• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Toby turned his head to look in Callan's direction as he comically tried to puff the wet hair to one side so he could scowl at the siren. The tip of his tail twitching like an irked cat as he sat in the half filled pool, well..most of the pool was now filled with dragon. He let out a disappointed grumble and lifted up a paw to fish out what remained of his torn cloth and belt. Plopping them on the pool side.

Genii Genii

I… to be honest, I’m unsure.” Rika admitted. “I surmised that it was merely your name, or mayhaps a variation of it on account of your hair. Though it is possible that I’ve heard Callan remark something of similar note.” She spoke plainly and kindly, though stopped once again, pondering the different maneuvers that the group could take to approach the Wyrm’s tunnels. It wasn’t until the thought passed, that she’d suddenly realized what had been fact for all of five minutes: that Urzoth would be joining in the quest! Rika looked to them and nodded, thankfully. “The task may be difficult, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t say I feel much better knowing the company I’ll be keeping on this mission. We will do well.

Astrophil Astrophil ; Lost Echo Lost Echo

Well i have to give you options, can't just give you one and make it that, a bit unfair now is it?" She argued with a smirk as, well,
(Cricket turned up a palm and jogged her head. “Aright, aright, touché.” She conceded. She’d just been griping, anyway.)
“Knock yer’self out!” Barry called across to Cricket. There were platters of food on most of the tables by now, free to all who were members of the guild. Simply cooked meats, veggies and puddings were available, including a few (questionable) monster specials.
“OK! THANKS!” She called back.
"Alright cricket, You get some grub alright, i will be outside with the rest and setting up. If anything we will be right outside, seems we are not leaving just yet so i bet you have a few minutes to enjoy your meal." Ana added as some did not have horses or ways of transport, She does remember Ramirez and Percy had there own such as the beautiful land drake and horse respectively. With that she waved and pointed at Cricket where she will be, pointing specifically at the front door.
Crickets ears went up in alarm. Oh! They wanted to leave nowish. See, she must have missed that part. “Oh! Um OK THANKS! I’LL SCARF!” She promised with underlying anxiety. Book Lady might have told her to enjoy her meal- I mean, she believed her and she would enjoy it- but a dog always fears that their pack will ditch them if they they can’t keep up, so she had motivation not to dilly-dally.

Aright. Cricket clapped her paws together. Food. She ran over to a table and yapped amiably at it’s denizens as she climbed up, dished up, and proceeded to attack her meal like a savage, snorting and snarling as she forwent the silverware and drove her snout into her plate. Cricket was not an especially social eater, oddly. Just an atrocious one. She did courteously ask the Orc on her left if he was gonna chew on that turkey bone later, though….

( Astrophil Astrophil Yonsisac Yonsisac , I’ll have Cricket join you very shortly).

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

As the old man watched, he paid close attention to every action his apprentice did. The flow of the energies she used, how the matter he had conjured was being manipulated. But, if he were sincerely honest, he was surprised with the manner she decided to solve her first lesson. In fact, what he had imagined was something much different. And, even so, he was pleased with Meg’s results. When the stream of water began to flow and soak her, Balthazar was on his heels, rushing towards her, the best he could and, without a second thought, pulled her away from the pouring water. Grunting for the force he had to employ could be heard, a hearty ‘mmmph!’ with a few droplets of sweat forming around the sides of his face.

After he did it so, he stopped, catching his breath in a raggedy manner - “Ahhhh.. Ahhhh… phew…” - the old magus wiped the sweat from his forehead, taking another look at the blond-haired girl’s accomplishment - “Yes, you did it! Excellent work!” - the congratulations also came with a genuine smile from him. To think she would accomplish that much, in such a little time. He wasn’t wrong about her potential - “And to think I didn’t even need to set the courtyard on fire to give you the sense of urgency.” There wasn’t a single hint that what the man had just said was a joke. In truth, that was his exact plan, and it was good that it didn’t need to come to that.

Some may think it is strange that the wizard was being interested in teaching someone else. After all, his dedication was entirely towards furthering his own knowledge and powers. But, there was something that always had been in his mind: what about after he was gone? Maybe, in the girl, he saw an opportunity for his work continuing. Would she become as power driven as him? How far was she willing to go? Balthazar had gone through imaginable lengths to be where he stood at that very moment. And, even if all else didn’t turn the way he wished, there would still be, at least, one more spell caster in that dangerous world - “How are you feeling? You look like you have really strained your body trying to accomplish that… I am afraid that, as the mind advances, the body suffers, at least in the beginning” - he concluded, still watching the fountain in front of him.

