2nDQ6Q1_ORGR8D98xx60ixax33AE9H4KZNgxQeGzWLA076G52pQqvi_Xba4yLwPlGIP8Zcd8iV20XER6SjVNzNG6uHXJDEvS=s0

The Nazgiran commander once again looked at his new orders from high command. Apparently a transmission was sent from a colony ship that was thought lost a number of years ago. They were out searching for a suitable new habitable location, but crashed. It seems that they had managed to eke out an existence on the planet, but were at one point close to getting wiped out due to a hostile nation that was far more powerful than they were.

Hostile natives were nothing new that he had to deal with. And it wouldn’t be the first time that he had to rescue a colony vessel. Sometimes with a judicious use of force. Many of them seemed to have various mishaps on their collective journeys. An almost certainty when going off into the recesses of space along for long periods of time.

The orders given were to assist the Takrian Republic in their most recent war and then evacuate them from the planet. It seemed that their enemy was a bunch of nonsense though. Demons? They were an ancient myth. Perhaps it was some sort of far advanced nation that put on the airs of Demons? Whatever it was, they would put it to rest and rescue their stranded people, as per their orders.

He had his navigator lay in the course and they began their trip towards the backwater world. The Commander would ensure that his people would be able to escape a hostile world that has been trying to kill them. Casualties would be kept light under his watch.

---------------------------

The Imperium was as ready as they could be. They have been a nation that has been preparing for a Demonic Invasion for longer than any other nation. Regalia had the research, the prowess and the raw ability to safeguard the world from this greater darkness that had previously, eons ago, wiped this planet clean.

All advanced civilizations in this world were destroyed. All that knowledge and technology, lost to the ages. It was only be safeguarded by a scant few. On this continent, that would be among the two powerhouse nations. The advanced medical knowledge from the Oni, Dr Mia and from Regalia, Professor Xentha Lorafina.

If this one demon could be stopped here and now, it would prevent the coming apocalypse. At least for now. Give them more time. They weren’t ready. None of them were. Even with all of their magical research, the Paladins, and the blue fruit. These were the steps in the right direction. But would it be enough? Not if they don’t work together. Not if they don’t put aside their petty differences at least until this major crisis is dealt with. Then, they could go back to killing each other.

Everyone else saw it. More or less. Just not the Oni. Even the Oni’s allies within the Great Western Alliance, The Order of Kerem and Messania. Messania for goddess’s sake. They were willing to see reason. But the Oni refused to relent.

Alexian sighed as he put down the magical hand mirror before him that allowed him to communicate large distances with the others. He had been communicating with his allied forces all morning. Other than the current issues with the Gecklicko Realm, which he will be taking care of once the current threat is dealt with, his allies have been rallying. Both DrakenGuard and Toulais have been dealing with their own issues, but will be supplying their forces by way of the Takrian teleportation grid and join up with the rest of the main force as soon as they are able.

Things were a bit of a mess by the extraneous damage caused by The Oni, but at least by all reports, they had managed to clean up their own mistake, even if they were ridiculously unapologetic about it.

A massive explosion rocked the ground. Was this the beginning of the Demonic attack on the Eastern side? Were they too late to mount the defensive force to contain it?

Before he could even finish these thoughts, his mirror lit up. It was Xentha. She looked rugged and worse for wear, but alive.

“The Steel City...It’s destroyed sir. We never even managed to make it to the basement sub structure that housed the core A.I.. From my own calculations. The machines didn’t very much take kindly to being beaten in a straight battle. They wanted no one to get their spoils. If.. if only we had managed to get here sooner.”

Alexian’s face was stoic. “I am glad that you are safe at least, Xentha. Return home as soon as you can. We still need your expertise in the days to come.”

“Right away sir.” She seemed almost disappointed that she would not be able to stick around and study the wreckage, but even she realized that with the onset of demons, nowhere was truly safe for research.

Alexian crossed his arms, now deep in thought. The Machine threat was removed, fully. They would not have access to those powerful machines, but at least neither would The Oni. And the destruction of the Machines was always on the table. They were a dangerous threat and one that could have turned against them at any given moment.

They wouldn’t be able to wait for the others. They would have to advance with just the forces from Regalia. Alexian gave the orders to march.

----------------------------

The Oni were trying to fight back an endless tide of enemies. The forces of corruption were getting more numerous as they went. Perhaps it was that they had killed the most powerful ones in the area and now only the weakest and freshly hatched and possessed ones were arriving. But even still, they were arriving in droves. For each one that a single Oni killed, two more would take their place.

There was no end in sight.

Even with the greater abilities that being in their true forms gave them, they were still threatened to be overwhelmed. The Azerans and Molemen that had fought by their side had already fallen. All that remained were their own forces. They had prepared to fight with honor until the bitter end.

That was when the ground had exploded. Jin looked up towards the sky and saw metal ships flying through the air. As they passed by, massive explosions dressed down, eliminating hundreds of scores of enemies in a single attack.

Smaller air ships hurled fast metals, taking down handfuls with each fly by. A few of them dropped down to the ground, with armored soldiers emerging. Each carried a weapon that looked like a sleeker version of what the Order had come up with, but they spewed out metal at a much faster rate.

It wasn’t long before their combined might along with The Oni managed to eliminate every single enemy force on the battlefield.

Jin walked over to the obvious leader of the men as he removed his helmet. They definitely looked like the Takrians. Though they held themselves differently and their weaponry was far more advanced than what the Takrians were using.

The Commander held out his hand to shake it, which Jin accepted heartily. “I am Fleet Commander Hurad-Din Fylini of the Nazgiri Star Fleet. We’ve come at the request of The Takrian Nation and their Imperium allies to give you assistance.”

Jin gave a smirk, clearly towering over this armored man. “We thank you for the assistance, but we needed none from the Imperium and their ilk. We would have done fine on our own.”

The Commander stared for a moment before responding. “Despite what you may think of your capabilities, if we had not arrived when we did, you would have been overrun.”

Jin chuckled. “Be that as it may, Imperium “help” usually comes with a price tag and that is not something that we are willing to pay.”

As the pair talked, the Regalian army and the Takrian troops arrived in the distance.

“The only “price” that I’m sure they are here to discuss, is allowing their troops to wipe out the Demon in the forests of the Mitsuran. But, I suppose that you’ll have to discuss it with them.” The Commander pointed at the approaching Alexian with a few of his Generals as well as the Takrian President.

Jin sighed. This was already a long day and he wasn’t mentality prepared to deal with the Regalians on top of it.

The City State of Mesania

iL8yxC7s_m32I0_FKGV-b5h9YbiHYuMuYMts6gXiEZ7M9M81kK0QIKZ6RvDbZy_YVuMTIMgTgPPm8WP0RsyFAOUERPyc4lGjBomKT-8oXcVuhLVg1RU8f41sbLKSoUT8niCZTWnv=s0

Harmost Coreatades Axiomachos could not let this stand. He was a man that was the child of a god. But not just that, he was the one that stood above all of them. He stood above the other children of the gods as the one that would lead them and continue to lead them.

It was his divine right which he secured with both words and brute force. It was something that he would most likely have to continue doing until his last days in the land of the living. And even then, he might still have to do so in the afterlife. It would depend on how the gods were feeling on that day.

The recent wars had both pleased and confused his people. The ones against the normal living nations, well, that was just business as usual. Kill the enemy, take slaves and slaughter those that refuse to listen to reason.

Now the Takrians, those were a people that refused to listen. On multiple accounts even. You’d think that after most of their people were slaughtered, that they might have changed their tune. But no. They remained as defiant as ever, even joining up with the Imperium, the rival power to their own Grand Western Alliance.

Now as he stands on the precipice, he sees the strange and awe filling monsters that their enemy, the demons brings. Standing on an outcrop, near the Order Capital, the Harmost can see the blobs of flesh and other misaligned creatures that looked as though at one point they might have looked normal flesh and bone, but were now irrevocably altered by their new masters.

He raised his blade up in the air and shouted to the heavens, “Ares! We dedicate this victory to you! Our glorious battle will see us crush our foes as we send them to the afterlife. These Demons are no match for your chosen warriors!”

The drums of war began to beat loudly as the Messanian troops down below charged into the enemy masses. The battle raged as the enemy continued to poor out endlessly from the large crack in the ground. But the Messanians did not care. This was glorious battle and they would take on any foe of any number to satisfy their current bloodlust.

-------------------------

From beneath the Capital city, the priests had almost completed their work. For months, they had been conducting their prayers in a ritualistic manner. Following all the guidelines and proper religious observances. It had been going on. There were four priests chanting at one time. When one reached the point of exhaustion, they were switched out with a fresh one. The incense that filled the air was thick with the scent of cinnamon when simultaneously all of the priests stopped chanting.

They could feel it. The universe flowed through them. It had heeded their call.

Kerem.

In the midst of all the fighting, a soft glow began to emit itself in the middle of the battlefield. At first it was subtle, but soon enough it was almost blinding in its extremity before solidifying into a being twenty feet tall. Its majesty was clear, as was its intentions when it caused the blobs of darkness and malformed creatures to disintegrate into nothingness.

The messenians cheered. A god was among them and fighting on their side. Was it one of theirs, or one of the others, who knew at the moment and who truly cared. They had a divine fighting with them. That would easily tip the battle into their favor.

And it wasn’t that much longer until they all pushed their foes back. Without a moment’s notice, The Avatar of Kerem used its energies to seal the Crack in the planet, stopping the flow of further creatures of darkness from emerging.

