• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Thunder plodded over to sniff at the loud and excitable talking hound...the soft nose snuffling at them.
Cricket jumped back with a yelp of alarm as the giant beast snuck up beside her and loudly sniffed her, but sensing no malice, she quickly recovered and walked up to sniff its face right back with equal curiosity. “Huh… carrots….”
"I'm Ramirez and this is my loyal Lady Thunder." The hunter gestured to the land dragon with a smile.
Cricket looked at this Ramirez guy, than back to his ‘Loyal Lady Thunder‘, then back to him. “So is this like your flatulent girlfriend or something?” she asked straight faced, gesturing with her thumb.

Last edited:
Thunder frowned debating wether to eat the wise craking furry creature or not, giving an un-amused snort standing back up.

Ramirez blinked for a moment as the penny dropped and waved his hands, "no no no she's my steed. Though i'd show her a lil more repect, she may not fly but even land dragons are rather prideful."

MrMopp MrMopp

Callan

Callan frowned and as he heard Siwai’s comment. He wasn’t exactly thrilled to be teaming up with the hyper hunter either. “… aye. Might as well.”

“Rookie wants ter come too.” The Siren jerked his head back to the fireplace, where Tobais was currently preening himself like an overgrown goose.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Lost Echo Lost Echo Oli Beju Oli Beju Astrophil Astrophil

________

Percival

“Bard?” That explained the instrument. “Pleased to meet you I’m Pr-“ Percival went to shake Cricket’s paw, but she turned around and started excitedly talking again. He smiled and awkwardly took his hand back. Another time maybe.

As Cricket and Ramirez chatted, Percival climbed up onto Samira’s back and got comfortable in her saddle. “Does anyone know the way to Darby?” He asked.

Characters: Percy, Samira (the horse), Ramirez, Thunder (the land drake), Anat, Callixto, and Arthy. ( Genii Genii Genii Genii Yonsisac Yonsisac Yonsisac Yonsisac Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil Astrophil Astrophil )

Interaction: Cricket with Thunder. Open mouth. Insert foot.

Cricket looked surprised (and alarmed) when the Land Drake reared back and snorted as if it understood and was insulted by her question. She was willing to believe that that wasn't just her imagination. “… Just asking.” she shrugged in frank honesty, shrinking a bit. Her eyes flicked around for escape routs and for any sticks that could keep an angry predators mouth propped open. This wasn’t her first rodeo. She was prepared for this to get ugly.

Ramirez blinked for a moment as the penny dropped and waved his hands, "no no no she's my steed. Though i'd show her a lil more repect, she may not fly but even land dragons are rather prideful."

Cricket gave Ramirez two thumbs up and a tense smile.“Ok. Gotcha!” She turned to Thunder and dipped her head apologetically, ears drooped slightly. “Sorry, lady.”

Last edited:
(Sorry quick post, still at work. Also should we move this to the other thread?)
Interaction: cricket, Percy, Ramirez, calixto
Genii Genii MrMopp MrMopp Astrophil Astrophil Gwenymoo Gwenymoo @

Ana suddenly being taken by suprice as cricket comes forth. She turns towards her and, once again, her usual unique way shows itself. From Percy being surprised she can speak and calling the land drake Ramirez's girlfriend. It did get a chuckle out of Ana as it was very unexpected.

But now feeling she should introduce herself to the small canine. Ana with a slight bow "My name is Anat or just, Ana for short, just take the T out. Plessure to be formerly introduced cricket" she said as it was true, she never told stated her name to cricket and was a bit embarrassed. But realizing what Percy Said, she waved with the map in her hand "yep got the map right here!" Looking it over.

"It's mostly a straight forward path besides a few curves and land marks" the Ana looking at the rest and all had mounts, she thought "I just realize I don't formerly have a steed in a way, dose the guild offer such or...?" she stated, mostly as a question, should she tag along with one, or conjure herself one? maybe even cricket one. She may be small but still, she could not be left out but she did state tagging along with either.