Pierre
Interaction: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Pierre’s eating pace increased after the first few forks. The man kept eating, while hearing the reason why the emerald-eyed woman in front of him joined the guild. It appeared that she wasn’t the only one in her family with the skills to craft those intricate looking, high quality armors. He wondered for a moment how different would be the designs and quality of those made by her parents. Could they also control their creations, just like she had done so? An enigma… yet, he came to know that his family was not the only one with interrelationship problems. In fact, it looked like his problems with his father could not be compared to those Connor had faced. Wasn’t blood supposed to be thicker than water?

“Ah, so you are an expert entrepreneur, ma chérie? Building fortunes in two different fronts… You never cease to amaze me” - his eyes showed, with much honesty, the engrossment he felt for her at that very moment. And, with the last piece of his food being brought to his mouth, properly chewed and eaten, he had finished his meal. It was then that he was posed with an invitation: to come in a quest with golden-haired smith. The man had already pledged himself to set off to Darby, to look for the missing men. Maybe it was the very same quest? - “Would it perhaps be the quest towards Darby? The one about men that have gone missing? If it is so, I would love to accompany you” - he gave the armor-clad Connor a smile and a wink. It could be, after all, more time spent together. He had noticed the commotion at the entrance, it appeared that the group was already moving - ”Ah…. I think we need to get going, if that is the question” - he said, pointing at the guild’s entrance.

Interaction: Calixto, Percy and Ramirez (Mentally with her family) Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil
Addendum: anger management i tell ya

Ana stood as she heard the explanation of what had happened....each time she thinks that Arthy just wants to mess around with Calixto...But it was not all bad. It clearly did show love and interest in each other so there was not much to say but, yea they were very close. But guess the ""Little"" Guy had the last laugh at the end of it all. "Well seems Arthy really had the last laugh i will tell you that Calixto...Mind if i Call you Cali for short? If you don't mind" She said as her eye moved over Ramirez and Percy as she should get her own mount...And she just had the idea. With a scratch under her chin and thought, should she really spend magic conjuring an animal? or she should save up for when the real show begins. she could ask to hitch a ride with maybe Percy or Ramirez but she wanted to wait and see. She knew Cricket was coming but she did not count, she was really small and could technically not take any space, But Pierre is so best wait for now if it was necessary to conjure some horses form for her and Pierre.

Reaching onto her side and taking the rolled parchment with the map "As far i can tell from what Beryl said, this should be a straightforward Point A to B. We are in other words heading far from the warning she established, and there are a few landmarks and spots we could take rest if need be....To be honest, i just hopes it stays that simple" She stated walking close to the group and offering the map if any was interested in taking a look, she did not want to be the only "Beholder" of the map and best share the info as some may know a lot more than her, especially when she is not from these parts. She looked up and did spot how late (?) it was being, as much she would disagree with the time they are leaving, by the time they arrive at the Mill, should be the next day and with new light if they don't go on foot.

As ana stood there, in her mind seems time froze as a voice spoke "My dearest Ana, i needed to tell you something. Your great grandfather seems a bit...Unwell with this way of improving one self, its a bit barbaric" A voice echoed in her head, she seemed to ignore it for a bit only to answer "Barsteel, we may speak later, right now is not the time. But i disagree. That is all. Now silence, please" The voice studently went silent, a rage followed, anger, "Ana YOU DAM- Ugh....You cant SILENCE us, especially ME! i swear once its my turn out of this DAM FORSAKEN BOOK! YOU BETTER GIVE ME A FIGHT! THIS DOESN'T SEEM LIKE MONSTER HUNTING!!!"
Ana laughed mentally "Durandal, please, relax, i said NOT now. I promise, maybe not this quest, i don't think i will need you"
The rage not silenced "YOU ALWAYS NEVER NEED ME! You are scared are you, ******* stupid cleric? Your god can't save you from a ******* punch now can he?! UGH! You are lucky i am in here or i would MAKE it a fight. YOU BETTER give me a fight or i will-"
"YOU will what durandal? Hurt me? You can't even touch me, I said relax, you being angry won't solve anything we talked about this"

The rage slowly went away
"Look man, YOU KNOW how it feels being locked in this book with a smart ass and a clown?!? I am itching for a fight...**** you, blind ass cleric! HA! Bet you can't even READ holy text!...UGH FINE! but You better give me a fight soon..."
"Durandal, MANNERS please, Thus mustn't scream, we can HEAR you....the fool of muscle angers again" Ana sigh mentally remembering how annoying having this book sometimes could be....

