• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Q&A - CS Deadline
Hello! Do we have a deadline for the CS?
I still would like to give people more time to fill out their CS since there seemed to be a lot of interest on the interest check, though maybe they missed the links LOL

It’s hard to say because I would want to start the rp soon while I still have people’s interest. For now, I’ll say try to have your OC up by April 20 aka this Wednesday

Last edited:
Will try to have mone up by then, been quite busy these couple days and probably in the future too

So I had a question-The lore says that humans can have one special magical ability of their own. Does this have to be a generalist ability, or can it encompass several more specialized parts of the same kit?

So I had a question-The lore says that humans can have one special magical ability of their own. Does this have to be a generalist ability, or can it encompass several more specialized parts of the same kit?
Could you give me an example of what you mean for clarification? Was there a certain ability that you had in mind?

The idea is that rather than it being a single ability with several smaller abilities that on their own are not as effective but in tandem make up for the power level.

In my case, I wanted my character's ability to be the ability to perform some sort of switch between a human and a "wraith" form, fuelled by dark magic. The wraith's incorporeal nature, talons, etc.. cannot all be encompassed by a catch-all power.

Does that make sense? Sorry, I kind of suck at explaining.

The idea is that rather than it being a single ability with several smaller abilities that on their own are not as effective but in tandem make up for the power level.

In my case, I wanted my character's ability to be the ability to perform some sort of switch between a human and a "wraith" form, fuelled by dark magic. The wraith's incorporeal nature, talons, etc.. cannot all be encompassed by a catch-all power.

Does that make sense? Sorry, I kind of suck at explaining.
Hmm...

I think the way I would personally write it would be that your character has a Shadow Absorption ability. I think you mentioned before that your character was a slayer, so maybe they absorb the shadows of the creatures that they've killed (in your case, wraith) into their own, and through that absorption, they can use it to enhance their own body with the wraith attributes and stuff. Perhaps the limitation could be that they can only absorb a few shadows (like 2-3) or that the enhancement only lasts for a certain amount of time.

What do you think?

Announcement
Also! Just letting everyone know that I added the different rulers of the kingdoms in the lore thread. Check it out

See, don't we love being under the rule of someone who is money-hungry. Viridium out here just being made up of business people.

Alright, I see a lot of reluctant or morally grey hunters being discussed, screw that!

I'm going full, evil psychopathic violence fueled warrior barbarian! Who loves violence and slaying for the sake of violence and slaying, he'll be a physical powerhouse with no ranged options so I'm thinking...earth magic maybe?

Alright, I see a lot of reluctant or morally grey hunters being discussed, screw that!

I'm going full, evil psychopathic violence fueled warrior barbarian! Who loves violence and slaying for the sake of violence and slaying, he'll be a physical powerhouse with no ranged options so I'm thinking...earth magic maybe?
interesting! Can’t wait to see ^^

Hey, I’m interested in doing a creature! Though I’m curious as to what category of magic teleportation would fall under. Dark?

Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Are we allowed to create our own faction? I'm thinking of creating a black market company called CORVUS which mainly operates in Viridium but also has a growing presence all over the world. Essentially, they deal with illegal tradings of mythological creatures with both Slayers and Whisperers.

Q&A - Plot Questions (2)
Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Are we allowed to create our own faction? I'm thinking of creating a black market company called CORVUS which mainly operates in Viridium but also has a growing presence all over the world. Essentially, they deal with illegal tradings of mythological creatures with both Slayers and Whisperers.
Oooh sounds intriguing. It sounds good! Any ideas like that for the RP are usually what I consider as adding to the worldbuilding. If you don't mind, I would love it if you could send me more info or a description through DM so that I can add it to the lore thread.

Oooh sounds intriguing. It sounds good! Any ideas like that for the RP are usually what I consider as adding to the worldbuilding. If you don't mind, I would love it if you could send me more info or a description through DM so that I can add it to the lore thread.
Awesome! I'll flesh it out some more and send you the details most likely later in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back