Last edited:
Interactions: Anat, Ramirez, Percy, and Cricket
Yonsisac Yonsisac Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo MrMopp MrMopp

Calixto watches the party communicate and chuckles while trying his best to keep himself steady on Arthy's back. "Good to know that this party is excited about the quest." His view shifted to Anat when she admitted to not having a ride and then to Cricket. "I'm sure Arthagus don't mind having you two ride him. Don't you, Arthy?" His griffin turns his head to look back at him to chirp in reply, then sets his sapphire eyes on the two steedless members of the group. On cue, the griffin lowered his body, giving easy access to his back for Cricket and Ana. "Do be aware that I don't have a saddle for him, but we won't be flying."

Last edited:
Interactions: Anat, Ramirez, Percy, and Cricket
Yonsisac Yonsisac Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo MrMopp MrMopp

Calixto watches the party communicate and chuckles while trying his best to keep himself steady on Arthy's back. "Good to know that this party is excited about the quest." His view shifted to Anat when she admitted to not having a ride and then to Cricket. "I'm sure Arthagus don't mind having you two ride him. Don't you, Arthy?" His griffin turns his head to look back at him to chirp in reply, then sets his sapphire eyes on the two steedless members of the group. On cue, the griffin went down on all fours, giving easy access to his back for Cricket and Ana.
“Hey, don’t mind if I do! Thanks!” Said Cricket. She happily clambered up onto the griffin and turned herself in circles a few times before sitting smartly at the base of his neck. “Wow…” the little dog squished her toes and fingers through Arthy’s soft feather, feeling them tickle her pads. She then promptly drove her nose into his mane and started rubbing her face around in it “ERMYGAWRSH!” Came her muffled, ecstatic mumbling from the sea of feathers she was buried in, amid sneezes and snuffling. “THISH ISH-” snuffle snuffle snort, “ -THISH ISH SHO SHOFT! I WUFE YOU FOREFER, ARTHY!” Snuffle snuffle SNEAZE.
"Do be aware that I don't have a saddle for him, but we won't be flying."
Cricket pulled her head out to whip him an aghast, heart broken look, ears drooped. “WHAT?!“ she whined. “AW COME ON MAN…!”

Last edited:
View attachment 1029286View attachment 1029287
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

"I think it's a quest to the mines... I think I zoned out after hearing about Silverfrond, but I caught the essentials about the quest." Connor answered as she began finishing off what was left on her plate, feeling a renewed sense of vigor surging through her as stomach started feeling full and warm. She stood up after finishing up her plate and began getting the cramps out her shoulders, taking her plate and silverware and setting them with the rest of the dishes awaiting to be washed. When she returned to the table it was to push in the chair, though his offer to do the same quest together was something that brought her gaze back to Pierre's eyes. "I'm down for a quest together, so if you want to join us then feel free to." She said with a wink before turning towards Rika. She had been listening in on their plans, but with how little the group knew about her from the sounds of it she gave an inaudible sigh. Fully opening her visor she sat down at their table and dug her hand into her satchel, fulling out a map of Colby and comparing it with the information from the quest notice. Her hand then pulled out a quill and a spare sheet of paper, copying the major cities and landmarks onto the sheet of paper before drawing a massive circle around where she had marked the mines. Her actions made little sense for the moment, but her lips anticipating their orders made it clear she intended to explain what's on her mind. And soon enough that moment came.