Callan

“Steady...” Callan calmly raised his hands up as the dragon scowled and grumbled. Had he known the prank would have lead to this he never would have booted the rookie. “-didn’t mean any ‘arm.”

The Siren continued to back up, then went to latch the bathhouse door shut. He returned and picked up Tobias’ soggy shredded shirt.

“This happen often?” He asked, referring to the ruined clothes.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

The dragon lowered its head down to rest on the pool side and let out a slow and frustrated grumble to Callan's question. He liked that top too it was comfy... at least the pool is nice and warm still

Genii Genii

Callan

Callan let the useless fabric drop back to the floor with a ‘splat’. “Explains why you were b*llock-naked back in the cave.” He thought out loud, and went in search of a towel.

He eventually found one, although it was wet like everything else in the room. The Siren tossed it Toby’s way, only for it to open out and land over the dragon’s face.

“Might ‘ave something I can loan yer.” It would be small, but at least the man wouldn’t be nude. “Can you change back?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Tobias grunted, at least he was warm n relaxed after the shock...splap! He sat his head up as it was splatted with a wet towel, earning a disaproving growl.

He fanned the sodden wings and gave em a flap showering callan with water as he slowly stood up in the pool. The dragon was quiet for a moment before huffing n grunting as scales moved, bones crunched as his form started to shrink.

The naked Tobias looking rather pathetic in the ankle deep pool. Wings hugging round himself and towel on his head.

Genii Genii

Meg was so stunned it took me a moment to realize she was moving backward. Only after the water was no longer on her face did she assist, using her legs to kick further back and way, spraying mud a bit as she did so.

She panted in time with the elderly man, surprised at how tired she was. She even hesitated to stand, as her head was swimming. She thought she heard him offer to set the courtyard on fire. Shaking her head just in case, though it did not help the ache, she took a moment to settle her breathing Absentmindedly, she pulled the water from her clothes, wincing as she tried to force it again at first, but then relaxing as she went back to asking. She let it flow back into the mud puddle being formed.

She stumbled when she stood up, only now missing her staff, as she tried to make her legs work, “A bit like the Shale- mar hit me. Or I rolled around like one.” Standing, she kept her hands out to maintain balance as her vision cleared, “That was hard.” She understated.

Callan

Callan grumbled and used one of his wet wings to shield himself from more water. He lowered it and watched with great interest as the dragon transformed back into a human - sort of.

Toby actually resembled a Siren, with his pointed ears and feathered wings, only Sirens were shorter and no longer had wing spurs.

Callan tried his hardest not to smirk at the towel covered rookie, but he couldn’t help himself.

“Come on. We better shove-off, or Beryl will ‘ave us mopping till midnight.” The Siren suggested.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"but...shouldn't we clean up? we did make the mess after all." Tobias asked as he followed Callan looking rather embarrassed, his clawed feet tapping on the tiles.

Genii Genii

Callan

“What’s with all the ‘we’?” Callan unbolted the bathhouse doors and quick-marched outside into the yard. “You’re the one who made the splash.”

The Siren stopped and frantically flapped his wings to try and dry them.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Callan

“Aye… well… [cough].” Callan wafted the blue cloud of smoke out of his face. “Might teach you not to be so gullible. Besides, you needed a good wash.” Rookie smelt like the woods, hay, and a hint of Pestle.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Callan

Callan sighed in response to all the puffing and pouting. Though if someone had pushed him into the pool he’d have exploded too… perhaps not literally, but still.

