• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey all! So since activity has been going a little nuts, I've made a sub thread for all non-story-related interactions, that means if two people are online and want to just write for lulz or to develop their character's bonds, they can do as much of that as they like and it will be non-essential for the others to read.

The link is here, it's also been connected to all othe rpages.

Okay Everyone! It's time for our first character challenge!
Every once in a while I'll invent a short game you guys can play to help get to know your characters, and the first one is...the music challenge!

Part 1. Pick and present 3 songs that describe your character, you associate with your character, that could describe a specific event in their life, a strong emotion they feel or anything else really. I would really like you to write a short little thing about how/why that song is important to your character.

Part 2. In the list below I have given you each a "secret character". When you present your 3 songs you will also present one sone you associate with the character I have assigned you, and reveal who you got. A little blurb about why you chose that song would be great too.

Of course this challenge is completely optional and if you don't want to play, simply tell me and I will give your assigned secret character to someone else.

BONUS CHALLENGE:

Anyone can do this. Pick a song for your current fav OTP in the thread.

okay...GO!

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy

Aldaf:
Voice of Wind, Song of Time. I chose this because of a two-fold reason. One is due to the backstory behind the music, being a cavern where the winds are born in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The second is the serene calm from the song that reflects the moments in which Aldaf decides to go and be alone with his thoughts.
The Sexy Brutale's main theme is great again for the two halves of the song; one half is his more open, happy side reflected with the upbeat jazzy sounds and saxophone. The other is when he has to be more serious at times, reflected by the string orchestra drowning out the upbeat jazzy sounds, as if the gravity of the situation is swallowing the joy.
Roundtable Rival, by Lindsay Sterling. This song is just a good representation of how I picture Aldaf when he has to fight; constantly moving, high energy. He uses his agility and flexibility to get the upper hand most often, and might get beaten down. But he's going to keep going, even when his back's against the wall. And that's why this song fits; a song to match his in-combat attitude.

Secret Character: Serik
Milky Ways by Bossfight. The song's upbeat nature fits well with Serik's good-hearted attitude, and also the song sounds like someone just having a wonderful time, which also fits Serik.

OTP: Zaldaf, Zeke and Aldaf
Close to Me by Sabrepulse. The song repeats an idea of staying close to someone, in a sort of protective or romantic sense. This sort of reflects the way both Zeke and Aldaf feel inwardly, with both wanting to be a bit closer to the other than they are. They both want to be that level of close, but their issues and past prevent them from getting too close to each other.

Leandra LaFrae Songs

Song 1
: Waka Waka by Shakira

This first song is because I love to visualize Leandra as a very happy and free-going type for the most part. She is definitely a dancer for any kind of life celebrations to be had and is not afraid to bust some moves on the dance floor. She does her best to see only the good and beauty in the world around her and if she sees someone becoming down on themselves, she'll be one of the first to check in on them unless someone beats her to it.

Song 2: This is Me by Keala Settle

This second song is because I feel like while Leandra may not remember all of her struggles in life, she's still standing tall and proud. No matter what she goes through, she still moves forward in life.

Song 3: Hold On by Chord Overstreet

While not perfectly accurate for the world our characters live in, this is dedicated to Leandra's brother.

BONUS
Katja's Song
: Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

While I'm still getting to know everyone's characters right now, I feel like this is practically Katja's theme song based on what little I do know of her thus far. This song applies to anyone worrying about some aspect of their appearance and so I felt like it applies to Katja's mask concealing her face.

c21f6ee7d796b42f27629ee9e9655249.png

HUSHABYE MOUNTAIN - from the Film adaptation of the Ian Flemming book, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Sung by the one, the only, the FABULOUS, Dick van Dyke.

Why it popped into my head is probably because I rewatched this recently, but also because I firmly believe that Katja’s dad, Tseison used it as a lullaby for her when she was young. And as group mom, I believe it’s only fair that Katja have a lullaby right on hand for when her fidgety “children” can’t sleep. I imagine her singing voice is a soft, fluttery tone that can barely be heard unless everyone is quiet.