"I know some of you already know me, but I'm Connor. Now, here's what you need to know about me." She started, pointing at one part of the circles edge. "This circle represents how far the control of my armor expands, with any armor I've forged able to be controlled within this area. However, I am limited to thirty-two sets of armor in total, it prioritizes the armor closest to me upon initially casting the spell, and each set of armor has to manually walk or otherwise traverse to where I command them to go. In addition, each suit of armor has magic imbued into them, making them able to cast most magic spells I can. Each set of armor can fight as well as your average knight, though without any mortality to lose they can keep fighting until they become irreparable." Connor paused as she waited for the rest of the group to process all of the information she gave them, folding up her map and scooting aside the quill and paper before pointing to the quest notice. "As for how we proceed, it'd be wise to have my armor scout the mines ahead of time, as I can use my magic to 'see' what they see and get an idea what awaits us when we clear it out for a more concrete plan. As for how we'll get there, I had some of my sets of armor get Deus and the merchant wagon prepared for the journey, and there's room for about... Six people in total."

@Maxxob Oli Beju Oli Beju Astrophil Astrophil Lost Echo Lost Echo
(I hope I've tagged everyone involved in the mine quest)
Urzoth watched Connor give an overview of her armors. Though they usually preferred more masculine partners, they couldn't deny their competency kink. And Connor's entire aura was confident with the skill to back it up. Most of the information was reviewed, but they nodded along easily. "Akela can join to see if she smells anything your eyes cannot see." They offered, the growl in their voice speaking of the wolf's acceptance. Though they knew the gesture was necessary for speed, they worried about riding in the wagon. It was difficult to get out of their chair and pick it up. More than likely they'd have to get one of the others to lift her. Or summon Kenai. At least they didn't have to feel useless when in his arms.
Rika listened sharply as Connor provided a detailed elucidation on the extent of her armor’s capabilities. Much to her surprise, they were capable of treading a certain distance away from their conductor. Though Rika was waylaid by the incredulous marking up of a wonderfully decent map, she remained silent as the explanation continued. Whilst the woman spoke, Rika continued to concoct a plan so as to the approach of the mines. “I'm curious... would your suits of armor know how to find you, even though they can’t see you? Whilst I don’t think any of us should be idle… there isn’t much for us to do between here and Arian. Not while we’re sitting in a carriage, that is.” She stopped, looking the map over once more… “I like the sound of your proposal. Could a few of the suits enter the holes made by the Shaelmaars, and follow us through the tunnels en route to Arian? Since you’d be with us above ground, you’ll be safe to focus on a multitude of them at once if need be. That way, by the time we get to Arian, we can know for certain which paths are safe to take and which aren’t, that is, those between the two towns. I can't speak for others.” She stood, pointing to the path on the map from Colby to Arian(’s mines), tracing them hither and thither until she stopped at Arian. “It’s possible we may come across some Shaelmaar holes that don’t connect to the mines… and it troubles me that you could potentially lose a few of your suits that you've worked so hard to construct, if that turns out to be the case. It’s up to you, though, what you choose to do with them.

@II-CinderRadcliff-II ; Lost Echo Lost Echo ; Astrophil Astrophil
Their worries were distracted by Rika's analysis. Using the holes already made was a good choice. Urzoth doubted the Shaelmaar wouldn't use the already prepared space unless the wyrms were successful in forcing them out. But it was equally unlikely they'd be organized in their burrows.
Callan
Barry (mentioned)

“Hm. You’re more experienced than I thought. What d’you do, gobble ‘em all up?” Callan was joking of course. He assumed Tobias hunted as a person because Ramirez didn’t know he was a dragon.

“Oi, Barry! [loud whistle]” Callan called as he spotted the dwarf stomping by with a steaming mug of something.

