• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Adelaide nodded thoughtfully at Morgan's question. "They'll have to. I'm sure some will have... misgivings... but at the end of the day, we're all in this together. I know Will and Eli won't need any convincing."

She sighed, nodding to herself before grabbing a piece of bacon out from under Morgan with a cheeky grin. "It's the right move."

NanLia NanLia

Elijah gritted his teeth, fists clenching as he saw his best friend subjected to more abuse at the hands of the elder demon. He eyed the contract before hissing, "For God's sake, leave them be. I'll agree to whatever it is you want." His lip curled slightly as he glanced around the church. "I don't imagine I have much choice in the matter, do I? After all, you said it yourself: you could kill us both now if you were so inclined."

Alator Alator

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May snorted, rolling her eyes as she chewed and swallowed another mouthful of take out. "As if you could ever be a substitute for me." She laughed, setting her plate aside with a sigh. "As much as I would like to go on a hunt I'm out of commission for the foreseeable future." She patted the proverbial 'bun in the oven' Chase had mentioned. "Something unseemly about mother of a newborn slaying demons."

She paused suddenly, watching Chase as he mentioned Elijah and the wedding. She felt a flutter before realizing it was a suggestion not an inkling of knowledge that perhaps the Brit might propose. Ash shrugged. "I don't know that's in the cards for us. As it stands he's already willing to be with me even though this bun doesn't wasn't his doing." She smiled slowly. "That's something I can be happy with and I'll just have to keep playing village match maker in the meantime."
Crono Crono

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan nodded, she knew it was the right path as Addy had said but there would be resistance on both sides. She would do her best to get the pack to work with the hunters as smoothly as possible. She would have thought her biggest issue would have been with Brody but he'd been the one to suggest it. "I guess we'll have some issues with the silver weapons." She mused, lost in thought. "But then we don't really need silver to kill another werewolf. I wonder if that applies to others."

She was pulled from her thoughts by a knock at the door. She tensed, ready to climb from bed but relaxed as she heard Brody's voice. "Adelaide? It's me."
Safton Safton

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie closed the door to the forge, bronze chain settled into a smelting cup. Satisfied it would take a few minutes before it would be ready she paced through the smith searching for an appropriate cast for what she wanted to create. She didn't have much to work with - she couldn't add any filler or other metals to stretch the use of of the bronze. If she added anything it would diminish the value of it and potentially ruin the magical property behind the blade. She needed it at its full potential.

ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1

Chester glanced at the clock on the dash board.
“We’ve got an hour or two to go.” He answered, doing some mental calculations. “We can grab some food, if you need it, when we get into town.”
He took a quick glance at his co-pilot.
“If you need a nap, go for it.”

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

1579106695637.png

Mephistopheles' lips parted in a warm smile, and he spread his arms in a welcoming gesture "Fantastic.". There were few things the ancient Demon enjoyed more than the bargains he made with mortals, little did many know, he was the origin of the expression "Deal with the Devil". For his father, in truth, had little interest in such trivial pursuits. But to Mephistopheles, watching the mortals falls for his deception, condemning themselves to an eternity of fire for some vain mortal desire never ceased to be exciting. Unlike his lesser underlings, he did not approach just anyone, it was a sign of respect in a way. Not that it saved them from an eternity of torment however. "I'll tell you what, since you were so eager for me to speak clearly, I shall challenge you to a little game of wits, riddles to be more specific. If you answer them, I shall allow you and your friend to leave. If you fail, I shall drag you both screaming into Hell, sounds fair?"

He snapped his fingers, and the lights dimmed. Mephistopheles always had a flair for the dramatic, and it would be clear to the human now that his fate hung on a thin thread. There was decay in the air, for his very presence in the church seemed to nauseate the air. A violation of the sanctity of God's house. He spoke "I shall give you the first, let us see how clever you are. There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. What are they?"

1579132296847.png

A terrible fury raged within Thor as he was forced to listen to William's torment, and the deal Elijah was forced to make. He hurled his immense might against the knife, but it was to no avail. It had the same effect as a hurricane had on a rock. Despite the terrible force of the storm, it simply parted around it, with no to little effect. Instead, he used his mind to cast his voice out in the near lands, hoping that someone would hear. It was a futile hope, for all the knife allowed him to do was a mere whisper of help. He reached out to Elijah and tried to give the man advice, but all he could manage was a faint whisper.

"Time..."

Safton Safton

Adelaide 2.jpg
Adelaide nodded silently at Morgan's grim albeit grim point regarding the wolves coming to terms with potentially having to hunt their own kind. It wasn't out of the question -- according to Will and Eli, there had been werewolves operating at the behest of The First Sin. A pack had raided Alliance and some were present in New York, as well. "Well, I'll be right there with you, learning what I can. Eli and Will taught me a couple of things, but I was always more comfortable being 'behind the scenes', as it were." She sighed wistfully. "I guess that's not an option anymore. With what we're up against, I can't rely on my gifts alone any longer."

Before either of them could speak further, there was a knock at the door. Addy cursed herself for allowing her attention to be distracted and immediately narrowed her senses on the entrance, relaxing immediately at the familiar presence on the other side even before the man spoke. She stood up, bounding across the room to unlock the door and open it up. "Everything all right?" she asked Brody, stepping aside to allow him in.

