• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shield of the Stormcircle OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was thinking less undead patron of the night and more shambling corpse if that makes sense. Would it be possible for a necromancer to trap a ghost inside it's own dead body? Perhaps kept from completely rotting through some method. Would a body count as a homework structure lol
I'd say just keep the bones, the other stuff will start to smell after a while.

what´s the basic layout of the group right now anyway?
like roles, races and occupations.

So we've got a crafty fighter, a probably-charismatic spellcaster, a pack of wee techies, and ???
Someone might want to take charge and/or fly the ship.

I can't not give you an airship.

So we've got a crafty fighter, a probably-charismatic spellcaster, a pack of wee techies, and ???
Someone might want to take charge and/or fly the ship.

I can't not give you an airship.
The Goblins have Piloting ... was going to work in some sort of airship heist in their background GM allowing. Not that they'd still have it. But that they had at least piloted one.

Ok, the basic concept I have for my character is a human, atleast initially, whose soul(?) has been affixed into some kind of manatech construction, and is sort of piloting a corpse (not theirs) via the same contraption. It might be a temporary residence that needs to be replaced eventually? Perhaps as an experiment to create some kind of lich. Does that sound feasible.

Yes this is good this can work excellent.
You will need a fresh corpse at some point, but having your ghost anchored to a device that can then be used to pilot a corpse is good.

oh man this already sounds like a lot of fun. btw for naming the ship my suggestion would be "The Weatherlight". what cool names do you guys have?

Still working on the Goblins' "name" but here's a background sketch

We did not understand the ire of the masters.
When sent to learn of the skyships we did as we always have done.
Travelling in the shadows is our way.
Meeting those who travel in the shadows also, and learning what they know.
The Truth is most often wrapped in shadows we have learned and we are most adept at listening in the shadows for It.
That is how we came to be so far from Trollhaven, but not for the first time.
Many are the times the masters have sent us away from our home.
We are used to it.
It is not for us to know the thoughts of our masters, but when they send a hunter to the wilderness they are not surprised when the hunter returns with a kill for them.
We have no time for such idle thoughts when bearing the ire of the masters.
They were pleased before when we returned with the tome on the Iron Tower and no trade for it.
Equally they were pleased when the untraded Powerstones were returned to Trollhaven.
So what does it matter the size of that for which we did not trade but acquired for the masters?
Again, we have no time for such idle thoughts when bearing the ire of the masters.
Hatched in Flameburst's furnace and a trial to them, they said.
But the wind, how it sang through the skyship as we sailed it through the clouds and felt the misty kiss of the sky itself.
Is not the Song what they seek?
And knowledge of the skyships they sent for us to acquire and none would trade for it.
So we brought them the skyship without trade, and now we have the ire of the masters.

Grey Grey I'm a bit of a way through my character description. This might just have been me glossing over but what exactly is the technology level of the city engine

well troll´s have all that importance of song stuff going on so maybe welsh, skandinavian or scottish influences could be nice for names

well troll´s have all that importance of song stuff going on so maybe welsh, skandinavian or scottish influences could be nice for names
That's what I was thinking of, actually. I've been calling him Trevor in my head.

Grey Grey I'm a bit of a way through my character description. This might just have been me glossing over but what exactly is the technology level of the city engine

Hmm, well, they're kind of fantastical steampunk, so they have pretty good cybernetics, firearms - go nuts and I can always gently prune the details with you.

Okay, just realized I don't have a reference for Troll names.

I believe I made a note somewhere that Trolls are basically Welsh.
I've had Orcs and Trolls show up in games and in the tie-in novel (which you can read if you want a link) named Daffyd, Dai, Gwyneth, Rhys, Ffion, Angharad...

I believe I made a note somewhere that Trolls are basically Welsh.
I've had Orcs and Trolls show up in games and in the tie-in novel (which you can read if you want a link) named Daffyd, Dai, Gwyneth, Rhys, Ffion, Angharad...

Hmmm, a bunch of wee, green Welshmen have I? That gives me more to work with...

I'll take the novel link!

I wrote it when my ambition exceeded my ability and it was messed up by a bout of homelessness, so forgive the fact it needs a heavy edit and another.... five chapters at least.

Renamed my Goblins to "Ffau Cysgodion" = Google translated "Den of Shadows" to Welsh. They will go by "Den", but be happy to explain what the intention was behind the name they came to be called...

nice name but wouldnt the nickname be Ffau? btw how will we play? discord or in the forum istelf? ive never done that, how do we do it?

ok ive got the gist of it it but there is no example of use of items of skills to roll how will that be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back