Barry ignored him completely and went to serve Ashley his coffee.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns
The sharp whistle caught their attention, causing them to glance at the fireplace. Callan was immediately recognizable, but it took her a second to assume the brightly colored feathered man was likely Tobias. It suddenly made the mother henning make even more sense. They understood instincts, having to deal with 3 different sets on their own. It was likely the siren couldn't resist it.
Oli Beju Oli Beju
Guild Hall
Siwai returned from the infirmary, healed up and ready to take on the world. He was winding one arm up in a quick stretch as he approached Rika and the other hunters gathered together.
"Looks like ya got some other people lined up huh, Rika?"
Urzoth nodded in greeting to the perky hunter. While they appreciated that they took the job as seriously as they did, their boisterousness tended to be draining. Still, they looked the bird hybrid over, trying to see how recovered he was from the day's events.
A warm smile emanated from Rika as her young friend approached, looking well healed and and already, quite literally, winding up for the expedition. “I have!” She confirmed. “And you’re looking well refreshed and ready. Urzoth, Connor, Pierre and Goldie have decided to join us, along with possibly Callan. We’ve determined that it’d be in our best interest to embark on the morrow, that our allies can receive their needed rest, and hopefully…” She looked over to where Callan and Tobias were, “… that some of the eve’s ‘libation’ will pass, come the dawn.” She raised an eyebrow, but maintained her slight grin. No matter how captious, diffident, or guile she could sometimes become, the guildhall had a way of resonating with only her best attributes. It could almost be mistaken for magic, but if so, suspicion would have to fall on the frequenters and friends of the place, for they are who made the place home.

« Genii Genii ; nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams ; Lost Echo Lost Echo ; @II-CinderRadcliff-II ; @Maxxob ; Astrophil Astrophil »
Urzoth definitely agreed with the idea of the morrow. Their back was starting to hurt from sitting so long in their chair, and a night's rest in a real bed would do wonders for it. They laughed at Rika's insinuation, doubting the siren would ever manage sober.
Callan
Guildhall

“I’ll leave yer to it.” Callan said as he got up. He needed to let Rika know they’d be joining her on the wyrm hunt, and hopefully find Barry to order some drinks .

The Siren made his way over to the bar where Rika, Urzoth, Siwai and Godefroi were gathered.

“Alright, what’s the plan? Bombs n’ nose-pegs?” He flatly enquired as he stood behind them. He may have given Godefroi a grumpy glance for sitting on his stool.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Lost Echo Lost Echo Oli Beju Oli Beju
They smirked at Callan as he came over, though said nothing.
Rika’s eyebrow raised even higher at Callan’s remark. “I’m all for the nose plugs, but I believe detonating bombs in an enclosed space may cost you your feathers. I’ve seen a lot, but I don’t think I’m ready for the trauma of seeing your wings in complete dishabille just yet.” She laughed a bit. "So I take it, that this means you're coming along?"

« Genii Genii »
The mine probably was used to explosives, but that did make them wonder, "How long has this mine been out of service? We'll have to be careful of its stability." They could listen to the strain of the earth above their head but had little idea how to prevent a cave-in.
Oli Beju Oli Beju Genii Genii
Guild Hall
Siwai crossed his arms when Callan approached. "Oh joy." He mumbled. It was no secret around the guild that Siwai's generally joyful personality often clashed with Callan's surliness.
Rolling their eyes, they let Siwai and Callan have their grumbles. They'd be professional on the hunt or they'd head back missing a limb for Hannah to attach. Urzoth had no time to care about clashing personalities.

Oli Beju Oli Beju Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Guild Hall
Siwai looked the picture of health and vitality after visiting the infirmary. Siwai noticed Urzoth looking at him and he nodded to them. "Yo Urzoth. How are all of ya?"
He quickly glanced at Tobias when Callan mentioned the newbie joining the quest.

Just behind Siwai, Pestle lurked under a table. The zombie serpent was under orders of Morgana to keep an eye on Siwai to see how useful he may be to the mad alchemist one day.

Percival

"Imagine if you could fly Sam. We'd get to places a lot quicker." Percival said. The horse huffed as if it understood - probably not though. "Don't worry, you're still the fastest horse I know." The teen praised.

"I shall follow you." Percival said to Anat, as she had the map.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Astrophil Astrophil Gwenymoo Gwenymoo MrMopp MrMopp

_______

Callan
Barry (npc)

"Finally." Callan said as Barry seemingly materialized behind the bar. "I was about ter add a missing dwarf quest to the board. Two beers." He requested, to which Barry begrudgingly provided.

