• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Unknown to the trio, someone already notice long before they burst out in laughter. Ryukia has been silently watching them. In fact, she was actually watching the show.​

"Oi, whatcha doing behind the doorway?" Sidney asked, making Ryukia jump in surprise. "A-Ano...eto..." As she tries to explain, Ryutaro takes notice. "Ryukia?" He asked as he approaches her. When she turns around to see him, she says "Onii-chan..." And then she goes over to him and hides herself behind him. "Ah, your little sister's really the shy type, huh?" Sidney asked. "Yeah, she prefers to stay isolated, unless needed." Ryutaro answered.​

“Doesn't Auntie Ryukia feel lonely though?” Ruri asked,peeking from behind the couch she was sitting on.

Xenon suddenly glanced out of the window where the storeroom (which Cheng had gotten permission to use as his unofficial temporary workplace) is as if he had heard something.

"Hmm...yeah, but no matter how we tried to convince her to socialize, she won't do it. Hey, I got an idea." Ryutaro said "Ruri, would like to play with Ryukia for a while? Her room has a lot of games for you two to play."

“Okay!” Ruri nodded and went towards Ryukia. Meanwhile,Xenon had just slid open the window and vault over and out of the inn,walking towards the storeroom before entering it. Whatever it is he's seen,he seemed to be sufficiently horrified enough to quickly rush in.

Ryukia looked at Ruri and held her hand. "I-Ikuyo, R-Ruri-chan." She said before taking her to her room. It is quite big, but the major sights to see are the computer, TV with game console, and a large teddy bear on the corner.​

Quite tellingly,the first thing that caught Ruri's attention was the teddy bear,which she started snuggling really lovingly. Quite an unusual sight for a little girl with dragon features to be doing that,as one would imagined she would be tearing it to pieces instead,but lo and behold,Ruri is not that sort of little child.

--------------------------------------------------

“Hey! Enough! What's gotten into you!?”

Xenon asked as he desperately pulled Cheng back. The latter had eyes filled with an unspeakable level of bloodlust and rage,holding his flame-saber as he tried to destroy the exosuit that Scientia seemed to have brought back with him.

“Let me go Xen...! I. Said. Let. Go!”

Ryukia watched as Ruri lovingly snuggles the teddy bear. "R-Ruri-chan..." She called "W-Wanna play...um...twister?"

“Twister?” Ruri asked,tilting her head on one side in contusion with the teddy bear following suit.

Out of the storeroom came Xenon,looking pretty tired from some short game of "pull-away" with Cheng as he dragged the exosuit out.

"H-Here..." Ryukia said as she lays down a large white mat with columns of colored dots of red, green, blue, and yellow. There is also a spinner laid out.​

“Oooooh!”

“Cheng looks pretty pissed when he saw this.” Xenon explained to Sidney,Amelia and Ryutaro, pointing at the exosuit that was laid left leaning on the wall.

"C-Come, I'll even teach you as we play." Ryukia said. Meanwhile, after being told the story, Amelia asked "W-Why d-daddy a-angry?"

“I'm not really sure myself. But I heard him yelling about the exosuit taking the life of his girlfriend and family,being a curse that was going to take whatever happiness he had left in life away if we keep it any longer and such.” Xenon explained,glancing at the exosuit. “Whatever it is,he seem to have a really bad history with it.”

Xenon's chin rested in his finger as he thought for a while,before walking towards the exosuit while taking the helmet off and peer inside.

“...is it just me,or does it look big enough for any canine or feline-hybrid people to also stuff their ears into it?”

Xenon soon took a flashlight and shone some light into it.

“Looks like the inside of the helmet is designed carefully to ensure that anyone with upwards pointy cat or dog ears won't accidentally fold them.” He noted,before glancing outside of the window,where he could see Cheng sitting on the rock by the courtyard,staring into space. The wielder of the Artic Rose looked back into the helmet,and then glanced back at Cheng.

“I think I have a good idea who this suit belongs to.” Xenon answered before heading for the door to meet up with Cheng.

“Hey. Cheng.”

“What is it?” Cheng responded,not looking back at his teammate and old friend.

“The exosuit you were angrily trying to destroy.....it's yours,isn't it?”

*BHAM*

Cheng angrily got up and lunged towards Xenon,pinning the latter towards a tree with his free hand clenched into a whitening fist,his eyes burning with the same intense rage he had showed earlier in the storeroom. Xenon simply looked back at him with a hardened look,unshaken by their fox-man's visible rage. Teeth clenched for a brief moment,Cheng soon lowered his fist and averted his gaze,letting go of Xenon before nodding reluctantly.

Unknown to the two of them, Amelia had watched. She is starting to get worried for her creator.​

“.....I didn't leave Eden solely because of their decision to absorb every other nation into part of it. Cheng spoke,still not facing Xenon. “You could probably guess by my rant and the exosuit.....that I had more reasons that made me l leave completely.”

“If that's the case then....I just want to ask this:What made you join Eden in the first place?” Xenon asked.

“I....” Cheng hesitated,before contuining. “I was fed up with everything about the nation I can from. I was fed up with everything about Tong Yi. Fed up with being belittled by those who possessed Dou Qi,the "Tong Yi" equivalent of Ki simply because I don't have it.”

Cheng spoke,his voice starting to shake both in rage and sorrow.

“The people there could get away with being so arrogant to anyone weaker than they are in their eyes.....every single damned time....pointing their noses up and away with the stupid excuse that the land they live in is where only the strong makes the rules while the weak follows them. When I found out about Eden's plan to assimilate every country in the world into one,I.....I've joined.”

“...I'm guessing it's out of the wish of spitting back at Tong Yi once it actually becomes part of Eden then?” Xenon guessed,a hesitant nod from Cheng likewise confirming it.

“From there....apart from being the brains,I started pushing myself to the limits physically,strong enough so that I could wield the exosuit you saw me trying to destroy. By the time I've done however.....that was when I've met her. The woman who became the love of my life,Hiromi Umehara. Some pep talk with her after she knew of my reason for joining,she....talked me out of my quest for vengeance.”

I don't think I'd like to see a highly pissed off Cheng Ling...when I think about it.

“I've completely forgot about my desire to pay the same sort of ridicule the people of Tong Yi had given me and my family. Completely forgotten that I've always wanted to be in the shoes of the arrogant few while believed that everyone else is beneath them and should be lucky to be killed by them. And then just then after two days of being on the field in the exosuit alongside her....."that" happened.”

Amelia listened and she is starting to feel bad about her creator. But the question in her mind is; what of her?​

“My family....they were in the crossfire during one of the battles that took place on the outskirts near where my family now lived. I don't recall what exactly happened but....for some reason,one of our targets escaped into the village my family settled in,and without another word.....several of our men just...just....started firing everywhere there.”

“They outright started a massacre....!?”

Cheng could only nod weakly in response.

“For whatever reasons...they only received house arrest for a week despite killing every innocent present,including my family. I...I felt awful being unable to stop them. Hiromi seemed to have known,and comforted me,told me to take a break from the frontlines. And so I did,working behind the scenes on the upgrades of the weapons the troops used while including a "Stun mode" for non-physical ballistic weapons. About the four months had passed by then,and I was back in the exosuit and out on the frontline with Hiromi in tow.”

“....What happened afterwards?”

“She...she....” Cheng sniffled,seconds close to being on the verge of tears. It did not go unnoticed,as Xenon quickly raised his hands up in a surrendering position.

“No. Don't. I take back what I said. I...I'm sorry for your loss.”

“She....she took a stance against a platoon to buy me and the others them to retreat. By the time we came back with reinforcements....s-she was gone...!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back