• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
LF7KxBR.png

There had been a moment of both surprise and confusion when Mackenzie spoke. There was mild amusement in her reaction, being similar to his own when Ashley had brought up the idea earlier. Chase recalled back to when he'd been informed of Joe's death, and how he'd lashed out and blamed them before taking off into the forest. It seemed as though that had likely stuck with her. Mac was quick to change the subject to Will being home, just before the man came walking outside. If there could have been any doubt he'd been involved in the breaking and entering of the box, it was gone now. "She made me do it." He accused jokingly with a grin, nearly offering the box in his arms out but Will's own hands were busy.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Ashley-May narrowed her eyes at Elijah suspiciously at his answer; it was unusual for him to be 'clingy' at any time, much less in the company of others. She leaned in to deliver a quick peck to his cheek but ultimately regretted it as the man went on to call her both a liar and a glutton. She snapped her elbow back, connecting with his ribs and nodded with satisfaction as the hiss she received. "If you want any of the cookies you'll have to earn them." She warned Eli. "Chris is pulling all the weight here, and we have dozens more to go; the pack members won't be satisfied with a few each, if they eat anything like Chase does."

Mackenzie winced at the sight of Will headed their direction, disappointed they weren't able to leave it on the coffee table and out of either of their hands before he saw it. She contently leaned against him as he hugged her, glad he was back; she didn't like when he was away and started to realize just how much the connection being 'stretched' bothered her. She parted her lips to answer him but quickly snapped her jaw closed with a click when the wolf managed to speak first, and blame it entirely on her. She glared at him for a long quiet moment before speaking. "I didn't make him do anything." She countered, looking up at the Nephilim, resting her chin on his chest. "I simply told the room and I intended on opening it, with or without others. He volunteered."

She knew this left Wills question unopened so she inhaled deeply and sighed. "It was dropped off at the gate in your name with a nasty clue on how to open it. I decided that, if I was right in guessing who had left it, the message was meant to be a painful reminder and pointless for you to dwell on." She shrugged. "I was right, and he's left you random things I assume he wants you to hunt down. Some of them we'd already talked about, before New York and shit hitting the fan."
Crono Crono Safton Safton

Elijah 5.jpg
Elijah hissed, rubbing at his ribs where Ash's elbow had connected. He pouted before nodding solemnly. "...Fine," he remarked with mock frustration.

Chris simply shook his head, stepping away before nodding to his work. "Here, you can take over for me. I'm going to go see how they're getting on outside." Eli nodded and moved to take over the critical task of preparing the cookies for baking -- every bit as important as stopping the First Sin if it meant avoiding his girlfriend's wrath.

William Main.jpg
William arched an eyebrow at Chase's immediate denial of responsibility, joking though it was, as Mac clarified. He had no interest in pursuing the subject of whose fault it was, even less so once Mac continued to explain how it had come into their possession. He frowned, trying to put the pieces together. He released Mac gently, reaching out to take the box from Chase as he asked without looking up, "Who left this?"

Before either of them could reply, Chris spoke up from the doorway. "He didn't give a name." Will turned to face him as the young man was walked toward them, "Older guy, late 50s at least. White. Salt-and-pepper sorta hair. New York accent. Had a whole 'Brooklyn tough' thing going on."

Will froze, every muscle in his body tensing. "He was a hunter?"

Chris shrugged. "I assumed so. Had a sigil on the bottom of his arm, right here," he remarked, holding up his left pointing to the bottom of the forearm. "Drove a beat-up old black Ford."

"How long ago?" William asked, already making as if to dash toward the gate.

"Don't," Chris said, cutting him off. "It was a while ago, Will. And the way he drove out of here, he'll be halfway to Iowa by now. I take it you know him?"

Will sighed, nodding. "Yeah. Derek Shaw. He's the man who taught me most of what I know about hunting. He disappeared on me shortly before I met Eli. Haven't heard from him in years. I thought he was dead by now." He looked at the box in his hands and his next words were spoken in a lower, almost solemn tone. "What did he say the combination was?"

Chris swallowed deeply, glancing up to see Mac glaring a warning at him. Will saw the silent interplay and sidestepped to place himself in between the two, blocking their sight of one another. "Chris?" he prompted.

"He, ah..." the man cleared his throat. "He said it was 'the day you woke up'."

Will didn't react visibly, simply giving a light nod. Somehow he knew that would be the answer. He said nothing, glancing down at the disc lock affixed to the front of the box, his calloused fingers spinning the four digits into place. He wondered if Shaw had phrased the clue that way deliberately in an attempt to confuse him: the first time they met, it had been William waking up from a medically-induced coma following surgical complications Stateside. Shaw was the first visitor he received that day... the day he told William he wasn't insane and that monsters existed. But no, that wasn't the day Shaw wanted him to keep in mind. His mentor didn't have a sentimental bone in his body; he didn't care about their partnership or their bond. He simply wanted Will to remember a slightly earlier date -- the one where he'd seen his friends massacred on that mountainside in Afghanistan by things that couldn't and shouldn't exist. The day he lost his leg and so much more. With the final digit lined up, he heard a faint click that would signify the mechanism unlatching... had the box not been forcibly pried open moments before. He shook his head, muttering under his breath. "Son of a bitch." Regaining his composure, he looked back up at Chris. "Thanks."