Elijah 8.jpg
Elijah's eyes flicked upward as the lights within the house of worship dimmed unnaturally, feeling a cold chill run down his spine. He forced the sensations aside, focusing on Mephistopheles as the demon spoke his riddle. Despite himself, Eli nearly smiled in a small triumph at the riddle. It was one he'd known since childhood -- his mother delighted in them when she was alive. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, Eli heard a faint albeit familiar whisper dance across his thoughts. It was one word: time. Was Thor trying to give him a clue? Or telling him to play for time until they could escape the demon's clutches? In either case, his answer would be unchanged.

Eli spoke with as much confidence as he could muster, forcing any shakiness from fear, anger, and grief from his voice. "The sisters are day and night, the sun and the moon. Their births are nothing more than the passage of time."

Ginny nods, and leans back in her chair, trying to relax. It won’t do her any good to be stressed out while she’s dealing with Strife. A few deep breaths and a glowing hand later, she’s fast asleep, safe in her illusory home.
RikuXIII RikuXIII

1579216498392.png

Mephistopheles' lips parted in a predatory smile "Very good, but we still have a few to go." Truth to be told he was not disappointed, now things were beginning to become interesting. It was no fun if the human was hopeless, he would start to believe he had a chance, and Mephistopheles would rip his hope from him. The Ancient Demon pondered for a moment, before turning his attention back to the hunter. His sickly green eyes flared as he spoke once more, this time the voice was not natural, and seemed to come from everywhere at once.

"Ripped from my mother’s womb,
Beaten and burned,
I become a blood thirsty killer.
What am I?"

Safton Safton

LF7KxBR.png

"Well at this rate you'll have the whole village matched up." Chase offered jokingly whilst continuing to eat. He'd known Ash and Elijah had gotten back together on some level but it seemed as though it wasn't completely solidified if she had some reservations. "You know," He paused a moment to swallow. "Joe wasn't technically my father." Chase couldn't imagine she'd come by this information from anyone, and he didn't recall sharing it with her before now. He flashed her a smile, "But that never really mattered to either of us." With that said he'd stuck his fork into another piece of chicken before shoving it in his mouth. Every situation and circumstance was different and had their own complications but Chase thought to offer that up in case it would alleviate anything for the woman on the general subject.
NanLia NanLia

1575139564464.png

Brody nodded as he stepped through the threshold of the small motel room, empty containers at hand. "Somehow." he shrugged as he headed across the room to put away his garbage. "Coast is still clear: no heightened police activity, no hunters looking into what happened. Even the demons seem to be keeping quiet for the time being." He brushed his hands together, turning to look back at Morgan and Adelaide. "I don't know how or why it's working out for us but I'll take it." He was still annoyed with just how much of a cluster this mission had been, he was beginning to believe their luck had run out completely. "We shouldn't press our luck too much longer, though. If the gettings good, we should get."

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan picked at her food as the Guardian spoke, she knew very well how lucky they'd been - she'd been. She nodded at the suggestion. "I think I'm okay to go." She said with less confidence than she felt. "I can walk a bit. Enough to get to the car."
Safton Safton

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May smiled slowly at the sentiment Chase left her with. She considered it quietly for a time. She hadn't ever thought of it before - obviously Joe hadn't been a wolf and Chase hadn't been bitten. Why she never thought for a second that he had been someone else's kid she just didn't know. "Thanks." She sighed, setting her plate aside before leaning back against the arm of the couch, satiated for the moment.

"When did you find out?" She asked but quickly flushed. "Sorry, I don't mean to pry. Don't answer if you don't want to. I've just been thinking about the future. One day I'll have to tell Liam what he is and I know it's not like there would be any telltale signs of him being a Nephilim but I don't know that I would want to keep that from him. Yeah know?"
Crono Crono

Elijah frowned, deep in thought as Mephistopheles posed the next riddle to him. The prose tickled the back of his mind, vaguely familiar, but this time the answer did not leap out at him. He could feel the demon's lingering stare on him, growing more triumphant by the moment. He pled silently for a hint from Thor to no avail, his eyes now deaperately scanning the church for some clue.

There.

His eyes had passed over it before doing a double take to land on the glinting iron of the Kurdish demon-killing knife, resting on the floor beneath a wooden pew, largely veiled in shadow. But its blade, its iron blade, was visible amidst the darkness. Elijah grinned. "Iron ore. Stripped from its deposit, hammered and smelted into a blade -- an instrument of killing."

Alator Alator

Adelaide forced a smile, nodding. She knew Brody's news should be a relief, but she couldn't help but be concerned. Still, concerns were merely that for the time being. In the meantime, they had to get moving. "All right. I'll clean up and check out if you'll help her to the car, Brody?" She said, already gathering up their used food containers and other items.

NanLia NanLia

1580762192517.png
Mephistopheles growled as the hunter was correct once again. He cocked his head to the side, the Demon's horrifying eyes studying Elijah like a wolf would a fieldmouse. "I would be careful about being too sure of yourself Elijah Davenport, you are not done yet. Now hear this and think long and hard, answer well for your words might be the last on this Earth.". As Mephistopheles spoke, a shadow fell over his face. Through his skin, as if it was translucent, one could faintly make out the horrible visage that was disguised beneath it. A face that had caused the hearts of brave men to stop in sheer terror and inspired a deep sense of hopelessness. It was like a predator, ready to pounce and reveal itself. For a third time, Mephistopheles' voice boomed inside the church, seemingly loud and a whisper all at once.

