• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter

Skyheart - Characters

Lore Characters OOC Main Art

871b0ec45989f42ed8414d172ca0f65e.jpg
Rules

- All of rpn’s rules apply

- You will be fair and respectful of all the players. I have a zero-tolerance policy for bullying and harassment. I reserve the right to ask people to leave if I think they are not following this rule. If you are being made uncomfortable by another player please come talk to me.

- I must approve your character sheets before you can post, if I do not think your character would fit with the group, you have made an OP character or I think you have not read the lore well-enough I will ask you to edit. I also reserve the right to refuse your character outright.

- You may have one character to start. I may approve secondary characters later if I think we need more and if I think you are being consistent enough to be able to play two.

- I want to keep the minimum post rate to once a week, the max to once a day, though depending on the interaction type, I may allow more than one a day.

- This is a detailed thread, so posts should be about 1 paragraph, unless it's a combat scene or a conversation scene.

- If you code your CS and posts I need to be able to read it. For the posts, I need to be able to read them on a phone.

- I will be taking the first 10 ACCEPTED character sheets, so read the lore carefully, because if I ask you to edit you may lose your place to someone else.

- Please only make a character if you’re serious about staying. My threads can keep going for a very long time if I get a core of consistent players, I do not ditch my threads. I know life will have you step out for periods of time and that is fine, just don’t drop off without a word.

- Write in 3rd person please.

- The clans survive on cooperation, so antisocial or lone-wolf characters will not do well here. I want characters that are willing to interact with and work with the group and involve themselves.

- Your character does not have to belong to one of the four clans. You can actually make up your own, smaller clan with its own customs and culture. I’ll add it to the lore if your character is accepted and you can add to and develop it throughout the story.

• Name:
    Gender identity:
    Appearance: picture or description or both
    Skills and abilities: These can be martial skills or hobbies and talents, anything your character learned how to do prior to that one missing year.
    Weapons & armour: I advise at least one long-range weapon as your character will have to fight from the back of their skybeast
    Important or sentimental items:
    Personality: 2 paragraphs (of 4 full lines or more)
    Goals:
    Bio: 2 paragraphs

Character Sheet Coding
This is not obligatory, but if you want some nice coding and you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, you can copy this.

Code:
[bg=#aaf0ff]

[center][size=26][font=Amatic SC][b]Character Name[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[centerblock=60][bg=#c5faff]
[imagefloat=left][heightrestrict=400]YOUR IMAGE HERE[/heightrestrict][imagefloat][font=Neucha]

[b]Name:[/b] Name here

[b]Age:[/b] Age here

[b]Clan:[/b] Do you belong to a clan? Are you clanless

[b]Gender identity:[/b] There are many

[b]Appearance:[/b] picture or description or both[/font]

[tabs][tab=Skills and abilities][font=Neucha] These can be martial skills or hobbies and talents, anything your character learned how to do prior to that one missing year.[/font][/tab][tab=Weapons & armour][font=Neucha] I advise at least one long-range weapon as your character will have to fight from the back of their skybeast.

[b]Important or sentimental items:[/b]

[/font][/tab]

[tab=Personality][font=Neucha] 2 paragraphs (of 4 full lines or more)

[b]Goals:[/b]

[/font][/tab]

[tab=Bio][font=Neucha] 2 paragraphs [/font][/tab]
[tab=Skybeast][font=Neucha]When you acquire your skybeast you can put one paragraph and a picture in this tab[/font][/tab][/tabs]

[/bg][/centerblock][/bg]

Last edited:

Kari Sonta

ea396fdfafce2773b7b04da89c4fcb95.jpg

Name: Kari

Clan: Estendor

Gender identity: Female

Appearance: Kari stands 5'4" and is of a lean, muscular build. She works on her family's ranch and is fit and strong. Her skin is a deep, rich brown and her hair is thick and wiry, falling to her lower back when not tied up. Her eyes are dark brown and carry the spark of an inquisitive mind. Her smile is easy, like she is used to smiling, and she gives off a warm and friendly feeling. Her face is rounded and her cheek bones prominent, some would call the look of her face strong. A gold tattoo line rests across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. She has no memory of getting it but the mark is common in Westeros.
She wears a shirt made of linen, which is always rolled to the elbows. Her pants are finely-spun cashmere wool, to keep her warm and over top she wears brushed leather overalls, reinforced for work in the saddle. She usually has a square of white cotton cloth tied around her neck, to protect her lungs against dust on the trail. Kari has a pair of beautifully-made Westeros flying goggles. Crafted in wood, metal and the lenses are made of Estendor glass. They are a cherished item and Kari will never be seen without them worn or nestled in her thick hair.

• Kari is now a fire mage, and is slowly recovering her memory about the skill.

Kari can read animals and monsters very well. She learned to pay attention to subtle signs when working her family's herds. A break at the wrong time could mean injury, or some of her animals getting killed. It's hard keeping them safe in the wilds of Estendor.

Kari is an excellent rider. She likes to keep it exciting by trying to ride all sorts of beasts she really shouldn't be trying to ride, but she has an incredible seat and has even learned a few tricks in the saddle.

The Bolo is one of her best weapons, Kari doesn't like to use anything sharp. She's also mastered the lasso and she can use a whip to decent effect.

Kari is very good with rope and can weave anything from stronger cable to net baskets, bridles, toys and a good number of other things.

Last edited:
LaFrae, L.

