• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shield of the Stormcircle OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Work on the idea and we can always tweak him to blaspheme harder, if you want him to be a serious outcast and religious criminal.
Still a Magus or just the world's biggest guitarist?
Still a magus. I was thinking Stormlord in particular. And he's not really gonna be a huge name, more of a tagalong kid with some weather powers.

heyo so ive got a few questions.

1. are the elemental affinitys for elementals fixed? i.e steelteeth have only eart metal and wood
2. is there more info on the inquisition? (btw my totaly non headcanon is a language mix from latin and german combined with big intimidating gothik style buildings)
3. how do crafting skills work? Do i need to craft every part individualy? can i do everything at once? how long does it take to create something and are we able to infuse some uniqeness into it?

• Henlo am rat uhhh

this is my first dice game so I'm not really sure where to start!!

Azacoatl

coded by weldherwings.
boop the nose!

well in my experience what you want to do can be summed up in 4 points

1 what you want your charackter to be good at
2 the personality of your charackter
3 the whole story of your charakter
4 and most importantly what your charackter is bad at! overpowered mary sues, or silly edgelords dont make for a fun rp. But a flawed charackter with well..... charackter is much more fun for you and the rest of the grp dm included. For example i once had a game with a few clubmembers and we played some strange angel based game. all in all the setting and everything was damn serious and joyless, but making a few slight changes with the premade chars transformed it. not into a silly goof off, but a much more meaningfull group dynamic some changed theyr chars into serious, silly or batshit crazy chars but stayed true to the role of said charackters. for example i had the healer but instead of the normal "touching" to use heal/debuff spells my charackter optet to softly bitchslap friends and enemys alike running around sometimes whooping sometimes not depending on how difficult/serious the fight was. another had the warrior whose chapter was a bit over enthusiastic with fitness which prompted him to do EVERYTHING the hard way if there was a slight chance it increased his muscle density. which also led to him smelling like a sweat elemental the whole time. sometimes its bad when the enemy can smell your party miles ahead upwind. so long story short, what makes a charackter interesting are not his strenths but weaknesses

I would always say start with who your character is, what they want, and how they intend to get it.

You can let me worry about the numbers if they end up being too much.

1. are the elemental affinitys for elementals fixed? i.e steelteeth have only eart metal and wood
2. is there more info on the inquisition? (btw my totaly non headcanon is a language mix from latin and german combined with big intimidating gothik style buildings)
3. how do crafting skills work? Do i need to craft every part individualy? can i do everything at once? how long does it take to create something and are we able to infuse some uniqeness into it?

1. Pretty much, although they can splash weaker versions of Elements outside their primaries.
2. The Inquisition is a secular special policing force with no fixed cultural background, offices around the world, a small airforce. They can usually exercise their authority to requisition materiel or personnel from local power in pursuit of an investigation or arrest. They mainly police the Great Houses to keep them from a return to the bad old days when they ruled the world, and police Magi to try and prevent the same abuses of power.
3. You don't need to craft every part individually but sometimes that's fun. You're encouraged to make them unique. I'll dig up my file with the more complete crafting rules soon.

You can let me worry about the numbers if they end up being too much.
Would you be willing to help me out with that, too? The four or five times I've had a reason to make a character for a Storyteller system game, (which is entirely unrelated to chargen in your system, obviously) I always got super hung up on where the stats went.

Would you be willing to help me out with that, too? The four or five times I've had a reason to make a character for a Storyteller system game, (which is entirely unrelated to chargen in your system, obviously) I always got super hung up on where the stats went.

