• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Alright!" Ashley was barely containing his snickering as he went to sign the guild thingy with the pen on the table. Of course, he also struggled to stand up, and he sighed. He needed a new place to store his spear without taking it off his body.
He finally signs the guild promise thingy and returns to his table. He had now mastered sitting down with his spear attached to his leg, and he waits for his coffee. People might talk with him, or they might not.

Barry (npc)
Callan

Barry watched Ashley sign the guild contract and gave the newcomer a nod before he disappeared into the tavern rabble - presumably to fetch his coffee.

“Most o’ this lot have nowhere else ter go, so it’s always busy in the evenin’s.” Callan chatted to Tobais.

“So, you n’ Ramirez were hunters. Where’d you come from exactly?” The Siren asked.

Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Telania... rammy kinda uhhh took me in when i was a kid. showed me how to use a sword and work... " tobias flustered fidgiting. "never could help much with reading...said i was stubborn." he chuckled.

Callan

"Probably too soft on yer." Callan commented. He'd watched Ramirez with some of the rookies here and he treated them all like nestlings. "Wouldn't worry though. Not much readin' required here 'as it 'appens.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Rika listened sharply as Connor provided a detailed elucidation on the extent of her armor’s capabilities. Much to her surprise, they were capable of treading a certain distance away from their conductor. Though Rika was waylaid by the incredulous marking up of a wonderfully decent map, she remained silent as the explanation continued. Whilst the woman spoke, Rika continued to concoct a plan so as to the approach of the mines. “I'm curious... would your suits of armor know how to find you, even though they can’t see you? Whilst I don’t think any of us should be idle… there isn’t much for us to do between here and Arian. Not while we’re sitting in a carriage, that is.” She stopped, looking the map over once more… “I like the sound of your proposal. Could a few of the suits enter the holes made by the Shaelmaars, and follow us through the tunnels en route to Arian? Since you’d be with us above ground, you’ll be safe to focus on a multitude of them at once if need be. That way, by the time we get to Arian, we can know for certain which paths are safe to take and which aren’t, that is, those between the two towns. I can't speak for others.” She stood, pointing to the path on the map from Colby to Arian(’s mines), tracing them hither and thither until she stopped at Arian. “It’s possible we may come across some Shaelmaar holes that don’t connect to the mines… and it troubles me that you could potentially lose a few of your suits that you've worked so hard to construct, if that turns out to be the case. It’s up to you, though, what you choose to do with them.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II ; Lost Echo Lost Echo ; Astrophil Astrophil

Callan
Barry (mentioned)

“Hm. You’re more experienced than I thought. What d’you do, gobble ‘em all up?” Callan was joking of course. He assumed Tobias hunted as a person because Ramirez didn’t know he was a dragon.

“Oi, Barry! [loud whistle]” Callan called as he spotted the dwarf stomping by with a steaming mug of something.

Barry ignored him completely and went to serve Ashley his coffee.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

"uhhh when no ones looking...yeah" Tobias fidgited..."seems a waste not ta" he shrugged and started nibbling on his feathers as he preened them.

Genii Genii

Callan

Callan raised a wary brow. “… s’pose. So long as yer took off all the valuable bits first.”

“You ever fought a Wyrm? Ramirez reckons there’s a… what’re ya doin’?” The Siren found it too difficult to maintain a serious conversation whilst Tobias nibbled away on his feathers like an animal.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
"Naw...wouldnt mind trying.." he responded betweenn nibbles, pulling the feathers between his fangs and making ugly snuffly noises as he nibbles. "Groomin."

Callan

“Yeah, I can see that. We’re not livin’ in the dark ages. Use a preening comb… for f*ck sake...“ Callan grumbled.

“There’s a quest to hunt a Wyrm on the board. No gold in it, but…” There was an invitation there. A really crap indirect one.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Sure I'll help wit dat!" He grinned he'd love to help the guild out best he could. "Uh...whats a preening comb? My tongue and fangs work fine." He looked puzzeled tilting his hed to one side and opened one wing completely to show the three wing like extensions, giving them a winggle before folding them back. "Anyway the reward is seeing others happy." Tobias announced "not everyone can afford to pay with money."