Leandra LaFrae.jpg
  • Full Name
    Leandra LaFrae

Nicknames
    Lea (pronounced like Leah), Firefly

Clan
    Sudenta

Clan Job
    Huntress

Last edited:
BasicCharmingGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gif

Name:
Katja Snowstalker
Clan:
Northaria - Though she is half Westeros.
Gender identity:
Cisgender Female
36578d9c735b802641462aed34121cc8.jpg

Appearances are so hard to find. Especially when they are so specific.
Katja is a young woman, standing at 5”6, weighing at 109 pounds, with reddish-brown hair and sharp hazel eyes. She keeps her hair at a blunt cut, with two thin braids hanging on either side of her face. She keeps the back half up and half down. A large amount of freckles dot the upper half of her face, but that is mostly concealed by the mask she wears. Oh yes, the mask.
2e7130384d2c3ad605fec69f406fa94f.jpg

This mask is hand crafted from leather and painted to resemble one of the flying birds native to the North. This covers a grand portion of her face, and she wears it everywhere as well. Many people haven’t seen that part of her face in years.
The others (for future reference)
Bobcat - Jackal - Doe - Wolf - Rabbit
Oh, and that outfit? Nora Silent Hunter armor.
Skills and abilities:
  • Healing and Potion Making - Katja, when she was seventeen, spent a year in Sudenta with the healers, learning the trade of healing and how to identify medicinal plants in all sorts of different regions. She is capable of making healing salves for just about anything. Diseases, rashes, infections, anything.
  • Stealth - She spends a lot of time avoiding conflict in the very warrior-based society she was born in. She is built for sneaking in the shadows, from her lithe frame to her light feet.
Weapons & armour:
  • Northarian Saber - A thin sword, loosely modeled on a Western design at the request of her father, with a curved end.
  • Blow Dart Gun - She learned how to use this while in Sudenta, even learned how to make more darts by herself, along with the poisons to fill them.
  • Whip
  • Leather armor
  • Owl Mask
  • Dart gun
Personality:
Softspoken and kind, Katja definitely has never been one to fit in among the warrior people of the North, and she was often bullied for it. As a child she spent a lot of time avoiding people to avoid conflict and bullying.
She is not a doormat, though. Not anymore at least. If you bite, she will bite back. Come after her or her father and she will throw out every ancient cuss she can think of. Although, she doesn’t possess the skills to back up her threats, and often times ends up leaving more scorned than before. Though, someone can only take so much. She has been known to snap on occasions, but only after a lot of stressing.
She’s also a spiritual type. Won’t scold you for taking a god’s name in vain or something, but she does pray and burn incense. She seems to favor Celesta.

NOTE: In Ancient Viking culture, someone was allowed to publicly insult someone else three times (using extra special insults, such as dunga, nidingr, fifl, etc) and after that the two were legally allowed to fight to the death to settle the score. Ahahah!
Goals:
Literally just prove that she can do this. From everyone in the village looking down on her because of her heritage to the other kids bullying her for her softer nature, she wants to make sure everyone knows she is capable of finishing this rite of passage. After that? Uhhh... Well, she wants to travel to Westeros and meet her forsaken family... she’ll figure that out whenever she gets there.

Biography:

Her parents met in the Proving.

Her mother, Sigrid Snowstalker, a proud Northern woman from a reputable family. She was a tough, perhaps even bitchy young woman whom fully intended to be the first of their group to tame a beast. To “win”, so to speak.
Her father, Tseison Ahkamet was a handsome young man from Westeros, whom was infatuated with the strong young lady immediately.

All during the proving, while the two were neck-and-neck, the young man was flirting. And the woman was irritated at first, rebuffing his advances, but soon it turned to playful banter, followed by returned affections. By the end, the two were practically courting. It was pretty clear where this was going.

So the young man chose to leave behind his family and became part of the Northaria clan with his love. It was hard, yes, especially the change of scenery, but it didn’t matter to him. As long as he had Sigrid, he didn’t care.

The Northern people didn’t like him, being from the west, but because of Sigrid’s endorsements and their marriage, the people tolerated him, and soon their loving union brought a child to the world- one whom looked almost exactly like her mother. Unfortunately, tragedy struck, as it so often does. Three years later, Sigrid fell dreadfully ill and after a three month fight for her life, passed in her sleep.

Tseison was devastated- He mourned for months, even neglecting his only child for a period before he had a sudden wake up call. His wife wouldn’t want him to be sad, or turn away from their daughter. He poured himself into loving and taking care of her, ignoring the stares he received, and supporting her every endeavor, even agreeing when she asked to go to Sudenta to learn the healing trade.

Of course, being a more gentle sort doesn’t earn any respect in the North. War is in the northern people’s blood, not playing with plants and talking about feelings. They already had healers, they didn’t need more. So Katja was often bullied by the other children, nevermind her heritage from her father’s side. So she quickly became a favorite target of the locals as a dartboard for insults. Didn’t matter that she looked nothing like her father. She even scorned him for a period when she was fifteen- it was HIS fault that she was enduring all this!

But she couldn’t stay mad at him. She loved her father dearly. He could have left her here and returned to Westeros. He could have dropped her into the snow and left her there. He could have wallowed in despair for the rest of his life and ignored her, but no. He looked passed the loss of his wife, his soulmate, and took care of and supported the last thing he had left of her.

And Katja will always be grateful for that.

SKYBEAST: BARRAN, THE SNOWY OWL.
source.gif

Snowy owls, already being one of the larger species of owl, are excellent hunters due to their specially evolved feathers at the forefront of their wings. These feathers are fanned out to cup the air instead of beating it into submission, allowing the owl to fly almost silently. They also come with long black talons and a sharp beak capable of slicing through flesh with no problem.
Barran, a giant standing at seven feet tall, is just an abnormally large member of the owl family. Nothing too particularly special or different about her.
She is fiercely protective of her bond, Katja, and also very motherly. Perhaps she thinks Katja is her chick, and it’s Barran’s job as her mother to raise her right.

Last edited:
Marylka Altahan

• Marylka.PNG
    Name: Marylka Altahan
    Clan: Westeros (Ex-Estendor)

Height & Weight: 158cm (5’2”), 45kg (100 lbs)
    Hair: Black, thick, and wavy typically worn in a single or double braid tied off with leather string.
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Skin: Fair
    Build: Despite being petite, she is quite strong having developed muscle from day-to-day field work.

