• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Announcement
  • Also! Just letting everyone know that I added the different rulers of the kingdoms in the lore thread. Check it out

Q&A - Magic Weaponry
  • For magic weaponry, I assume it's just enchanted equipment? Like fire swords and stuff like that?
    yup! armors imbued with magic that gives them resistance to some types of magic (light-resistant armor, fire-resistant armor, etc), swords with different elemental attributes, arrows with different elemental attributes, etc.

feel free to be creative though as long as it makes sense lol

Q&A - Plot Questions
  • Since the setting is large, is there any requirement for the characters to be in certain place so they can have easier time interacting with each other?
    Also, im making a vampire hunter
    Yep! Thinking of starting off the roleplay with the slayers being assigned to kill a group of creatures while the whisperers are assigned to protect the group of creatures, probably a large pack of werewolves who are at their weakest during a waning moon. It’ll allow them to clash and set the scene. Still a work in progress though while we wait for more characters lol

I gotta work out some details but one of the bigger plots is that I plan to have the slayers and whisperers come together to deal with a common enemy that threatens the race of humanity as a whole to the point it can’t be ignored. I’m thinking maybe a dark entity starts corrupting the creatures that makes them act hostile outside of their own instincts??

Q&A - CS Deadline
  • Hello! Do we have a deadline for the CS?
    I still would like to give people more time to fill out their CS since there seemed to be a lot of interest on the interest check, though maybe they missed the links LOL

It’s hard to say because I would want to start the rp soon while I still have people’s interest. For now, I’ll say try to have your OC up by April 20 aka this Wednesday

Last edited:
    Q&A - Plot Questions (2)
  • Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Are we allowed to create our own faction? I'm thinking of creating a black market company called CORVUS which mainly operates in Viridium but also has a growing presence all over the world. Essentially, they deal with illegal tradings of mythological creatures with both Slayers and Whisperers.
    Oooh sounds intriguing. It sounds good! Any ideas like that for the RP are usually what I consider as adding to the worldbuilding. If you don't mind, I would love it if you could send me more info or a description through DM so that I can add it to the lore thread.

Q&A - Creature Questions
  • Can Beta creatures improve themselves magically or physically speaking to be able to hold their own against alpha?

They could, but ultimately the alpha would most likely succeed power-level wise. Even so, creatures don’t really tend to fight amongst each other since they stick with themselves and simply coexist aside from probably territorial issues. Usually the danger comes from human interference.

Q&A - World Questions
  • Have the kingdoms with mainly Whisperer societies outlawed the slaying/hunting of magical creatures?
    Yep! The only exceptions are if the slayers have a Rozemer-certified commission targeting mythical creatures if they're a large threat that can't be solved by the surrounding Whisperers. For example, perhaps there's a stampede of Minotaurs and they're too aggressive for Whisperers to be able to soothe. They would rely on slayers as a last resort, but ONLY if other options aren't working out.

Xyberion would have a no slay/kill policy. But of course, that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen illegally lol.

Last edited:
    Q&A - Creature Bonding (2)
  • Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance I have a question: say in the beginning of the roleplay my character can tame Beta-level creatures, would it be possible through character-development and story progression for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha-level creature? Or will she only ever be able to tame Beta-level creatures since I'm making her a young adult?
    It's possible! It all depends on your character's experience. It wouldn't make sense for a 22-year-old who's just starting their whisperer journey to suddenly be able to communicate with a dragon vs. a 22-year-old who's been training and has had real-world experience since they were young.

I hope I explained it correctly lol

Last edited:
    Q&A - Creature Bonding (3)
  • So say for instance I have one of my characters parents also as a Whisperer and they began teaching my character from a young age, maybe she traveled with them on their journeys, would it be possible for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha creature later on in the roleplay? Or would I be able to have her tame an Alpha creature in the beginning of the roleplay?
    For story progression purposes I would prefer later on in the roleplay (: taming an Alpha at a young age is still an extremely rare occurrence since it's a matter of both experience and skill. I mentioned this before to someone else whose question was on the same topic: as long as you have a proper explanation as to how their bond came to be that reflects the skill of the Whisperer then I’m okay with it.

My main thing is that I just don’t want too many people claiming to be able to bond with Alpha creatures immediately since Alphas are supposed to be super strong and it would diminish the rarity of it.

Last edited:
    Q&A - Guild Questions
  • Excellent! Hehe, illegal just means more payment when it's done. I was thinking that Arquen has been well traveled over the years as a Slayer so he probably sought out contracts and quests from these kingdoms. Thanks!

Also another one, does each guild only allow their guild members to get a quest from their board or do they allow other guild members access to it?
    Oh this was actually a detail I was working on for the lore LOL

Each kingdom will have a common request board where citizens or travelers who are seeking the help of a slayer's guild can put in their requests on a form that states the location, reward amount, and issue. The request board is a magical innovation that is powered by light magic. It uses channels of light energy that connect to each guild's own request boards.

The guilds will see this:
    - Any request form that is open to any guild (aka fair game to all the guilds)
    - Any request form that requests the help of their own specific guild.

So if someone wanted to request help from the Narcos guild and put it up on the community request board, that request will only show up on Narcos' request board. If they put up a request that is open to any guild members, then that request will show up on all three of the guilds' request boards, including Narcos.

If a request has been taken but has not been fulfilled yet, there will be a red X on the request form to show that someone has taken it and their request is a work in progress. If the slayer fails to fulfill the request, then the X will be removed and anybody can take it on again. If the slayer succeeds, then the request form will disappear from all of the boards and the requester will be notified. Typically the requester will go to the guild's headquarters to grant their reward.

Requests are allowed to stay up for two weeks, but people are allowed to repost their requests again if the issue has not been solved.