No problem; you write up a character and give me an idea of their competencies, I can knock the numbers together and explain why I put what where,

Hoooooo Boi finally im finished writing up my character.....well here goes nothing (btw since my drawing skills get me laughed out of second grade im not even gonna attempt to draw my character)

In a distant village of torchbearers near the Bullwark in the only Inn, a qiet night took its course. Even the Moon hid behind his Blanket of clouds, nothing but time was moving. But that was what woke her up. From seeing nothing but Darkness and Hearing nothing except her own rapidly increasing Heartbeat, the fear came back and with it the voices. Cold and unfeeling as they have always been. Panik nearly overwhelming her as she hastily ignites her right hand. The Darkness fades, and the crackling of the Flames drive the silence away. After staring into the flame for a while she exhales heavily, and with the shaking fingers of her left hand, rummages through her knapsack. After a short while she finally finds the Candles , lits them up and places them beside the Bed. Quake Extinguishes the flames on her hand, and shudders the same way her name Implies. " I thought it finally got better" she mumbels to herself while she stares into the flames. The dancing of the Candle Flames and the shadows around her, bring back Memories.

Quake was an Elemental, a Steeltooth to be precise. Born with an unusual high affinity for wood among her peers, but it only made her a target. A group of Stormcircle mages wanted to create a new breed of slaves. To mine and at the same time Process the ores theyve hewn out of the stone. So Steelteeth elementals would be a good start, but they wanted everything to be perfect. Project Flameteeth was its name, taking steelteeth children and forcibly changing theyr elemental affinitys. Into the perfect slave, with Earth Fire and Metal Attunements. She was too young to even remember her Parents or anything else but the small room of utter darkness and silence. The mages thought that to change the elemental attunements, they first had to start with theyr heads. So they deprived the children of any sensory input possible, to make them crave for light and sound. And flames would suit this need quite perfectly. But simple headgames where not enough for the mages, so they took single children out of the cells and startet different experiments. Of Course while they did this they paralysed theyr subjects muted them and bound the eyes, to make sure that the overriding plan of deprivasion was not compromised. Blind, mute,deaf and unable to move subjects would be easier to control anyway so everybody was happy with it, except the children. Fear and pain was what the world felt like to them, not knowing anything else. On the operating tables they got burned, methodicaly and precisely. Depending on the subject there would be amputations, transplantations, hypnosis and brainwashing. After a few years it was time for phase 2. Suddenly in all the cells a single lick of flame appeard,blinding and confusing the children. This new sensation overwhelmed them in an instant. Sight and noise for the first time in theyr lifes, and warmth that didnt hurt. For a day it was all they could think off, not moving theyr gazes away from the Flame. But it was fading, as it got smaller and smaller the children panicked, but suddenly they all had the same thought. Implanted into them by hypnosis and magic. "I must try to make the flame stronger". So they tried...some failed, some succeded. And after the useless subjects had been removed, the Project continued. Again years passed.

Subject Nr.17 was her name...no her description. During the years many samples and subjects had to be removed either because of mental collaps, insufficient progress, or because they became unsuitiable during the experiments. She became the later,as operations,tests and experimental solutions renderd her completely sterile. Unable to increase the population of the slave Race, she became useless to them. But the Project had been going on for so long that funds were now a growing concern, so instead of just erasing her. The Magus in charge of finances decided to sell her of in an underground Auction for the rich and Mighty.

There it was were she saw her reflection for the first time in her life. Sitting in her cage in the storage of the Auction. A mirror was propped up next to her. Golden and inlaid with precious stones adorned by filigran artwork, and herself looking back her with deep brown eyes. Her Hair was as black as onyx but red streaks flew threw it. Same as with the black stones that grew out of her shoulders, knees ,elbows and the back of her hands. The rest of her skin was a kaleidoscope of pale flesh, burn scars and sutures. A Tapestry that told her Story without words. Finally it was her turn to be sold. While beeing confined in her cage she was paraded out on the stage infront of the Audience, as a "cheap toy" that could be used to pass the time or to experement on her some more. Raucious laughter spew forth behind the masks as the auctioneer ended his sales pitch. She couldnt understand any of it, as teaching an unfinished produkt to speak would have been a waste of time. But today had probably been the luckiest day of her life, as an inquisitor was part of this auction in order to look for some clues.

Angram Balefront, a 70 years old human warrior and Inquisitior by trade. Was shocked as he saw the young girl in the cage. It was an open secret that the mages saw anyone not magically inclined as nothing more than beasts of burden. But such an obvious disregard for law and empathy was rarely seen in public. His mission forgotten he could only hear the laughter of the mages, the little comments and nasty critisicm about an "already broken toy". He took a deep breath, to calm his rage. Making a scene now would compromise everything he was here for. But on the other hand, buying her would help his disguise instead.