Last edited:

Gerel Sarnai

1579520156627.png

Name: Gerel Sarnai (GE, not JE)

Gender identity: Male

Appearance: Gerel stands proud at 5'6", with a face like smooth stone; stoic, yet somehow gentle. His keen eyes glimmer green in the sunlight, a gift of his Sudentan heritage, and their sharp gaze unnerves some who chance upon it. His hair is done in the traditional way of Estendor, braided into small locks and tied into a tail at the back. When he moves, muscles flow with lean grace, hardened by work from the fields and training with the bow. Furs adorn him, taken from the spoils of his hunts, though sometimes he's content with wearing a simple tunic and breeches. And a gold hoop hangs on his left ear, something he has no memory of at all.

• Horse Riding -- As soon as he was able to, Gerel was up on a horse and running off into the open fields, much to his mother’s constant worry. While the other kids were playing Net Ball, Gerel was busy tending to his family’s herds, riding up and down the prairie on his own horse, the child of his father’s horse. With only the slightest nudge of his knees, he can direct his horse without having to hold any reins.

Archery -- Taught by his father shortly after he took to horse riding, Gerel became a notable marksman in his own right. He was a little ostracized for choosing to pick up the arts of a different clan, but he can hold his own in target practice and the occasional hunt. More than the actual art of the bow, his father also taught Gerel how to craft a good bow and fletching arrows. His mother pitched in, teaching him ways to carve stone arrowheads that can dig deep into thick hide.

Horse Archery -- As he grew older, Gerel began incorporating archery into his horse riding. He constantly challenged himself by setting up targets on the prairie, and hitting bullseye whilst on the back of a speeding horse. In time, he became a bit more flashy with his movements; turning back a near 180 degrees to hit a target, firing without looking, and firing three arrows in quick succession while balancing on one foot atop the saddle.

Friend of Animals -- Gerel has a way with animals, which made tending his father's herds easier. Animals feel safe around him, or at the very least they aren't immediately wary of him.

Forager -- Gerel is knowledgeable about the various edibles lying on the forest floor or hanging from tree branches. If need be, he can scrounge up a day's meal given a few minutes of foraging.

Last edited:

• 355d6cb74c6b99325ff05b40618442b8.jpg
    Name: Caliban Lupei

Clan: Sudenta

General Description: Caliban is roughly 5'8 with a slim, lithe build of all corded muscle. He is tone, rather than muscular and built for dexterity and speed.

Last edited:
Note: None of the pictures you see in this CS are mine, they all belong to their respected owners.
Zeke's Text Colour: #cf6713

✤Ezekiel 'Zeke' Marcellius✤

"I hate two-faced people,"

Zahir.full.2399351.png

"It's so hard to decide which face to slap first."

• [Name]
    Ezekiel ‘Zeke’ Marcellius (Pronounced: Eh-zee-kill 'Zeek' Mar-se-li-yus)

[Age]

[Gender]
    Male

[Clan]
    Westeros

[Appearance]
    Ezekiel Marcellius, who also goes by the name ‘Zeke’, can be considered as intrinsically handsome. Zeke is a tall boy, reaching up to approximately 6 feet and he weighs surprisingly light, despite his tall stature, he weighs around 67 kg (147lbs). He has a rich chestnut complexion and sturdy, athletic build. He is, by all means, lacking some physical strength and behind all those ‘hard-looking’ muscles, is just a scrawny soul who couldn't and wouldn’t be able to lift anything up for more than a few heavy dumbbells. However, he makes it up with his fast reflexes. Zeke prides himself for having such a silky ebony hair that reaches just above his waist. He could easily pass off as a girl if it wasn’t for his boyish face and sharp jawline. However, he loathed his own bright amber eyes, because it reminded him and the people around him of his father, even though most males in the Marcellius Household are famous for their alluring amber eyes.
    (Refer to Full Body on the Gallery) For his clothing, he wears a lengthy pale peach scarf with intricate black embroideries near the seams. He also wears a pale sleeveless tunic that does down below his knees and it seems to have the same intricate embroideries as his hood-like scarf that runs at the edges of its seams as it goes down to his knees. There on his hips were two leather belts, where he stores his blades and his other necessities. Pure gold bands wrapped themselves just above his biceps, however, to his right was the thick one and for his left, was two thin ones, both having some type of intricate patterns and writings on them. He also wears a piece of obsidian cloth around his forearm, on top of that, are some bandages and a leather forearm guard. Both his wrist is protected by a thick gold bracelet with unique-looking writings in them. While his dominant right hand has a fingerless glove, his non-dominant left one was adorned with golden rings, swirling with patterns. He wears black pants with a couple of pockets on the side for storage. And finally, he wears his lightweight combat boots for swift footwork.

[Gallery]
    Full BodyNormal AttireFull Picture

[Occupation]
    Full-time Librarian and a Part-time Thief

[Face Claim]
    Zahir from Black Survival

code by @Han JiHyo

Last edited:

.: Serik Tagaev :.

rpcharacterserik_by_thejuras_ddovjdl-pre.jpg

Name: Serik Tagaev
Appearance: Serik is about 165 cm tall. He's a lean, slightly muscular young man with light skin. He has long chin, narrow eyes and small round nose with dimples at his cheeks as he smiles. His hair is black like raven's plume, about as long as his neck. He likes to wear grey linen shirt and a leather vest, with leather trousers and a pair of moccasins. He also usually wears his favorite fur hat with droopy ears that ends with braid wool fibre which made by his mother.
*Art by me*

• Serik is good at tracking, which he learnt from his father. He can easily track down animals or person in the forest, able to smell their scent in the air and catching even faintest of clue of where his target is heading. He is also very good with boxing, as his father trained him to be able to defend himself from a very young age. Bows and bolas are also practiced as he go on hunting trip with his father and uncle or with his friends, however he hasn't perfected his skill yet and is more likely to take the cleaning and butchering job than making kill himself. He also like to craft tools from woods and other materials around him, an ability he practiced himself, resulting over half of the family equipment is repaired or improved by him. He tried cooking too, but it didn't end very well...

Recently, Serik had found himself to be able to perform light magic... How and when it happened, he had no idea.