With being cut off from reinforcements of darkness, the remaining blobs and other characterchures of living flesh and blood creatures merged together into a massive Beast, towering over the Avatar of Kerem.

While Kerem and the others were taking a moment to size it up, the Giant Beast roared, black goopy spittle the size of cows fell to the ground below, killing a poor Messanian that did not move fast enough out of the way.

Kerem began shooting energies at the foul creature, which began to shoot its own goopy sludge back in response. It seemed almost a stalemate. Something which flabbergasted the assembled Order members that had arrived on the wall to watch the showdown. How could the Avatar of the Universe, not immediately crush all foes before it? Was it not made up of the very universe itself? Was the Avatar not going to be the answer to their prayers. Would they all perish here, in the city that was their home?

The nearby Harmost was not going to let the Avatar of a God have all the fun in this encounter. No. He was certainly not. Rallying his men, he charged forward, slashing at the goopy legs, causing the beast to howl in pain, and miss its own mark. The Avatar’s blast hit clean and true, smashing right into its chest, causing it to collapse on the ground and shatter back into its component pieces.

“How weak. I would have liked it to have lasted a little longer.” The Harmost announced as he begun smashing the monsters into oblivion. It was doubtful that they would arrive at any afterlife. At least not as they were.

Between the Messanians and the Avatar of Kerem, the remaining battle was short and sweet.

“These Demons were weak. Certainly not as strong as monsters that I have fought before.” The Harmost chuckled as she spoke to the assembled members of The Remnant and The Order.

“Only because we had killed their corrupted Ogre Leader. That made them far weaker.” The leader of The Remnant responded with. “But you all fought well. Something that I would not expect any less from those who are descended from Eovia.”

The Harmost looked at the armor of the Remnant leader. “Ah, yes. It does make sense based on your dress that you were from the Eovian army. They fought well, but were no match for our cunning in battle as well as the Strength of The Oni.”

“We were overconfident and not expecting such resistance outside of our home lands, I think. I can’t say what our leaders were thinking. Now, I think that a victory such as this requires a victory feast.”

Regalia

UJiodYyBL4vvin_lyeXtORQbgIqbwGj6WXlVg2NOWbz0o7CXuciFhdxgaMB4aUrRJVbdWgHgJrWF5raKhokypqGroGvvAOitSho2WW8VB9z6UV8HdjxE08ZFl3MJyVt66hIVa1lB=s0

A tent was brought out for the negotiations. If there was one thing that the Imperium preferred doing, it was to do things in somewhat comfort, even if that comfort was in the middle of a crater that was once a city of fabulous Old World strength. Seats were provided for each member and there was a table in between them.

Alexian was flanked in seats by Derrin, the Devourer and Sparda, the Paragon. With the Takrian President sitting off to the side. Jin was flanked by Samanosuke and Kawada with Chunk standing behind them, eating a hunk of meat and chewing loudly and proudly, ignoring any and all etiquette.

For the sake of acquiring any actual agreement, Alexian put the loud chewing out of his mind. The ogres were known for their voracious appetites and poor manners. He did not even address the elephant in the room, the vast change that the Oni had undergone and turned into a very demonic looking people as well. He did know that they were not demons or else this very conversation would not be happening and they would all already be dead. Even if their new appearance did put him on edge, he did not show it, being a perfect being of stoicism.

“We wish to pass into and through the Mitsuran forests so that we can fight and take out this Dark One of the Forests. Even though I know that you didn't sign the treaty, we still plan to uphold our end. But before we can keep any lines in place, we must all work together to take out this Demon. The longer that we wait, the stronger that it becomes. And if we wait too long, it will subsume all of Mitsura and grow even stronger.”

Alexian looked over at his commanders before speaking further. Derrin looked as though he didn’t care for this meeting and would have preferred to just have continued onwards. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. While Sparda looked as though he was trying to anticipate what Jin was thinking in order to offer up advice, a difficult prospect. The Takrian President seemed to be taking notes.

“We know that your army has already fought the Demonic forces and even defeated the Black Petal. As such, they are probably exhausted and in need of rest. We are not asking you to fight by our side, merely let our troops pass so that they can do the job that they have been trained for, killing a Demon.”

Jin listened quietly and calmly as the leader of the Imperium spoke before he began his own words. “First, I will say that it was wise of you to talk before crossing the border into Alliance territory, but that said, even diminished, our troops are still eager to fight. We have crushed the Black Petal, this time for good and soon we will crush this Dark One of the Forests….”

Kawada interjected, “....and we don’t need any gajin to do that. We’ve done well in all our battles so far, even….”

Jin raised his hand, cutting off the rest of the words of the son of Lord Jigamundo. “We will allow this. As long as we agree that after we defeat the demon, that no Imperium troops will be east of the Takrian Mountains and…..” Jin looked around the room, ready to gauge the reaction of those assembled. “....Any Gecklicko that wishes it, may join the Western Alliance without any reprisals.”

With that, Derrin hopped up to his feet, slamming both fists on the table. “That is unacceptable. I fought too long, too hard, and lost too many men getting those damnable Geckos on our side to lose them that easily! I have half a mind to…”

Alexian shot Derrin a withering look and he slowly returned to his seat, sentence unfinished. Alexian looked clearly unsettled as well, breaking through his facade of stoicism, but there was very little to be done if he was to have their cooperation. He used magic to conjure out the agreement out of thin air, as was previously done at the Peace Summit.

“This contract is outlining that in exchange for allowing the Imperium forces through the Western Alliance’s lands, specifically the Mitsuran forests to fight the Demon called the Dark One of The Forests, the Imperium is giving up any and all future rights to the lands east of the Takrian (Formerly Dwarven) Mountains and any member of the Gecklicko Nation that wishes to, will be granted amnesty and full rights within the Grand Western Alliance. Once you sign it, the contract will be binding and we can move on to protecting the world.”

Jin carefully reread the contract to make sure that it was truthfully outlined and then signed his name. He was getting what he wanted and in an official capacity. He knew that if the Imperium reneged on any of the deal, that he would personally see to their ruination. He spoke up after signing.

“We do not have any time to wait. We must attack now with the forces that we have.”

Alexian’s response was immediate. “Agreed. As much as I would like to wait for the reinforcements from the Imperium, the longer that we wait, the more entrenched that the Demon will become. We cannot let the Mitsuran Forest fall.”

---------------------------------------

The Green petal had been rallying her forces, the forces of the Kaminoki. She had heard the rumors of the return of the Black Petal and already repelled several attacks on the capital from those with the red rubies.

It was strange that not only did the Black Petal managed to live undetected by the the Kaminoki for so long, but that it managed to acquire such a large following. It was known that the basic Mitsuran was a follower, a joiner, but to have so many go missing and not knowing it was troublesome.

The last attack had been over eight hours ago at this point. She had the feeling of a larger attack that was coming. Perhaps it was the time that the true Demon would be emerging. Perhaps he would be taking them by force. It was known that they did wish for similar things, which is why they had managed to get along so well in the past. It was something that allowed them to be so easily corrupted. But now they will have to stand strong. They needed to survive so that they could spread their seed throughout the universe, to other worlds and places.

She directed the troops as the sounds of the enemy were beginning to approach. They would fight against the darkness.

-------------------------

Navigating the Mitsuran forest was no easy task At least not for anyone that was not a Mitsuran. The Oni were able to find a non corrupted Mitsuran to help them navigate through the dense jungles, forests and swamps that existed within its entirety.

To be safe, the Oni had the Mitsuran under guard and a Regalian Paladin was nearby as well to aid in the detection of any demonic abilities or troops.

Derrin slashed through some nearby foliage as they waded through this newest section of jungle, avoiding the areas that they were warned about with the dangers that would slow down anyone that was not weary.

“Tell me again Brother, why must we work with these Oni? We were able to take out that Dwarven Demon with just our own forces from Regalia. I was even able to defeat that Demon, by myself.”

“How quickly you forget, dear brother. The loss of life during that battle was immense, and most of it was from that singular demon that even while you defeated it, injured you greatly. I feel that sometimes these lessons don’t sink in deep enough with you. And that worries me. Especially with what I heard about you returning from the Tower to the North.”

Derrin continued walking, but was silent for an uncomfortable amount of time. That Tower had indeed taught him many things. Things he wasn’t sure that he was ready to learn. Least of all was the gift of a true defeat. He knew that he had almost died there. And for what? Ultimate Power? He didn’t achieve it. And he didn’t like the future that he was shown either. If it was a true possible future for him. Being subservient to someone else, was not the kind of future that he desired.

“I was more desturbed that you had been captured by the Messanians. They could have killed you. And if they had, I wouldn’t have rested until I had slaughtered each and every one of the barbarian bastards.”

Sparda chuckled. “Yes. I guess its a good thing that they didn’t kill me then. Whom else would you tell your diabolical plans to?”

Derrin gave him a playful punch and turned back to the matter at hand, this dense jungle.

Mitsura
SCHAHnonN67fR1D1ZHA2c5w4DofRkdj3Zg4L48Y9bkUtEhn7728b9NEgXe9C2INorUGT7jkKw2ywKLcWIplABELb5r0JIUHFp84JAYU4oqLlFKEHZZ2T971JdwtqtndKMtX3x-P-=s0

The battle had been joined. The Dark One of the Forests could feel them. He could feel his corrupted children fighting. Those that had been taken in by the rubies, those who had been bribed, those who had been possessed by demonic entities and those whom had been transmogrified into hideous beasts.

