• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Elijah Main.jpg

Elijah nodded, retracting the offered dagger. "You needn't worry about that," he said as Thor reminded him not to let the Men of Letters get their hands on it. He'd sooner deliver it to the Devil himself than Evelyn and her cronies. However, the Brit couldn't help but smirk at Ullr's introduction as he took the offered hand and shook it firmly. The hunting and archery lined up well enough, but skiing? Certainly a Norse god, through and through, though one with a very human level of self-awareness. Eli watched the ensuing father-son banter with vague bemusement until the discussion turned toward Poseidon.

William Main.jpg

Will inclined his head toward Poseidon at the deity's praise. He was nowhere near as well-versed in mythology as Eli was, but even he knew the Greek God of the Sea. Even if he didn't, the aura of power the god gave off was unmistakable to his angelic senses. The rest of the talk about a Gigantes and the like was lost on him, but all the same he replied. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more. I'm still... getting accustomed to my Grace."

Christopher.jpg

Chris had been surprised when Mac had abruptly left the house during the conversation, but hadn't given it much thought as the conversation continued without her. However, now his eyes widened as he saw her reenter the home with a crowbar in-hand. He raised both arms in a placating gesture as he stepped between Mac and the table holding the box. "Whoa, whoa. Let's think about this for a second. That guy didn't seem like he was fucking around. He all but said it was trapped. Now I don't know if it's a stink bomb, a hex bag, or a grenade -- but I'd rather not take that gamble without a damn good reason when we can just wait for Will to get back."

He turned to look over his shoulder at Ashley-May and Chase, as if seeking reinforcements.

Last edited:
1583785212674.png

Other gods might have objected to their sons being so familiar with humans, but not Thor. He was after all almost equally familiar with them himself. Instead the Thundergod nodded at Elijah's words and he too turned towards Poseidon. Ullr, almost as if reading Elijah's mind, said "I wouldn't expect an Anglo-Saxon to appreciate the fine art and importance of skiing in the North." before also turning to listen to what the Seagod had to say.

1583785224968.png

Poseidon shook his head at William's words. "Even if you had, it wouldn't have mattered much. He would still have crushed you. A Nephilim is not strong enough to stand against such
κακό as Mephistopheles." He spoke in a matter-of-fact tone that was not mocking, but it was clear Poseidon thought the notion of a half-angel besting the demon was almost absurd. He continued "You have to understand that he is the oldest of his kind, the strongest and most terrifying of all Crossroads Demons.". The last part was added with the kind of subtle mockery that only the pride a god could muster against such a foe as Mephistopheles. "He is part of the first generation of Demons. If he wished it so, I am quite sure that he would rule in Hell. Even among us gods there is but a few who can match him. Fortunately, you stand in the company of two of them. That being said the fact that you both still live is something that should be commended, including outwitting him in his wicked little game. I for one is more interested in how why he showed up, he has not been seen for over a century."

Safton Safton

LF7KxBR.png

"In other words he just didn't want anyone to open it before Will could and he was up for scaring people away from trying. I'm calling his bluff." Chase watched Mackenzie leave through the front door without a word and glanced between the nervous Chris and Ash until she returned, clearly on a mission to force it open. That was something he could get on board with. Chris however was wholeheartedly against it, yet didn't show signs of immediately moving out of the area. While Chase was more than willing to bet it was either a lie or some sort of harmless booby trap, he didn't simply forget the existence of potential danger. Especially with the pregnant blonde in the room, "Maybe we do this outside?" He asked Mac before she started tearing into the box.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

bTU0wF0.png
3SijZSx.jpg

Mackenzie frowned at Christopher's reluctance to open the box. She'd heard very clearly the warning that had been left with it and it sounded exactly like what she'd say if she were dropping off a packing with a lot full of well known criminals. Most hunters knew how to commit fraud, break and enter and impersonate people of authority without even the slightest of hesitation. (At least Mac assumed every other hunter was just like her in that aspect.) She was about to tell Chris as much when Chase unexpectedly chimed in with a very similar thought. "Outside for sure." Mac hefted the crowbar onto her shoulder, passing by Chase for the back door, expecting the wolf to bring the container with him.