"Meet you all here in the morning then." The Siren said before he picked up the tankards and headed back to Tobias by the fireplace.

The questers had amalgamated and, from the sounds of it, were all set and ready to go, all that remained was for the group to ascribe some rest to their repertoire of preparedness. Knowing this, Rika looked to Callan with a raised brow. “Questing at sunrise and still in his cups…” She murmured to herself. Acknowledging that it was now the evening, Rika stood and bowed before the group. “I’ll be off, then.” She turned and walked upstairs, toward her room, shutting the door behind herself, not bothering to disrobe, and laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling until finally she drifted off to sleep.

Urzoth likewise said their goodbyes, returning to their room. Once there, they transferred themselves to their bed before stripping. Then they carefully inspected their legs, looking for scratches or marks. When they were satisfied her legs were unharmed, they manuevered them under the covers. Closing their eyes, they tried to sleep, letting the day’s events wash over them.

Siwai watched as the others left to rest. He stayed in the hall and sat down at the bar. For the first time in his stay at the inn, he asked Barry for something to drink, besides water or juice.
His teachers at the monastery would have scolded him for drinking the ale he ordered, surely. Siwai grimaced, the events from earlier in the day still fresh in his mind. Maybe ale would soothe them.

Alice Evergarden

“That mask looks wonderful? Did you hand craft it or do you have an artisan you go to?” Alice chirped behind Faceless, slipping out from behind the man. Her approach was sudden and silent, but she didn’t seem to dwell on the fact. A quaint smile accompanied by a inquisitive crimson gaze adorned the abnormally short elven witch. Gracefully she stepped out to the masked mane front. Each movement pulled attention to the peculiar veil of opaque grey smoke clinging to the elves robe. “Alice Evergarden. A pleasure. Are you a fresh member?”

Holyhalo Holyhalo

"Thanks." Ashley said to Barry and then decided to talk to Cricket due to boredom.
"Hey, what's up?" Ashley managed to walk over without spilling his coffee. "What's your name?"
People assumed that Ashley lugging around a spear would hurt, but it didn't, because he had lost feeling on that part of the food long ago.
Ashley decided to make the conversation awkward for fun, by staring at Cricket.

Faceless

“Alright, so…” Faceless held the cup with one hand while holding the other up, closing fingers with each point he mentioned, starting from the thumb. “No questing alone, rookies need to have a veteran on board, remove the quest slip once you’ve got a group and are heading out.” He looked at his hand for a moment, still two fingers held up, making sure he hadn’t missed anything, and then nodded to Beryl. “Well, thanks for explaining.”

He turned from his short inquiry with the bosslady and almost jumped out of his skin as a short, thin woman snuck up from behind him. “Ah! Jeez…” It took a second for him to recover before Faceless glanced down into the pewter cup to make sure its contents were still there. Once he’d confirmed they were, he focused on the woman. Long black hair under a fully white outfit and reddish-looking eyes looking back up at him. No obvious signs of weaponry or anything made him assume she was probably a magic user of some kind, an opinion that was underlined by the fact that her clothes seemed to be covered by smoke or something similar.

Faceless looked for a moment more before grasping mentally for the words she’d said as she scared him. He smiled behind his mask, the pleasure reflecting in his white eyes. “Sorry. The mask? Yes, paid for it myself.” He spoke with an undertone of pride, as if it was a real achievement to be paying for things. “I figured the other mask was a little too… much for lounging around so I had them make me this one, with the stripe and everything. I picked the color myself.” Another hint of pride for another basic action like picking colors.

When the red eyed woman introduced herself after the pleasantries, Faceless nodded and reached with his right hand for a handshake. It was entirely covered in a dark glove and as he held out his hand, the sleeve pulled back a little, showing that the glove went high up his arm, probably to the elbow or higher, although this remained hidden from sight by the heavy sleeves. “Nice to meet you. I’m Faceless.”