Genii Genii

Callan

“A comb fer preening.” Callan dryly answered, then remembered Toby was a caveman and elaborated. “It’s got ‘oles in the teeth… fer oils.”

Oils he now obtained via Hannah, who liked to infuse them with perfumes and sneaky magical properties - fireproofing for example.

“Much easier than lickin’ y’self.” Because who had time for that, Callan thought as he checked out Toby’s wings.

“You sound like Ramirez. I don’t do this job to make people ‘appy. And the guild wouldn’t last too long if we hunted fer nothin’.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"oils?" tobias pondered for a moment then grinned. "Oh thats what you call dis stuff?!?" He made an ugly hruyk noise and squirted a iridescent liquid onto his palm from his mouth as if it was totally normal.
Genii Genii

Interaction: Percy, Samira (the horse), Ramirez, Thunder (the land drake), Anat, Callixto, and Arthy. ( Genii Genii Yonsisac Yonsisac Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil

Interaction: Calixto, Percy and Ramirez (Mentally with her family) Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil
Addendum: anger management i tell ya

Ana stood as she heard the explanation of what had happened....each time she thinks that Arthy just wants to mess around with Calixto...But it was not all bad. It clearly did show love and interest in each other so there was not much to say but, yea they were very close. But guess the ""Little"" Guy had the last laugh at the end of it all. "Well seems Arthy really had the last laugh i will tell you that Calixto...Mind if i Call you Cali for short? If you don't mind" She said as her eye moved over Ramirez and Percy as she should get her own mount...And she just had the idea. With a scratch under her chin and thought, should she really spend magic conjuring an animal? or she should save up for when the real show begins. she could ask to hitch a ride with maybe Percy or Ramirez but she wanted to wait and see. She knew Cricket was coming but she did not count, she was really small and could technically not take any space, But Pierre is so best wait for now if it was necessary to conjure some horses form for her and Pierre.

Reaching onto her side and taking the rolled parchment with the map "As far i can tell from what Beryl said, this should be a straightforward Point A to B. We are in other words heading far from the warning she established, and there are a few landmarks and spots we could take rest if need be....To be honest, i just hopes it stays that simple" She stated walking close to the group and offering the map if any was interested in taking a look, she did not want to be the only "Beholder" of the map and best share the info as some may know a lot more than her, especially when she is not from these parts. She looked up and did spot how late (?) it was being, as much she would disagree with the time they are leaving, by the time they arrive at the Mill, should be the next day and with new light if they don't go on foot.

As ana stood there, in her mind seems time froze as a voice spoke "My dearest Ana, i needed to tell you something. Your great grandfather seems a bit...Unwell with this way of improving one self, its a bit barbaric" A voice echoed in her head, she seemed to ignore it for a bit only to answer "Barsteel, we may speak later, right now is not the time. But i disagree. That is all. Now silence, please" The voice studently went silent, a rage followed, anger, "Ana YOU DAM- Ugh....You cant SILENCE us, especially ME! i swear once its my turn out of this DAM FORSAKEN BOOK! YOU BETTER GIVE ME A FIGHT! THIS DOESN'T SEEM LIKE MONSTER HUNTING!!!"
Ana laughed mentally "Durandal, please, relax, i said NOT now. I promise, maybe not this quest, i don't think i will need you"
The rage not silenced "YOU ALWAYS NEVER NEED ME! You are scared are you, ******* stupid cleric? Your god can't save you from a ******* punch now can he?! UGH! You are lucky i am in here or i would MAKE it a fight. YOU BETTER give me a fight or i will-"
"YOU will what durandal? Hurt me? You can't even touch me, I said relax, you being angry won't solve anything we talked about this"

The rage slowly went away "Look man, YOU KNOW how it feels being locked in this book with a smart ass and a clown?!? I am itching for a fight...**** you, blind ass cleric! HA! Bet you can't even READ holy text!...UGH FINE! but You better give me a fight soon..."
"Durandal, MANNERS please, Thus mustn't scream, we can HEAR you....the fool of muscle angers again" Ana sigh mentally remembering how annoying having this book sometimes could be....