Once outside she glanced to Chase. "Thanks for agreeing." She wasn't certain if he'd meant it or if he was trying to get on her 'good' side because Ash had mentioned having hunts up her sleeve. "I know what the combo is ... err. I know what it should be but not the actual numbers." She cleared the patio stones to the open grass behind the house, turning to face Chase. "When he woke up' isn't super clever - it's when he finally discovered the truth of all of this. The day he met his first "monster"." She added a single handed air quote to the word with emphasis. They needed to come up with a new distinction now, she knew, to note the difference between a supernatural being that was malevolent or benevolent. "I don't want him to come back here and have to think about it or relive it. Hypnos gave us the ... gift of seeing each others nightmares, unintentionally. I know how much it kills him to remember. If I can stop just a little bit of darkness in his world, I'll do it."

She shrugged and wrinkled her nose. "You ready?"
Crono Crono

Ashley-May watched the encounter unfold. She knew better than to fight Mackenzie on any of her whims, it was just easier to wait and stitch her back together after she was done bleeding. She glanced to Chris. "If you want to stick around I was about to start baking." She smiled, nodding towards the kitchen where there was a small table and chairs in the corner. "Going to make some welcome baskets for our new residents. I'll let you lick the batter off the spoon."
Safton Safton

William Main.jpg Elijah 8.jpg

William pursed his lips at Poseidon's dismissal, but remained silent. Elijah, however, spoke up as soon as the god remarked on why Mephistopheles had seen fit to show up after all this time. "I don't imagine it's a coincidence given all that's going on. The dragons we arrived here for almost made it sound as if they had shown up to... negotiate," the Brit remarked grimly. "And I can only imagine one being they'd be representing, indirectly or otherwise."

Christopher.jpg

Christopher practically deflated as soon as it became clear that Ashley-May wasn't going to back him up. And not only was Chase not going to back him up, but he was taking Mac's side. He let out a long-suffering sigh, raising his hands in defeat and stepping off to the side to let them take the box. "Good luck, you two," he muttered. He perked up as Ashley-May spoke up in her usual sweet tone and he couldn't help but smile at the offer. "They're about to open Pandora's box out there. Might as well get my sweets for the day," he said before following her into the kitchen with a nod of thanks.

ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1

“That’s the spirit!” Chester beamed.
Hopping out of the van, the old horseman led the way out of the parking deck and into the hospital proper. He didn’t bother with asking for directions as he already knew the way. Taking a few linking corridors, he led the way to the hospice wing. Putting on his best “worried but friendly” smile, he approached the front desk for the wing.
“Hello.” Chester greeted. “We are looking for the room of a Ronald Chen?”
The nurse looked up, a look of sympathy and sorrow radiating from her.
“Are you Mr. Soak?” She asked.
“yes?” Chester answered, looking and sounding puzzled.
“I’m sorry, sir” the nurse continued. “But Mr. Chen passed away a few minutes ago.”
Chester’s eyes went wide as genuine shock overtook him.
“What?” He breathed.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

LF7KxBR.png

Chase followed after Mackenzie with the box in hand, simply nodding at her thanks even though he didn't completely understand why she had thanked him. That was until she started explaining her reasoning for wanting to open the box, which was completely different from his simple curiosity about it. She mentioned the combination was the day Will learned about the other side of the world. It wasn't an uncommon story, every hunter had one. Though Chase's had been far different all things considered. "I get that." The man nodded once again when asked if he was ready, then crouched down and flipped the box so that the dial was facing upwards. "You pry it open enough for me to get a grip in there and this puppy will be open in no time." He winked up at her.
NanLia NanLia

bTU0wF0.png
3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May led Chris into the kitchen, motioning for him to take a seat on the counter out of the way. She immediately went to work collecting the ingredients she needed for her welcome wagon plans. She smiled at Chris's comment. "Mac wouldn't open it if she thought it would harm anyone." She glanced at Chris, partly aware of their history prior to Vitae. "At least anyone besides herself." She shrugged, pouring out measured ingredients into bowls. "I'm not worried, Chase is out there with her."