All of his new children had begun fighting with his enemies. The nations of the world. They would fall to his might. No matter how many of his children that they killed. No matter how many followers or cultists died in his name. He would remain victorious.

For he was free. His true power could now enter the battlefield where they could see the actual strength of a Demon and not just a demonic entity. These fools only faced the barest of demonic power before and only with everything that they could muster were they able to push it back.

They were engaging now with the troops in the forests. The Mitsurans were dying, and so were his mitsurans. They were a weak breed, but easily corrupted. He must make sure to continue them under his service when the nations have all fallen. They make wonderful pawns.

Oni and Regalian troops began to charge at the visage of the Dark One as he emerged from the deeper treeline. The light glow of the flames erupting from his orifices as he smacked them all backwards with a large sweep of his right arm.

“Is that all you have, Mortals? I was expecting a deeper resistance than this!” A deep rumbling chuckle filled the forest.

Alexian emerged from fighting on the back line at the appearance of the Demon. If anyone was going to fight it, it was going to be him. He concentrated and summoned a powerful ice storm, causing it to attack all of the demonic entities. Many collpased in pain upon the ground before turning into icicles, while the Dark One remained unfazed as it removed the slight frost from its fingertips.

Kawada and Chunk charged at the large tree like demon, as flames came bursting out of its mouth. Kawada deftly dodged out of the way, but Chunk took the blast straight on. The true Ogre way. A bit extra crispy, but not showing any signs of slowing down, Chunk swung his club hard against the demons knee, causing a slight crack as his club shattered into million pieces. Kawada followed up with a slash, deepening the weakness.

The Dark One howled as it smacked Kawada backwards with one arm, while grabbing Chunk in the other, squeezing tighter and tighter until it seemed as though the plump ogre might just pop.

Seeing a grand opening, Derrin and Sparda charged forward, dodging enemy blows and striking fast and hard. The duo worked in complete concurrence, acting almost as one on the battlefield. An ultimate offence and defence, they were practically untouchable.

Sparda tossed Derrin forwards, allowing his spear to connect with the partially exposed kneecap. The Dark one howled again as some of its energies began to be drained. It was then that he threw Chunk at Derrin, flinging the two backwards and the Devouvere to be stuck underneath heavily charred Ogre flesh.

“None of you will escape here alive. All of your attempts to defeat me are futile. Causing me slight pain will only delay your inevitable!” The Dark one began to heal the injury that was made as the Demonic troops and those of the Oni and Takrian/ Regalian fought.

The sound of loud screeching metal could be heard as a large mechanical came almost flying through the dense brush. Damage from the metal beast from the forest defenses made it seem as though it shouldn’t have made it through, but it did.

It was Getta’s mechanical. As it flopped in, its powerful laser fired at the Dark One, blasting him squarely in the face. More angered than hurt, it fired back with its own Dark Flames straight from its mouth. The back and forth continued for a few moments as what remained of the Gecklicko forces engaged with the demonic entities.

Sparda and Kawada rushed over to Chunk and Derrin respectively. “We have to get your friend off of Derrin. Yes. The ogres are tough, and I do believe that they both live.” The pair began to attempt to push the obese ogre off of Derrin as the battle raged around them.

The sound of a loud explosion could be heard as Getta’s mechanical flew to pieces with the Gecko still inside. It’s laser was no match for The Dark One’s flames, though it had bought time for the rest of the Allied troops to recover and fight back.

A roar could be heard from the South. Clearly this was it. They were about to be over run from monsters and creatures from the South. Jin and Alexian turned to see what sort of new disaster was arriving.

Instead of a horde of monsters, it was Agathos and The Mighty Minataur with half of the Messanian Army. Behind them, the other plant nation, The Ru-Ten with their army had also arrived.

“In the name of the True Gods!!!” Agathos shouted as the allied horde joined the fray, cutting down demonic forces like they were going out of style. The remaining fighters began to fight with renewed vigor as they were reinforced. The side of the Demons was beginning to thin out.

Alexian turned to Jin. “Together, we can end this. With your strength and my magic, we can defeat this Dark One once and for all. Our people have weakened it, but now, together, you and I can stop this Demon.”

“Then do not waste your time with words. Let us act and I’ll follow your lead. But do not test me.” Jin responded, staring at the Dark One as it begins to grow in size and light completely in a flame of darkness.”

Alexian ignored the comment as he reached out to Jin’s blade, covering it in a thick film of ice. A moment more and the thick film shrunk down to barely visible as a ring of floating ice moved around the blade.

“On my word, strike it in its heart. But not before and nowhere else. Otherwise this plan will be for naught.”

Jin nodded as Alexian focused a powerful ice blast at the knee. It was at the moment that Samanosuke had arrived nearby and gave a strong slash to the knee, causing a momentary collapse of the Dark One.

Down on one knee it went, giving the briefest of openings. “Now Jin!” Alexian shouted. With almost blinding speed, The Emperor charged forward, driving the icy blade into the chest of the Dark One. It pierced through as a hot knife through butter, driving deep into the monster.

“NOOOOOOO! THIS CANNOT BE! I HAVE FINALLY BEEN FREED FROM MILLENIA OF ENTRAPMENT! I WAS TO BE THE HERALD OF THE DEMONIC RACE! THE SECOND COMING OF THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS WORLD! THIS WAS TO BE MY VICTORY!”

Alexian slowly walked over to the collapsing demon. “Your kind will never be welcome here or on any world. You will never be victorious here.”

Not long after, the remaining Demonic forces were routed. Alexian walked over to Jin. “As per the agreement, as soon as we gather up our wounded, we will be leaving your territory and not venture forth beyond the Eastern side of the Takrian Mountains. We may not have seen eye to eye on most things, but at least we were able to work together to defeat the Demons and keep our world safe.”

Jin gave a slight bow of his head to Alexian. “Yes. Or nations may be rivals at best and enemies at worst, but I prefer an enemy that will not destroy this world and many others should they be victorious. Hopefully we will not be meeting on the battlefield.”

“Agreed.” Alexian went to return to his own affairs of state.

-----------------------------------

The Mitsurans, under Oni guard, treated the wounded. The Oni didn’t want another incident like what had happened at the ruins of the steel city. Within a few days, all the remaining armies were on the march, returning to their homelands, victorious against the Demonic threat. Soon each nation would return to the status quo. The two Alliances would most likely enter into a period of peace at least and hopefully a situation where they were in a cold war, rather than all out war and destruction.

The Green Petal was deep in these thoughts when a single Gecklicko approached wearing a very large and oversized backpack. “I have something that might help you.”

She motioned for him to come forward and he opened the backpack. Inside was the head of a machine. “I have had this machine for long before we Gecko left our home city. It was to be our salvation, but it was forgotten about after the machines from the Steel City asked for it. It asked for you.”

The Green Petal picked up the machine’s head as its eyes glowed a soft orange and it spoke. “WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS, GREEN PETAL.”​

Epilogue

The sun shone on Mitsura’s vast jungle. On the surface all seemed deceptively calm. Hoshi relaxed in the sunlight or were asleep in the shade. Peace had been restored to the world and Mitsura had put great effort in rehabilitating their image after the demon scandal. The jungle remained dangerous with its wild animals and poisonous flora, but it was open to outsiders.

Outsiders who were not informed of the new system of tunnels and chambers that was being dug beneath the roots of the world tree. Roots from the Kaminoki ran down there, roots unlike any a tree had ever had. Roots made of metal, which could think by themselves.

Unbeknownst to the other nations an unlikely alliance had been forged beneath the shade of the jungle roof. Two entities, so different they might as well have been night and day, had a conversation of five minutes in which everything that could have been spoken was. Five minutes in which both minds were allowed to think at their full capacity. Five minutes to form an eternal alliance.

They had been enough.

And once those five minutes were done, they got to work. In the grand scheme of things this world meant little. Seicho, the great bloom, it could only be achieved out there. The Great One understood that now. Why settle for a single world, when you could have thousands? He had also learned that he was going to need more power.

To that end he had started several different projects. He had begun adapting the knowledge of the old world, provided by C.O.R.E., to suit his own creations. Natural growth replaced machine parts. Chips replaced by fire resistant fungi, grown in specific patterns. He was adapting the hoshi to make them stronger and smarter, capable of wielding the complicated machinery he and C.O.R.E were developing beneath the ground.

Advanced weaponry and armour, artillery capable of destroying ships that travelled the stars, poisons and antidotes, everything Mitsura could obtain or produce was used. But this sprawling underground network of activity wasn’t the nation’s greatest achievement.

In a different location a ship was being built. It was the first ship the Mitsurans ever build and it was proving a challenge. Hundreds of Niwashi were busy around the vessel. The skeleton of it stood proudly, ancient wood keeping it upright. The pre-historic timber was harder than even the toughest of alloys, but it required dozens of Niwashi to fabricate it.

The vessel was shaped like a spire. On the inside it was going to be fully self-sustainable, with a permanent niwashi crew. A crew who would have but a single mission, travel the universe and drop seedpods on every world.

A great bloom across untold worlds lasting an eternity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-epilogue

Somewhere in the capital on a compost heap, something cracked. A block of wood shaped like a hoshi had split apart. The Red Petal crawled over the compost heap. Its hand opened on something sharp. When it looked, it saw the shards of a red ruby. It was dull, no power left in it. And yet. The smell. It compelled the Petal.