He took her away from the Auction, away from the stormcircle. And took her in as a Daughter.

Many years have passed, and the young girl grew into a woman. She was Trained as a Warrior and Inquisitoral field agent . Because she was trained as a lone agent she had to learn many things, such as smithing to keep her gear intact, the commonly most used languages and laws of every part of the world ( even if it was just rudementary). So she was Forged into a Blade of Law. Adorned in heavy armor, with sword, spear and Towershield at her side. By her hands many criminals have been dragged out of the darkness they hid in, and into the light of the Courts of law . But not everything was at it seems, for political differences can be found everywhere were intelligent beeings walk. Angram had enemys in the inquisitition, that resented his unflexible way of dealing with the Law. Accusations of missconduct, bribery and treason got louder and louder and louder.Until it was too much. For crimes aiganst the Inquisition, Angram Balefront senior Inquistor and inquisitoral law enforcer, had been executed. During his last days he managed to cash in some favors from old friends, they couldnt help him direktly. The opposition had to many fake evidences and witnesses. But they could shield his Daughter, and protect her for the years to come.

Quake sighed, the many memories have been just too vivid. And as she watched the sunrise with heavy heart she thought, "oh Father....why was your naming sense so horrible?".

Aaaaaaaaaaaand were done......phew that took a while, anyone of you that braces this wall of text i salute you. so yeah thats my character and one of the few where i fleshed out the backstory so much. I took a few liberties with it but if anything doesnt fit lorewise just tell me ^^

Last edited:
That's grim. No glaring liberties; I can make a lot of that plot-relevant quite easily.

that´s nice ^^. i intentionally dropped as few names as possible sou you could mold it as you see fit btw can you help me make the character stats and stuff coz im pretty bad at it with new systems

Yep! Give me an idea of what you want her to be good at and what she does outside of her work and I can whip something up.

alright i wanted her to be a sort of frontline fighter paladin without heal spells/abilitys but instead of a god she firmly beleaves in justice and law. and outside of her work she likes smithing, beeing outdoors and LOVES flying reading and cooking. also in the fluff of the inquisition it is stated that they use magical artifacts i thought a simple resist/detect magic amulet would do but thats your call

Oh you'll get a whole mess of cool occult toys for work, and Elementals have some cool powers for quick smithing with weird materials. Hm, thought they were in this thread, actually.

i forgot to write that i wanted her fighting /travel style to be like a roman legionare ya know adapt improve overcome

also also sry that i keep adding stuff its vitally important she can use the fire war 1 ability where she can ignite her hand/weapon

Alrighty - now that I've gotten my clarifications from Grey Grey I'm going to have to slot some cappuccino-time this weekend to read through the lore and rough out my Goblins. Hope to have something up by late Sunday. Rezzimus Rezzimus set a good bar to get over with character background!

Hello everyone. Was contemplating how an undead character would work seeing as true revival is impossible? Maybe some kind of manatech construct keeping them from dying (yet?)

maybe a mechanical heart pumping an alchemical solution instead of blood? and the solution gets slowly used up so you would have to replenish it. would add an interesting mechanic to keep yourself alive

Hello everyone. Was contemplating how an undead character would work seeing as true revival is impossible? Maybe some kind of manatech construct keeping them from dying (yet?)

Attempts at true revival produce a kind of vampire, which is fine too.
But a ghost in a biomechanical shell is likewise reasonable. Bonework constructs inhabited by ghosts are not so uncommon.

Attempts at true revival produce a kind of vampire, which is fine too.
But a ghost in a biomechanical shell is likewise reasonable. Bonework constructs inhabited by ghosts are not so uncommon.

I was thinking less undead patron of the night and more shambling corpse if that makes sense. Would it be possible for a necromancer to trap a ghost inside it's own dead body? Perhaps kept from completely rotting through some method. Would a body count as a homework structure lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back