From home I went,
from home I made my way,
I saw a road of roads,
and a road under them,
and a road over them,
and a road on all sides.

Safton Safton

LF7KxBR.png

Chase chuckled at the woman's quick mild embarrassment to her question and shook his head, "No, it's fine. I was..." He tilted his head slightly in a quick second of thought, "...fifteen I think. Though to be honest I'd had some doubts my parents were my real parents before then. Mainly because of the whole," Chase gestured at himself with his hands. "Wolf thing. I started second guessing the whole, it skipped a generation in the family thing he tried to sell me when my Werewolf side showed up." Noticing that he was veering off course he brought it back, "I'd started asking questions about the grandparents and I guess he just decided it was time to come clean. Told me he wasn't my biological father, but that my mother was still very much my mother. Thankfully he left out the details about my real father back then." He let out a silent breath of a sigh. "Let's just say he wasn't a good guy." Chase offered, not wanting to spoil the meal or conversation. "I think he'd wanted to tell me for a while, but just couldn't find the words or maybe the right time?" Chase shrugged, "There's never really a right time to do it. If you want my advice I'd say wait until you're ready to tell him and you think he's ready to hear it. Otherwise he could find out some other way one day."
NanLia NanLia

Brody could tell there was something still bothering Adelaide. As much as he wanted to ask and try and make her feel more comfortable with the plan he didn't want to delay for very long - they had an opportunity to get out of the city and back to Vitae. There was plenty to worry about back at the hunter colony. The pack moved in this morning after they'd left and beyond being yelled at by the Alpha he hadn't heard how it had went. Had the colony accepted them, which had been his doubt all along. And if the colony had welcomed them in, how long before a hunter attempted to take out another wolf, as they had done to Chase father? And would that hunter be Skye?

He stepped up alongside the bed as Morgan pushed back the blankets, he could smell the concoction Adelaide had thankfully created to prevent Morgan from dying to the Hell Hounds saliva. He waited until she nodded before carefully sliding an arm under her legs and behind her back and lifting her out of the bed. He regretted it as saw her wince but didn't stop, carrying the other wolf out of the hotel room to the car parked out front.
Safton Safton

Ashley-May listened, a million questions bubbling up as Chase left out bits and pieces of this life she most certainly wanted to know but knew better than to ask. She was surprised to learn he'd been told that the wolf 'skipped a generation'. When she thought on it more it honestly made the most sense - neither of his parents were a wolf, how else had he become one? The fact that both his parents knew her biological father confused her. At first she had thought that perhaps his biological father and mother had been an item but with the mention of his ethics, she didn't need to let her mind wander far to come up with some alternative circumstances.

"Thank you." She smiled slowly. "I don't know if we'll ever have to tell him he's a Nephilim - Will didn't know he was until recently and I really hope there will never be a situation where it would come up, but I appreciate you sharing it with me. I think it'll help when the times comes to tell him that Elijah's not his father. I think its important he knows the truth; our community is kinda small here and the last thing I would want is for him to find out from a stranger or neighbour accidentally or otherwise. I never knew my father." She shrugged. "My mother always promised to tell me about him but never did. I asked over and over again when I was a kid and teenager and then I just gave up asking. It's always bothered me, not knowing. I never wanted to meet him - he left her when he found out she was pregnant, but it'd be nice to know his name even."
Crono Crono

Last edited:
It took all of Elijah's force of will not to flinch back, cowed, by Mephisto's visage beneath his faux human face. He knew he couldn't allow himself to become distracted by the demon or his threats as he considered the riddle posed to him.

And therein lay the issue: he didn't know the answer. He had never heard this riddle before -- of that he was certain. Eli even tried his saving grace from before, looking around the cathedral for some kind of clue, to no avail. He ran through the verbal puzzle in his mind again, mentally highlighting each word for some kind of clue.

As if on cue, he could sense the demon's gaze narrowing on him and hear the distant ticking of a clock. He was running out of time. His heart beating fast in his chest, a cool sweat running down his brow, Mephistipheles opened his mouth to speak and Eli cut him off with the first word coming to mind. "A river."

Alator Alator

After cleaning up their trash, Addy gathered her things and made her way out and to the check-in desk. The staff member there shot her a very suspicious look regarding the length of their stay; Adelaide didn't need her gift to detect the inappropriate assumptions flying through the man's mind. She ignored them, paying for the room before making her way back to the car where Brody was buckling Morgan in.

"Good to go?" Adelaide asked Brody, about to climb into the driver's seat before hesitating and instead handing him the keys with a smile.

NanLia NanLia

1581714293438.png

Mephistopheles took a deep breath, looking for a moment as if he was about to rip the hunter's throat out. Then he began clapping slowly. It was almost mocking, but the Demon was a man of his word "Congratulations, you may take your friend and leave, by that I mean the Nephilim. If you as much as touch Donar I will show you something far worse than death. Though, I do suppose you'll have to carry him. He doesn't look too good." The Ancient Demon cast a glance at William, still impaled on the broken shaft of blood. He looked horrible, his face a mask of blood and his clothes soaked in it. The eyes were slowly growing back, but now just resembled two bloody lumps where they before had been pushed in completely.