“Alright, I’m sorry.” He said in all seriousness. “Didn’t mean ter upset yer, and I didn’t know you couldn’t swim. Do dragons not do that?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"well....most rivers and lakes are shallow when Im all big ya know? The ocean is too salty and cold, blegh" the newbie grimmaced at the thought of salty fish

Genii Genii

Faceless

Dressed in something more homely than his usual leather armor/fabric robe outfit that he’d been using since he’d moved in two weeks ago, Faceless appeared at the top of the stairs leading from the dormitory down into the main Guild Hall. Homely didn’t mean the outfit was any less concealing than his usual clothes, though. It was still made up of various layers of thick fabrics. Normally when he’d gone out it was always accompanied by the sound of glass vials clinking against pewter bottles ticking against metal containers rubbing against various fabric pouches but this time he appeared quietly. He also put on his ‘social’ mask, with the soft, inviting blue stripe painted down the middle of it, as a quiet sign that he wouldn’t mind a little chat here or there.

Nursing a pewter cup, which contained some sort of steaming substance, in his gloved hands, he slowly walked down the stairs, allowing his clear white eyes to scan the lower floor. It was weird that he had any sort of drink or food in hand as he never removed his mask and it wasn’t the first time either. He assumed it was just one of those mysteries the others tried to understand about him. He recognized a few people, aside from the staff members, but only by sight. They all had faces, suits of armor or non-human physical features that drew attention. Much like his masks. He arrived at the bottom and stood there for a moment, simply looking at all the people going about their business.

He’d tried to get some work done in his room but he’d dozed off for some reason. It was probably not a day for great breakthroughs at work. Some sort of raucous entertainment in the yard had woken him up and an annoyed glance at the place told him that the entertainment was more of the bawdy variety as a bunch of wet people were running around the place in towels. Unable to focus on work and not willing to waste the day with napping, Faceless had decided to head downstairs and take a look at the work provided by his new job.

While Faceless had been a frequent customer of the services provided by the Hunter’s Inn for the last five years or so, he’d only recently become a permanent fixture of the place after signing up as an adventurer. He was currently in that rosy-clouded period of time where he could boast a 100 percent success rate and zero death rate on his quests, having completed a grand total of one quests in the two weeks he’d been an adventurer so far. A proud achievement to be sure.

He walked over to the large oak-framed board in the hall, taking care to keep a physical distance from others so they wouldn’t bump into him by accident, or as planned. He was a mystery after all and adventurers were a curious sort, by their nature. He looked over the board, slowly, deliberately reading each and every request pasted on the board. Occasionally, he’d reach out and, with a single finger, lifted a corner here or there so he could read whatever part of a quest request was hidden underneath.

When his attention was finally drawn to an interesting request, he moved closer to the board and moved the steaming pewter cup closer to his face, as if to take a sip from it. Ghouls? Don’t they have… What was it again? Paralysis? Yeah, paralytic venom on their claws… or fangs or… some part at least. Faceless titled his head ever so slightly as he tried to recall some snippet of information he’d read in a sidenote somewhere once. Could be useful. Maybe as a smoke or poison? A non-lethal solution? I probably should prepare some measures before going as well. Maybe Bead tree seeds as a paste? Or Vatanasini leaf juice? Hmm…

The rules of the Inn did state that he wouldn’t be allowed to go on his own, especially not considering his rookie status among the adventurers. His rank was a technicality, really, but they weren’t his rules and so he simply followed them. All he had to do was find some people to go with him and there were plenty of them seemingly doing nothing right here. Nursing the cup with both hands again he turned to the room. He spoke rather loudly, mainly to overcome the general noise of a busy Inn but also the permanent covering of his mouth by the mask.

“Have you guys seen this noble guy with the ghoul problem? Anyone interested in taking a look? It even says he’s offering free booze to go and talk to him.” It didn’t, but Faceless wasn’t worried about forking over a few coins later for some booze. He let his suggestion sink in to the adventurers present for a moment. “Anyway, I’m putting my name on it. If anyone is interested, do let me know. Dibs and all, as you know.” And so he did, both his name and his dormitory room number, just in case.

Now, just in case there was some official part involved in the whole process, Faceless looked around for Beryl and when he spotted her, walked over to her. “Beryl, darling? I mean, Boss Lady? Do I sign up somewhere for any of these quests? I figured I should go and earn my keep while I'm here.” He half-shrugged, as if it was merely an afterthought that adventurers had to, in fact, adventure in order to be able to claim said title. Whatever was in the pewter cup seemed to have lost most of its heat throughout all this as the steam had gotten very thin by now.