Last edited:
    Announcement 3
  • Regarding the official roleplay, the thread will be posted sometime during the rest of this week (Friday-Sunday).

A summary of what the opening scene will be like:
    The roleplay will start off with the characters chilling in their respective headquarters. The slayers will be in their guilds, whereas the whisperers will be instructed through birds to meet up with their clan leaders. Since there are lesser whisperers, I'll have them meet up together and collaborate. If I remember correctly, Zabyne isn't connected to a clan so . D O V E . D O V E you can choose for her to either spy on the slayers or the whisperers lol just let me know. Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Same thing for Kavi.

Anyways, so the clan and guild leaders will gather their members who they think are capable (your characters) and will explain what is going on: there is going to be a blood moon in two days' time and during that blood moon, large werewolf packs will gather together and be at their most vulnerable for a moment before entering a stage where they transform into larger, carnivorous, deranged versions of themselves.

So to clarify: werewolves on the regular ---> werewolves during a blood moon

The guild leaders will order their members to go kill them because they pose a huge threat to traders and merchants since the werewolf grounds are near a popular trade route (side note: blood moon werewolves are also worth a ton of money for you business-oriented characters 👀). The clan leaders will ask for their members to go with them to guard the werewolf packs because it is a necessary stage for the werewolves to go through in order for them to not go bloodlust crazy during regular full moons, which are more frequent.

Then during the night of the blood moon, the two sides will meet and boom boom pow! Reunions, first meetings, and fights :3

I will be playing in the roleplay as NPCs and other minor characters, possibly some creatures to set the scenes and stuff too so you all aren't 1v1-ing yourselves against creature fights lol.

So to make things clear, the characters will be starting out in different locations based on where the clans and guilds are. All the characters will be with their respective guild comrades and stuff. THEN, when we get to the blood moon night, that's when ALL of the characters will be able to meet each other for the first time.

I hope that makes sense lol

If you plan to have battles between characters, I highly recommend for you to plan with each other about how the battle will be orchestrated (like deciding on who will win, what hits will land, who's dodging what etc) so that everyone knows what's going on. I think it's just the better way to avoid disputes and misunderstandings lol

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Circe Circe AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sunsmiter Sunsmiter turtwigwins turtwigwins Ambiloquous Ambiloquous seasonedcat seasonedcat VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Juju Juju Athanas Athanas SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
    Q&A: Housing
  • stupid question time, do we live in the guild or would you live in your own home. Does the guild look just like a tavern or something 😭
    Typically their own homes, but most of the settings will be in either the guilds or other areas where the plot takes place. It’s like a workplace. A lot of people are usually in and out of the guilds anyways because they go on jobs constantly so nobody really stays there for long lol.

The only ones who stay at the guild most of the time are the guild leaders. Guilds offer dining and entertainment for members to replenish themselves after they come back from their journeys. They also have the main hall where the request boards are, libraries, study halls for some peace, training grounds, and limited dormitories for members who don’t have a home or just prefer staying on guild grounds.

You can choose whether your character has their own home or is staying in the dormitory.

For clan members, you also have the choice of having a home but it may be inconvenient considering how much traveling the occupation requires.

Announcement: Plot
  • Hi all!

I have posted a poll in the main thread so that we can decide together on what we want next after the guilds/clans explain the mission.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 2.31.52 PM.png

As you can see, you have two choices:
    1 - Timeskip straight to the day of the blood moon for plot progression
    2 - Timeskip to a random day during preparations before the blood moon so that characters can have some time to interact with each other, either among their guild/clan mates or just random run-ins between characters

I'd like for everyone to be aware of what's going on as much as possible so that there are no inconsistencies and as well as have the option to choose so that the roleplay can be enjoyable for all of us. As usual, the option with the most votes will be the winner!

I will not be participating in the voting for obvious reasons HAHA, I'm happy with whatever the majority wants.
    Send your votes in asap! Teamwork indeed makes the dreamwork :bishiesparklesl:

turtwigwins turtwigwins Athanas Athanas AI10100 AI10100 Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Circe Circe Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sunsmiter Sunsmiter VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles SilverFeathers SilverFeathers . D O V E . D O V E animegirl20 animegirl20

ANNOUNCEMENT 4/28/22
  • Circe Circe AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles animegirl20 animegirl20 Athanas Athanas Sunsmiter Sunsmiter VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum turtwigwins turtwigwins

Hello everyone!

ROLEPLAY UPDATE
    Introduction-of-the-mission phase is over, so please make sure to wrap things up (retiring for the night, going off to do something until morning, etc) for your character in your next RP post if you have not already. After everyone has posted their next replies, I will be moving on and posting a time skip to the next day.

Based on the majority vote, the next scene will be a day of preparations where characters can interact with each other. I probably won't be posting much during this portion except for the intro-to-next-day post since this is mostly for you guys to build friendships or other relationships among your characters/team. This will mostly be a free-for-all for you players unless you specifically want to interact with a guild or clan leader NPC. Just lmk in advance.

Thanks everybody! Happy roleplaying.

Last edited:
    Announcement
  • AI10100 AI10100 Juju Juju Athanas Athanas SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Circe Circe Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Sunsmiter Sunsmiter VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator turtwigwins turtwigwins SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . D O V E . D O V E seasonedcat seasonedcat animegirl20 animegirl20

If you have already posted a response regarding to what I mentioned in the last announcement post, please disregard this.

Still waiting for a few people to leave a response so that we can move on in the roleplay! Remember, your response needs to include your character resting or doing whatever for the rest of the night. It’s been a while since the last post, and that’s partly to blame for myself since I wasn’t able to do much curating due to final exams, but please post up a reply as soon as you can. As a reminder, I did say in the rules that you have to post at least twice a week unless something comes up and you have informed me.

If you have anything to tell me feel free to DM!

Back