There was a sudden drop in temperature, though not the unpleasant kind, rather something like the fresh air of a winter morning. Then an arrow struck Mephistopheles' chest. It was clearly no ordinary arrow, for light flickered from within the Demon where it had struck. Forgetting all about the human, he spun around to watch the entrance to the cathedral where a man stood with a bow. The man didn't look like much, he wore a plain brown leather jacket and had jeans, with a great beard that made him look like the classic example of a lumberjack. Mephistopheles' expression turned from unbridled rage to amusement in a mere instant. "I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that you would show up and try to save your daddy, but did you really think you could defeat me with your toys?" He pulled out the arrow and threw it to the ground. "Your greatest champion failed to best me, and now you think a second-rate such as yourself thinks you'd have a go?"

The new god spoke with Norwegian accent as he answered with a rather jovial voice "No, by myself I knew I couldn't win. But he can." He inclined his head to his right. A gentle breeze that smelled of salt blew through the doors, and in stepped an impressive looking man. By the looks of him, he was middle-aged and wore an expensive suit and an overcoat, his hair was dark and his eyes the purest blue. But that was not what was truly impressive. He radiated the sort of immense power that only the likes of Thor, Ra, Odin and Hades do. The kind that could level a city. In his hand, the god held a silver trident.

Mephistopheles seemed to ponder this for a moment, but decided that his prize was worth the battle, and his pride would not allow himself to flee from these relics of a time long since gone. At his command, William's angel sword flew into his hand. Not wanting Elijah to immediately rush to to pull the dagger out, he snapped his fingers and caused the tendons in the hunter's heels to tear apart, removing his ability to walk while keeping his promise that he would not kill. He spoke "I will end you both here and add your precious little weapons to my collection. You should have known better than to interfere in my buisness, and for that your suffering will be legendary."

Then everything happened quickly. The god with the bow approached, launching arrow after arrow with superhuman speed, but the Demon had raised his hand and the arrows disintegrated as they got close to him. With the gesture of his hand, a blast of hellish fire knocked the god aside. But the second god with the trident advanced quickly, the tips of the weapon shining with bright blue energy. The deity lunged towards Mephistopheles, and a blast of energy from the trident caused the Demon to stumble backwards. The god followed up with a series of thrusts, and the earth seemed to tremble as the ancient demon parried and returned the blows. While the Demon wasn't a very refined combatant, he was very experienced and had no concern for fighting with honor. He sent his foe into a pillar with a well-placed kick just in time as the archer rejoined the fray, brandishing a hunting dagger. The god leapt from behind the Demon and did not make a sound, for he was a formidable hunter. But Mephistopheles was fast, snake-fast, and spun around just in time. As the god brought the dagger down, Mephistopheles caught his arm and used the deity's momentum to slam him into the floor so hard that it cracked and the church itself shook from the force. Before he could do anything more, a blast of blue energy knocked him backwards as the god with the trident fell upon him once more.

As the church began to shake once more with the violent force of the battle, the hunter-god called out "The dagger!" as he struggled to his feet and moved to help his ally.

Safton Safton

LF7KxBR.png

"Well when the time comes if he...or you for that matter, want someone to give him a talking to on the subject then just call." Chase offered whilst leaning back into his chair, "I'm sure as hell not a master on the subjects of you aren't human or your dad isn't your dad, but I do have boy-scout badges in both and don't mind having words if need be." The man chuckled before listening to Ashley speak on her own parents and not knowing who her father was and losing the chance to find out. "I get that." He let out a huff remembering the time between when Joe told Chase he wasn't his father, and years later when Chase all but forced Joe to spill the details. "I won't try and say it might be for the best or any of that crap, but there's always the chance there's a silver lining to not knowing. Who knows."
NanLia NanLia

ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1

With Ginny napping, Chester continued on with the drive in silence. He rehearsed in his head over and over what he was going to say to Strife. It wasn’t gonna be easy, but he had back up. He did the sales pitch, Ginny said something soothing, and the final whammy from Ron wins her over. He wondered if he should tell Strife that her human friend, Ron, had been Chaos’s friend Ron for longer? Probably not. She might take Ron coming into her life at Chaos’s request the wrong way. Besides, he stayed of his own choice. That’s what mattered.
“It’s gonna be difficult to get Strife to come away with Ron still on his death bed.” Chester thought dourly.
He wasn’t really ready to admit it was going to be difficult for him too.
After many quiet miles of self reflection and planning, Chester pulled into a parking deck of the hospital. He gentle touched Ginny’s arm.
“Rise and shine.” He said pleasantly. “We’ve made it.”

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Ginny opens her eyes, and smiles at Chester, siting up and adjusting her jacket. “Right, here we go.” She says, seeming much more relaxed than before her nap. A good talk with her mom will do that. She brushes her long, black hair out of her face, and gets out of his car, taking a deep breath. “We’re gonna be fine.”
RikuXIII RikuXIII

Last edited:
Brody nodded at Adelaide. "More than ever." He didn't want to linger longer than they already had, getting back on the road was the safest option for them. Even if they didn't make it out of the city before night fall he'd much rather spend the night on the road towards meeting their angelic lift back to Vitae than risk a second encounter at the motel. He was mildly surprised as she handed him the keys to her car. He'd driven earlier but that had been emergent, he never expected her to give up driving her own vehicle in favour of him.