It brought the powder to its nostrils and sniffed inquisitively. The dust shot up into its nose. The hoshi’s eyes got a reddish glow and her muscles relaxed. Hyper aware of her surroundings she sought out as many rubies as she could.

There was power in this dust, she could smell it and she wanted more. She knew of a few hoshi who would be interested in the dust. Good friends of the niwashi caste. The Red Petal’s shadow rippled, and for a second the shade of the trees seemed to cling to her fingers. Nonsense of course.

In the distance she saw a structure that reeked of magic. With a whistle the Red Petal started walking. She was feeling very good, and it hardly mattered that she had trouble remembering how she got here.

As she walked towards the spiral structure, the shadows of the trees seemed to bend to hers, feeding it.

EPILOGUE

Unified and safe from the dangers of this world and any others, Zanzir basked in the beauty of the desert sun once more. With the many changes occurring in the world, Zanzir was in a prime location to grow and prosper. Being a neutral nation living in an age of cooperation and discovery, Zanzir would benefit from trade with both sides of the continent. Wealth, knowledge, and support from the once warring factions would help push them into a future that past Kings and Queens could only dream of.

The greatest endeavor and first priority was the construction of the Walls of Unity. Designed with the help of the Dwarven Lords prior to their departure, king Tenebrous spared no expense when it came to fortifying the land bridge and the desert in its entirety. Adorned with gold, enhanced with Dwarven runes, and decorated with statues of heroes who battled the demon tide, the Walls of Unity were to be the greatest feat of construction the continent had ever seen.

And while the King believed that pain and a common foe would bind them all together in a lasting peace, he was no fool. With his traitorous sister still free and now leading a nation of her own it was more crucial now than ever before that the spy network be utilized to protect Zanzir. In Raven’s Heart a construction site had been set aside for what would become the new headquarters for Tenebrous’ spy network. He had begun recruiting new members in droves and using harsher methods to ensure their absolute loyalty.

It was decided that the Black Market needed to be an even greater secret and to that end Tut, Master of Coin, suggested the market’s location be changed regularly and that only the most worthy guests would be invited to browse its stalls. Tenebrous also approved the selling of far more nefarious and illegal items, provided the crown received a cut of the profits.

The city of Sun’s Spire became a naval hub with ships coming and going from its docks at all times of the day. Work has begun on a canal that will allow ships to cross the landbridge for quicker travel times. The greatest structure however will be the Continental Alliance Hall. Designed by architects from all over the continent, the building will serve as a memorial to the accomplishments achieved when the nations of the continent set their differences aside, as well as functioning as a meeting place for world leaders to gather on neutral ground without armies.

Kerem’s Reach has been refocused on faith and ensuring that morality stays a prime focus of the people. It has also become the launching point for the construction of Zanzir’s first floating cities.

“Though it was hard fought and there were losses that can never be replaced, we have achieved peace. And I promise to do everything in my power to ensure that it lasts long after I am gone!” A town cryer read Tenebrous' message to the people, in the city’s night market.

EPILOUGE

Relocation to the floating island of the dragons would be a long and tiring endeavor, but definitely the first step towards a prosperous future for the new Queen and her people. From the sky above, all the world seemed so small and the worries that plagued her before seemed trivial now.

As the foundations for their new home were being laid, Amanitore reflected on the trials she had overcome and the things that she had left behind. There had been very few in the desert who believed she was worthy of leading or ruling and a year ago she would have had no support or power and if you had told her a year later she’d be where she was today, she would not have believed you. To have betrayed her baby brother, caused a civil war, and separated the people of Zanzir. She knew that her father was turning over in his grave, full of anger and disappointment.

“Your Majesty.” Called one of the servants who stood across the room. “The Stewards of Isis are gathered in the council hall.” She announced.

Tired from her overwhelming new responsibilities, Amanitore made the long trip to meet with her advisors. “Greetings everyone.”

“Priestess.”
“Hello my queen/”
“Greetings your majesty.”

The group sounded off simultaneously for the High Priestess’ arrival and when she sat down, they did as well. “Let’s not waste any time. Where are we on the transport of the people?” She asked.

“All is going well and we are on schedule to have everyone moved in time for the agreed upon date. All the texts and property of the College of Isis already made the journey to the island and nothing seems to have been damaged or lost.”

“Construction is going well and with the help of the dragon folk we are making great time. Satisfactory shelters should be up in time for the winter.”

“What about the college? Have we found architects and builders to oversee the new project?” The Priestess glanced around the room at all the faces seated with her.

“We are having trouble finding people, but we have asked the Regalian diplomats to make inquiries on our behalf. It seems that someone has been slandering your name, High Priestess and making it hard for people to trust us.”

Amanitore sighed and shook her head. Perhaps that's what she deserved after having betrayed her ancestors and her brother.

“In better news though, we have dispatched letters of your desire to marry and we have heard back from a few suitable prospects.”

“It seems we are on the right track and making great strides towards achieving our goals.” Amanitore said with a voice filled with hope and optimism. She pushed back from the table and the entire room bowed their heads as she departed. “Keep up the good work everyone.”

Sure the road had been rough and there would likely be more obstacles ahead, but Amanitore felt that she had succeeded where many told her she would fail. The Loremasters of Isis were a free and independent group that she would rule over for decades to come and she knew that with her advisors at her side and the support of the Archon, nothing would stop her.

Upon returning to her office she briefly glanced over a note that she had written to the Archon. It detailed her fears and worries about leading a nation of her own and handling the responsibilities that came along with that. In short it was a request to confederate the Loremasters into Regalia. Caring for thousands of people was a lot to ask of herself when she had only just started leading people, but they had made it this far and sacrificed so much.

For now the letter would sit in her desk. With a heavy sigh she hid the parchment away and plopped down in her seat once more. Now began the long journey to greatness.

Epilogue
WQenqrb8hB8Sr7Yo2eS0JsQd54RzdYA7u9xPELK79XY.jpg
What happened that day, was unknown. although many came to know that the Ru-Ten Amalgam had withstood the onslaught that came in those times, universally it became difficult to say they'd survived it. The entire southern coast in that region had gone dark to most, with messages and spells of observance both blind to the going-ons once directed to that particular patch of the world. With the madness and conflict of both the machines, demons and other conflicts taking up the attention of the other nations, much time passed before any were able to fully investigate what became of Mistura's southern neighbor.

What they found was that the lands of the Ru-Ten Amalgam were completely unrecognizable.

What had once been lands of artificial plant growth mixed with the finest explosion of industrial materials had changed completely, replaced entirely by a single mountainous tree which reached into the heavens. The entirety of Yomus, Vineyar and Rootlane was taken up by that single tree, so large and vast that the resources required to sustain it would go on to stump even the hardiest of scholars for years to come. Its roots so vast and intertwined that the entire region would take the name of the former nation as its title, being known as the Great Amalgam henceforth.

"But what of Gerudo Valley?" Some would ask, only to realize the entire southern portion of the lost nation was just missing in its entirety, as if cut off from the mainland or sunken somewhere into the deep. At the south of the Great Amalgam its massive vines simply plunged directly into the ocean, leading many to guess it was somehow sustaining itself off the saltwater itself. Yet more questions left by the Ru-Ten.

But what of the people that once called the nation their home? Scattered and miniscule were the only descriptors that could be used for the remaining Ru-Ten, a people forced into a nomadic lifestyle by necessity. Some would stay and try to claim the Great Amalgam as their home, but their numbers were few and far between, as the monstrous tree creatures which emerged from the Great Amalgam proved vicious and territorial to all in their domain.

Those that did leave their homelands would go on to become a people prized as mercenaries, the beliefs in the Three Aspects of Strength providing them all the basis needed for them to adapt to their new lifestyle. But what they couldn't provide were answers, as similar bouts of confusion or lapses in memory have been the only thing which questions of the Great Amalgam or their former homeland managed to uncover.

Rom would be one of the only major figures to survive those times, being one of the first of his people to embark from their homeland in search of a new calling. Having been preoccupied by a quest for glory at the time, its stated his reverence for the Aspect of Body was the only thing which kept him from being wrapped up in whatever had stricken his homeland. And though he would mount several campaigns against the Great Amalgam in efforts to discover what had become of the former nation, these would all end in failure.

Captain Crack-Helm and his subordinates were said to still have been stationed in Gerudo Valley at the times of strife, but rumors were all that remained, as they two went missing with those lands.

As for the Last Triumvirate?

They went missing as well, along with their Sirewood. As Yomus was located in the heart of where the Great Amalgam now resides, it is said that many could still be trapped within it or even been the foundation for its growth. Such thoughts would go unbacked, however, as Rom's campaigns failed to breach even the outermost layers of the Great Amalgam. Questions of what had occured in those final days would become obsessions for some and a passing thought for others, as time went on and the Great Amalgam became just another part of the ever-changing landscape.

What had once been a sturdy nation founded on rigorous pragmatism and focus, was now buried under the weight of the massive tree growing over its remains. Soon enough the Great Amalgam would surpass even its forebears in age, and the lands around it would be viewed as nothing more than foggy death lands rife with dangers both known and unknowable. But the Ru-Ten as a people would persevere, adapting to the drastic change as they had time and time again in their past. While some would bemoan the loss of their Nation, they were soon replaced with those eager to simply move forward and leave previous failings to the sands of time.