TO THE SKY - From the film adaptation of the glorious book series Guardians of Ga’Hoole by Kathryn Lasky. Written and sung by Owl City.

tenor.gif

Do I need to explain? Katja flies around on the back of a Snowy Owl, whom happened to get her name (Barran) from this exact book series. Barran, a snowy owl, is the Queen of the Great Tree, along with her mate King Boron. So honestly this all just meshes so good. I also may just want to plug one of my beloved childhood book series.
The song is also about flying around above the clouds, so...

SILHOUETTE - Another piece by Owl City. I wasn’t kidding when I said Katja listens to exclusively Owl City.

Now this one is a little more deep. Without going into details, for the sake of SPOILERS, Katja was... in an accident that caused her change her view of herself. And not just on a physical level either. She thoroughly believed at this point that she is a shell of what she used to be before the accident. Now she walks around with a mask and has very few friends, if at all.

BONUS?? ALDAF has joined the FRAY!

Icarus - By Bastille.

I feel like this needs a little explanation. Maybe this could represent himself, (or his relationship with a certain somebody) but I think Aldaf, and I could be wrong, is trying to do too many things at once.
This song could be him talking to Zeke, telling him that Zeke is Icarus and he’s going to get himself killed if he doesn’t change his ways. Or it could be referencing Aldaf himself as Icarus. Trying too hard to help Zeke and forgetting about himself. The line, “Your hands protect the flames from the wild winds around you” specifically struck me as ,”Oh yeah. There’s Aldaf.”

I mean, I could also have just thrown in Weird Al’s “Tacky” because that was legitimately the first thing that came to my mind, buuuut

Kari songs

Born to Fly – Nerdout (Dan Bull)
The song Born to fly, written specifically for the captain marvel movie just captures Kari’s attitude in a nutshell. She’s got an indomitable spirit and doesn’t let anyone bring her down. When she decides to do something, she does it. She's headstrong and very capable, and she'll push through no matter the challenge.

Bottom is a rock – Mother Mother
This song I chose because it really nicely highlights Kari’s attitude to the world after her brother died. Her behavior became self-destructive in order to cope with the pain of loss and she puts herself in unnecessary danger because deep down she blames herself for what happened. She has a massive amount of survivor guilt and no delusions about how life is hard, and full of hurt.

Find you – Ruelle
I chose this song because it feels like she’d be speaking to that part of herself that she lost when her brother died. The part that knew how not to be sad. Kari smiles but the loss is always there, just below the surface, she longs to go back to that version of herself that didn’t know the pain. It feels like she’s constantly searching for it, she’s trying to be truly happy but she just doesn’t know how. I feel she could also be singing this to someone she cares about, when they’re in a really dark place. Kari, because she knows what pain feels like, she had a huge amount of compassion for those who are suffering.

Secret Song - Leandra

Touch the Sky – Julie Fowlis – Brave ost Lioness075 Lioness075
I chose this for Leandra because I think it speaks of the wonder and curiosity and energy she has. I can totally hear this playing when I imagine her flying on her skybeast.

Ezekiel 'Zeke' Marcellius

PART 1:
Romance Theme: Love Like You by Steven Universe

Ezekiel has never experienced real romantic love. About every girl in To'bai fancies him only for his looks. Therefore, Zeke would be known to engage in loveless relationships to just experience anything close to 'true love'. If you'd ask Zeke who his first love was, he'd only answer you with a silent glare and he would just go on about his day. After his last relationship ultimately flunked due to the girl's possessiveness, he refused to engage in anymore romantic-like relationship. He simply saw the destructive side of loving someone. Whenever Zeke would tell his mother about his relationships, he would always embrace her motherly love towards him. He thinks that the 'love' he receives from his mother, the 'motherly love' she gives to him, was all he needs. That's why Ezekiel loves his mother greatly, she was the only person in his world that could give him that type of serenity. This song is simply Zeke singing about how much he wishes to love like his mother or Aldaf. He wishes to have that same effect on the future special someone he meets. Oh, and this how I would imagine Zeke's voice would sound like to! Kinda like smooth and velvety.

"I would even learn how to love... like you."