He said nothing, opening the drivers side door and dropping into the seat, glancing back at Morgan soundly tucked into the back seat. He slipped the keys into the ignition and once Adelaide was in and settled herself, he started them back through the city.
Safton Safton

Mackenzie looked over the blade she'd created. It was far from amazing in quality - she wasn't a trained smith, however she'd learned enough from the others at the colony how to edge the blade accordingly. It was a little wonky in places, a few pits but the edge was sharp and that's all she needed from the bronze blade. She set it down on the table and wrapped it up in a cloth, tucking it into the her jacket pocket before taking a final glance around the black smith. She believed she had returned everything to exactly where it had been. Despite Max not wanting the job of running and managing basically all of it, he still was a stickler for cleanliness.

Satisfied she locked up the blacksmith and forges behind her, heading back to her car.

Initially she had intended on slipping out of the colony - head out to where she knew it would be somewhat safe where she could set up the wards and sigils in advance. After getting into the Beast she'd seen the time. Will would, or should, be on his way back to the colony soon enough and the last thing she needed was for him to catch her in her plans. She decided to head back to the house instead and was surprised to step in the front of the house and find Ashley-May and Chase having some kind of feast together.

"I thought you were at the Clinic" Mac dropped her duffel bag in the hall and started shrugging out of her coat.

"I thought you were at the Clinic" Ash replied, eyebrows raised.

"Fair point." Mac shrugged, opting to not press and get detective Ash on her case. "There enough for a snack left? Or did the spawn eat it all?"

Ashley-May wrinkled her nose at the hunter for the comment but offered up a take out box and chop sticks. "Sit with us, we were just talking about Dads." She giggled quietly seeing Mac pause. "Not yours, ours." She patted the couch nearby. "But I think I was making Chase a little uncomfortable. Did you know Chase's been looking for a hunt? A non-pack hunt."
Crono Crono

Elijah Main.jpg
Elijah's fists tightened at his side. He had half-expected Mephistopheles to strike him down despite their "arrangement". Crossroads Demon could usually be counted on to uphold some semblance of their end of a bargain, but with one this powerful... who knew what rules or guidelines would restrain him? He walked over to help Will to his feet, the Nephilim already reaching down and removing the wooden crucifix from his chest with a sickening sound of suction. Eli stepped forward, attempting to wrap an arm around Will. He ignored the warm blood that soaked into his jacket -- the blood of his friend.

"I'm fine, Eli. I can see," Will said under his breath. His eyes were still a ruin -- that much was obvious, but Eli suspect that it wasn't physical sight that Will was mentioning as the Nephilim steadied himself. He knew his friend wasn't willing to leave Thor behind and frankly neither was he, but Mephisto was watching them with a predatory gaze. Before Eli could reply, an arrow whipped through the air to embed itself into the demon. Both hunters watched the ensuing battle. Eli had strong suspicions as to who these two new figures were, but as soon as he made to dash toward the incapacitated Thor, he felt a lancing pain in his hamstrings as his muscles separated. He let out a hissing yelp and crumpled to the tiled floor.

Will Hooded.jpg
"Eli!" Will called out as he heard his friend cry out in pain. He moved quickly, kneeling down at his side and allowing his Grace to lead his hands to the site of the injury. He pressed his bloodied palms to either of his partner's legs, channeling his Grace -- what little of it remained -- into the limbs to mend the muscles as best he could. "Can you move?" he asked quickly.

"Yes," Eli replied.

"Go to Thor. Pull that dagger out," Will said grimly, his eyes slowly reforming into some semblance of their former selves.

Elijah frowned. "What're you going to do?"

Will stood up, turning to face the ongoing duel. "I'm going to get my sword back," he said flatly before reaching out with one hand, narrowing his mind and soul on the celestial weapon clutched in Mephistopheles' hand. It had belonged to his father... and now it was his. He called forth his Grace yet again, his eyes glowing a pale gray-blue. The angel sword suddenly ignited with holy flame in the demon's hand, prompting him to drop the weapon as Will called it telekinetically back to his own hand.

Meanwhile, Eli hobbled toward the prostrate form of Thor. His legs still weren't fully healed from the trauma and he'd be worse than useless in the ongoing bout against Mephisto. But this... this he could do. Making it within arm's reach of the Norse deity, Elijah clutched the handle of the enchanted dagger and tugged with all his might upward.

Alator Alator

Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide settled into the backseat with Morgan, wrapping an arm around the wolf's shoulders and prompting her to rest against her as Brody drove them away from the city center. She glanced out the window as they went, mumbling idly, "I hope that our angelic Greyhound hasn't forgotten about us..."

NanLia NanLia

1583181938245.png

As the dagger was pulled from his chest. Thor's eyes snapped open. The cathedral echoed with a otherwordly roar of rage as the angelic sword ignited in Mephistopheles' hands, and he dropped it. The Trident God did not hesitate, instead driving the trident deep into the Demon's thigh. Mephistopheles hissed with pain and fell down to one knee as the deity pulled it out and prepared to strike again, once more driving it forward, this time aimed at the Demon's chest. The floor seemed to tremble as Mephistopheles caught it with his hand, holding it at bay with all his might. Yet he was losing, and the weapon was edging ever forward. An act of desperation, he grabbed hold of a nearby metal candleholder, a heavy metal bar with a crown. With all his unholy strength he swung it into the Deity, the force causing the metal to bend violently, but did succeed in knocking the Deity backwards.