Last edited:
Matthias

d8a9761f0a375711edad683aefb6cd07.jpg

Name: Matthias Thorgeir

Clan: Northaria

Gender identity: Cisgender Male

Appearance: Matthias is truly a mountain of a man. A hearty diet and the harsh northern climate forged him like steel. Tall as a young tree, and muscled from a life at the forge, Matthias is the natural product and seemingly desired output of Northaria, his frigid, war-like home. His body is riddled with scars of all shapes and sizes, testaments to battles fought with men and beast.
  • • Steel Forging: Matthias' father began to teach him to forge weapons and armor from wrought iron, and he has since honed this skill religiously.
    • Martial Prowess: Matthias has spent almost as much time at work training himself with sword and spear as he has at the forge. Almost. He is also a fine grappler and wrestler.
    • Strength: Not so much a skill, Matthias possesses very high strength.

Last edited:

Aldaf Joshen

aldaf_joshen___portrait_by_sleepycreamy_ddqo321-fullview.jpg

Name: Aldaf Joshen

Clan: Sudenta

Appearance: A rather tall, lanky individual. Six foot one and a half, about two hundred and thirty pounds at max. He has frowzy light-brown hair cut short, unkempt beyond length. His right cheek bears a scar from an incident he never tells the true story to. His eyes are a vibrant green, with flecks of blue dotting the inner iris. He looks thin and weak but looks are deceiving. He’s very agile and quick on his feet, seeming to never lose his balance without a reason. He’s also very flexible.
Picture credit goes to SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy . Thank you!

• Aldaf is a rather decent shot with a bow, but he’s learned a multitude of ranged weapons. He’s learned how to fletch arrows from very little and is a decent woodcarver.

He has a sort of silver tongue, despite him not using it much besides practical jokes.

He also, for being tall and noticeable, has developed a knack for not being seen or heard much, making him an ideal hunter.

He’s also a decent chef, funnily enough.

He's discovered, during the Proving, his connection to Wind Magic. He uses the magic as a support or defense, using the winds to move himself about the field or move attacks where they won't harm his friends. After returning to Westeros, he discovered his connection to the heretical Earth Magic. He's mostly only manipulated pebbles for now, but the true extent has yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Oriana Wren

Miss Oriana.png

Name: Oriana Wren

Clan:

Gender identity:
Female

Appearance: Standing at 5’8”, Oriana is built with lean muscles and can be seen with a strong posture when she stands. Her skin is a warm bronze and eyes a caramel brown which gleam gold in the sunlight. She has dark brown hair that falls to her shoulders and Oriana often styles it into a makeshift bun or ponytail to keep it out of her face. Preferring to keep her clothes simple, Oriana doesn’t offer much outfit variations, tending to wear comfortable clothes with golden hues and more neutral tones that are often well worn but made from good quality fabric. She won’t be seen wearing jewellery, not really seeing the point in it. Oriana is dedicated to keeping her nails short and trimmed, not biting them out of habit but cutting them due to the impracticality of long nails.

• Fishing - Despite her lack of interest in it, Oriana was raised by a fisherman and knows how to create makeshift rods and lures.

Combat - Oriana didn’t spend her days rough housing for nothing, after some time she eventually began to pick techniques up and even got trained properly. That isn’t to say she won’t throw some dirty tricks in.

Keen eyes - Oriana can pick up on animals moods and what they're inclined to do next by following their movements. She is also good at picking up on others faults in battle or their emotions by paying attention to their mannerisms and expressions. Whether she chooses to comment on the latter depends on her mood or the person of interest.

Emmaline Odeletta Wintergreen

e1794ca2dbac7a6c7c30554aebbe2b64.jpgName: Emmaline (Emma/Emi) Odeletta Wintergreen

Gender identity: Female

Appearance: About 5’3, with a curvy hourglass body. Light tan skin and covered with freckles, mainly on her nose, cheeks, and shoulders. Almond-shaped bright emerald-colored eyes and pierced ears. Long, thick, very full wavy light brown reddish-orange hair. She mainly keeps her hair up in a ponytail, filled with small braids, with yarn, cloth, and small trinkets that are woven into her hair. A small scar on the ridge of her nose and a large scar on her upper left arm.[/font]

• Emmaline has a connection with animals being one to easily calm down expecting mothers in her families heard as well comforting the young during storms. She is well skilled with a bow, having practice every day ever since she talked her brother into teaching her. Emma is not much of a fighter but knows how to defend herself to a small extent, having grown up with four brothers. Enjoys cooking and baking quite a bit, never having found it as much of a chore and was always eager to help out with preparing a meal or experimenting with a new recipe. Besides enjoying archery and cooking, Emma is quite crafty, always having had a fascination with learning how things are made. Knows how to sew, a skill taught by her mother which she uses to mend and at times make clothing. Loves to swim and widdle tiny things out of wood or soft stone.

Altlthough Emmaline has yet to show any sgins of magical abilities, like others in the Academy. She will later discover she possess the ability of herbimancy.

Last edited:
Sort of done, but ill need to proof this. ^-^

code by fudgecakez
the FIRESTARTER.

name.
her identification papers say elaiana fi'alddakhil-alsitriin, But it's a litttle bit of a mouthful, ey? eli, as she is often called, prefers to keep things to a first-name basis only, so it's just elaiana. heck, diminutives of elaiana work too, so eli and iana are acceptable alternatives.

age.
apparently, twenty-one years old. who could've known that she was missing a year?

clan.
sudenta. before successfully completing her proving ceremony, she was part of muhima, a small sub-clan within westeros territory that's received a bad reputation thanks to a major incident in the past.

gender identity.
cisgender female.

appearance.
elaiana's the type to get distracted easily. so, if you take your eyes off of her for even a second, you'll find that she's wandered off to one of the stalls over at the entrance of the city. fortunately, it's not that hard to find her, even in an extremely crowded setting.

after all, you'd have to be blind to miss that giant lug. at six feet and four inches, she towers above the others. an intimidating presence for, sure, made even more so by her amazonian physique and the numerous scars, both of which mark her as someone who's often been embroiled in combat.

