• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Small Town Crime (A Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley Inspired Criminal Roleplay) CLOSED FOR NOW

Paolumu

Your Friendly Neighborhood Poof
╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
Small Town Crime
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

SMkxDVS.gif

════════════════════════

Introduction
In this roleplay, you can play as either criminal or townperson. For suckers who enjoy good redemption arcs, heavy interaction and optional romances like I do, this is the place for you. Roles are at the bottom of the page, though you are free to suggest one!

The Plot
A small, dying town influenced by the likes of Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley's teetering it's way to losing its citizens. As a last resort, the town calls upon a government-funded organization called the Criminal Rehabilitation Initiative, or C.R.I for short. C.R.I's purpose is to seek out new methods of reforming stubborn criminals into productive citizens.
"So why is this program relying on small towns?"
One of C.R.I's latest gambits includes a low cost win-win scenario: thought-to-be unchangeable criminals are sent to small, dying towns whose job it will be to redeem them. And in exchange? The town gets people who will do labor work and help it get back on it's feet(may it be involuntarily), all the while less money is spent for each party.

But of course, stakes happen to be on the line.
Patient Zero or... Otherwise known as the town of Ensaki is the first town to have even accepted this gamble of a proposal. If this method works, not only will the town get a decent fortune and a huge chance to rebuild itself by C.R.I, it will possibly lead to a groundbreaking change in today's prison systems. If this doesn't work, and the town falls apart.. Safe to say the watchful eyes of neighboring cities will catch onto the opportunity to close in on the land, stripping it of all it's nature and history. And the as for the criminals.. Back to prison you go!
We can only hope that the town and criminals alike has what it takes to build off of a rock bottom.

Setting
Dwelling between two very lanky mountains and a long sea, Ensaki cradles merely 156 citizens within its alluring valley. Although Asian heritage bleeds onto the town's architecture, the small town is multicultural due being 5 hours away from much more successful cities, of which is the reason why Ensaki's thrived as long as it has. Due to the low population, here in Ensaki there's copious amounts of woodland creatures, so much it's not unusual to spot deer traversing nearby or be greeted to a symphony of a hundred distant birds on the edge of town. Tiny rivers slither between the farmlands like cracks in pavement and dense forests illustrate the ending of the town at many corners. The quick access to normal civilization and the nature of mountains, seas, and forests engulfing the edges of Ensaki makes it the perfect place to host such an experiment, as noted it's incredibly easy for someone to feel trapped here.
Which happens to be one of the reasons why the town is losing so much citizens.

Ensaki's winters happen to be unfortunately long and cold, however in return spring rewards patient locals with stunningly beautiful flower beds and weather, and to the town's relief, it seems like the last of snow has finally melted as of last week.

dcbyy9r-dee8a664-de75-42a3-b412-a74273a529d7.png

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
The Rulebook

-LGBTQ+ friendly
-Characters of all ages are allowed--it's a town, after all!
-No harassing other people. Please keep the drama inside the roleplay
-Keep in mind we're going for a realistic theme--so please avoid fantasy elements. Don't worry about having 100% about realism though!
-No metagaming or marysues.
-Romance is allowed and endorsed.
-Swearing is allowed.
-At least a paragraph per character within a post.
-You may have up to 4 characters.
-Much like your child, don't leave your character alone for too long! If another character is locked in due to your lack of response without any presented reason, the person playing may just act of their own interest and craft an alibi as to why the interaction ended short. We have decided the limit to be 3 days, so stay sharp!
-Keep your messages mobile-friendly!
<3

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

ROLES
We don't expect all of these roles to be filled, so don't stress! If your job has a supporting role that isn't filled by a townsperson(ex: a clerk for a carpenter), it will most likely be filled by a criminal.

-Town Office-
Mayor: Taken by Paolumu Paolumu
Mayor’s assistant: Taken by D U H D U H
Courier: Taken by Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

-Town’s Motel-
Motel Owner
Motel’s Maid

-Restaurant-
Chef: Taken by Crimson Rose Crimson Rose
Waiter/Bartender: Taken by @Greed Mcknob

-Black Smith Shop-
Blacksmith 1: Taken by Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28
Blacksmith 2: Taken by Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28
Miner: Taken by @Servant

-Tailor Shop-
Tailor: Taken by PinkChiffon PinkChiffon
Tailor’s Apprentice

-Doctor’s Office-
Doctor: Taken by Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28
Nurse: Taken by @linnie.bear

-Library-
Librarian: Taken by xngls xngls

-Farmer’s Market-
Flower Stand Worker: Taken by D U H D U H
Produce Salesperson/Gardener: Taken by spicey spicey
Antiquarian
Butcher
Jeweler
Fisherman

-Cafe-
Barista: Taken by frito frito
Baker/Cook

-Theater-
Actor 1: Taken by spooked.duke spooked.duke
Playwright/Musician: Taken by Crimson Rose Crimson Rose

-Feed Store/Hardware store-
Clerk: Taken by Crimson Rose Crimson Rose
Carpenter
Vet: Taken by @linnie.bear

-School-
School Teacher: Taken by @linnie.bear
Schoolkid 1
Schoolkid 2

-Farms-
Live Stock Rancher: Taken by L Larstral
Produce Farmer: Taken by plague rats plague rats

-Botanical Garden-
Florist/Horse Rancher: Taken by Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28

-Police Force-
C.R.I Captain: Taken by Paolumu Paolumu
Enforcer: Taken by @Greed Mcknob
Police Officer 1: Taken by @linnie.bear
Police Officer 2
Town Sheriff

-Criminals-
1. Taken by @Greed Mcknob
2. Taken by @Greed Mcknob
3. Taken by Paolumu Paolumu
4. Taken by L Larstral
5. Taken by plague rats plague rats
7. Open
Juvenile: Crimson Rose Crimson Rose

Last edited:
Great! If anyone wants any roles, be free to claim them ahead of time and I'll put them up there! 😊

I'd love to join as a criminal and also a librarian character if they're both still open!

I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley recently, so this hits just the right spot! If you're all still looking, I'd love to play a produce salesperson/gardener type of character!

The CS and the in character are out! 😊
Realistic or Modern - Small Town Crime (In character) Accepting one more person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back