The god with the bow leapt forward once more, seemingly overcome with the joy of battle, but was blasted backwards with an invisible force that was so great that he knocked off several chips of stone from a pillar. It was over, this much he knew. But he wouldn't go quite yet. His eyes turned towards the Nephilim who once more dared defy him, and robbed him of his victory. Fire seemed to swirl about the Demon as he prepared to unleash a blast of hellfire as a parting gift. But the Trident God had recovered, and struck the ball of fire aside with a swing of his mighty weapon, that once more shone bright with blue light. The fire blasting through a nearby wall and shattering several windows. He stepped forward, and from his trident and very being seemed to come a powerful stream of water. And the water had a will of it's own. It flew forward, swirling around Mephistopheles' and enveloping him in a floating mass of water that carried the Demon upwards. The inside of this strange imitation of an aquarium shone bright, and the water began hissing because of the heat. The Deity himself seemed to struggle holding it together against the Demon's power, and the earth was trembling violently now. Dust fell from the high ceiling of the cathedral.

All Thor managed was a look mixed sympathy and gratitude, before rising to his feet, gazing up at the man who Thor had named his champion on Earth. Truth to be told Thor had always had a respect for Elijah, he was a hunter who had always treated Thor with respect and the Deity appreciated it. But it had been a long time since someone had truly sacrificed something for the god, and these two men had spilled their blood. William in particular. And he was wracked with guilt. In his rage he had fallen into a trap, and without others' aid he would likely have been delivered to Adam. He was the one who was supposed to protect them and not the other way around. Yet he had lost another battle, it seemed to Thor it was all he did these days. Adam, Hypolyes, Mephistopheles... Sure he had put up a great struggle, but in the end it had been he who was laid low in all of those legendary struggles. The two men had withstood the risk of the most horrible torture to aid him, and it seemed all he had done to repay them was with failure. This realisation built up a raging storm of unbridled fury inside of Thor. Everything human about the deity was gone now. From his eyes shot lightning, and his figure seemed to become enveloped by it. No, not enveloped. The lighting was him. And in his hand was Mjölnir. The great hammer, with it's ancient runes, glowed with power. It's innate power in perfect harmony with that of it's master.

And he raised the hammer skywards, and it seemed as if everything in the room was being pulled towards him. Thunder sounded violently outside, and powerful winds buffeted the building. The Trident God and Thor seemed to exchange some unspoken idea, and the other deity raised his trident skywards, and with a flash of light took the others present with him. The two gods and two hunters, a most unlikely group, appeared on a hill to the west of Baker City that overlooked the town. The dark night was chilly, but that in itself was not strange. What was strange was the massive thunderstorm that raged in the skies. Lightning flashed in the clouds with unusual intensity and ferocity, and above the cathedral there was a maelstrom of swirling clouds. It was as if the storm itself had it's immense fury focused solely on the cathedral, who's towers shot up defiantly. Then, it seemed as if the very air began to scream, and it seemed as if there was a great discharge in the clouds, a tidal wave of lightning surging towards the maelstrom.

Then the sky was practically torn apart as an enormous lightning bolt struck the building. It came with a deafening crack so loud it seemed to resonate throughout the land, and the flash was so bright it lit up the night as if it had been the brightest of summer days. The building itself was half blown to pieces, it's roof incinerated in mere moments, and the towers falling in and collapsing the building further. The entire city was turned pitch black as the surge of electricity fried the power grid of the entire city, sparks flying from the electrical cables. The air itself seemed to carry a metallic taste. The god wielding the trident didn't seem particularly stunned, for he was very old, ancient. The bowman however, began chuckling "Oh, he's really pissed."

Thor did arrive soon after. He was unharmed, for lightning could not harm him. Which was why he had summoned it upon himself. "The scum has fled, back to Hell to lick his wounds." he declared, before giving the bowman a hearty embrace "It is good to see you, my son. And you too, Poseidon." aiming the last part at the one who could not be anyone but him, the mighty greek god of the seas and earthquakes. His dark hair and beard, combined with those piercing blue eyes, made Poseidon look fierce. And he was, for he had as many moods as the sea itself, but now the sea was calm.

Thinking that there was more pressing matters than catching up right now, he strode up to William who surprisingly stood on his feet, despite the severe violence that Mephistopheles had. Though he wasn't in a particular good mood, but he did manage the jest "Mackenzie and Ashley-May would flay me with a dull kitchen knife if I returned you two in this state...". It was a lesser known fact that Thor was a god of healing, but he was. Elijah didn't require much more than a wave of his hand, his heels mending almost in an instant. William was trickier however, and Thor both his hands on the man's head, and shut his eyes. Allowing his power to flow into the Nephilim, speeding up his already supernatural recovery. While doing so, he muttered "I am sorry, I did not anticipate that he would show up."

Safton Safton

Will Hooded.jpg Elijah Main.jpg

After aiding Thor, Elijah scrambled on his crippled legs to secure the fallen demon blade, clutching it in his hand as the Thundergod recovered.

Meanwhile, William held his own angel sword, facing Mephistopheles defiantly as the demon turned his attention toward him -- along with a torrent of hellfire. Will stood his ground, attempting to once again call upon his reserves of Grace to to block the oncoming blaze... but it wasn't there. After his previous efforts, it was like tapping a drained well. He braced himself for the imminent heat, only for it to be swallowed up in what seemed like an ocean's worth of water, courtesy of one of their divine visitors.

