• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sighing,Xenon answered.

“Hopefully Scientia does....”

--------------------------------------------------
It was now late noon. Clair and Scientia,as usual,are off completing bounty hunting quests (yes,the latter had paid and also helped in the repairs of the damages he himself caused) while Xenon was taking a break from the swordsmanship training under the Artic Knight's tutelage.

"Yo, Xenon!" Ryutaro called as he approaches him. He was just done training and like, he is taking a break.​

"Pretty rough, but I've managed." Ryutaro said "But say, I have a favor to ask, if that's okay with you?"

"Would you mind be my manager?" Ryutaro asked "I tried asking my dad, but he has his hands full with Ryukia. Of course I wouldn't ask mom because she has no idea what martial arts is about, or rather fighting in general."

“...wait. Me?” Xenon muttered,his body hunched down a little with a bewildered look on his face. “I thought someone else like Michelle would fit the job better than I do? Also,what am I even supposed to do as a manager?”

"Basically, you are in charge in rallying up supporters and maintaining the condition of the person endorsed, which is me." Ryutaro said.​

“Supporters?”

This is a little too similar to what Nox made me do alongside him for Milia during her swordsman tournament....

Sighing and scratching the back of his neck,Xenon likewise obliged.

“Alright. I guess I'll give it a shot. But why me though?”

"Well...maybe because you were the first person I ever thought of." Ryutaro said.​

“I think she-”

The two of heard a 1940s-esqe soundtrack being played from the lobby (which was kind of like a living room on its own in all honesty). Xenon seemed to recognise it.

“Wait...that sounded like "Jasper and Jinx"?”

(In other words,Ruri's watching Tom and Jerry. Tom was originally called "Jasper" while Jerry was referred to as "Jinx" in the script of the very first T&J short.)

"Hey, she just called me uncle." Ryutaro said as he followed Xenon back inside.​

“Soooo is it a good thing or a bad thing?” Xenon mused as they entered just in time to see Jasper Cat step onto the end of a rake,causing the handle the spring up in the speed of light towards his face with a loud,audible wham in the TV.

Repeated with the shovel behind him,and and fully rinse and repeated one last time,before capping it all with dustpan springing up towards his face upon activation. Xenon hismelf couldn't help but let off a short laugh upon seeing the all too familiar slapstick gag.

“Ah this show never fails to lighten me up sometimes.”

"Yeah, I remember watching that show was I little. Damn, after all these years, that show still runs on the air." Ryutaro said.​

“Not only that,this is literally the very first phase of the ever expanding seasons of "Jasper and Jinx".” Xenon added in wonder.

“There's more cartoons like this one,papa?” Ruri asked,in which Xenon nodded.

“The cartoon itself's gotten really popular ever since after it aired,but nowadays we can only see the I guess you could say "modern" age version of the series.” Xenon explained before letting of a sigh. “I feel the old ones have always been a lot more funnier with the slapsticks it pulls off.”

No sooner than later,the trio could see Jasper,in the wake of a failed attempt to use a pole vault up onto a birdhouse (Jinx and a canary the crazy cat was after were both in there) thanks to a nicely-position skate,crashed into a house through the window of the second floor (1st floor if not speaking Japanese floor level terms) and then crashed out of the house at the other end while getting entangled by what looks like a pink coloured curtains.

“Oh,that's...”

Having fallen onto the ground,Jasper angrily stood up,glancing at the curtains whose straps on each end were now tied around his left and right arm respectively before suddenly smiling when he figured something out. Strolling towards the back of the house,the scene soon cut to Jasper tying the other two straps on the other end of the curtain around his legs. At this point it looked as if he had just gotten a pair of wings.

“I think we both know how well this would go for him,Ryutaro.” Xenon said.

Jasper soon leaped up into the air,flapping his "wings" to keep himself afloat in the air during his test flight. After what looked like a couple seconds of flawless flight with his newfound wings,the cat gave a wicked triumphant look to the viewers beyond the television screen-

*WHAM!*

Xenon could not be any more thankful for not drinking any glass of water at the particular moment,as he and Ruri now burst out laughing at the result of the test flight:Jasper shoved himself into a mailbox and was now seeing mini-flying Jasper's above his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back