Waste by Oh Wonder (Cover by Nick Wilson)

This song has a melancholy tune in it that I absolutely love and the lyrics simply reflect Zeke's inner thoughts about his time being alone, to be more specific, during his time in exile. During that time, he experienced extreme loneliness and caused him to feel a bit depressed down. He spent that time wallowing in his own faults and flaws, and this song just represents all his feelings and thoughts during that time.

"What a waste to be so alone."

Hysteria by Nano

Every. Single. Lyric. HITS!
If I could compose a song solely for Zeke and Zeke alone, this whole song is how I would imagine it. Near the end of the song, the singer was intentionally screaming the lyrics to emphasize the overwhelming emotion that they feel. The guilt and other melancholy emotions that this song contains would perfectly reflect Zeke's own emotions and way of thinking. Zeke is secretly a dreamer and would spend most of his time just thinking, he favors his mind over his heart, and he has to learn how to use both in order to build and re-build his other relationships.

"It's every shameful fall, every mistake that I've made. These are the scars that have brought me where I am today. Another false conception that I fed myself to escape reality. The only lie I see is now inside of my head. The only truth slips through my fingertips in the end. Let me keep on dreaming as I watch the days just pass me on by."

PART 2: Secret Song
Marylka Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
Just Around the Riverbend by Pocahontas (Cover by Arielle Jacobs)

So... Is anyone surprised Marylka got a Disney Princess Theme Song? XD
I figured this song would suit Marylka's 'dreamer' attitude and her curious nature. I also picked this for Marylka because of her use of Water Magic as a Water Mage. And I also chose this specific vocalist because this is how I'd imagine Marylka's voice would sound like. Like I'd imagine her to have a timidly squeaky voice at first, but once you get her talking about what she'd be passionate about, I'd imagine her to have the same strong voice as this vocalist has.

"What I love about most rivers is, you can't step into the same river twice. The water's always changing, always flowing."

Gerel Sarnai

His Songs:

SENBONZAKURA by WagakkiBand

Much like how this song is a blend of two genres of music (traditional Japanese, Western rock), Gerel is a son of two lineages. At first, the song might sound chaotic, with all instruments vying for prominence, similar to how Gerel feels when his heritage is questioned. Is he Sudentan? Is he Estendorian? But as the song goes on, and the more you listen to it, you begin to hear the harmony between the two genres. Each instrument is given their spotlight, and all of them come together for one amazing performance. Gerel is not just Sudentan or Estendorian. He is greater than the sum of his parts.

Ezio's Family by Jesper Kyd

This mostly plays into how Gerel values his family highly. As the eponymous theme of the Assassin's Creed franchise, this also highlights Gerel's feelings of solitude, especially during times when he's on the hunt, or herding sheep by himself. Lastly, this plays homage to Talon, his faithful eagle partner, like how Bayek was with Senu.

Romance Theme: Marry Your Daughter by BRKN RBTZ

As somewhat old school and traditional, Gerel wants to go through the motions of formalities for a woman he will come to love. He heard about the same things when his mother told stories of how his father courted her. Seeing how his mother was happy about it, he wants the future woman to feel the same way. Even if it means facing the daunting prospect of talking to her father (or getting into a fistfight with him).

Secret Songs:
Ezekiel SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy

It's Not Like I Like You!! by Static-P

Sorry not sorry. XD

Serylka AncientBird AncientBird Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Patawad, Paalam by Moira dela Torre x I Belong to the Zoo

Original Pinoy Music (OPM) is ripe with melancholic songs about love (what we call hugot). This song basically tells the story of a couple who had to leave each other because circumstances and personal emotions drove them apart. And yet even while apart, everywhere they go, they still see the face of their partner in the mirror, still feel the touch of their hand in the dead of winter, still hear their voice in the whispering winds. For more hurt, go Google Translate. XD

Matthias.
Beginning

1. Hey I Don’t Know - Acoustic Version, by KONGOS

Basically this song represents Matthias

This version of Matthias is the one currently in the RP. He has a very
Middle

2. The Humbling River, by Puscifer

End

3. Heirloom, by Sleeping At Last

Cast.
Secret
Naberius Naberius

1. Rather Die, by Barns Courtney

BROTP

Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 BROTP
1. Brother, by Kodaline