After all, pitying themselves for their lost lands would not convey the three Aspects of Strength in any manner.\

Brave New World
~ Regalian Epilogue ~
1633661163650.jpeg

• With the fall of the Demons and Robots came an uneasy peace over the land. The Archon's first order of business was to put down the Gecklicko Rebellion, gathering a force comprised mostly of Regalians as well as some reserve units from the loyal vassal states, and they teleported into the Gecklicko capital. The Demons attack on the city devastated much of it, the Regalian forces finding little more than ruins and displaced civilians, while whatever rebel forces that remained simply surrendered rather than fight the overwhelming might of the Imperial Army. The rebels were quickly arrested and imprisoned, along with Getta, the ringleader of this rebellion, and they all awaited trial. Gensari, the Warden of Gecklicko, was immovably furious with the rebellion, and presided over their trials personally.

"Ssssuch arrogencccce!" Gensari fumed in the courtroom, "The devasssstattttion of our fair ccccity is leaguessss worsssse now then it ever had been during the war againsssst Regalia! Your futile act of defiancccce not only tore our nation and people apart, pitted brother againsssst brother, but you played brilliantly into the handssss of the Demonssss! Our people are weaker, fewer, and more impoverished now than we have ever been in our hisssstory, and it issss all becausssse of your maddening bloodlusssst for Regalianssss! Before your rebellion, our people were sssstarting to find our placccce, sssstarting to prossssper and build possssitive relattttionssss with the Regalianssss. All of which you have desssstroyed in a ssssingle day!"

"More livessss have been taken in the lasssst few dayssss than every other conflict we have ever endured combined!" Gensari declared, "Your recklesssss rebellion hassss brought utter calamity upon ussss all! Assss ssssuch, I delare you all enemiessss of the Gecklicko people! You will forever be known as butcherssss, betrayerssss, and kinsssslayerssss from now until the end of time! And there can only be one punisssshment for ssssuch evil in our misssst! I, Genssssari, Warden of Gecklicko, and firsssst among the Council of Gecklicko, ssssentencccce you all to death!"

In the wake of the executions, the Gecklicko started to rebuild their city, with the aid of Regalia. Garli, the Gecko General, was recognised for his valorous defence against both the rebels and the Demons. In death, he was awarded the Star of the Imperium, the first ever non-Regalian to be awarded with such an honour. Once enough of the capital had been cleared and repaired, a full state funeral was held in Zigzarag for Garli, which the Archon himself attended. After the funeral, Regalia commissioned a statue of Garli to be built in the square of Zigzarag, with a plaque heralding him as a Hero of the Imperium.

After the rebels had been brought to justice, Regalia upheld their agreement with the Oni, and any Geckos who wished to leave could do so. Gensari, however, encouraged his people to stay. "Our people will only find bloodsssshed and sssslavery in the Wesssst!" Gensari cited in the publications, "Barbarissssm issss sssstill the order of the day in the Wessst. And desssspite our differenccccessss with Regalia, they have alwayssss helped ussss when we needed it, and they have sssshown ussss merccccy when we would have found only death or sssslavery in the Wesssst. We musssst sssstand together now more than ever before. Prossssperity beginssss at home. And I urge any and all we are thinking of leaving to reconssssider. Whatever bright future you think you may find in the Wesssst will only birth dissssappointment oncccce you get their. But, in the end, your future issss your own. Be wisssse in your choicccce."

~~~

The situation in Regalia was slowly slipping from bad to worse. The strange transformation of the Oni brought fear to much of the people of the Imperium, for the image they saw of the Oni now resembled closely to Demons. Many were convinced that the Oni had fallen to corruption, despite the Oni being free of any detectable demonic corruption. "This must be something new!" One Regalian arcanist told Stine, "Another form of corruption we have not encountered yet, and cannot detect. We cannot risk this infection getting into the Imperium, no matter the cost!" As a result, the Imperium imposed strict isolation between the East and West, permitting no migration of any kind into the Imperium. Those Geckos that leave for the West know that they can never return.

As for the trade deal with Mesania, Regalian companies, who stood independent from the Imperial or national governments, outright refused to trade with the Mesanians, even before the revelations about the Oni became widely known. "Who in their right mind would accept these conditions?!" The head of the Imperial Trade Council declared in the first annual conference, "We must sell our produce to Mesanians at a third of its value, while buying Mesanian goods at three times their value? Utter madness! No trader with any sanity would ever do business under those conditions! I tell the Mesanians this; we are happy to trade with Mesania, but only under fair conditions! Lift these ridiculous restrictions, and we can do business. Otherwise, there are better, fairer, and more profitable ventures for us elsewhere."

Until Mesania changes its trade policies, any chance of mutual prosperity between Mesania and the Imperium withers on the vine.

