• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shield of the Stormcircle OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The site has a dice roller you can use after making a post.
As a rule, I only ask for a roll when failure and success are equally likely - if you've got the Skills and no one is shooting at you, you can probably do something competently.
So outside of combat we probably won't roll a ton.

After you make a post, a Throw Dice option appears at the bottom of your post near Edit and all that.
That'll pop up a dialogue box to select the type and number of dice.

Once we've got all the characters ready to go, we've talked about what the hell you're all doing together and how you met, and what kind of first foolhardy venture you're flying into.

Absolutely. Start pondering what you've been doing, how you may have met, how well you get along, why you'd be working together.

To help, you can always tie yourself to the war between the city-state of Zendis and the entourage of Olimak Annan. The ruling Magi of the city executed her lover and she's still pissed about it.

that´s actualy really similar to my first thought. that we get pressganged during a mustering call and placed on the same airship sent to fight an incoming fleet of skypirates. playing of the unlikely allies troupe since we have some alignment clashes in the group ^^

during the fight some sort og shenanigangs involving weather magic or engine failure could happen and now the ship is marooned, everyone except the pc´s are dead and now we have to work together to get the ship working and traveling to the nearest city forging alliences during the trip

Grey Grey - can you please take a look at my char sheet and see if I've positioned the Goblins to be good at sneaking, investigating, breaking into things, jury rigging tech they don't quite understand, and lying their way out of how they came to be in possession of the Rod of Noonah recently reported missing from the Temple of Wossname, or, you know, whatever makes sense in the context of the actual campaign.
Also - starting equipment?
Should we just draft a list of things our characters would likely have? Should that be at "starting level"? A little bit more?
And, I'd like to know your thoughts on the weapon we had discussed, or do you want me to draft something based on the "GotG" sample characters and work out details with you?
Thanks.

I'll take a look over them in a wee bit I trust your grasp of the rules so far.

For starting equiment, tell me what you want up to and including more or less anything, and if I can't reasonably justify why you can't have it, you can have it. Whatever makes sense to you.

I like your weapon concept. Give me a little time to mentally map out the mechanics, and in the meanwhile if you want any specific features or quirks let me know.

during the fight some sort og shenanigangs involving weather magic or engine failure could happen and now the ship is marooned, everyone except the pc´s are dead and now we have to work together to get the ship working and traveling to the nearest city forging alliences during the trip
Perhaps Den is tasked somehow with "returning" the airship they obtained without trade? And the rest of the group are travellers/refugees they pick up as a cover story for what the airship is doing? And then they encounter the aforementioned shenanigans?

Or - we have a common contact who pulled us together to do something?

I can pull out a contract with some delightful maniac like Yrva Kira, the armsmaster of the Kontina Pirate Fleet, if need be.

i dont think starting with some doubius criminal mission would be very much in character for quake. it would make sense after the group as formed some trust between them and if it would aling with her goal of avenging her father. even if the inquisition is more of a magic observing law group she herself could be seen as lawful neutral/good. not that im denying any shady quests i just think a common goal of survival is more realistic to start the group dynamic

Quake could actually be exercising Inquisitorial authority to hire or conscript some of the others. Inquisitors often collect quirky teams as they go about their work.

Maybe she has an existing, troubled friendship with someone and to get them out of jail time she conscripted them.

lol sounds like fun xD conscripting the raggtagg missfits to get some inside spying info on a pirate fleet

Actually what I might do is say Quake has been tasked with investigating Olimak Annan because there's a suspicion she's going to break treaties and launch an assault on a sovereign state without the backing or interference of her House.

Her cause is revenge, and therefore holy to the Olimak. They'll publically disavow her and refuse to help, but they won't stand in her way.

go nuts dude, one reason i made her an inquisitoral agent is the perks AND responsibilitys of having a big power to give you orders

btw hows her character sheet coming along? sry im dumping it on you but im really bad with creating functional characters in new systems :(

we could even start the narrative with quake commanderreing the airship den was about to return and every random chucklefuck around the dock xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back