Mackenzie nodded, choosing to ignore the wink the wolf tossed her way. She leaned down enough to wiggle the edge of the crow bar between the bottom and lid of the strong box, placing a booted foot on the top of the bar, pushing down until she felt it was wedged enough. She pulled back, as hard as she could, feeling the metal lock box groan as she managed to pull apart a small portion of the lid. She stepped back, frowning at the container. "Good enough?"
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

1584996844366.png

Poseidon though for a moment "I do wonder what they promised him. He does not often make alliances, however it was good that he was stopped. He won't cause more sorrow for a while as he regenerates in Hell. Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, strange things are happening all over the world. We have done our best to limit their influence in our ancestral lands, but we are few and not as strong as we once were. And they've refused to engage with us outright."

The Lord of the Sea smiled suddenly and looked at Thor "These thnitoí seem unusually relaxed around us, the most I encounter tend to be on their knees, terrified or reverential. They've grown too used to you I'll assume."

Thor chuckled at this "Well, Elijah here did fall to his knees when faced with the Allfather. He does not think that we are worthy of such an honor I presume, Poseidon.". This was not a jest Thor would have made on one of Poseidon's bad days, however he seemed to be in a cheerful mood after having half-drowned the ancient demon.

Safton Safton

William Main.jpg Elijah 5.jpg

William shifted slightly at Thor and Poseidon's remarks, glancing between the two gods -- unsure if they were serious about the perceived lack of respect on his and Elijah's part.

Elijah, however, simply widened his grin before speaking in a tone that made it clear it was in jest. "My apologies, Earth Shaker. The three of us--" he turned his head to nod toward his patron as well as Will here, "--spent so much time on the ground in that church during the battle that spending more time bowing and prostrating ourselves after the fact seemed hardly appropriate." Nonetheless, he inclined his head toward the Sea God. "All the same, it is an honor. Thank you again, for your aid."

Christopher.jpg

Chris nodded at Ashley-May's attempted reassurance. "I hope you're right," he said, his voice grim. After a moment, a smile slowly formed. "And if you're not, I hope they're slower at getting into that box than you are at baking cookies so I can at least die with a full stomach," the hunter remarked with a wink. "How can I help?" he asked, nodding toward the ingredients.

Ginny follows Chester, hoping that his apparent optimism is a good indicator of their situation. When she hears the receptionist speak, she sighs, bowing her head, and pushing away a surge of guilt. They need to re-evaluate. She gets the feeling that spite will skip right over denial, and hit anger. This isn’t a safe time to be around her.

She sighs, and raises her head, looking over to Chester, and waiting for his cue for how they’ll proceed with this. He knows her best.
RikuXIII RikuXIII

LF7KxBR.png

Chase watched as Mackenzie used the crowbar to pry open the box a little then stopping. He nodded, "Yeah. Just let me..." He paused his wording a moment as the man maneuvered his fingers into the gap, trying to get as close to the center area with the lock as possible. "...work my magic." He said once he'd settled on the closest area he could get to with what had been pried open, and gripped with his fingers and palms before pulling in opposite directions. Chase opted for the slower option so as not to send the contents potentially flying, the metal and lock groaned as they were being forced to bend and shape into directions not built for, then finally the box popped open. Despite the slow attempt, some of the contents did pop out. Namely a phone and flash drive falling onto the grass, and some papers being strewn into both the bottom and lid of the box. Chase placed the objects back inside, and after hooking an arm around the box he stood up so that he and Mackenzie could get a better look while not having to sit on the ground. He'd taken a page curiously to read with his free hand while letting Mackenzie dig to her hearts content while he held the box up. "The old man was all bark and no bite, big surprise there." There was almost some disappointment that there hadn't been any sort of trap or gag of sorts, but he hadn't been expecting it either way.​
NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Ashley-May shrugged but pushed a bowl of ingredients in front of Christopher, handing him a whisk. She started collecting other items to continue her on baking for a small army. "I trust Mac," She continued from their previous conversation. "She wouldn't break into something she thought would hurt anyone. I know you didn't get to know the best of Mac but she's not that person any more." Ash paused and frowned before amending herself. "Alright, she is still that person but more than that too."
Safton Safton

Mackenzie tossed the crowbar onto the lawn as Chase determined she'd pried it far enough apart for him to get a grip on the lid. She watched intently as he pulled the lid nearly clean off. No surprise to her there was no bang and fireworks. Once Chase has reclaimed the bits that had fallen out she stepped closer to look over what they'd discovered. "What would have been the point?" She asked the wolf without expecting an answer. "To give over a box of stuff meant for someone you know well enough to leave a cryptic clue - they could potentially get wrong - and then hurt of even kill them with it?"