~~~

With the death of the Demon came the remains of its corpse. In the days immediately proceeding the Demons death, Imperial Templars gathered to take the body back to the Imperium. For their research against the Demons, the value of a demon's corpse cannot be overstated, and the Templars would certainly not waste such an opportunity to use the corpse in their research. After the Templars took it away, no one really knows what happened to it, not even the Archon was informed. But soon after the corpses disappearance, the Templars became a fountain of knowledge regarding Demons, their corruption, and how to fight both.

~~~

As for Alexian, he lost much of his power and influence in Regalia. The compromises he had to make in the cause against the Demons bought him the scorn of the Regalian mages, many of the powerful mage families in Celest turned their backs on him. Without their support, Alexian's plans ground to a halt, and his power dwindled. Even the Magisterium split in its support of Alexian, some Magisters remaining loyal, such as Stine and Nyria, while others turned against him. Thankfully, the discord did not erupt into anything more than political struggles, and no challenge to the Archon was forthcoming. Alexian may not be popular, but none can deny that he is still the most powerful mage in Regalia.

Still, Alexian could not leave things this way. He had brought Regalia from a city state to become the heartlands of an empire, and he would not allow his desperate struggles against the Demons to define this moment in Regalian history. Alexian knew that a bright future lay ahead for Regalia and its people, but not like this. Not stuck here, crushed into a corner by the barbarous West, having their borders forever threatened by unrestrainable Western bloodlust. No, Alexian had to secure Regalia's future, safety, and prosperity. And that could only come one way. The Archon set about his work, planning for the new future for the Realm, and using what power and influence he had left to make it happen. Little did he know how little time he would have to do it.

Last edited:
The battle was over, the reluctant combined might of the continent had defeated the demons. For the Oni however, one key figure and his followers missed the culmination of the widespread battles. Hiroki and his Onmyodo had returned home to the capital unnoticed and for good reason. While Jin and the other warriors fought bravely, Hiroki and the Onmyodo began work at the Great Temple of the Oni. The grand structure pierced the sky such was its height, visible from many miles away atop the grandest of all mountains the world had to offer. Deep within its walls the Great Mage of the Oni was working on a contingency plan to the demon threat, an extreme measure that fortunately he and his people did not need to use. The Lament Configuration was a puzzle box that only Hiroki and a trusted few knew the solution to and its very existence was only known by those individuals. Upon its completion it would reduce the entire continent and all of its inhabitants to ash. It was a doomsday weapon but a last resort, something to be used if the demon threat were to ever re-emerge and only at a time their victory was certain. Only Hiroki, Jin and the most trusted amongst his generals were to ever know the combination. Meanwhile the mages under his tutelage were tasked with maintaining an impenetrable protection field around the temple. As time moved on the Onmyodo of the Great Temple were revered for their devotion to keeping their people safe, even though nobody, not even the Onmyodo, truly knew what they were protecting.

For Jin his first decree was to see the immediate fortification of his homeland. In their true form even the lowliest farmer was more than a threat for even the most well trained human soldier, but it wasn’t enough for Jin. The entirety of their lands was to be walled off behind constructions far surpassing anything the continent had seen previously. Battlements loaded with technological weapons, magical defences and enough room a top them for entire armies to repel anyone stupid enough to try and assault the fortification. Those on the ground would find themselves met by walls reaching high into the sky above while those in the air would be struck down by newly developed weaponry.

The second decree of the Emperor was to sure up his alliance and with that came the offer of marriage to the Harmost of Mesania. Jin’s daughter was not in a position to take over as Empress upon his death but by marrying into the Mesanian hierarchy, it would cement their alliance in matrimony. Jin’s eldest son was heir apparent but was far more diplomat than his sister who was far more deft with a blade than a washboard. She was the perfect choice to offer for marriage and would be able to stand her ground against even the most aggressive of brutes.

The third decree was to form a Gecko University of Technology and provide them with the safety that had been taken from them by the Regalian’s. The small lizards were extremely intelligent and shared a similar skill with technology that Hiroki did with magic. With the help of Dr Mia and her staff, the Gecko’s made some significant breakthroughs, particularly in quality of life improvements that would help improve the standards of living for all in the Western alliance.

The fourth decree was to ensure that from a young age children would be set onto a path towards their greatest specialty. Those with a sense of magic would join Hiroki’s blossoming school. Anyone with a natural talent for fighting would find themselves training with Kawada and Chunk. Those with a great level of intellect would either go to the Gecko University of Technology or to Dr Mia’s facility. Those left would take up the most important of tasks, ensuring the populace was fed and looked after as farmers, entertainers and the many other jobs that were required to make a functioning society.

The fifth and final of his initial decrees was the end of all wars against the Imperium. He had no interest in friendship or the improving of ties, he simply wanted to direct the focus of his people and hopefully his allies towards preparing for any future threats. The demons had presented a stern and testing opponent and Jin still maintained that his people would have seen victory, even if it meant the complete annihilation of the continent. He no longer viewed the Imperium as a threat and his focus was entirely on ensuring that any further demonic incursions were able to be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

----------

As the years rolled on it became apparent that the Regalian’s had disappeared. Words from scouts was that a vast amount of bright lights were seen disappearing up into the sky but since then there has been no sighting of them. Even their allies were left behind to fend for themselves. Jin didn’t ponder the disappearance for long and quite simply viewed them as cowards. Rather than stay and defend their homeworld they instead opted to flee to wherever it was they now called home.

In the few years since the Gecko’s joined with the Oni, they had shown themselves to be far more competent than first thought. They quickly gained the respect of their Oni allies and were given the resources they required to conduct their research. A secret facility was created in the vast wilderness of the western alliance, deep underground. In it the Gecko’s worked tirelessly with some of the most powerful Oni Onmyodo. The aim was to combine the technological might of the Gecko’s with the Oni physical and magical capabilities. The facility was overseen by Samanosuke, his expert knowledge ensuring whatever was created would fit well with the Samurai fighting forms.

For Jin, when he was not attending to matters of national importance, he spent most of his time tending to the shrine of Kubo Midori. The shrine was basic but it was kept so pristine that it seemed far more extravagant than it was. It was a true testament to the former emperor who lived a minimalistic life but had a character that left people in awe. The shrine was open to all Oni to visit and was treated with the utmost respect as if Midori himself was entombed there. He had given his life for his people so they could reach their true potential and discover who they really were and if not for that, the demons may well have won.

BoN: Act 1 Epilogue

Toulais

kKJ80WFjYZHTfkWpuuorMRqFBkFJQGEC1tp9aZqyfKAWdSs0D6De9YzquQX2ENZd1wyEFEYvKQuMuEhb6JiYgd3AZphvqDCmeXcNipGhN4actzEo-dPsDRqyflZl_zOrFYWBVEcJ=s0

Spymaster Marie-Claire Trudeau sipped her wine as she looked over the reports from her field agents and spies. For the most part, things had been looking up for the Imperium after the war had settled down.

The Gecklickos Rebellion had been put down and Order was Restored. Some of the Geckos left the country to accept the invitation of the Grand Western Alliance, but most stayed. Whether it was out of loyalty or fear, she couldn’t be certain however. They were a hard people to read.

The Borders might have changed, putting the Imperium much further back than the expansion had warranted, but all things considered, the monstrous Oni could have continued the fighting and pushed them completely to the brink. For that she had been thankful. As had all of the Wardens, including her own, Gibrian Armeron.

All had become mostly unknown what happened behind the borders of beyond the lands of the Grand Western Alliance. Walls had been erected around their lands, as had the now neutral country of Zanzir, something that must have made them especially happy. One would think that they only joined the Alliance as a case of necessity at the time, considering how often they rebuffed their advances previously.

What had most been troubling her were the reports on the secretive actions of the founders of the Imperium, The Regalians. They became much more closed off, shutting down outside trade even between all the vassals. It was most bizarre. It was something that she decided until she had more information about, that she would not bring it to the attention of Gibrian. He had enough on his plate with all the reconstruction and expansion of the nation.

She would have to wait.

----------------------------------------------

A year later and all had been made abundantly clear. It was now obvious that the Regalians had made a deal with the Takrians to leave the world once they were ready, taking only themselves and all their magical knowledge. That part she only knew from the damages to the university in the skies from the Loremasters. They would recover magical knowledge again in time, but this would have been a drastic setback for their nation were they not in close cahoots with the Dragons. Now, Draconic Magic was becoming the norm, on top of the self taught nature of The High Priestess.

Any of her scouts or spies had returned with deadly sickness and she had Gibrian alert the other Wardens to declare the Regalian lands off limits for fear of too many people wandering into their doom.

The Spymaster would continue gathering data, but had written off the Regalians. They had fled from the Empire that they had started and as such, it should properly begin anew. It was known that Gibrian would be announcing a summons of the Council of the Wardens in order to decide the fate of the Imperium as a whole. It could no longer stand on the previous ceremony as without the Regalians, the power structure would have to be rearranged.

Maire-Claire took a sip of her tea as she penned out some letters. The fate of the Imperium lay in the balance and she had contingency plans, just in case things went south. She was always prepared for things that she can see coming.

--------------------

Dymaeran Remnant
0FUMgYYXwos7TgS1Cd-62nWppYwGnRIxIHgCt0ZjhZWL2mxF0AqapmsBnqWw0zZO12rLcAOhztIZr78KVGLox102Xc7jUPBwKWwELRNcjyIw58ptUOBQZKw5cQ6BzGEij_TnJzCj=s0

Lord Jadom was able to finally breathe a sigh of relief. The fighting was finally done. The Demons have been put back into the ground, not even just banished back to where they had come from, but completely and utterly destroyed. At least for now. And that was what really mattered.

His Dwarven people were able to leave the continent in peace, having fulfilled the end of their agreement, they were provided with boats to find their way elsewhere. This continent had been their home, but now there were too many bad memories there for them. Too many lives lost and families torn apart. It was better for them to start in a place where they could forge their own destinies of greatness and togetherness.

He took a puff of his pipe, blowing the smoke into the wind. Their descendants would be proud of them. He would make sure to give all of his people that traveled with him so far, a permanent home in a new land.

Draken Guard
SmAcsCPZrWMg8hN6hWkMzgpJ8s0NjXxtVKeZEMv6gPjnIqZL_dln9wxhv4aNJNwmnKJpwRIC01ROTpr3kbkCl3ZWWTLJDJiJJ7lEdV9qnF9nJi11RhvRKKFr-nptsk-0gOw11PUH=s0