The younger man seemed to get the idea, simply nodding before turning on his heel and heading back inside. Will, meanwhile, turned back to face Mac and Chase. "I appreciate what you two were trying to do, but it was dangerous. Shaw's a hell of a hunter, but he isn't the kind of guy to fuck around with or call his bluff." He fixed them both with a half-hearted glare before sighing. "...But he wouldn't drop this off without it being important. So, what do you say we head inside and sort through this? You still looking for a hunt, or you willing to settle for vandalism and invasion of privacy?" he remarked, all traces of annoyance gone as he smiled.

Last edited:
LF7KxBR.png

The glare he received from Mackenzie was about on point for what he expected as a reaction. Once the woman's attention was back on Will Chase shook his head then held a finger gun to it while looking at the other man, declaring she threatened him with a silver bullet. But he was quick to drop the act when Will left the embrace in an attempt not to be seen by Mac. Then handed the box off to Will as as he approached to claim it, though he noticed when the man's atmosphere changed as he questioned Chris about who'd left it. With the explanation, Chase couldn't imagine if Joe had shown him the ropes then just disappeared. Though that relationship was completely different he imagined it probably hit similarly. Once Will had thought things through he addressed Chase and Mac with a small reprimand before taking it in a more lighthearted direction to which Chase nodded and readied to move alongside the other two towards the back door. "I mean the invasion of privacy and vandalism were fun and all but a hunt would go much further. How was the Dragon hunting? You look to be in one piece, no scorch marks either."

Mackenzie glared at the Nephilim's back as he once more stepped between herself and another hunter to keep her from seeing them. She tilted the crowbar off her shoulder to tap the large man in the back with the end of it. "Excuse me." She said, though it was far from pleasant from between her clenched teeth. "Putting your big ass between me and the other guy will not stop me from unloading on him." She stepped around Will to be in clear view of Christopher, using the crowbar to point his direction. "I made it pretty clear that I didn't want that part of the message passed along."

She turned her attention to the wolf, using the same metal rod to point at him. She paused, lips parted as through she were going to say something else but she thought better of it, shaking her head and huffing. "I'm going to go kill something. Have fun." She returned the crowbar to her shoulder, striding away from Will and Chase, headed back towards the house more than a little annoyed.
Safton Safton Crono Crono

1590614200076.png
Will frowned at Mackenzie's threats -- verbal and implied -- to himself and Chris, who was already well on his way to fleeing. "Not your choice to make, Mac," he murmured mildly as she scolded Chris for giving him the information he sought. It wasn't long before his fiancee was storming into the house, still hefting the crowbar with a muttered promise to kill something. He stared after her, hands on his hips with a long-suffering sigh. That was going to be an issue.

Will shook his head to clear it before turning toward Chase. "It... could have gone worse," he said after a moment's hesitation. "There ended up being a little more resistance than even Thor expected, but we managed," he finished with a shrug. He glanced back toward the house. "Let's head in before she makes good on that promise." Will entered the house through the back door, holding it open for Chase to enter before him... as much out of fear of a crowbar ambush as politeness. When the attack didn't materialize, he made his way to the living room to dump out the contents of the box on the table, spreading them about methodically before taking a seat on the couch and leaning over to silently scrutinize each one in turn, waiting for the others to arrive.

LF7KxBR.png

Chase watched as Mac spoke her mind to Chris before turning to him, clearly with something on her mind to say before giving up and walk away. He blinked in more confusion and curiosity than anything before following after her with Will. "So having a god around didn't end up screwing things up for the worse? That's a first." The man shrugged as he made his way inside. Once the other man had dumped out the boxes content and grabbed a handful Chase opted to look over a few pages as well, "I take it that plate's feeling pretty full right about now."

Mackenzie passed through the house, passing a quick glance to the lovebirds in the kitchen contently playing house. She meandered out the front door with the intent on returning her crowbar to the back of her car and to find her journal. She knew she had several clippings that were similar or possibly even identical to the ones Will had received and she wasn't about to be left out of another hunt by the new Nephilim. Prophet or not, she still had the ability to contribute to all of this, beyond being a message board for Heaven.

After digging under the seat for the well used and worn journal she returned to the house to find Chase and Will seated and digging through the clippings with Christopher standing awkwardly in the doorway. Upon making eye contact with the man he cleared his throat.

"Ah, well, with all that being done I'm going to head out."

"No wait! Chris!" Ashley-May called from the kitchen, shuffling out, whisk in hand to frown at the gate keeper. "What about your cookies?"

He raised a hand a rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly but pointedly glancing from Ash to Mac and back again. "I'll come by for them later." He didn't wait for any further response before stepping back out the patio door, content to use the yards gate rather than walk past Mackenzie.