She removed a few of the newspaper clippings, glancing at the headings, noting the few that she had clipped herself and those she'd missed. "I don't know how deep we dig into this without Will being here. I think maybe we skim the surface, make sure there aren't any emotional nukes in the mix and then leave it on the coffee table until he's back?" She glanced up at Chase. "I'll even tell him I did it, you had nothing to do with it."
Crono Crono

1586444544855.png

Poseidon smiled at this before turning back to Thor "Well, it is high time I returned to Europe, I have a war to fight. Farewell." Before the god had even finished speaking, and without waiting for a reply, he began to dissolve into water. Water that then drifted away with the wind like a mist, and after a few feet it could no longer be seen.

Ullr however, had other plans. He turned to his father, beaming "I do believe you owe me a beer, and I bring news from Asgard, so I'll accompany you for just a while longer." Unlike the more serious Elder Gods, Ullr seemed positively human when not wielding his bow. A fact that might be because he did not predate the human race. Thor cuffed his son affectionately around the ear before turning to the two humans. "Well, I am quite sure you two are ready to go home, I've certainly had enough of this scenery." And once more, in the blink of an eye and very unceremoniously they were all back in Vitae, just outside the infirmary.

Safton Safton

William 2.jpg Elijah 8.jpg

Elijah and Will managed to maintain their composure with Thor's abrupt transportation to Vitae this time; whether it had to do with simply getting used to the method of travel or the recent physical changes each had gone through was anyone's guess. Elijah turned toward his patron and the deity's son, giving them both a small bow. "Thank you for the hunt, Odinson. I can't say it was what I expected, but none could ever argue there's a dull moment when you and Mjolnir are involved," he said with a smirk.

Will shook his head with a chuckle before speaking up, focusing his attention on Ullr. "Good meeting you -- and thanks again for the assist." He looked back to Thor, "If there's nothing else, we'll get going. I know you two probably have a lot to talk about," he remarked, having picked up on Ullr's mention of news from Asgard that he doubted was meant for mortal (or Nephilim) ears.

Christopher.jpg

Chris scoffed slightly, rubbing at the back of his neck as Ash mentioned that he "hadn't seen the best" of Mac. "That's one way of putting it," he murmured at the... unpleasant memories evoked. He wondered exactly how much Mac had told her about what happened up north all those years ago. "But..." he continued before grasping the whisk and setting about the task of mixing ingredients, "...if you trust her, that's good enough for me. And if whatever's in that box ends up causing the end of the world, well, I get to say 'I told you so'," the man said with a sideways wink.

ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1

“His friend, Ms. Jones, was with him when he passed.” The nurse continued solemnly. “I am so sorry, Mr Soak.”
Chester waved her away and took a feed steps back. He took a couple of deep breaths. Damn. He didn’t use to be this sentimental, especially towards humans. Must be his old age showing. He figured he had more time to see to Ronnie. But now...now he had to act fast before he could lose another friend.
“Nurse?” He called out. “This Ms Jones, do you know wher-“
“I can’t help you now.” The nurse snapped, whirling around. “I have other patients to attend to.”
Chester looked confused for a moment, then noticed a casual bump between a doctor and a visitor turn into an argument, as well as someone yelling into a phone. Strife was close.
“Quick.” He hissed to Ginny, turning to face her. “Strife is still here. If we-“
His voice died away as he caught sight of the woman staring at him from back the way they came. She had red rimmed eyes from crying and looked disheveled like she had been sleeping at the hospital for the last couple of days. These elements didn’t diminish the look of anger and hatred she was giving Chester.
“What are YOU doing here?” Strife demanded through gritted teeth.
“Oh boy.” Chaos thought. “Now that we’re here, the plan doesn’t seem so air tight, now does it?”
“Hey.” He said in a tone he hoped was calming. “Long time, no see. Heard through the grapevine you were in the area and were feeling down. Thought we could catch up.”
“Why?” The horsewoman hissed. “You abandoned me a long time ago, and you think you can waltz right back into my life like nothing happened?”
Chester opened his mouth to respond, but closed it quickly. He retried a moment later.
“Sorry to hear about your friend.” He offered. “Losing someone is never fun.”
He quickly glanced to Ginny, then back to Strife.
“This is my friend, Ginny. She’s a councilor that deals with people sort of like us. Ginny, this is Barbara Jones, a friend from waaay back.”
“Barbara Jones” switched her gaze from Chaos to Ginny. The intensity of her look dialed back from “reduce your to ash” as she eyed the djinn, but she still seemed to be trying to stare into Ginny’s soul.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Strife:
game-of-thrones-hannah-john-kamen-ornela.jpg

