• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

foolboi

Magic Eight Ball
Very new here, haven't seen many RP's designed around wiccan magic, only aged-fantasy magic.
Would like to try out a small group, 5-7 (maybe 9-11 if there is enough interest), in a real world setting in 2019. The characters ages will range from 15-17, and will include 1 coven leader who will play an experienced witch.

We're not playing wiccan culture simulator, an accurate and in-depth knowledge of wiccan culture is not required; however accuracy towards how magics would be preformed (ritualistically, not just fireballhands™ blowing up stuff) is required.

We will play as strangers who meet coincidentally, most likely either in school or out in public places. You can choose your own custom starting setting and backstory accordingly, however the main-plot is set.

This RP will test your morality, what you deem right and wrong, and will include themes of dark magic, so please make your characters with that in mind; morality plays a huge part in this RP. Not all characters are meant to be the good guy who saves the day, some of them want to chase power instead and will do anything to get it.

The main plot point is that 3-4 new witches join a coven with an experienced leader who will guide them through the trials and tribulations of witchcraft. The story will take a darker turn as the students delve further and further into the rabbit hole, and discover what it truly means to be a witch. It's not all fun and games when innocent lives may be at stake.

I'd prefer a fairly balanced male-female ratio, perhaps 2 of each gender and whatever the coven leader will be (and for the sake of simplicity, male chars will also be referred to as witches, not warlocks). There can be side-subplots, I.E romance, school, family, ETC, but I'd like to stick as close to the main plot as possible without deviating too much.

I'd also like to keep the number of new witches even, so for example if there are 11 players, we would need 10 new witches. This will be for the sake of a major plot-point later in the story, wherein character bonding is required, and so will require an even number of participants to perform the bonding.
The number of participants will go as follows;
For 3 players, there will be 2 new witches
For 5 players, there will be 4 new witches
For 7 players, there will be 6 new witches
For 9 players, there will be 8 new witches
And so on and so forth.

If for some reason we cannot maintain an odd number of new witches, I can adjust the plot point so that one character remains left out but is still included in the major event chain.

Please, don't be afraid to comment if you are interested. I very much would like to see this become a reality. If you have any suggestions as well, please don't be afraid to offer them; after all, this is my first RP here.

Definitely interested. I actually play a lot of witch characters on the reg, including a male witch. I’ll tone them down for the sake of this rp, but I am willing to play either male or female, whichever is needed most.

This sounds pretty cool! I'd totally be up for this :D
This seems fun!
I can join in.
I'm a wiccan myself and this sounds interesting! Is it still open?
Definitely interested. I actually play a lot of witch characters on the reg, including a male witch. I’ll tone them down for the sake of this rp, but I am willing to play either male or female, whichever is needed most.
I would love to try this!

Not ignoring this thread, been busy with work. Will post the CS and info/OOC link in a few hours after I've had time to write them up.

So interested. It’s rare to see strictly ritual magic in a work of fiction. As a witch, I find that refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back