Ashley-May glowered at her partner. "You shouldn't be such an ass to him; from what I heard he's the reason you were allowed to stay in the first place."

Ignoring the comments Mac went to drop down onto the couch next to will, producing her journal and flipping to the pages she'd collected or printed off in the early days of arriving at Vitae.
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

1591124635152.png
Elijah stepped into the living room, catching the end of Ashley-May's one-sided exchange with Mackenzie, but remained silent. He leaned against the wall beside Ash, glancing over the items arrayed on the table and shooting Will a questioning glance.

Will Looking.jpg
Will chuckled at Chase's remark. "You could say that," he said to the wolf. "But in a way it's like old times." He looked up to see Eli's silent query and gestured to the table in an all-encompassing motion. "Shaw dropped this off for me, apparently."

Eli's eyes widened. "As in--"

William nodded. "Yeah. That Shaw. He's alive and kicking and apparently still hunting. I can't believe it... but it looks like he's trying to get me back in the game with something that isn't related to the First Sin or Heaven and Hell." He looked over the myriad of newspaper clippings, torn sections of roadmap, police reports, crime scene photos, and other items -- along with those of Mackenzie -- before nodding to himself. "And I think I know where to start."

He reached out to one of the clippings with a relevant paragraph circled furiously in red marker. Above it was the headline: AT LARGE IN THE MIDWEST: SERIAL KILLER ORGAN THIEF? Scribbled down at in the margin was one word in a scrawl that could only belong to Shaw -- a word that confirmed his suspicions: BENTON Will picked the article up, passing it to Mackenzie. "Erie, Pennsylvania. A young man's body is found with the heart surgically removed. Over 100 miles away in Akron, Ohio, another victim -- but this one didn't die. He was dumped outside of an emergency room with both of his eyes plucked out of his skull. When he was questioned by police, he said he'd been kidnapped and drugged, but never got a good look at his attacker. Since then, there's been one more victim, also in Akron -- this one had the better part of his leg amputated, with the stump sewn up in silk and the wound itself... packed with maggots." Hendrix turned a meaningful glance on Ashley-May, knowing this was likely ringing a few bells with the medical student. "That was common surgical practice centuries ago. But infection rate was always a problem -- just like it was here. The third victim went septic and died in the ICU. And here's the kicker: every victim had fingerprints recovered at or near the 'operation site'. The prints in question belong to a guy whose body was discovered back in 1981 with both hands amputated."

Will took a deep breath. "If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of a man -- or former man -- named Daniel 'Doc' Benton. He was a physician, back in the early 19th century. Apparently a skilled surgeon: ahead of his time, if a little eccentric. Ran his own practice out of Charleston until 1816. What most of his patients didn't realize is that he was also secretly obsessed with the occult, particularly the practice of alchemy. Always trying to find the 'elixir of life' and the secret to eternal youth... or something close to it. Judging by the fact that he disappeared in 1816 and victims began popping up soon after and continued for over a century afterward, it looks like he was successful."

Elijah spoke up, frowning. "How do you know all this about him?"

Will leaned back in the couch. "Shaw mentioned something to me back when I was working with him. When he was younger -- back in the 80s, I think -- he ended up working with another hunter by the name of Winchester. One of the cases they handled came up after a series of murders and organ thefts a lot like this. Winchester found Benton and cut his heart out with a chainsaw, figured that would be the end of it. He was wrong -- Benton just went dormant. He survived and -- somewhere along the line -- found a replacement. He started killing again and about 10 years ago, Winchester's sons tracked him down a second time to try and finish the job."

Eli pursed his lips. "Let me guess. They failed?"

Hendrix scoffed and shrugged. "Looks like it. Not for lack of trying, though. If the rumors are to be believed, they ran him over with a car, put a few bullets in chest, not to mention a knife through the heart. When that didn't work they pumped him full of chloroform and buried him alive along with his 'research' out in a field in rural Pennsylvania. I guess he escaped... or someone dug him out."

There was a brief silence before Davenport spoke again. "So this Doc... he's a revenant, then?"

Will's features scrunched briefly in concentration before he shook his head. "I don't think so. Whatever fucked-up formula he uses to keep himself ticking, it's not necromancy. He's still lucid and has full control of his own mind. But when one of his body parts wears out, he has to find a replacement and... plug it in. Losing an organ doesn't seem to be a death sentence, though. Best guess is it's some kind of quality-of-life thing, or maybe a compulsion. Either way, he's strong and hard to kill... not to mention smart, sociopath or no." William looked around the room, eyeing each of the other occupants. "So what do you say we head out to Ohio, put this son of a bitch down, and make it count this time?"