1586642872486.png

Thor shook his head "Well you two are surprisingly jovial for that ordeal... I'd imagine you're missed, and I need to discuss a few matters with my son. So I bid you both a good night..." He trailed off for a bit before resuming "Though, I would appreciate if you maybe left out a few details when you tell your women what went down, I know a certain someone that will eviscerate me if she finds out what happened on our hunt." Thor cast a meaningful glance at Elijah, remembering his promise to Ashley-May about keeping Elijah safe. The deity was clearly more intimidated by that prospect than battling with fire-breathing ancient horrors.

Safton Safton

Ginny looks back at Barbara, swallowing nervously, but not breaking eye contact. Chaos put her in a tragically bad spot. She’s not a councilor. She’s not even a legal adult. And Tara is nowhere near the power class of these two. Even her father, who was several centuries her senior, wouldn’t want to mess with this.

But, well, she doesn’t have a choice. “I’m sorry.” She says softly, looking up at Strife. “We didn’t get here in time. You can call me Ginny if you want, or Shafaqat. The old nickname doesn’t mean as much now.” She would feel pretty shitty using a fake name and personality when Strife is hurting like this.

She wonders how much the woman can see in her. She’s certainly had her share of fighting and suffering. And she’s really hoping she’s not about to get her emotions hijacked. Or maybe that only really affects humans. She just hopes she can recognize that she doesn’t mean harm.
RikuXIII RikuXIII

LF7KxBR.png

"Well, to be fair we didn't know if it was someone with malicious intentions." Chase shrugged as the conversation moved on. Mackenzie was again worried of something inside dredging up Will's past and wanting to potentially remove them, yet not dig too deep. Not that he knew what to look for on that front, but he did glance at a few pages and clippings as they skimmed. "I'm not worried about it, you can tell him what you'd like but you don't have to take the brunt of it all if he does get upset." Chase honestly didn't see it being a big deal, but he supposed it depended on what this stuff meant to Will. The man adjusted the box slightly in his grip before continuing, "We just dug through some papers after-all, it's not like we blackmailed him and then drove him out to infiltrate a pack of Werewolves or anything." At the sarcasm his face slowly grew into a shit eating grin, potentially downplaying their current escapades.
NanLia NanLia

DoonaBaeNeutrals.jpg

Himiko sat in the corner of the mess hall with a couple of cans of beer (resembling a Budweiser but do to international copyright laws it is not Budweiser), and had was taking a moment to relax for the first time in the time since Inari had lost his powers as an Alpha. She cracked open one of the cans and leaned against the wall and let out a content sigh. Her hair was as disheveled as ever and still wore a semi dirty tank top, jeans and combat boots, only now she had a very immaculate leather jacket. Himiko had been on the move for a while because she was lucky enough to have been born Gumiho, she had a choice in worshiping and following Inari and she had chosen not to follow Akemi. This went on until Inari had finally given her an order, to meet him at the Vitae...that was a month ago and to her knowledge, none of the few other Gumiho who had chosen to stay loyal to Inari had heard from him.