Beryl

Beryl raised an unamused brow at being called ‘darling’. “Sir will do.” She corrected the masked rookie.

“Once you’re ready, all you need do is remove the quest slip from the board and set out on your hunt.” The half-orc explained.

There was more to it than that. Some magic that recorded which hunters were where at all times (thanks to the contract they’d signed), but Beryl didn’t understand it nor want follow up questions, so ‘grab a quest and go’ was the straightforward answer.

“-not alone mind you… especially after the attack in Silverfrond.” Beryl warned with a serious expression. “Two hunters minimum, and as you’re a rookie I’d recommend pairing up with a veteran or two.”

Holyhalo Holyhalo

_______

Callan

“You’re not wrong… but it’d be a good idea ter learn.” Callan suggested. “Might stop you panickin’ n’ burstin’ out yer britches.”

He stared over at Balthazar and his big eared buddy for a moment, before turning back to Tobias.

“Let’s get back inside.” The Siren gestured to the doors that led back into the guildhall. “Go sit by the fire… I’ll fetch yer some clothes.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo Maxxob Maxxob

"yeah dat sounds good..." He followed Cal in and sat himself by the fire a little self concious of the other hunters milling about as he sat their in his birthday suit n towel, puffing his white wings up in and effort to hide and dry them faster.

Genii Genii

Callan

Callan’s feet squelched inside his boots and his lion-like tail painted a wet streak in his wake as he made for the dormitory stairs.

Up in his room, he got out of his wet armour and threw on a laced linen shirt and trousers.

Finding clothes for Tobias would be tricky, but Callan picked up a formal black tunic, belt and pants for the man before heading back downstairs with them.

“‘ere.” Callan tossed the folded bundle to the rookie before joining him by the fire.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias took the clothes to the face, then grumbled a thank you tugging them on. He ruffled his wings again and loosly spread them to catch the heat from the fire. "looks like its gettin busy?" Tobias glanced at the bustling tarvern area.

Genii Genii

'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

"I think it's a quest to the mines... I think I zoned out after hearing about Silverfrond, but I caught the essentials about the quest." Connor answered as she began finishing off what was left on her plate, feeling a renewed sense of vigor surging through her as stomach started feeling full and warm. She stood up after finishing up her plate and began getting the cramps out her shoulders, taking her plate and silverware and setting them with the rest of the dishes awaiting to be washed. When she returned to the table it was to push in the chair, though his offer to do the same quest together was something that brought her gaze back to Pierre's eyes. "I'm down for a quest together, so if you want to join us then feel free to." She said with a wink before turning towards Rika. She had been listening in on their plans, but with how little the group knew about her from the sounds of it she gave an inaudible sigh. Fully opening her visor she sat down at their table and dug her hand into her satchel, fulling out a map of Colby and comparing it with the information from the quest notice. Her hand then pulled out a quill and a spare sheet of paper, copying the major cities and landmarks onto the sheet of paper before drawing a massive circle around where she had marked the mines. Her actions made little sense for the moment, but her lips anticipating their orders made it clear she intended to explain what's on her mind. And soon enough that moment came.

"I know some of you already know me, but I'm Connor. Now, here's what you need to know about me." She started, pointing at one part of the circles edge. "This circle represents how far the control of my armor expands, with any armor I've forged able to be controlled within this area. However, I am limited to thirty-two sets of armor in total, it prioritizes the armor closest to me upon initially casting the spell, and each set of armor has to manually walk or otherwise traverse to where I command them to go. In addition, each suit of armor has magic imbued into them, making them able to cast most magic spells I can. Each set of armor can fight as well as your average knight, though without any mortality to lose they can keep fighting until they become irreparable." Connor paused as she waited for the rest of the group to process all of the information she gave them, folding up her map and scooting aside the quill and paper before pointing to the quest notice. "As for how we proceed, it'd be wise to have my armor scout the mines ahead of time, as I can use my magic to 'see' what they see and get an idea what awaits us when we clear it out for a more concrete plan. As for how we'll get there, I had some of my sets of armor get Deus and the merchant wagon prepared for the journey, and there's room for about... Six people in total."

Maxxob Maxxob Oli Beju Oli Beju Astrophil Astrophil Lost Echo Lost Echo
(I hope I've tagged everyone involved in the mine quest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back