Cricket finished her meal, licked her plate shiny, and in an attempt to impress her table mates (particularly that silent, stone faced orc on her left), gave her chest a few good thumps to get out a good belch. Unfortunately all that came forth was a sloppy “Ehk.” to which the little dog scrunched her face in annoyance and gave a disgruntled shrug. “Meh. WHELP! I’m (-” she hiccuped- “) off !” she told everyone like she knew them, then got down and ran off to grab her pack. “Latter! Nice to meet ya! (Hic!) Gotta go!”

Her orcish bench buddy looked down and noticed that that bone he never told her she could take was gone from his plate. Whatever. The rude little dog thing was gone with it.

Swipping her knappsack from the foot of the bar where she left it and grabbing a few essentials out of it, the little dog skipped out the front door to where Book Lady and co were waiting, licking her dinner off her chops and shrugging her bag to a comfortable position on her shoulders. The headstock of her banjo was sticking out the top of the bag like a ships mast, and just to look professional for the guys, she’d tucked her prized knife with its home made sheath- might as well have been dagger on her- diagonally into her cummerbund. It was a sinister looking thing with a red leather grip, a pommel like a scorpions stinger, and demented, grinning face with hungry eyes and bull horns for the cross guard. She was sure having it made her look, like, 100% more badass.

(Funny story: Cricket got the knife off a creepy albino who grabbed her off the street, tied her to an alter in his basement, and slit her paw to summon a daemon. The creep then tried to feed her to the summoned fiend as a virgin sacrifice, but the big guy only wanted virgins who BATHED regularly and wouldn’t give it a hairball, so Cricket told it that its high priest here obviously never got laid and slipped free of her restraints while it ate him.)

“AAAAAAAAright!” Cricket announced from the front porch. “I am fed ‘n ready to rooooooll! Let’s go sniff out some missing dudes!” She then saw the horse sized griffin. “WOAH! IS THAT ARTHY?!” She grinned, giving two thumbs up. “LOOK’N GOOD MY MAN! Ooh! I call dibs on saddle buddy!” Her finger flew up to touch her nose in a further bid to secure seating on a magic griffins ride. “NOSIES!”

Then Cricket noticed the 8 ft tall Land Dragon and the little dogs finger, ears, tail, and jaw all dropped in unison. “Woah.” She breathed, starting to reconsider seating arrangements. “Big Lizard-cow.”

Last edited:
Percival

“You can talk!” Percival forgot himself for a moment as he blurted that out. “You wouldn’t happen to be from Coventinia?” The teen asked, who he presumed must be Cricket.

He’d seen the island marked down on a map during one of Sir Henry’s geography lessons. Percy had laughed until his side ached learning about a kingdom ruled by dogs, until his mentor assured him that both the place and the dogfolk were real.

MrMopp MrMopp

_______

Callan

Callan made no effort to hide his disgust, shaking his head in disapproval. “… gods give me strength.” He breathed.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Oli Beju Oli Beju
Guild Hall
Siwai returned from the infirmary, healed up and ready to take on the world. He was winding one arm up in a quick stretch as he approached Rika and the other hunters gathered together.
"Looks like ya got some other people lined up huh, Rika?"

Genii Genii
Infirmary
Morgana was closing in quickly on completing her research on the Leshen. She scribbled her findings down in a ratty old notebook. "Now all I need to do is mix some of these components together. And we'll have some very useful tinctures, potions, and attack powders."
She had finally deconstructed the Leshen head enough to where it couldn't be pieces back together. Morgana had separated the magical connection by enclosing tendrils and bone fragments in separate glass containers.