and we've yet to even mention her distinct combination of fluffy flaming hair and sharp saffron eyes that's sure to gain the attention (and antipathy) of any clansmen from muhima. as she's currently in westeros, running into people from her old town is simply unavoidable. thus, she has returned to her habit of drowning herself in hoods and scarves. anything to keep herself and her agendas hidden.

skills and strengths.
novice > apprentice > adept > expert > master
an expert melee fighter. when you're part of a travelling caravan of clanless, you're bound to get attacked. sometimes, by a small sect from one of the clans. sometimes, by the beasts that prowl the areas outside of the cities.
eli, in particular, is pretty skilled at brawling and generally prefers to use her fists and feet over weapons, as she often loses them or renders them unusable with her immense strength.
an apprentice acrobat and climber. you don't get to stay in sudenta without developing a knack for climbing trees.
an adept pick-pocketer.. life for the clanless is difficult. so, it's a given that sometimes, you have to get a little creative with procuring your supplies.
a novice wood-carver. a fellow in sudenta taught her the art of wood-carving and its cathartic effects. thus, you're unlikely to find her without a block of wood in her satchel.

weapons.

stone tomahawk. her trusty weapon.
wooden spear. just a simple spear carved out from a broken-off branch in sudenta. it's honestly a miracle that it's managed to last so long in her hands.
stone dagger. fashioned by one of her people from when she was travelling with the caravans.
a long metal chain. a keepsake from a party that ambushed the caravan back when they were travelling through estendor.

clothing and armour.

wardrobe.
leather bracers. a fairly pricey leather bracer that she wears on her left hand. it's seen some wear and has more than a few scratches on it.

important or sentimental items.

wooden figurines of various deities.
an ornate wooden horn.

personality.
you can look all you want; just know that you're not going to learn much from just looking. eli's never been good at expressing herself through smiles or frowns. the most she'll do, really, is a slight quirk of the lip or a subtle furrow of the brow, never anything so overt. that very vacancy of hers is what makes her difficult to approach and seem standoffish upon first impression.

which, in eli's opinion, is fine, since she's the type to approach others first, anyways. eli, in general, is outgoing and extroverted. she enjoys working in teams (especially if she gets to be the team leader) and is always honest about everything, whether it's about her thoughts, her opinions, her views... even if it does end up stepping on toes. (and oh boy, you can bet that she's stepped on many a toe.)

she's never been the type to stay quiet if you have nothing nice to say. she usually speaks without a filter, which can often lead to her speaking in blunt and often rude terms. when confronted about this, eli will defend herself and her stances fiercely, as she firmly believes that honesty is a must in all things, regardless of whether it's warranted or not. as eli once said, "what is the point of hiding feelings? to pretend that it does not exist only makes it louder. if i do not like someone, i tell them. if i do not like something, i tell it. and if someone do not like me because of it... so what?"

even if her combative nature does end up burning some bridges for her, it's not like there aren't more birds in the sky, right?

when it comes to her friends and peers, she expects her honesty to be reciprocated, as well. eli is all about communication and thinks of secrets as nothing more than obstacles to trust. because of this, she can be incredibly nosy and forgo boundaries.

biography.
everyone adored her grandfather. he was daring and dashing dreamer that really put muhima on the map. he was nothing short of a hero to the people of muhima, and as yoram's granddaughter and carbon copy, she was expected to rise to the same great feats her grandfather had achieved.

thus, it was not uncommon for her to receive favourable treatment from her fellow villagers. often, they would leave her in charge of leading the other kids and keeping them in line. suffice it to say, the trust the adults placed on her did go to her head; nevertheless, she did work hard so that she could be deserving of their care. if things went as it did, eli would have likely succeeded her grandfather in his vocation and would have settled happily in muhima as one of its most eminent members.

if. it was not the path intended for her in this life.

things took a drastic turn after eli had turned eleven.

suddenly, everyone hated her grandfather. and as yoram's granddaughter and carbon copy, she was shunned as well.

the mockery from the children, she could handle. the most they'd do, really, was point fingers and call her and her grandfather distasteful names, and if things got a little too heated, she could easily beat them into submission. the silence from the adults, however, she could not withstand for long. they would stare at her, hostility clear in their eyes. if she attempted to approach them, she would be yelled at for being a nuisance to the others. if one of the adults was in a particularly terrible mood, she might even be physically hurt by them.

her guardian, tziel, told her the way to survive by shaving her head and cloaking her in scarves and hoods. he told her to never interact with the villagers, to never raise her voice, to always make herself as small as possible, to always be kind and endure their hate, to always submit, because eventually, things will get better.

but they never did. so eli started to question tziel's words. why must she live like this? why must she 'endure; for their sake?

then, she thought: i should give them a reason, then.

at thirteen, she began her rebellion against muhima. she would vandalise their homes, assault the adults, anything to equal the harsh treatment she had been receiving.

it isn't long before her behavior leads to her guardian giving her off to a passing caravan that just so happened to be a group of clanless. after a few days, she's left in the cargohold and taken to sudenta.

surprisingly enough, however, eli finds home with these merry band of murderers and misfits. it's in their company where she really branches out and becomes a lot more comfortable with herself. comfortable enough, in fact, to attempt the proving.

skybeast.
appearance.
─ unlike his brethren, claudius, (or cloudy), has snow-white feathers. this seems to be a major point of insecurity for the young phoenix, but at least eli is there to cheer him up.

trivia.

─ x
─ x
wardrobe.
─ art is drawn by joey drew.

Young Master Demetrius

e0e16884c9deb6e97ece4c506efc8de6.jpg

Name: Faris Demetrius

Clan: Westeros

Appearance: Faris has the gentle air of a young scholar. Cultured and controlled upbringing from his family refined him into a fine young man. Serene as a spring breeze, well read, and approachable in the harsh sky island, Faris is the result of careful cultivation from the best Westeros can offer.