Last edited:
3SijZSx.jpg
bTU0wF0.png
Ashley-May watched with slight disappointment when Elijah left to join the conversation in the living room. She wasn't really surprised by it; he was a legacy no different than Mackenzie. If there was a hunt Elijah would want to be part of it. She listened with slight confusion about the alleged doctor that managed to extend his life. An interesting concept and not really far from what surgeons did as it were - extending life, that is. She glanced briefly at Eli, or the back of his head, when the offer went out to leave on the exhibition. "How are you going to do that?" She asked the group, "How are you going to stop him if he's been alive for centuries and survived having his heart removed, shot, stabbed and buried alive?"

Mackenzie glanced to Ash, nodding at her question. "We could shred him." She knew by Ash's expression that she hadn't understood. "Literally tear him apart. Once it was called drawn and quartering. I think both sets of Winchesters had the right idea: burring him but where they failed was keeping him intact. If we take him apart, separate him and then dispose of him all over the place he shouldn't be able to sew himself back up, right?"

Ash gagged. She closed her eyes and shook her head, stepping out of the living room back into the kitchen away from the morbid discussion.

Mac shrugged, glancing back at the rest of the group. "If not that, then incinerating him. We could bring him back here and dump him into one of the forges. They get hot enough and I doubt Max will care much." She paused. "But I have one rule for this hunt: no super powers. I don't want to arrive and just watch as you two run the fuck around and do everything. I want to be part of this, need to be part of it."

LF7KxBR.png

Chase listened as Will spoke about Shaw, clearly there was a deep history there. He briefly wondered just how much the others knew about it. This thought process was quickly left behind as the councilman started reading off the clipping he was currently holding. Chase started to try and draw conclusions as to what that situation was about but kept hitting dead ends due to other details Will shared or realizing he was wrong until he gave up considering there wasn't a final definition of what this was. "So in other words a Doctor Frankenstein who just so happens to be Frankenstein's monster himself." The man shrugged, clearly intrigued and amused at the information. He nodded in agreement when Mackenzie mentioned shredding him, and once Ashley had stepped away he added onto it. "Chop him up, incinerate a few pieces, vat of acid maybe. Feed a piece to an alligator maybe, shark chum anyone?"

Chase raised his eyebrows in confusion at the comment of no superpowers. It wasn't exactly like he could just turn off the Wolf part of him with a switch. That being said he understood the sentiment of needing to do something, it was one he currently shared to some extent. And at the same time here Mackenzie was assuming the Werewolf was coming and he grinned slyly. "Oh, so I am invited then? See, I knew you liked me."

The man crossed his arms over his chest. "If I'm tagging along I can't promise to just sit on my hands, that's not who I am. But if you want to take point on this then I can be convinced to follow your lead and not get in your way." He glanced at Will to see if he shared the sentiment.

Last edited:
1592161017828.png
William opened his mouth to reply to Ashley-May's question about how they would go about killing Doc Benton once they tracked him down, but Mac and Chase beat him to the punch. He nodded in agreement before speaking in turn. "Find him, decapitate, dismember the body." He shrugged. "Whether that means a vat of acid, a woodchipper, or--" he nodded to Chase with a small smirk, "--the shark chum treatment. Whatever we do, we need to salt and burn whatever's left. This guy was willing to kidnap and murder dozens in 'life', I don't want to imagine what he would do if he came back as a vengeful spirit, or worse, a demon." The thought was nearly enough to send a shiver down his spine.

He turned toward his fiancee with a frown as the woman laid out her "conditions" for the hunt, such as they were. "I get it Mac, I do... but it's my job to keep you safe. I can do that better with my powers." However, as Mackenzie held his gaze with defiant green eyes, he could tell that his words were falling on deaf -- or at least indifferent -- ears. William sighed, running a hand down his face before speaking again in a murmur. "You're not going to let this go, are you? And if I leave on this hunt without agreeing, you'll just find your own." The woman's expression was the only answer he needed. "Fine," he said flatly. "But it's not like I can just 'switch it off'. What I did to those demons back at the warehouse... that came almost naturally. I can't explain it. This is part of who I am now," he shrugged, knowing that Chase likely felt the same way with his own "gifts".

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

Last edited:
3SijZSx.jpg
bTU0wF0.png
Ashley-May frowned at the suggestions the hunters readily came up with. She was both impressed and disgusted that they could think of such abhorrently creative ways to get rid of someone, something - she had to remind herself, that was otherwise un-killable. The buzzer for the oven went off behind her and she thankfully disappeared through the open archway into the kitchen, removing herself from the conversation. She didn't want to know what they would settle on.

Mackenzie frowned at both the wolf and Nephilim and neither of them accepted her terms but at least negotiated back something reasonable to her. "Fine." She wouldn't add a stipulation: if she didn't feel satisfied by the hunt, content to stick it out within the colony walls for another few weeks, she'd find something else she could go at alone. Her dark eye flicked to Elijah for a moment, considering the possibility of taking him on a hunt in the future. He was healed, for the most part, and it would likely satisfy Will's constant need to protect her. She pushed the thoughts away for the time being, that would be something she'd sort out later. "When are we leaving?"