Both hunters watched as the demon was carried up toward the arched ceiling of the cathedral, thrashing impotently against the sea's wrath. It was soon accompanied by that of lightning and thunder, and Elijah began to turn around to face Thor out of instinct, but immediately turned away as he was nearly blinded. Within moments, both men suddenly found themselves outside the cathedral -- in fact they were staring at it in the distance from atop a hill. Elijah doubled over unsteadily from the transition, while Will simply let out a breath he'd been (unnecessarily) holding in a very human-like habit. In the seconds that followed, he watched the destruction with morbid fascination. It reminded him of the devastation in New York at the hands of other pagan gods, or the aftermath of his unit calling in an airstrike on a Taliban compound in Afghanistan and backing off to watch the proverbial fireworks.

As Thor apologized about the demon's unexpected presence, Will simply shook his head. "It's all right. That's the most powerful demon I've ever heard of, much less fought. Stronger than Mur, even. I don't imagine one gets to where that bastard is without learning to make moves of his own."

Elijah turned to each of the gods, inclining his head toward them. "Thank you for the assistance. Poseidon and..." he turned to the bowman. "Ullr, I take it?" As he waited for an answer, a thought seemed to strike him and he perked up, pulling his leather jacket back and reaching into the back of his waistband. He pulled the cursed dagger that had been plunged into Thor's chest from his belt, flipping it deftly in his hand so that the handle was extended toward the Odinson, offering it to his patron.

Christopher.jpg

Christopher had resisted the urge to mutter under his breath in frustration as he was summoned to the front gate yet again to address a visitor. With Bart's departure (along with more than a few other experienced sentries in the exodus following Pack Night), Vitae's guards had been a rotating door of candidates that would have once been considered less than ideal: old enough to be retired, too young and inexperienced, or otherwise. But they made do all the same.

Chris stepped through the gate to see a dark vintage Ford Bronco idling a few dozen yards down the road, its windshield and windows tinted to what had to be the legal limit. Chris lifted his hand, waving the driver forward. No response. Frowning, he repeated the motion more vigorously. Again, the 4x4 sat there, engine purring. The hunter grunted, turning to look up at the top of the gate where the sentry returned his nervous glance, fingering the safety on his rifle.

Slowly, Christopher walked toward the driver's side door of the truck, rapping softly at the glass with his knuckle. The tinted glass rolled down, but only partially -- just enough to reveal the driver. He bore the salt-and-pepper hair and creased lines of a man in his late 50s at the least, though one undeniably fit for his age and wearing a grim expression.

"Afternoon. Can I help you?" Chris asked hesitantly.

"You got William Hendrix here?" the man asked in a gravelly New York accent, steely hazel eyes turning to meet the hunter's. The "question" had come across as more of a statement than anything.

Chris frowned, crossing his arms. "Can I get your name? And what line of work you're in?"

The mystery man sighed, rolling back the sleeve of his leather jacket closest to the window to reveal an anti-possession sigil tattooed to the underside of his forearm. "Name's Shaw. I used to hunt with him. Is he here or not?"

"No."

Shaw arched an eyebrow. "Is that 'no you don't know 'em', or 'no he's not here'?"

Christopher pursed his lips before relenting with a sigh. "He's not here now. He's on a hunt. But he's one of our Councillors here at Vitae."

Shaw grunted an acknowledgement of some kind at the information -- a hint of what might have been amusement flitting across his features before disappearing as quickly as it had come. He reached over towards his passenger seat, grabbing something before passing it out the window to Christopher. It was a matte gray metallic container -- not much bigger than a lunchbox -- fitted with a numeric combination dial on the front. "That's for him. Let him know people are still dying out there. It's not all Heaven and Hell, end of days bullshit... he's gotta remember where he came from. If he asks, tell him the combo is the day he woke up. And don't you or any other assholes get any bright ideas and go tampering with it in the meantime; I added insurance in case of that."

Christopher's eyes widened at the last bit. "Wait, are you telling me this thing is booby-trapped?"

Shaw smirked wolfishly, scoffing to himself before unceremoniously rolling the window back up. The Bronco shifted back into drive and Chris barely stepped back in time as the engine roared, the 4x4 peeling away to leave back the way it came -- leaving him alone in a cloud of dust. He looked down at the lockbox in his hand before shaking his head, taking a deep breath and walking back into the Colony with his arms stretched fully out in front of him holding the container as far away as possible.

***​

William might have been gone, but it didn't take long for Christopher to track down his partners-in-crime inside one of the houses. After rapping on the door without hearing a response, he stepped inside. He approached Mackenzie, Chase, and Ashley-May bearing the mystery "gift" just in time to hear the latter speaking, "Did you know Chase's been looking for a hunt? A non-pack hunt."

Chris cleared his throat as he approached. "Ah, maybe I can help you there." He walked forward, setting the unassuming lockbox down on the table in front of them... and taking a step back from it for good measure. He then related his brief encounter with "Shaw" to them in detail. "I don't know what to make of it. I figured I'd leave it with you until Hendrix gets back," he said with an impotent shrug. "Just... do me a favor and don't try to open it, okay? That guy seemed like he meant business."