• d56c676cc8a3dc41e9ba676121eb0579.jpg

• Weapon Proficiency: Faris is trained in a few signature weapons and to achieve mastery them. The chain whip and broadsword is his preferred weapon, though he also supplements it with the meteor hammer and bow.

• Cultural Art: The Demetrius is known for their eloquence before their martial prowess. Certain etiquettes and mannerisms are trained into Faris' bone. He is well known for his skill on the wind flute, waxing poetry, and strong memorization. He is less known for his amazing clothes making and sewing skills which is even better than his sister.

• Air and Wind Magic: Discovered early in his childhood, Faris possesses exceptional control of his magic. In combat, he uses to boost his mobility, increase the unpredictability of his chain weapons... and improve his mediocre archery. He relies heavily on magic whenever he fights on his skybeast.

Name: Faris Demetrius
Appearance: Faris has the gentle air of a young scholar. Cultured and controlled upbringing from his family refined him into a fine young man. Serene as a spring breeze, well read, and approachable in the harsh sky island, Faris is the result of careful cultivation from the best Westeros can offer.

Skills and Abilities
  • Weapon Proficiency: Faris is trained in a few signature weapons and to achieve mastery them. The chain whip and broadsword is his preferred weapon, though he also supplements it with the meteor hammer and bow.
  • Cultural Art: The Demetrius is known for their eloquence before their martial prowess. Certain etiquettes and mannerisms are trained into Faris' bone. He is well known for his skill on the wind flute, waxing poetry, and strong memorization. He is less known for his amazing clothes making and sewing skills which is even better than his sister.
  • Air and Wind Magic: Discovered early in his childhood, Faris possesses exceptional control of his magic. In combat, he uses to boost his mobility, increase the unpredictability of his chain weapons... and improve his mediocre archery. He relies heavily on magic whenever he fights on his skybeast.
Weapons and Armors
  • Nine Section Chain Whip: The whip has a handle at one end and a metal dart, used for slashing or piercing an opponent, at the other. A cloth flag with the Demetrius logo is tied near the metal dart.
  • Broadsword: Curved and single-edged, Faris wields the blade in one hand for close combat.
  • Meteor hammers: A long chain with weight on one end. Faris can also attach a weight to the other end and throw it to bind an enemy.
  • Pistol crossbow: Because he is just plain terrible with the bow, Faris secretly buys a small crossbow instead. He's still not much better at it.
  • Leather armor: Worn underneath the layers of his clothes, it provides him with the minimum amount of protection in the wild.
Important or sentimental items
  • White Jade Wind Flute: The first thing he saved his money for, bought when he was nine. He learnt to play it on his own with a result that delighted his sister and parents. He often played it when together with his family or friends. Following the accident, it is one of his only solace.
  • Starlight lantern: The collapsible alchemy product can seemingly keep a fire without fuel when set alight. The light inside moves with the swing of the lantern. It is a gift from his father when he was at the lowest, a reminder there is always light under a night sky, an end to the darkest day.
Personality
While Faris worships the wind goddess Ventar, his demeanor often reminds many of Lunenan, the gentle and kind moon goddess. The faintest hint of a smile always shows on his face. From a child, he has learnt to think of the better of everyone and to keep an open mind to all and any reasons offered. His lenience and peaceful nature is a virtue that brings calm to his heart and a weakness many can exploits. Not once, twice, he suffers only to remain steady and takes the loss for the sake of a harmonious larger picture he has in mind.

When faced with the harsh wilderness outside the safe protection of To'bai, Faris always prioritizes safety. Less quick and more haste. He is detailed and careful when dealing with uncertainty. In other words, he is steady when he executes a plan, but can be pretty useless when facing emergencies and unexpected change. Being less exposed to the harshness of the world also confines his mindset to a set pattern and designs. His reaction when faced with uncertainty is very much predictable: a desire to retreat and observe some more.

On the good side of his sheltered upbringing, Faris is well-spoken and knowledgeable, two assets he relies on through many social conversations. He is also swift to adapt once given enough time to think through or have the words shoved to his face. Pride, while plated inside, is something Faris easily lowers once it is unsuitable to wear. In other words, he is used to following order and command, a saving grace for the more experienced fighters he travels with.

Goals:
  • To discover what happened during his lost year.
  • To clear his name from slander.
  • To forge a name for himself.
Backstory
For three generations, the Demetrius had been known to be the spokeperson of Westeros, particularly in dealings with smaller clans and negotiation with Sudenta. Elena and Chandra Demetrius raised their twin son Faris and daughter Terra to continue the family's legacy. Principles and morals were taught as young as they were four. When Faris showcased his talent in wind magic, the parents unconsciously began to favor Faris.

The Demetrius led a harmonious life in To'Bai. Terra was more than glad to be less restricted by boring etiquette lessons and spent more time watching races and training with her bow, while Faris was an obedient son and a diligent student. Too diligent, in fact, that the lacking in Demetrius' teachings only appeared late in his life. When the twins turned 18, Terra was more than eager to search for an agile skybeast so she could join the many races held at the city outskirt. Faris on the other hand, felt he was not ready and delayed his proving by a year.

Steady as he was, fighting on his own continued to worry Faris. He convinced his parents he just need more time to prepare, and prepare he did. He read about the skybeasts he might face at the proving, trained to fight with his magic and chain whip in conjunction, and readied several items to bring for the trial. Unfortunately, during one such preparations, when he practiced by piercing river fish in the dark of the night, a stray skybeast suddenly attacked him. Faris escaped unschathed, using his weapons and magic to deflect attacks. He hurried to inform the guards, which arrived to find... the dead cub of a winged tiger.

The injury on the cub was that of a steel weapon. The guards turned to Faris. Shocked and confused, Faris was unable to provide a clear explanation. Later on, the guards found a rampaging winged tiger and drove it off. Words spread in To'Bai of Faris Dimetrius, a coward who murdered a small skybeast after being 'attacked'. Only later would he form an explanation. Someone else had murdered the cub by accident and feared the repercussion. He, unlucky to be nearby, became the scapegoat of the act.