LF7KxBR.png

Chase glanced in the kitchen's direction when the buzzer had gone off, just in time to see the flurry of blonde hair disappear around the corner. The smell of food had filled the house since he'd arrived with the Chinese takeout earlier. He didn't want to think about more food but when the smell is constantly and strongly entering your nostril's it can be difficult. He turned back to the conversation at hand and the clearly displeased Mackenzie with the answers she was given before she agreed. The question of when they were leaving was the current concern,"I'm ready to go whenever you guys are." His eye's shifted to Will, "You sure you can run off so soon on another hunt? No council duties that need attending?" There was also the question of whether or not he was up to it after facing off against Dragon's alongside Thor. Though it was a decently long drive to Ohio to be fair.

1593273541297.png
"As soon as possible. Benton's already struck more than once. His pace might very well escalate from here," Will said in response to Mackenzie's question, tactfully ignoring (for as long as he could) his obviously disgruntled fiancee about the nature of the answers she had been given by her supernatural partners-in-crime. He turned toward Chase as the man asked him whether it would be all right for him to leave for a long trip given his duties, such as they were, to the Colony. He opened his mouth to reply, but didn't get the chance.

Elijah 4.jpg
"I'll handle them until you're back," Elijah remarked without missing a beat from his place against the wall.

Will turned to look at him in surprise. "You're not coming with us?" Eli could tell by his expression that the man had fully expected his partner to tag along ever since he inserted himself into the briefing about Benton.

Eli simply shook his head. "No. As much as I would love to join Mac in shouting out the woes of working with superhumans, dragons and the like were enough for me for one day. Besides, someone needs to be here to look after Ash and Liam," he said, no trace of his usual wit or lightness in his voice. If anything, it had only softened as he spoke about the mother-to-be in the kitchen.

William nodded his understanding with a small smile. "All right. I'll get packed," he said to his two new hunting partners. "Whose car are we taking?"

3SijZSx.jpg
bTU0wF0.png
Mackenzie paused as Chase made a question that really she should have asked, she cursed herself inwardly for Chase being the better girlfriend at this point. She was satisfied by Will's answer - they should leave immediately, preservation of life was the most important. She stood, gathering up her own journal and newspapers she had brought from the car but paused when she heard Elijah's reply. She paused, dark eyes flitting to the man who was still by the kitchen. She didn't doubt for a second that Ashley-May had heard and was pleased by the decision.

"It's decided then," She said, glancing to the wolf and the nephilim. "Your truck: the last time a wolf was in my car they left a mess."

Last edited:
LF7KxBR.png

With Elijah opting out of the hunt and it being just the three of them he couldn't help but muse at the fact that he'd likely be outnumbered in most disagreements over all. He turned to look at the man, "Taking care of things likely involves keeping in check with the new neighbors. And potentially playing mediator since I won't be around to." It was a partial request, and a partial assumption that Will would have potentially been asked to oversee any issues involving the pack. Given that Emile liked to run everyone else off.

When the subject switched to who's car they were taking, Mackenzie's reply left him momentarily speechless as he was reminded of the smell of the car when he first stumbled across this group of hunters. "Seconded." Whether or not traces of the smell were still around in the vehicle after such a long while, he didn't care to test. Chase slowly moved towards the exit while still facing them, "I'll go grab my things, you two swing by when your ready." He paused as he opened the door, looking towards the kitchen area. "Thanks for dinner Ash!" He called out, mildly teasing since he'd been the one to supply said dinner, but she'd supplied the company. And with that he slipped out the door and started his brisk walk towards the pack's lodging.

Minutes later he'd arrive at the building, already b-lining for the room he and Emile were staying in.

William nodded in agreement with Chase's reminder about Pack relations while he would be gone. Under other circumstances he might be reluctant to leave diplomacy between the humans and wolves to the man who had been the centerpiece of Pan's Trial. He had been hunted by them and injured his pursuers in turn. But Eli had never taken it personally and to their credit, neither had the Pack from what Will had seen. "He can handle it. If he can't, Ash can bribe the Pack with food," Will remarked.

Eli arched an eyebrow. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

Will turned to see Chase departing. "See you there," he called after him before turning back toward Eli. "Hold down the fort. Call us if anything develops," he told his friend, stepping forward to exchange fist-bumps.

"Give a man angelic powers and he issues commandments like Yahweh himself," the Brit quipped before moving on to Mac, leaning in to plant a chaste kiss on her cheek. "Be careful, yeah? Don't let this one come back missing any more limbs than he already is." He quickly retreated into the kitchen in the face of Will's glare.

William sighed, turning toward Mac with a small smile. "Ready to go hunting, babe?" he grabbed his bags -- he kept some essentials already packed out of habit before loading them in the truck outside.