She was quite surprised that the Vitae had changed so drastically while they were gone. There were so many stray monsters here it wasn't hard for her to sneak in and out for her hunting and supply runs. Hell, most of the people who would recognize her were too busy to realize that she was even there. She downed the can she had opened and let out another content sigh before opening another. It was a strange feeling being in a position of peace, by all rights Inari should have been plotting and scheming even harder than ever, but he wasn't. He went dark. This wasn't the first time he had almost died, but it WAS the first time he had essentially went silent. She was happy when she had finally heard from him and was content to wait until he showed himself.

But a month?! Peace was NOT how Himiko operated and she was so close to losing her mind that she started helping the Vitae on supply runs. It was calming to have some sort of purpose... and free alcohol was always a win. "Honestly, this isn't bad... but gods help me if it isn't boring," she mused before opening another beer.​

Last edited:
Ashley-May didn't acknowledge Christopher's mumble response to her attempt at smoothing away from his and Mac's history. She knew enough not to press any further. She rolled her eyes at the mention of getting to tell her he was right. She mixed together the ingredients of another recipe into a second bowl, tapping Chris out to swap the mixtures. "You're better than having a stand mixer on hand." She teased. The first mixture now being spooned out onto trays for baking.

She glanced through the window to the back yard where Mac and Chase still lived. "Looks like you're out of luck." She wrinkled her nose at Chris, pointing with her chin to the window. "They're out there sorting through the loot as we speak."
Safton Safton

Mackenzie narrowed her gaze at the wolf and his, what she assumed, was a tease. "While not everything went exactly as I thought it would - that was the better option than turning you and your father out. That was the original plan." She countered. "I made the choice to give the alternative." It was still a regret to this day. If she had maintained to the original plan she would have sent Chase and Joe packing. She wondered still if that would have saved Joe's life or was he simply destined to die and in this version of events it was in the colony where everyone thought he'd be safest?

"Regardless it would be pretty ballsy to drive up to a colony of hunters and drop off a trap for another hunter." She continued, pushing away any thoughts of what ifs. She returned the remainder of clippings she had back to the box and reclaimed her crowbar from the grass. "That's a death wish." She turned back towards the house but didn't leave just yet, lost in thought.
Crono Crono

Christopher.jpg

Christopher chuckled at Ashley-May's comment comparing him a kitchen appliance. "That's high praise," he said, reluctantly parting with the lovely mixture. As Ash began spooning it onto the cookie sheet, he watched the wooden spoon -- not having forgotten her promise. He followed her gaze a moment later as she remarked on the two hunters outside apparently managing to avoid blowing themselves up -- a relief, to be certain. "Of all the things to be wrong about, I could do worse," he mused.

Chris briefly considered heading out to see what was what with the box and its contents... but decided against it. Anything that some enigmatic solo hunter was willing to make death threats about wasn't something to get involved in if it wasn't his business -- he could only hope that Mac, Chase, or Will (when he arrived) would keep the Colony apprised of anything that might effect Vitae as a whole. Speaking of Will, he didn't relish the thought of the Councillor (and Nephilim, these days) finding out that he'd snooped in his affairs. He doubted he would get the same leniency the man's fiancee would.

Elijah 5.jpg William Main.jpg

Elijah chuckled, nodding. "I'll see to it that I censor out the fun details," he promised the Thundergod. With that, he gave the deity and his son a small bow while Will simply settled for a respectul nod. "Good evening, both of you."

William stepped up to the door of the house, opening it and allowing Elijah to step inside. Hearing noise in the kitchen, the Brit darted for the room, stopping briefly upon seeing his girlfriend and Christopher in the process of baking cookies, of all things. The experience in the church came rushing back to his mind's eye and the contrast of fire and death with the sweet smell of sugary confection nearly took his breath away. Eli said nothing, stepping past Chris to wrap his arms around Ash's hips and dip her back slightly in order to plant a deep kiss on her lips before righting her again, though he continued to hold her in a loose hug from behind as he looked over at Christopher. "She have you doing her dirty work? Let me guess: she promised you you could lick the spoon?" he said with a shake of his head and a faint clucking of his tongue.