A warm smile emanated from Rika as her young friend approached, looking well healed and and already, quite literally, winding up for the expedition. “I have!” She confirmed. “And you’re looking well refreshed and ready. Urzoth, Connor, Pierre and Goldie have decided to join us, along with possibly Callan. We’ve determined that it’d be in our best interest to embark on the morrow, that our allies can receive their needed rest, and hopefully…” She looked over to where Callan and Tobias were, “… that some of the eve’s ‘libation’ will pass, come the dawn.” She raised an eyebrow, but maintained her slight grin. No matter how captious, diffident, or guile she could sometimes become, the guildhall had a way of resonating with only her best attributes. It could almost be mistaken for magic, but if so, suspicion would have to fall on the frequenters and friends of the place, for they are who made the place home.

« Genii Genii ; nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams ; Lost Echo Lost Echo ; II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II ; Maxxob Maxxob ; Astrophil Astrophil »

Hannah (npc)
Infirmary

Hannah tilted her antlered head, trying to sneak a peek at Morgana’s notes. Leshens were creatures she kept away from usually, and none of the other guild members ever brought one home, so she was keen to know what potions could be made from them.

_______

Callan
Guildhall

“I’ll leave yer to it.” Callan said as he got up. He needed to let Rika know they’d be joining her on the wyrm hunt, and hopefully find Barry to order some drinks .

The Siren made his way over to the bar where Rika, Urzoth, Siwai and Godefroi were gathered.

“Alright, what’s the plan? Bombs n’ nose-pegs?” He flatly enquired as he stood behind them. He may have given Godefroi a grumpy glance for sitting on his stool.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Lost Echo Lost Echo Oli Beju Oli Beju

Rika’s eyebrow raised even higher at Callan’s remark. “I’m all for the nose plugs, but I believe detonating bombs in an enclosed space may cost you your feathers. I’ve seen a lot, but I don’t think I’m ready for the trauma of seeing your wings in complete dishabille just yet.” She laughed a bit. "So I take it, that this means you're coming along?"

« Genii Genii »

Oli Beju Oli Beju Genii Genii
Guild Hall
Siwai crossed his arms when Callan approached. "Oh joy." He mumbled. It was no secret around the guild that Siwai's generally joyful personality often clashed with Callan's surliness.

Infirmary
Still scribbling, Morgana didn't try to hide a thing from Hannah in her notebook. However her handwriting was abysmal and difficult to read. As for the notebook's contents there were plenty of insane ramblings and obscene symbols from necromantic incantations in the margins; in addition of course to her notes about Leshen parts.

Characters: Percy, Samira (the horse), Ramirez, Thunder (the land drake), Anat, Callixto, and Arthy. ( Genii Genii Yonsisac Yonsisac Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil )
Interaction: Cricket and Percy.
“You can talk!” Percival forgot himself for a moment as he blurted that out
Cricket merrily flung out her jazz hands and feet. “I CAN TALK!” She affirmed dramatically. “SURPRIIIIIIIIIIISE!” Reactions like this guys would get old one of these days, but for now, she was love’n it. It was good for busking, too. Talking dogs really drew in a crowd.

“You wouldn’t happen to be from Coventinia?” The teen asked, who he presumed must be Cricket.
Cricket laughed heartily. “YEP! I’m kinda surprised you knew that!” She trotted over to the guy and stuck out a paw. “I’m Cricket! Cricket Swatfly! Rambler, ambler, beggar and bard. How about you?”

Something occurred to her and she whipped her head over to Arthy’s guy. “Actualy,” she put a hand on her hip and pointed. “How about you?” She looked suddenly at Book Lady. “Or you?” Then to guy with the red cape. “Or whoever the heck this guy is!? Do I know anyone’s name here!?” She looked around at everyone like this was their fault somehow. “Can we do a get-to-know-you circle!? Arthy, you’re good.”

Thunder plodded over to sniff at the loud and excitable talking hound...the soft nose snuffling at them.

"I'm Ramirez and this is my loyal Lady Thunder." The hunter gestured to the land dragon with a smile.

MrMopp MrMopp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back