Shame and confusion delayed Faris' attendance to the proving, until the year he tried and lost his memories of a year.

Skybeast
Selene the winged panther, black as the night, is the skybeast companion of Faris Dimetrius. It is a reclusive hunter in Westeros, able to erase its presence, flying and running swiftly other winged felines without making itself known. Selene dislikes crowds and attention. When out of the protection jewel, it likes to nap in cool shades and grooms itself until its fur is silky and clean. It also likes to hunt smaller critters and releasing them for sport, taking delight from the hunt more than the catch.

Selene is intelligent, but also highly independent and prideful. It sometimes only follows Faris' command after some sulking and obvious annoyance, particularly when pulled from a hunt or asked to go somewhere with a crowd or especially filthy.

Last edited:

please let me know if anything needs to be fixed :') I'm not sure if the facial scar's implied origin and the description of what happens to an amulet once the owner and skybeast dies is accurate, so I just took a guess and can definitely change it.

NAME

cyrus ponsa
CLAN

westeros
GENDER IDENTITY

cis male

APPEARANCE
Doodle 79.png
(art by me)
Standing at 5' 10'' with a solid muscular frame, the wild glint in his shiny black eyes betrays his usually calm smile. His unruly brown hair falls just below his shoulder blades at it's longest and remains loosely tied on the days when braiding is too much of a bother. (Which, frankly, is most days). A vicious scar has blinded his left eye, and remains covered by the bandana he always wear tied around his head.

SKILLS & ABILITIES
SPEARFISHING: having fished alongside his mother since young, he is skilled at catching fish whether with a rod or with a spear. Has a great hand-eye coordination/reaction speed as a result and can wield a spear decently (though due to being untrained in combatial uses, he doesn't fight with it but does want to learn).

COMBAT: trained in wielding a bladed boomerang and whips for ranged combat and a saber for close combat/dueling. He can put up a good fight in hand-to-hand and he prefers it over weaponed fights.

LIGNTNING MAGIC (???): something he discovered as a teen and never dared share as his mother saw magic as what had inflated his father's ego and indirectly spurred his death. Has no experience using it whatsoever as a result.

WEAPONS & ARMOUR
- Bladed boomerang: though he was given one (with dulled blades) by his mother as a child, it was not the one he awoke with but instead a foreign one with blades meant to draw blood.
- Saber: Modestly decorated and perfectly weighted, it was the blade his father made his name with before being replaced by one of better craft. Scorch marks and embedded stains has long taken it's blade's shine, but it does its job and does it well.

IMPORTANT ITEMS
- A broken amulet; it was once his father's, and the deep blue surface is disinctively marred. One of the few things retreived after his death.

PERSONALITY
"sunny, romantic, irresponsible, short-fused. he can run to trouble as fast as he runs away from his problems."

Energetic and freespirited, Cyrus has always been one to thrive off the crowd. Often floating around one group or another, he is quick-witted and always willing to offer a helping hand. Since young, he has always been full of wanderlust like his father. To Cyrus, the present is the most important moment, and thus nothing bores him more than yesterdays looking exactly the same as todays. He's always been more hotheaded than cool, acting on intuition over plans. Though always up for some good competetion, he is a good sport and cares more about improving than winning. Cyrus tends to get easily attached to things and people, and as such enjoys collecting trinkets and can be too trusting. The naiveness in him refuses to believe in the world's crueler facets, but deep down knows the are true.

A great challenge in his life is his wanderlust versus loyalty to his family and friends. Like his father, Cyrus has always longed to experience the many islands. Perhaps, it is his way of trying to get closer to his father as well. Having never left Westeros, much of what he knows of the other clans is through word on the wind and books. Thus, while he has read much and daydreamed even more, he has little experience of life on the road.

Having not seen much of the world yet, his idealistic and romantic tendencies can be easily taken advantage of. However, as much as his passion can be positive, it can easily be turned into a fuel for spite as well. He tends to react horribly to betrayals and deceit, the anger blowing reason completely out his head. Even after cooling down, a darker, vengeful side in him still never lets go of the grudge. Too proud and stubborn to admit his mistakes and finding the process too awkward, he avoids past mistakes instead, always believing he can just fix it later. Consequences always catches up, however, and shall prove to be his downfall one day if he does not confront his actions.

GOALS
-to discover what happened in the past year and how/why his face was injured
- to be strong enough to proof to his mother he can handle himself and travel the world

BIO
Long before Cyrus was born, his father was once a Westorian mage who had , as a youth, traveled to the various clans to study different fighting styles, and as an adult, became a diplomat between Westoria and smaller clans nearby. His thirst for knowledge was genuine, but had always been curious to the point of ambition. Magic and arrogance did not make a good couple, however. Tradegy struck when Cyrus was only one: his father died of a magical accident, having overextended himself in pursuit of magical discovery.

Leaving his mother to fend for herself and her three children, the talk about magic and adventures were soon banned in the household. Without his father's earnings, she returned to her family traiditional job of fishing, moving back to her small hometown from the capital. For as long as he recalled, his father was a figure that existed more as figure in fairytales than family. His mother was griefstrucken, but also bitter, and rarely spoke about his father. She shelered the three children as much as possible, not allowing any of them to travel outside of Westeros. Still, growing up as the youngest, he was always spoiled by his siblings, and they'd frequently tell him about the stories his father used to bring back for them.

As he grew older, it became more and more evidant he had the same restless spirit of his father. Particularly rebellious during his teenage years, he'd often sneak off from fishing to go cause a ruckus around town and giving his mother no small amount of headaches. The more she scolded him, the more he wanted to leave the small town of what he swore was literally the same people everyday. Her protectiveness of him as the youngest and his stubborn nature fought almost daily every dinner. Perhaps because he couldn't actually remember his father and never felt the grief the rest of his family did, but to him, he'd rather die like him than die farming fish all day. And as much as he loved his family, he was antsy for something new. Even his siblings sympathetic pleads for him to consider both sides fell on deaf ears.