Will leaned against the door frame of the kitchen with a small smile, arms crossed. "Where's Mac?" he asked -- he could feel her presence nearby, but wanted to check in with Ash before barging in on whatever was keeping his fiancee's attention lately.

LF7KxBR.png

With Mackenzie's reaction it was clear the intended effect wasn't on the mark, his grin fading as she spoke. Luckily before the conversation continued down that path she changed it, more or less. Chase had nearly opted to dredge it back up, but for the moment he didn't feel that would benefit either of them. "I've seen crazier things." He said in response to her last comment, glancing down to the open box in his arms once more, using his free hand to sift a few things to the side to glance at a page underneath. Growing quickly bored he glanced up at the red head who had turned away and seemed pre-occupied with her own thoughts instead of the box anymore. "Y'know Ash was pushing for you and me to team up on a hunt. I've been getting restless lately."
NanLia NanLia

Ashley-May yelped in surprise as Elijah leaned her back to deliver his kiss. She laughed softly as she stood upright again. "What's gotten into you?" She whispered but didn't expect an answer, Elijah was often affectionate but usually reserved with public displays. She raised an eyebrow at Christopher as Eli suggested she bribed him. "It's not like I'm not going to send him home without cookies to share with the kids."

She had enough time within the colony to learn more about the people they shared bread with and despite what Mac had informed her of Brendan and Christopher she'd taken the time to learn more. She knew very well that he was playing father to his older brothers children; their parents killed in a car accident of all things. Though she supposed it could have been far worse given their occupation. Now he lived with his father and mother, protected the colony but did not hunt and helped raise the kids. She knew he aspired to leave hunting altogether (he hadn't hunted since he'd attempted to 'rescue' Mac from the Nest in his late teens.) but knew that he couldn't without bringing danger down onto his and his niece and nephews heads.

Ash glanced over her shoulder at Will as he inquired from the doorway. "She's out back, with Chase." she paused to bite the inside of her cheek, wondering if she should say nothing but couldn't live with herself if she didn't. "Someone dropped something off for you today. In a lock box with a warning about opening it. Mac couldn't leave it alone and I think Chase wanted to help and was half curious about what it could be."

She smiled sadly at the Nephilim. "I think she was trying to protect you from something, I don't know what exactly, but you know Mac. She's squishy on the inside."
Safton Safton

Mackenzie couldn't hide the surprise from her features as she turned her dark gaze on the wolf. "I'm sorry, what?" She smiled and shook her head. "This is Ash assuming you want to hunt with me, after everything." She shook her head slowly. "Sorry if she put you up to it, she think that everyone should just be one big happy family and get along." She cut herself short, turning to face him. "Not that I wouldn't hunt with you, y'know? If you wanted to or needed a partner. I'm just saying don't feel obligated to ask me if you don't want to just because Ash brought it up."

She shrugged impotently. A slow frown formed over her features as she felt an odd sensation in the back of her head. It was something she as becoming more and more familiar with; the knowledge that Will had returned, his Grace triggering something from her being a Prophet to tell her as much. "Will's back." She told the wolf cautiously. "We should bring that in so he can see it."
Crono Crono

Elijah 5.jpg
Elijah shrugged as Ash asked what had gotten into him. "I missed you is all," he murmured with a smile. Now wasn't the time to mention the hunt with Thor. Once she assured him that Christopher would be going home with cookies, he turned to look at the man again and gave him a stage whisper "See that she keeps her end of the bargain. With the little one, sweets have a way of disappearing if you're not careful..."

William 2.jpg

William frowned as Ashley-May explained that Mac was out back with Chase -- and that the two were fiddling with a lock box dropped off for him. Questions whirled through his head, but the mention of a warning about opening it stuck out. He turned on his heel without a word, practically dashing for the back door and throwing it open with force. The Nephilim was halfway through the threshold when he slowed to see Mac and Chase outside, the former holding a crowbar in one hand and what could only be the container in question, its lid forced open and bent out of shape.

Will said nothing, walking forward to gently push Mac's hands holding the items aside and wrap her in a tight embrace, pressing a kiss to the crown of her head before pulling away. "What's all this?" he asked, looking down pointedly at the box before glancing between Mac and Chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back