There was a moment of hesitation at her last question as his eyes shifted from her to Beryl and he gave her a short, squinty-eyed look as if she’d done something to annoy him. “Yes, I’m a rookie rank member of the Inn.” He let out a rumbly noise in the back of his throat before focusing back on Alice. “How about you? Rookie as well? I’m looking for allies on a quest if you’re interested.” He nodded in the direction of the quest board in case she didn’t know what he meant.

Firelie Firelie

Last edited:
Callan

Callan returned and plonked one of the overfilled tankards of beer down in front of Tobias.

“We’re headin’ out first thing. Not exactly a rookie quest though... you sure yer up for it?” The Siren tormented.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan

“-and a quick death if we f*ck up.” Callan clinked his cup against Toby’s before sitting down and taking a big swig of beer.

“Looks like Siwai’s comin’, so you’ll ‘ave a little playmate.” He gestured to the red kobold sat alone at the bar.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Guild Hall, Bar
Siwai tried a sip of his ale, and a look of disgust crossed his face at the flavor. He pushed it away and groaned as he laid his chin on the bar counter. Apparently he'd just have to tough out this pain the hard way.

The Hunters Inn - Early the next morning…

Callan

The guildhall gradually emptied as its patrons retired to bed. Some hunters remained, possibly too inebriated to make it upstairs, and Barry soon disappeared from behind the bar.

All was quiet until dawn, when the hunters (and Colby) would be woken by what felt like an earthquake. It rattled the windows and shook the floorboards for a few long seconds, making a noise like a stampede thundering by.

Downstairs, Callan groggily lifted his head off the table before yelling, “Keep it down!”

((We’ve time skipped to the next morning for the Inn. I hope that’s ok. This won’t effect the separate quest threads. 😊))

Last edited:
RIka’s eve had passed swiftly, and as she drifted into slumber, the night's sparse dreams deigned to become a cacophony of strange nightmares…

Dreams of a day in the sun, on the family villa, overlooking the palisades of Renton, very soon turned to nightmares of an unfamiliar place: dark, and desolate. The wasteland betwixt a darkened sky and a roaring sea was only demarcated from the dead world around it by a single, towering monolith of a pyramidal temple, precipitating into several other smaller temples and residential homes. As if through the eyes of the bird, the town was swept over: empty, overgrowth having claimed what was clearly once a place of great affluence. On the ground, lay a single toy: a woven doll dressed in an elaborate dashiki agbada, its fabric dictated by a geometric textile pattern, dirtied by the years of detritus that have claimed the land. The desolate scene was only offset by the distant sound of a gong. Turning slowly away from the dilapidated dressed doll, the view would change toward the resplendent pyramid, a glow emanating from its sanctum. The gong, growing louder with each toll, was slowly accompanied by a rumbling, as a cascading quake emanated from the temple grounds and into the city, growing closer and closer until eventually…

… the nightmares were brought to a swift end with the sound of what had to have been an approaching stampede of beasts. As if on queue, Rika sauntered awake, and then jumped from the bed, as though her cryptic nightmares had come to life, hand resting on her dagger. When the quake passed, however, she stood, silent, breathing shakily and looking to and fro from the nearby window to the door for any possible approaching threats. When none manifested, she sighed, relaxing herself before sitting back down at the bedside. It was only when the evident storm had passed, that she suddenly noticed that her left arm was sore. A somewhat worse, but quieter panic ensued as she quickly lifted her left sleeve to examine her birthmark. If not for her debilitation, she could’ve sworn that she’d seen a slight glow from its center, at the crease of her elbow. Quietly, she sat, staring at the mark, waiting for something, anything, to happen. Whence again, no danger manifested, she slipped the sleeve back down, exhaling and staring at the window, to the world outside. Finally, she turned from her thoughts and to the door, quickly making her way back downstairs to the guildhall…

~​

On entry, she immediately caught sight of Callan, still reeling from his prior, evident, overindulgence. Walking over to him, she remarked. “I think we've just had some type of earthquake... Callan... are you alright?”

