• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier Initiative - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Now I'm a little torn on my character as I see a lot of different roles to fill.
I know I would enjoy being a part of SecDiv and would likely fill a role as a security contractor or body guard. If someone has a character in mind where they would need a personal bodyguard I would be happy to collab with you in fact.

I also see a really good opportunity for being a pilot as part of LogDiv. Cause flying is just cool and Top Gun Maverick is still on my mind.

All that said I'm curious if others are willing to share what roles they are considering cause I want to pick a role that will make the group well-rounded. Cause if we need an Admin I could fill a slot there as well.

I have pretty much two character ideas so far. Either I go LogDiv as a pilot with technical experience or act as some sort of corporate liaison. That said, R&D is really interesting to me as well so I'm keeping my options open.

I say be whatever you want. We can be the most dysfunctional team humanly possible with like thirteen botanists, one plumber, and a sentient toaster but at least everyone will be what they wanna be.

"A sentient toaster."

The UN wants to know your location.

Jokes aside, I have some NPCs lined up that I'll post later tonight. One for each remaining division so one for Admin, one DevDiv, one LogDiv and a UN observer. They'll tag along and help move the narrative forward, initiate plots, etc.

Well, now I have to resist the urge to just be an entire team of botanists all on my own because I find that concept hilarious.

I'll definitely put myself wherever I think I will be the happiest, but I like to stretch my legs every now and then and try new things. Like Admin.Or a Sentient toaster, cause I have certainly never done that.

I know Viper will be organized enough to keep us going anyway. All the same, I like being a team player when I can.

I see a very simple solution to this

Play as a sentient toaster that had the minds and personalities of thirteen different botanists uploaded into it and watch the chaos of thirteen scientists sharing only one mind and body fight for executive control over their motor functions

Calibutcher Calibutcher Be the best botanist, my guy.

Viper Actual Viper Actual tell me more bout these colonial rangers tho.

Yo. Making a SecDiv medic that might just desire to be a fulltime colonist.
  • Unusual advertisement: If anyone wants to play a colonist couple I'm interested in that dynamic for this setting, especially an Admin or DevDiv character.

That's it! that is the solution. And not a single one can ever decide how they like their toast to be cooked. So HEAVEN forbid someone tries to use the toaster as an actual toaster!

Calibutcher Calibutcher Be the best botanist, my guy.

Viper Actual Viper Actual tell me more bout these colonial rangers tho.

Yo. Making a SecDiv medic that might just desire to be a fulltime colonist.
  • Unusual advertisement: If anyone wants to play a colonist couple I'm interested in that dynamic for this setting, especially an Admin or DevDiv character.

So, essentially, the Colonial Rangers are volunteer security personnel usually under UN-jurisdiction that are trained to be something of a mix between a game ranger, a mall cop and a sheriff. Most colonies have one, two or more that just keep the general population safe, track dangerous wildlife and map the nearby terrain etc.

So, essentially, the Colonial Rangers are volunteer security personnel usually under UN-jurisdiction that are trained to be something of a mix between a game ranger, a mall cop and a sheriff. Most colonies have one, two or more that just keep the general population safe, track dangerous wildlife and map the nearby terrain etc.
Yallah, akhi. Okay, I get it. Are you thinking it to be like volunteering as an addon to your other duties or as a fulltime job?

Yallah, akhi. Okay, I get it. Are you thinking it to be like volunteering as an addon to your other duties or as a fulltime job?
It could be either one depending on what colony you serve on. In Krasivyy's case you could be a part-time ranger considering that there's a security fence around the colony perimeter and clear safety guidelines to prevent people from waddling off into acidic pools or getting eaten by carnivorous megaflora.

Dropped the NPCs. Also- for the record- all of the player characters will be part of the 3rd Krasivyy Exp.- the planet will be completely new to all of you. Forgot to mention that before.

I'm currently undertaking the hardest part of any character sheet: Trying to find a face claim that doesn't make me visibly cringe to look at.

How many characters are we allowed to possess at one time? I'm not really sure if I would like more than one yet, just asking for a reference.

So far, I'm playing with someone in the security sector or some sort of archeologist. I'm unsure about the latter. (Is there evidence of intelligent life here?)

"Nothing of interest going on here Citizen... be on your way."

1.jpg

How many characters are we allowed to possess at one time? I'm not really sure if I would like more than one yet, just asking for a reference.

So far, I'm playing with someone in the security sector or some sort of archeologist. I'm unsure about the latter. (Is there evidence of intelligent life here?)
One character per player and to answer your second question;

Not that the BCC would have you know.

Just expressing my thoughts, I have the idea of the SSID being sent over to "protect their contractor's interests on the planet." - at least the formal reason for their presence. In truth, several new drones and combat experiments have been secretly shipped for trials. These unclaimed (not that the SSID know about the locals..) lands would be a great use to test new weaponry. 😉

I have it in my mind that the SSID are up to some 'less than good' intentions.

That works with me! I have an SSID-rep NPC lined that you could, uhm, strategize with as well if needed be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back