• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Citizen Spear OOC

Characters
Here
Luna4s Luna4s Sorry for the delete. I just realized we were clogging up CS
Ah, apologies. I hadn't realised there was an OOC. Still new to navigating the site.

I hadn't realised in this world it would be normal for everyone to have undergone some basic military training. I figured that the city would've been relatively safe until suddenly it's not. And people will have to manage and adapt. But if him having undergone some gun training and having a basic firearm would make more sense. I can change that. I do think he'd still be rather limited at first, just a handgun with regular bullets. Unless even that wouldn't make sense?
If the world is really so dangerous as that even going in nature to observe the flora would be lethal. He'd probably have some things on him that'd aid with escaping dangerous monsters, rather than fighting them. Perhaps some kind of stun baton for close range and a few enchanted bullets he'd have access to through the university? For when they go on field missions for studies.

Ah, apologies. I hadn't realised there was an OOC. Still new to navigating the site.

I hadn't realised in this world it would be normal for everyone to have undergone some basic military training. I figured that the city would've been relatively safe until suddenly it's not. And people will have to manage and adapt. But if him having undergone some gun training and having a basic firearm would make more sense. I can change that. I do think he'd still be rather limited at first, just a handgun with regular bullets. Unless even that wouldn't make sense?
If the world is really so dangerous as that even going in nature to observe the flora would be lethal. He'd probably have some things on him that'd aid with escaping dangerous monsters, rather than fighting them. Perhaps some kind of stun baton for close range and a few enchanted bullets he'd have access to through the university? For when they go on field missions for studies.
It's all good. Also it's dangerous in the wild but not necessarily lethal every time you go outside. The truly dangerous monsters are pretty rare. I'm also sure that there are countries without training for civilians because it's pretty safe. I was just going for the idea that this is more of a frontier area that is more dangerous than the centers of civilization.

It's all good. Also it's dangerous in the wild but not necessarily lethal every time you go outside. The truly dangerous monsters are pretty rare. I'm also sure that there are countries without training for civilians because it's pretty safe.
We'll I'll adjust the kind of weapons he has on what'd make the most sense for him to have at the start. And he'll likely adapt and get more advanced things as the story moves on. But if any young man would've gotten some kind of basic militia training in the country they live in. He'd know how to shoot a gun from that, but I'm not sure if it'd make sense for him to have one on him. I could see him having had a stun gun for more dangerous expeditions to study wild animals, but I'm not sure if a stun gun would exist in the setting? (Also I doubt he'd carry around the stun gun in the city if the city is mean to be safe. At least, not until it's no longer safe.)

We'll I'll adjust the kind of weapons he has on what'd make the most sense for him to have at the start. And he'll likely adapt and get more advanced things as the story moves on. But if any young man would've gotten some kind of basic militia training in the country they live in. He'd know how to shoot a gun from that, but I'm not sure if it'd make sense for him to have one on him. I could see him having had a stun gun for more dangerous expeditions to study wild animals, but I'm not sure if a stun gun would exist in the setting? (Also I doubt he'd carry around the stun gun in the city if the city is mean to be safe. At least, not until it's no longer safe.)
It's all good, there are cattle prods and such. But stun guns are not really good defensive items. Bear Spray/Monster Spray is probably his best bet. And as a monster ecologist you probably can make your own specific concoctions. The city is not safe because it's not a city but a small Frontier town

Your character would be like the equivalent of a big city wildlife biologist moving to Alaska. Only with vampires and magic. Tech level is modern. Luna4s Luna4s

Your character would be like the equivalent of a big city wildlife biologist moving to Alaska. Only with vampires and magic. Tech level is modern. Luna4s Luna4s
OHh, ok. I hadn't realised that we were in a small frontier town. In that case he'd probably have bear/monster spray on him and maybe a cattle prod as well. And we're fully modern? I'm actually not that familiar with modern weaponry. So I might need some help with accurately describing those.
He'd definitely be in town for his specific research in monsters then.

OHh, ok. I hadn't realised that we were in a small frontier town. In that case he'd probably have bear/monster spray on him and maybe a cattle prod as well. And we're fully modern? I'm actually not that familiar with modern weaponry. So I might need some help with accurately describing those.
He'd definitely be in town for his specific research in monsters then.
It's all good my friend. Have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back