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

Sunlight shattered through the heavily-leaved canopies of the forest that entrenched the golden farmland beyond it. The wind whistled as it slipped through shuddering boughs only to be cut short by the loud revving of vehicles that ambled along the unpaved road leading to the dark iron walls that sat distinctly against a much softer vignette of nature. The return to human civilization was an idea that was a cause for much debate in the mind of the white wolf that sat at the edge of the viridescent trees of the forest. Amber-gold eyes swept the land before it, scouring the scene before it as it's tail thumped in reaction to it's indecision. Soft gasps erupting from where the road was caused it's eyes to lock with a few young children that stared at the animal in awe, their enraptured expressions enough for the wolf to abruptly avert it's eyes from them as emotions flooded the mundane mind within it. To think that not too long ago it would've been met with glares full of disgust or murderous intent. A low grumble left it's throat as it shook out it's fur and slipped out of the cool shade and into the light that revealed a wolf no longer but a woman clad in all black. How long had it been since she'd walked with only two legs rather than four? Silver sighed quietly, reaching instinctively for the weapon that clinked in reaction to her forward stride. How do people even get in to a place like that nowadays? Ask for asylum or feign interest in assisting the human race in becoming a Hunter? Flames brewed in her nearly black, dark brown eyes as memories flitted across her muddled thoughts, her chest tightening in reaction at the familiar roar reverberating through her head. There's no feigning that.

"Woah, there miss, what business do you have in Vitae?"
Silver hadn't realized she'd walked so quickly up to the gate and reacted to his movement before she could even answer him, her hand grabbing him by the wrist just before he grasped her shoulder in order to halt her unrealized efforts of walking right past the guards into the currently open gates. A growl ripped from her throat as she immediately fixated her dark stare on him, another guard running over at the sight of his fellow garrison being detained by some random person at their post.
"Release him now!"
The girl immediately snapped out of it and retracted her hand in a heartbeat, taking a step back as the glint of metal in her peripherals alerted her. "Sorry, sorry," she muttered brokenly, sounding as if she were going to tear up while in actuality her voice was hoarse from lack of use. "It's alright, I think I just scared her, no need to point the gun at her." The guard who's wrist she'd seized attempted to pacify the other, Silver putting her arms up slowly to show she meant no harm as she looked between the two. "I do apologize for that", she stated in a much stronger tone, her eyes catching a glimpse of purple-ish red skin that was forming on the guard's exposed wrist. "I'm here in order to become a Hunter. I mean no harm." The angered guard seemed to turn red in the face at her deadpan words but the afflicted only nodded in understanding at this, a flicker of realization in his eyes. "With a vice-grip like that I'm sure a girl like you packs an awfully mean punch," he laughed, pushing down the angered guard's weapon in order to give her an open between them, "I'm sure they'd be add a youngster like you to their forces". Silver nearly gave the man a bewildered look at how easily he was letting her off without so much as a warning or even a test of some sort. "Thanks..", bowing slightly, the werewolf gave them a final wary glance before quickly slipping away into the bustling colony.

"She would've broken my wrist if you hadn't said something; that's no ordinary human." The guard winced in pain but grinned a bit, "there's no need to ask questions to someone that strong asking to be a Hunter. They have no reason to be here otherwise."

Silver glided silently along the main road, her face now expressionless as she surveyed her new surroundings and weaved between people in order to stick closer to the walls of buildings. All this new stimuli was surprisingly jarring after having been living most of her life as a human but she supposed it was due to the fact that she'd embraced her wolf so fully even before she'd been able to shift. Shaking her head, she focused on absorbing the sights, sounds and especially the scents all around her, using her senses to pinpoint all the humans and supernaturals alike that resided here. She halted in front of what looked like an older motel from back in her home state as the scent of werewolf was strong here as if there had been a few roaming around. Her eyes narrowed at the idea of facing another werewolf so she merely settled on scouting the perimeter, taking note of the faint scent of gunpowder before a whiff of food had her straying slowly towards the mess hall.

3SijZSx.jpg
bTU0wF0.png

Ashley-May poked her head out of the kitchen long enough to wave Chase off and thank him for dinner. It was always a treat to sit and talk with him and she'd missed having friends around. Adelaide had been gone for days leaving the house quite empty now, along with Morgan whom she'd grown accustomed to being in the house with them. She looked back at the pair of hunters still seated in the living room, "I'll have you know my baked bribes are not to pull anyone else out of hot water but to bribe my way into that motel. Rules be damned, that pack leader isn't going to stop me from visiting my friends, some of which might not know we are friends yet." She stuck her tongue out at them, Elijah included, before dipping back into the kitchen to continue her pressing work: cookies.

Mackenzie simply watched Ash after her scolding, though smirked at the Brits joke, even if it were in poor taste. "I'll be sure of that." She turned to Will and nodded. "My gear is in the beast." She headed out to the driveway to collect whatever she thought she might need for this trip: a variety of tools more than distinct weapons. Their target was human, at one point, but not a supernatural creature. She dropped the stuffed duffel back into the bed of the truck before climbing into the passenger seat.

As they headed for the motel to pick up Chase she wrinkled her nose and looked at Will. "Feels weird." She shrugged. "Not hunting with Ash and not taking my car." He looked asthough he were about to offer to turn back but she shook her head. "Something new to get used to: hunting with others."