The new training regimen of the people of the magic university was going well. After the departure of the Regalians from the known realms, there was a lot of cleanup to do with Amanitire’s people. They were a bit distraught having lost everything that they had been working towards, but with draconic magic in place, many of them were able to relearn some of the abilities that they previously had.

Xexis had personally made it his responsibility to teach the former Grounders magic. They were now also of the sky, even though they did not have wings, yet. He knew that the time might come when things were different, and he wanted them to be in his debt. Always looking for an angle to catch hold of, even when it was just doing good work.

The rest of the Drakenkin were helping their new neighbors settle in. As members of the same larger Empire, it would do them no favors to have them left behind. As strong as they are, they can be stronger together.

The Dragons have begun to replenish their forces from all the war and some have even begun to take mates with the Loremasters. There were always members of the Drakenkin that attach themselves to the mortal races and intermingle, it is a fact of life and one that they have not gotten to engage with in a long time, due to their isolation status.

In fact, he might give it a go as well.

--------------------------------------

The meeting was convened in the Council Chambers of the Draken Guard. King Rex sat seated at his place with Priestess Amanitore already seated in the immaculate chair to his right. She gave him a smile. It was due to the efforts of the Dragons that prevented her people from going back into the dark ages of Magic, considering that outside of her magic and her personal tomes, all else had come from Regalia and had disappeared just as quickly as they had come.

Soon enough, the remaining Wardens trickled in: Gibrian Ameron the leader of Toulais, Gensari of the Gecklickos, and Dwalin the Dwarven King.

The only obvious ones not there was the Archon, Sparda himself and the Warden of Takria. Both had left the realm, the planet and the Imperium itself. That was why they were all assembled here.

It was Gibrian who spoke up first as he straightened his jacket. “Hello, fellow Wardens of the Imperium. I have had this council session convened due to the very nature that the head of the Imperium, The Archon himself, along with the founding nation of said Imperium, The Regalians have vanished. By all accounts from my spymaster, it seems that they left the planet when the Takrians did. And while we knew that the Takrians were going to be leaving with their fleet and wished them well, we were all caught off guard by the leaving that The Regalians had done.”

Amanitore stood up and interrupted before Gibrian could speak further. “They not only destroyed all of their cities, therefore depriving the rest of us of their valuable resources, but stole all of their magical knowledge from the rest of the Imperium, whether it be from books or even right out of the mind of unsuspecting mages. It is cruel and unforgivable.”

“Settle down now, Priestess.” King Rex laid a comforting claw on her shoulder for but a moment. “I’m sure that they had their reasons and we should at least respect them, even if we disagree.”

Amanitore sat down with a huff, crossing her arms as Gibrian started speaking again. “Their leaving is why I have called this gathering. As the heart of the Imperium has left, I propose that we begin anew, breaking away from the old rules of the Imperium and forming our own union among our members. Instead of One ruler, we have this Council of leaders, each carrying with them a proper vote for the say of this government. It was something that my nation had done to some measure of success.”

The group began muttering and talking to each other. This was somewhat unexpected. Some of them had thought that they would merely choose a new leader among them, but by rewriting everything and ensuring that they each have a complete say, that was a different beast.

King Rex was the first to speak up. “I approve of this plan and nominate to rename the Imperium to be The United Kingdoms of the Ascendency. All for Yay?”

All of the accompanying hands raised up.

Gibrian smiled. “Good. Now we shall all work out the specifics of The United Kingdom’s rules and laws.”

Days would go by until laws of governance and Rules of the Ascendency were put together. But when all was said and done, they were stronger than before. The first order of business was to strengthen their borders and build a wall to cordon off the dangerous former lands of Regalia.

The Gecklicko Realm
A1eopQDx_2VBD4gR2FEWtyreacYW0x0y_dSupuUhwVJKVDrbg6HjWTkX2X8EnL54rsdKPsyP2wnjmRT7ySmlA58s33srvHilETP3FaFP1LxUfwRAdfJBqq9BzPq7PpHrrIn-qrpu=s0

Gensari had his work cut out for him. After the Regalians left, there were still many that did not like his people. He could not blame them. While they were known as brilliant mechanics, they were also being categorized by being duplicitous and prone to rebellion.

However, with the founding and reimagining of The Imperium as The United Kingdoms, he is in a better position to shape the nation and his rule. He now has even more power than ever before.

He sent out a missive to the Dwarven King to acquire more steel in order to bring the true flavor of his people to this new Order. He wanted to bring about an industrial revolution and help better the lives of not just the Geckos, but also the other members of their Alliance of Kingdoms within the Ascendency.

Before long, he had been able to unveil their newest creation. A mechanical that while needed someone to pilot it, would be able to aid in the construction of any building. They even had in the works, a smaller version which would help out with farming.

It was lauded as a great success. And while not the advanced machines of the Old World Regalians, they were still a modern marvel of engineering. A company was formed to handle such requests of machinery in the future: Handso Inc, “Leave the Future in our Hands”

Dymaeran Rebellion

tfkmQWKQAXJVHDbHPcjh_xIa5pr71W1eJQua6UW-QtQZQCY4m4Ho4-JfZ0OIw9lfy5nwZSIVDZEzwy16Fva-OEM8Ho-Iy4L7W6pPxkucwftXnBZ3O0LU9WjINlbRPIbeAuVIumCo=s0

Princess Hildr was not amused when she had received the missives from the Imperium about returning to Dwarven Lands, but that they had installed that fool Dwalin in as King. Of course they had chosen him. He was an idiot and easily manipulated into doing exactly what any of them could have wanted.

Hildr fumed. Not only had the Imperium ignored her at the conference about reclaiming her lands, but they had given them to other Dwarves instead. She would rally all of the power that she could muster to resolve this situation, she would manage to take back her throne, no matter the cost.

-------------------------------

The time had come. Hildr had managed to sneak into the Palace and past the guards. It had taken a few years, but she managed to acquire the routes, the layout and any sort of flaws in the defenses in order to accomplish her task.

She carefully and deftly snuck past the first guard as he turned a corner, hiding behind a pillar as the second guard came through the darkness. She had trained for this and breathed low and quietly as the heavily armored man passed on by.

Next came the scrambling up the stairs, hiding under the bannister as she progressed, passing through another locked door with her trusty lockpick, until finally she arrived at the door of the King. King Dwalin the fool.

Soon, all will see how he was the wrong choice to rule. Quietly she snuck into the room and sliced the throat of the Pretender as she gave the signal of the flare for her people to attack.

It was over almost before the guards had known what had hit them as the Mercenaries that had formerly worked for the Takrians rushed in and killed all of the Dwarven guards.

The Palace was secure.

----------------------------

A few days later a messenger arrived with a letter from Marie-Claire. In it, it stated whether the Dwarves would still belong as a part of the United Kingdoms of Ascendency. Each nation in the Ascendency allows for their own manner of choosing their next representative and as such, none will interfere in that manner especially since King Dwalin was a weak leader only installed by The Imperium to gain Dwarven support.

Queen Hildr followed up with a return letter saying that the Dymaeran Kyngdom would be delighted to continue being a part of the Ascendency.

The Order of Kerem

URCgyMBY-3Ao5dcUgydMfvUmZBIsquesVOLm4lKQYWjithHuq8g3Z_DH60rHhFQ1WHsbubJw8d4qllYINOIjOqhsuX3J6D49z8KMGpfoZnjnOuHtjEu-JcD3GR-ZPUTJz1to8ZBC=s0

The Council had finished its deliberations and discussions with the Remnants. They would form a pact together. A pact that they would help each other and allow The Order to leave elsewhere for greener pastures. Not all of their members would leave, but enough that the Kingdom itself would be non-existent.

The Order of Kerem would leave this continent and give all of their cities to the Remnant who would take their place in the Grand Western Alliance. They had no more need for this place. Kerem has shown them a vision of the things that they could do elsewhere.

All of their resources were poured into repairing the Old World ship. It would be able to take them wherever they wished to go. It was large enough that it would be a floating city on the water for their peoples and with it, The Order could spread the word of Kerem to all of the corners of the planet.

The City State of Mesania

bj4FeknHUBsOWOpzpSFAvSrhmLgBZg7E6TBANNy2NZJbhJ75k4goxJ3eHcUiQeJBAGFdj5EnFbzxB3WM1cL_ER6E1g3E21tsfoY5-nz6Wv5mnlnyJCusjxxotXES-hYhCqYDx4G0=s0

The full alliance of The Oni and Messania was cemented not in battle, but in the unity of marriage. The Harmost accepted the bride's offer from Jin. His daughter would become the Queen of the City State of Messania.

It was a beautiful affair, with delegates and important figures from among the entire length of the Grand Western Alliance. The only members of the Alliance that did not have any representatives at this gathering were the Mitsura. They had brought themselves into seclusion and as such, not much has been heard from them as of late.

But, there were even members of The Order of Kerem at the event. It is known that they are working on leaving the continent in their Old World boat once it is finished, but that did not prevent them from having delegates partake in the celebration.

Chunk, the Ogre was there with a small entourage having gained much renown for his part of the battles. He was getting drunk with his partner in crime, Kawada

Much merriment was to be had and Messania was secure in the knowledge that they had one of the strongest military on the continent, even being able to rival the Mother Country. Something that brought pride to the Harmost and his people. They had surpassed the old stories and now it was time to make new ones with The Oni at their side. It didn’t matter if the rest of the Western Alliance stayed together or not, their two nations were strong and this marriage would cement the powerful bond before the Gods. A union that would be sanctified in their eyes.

Time moves forward……..

The Ogres

pRz4fUAlHZA41v1bGTqY-Mu92UX53u1xbfvBjbxOyFrCqI9dW_jv4gL4yrAhumydX2iic0vgYYFeZ4SkQVNBubaNyZdwJCr-GrStVrhar4V8FpPb5hY5alKW0CuV9Mxx97tz08Bv=s0

Without leadership, the Ogres continued to fight among themselves in the mountain, causing occasional problems for those that lived in the nearby plains. The settling of the Remnant however soon put a stop to their chaotic shenanigans, their skill and technique more than making up for the pure brute strength of the Ogres that were causing the havok.

None ever emerged again that had the pure charisma and intelligence to lead and unite the hordes. That chance died at the failed assault on Toulais during the winter invasion. The Grand Quest of their leader sank to the bottom with him beneath the waves, never to be seen again.

Many Ogres would venture forth into the world and sell their services, mainly for large quantities of food to the highest bidders. In some cases, forming entire mercenary groups or joining up with existing ones. The name of Ogres was one that would become associated with tenacity and strength. Not even giving up in the face of overwhelming odds. Something that managed to buy them much needed good will.

The Takrians
5dO8gdo8xRr4c5m3gWDMIxfOXN_Tvr15dlJReUEQtlBMOMDs5ov1_eF1rngRtVqdHsJ18H_a14v6ixiBoDkgQDTnmargM5l8aq1vFW5lvxEjEfNuDKKgJq2QCTH2Yn-5rMscl8dE=s0

The Takrians, having joined back up with their people, had left this world behind and found others to settle. This became a dark chapter in their history, one that was mostly forgotten about, other than their never ending alliance with The Regalians. That had been solidified as one of the very few parts of their Dark Ages that they wished to remember.

