• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I got Zabyne's CS out! If there's any problem with it then please just holler at me. Currently functioning at 7 am brain with no sleep yet :closedeyescryingfrown:

Q&A - Creature Questions
Can Beta creatures improve themselves magically or physically speaking to be able to hold their own against alpha?

They could, but ultimately the alpha would most likely succeed power-level wise. Even so, creatures don’t really tend to fight amongst each other since they stick with themselves and simply coexist aside from probably territorial issues. Usually the danger comes from human interference.

Have the kingdoms with mainly Whisperer societies outlawed the slaying/hunting of magical creatures?

Oh wait I just realized my mistake that I put Krystaline as a whisperer LOL

She’s actually a slayer, it completely flew over my head for a moment that a slayer guild was established there 💀 updating it now 🥲

Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance I have a question: say in the beginning of the roleplay my character can tame Beta-level creatures, would it be possible through character-development and story progression for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha-level creature? Or will she only ever be able to tame Beta-level creatures since I'm making her a young adult?

Q&A - World Questions
Have the kingdoms with mainly Whisperer societies outlawed the slaying/hunting of magical creatures?
Yep! The only exceptions are if the slayers have a Rozemer-certified commission targeting mythical creatures if they're a large threat that can't be solved by the surrounding Whisperers. For example, perhaps there's a stampede of Minotaurs and they're too aggressive for Whisperers to be able to soothe. They would rely on slayers as a last resort, but ONLY if other options aren't working out.

Xyberion would have a no slay/kill policy. But of course, that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen illegally lol.

Last edited:
Q&A - Creature Bonding (2)
Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance I have a question: say in the beginning of the roleplay my character can tame Beta-level creatures, would it be possible through character-development and story progression for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha-level creature? Or will she only ever be able to tame Beta-level creatures since I'm making her a young adult?
It's possible! It all depends on your character's experience. It wouldn't make sense for a 22-year-old who's just starting their whisperer journey to suddenly be able to communicate with a dragon vs. a 22-year-old who's been training and has had real-world experience since they were young.

I hope I explained it correctly lol

Last edited:
It's possible! It all depends on your character's experience. It wouldn't make sense for a 22-year-old who's just starting their whisperer journey to suddenly be able to communicate with a dragon vs. a 22-year-old who's been training and has had real-world experience since they were young.

I hope I explained it correctly lol

So say for instance I have one of my characters parents also as a Whisperer and they began teaching my character from a young age, maybe she traveled with them on their journeys, would it be possible for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha creature later on in the roleplay? Or would I be able to have her tame an Alpha creature in the beginning of the roleplay?

Q&A - Creature Bonding (3)
So say for instance I have one of my characters parents also as a Whisperer and they began teaching my character from a young age, maybe she traveled with them on their journeys, would it be possible for her to eventually be able to tame an Alpha creature later on in the roleplay? Or would I be able to have her tame an Alpha creature in the beginning of the roleplay?
For story progression purposes I would prefer later on in the roleplay (: taming an Alpha at a young age is still an extremely rare occurrence since it's a matter of both experience and skill. I mentioned this before to someone else whose question was on the same topic: as long as you have a proper explanation as to how their bond came to be that reflects the skill of the Whisperer then I’m okay with it.

My main thing is that I just don’t want too many people claiming to be able to bond with Alpha creatures immediately since Alphas are supposed to be super strong and it would diminish the rarity of it.

Last edited:
Yep! The only exceptions are if the slayers have a Rozemer-certified commission targeting mythical creatures if they're a large threat that can't be solved by the surrounding Whisperers. For example, perhaps there's a stampede of Minotaurs and they're too aggressive for Whisperers to be able to soothe. They would rely on slayers as a last resort, but ONLY if other options aren't working out.

Xyberion would have a no slay/kill policy. But of course, that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen illegally lol.
Excellent! Hehe, illegal just means more payment when it's done. I was thinking that Arquen has been well traveled over the years as a Slayer so he probably sought out contracts and quests from these kingdoms. Thanks!

Also another one, does each guild only allow their guild members to get a quest from their board or do they allow other guild members access to it?

For story progression purposes I would prefer later on in the roleplay (: taming an Alpha at a young age is still an extremely rare occurrence since it's a matter of both experience and skill. I mentioned this before to someone else whose question was on the same topic: as long as you have a proper explanation as to how their bond came to be that reflects the skill of the Whisperer then I’m okay with it.

My main thing is that I just don’t want too many people claiming to be able to bond with Alpha creatures immediately since Alphas are supposed to be super strong and it would diminish the rarity of it.

Okay, thank you! I'll start working on my character ^^

Q&A - Guild Questions
Excellent! Hehe, illegal just means more payment when it's done. I was thinking that Arquen has been well traveled over the years as a Slayer so he probably sought out contracts and quests from these kingdoms. Thanks!

Also another one, does each guild only allow their guild members to get a quest from their board or do they allow other guild members access to it?
Oh this was actually a detail I was working on for the lore LOL

Each kingdom will have a common request board where citizens or travelers who are seeking the help of a slayer's guild can put in their requests on a form that states the location, reward amount, and issue. The request board is a magical innovation that is powered by light magic. It uses channels of light energy that connect to each guild's own request boards.

The guilds will see this:
- Any request form that is open to any guild (aka fair game to all the guilds)
- Any request form that requests the help of their own specific guild.

So if someone wanted to request help from the Narcos guild and put it up on the community request board, that request will only show up on Narcos' request board. If they put up a request that is open to any guild members, then that request will show up on all three of the guilds' request boards, including Narcos.

If a request has been taken but has not been fulfilled yet, there will be a red X on the request form to show that someone has taken it and their request is a work in progress. If the slayer fails to fulfill the request, then the X will be removed and anybody can take it on again. If the slayer succeeds, then the request form will disappear from all of the boards and the requester will be notified. Typically the requester will go to the guild's headquarters to grant their reward.

Requests are allowed to stay up for two weeks, but people are allowed to repost their requests again if the issue has not been solved.

Last edited:
Damn, we have such an efficient quest relaying method. I love it. We love things being organized here.

Thank you!

I suck at finding face claims lol, I can't find a single piece of art I'm completely happy with.
That's relatable XD
I can spend lots of time in the pinterest rabbit hole before getting something im satisfied with. Do you have particular traits for your character that you're looking for? I might have something in my folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back