Genii Genii

Callan
Barry, Hannah, Colin & Beryl (NPCs)

Callan winced and raised a hand to his mouth in a lazy shushing gesture. “Hunky-f*ckin-dory…” He gruffly answered.

“-thought it was Barry rollin’ a barrel.” The Siren admitted. “You alright?” He asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

Barry appeared at the bottom of the dormitory stairs, wearing his striped pyjamas and matching long-tailed nightcap.

Hannah had left the infirmary to check what was going on, and Colin stepped out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in each of his four hands.

Beryl was the last of the Inn’s staff to appear as she burst into the guildhall from the door to her office. “Everyone in one piece?”

Guild Hall
Overnight Siwai remained in the bar area. By morning time he was sat on the counter, sitting in a meditative pose.
One eye cracked open at the loud rumbling sound and then closed again. He heard Beryl but answered only "Let me know when it's time for us to leave."

Morgana had come up to post something on the job board, but went to the window to see if she could glimpse the source of the noise and rumbling.

After practicing, Meg was so tired that she had difficulty remembering which dorm room was hers. Stumbling over herself as if she were drunker than she’d ever been, she peeked into the grouped rooms, almost passing her own until she recognized the symbol of Herne Anat had placed near their bed. It was only after she was halfway over it occurred to her another might have a similar totem, but she was reassured by the glance of feathers she’d wondered about. The first few attempts at climbing up the ladder to her bed were pathetic enough to make her want to cry. Attempting to just jump up did bring tears. Telling herself to calm down, she sat down on Anat’s bed to pull herself together before she tried again. But between one breath and the next there was nothing….but sleep.
~​
Meg lurched forward as she woke to the rumbling of the Shaelmar outside her dreams. Her feet were still on the floor, with only her upper body draped across the bed. It was easy to fall forward as if to roll, but difficult to tuck tight as her stiff body attempted the motion across the room into the extra set of beds. “Owww.” she moaned, holding her forehead as she tried to figure out what was happening and why everything was upside down. As her body shifted down to the side, she realized her back was pressed against the frame of a bed and everything hurt. Looking around the empty room, she tried to put together what happened the night before as if it’d been a night of celebrations instead of sleep. When she deduced where she must have slept--as she did remember hitting the floor after she woke from her dream--she blushed and tried to stand up, wincing at her body’s protests.

She remembered the angel--who didn’t want to be referred that way--Calixto who’d managed to reattach an arm. She wondered what he did for pain relief. She considered asking him this morning, before abruptly realizing that he had joined Anat and everyone she knew, excluding Balthazar (she’d figured it out during training!) to that town that was losing its men. Her pang of loss was ridiculous, she told herself as she crossed the room, smoothing down Anat’s bed’s blankets, as she promised to switch the bedding so that her friend could return to clean sheets.

This time the climb up the ladder went successfully even if her body was unhappy with each movement. Taking off her boots and placing them at the end of the bed, she was surprised to realize that the clothes she’d left had been placed, washed and folded, down there. They still seemed to glitter with magic, and she marveled picking the dress up. Brownies! This place had brownies! Her heart soared with excitement. Even her fears couldn’t decrease the wonders of the guild. “Thank you.” She whispered fervently, promising to find the freshest cream she could to offer them. “Thank you.

She stripped out of her leggings, unsurprised at the bruises that had popped up overnight. It was already too late to ice them, and they were everywhere, making elevating them impossible. Perhaps after breakfast, she could visit the healer for recommendations of herbs to help. She dressed in her white dress quickly, leaving her clothes and wraps from the night before folded, in case the brownies worked during the day. She was quick to head downstairs afterward, braiding her hair as she walked, eager for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back