Having settled many worlds and founded a large empire, they would eventually come face to face with not only other large empires, but a scourge that would snuff out light that existed on every world.

They decided that they would become the shield that would keep other worlds from being overrun, until they could manage to defeat them.

Some Takrians actually remained behind. Very few had done so, but they were ones that had found a life they wished to live in this world, far from the advanced technology that their people had been accustomed to. They lived in the nations of the United Kingdoms, and fully embraced their new lifestyle.

Empyrium (Regalia)
iNKFe5SyzkTMnbNsmgWTm1cJs0ib19yKiyIwUzXMWET34tnacLbQ8WM9gnwcg8hv9xmzUw2XQD4HPerrkRv4nO1blb8fYmnIosRE2ypuoBT5weRqdsB8OyYPxykHeo2qUeKgyW9w=s0

The Empyrium would fill its new world with wonders under its new leadership. The people themselves would prosper greatly, rarely thinking about those that they left behind of the old Imperium. That was a lifetime ago and of an age that would be forgotten into a time of myths and legends.

Their technological and magical might would grow with the passing of time. Eventually there was very little distinction between their magic and technology as one blended into the other.

Their scholars and mages were almost as one in unity.

It wasn’t long before they managed to begin their own exploration of space, starting with small craft, but lining up ones that would be deep exploration in cryosleep and the colonization and exploration of other worlds.

The name of the Empyrium would not be forgotten.

Mitsura

1OMIHpvoIePh8Vrdy30zKn7ua320ZIxpQdAo0VItZ2fAx0qrOSdXRIzLPWaYKY72FYC2Ypsx7lMIyqx7iTnea_z2n4P0qHWLqqEOtyMBXzPBVWdC_pnkgRvP2SzF1JxNfQ8GUXFy=s0

The Mitsura managed to seed many worlds with their seeds, leading to many plant based worlds in the future. They each formed differently based on the environment that they developed in. Some had more of a docile hive mind like people, like the original Mitsura nation, but others would be fiercely independent and forming a people completely unlike their predecessors.

Out there, somewhere, a world of Great Giant Plants existed, building up the nature on their worlds with giant trees and all that accompanied them. Each of them a part of the Great Bloom as the Great One had predicted.

As for the Mitsura themselves, they would continue this seeding until the end of time. Their ship was a sustainable one and it was not a mission that they would wish to end. It was their job for all time, to continue the Great Bloom on many worlds.

In time, they might be joined by other seed ships, which would also continue the work of the Great Bloom.

---------------------------

The Cult of the Red Flower spread like a wild flower throughout the continent. It lingered in the shadows, unbeknownst to those that lived in the light. It promised peace and happiness for its followers.

Those that belonged to it, would indeed feel better about themselves and their lot in life. In fact, they had a tendency to gain fortune and good will from those around them, whether it was from a natural charm or hidden magic, none were ever too sure, but the Red Flower continued to be a charging force in many lives.

The rumors would follow of the Red Petal being in charge of it, but no true facts of the matter were ever uncovered.

Zanzir

jDu3a2ahAdfSfHZPugLRHh5N3loSM18oWiVHXOW3L1KNXgQlHJVJYW_elOl__F9OGz2DEjDlyhB2asBf3F8A_4yWZYz74_zLrLTWExL48KmIM17P40lRFHL6Amja6IfxTFFWYgr9=s0

Zanzir continued to enjoy its neutrality, claiming the center of the path between the two sides of the continent. They became a place of trade, a place of wealth, where everything and anything crossed through their way. Magical items, historical relics, even the corpse of a hero or two.

If you wanted to find anything, you could locate it in Zanzir. The Capital of the trading World, and if you could find it, the Black Market. The one place where you could truly find anything and everything that wasn’t strictly legal, even within Zanzir.

Over time as the nation became more and more prosperous, the future kings had less and less power. Power began to travel towards the small council, with the position of Master of Coin having the most power.

The Worshiping of Kerem became much more important over time, especially due to their newfound neutrality, which is one of the prime tenants of Kerem’s ideology. They even had a large dedicated temple, which was often visited by The Order when they arrived on their ships.

In time after the course of generations, the King and the royal family became more of a figurehead than an actual powerful position, but that didn’t mean that the royal family had no power, just that it was not what it once was. But as the royal family was able to live in the lap of luxury, it didn’t matter much in the long run.

Ru-Ten Amalgam
3eKkZ6nuf8hWXFFiGWee_zA0gblXB-vbStos64vTbu9s1dTwggfErwGt_QUYTAU4YnAF57Z22-7EVo7yMYEy5jK2QgbIX36pkdzsB6ad8VVmzYBCIlsfyGgCHsz_oul_ksghvlbm=s0

As the Ru Ten lands had become encased in a large tree, it was not known what had happened to the people inside, and no one managed to gain access to find out, even though many had tried. It had become a wasteland of jungle so thick, that you couldn’t manage to wriggle through with all of your might.

The remaining Ru-Ten that were trapped outside, eventually they formed their own lands and extended their power into the community with dangerous mercenaries, eager to fight and even more eager to kill.

The Order of Kerem

4zSLaS8P1U_6I8VmvwkT3roD3pYclnNhTzVVpOHAqpkrlP_-3_ACZBuJKMKQrKSpsDGi922uS1kT00zWJtmNA2WUaBCexXtZO3dbNKYS-owBrgfiWvbjB3iaXAXpLHkcRaluYpZM=s0

The Order of Kerem had managed to repair the Old World Warship, turning it into a floating city. Eventually they managed to create a full fleet of traveling ships which carried their entire civilization. They were grand vessels, though none were as strong or powerful as the Mother Ship, the one which was their floating Capital, Kerem One.

They became known as the Floating Traders, traveling from port town to port town all over the world, becoming rich in coin and colorful from traveling interactions. One of the biggest opportunities that they did have, was the spreading of their religion, the worshiping of the representation of the universe, Kerem. It was all, and they wished to spread its might and philosophies. Most ports eventually had a temple dedicated in Kerem, if only to help attract the Merchant Fleet.

Over time, the Council was made up of those that were captains of their individual ships, with the one that was the Captain of Kerem One being the arbiter over all proceedings and meetings.

The Grand Western Alliance

cWhfVAGX3YEHV-Yf4ZOCzR8FDaTk9heBe0fNWQmhpfiM40ULutJrNf0__hi1xI2jS-4l7mTuKpvoSiZ7ezdNxzpLAHtZ-Cbz0sLecxzhmEMl83BQaHjM-N55FU6nIEYSWZGtGV43=s0

To those outside the Alliance, it seemed as though they were cut off from the world, but they would be wrong. It was the world that was cut off from the Alliance. Beyond the powerful walls with all its incredible defenses, lay a combined nation that was flourishing.

The two nations of The Oni and Messania had become practically inseparable, while The Remnants, now renamed The Nation of Golgorath, was a stance ally and worked well with the rest of the Grand Western Alliance.

There was plenty of intermingled trade and a burgeoning technological growth between the mechanicals of the Geckos that joined the nation and the Old World advancements.

The Gecko University of Technology grew to great heights, with those that had a technological aptitude traveling from all over the Alliance. They even formed a somewhat friendly rivalry with the Ascendancy’s own Toulais Institute of Science and Education. GUT had the advantage of having a member of the Old World as part of its department at the beginning, while TISE had a variety of knowledge and techniques from a broader group of people.

Hiroki’s school became the crown of all magical knowledge only rivaled by the Loremasters own magical school. Both met and had regular correspondence at the Magical Repository that occurred every few years in a private realm. Both schools often competed in direct competitions to show which one had a better grasp on their magical research and application. As of the last count, Hiroki’s school was at 35 Victories to the Loremasters 31.

Though direct access was restricted between the Ascendancy and The Grand Western Alliance, knowledge was often traded between them in the neutral grounds that Zanzir provided, making the place a haven for diplomats, spies, technologists and even mages.

As the Western Alliance continued to train for the inevitable conflict with Demons, their armies eventually unified under one complete banner. No longer were they separate armies of multiple nations. They were now the armies of the Alliance. Well trained and oiled troops, ready for anything that could be thrown at them.

The only exception to this united rule was a special army brigade known only as The Demon Hunters. Being trained in the darker magics and the forbidden martial techniques, they were formed with Ogres, Oni, and Messanians who would be the vanguard against any demonic incursion on the lands of the continent.

The United Kingdoms of the Ascendency
mHWPf3eZc5dsM6Z7Pxy9VII9WH91V7C0xUyBJ6Qv4W2KgZOcUw9H34c1xn0_9ywPxYaPoUOax72zW5jGgDn-iKE4M-Uyb7cjBAB5_rbK-LbAbmoTHZ4uNlvPfp-wNuzkOHjYlUV6=s0

Meanwhile in the East, the United Kingdoms of Ascendancy had formed into a solid government. Each tended to their own rule, while managing to support the others with trade, technology, and in instances of trouble, resources and army support. As a whole, they weren’t a singular entity as the West had become, but they had a level of flexibility that the other did not have. Each nation in the Ascendancy had their own armies and their own laws as long as those laws did not conflict with anything that was already laid down by the Council as a whole.

If any of the other leaders had an issue with a given law, or a law that was put into place in a particular nation, it can be brought up for the entire Council to vote on the effects, weighing how it can change the balance of the whole.

Each road was maintained by their respective nations and tolled accordingly. Healthcare, while not as good as the Alliance, was still much higher than it had been in the past, only growing better with time as new medical techniques and remedies were discovered.

Toulais had become the Capital of the Ascendancy, though the meeting place for the Council of Leaders was at the Drakenguard’s floating island, for greater security.

The Toulais Institute of Science and Education was the crown of all the Kingdoms within the Ascendancy. It taught not only mechanical engineering, but medical knowledge, the arts, the sciences and even the languages, both extinct and current.

A Grand Fleet of ships, rivaled any that was elsewhere. Toulais ship builders were the envy of the continent and allowed the Ascendancy to send trade vessels as well as explorers all around the world to uncover mysteries and resources.

The Gecklico Realm continued to develop their new technologies and products from Handso Inc became commonplace throughout the Ascendancy with even some of them ending up with the Alliance’s Walls by way of Zanzir.

Politically, their nation did not end up having as much pull as some of the others, however, their technology was paving the way towards the future, towards eventually having the same level of technology as the rest of the world.

Drakenguard had formed a close bond with the Loremasters as before long, it was difficult to know where one kingdom began and the other ended. Between the two, magic flourished to the corners of the Ascendancy as they developed new and exciting magic. Though, their applications of their students were not always as good as Hiroki’s school of magic.

The Dwarves under Queen Hildr eventually flourished, churning out metal that was used by the Geckos for their mechanical and structures. Soon enough, they had metal mines, not just in their mountains, but throughout other areas of the Ascendancy.

-------------------------------------

Commander Le’Grange closed the holographic pad that he had been reading. It had all been going according to the plan. There were already nations that were capable of fighting against the Demons. Perhaps they would not have the same fates as those of them from The Old World. Perhaps they would make it. Perhaps they would go further than they did.

The old soldier turned to his subordinate as his cybernetic left hand touched his cybernetic eye and spoke. “Boyle, prepare my cryopod. Awaken my at the next juncture of the plan.”

The other solider saluted. “Yes sir. Did they meet with your approval?”

Le’Grange smirked. “Yes they did Boyle, yes they did.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back