• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Yes very much so. In fact the bloodiest battles in recorded history occurred mostly because of that though political tensions growing populations and resource shortages continued. After the war the worship of Holy gods became more widely accepted while the worship of chaos gods is outlawed. So holy gods got churches and chaos gods got cults. About a third of all mortals are agnostic but atheism does not really exist in a serious sense because the existence of the gods is proven fact. One would think lack of trust in gods would be higher, but having faith and praying to them actually grants people superpowers and spells so it catches on pretty quickly.

... I'm not sure I'm up to playing a character from the enforcement arm of a church like this. Normal D&D polytheism mashed with medieval Catholicism is hard enough to play. This adds another level to it.

I think I'd better drop out.

... I'm not sure I'm up to playing a character from the enforcement arm of a church like this. Normal D&D polytheism mashed with medieval Catholicism is hard enough to play. This adds another level to it.

I think I'd better drop out.
Your welcome to if you want but I stated above earlier that it is not like Catholic Church by any means. The inquisitional branch of any church (they all have one.) exists to seek out cultists and protect the church in the event that the government turns against it. They don’t really do the whole torture and burn the witch thing. And the cults of the chaos gods are designed to be irredeemable as their ritualistic worship usually includes murder, torture, blood sacrifice, demon summoning, and other fantasy evils. I assure you there is a lot more fantasy than real world analogy.

however I cannot force you to stay so go where the wind takes you my friend.

Yeah I guess you can say that but he normally wouldn't like that cuz he's one of those people who had bad experience with other people
Aren’t most edgelords? I was joking btw romance while not discouraged is hardly my goal. And if we’re being Frank he has plenty of reason to be edgy. A whole town vanished in the north, Theta and Lacriosma are starting to mend their divides while tensions with Karrakhan are on the rise, cults have been rumored to be spawning at an accelerated rate, and even the damned monster population seems to be growing. Things seem to be falling apart and Karrakhan’s king Seto Khan the Invincible is barely able to hold it all together after his wife perished ten years ago. She handled the sensitive details of the kingdoms daily activities, Seto was just a warrior that made their enemies lose sleep.

When you're just a guard in his Majesty's Secret Service.
It’s actually a relatively lucrative position. Right out of the gate a new recruit for the Royal guard will be selected from the city guard of military units. They choose soldiers with a blend of Skill, Potential to grow, and devotion to the kingdom itself wether or not they are fond of the kind. Of course their record is looked at as well, and another six months of training are added to recruits. The grueling brutal training made to thin out candidates by making them quit.

success is rewarded with a salary of 3 gold coins and 50 silver coins per Day of service with four days of work per week, and paid vacations after one year along with crown funded education after five years, and a parcel of land after 10. Healthcare is the best the nation can have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back