LF7KxBR.png

Once Chase made it up to the room on the second floor he slipped inside to find it empty, he walked over to the bed and lifted the duffel-bag he'd dumped on it earlier when moving in. The upside to not having the time to unpack meant it was a quick grab and go. The man slipped back out the door with the bag in tow, just as he saw his ride pulling around the corner to the parking lot. With a quick jog down the steps he approached the truck as it halted and dropped his bag in the back before opening the door and getting in. Frankly he was far too ready to get back on the saddle after the long break from hunting, even if it was supposedly following Mackenzie's lead. "We ready?" He asked, buckling his seat-belt and glancing towards the gap in the front seats.

A flock of people swept past Silver as she started towards the mess hall, their voices bubbling with excitement as they conversed about being full-fledged Hunters of the colony now that someone by the name of Councilman Jacks had offered them housing. She paused for moment to glance back at them, catching sight of their gear. Belts fashioned with holstered guns as well as packs of magazines, weathered leather jackets or coats surely containing hidden weaponry or items to aid in battles to suppress a supernatural enemy and one of them even had what seemed to be an odd tattoo on the back of their neck that looked like something for protection. Paying a visit to said councilman ought to be a good first step in joining the fight, it seemed. The wolf inside her stirred in excitement at the idea of joining a ‘pack’ of sorts but her human intuition told her she was more anxious about this than anything else. She took a deep breath in order to calm herself down as well as track where the group had just come from, tracking their increasingly fading scents to where the mess hall was. A tent sitting adjacent to the entrance where people were going in and out was where the trail lead the strongest. Another audible exhale left her lips as she parted the sturdy drapes of the establishment, steeling her emotions.

Councilman Brendan Jacks had definitely been the one to talk to in regards to her new arrival in the Vitae Colony. He welcomed her as a new recruit of sorts, easily identifying her species which astonished her but she assumed it was merely due to the fact that he was the go-to person for all newcomers or at least, new Hunters. He pointed out that there was indeed a werewolf pack here with which she could convene with its alpha if she so wished. Residences were not limited only to that of the motel she’d seen that was apparently for Hunters as well as their families but also to the many homes that staked their claim around the colony. This place had been as vast as she’d imagined it would be as well with a recreational hall to blacksmiths shoppe to even an entire row of buildings dedicated to those that kept this place in ordinance. With the knowledge that she was allowed to roam the streets as she wished in order to get acclimated with the new environment, the werewolf went ahead to locate the more secluded areas of the town. Her stomach detested this as it tumbled loudly but she knew she couldn’t let her guard down just yet. In fact, she’d declined having an apartment unit or Hunter faction to be assigned to her just yet. Jumping the gun was not the way to go no matter how ready she was to begin training again.

Her body instinctively strode towards somewhere where there were much less people and noise. The scent of fresh grass and flowers caused her shoulders to loosen up a bit as she gazed at the scene before her. “A graveyard?” She whispered under her breath, shoving her hands into the pockets of her trench coat as she paced along the edge of the hallowed area. Low humming from the many invisible caskets denoted wards on each and every one of them, she thought, especially since there were such things as malign spirits. Despite her desire to become a hunter, she was sure the majority of information she had was outdated now that things seem to have settled between supernaturals and humans—or at least here it seemed like they lived in peace together due to the Hunters being of many species or descents. Silver bowed slightly at the entrance as if to pay her respects before stepping carefully into the area so as to not disturb any of the graves. Wherever the other werewolves here were, she was sure she’d run into one sooner or later.

William Main.jpg
William could see Mackenzie from the corner of his eye as he drove them toward the motel-turned-wolf's den as she looked around the truck before finally wrinkling her nose to speak. He gave her a sideways glance at her first remark on the weirdness of the situation before she explained herself. He turned fully back toward the road before nodding. "Yeah, I get that," he agreed. "This'll be the first hunt I've been on without Eli being involved in about two years."

It struck him that this would be his and Mackenzie's first real hunt together. There had been the New York fiasco of course, but that had been more of an impromptu paramilitary raid than anything. Beyond that and briefly chasing after Vitae's witch infiltrator to no avail, he hoped this foray would be more fruitful. He still had misgivings about potentially exposing his fiancee to danger, but short of tying her up under armed guard until he got back, he saw this is as the lesser evil. If he had denied her this, Will didn't have a doubt in his mind that she would have found her own hunt -- quite possibly alone.

Pulling up outside the motel, he didn't have to wait before he saw Chase jogging out to meet them. It was the most excited he'd seen the man, even if he did well to hide the fact. Honestly, Will was glad to see it considering what he'd been through. As he waited for Chase to cross the parking lot and get in, he quickly got the GPS to work finding a route to Akron. He nodded in reply to Chase's question once the wolf was settled. "Yep. It's about 16 hours on the road to Akron from here. We can't be sure Benton's still there, but it's where the last two victims were. So until we hear different..." his voice trailed off with a shrug.

With nothing else needing to be said or done, he took a deep breath before shifting the truck back into drive and heading for the gates and the road beyond.