Last edited:
LF7KxBR.png

Chase snorted softly and smiled at Ashley going all in on asking Mac about a hunt without any of the mild subtlety Chase might have attempted to use himself. "Well, you didn't try to bring up daddy issues and try and connect it to my relationship with Emile. So, we hadn't hit the uncomfortable stage just yet." He joked, all the while grabbing one of the nearby tray's and outstretching his arm towards Mackenzie to hand it off so she could double fist different foods and make a choice. "Liam and I had a eating contest but there's still some sitting around." Before Chase could speak on the subject of a hunt however, a voice came from the front door that Mackenzie had left open when she'd entered. Chris stood there looking only a little hesitant about the accidental eaves-dropping and entering the home, he raised a curious eyebrow as Chris set a lock-box on the table and requested they not try and open it. This of course only making Chase want to open it and look inside all the more, "What's the deal with opening it?" He asked, standing from the chair and moving around the table to where Chris was to get a better look at it.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

1583357098391.png

Thor removed his hands from William and studied his handiwork, if not for his blood-soaked clothes it was as if he had never been hurt. The night had been long and the deity felt a bit weary, but did not show anything as he turned to Elijah. He shook his head when Elijah offered him the dagger, saying "Nay, I'll not lay a finger on that cursed thing. Why don't you keep it? It might prove handy in the future as it is obviously powerful enough to put me down, just keep it out of the paws of your countrymen will you?". He wasn't overly thrilled at the chance of the British possessing a weapon that could effectively render him more helpless than a newborn kitten.

Ullr, for it was indeed Ullr, bowed in an over-the-top jesting manner "It is indeed I, God of Hunting, Archery and Skiing. Not necessarily in that order. Pleasure to meet you, oh Chosen One. I did watch your little initiation ceremony back in Lofoten." and smiling he reached out a hand in greeting. Thor raised an eyebrow at his son's theatrics, but Ullr simply retorted "Oh please, at least I don't summon a storm every time I stop by to say hello.", causing the older god to chuckle. Of all the Norse gods, even moreso than Thor himself, Ullr was the one who had spent the most time in Midgård. And he was quite fond of humans, especially those who fought alongside his father. As they spoke, the last remaining part of the cathedral that stilld stood, collapsed with a distant rumbling sound. Thor hoped the humans had insurance, but wasn't too sorry about a ruined church as there had been no casualties.

Thor turned Poseidon, who looked very indifferent compared to Ullr. Nothing that surprised Thor, the Greeks always took themselves more seriously than the Norse. And Poseidon was equal in honor to Zeus, and almost as powerful, he had a reputation to keep in mind. Once he had ruled the Mediterranean Sea with absolute power, these days were past him of course, but he still held considerable sway over the oceans of the world. Thor himself was not quite sure who was the most powerful god between the two, though he knew he was physically stronger. It was in short, one that Thor truly considered an equal. "Your aid was most welcome Poseidon, and I am truly grateful. Few could have hoped to oppose such a foe."

1583357631653.png

Poseidon smiled, for he was not immune to flattery "Your son can be very persuasive, and Mephistopheles has defiled my shores with his vile presence before. Besides, I am also concerned about this buisness with Adam, from every corner of the world, all manner of foul things come forth as he rises. Sensing an opportunity for change. Some things even that haven't been seen since my siblings and I overthrew Kronos. It is happening in our homelands too, I destroyed a Gigantes not two days ago on Andros."

The Lord of the Sea scratched his beard, and at some unspoken command his magnificient silver trident vanished from his hands witha shimmering blue light. Making the deity look quite ordinary. Turning his attention to the two hunters for the first time, he added "You two did well to keep him distracted.". The deity spoke in a plain tone, but it had been high praise coming from the Earth-Shaker. For he seldom complimented humans at all.

Safton Safton

Ashley-May beamed at Chase's suggestion on just how to make their conversation that much more uncomfortable. "Noted for the future." She winked at the wolf though it was far from a jest, she was disappointed she hadn't connected those dots on her own. With the pack now living with the remainder of the colony she knew she'd have plenty of opportunity for more match making and information gathering. She watched as Christopher wandered uncomfortably into the house; it didn't bother her in the least. She knew Chris well enough from her time in the colony and so far as she was concerned he was on of the 'gang'. "Sit down?" She asked, not even glancing at the box he'd set like a time bomb on the coffee table.

"Ah, no. That's alright." He answered and Ash nodded. She knew that he and Mac had some history and didn't go well. Who didn't? And she didn't want to press.

Christopher inhaled deeply and sighed. "Older guy dropped it off for Will. Well, actually. He was asking for William to start with and when I told him he wasn't around he handed me. Said to tell Will will not more Heaven and Hell B.S. and he needs to remember where he came from? He said that he added insurance to stop people for tampering and that the combination is 'the day he woke up' " He turned a questioning glance towards the others in the room, as he made eye contact with Mackenzie she stood and walked out the front door without a word.

He stared after her for a minute before looking back at Ash and Chase. "I'm not sure I want to find out what the insurance on this thing is. I don't know we can afford that premium." He shrugged and waved at the lock box again. "I am curious about what it is though, and what that message meant. 'when he woke up.'"

Mackenzie munched on the left overs of Ash and Chase's take out meal as the men were discussing the box. She frowned as Christopher described him - no one she would recognize but she knew what the message meant. She set the food down and got up, leaving the house out the front towards the Beast. She believed she knew Will well enough to know the answer to the combo riddle. She'd been in his dreams, seen first hand exactly when he'd been woken up: when he'd come to realize that demons, witches, monsters were a thing. Trouble was - she didn't know the exact dates.

"Fucking Hypnos." She cursed as she rounded the back end of her Beast, dropping the bed and dragging her tool box over. She hoped the god would pop up them, just so she could test her blade but of course gods never arrived when you wanted, or needed, them to. Extracting the crowbar from the box she headed back into the house. "Anyone who doesn't want to be here for this better leave now."
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back