OTP
SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
1. Into My Arms, by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy kase9187 kase9187
1. Achilles Come Down, by Gang of Youths

Will add Song meta/reasoning soon for now I am running late

Last edited:
~Serik Tagaev~

Welcome to this day - Melissa Etheridge

Serik is a cheerful and friendly person, always looking out for his friends. He is full with optimism and likes to please people all around him, just as the tone of the song suggests.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castle on the hill - Ed Sheeran

The song described the life goal and dream of Serik to be home and lives the life he had... To relieve the memory of the past he has and to be with the people he love. However it will be a long journey for him to reach that goal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every moment of you (너의 모든 순간) - Sung Shi Kyung

Represents Serik's feeling to a woman he fell for, for the first time in his life. How he is happy and hopeful to be around her, to talk with her and to see her face in life and dream. How he wants to know her more and hopes that someday he could be there right next to her...

~Secret Character: Gerel Sarnai~

Steady as the beating drum - Chorus Pocahontas

A song that represents Gerel's personality. A strong and stoic man with lots of lots of capabilities. Honorable and silent, yet being gentle and friendly on the inside.

~OTP: Zaldaf~

Bad romance - Lady Gaga

..I don't know... I just feel like it xD

Last edited:
Pump The Jams

Honestly, this song reflects the way Cal used to be right after his mother died, before he met Lea, and the transition between the two different versions of himself. He was on his own, lost and afraid and then he met someone he could trust.

This particular song represents Caliban's hope for the future, one where all of his friends are able to stand at each others side as equals and face whatever may come their way.

This one shows just how much of a sunshine goofball he is, with a love for adventure and an endless drive to follow his dreams no matter what. Also it was basically mandatory for me to include at least one anime related song on this list.

Part 2:
Secret Character: Matthias

While I've never had too much interaction with Matthias myself, looking back at his sheet and the way his mind seems to work, I decided to focus on one aspect: How strange everything seems to him now, craving the way things used to be before he was swept up in the Lost Year and dealing with the fallout of everything that's going on. It feels to me like it would drive a person just a little insane to have their entire world view knocked sideways , so many odd circumstances happening all at once. Even from the beginning it was easy to see that something was happening and the group was at the center of it, be it by divine hands or fate itself. It's a lot to take in and can leave someone feeling like they're sinking.

Marylka Altahan

"Up, up and away" by Chance Pena

Don't think there's a song that could better explain Marylka's current feelings and thoughts towards her life. She wants to see what else exists outside of her little bubble in Estendor despite discouragements from her parents and everyone telling her that it will be difficult. She's still willing to take the risk and has been counting down the days till she can escape

"Times they are A-changin" by Simon and Garfunkle

Marylka's grandfather is the most important person in her life and she sees him as a confidant and role model. The song talks about embracing change, stepping out of your comfort zone and learning how to roll with the punches. This is probably a song that describes her grandfather more than Marylka but I would imagine that this is the kind of advice her grandfather would have given her that pushed her to take part in the proving. I also chose the Simon and Garfunkle cover instead of Bob Dylan's (which is also great) because S&G's cover has a more melancholic feel which lends itself to the fact that her grandfather may not be alive to see her succeed.

"Summer" by Joe Hisaishi

There's just something about this song which brings to my mind the plains of Estendor and Marylka's nomadic life. Green fields, bubbling creeks and endless blue skies. It was idyllic and joyful. While she does dream of leaving, Estendor is still home and carries a ton of happy memories for her... making her decision to leave so much harder.

Secret Character: Kari SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Golden" by Ruth B

I thought this song really summed up Kari's spunky, confident, I-couldn't-care-less about what you think of me attitude. At the same time, it mentions that this outlook is partially due to all the hardship she's been through in her life but she came out stronger after that.

OTP: KAREL 😍 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Flaws" by Bastille

They both have flaws and hurtful events from their past which they recognise but when they're with each other they are constantly helping each other work through their problems and looking out for one another in difficult situations.