Crono Crono

Elijah 5.jpg

Elijah slipped into the kitchen after Mackenzie and Will departed and found Ashley-May exactly where he expected her to be: dutifully back to work on the cookies. He strode forward, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind as he leaned in to press a kiss to her neck. "Alone at last, with only fresh-baked cookies to keep us company," he said with a dramatic sigh. "Whatever did I do to deserve such a reward?"

Last edited:
bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie felt slight relief hearing that Will felt the same as she did. She's been a solo hunter for years before Ash started to stalk her then tag along. She supposed it was long overdue that the pair of them learned how to hunt together, after all they were supposed to be getting married. She watched as the wolf jogged from the motel to meet them, she couldn't decide if he was in a hurry because he was excited for a hunt or if it was a hurry to get away from the pack ... and maybe it's Alpha.

She settled in her seat as Will went on to explain the current plan and route, it was nice to be a part of a hunt but not be responsible for everything. They passed through the gates without any question, though she was quite aware that Chris was not at his post. She idly wondered if it was because of her but quickly pushed the thought from her head. "I stole something from Ash." She said, reaching into her pocket to remove the MP3 player. The blonde often stole control of the radio and she'd finally figured out how to used the damned thing. She quickly scrolled through an endless list of songs before settling on one. She hit play and turned up the radio in the truck. Crono Crono

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May knew when Will and Mac had left, something about the atmosphere in the house changed, it was like the pair of them created a static field around them. She hadn't heard anyone else comment of complain about the same feeling and she idly wondered if it had to do with Liam or ...

She jumped as she felt Elijah behind her suddenly, speaking into her ear. She smiled, despite her heart racing, she looked over her shoulder at him. "Well you did return at least mostly in one piece, but I'm still annoyed that you left at all." She wrinkled her nose at the man, turn her attention back to her baking. "These cookies, and the muffins to follow, are meant for the pack. I'm buying my way in." Safton Safton

The werewolf strode through the graveyard in silence, her eyes studying what was left of the people that were now buried beneath her feet. She wondered if people actually visited this area of the colony at all since there were barely any scents here at all. Too many deaths to grieve about, perhaps? A looming shadow against the bright sunlight took on the figure of a sort of monument carved out of a dark stone and caught her attention as she neared it, her eyes scanning over the chiseled inscriptions on them. There were.. names. Hundreds of them. A homage to fallen Hunters of the Vitae Colony. Would the Hunters even accept someone like her, she wondered. There were differences between werewolves such as bitten or pureblood; those that could control their inner beast and those that still had enough humanity in them to change only when night fell or the moon was at it's most luminous. Silver wasn't the latter. She had the ability to shift into a wolf whenever she desired or that other form that most werewolves were noted to be man-eating beasts from. With this power she had, she was sure it would've been easy to have just become someone that decided to prey after the human race rather than attempt to be one of it's protectors. She'd nearly broken that man's wrist just from not paying attention to her brute strength this morning. Being back in her human form meant she couldn't just react upon instinct or become distracted by her surroundings any longer, she had to keep herself in check. If she wanted to remain in this colony, she had to be of use, not a naive nuisance.

Silver sighed at the thought of assisting humans. From a young age, she had a love-hate relationship with them. Beautiful, yet weak creatures, reliable yet self-sabotaging whether it be a demise caused of their own volition or influenced by the will of another. That was before she'd even figured out that she wasn't one of them. She could see how the people of Vitae Colony mingled with one another when they weren't carrying the weight of the world a for a time. People chattering excitedly with one another through the busy streets, creating connections through training or meeting new faces through group assignments. A world that people tend to forget about when everything seems bleak in the midst of a supernatural apocalypse. Taking one more solemn glance at the wall of honored Hunters, Silver made her way back to the main part of town. She would've explored the Church but she would've rather not disturbed those whom she was sure were inside paying their own respects. She figured she should make herself useful in some way in order to gain more information on the colony as well as the inner workings of it. The Councilman had mentioned things such as assisting in supply runs or simply helping those in need around the colony so the mess hall may be a good place to start in case they needed assistance with distribution of food or items. Silver followed the same path back towards where she had first seen the Councilman's tent as well as that cluster of Hunter apartments in that odd motel. Something was different though, her wolf bristled up for some reason, causing her to stop across the street. There was a different car positioned out front that hadn't been there prior with a few people shuffling inside. The woman in the passenger's seat was whom caught her eye after the male driver poking at a console. She bore a fiery head of hair and the woman was practically stunning. Was she a Hunter? The vehicle bounced as another hopped in the backseat, her wolf flitting an image of jaws snapping angrily in her head. That man.. A werewolf? Her dark eyes swirled with curiosity. Was he a pureblood as well? Or one of the bitten? Or maybe her wolf was mistaken due to the mixture of scents around here. Whatever the case was, she was sure they did not have time to chat if they were about to go on a mission. Maybe she'd seek them out later. Silver turned away swiftly, heading to the mess hall once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back