Finally, he couldn't take it anymore when his mother insisted he delay his proving ceremony, claiming he wasn't ready. Grudgingly obeying but deciding to take matters into his own hands for the next year, the last thing he recalled was falling sleep while planning to sneak off and place his name on the roster.

The next time he woke up, he was most definitely not at home, had the worst headache of his life, and holy shit why isn't his left eye opening.

Fuck.

SKYBEAST
Desme, Lindwurm

Related to the more well known dragons and wyverns, her scales are rough and course, made to combat sandstorms and rugged grounds. Intelligent, cautoius and brutally precise on strike, she is rarely aggressive until the moment calls for it. An opportunistic hunter, Desme always waits for the perfect moment. Compared to Cyrus, she is much more skittish and has a stormy personality that is easily annoyed. (but also easily calmed) Though completely lacking in raw bulk and strength, her agility and ability to constrict opponents makes up for it. The poison in her fangs is not actively harmful, but it is numbing.

1df76b3f700a922c3fbb497e011df1be.png

Name: Namid Khumalo
Appearance:
7D0EAB3E-12BA-44FF-8C5D-811F6707E9A2.jpeg
Namid is a burly man who stands approximately 6’4. He has dark hair with a short beard, golden-brown eyes, and a fairly deep voice. His skin is a taupe color. 693FA46B-062E-4982-B298-586540895B99.jpeg
His usual attire consists of a small, simple headdress with horns or antlers, a long lightweight cloak, and lightweight linen clothing with a few turquoise beads. He also possesses several stone talismans, worn on his neck and wrists.

Skills and abilities:
  • Staff Usage - The staff is a versatile implement, good for more than just fighting. Namid’s staff, which he has dubbed “Astrophel”, is his go-to tool and weapon.
  • Atlatl hurling - Superior to the javelin in a few ways, the atlatl is Namid’s preferred ranged weapon.
  • Light Magic - Namid manifests his magic in the form of “stars”. He conjures several small points of light that orbit him and coalesce for projectile attacks. The damage is minimal, but most of his spells are capable of stunning an assailant. He often uses his magic for storytelling or modeling purposes.
  • Astrology - He is fascinated by the study of the stars and interprets star charts in hopes of seeing an omen from Celesta.
  • Athletics - He can lift heavy objects (within reason) with relative ease, and is a decent climber and runner. “Remember, more lives than your own may depend on your fitness.”
  • Mathematics - He is well-versed in geometry and algebra.
Weapons & armour:
  • Astrophel - A sturdy, custom wooden staff with etchings in the shaft and iron ornaments with intricate tumbaga filigree on the ends. The etchings are filled in with a rich black ink and made permanent by a kind of varnish.
  • Atlatl - An unusual weapon, the atlatl uses leverage to better hurl spear-like projectiles. Its range is superior to that of a common javelin.
  • Small talismans of the five gods. The talisman of Celesta seems to be the most intricate and expensive-looking, suggesting his devotion to her.
  • Scrolls detailing history, star charts, and geography of the islands.
  • Amaya’s amulet.

Personality:
Namid looks at the world and sees much to do; there is no time for sitting around when there is so much to learn and achieve. He keeps busy from the time he opens his eyes to the moment he goes to bed. He attempts to be well-rounded, active, and up-to-date on current events. Emotionally, he stays fairly stoic, trying to be grounded and calm but not callous. He values having a good handle over his physical strength and his emotions, but also takes interest in understanding why others act as they do. Having an intimate knowledge of a person’s feelings is an honor.

Namid is one of those people who looks carefully for signs from the gods. He devotes himself to the study of astrology, looking to the sky for omens. He believes the complex relationships among the stars, the sun, and the moon are a means by which Celesta, Helian, and Lunenan collectively deliver omens. Although he isn’t offended by much, he is passionate about this topic; suggesting his life’s work is a waste will infuriate him.

One of Namid’s major flaws is that he tends to be more concerned with the little things—minor details, activities, etc. The mountain of smaller things in which he takes interest, combined with his passion for astrology, tends to overshadow more immediately important things. In short, he doesn’t always have his priorities straight. He is an inquisitive mind and will sweat the finer details unless dragged away. His patience can be both a virtue and a flaw, as it may take some goading for him to leap into action. Once challenged or goaded, though, he doesn’t say “no”.

Goals:
  • Regain his memories of that missing year
  • Develop a reliable means of divination via astrology
  • Make mathematical and scientific discoveries as he goes

Bio:
Namid and his sister Tamela were lifelong residents of Westeros. The two were always hard workers, and Tamela found her knack as a fighter. Though a solid athlete, Namid felt drawn towards more scholarly practices. He demonstrated an interesting brand of piety, as well; though many looked to the gods with fearful reverence, he sought to understand their machinations. While studying light magic at the academy in his late teen years, he found work at an observatory, where astronomers would gaze at the night sky through large, polished quartz lenses.

As he watched and mapped the stars each night, Namid wondered if the positioning of the myriad heavenly bodies had a hidden meaning. Thus he made astrology his life’s work, drawing an ever-expanding timeline corresponding with his star charts. This is how his usual routine came about; he participates in many more trivial activities (such as athletics or art) throughout the day, then studies theology and astrology during the evening.

Not all is well, though. Namid’s devotion to astrology meant he afforded time for little else, including that important proving ceremony. He has delayed his own proving for a few years, much to his parents’ chagrin. Tamela completed hers at 18, so why didn’t he? Feeling the building pressure and judgmental glances, he decided to go ahead and sign up. That’s about all he remembers, though; shortly after that, there’s that missing year, which is cause for great concern. During that lost time, he learned to use the atlatl, though he isn’t sure how or why; the atlatl is an obscure weapon. Perhaps he spent time with one of the minor clans?

Skybeast:
Amaya, a regal thunderbird who is very selective. She seems to dislike younger and more hotheaded people; perhaps Namid was able to bond with her because he is older and more patient than many initiates.
1629429029163.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back