I SHIP.

Last edited:
Okay guys! It's time for another character building exercise! You can answer one or both of these questions, or none if you choose, it's all optional.

1. Its time to go to the movies! If your character had a favourite film, what would it be? What genre would they like best and why, favourite director? Actor?

2. Your character gets asked out on a date!!! Describe what they would see as the perfect night out/ what would be most important to them in this setting.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Caliban Lupei

1. Maybe not so surprising, Caliban enjoys a nice action flick. He's a sucker for the choreography of well done action scenes and it's like watching a kid in a candy store when sees a good one. He also has a weakness for a good horror movie, though it takes quite a lot to actually scare him considering what kind of things he's had to deal with in the past. When relaxing or spending time with friends, he prefers a comedy like a stand up special or animated movie just. Nothing is better than watching a hilarious movie with friends. While he doesn't particularly have a favorite actor or director, his favorite movie of all time is something of a debate he has with himself often. He's stuck between The Black Cauldron, The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Endgame, and Harry Potter.

2. Caliban has never actually been on a date before or had a boyfriend/girlfriend. He never considered it, but if he really gave it some thought, he'd say he would enjoy something quiet. A walk through a forest, a trip to a remote beach with no one else around, or maybe boating. Something outdoors, but relaxing. But the 'where' isn't really important. What matters most is the person that goes with you. No matter what you're doing or where you go, as long as you're with someone you care about you'll enjoy yourself.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro SilverFlight SilverFlight Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Last edited:
Aldaf Joshen

1) Aldaf is very much a stupid daredevil and action junkie, so high-action movies are his favorite. He also has a soft spot for comedies, especially those that don't hold back any punches. His favorite director would probably be Steven Spielberg, his favorite actor probably one of the three Chrises in the MCU, and his favorite movie would be torn between Endgame, Jurrasic Park (any) and Terminator 2.

2) Aldaf has never been romantically involved with anyone really; they all tend to turn on him sooner or later. He has a good idea of a perfect date, though; An afternoon of exploring more crowded and energetic places, such as a market, eating dinner that Aldaf cooked at his home, and finally at night Aldaf leads his date mate over to a rather large tree. He shows them how to climb up if they're having trouble, insisting the trial will be worth it. When they finally reach the top, they're above Aldaf's home and the whole town. The sky is lit up with thousands of stars and the moon shines bright in the air. Aldaf would sit with his date, watching the stars as they talked. After a while, Aldaf would take them back down and take them home, happy for such an eventful date.

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy explosiveKitten explosiveKitten AncientBird AncientBird YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Lioness075 Lioness075 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Kari Sonta

1. Kari would be a total sucker for a good Western. She'd love any story with a stoic, lone hero against a raw, rough world, defending the weak and upholding justice. I can totally see Kari playing the western-type hero in her games as a kid.
Kari would also adore any film that had to do with racing, and following the stories of the racers and their journey to victory. She'd like action-packed films with a relatable hero character, and maybe also something of a gentle love story thrown in too. With those two things in mind, her favourite film would have to be Hidalgo, starring Viggo Mortensen.

2. Kari's dating experience is very limited, because she has a personal rule. She won't even consider anyone who can't at least tie her in a competition, and in the past, her challenge has always been a horse race.
That being said, Kari's idea of a perfect date is riding out onto the plains at sunset, enjoying the views and watching the earth turn. When the stars come out Kari would love to just watch them, pointing out the constellations and telling the stories that are tied to them. After that, Kari would probably be content just listening to the other person talk, about anything really, relishing the company and the memories made.

Marylka Altahan

1. Marylka appreciates any feel good movie that can easily be enjoyed by any age group so that she can watch it with her family. She is also abit of a stickler for details and would be the kind that takes into consideration the finer points of a film such as art style, aesthetics and background music. If it manages to bring a tear to her eye that's another plus in her book. Her favourite director would likely have to be Hayao Miyazaki with Howl's Moving Castle being her favourite movie of his. (Young girl gets pulled away from her mundane life to go on a fantastical adventure with a warlock? No surprise why it's her favourite.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back