• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shield of the Stormcircle - Characters

OOC
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
COMPLETE RULES AND SETTING INFO HERE

All Attributes start at 1. You have 60 Attribute XP. You may raise Physical Attributes and Bearing to 5; all others are capped at 4.
You can spend it according to the chart below.
Level Cost
1 0XP
2 3XP
3 6XP
4 9XP
5 12XP

All Skills start at 0. You have 60 SKill XP. Skills are capped at 6
You can spend it according to the below chart.
Level Cost
1 2XP
2 1XP
3 2XP
4 3XP
5 6XP
6 9XP
Note that Skills are general until level 3. From level 4 onward, choose a Focus - a particular area of the Skill where your character has put in extra practice. You can have multiple Foci, and the cost is the same every time you buy a new one.

Next, choose 3 Advantages. These are reflections of your background, education, and social role.
For your Familiarity, choose 3 Social Skills and a situation in which they are specially honed - for example, Courtly Manners or Criminal Gangs.
For your Knowledge, choose 3 Mental Skills and a field of study or academic practice where they are particularly focused - for example, Manatech or Crime Scene Investigation
For your Training, choose EITHER 3 Physical Skills and a particular style of engagement (or disengagement) where they're most practiced - for example, Sniping or Brawling
OR choose a Martial Art that you qualify for and select the appropriate Techniques.

Finally, apply static values like Health, Condition, or other and calculate derived stats like the combat block according to the below list. Choose 3 Gifts and apply bonuses. Apply any Living Armour bonuses.

Defence
Defence: Dexterity + Defence
Parry: Defence + Parry Focus, etc
Evade: Defence + Evade Focus, etc
Block: Defence + Shield Focus, etc

Offence
Melee: Dexterity + Melee
Ranged: Intuition + Ranged
Unarmed: Dexterity + Unarmed

Speed: Fitness + Athletics
Initiative: Speed + Composure
Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity
Physical Soak: The lower of Fitness or Strength
Magic Resistance: = Willpower + any special traits
Health: 10 Condition: 20

• Name, appearance, public persona go here.
    Backstory optional.

[tabs]
[tab=Personal]
Name, appearance, public persona go here.
Backstory optional.
[/tab]
[tab=Mechanics]
Attributes
Strength
Dexterity
Fitness

Intellect
Intuition
Willpower

Bearing
Guile
Composure

Skills[/LEFT]

[CENTER][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Mental
Academics
¬
Administration
¬
Artisan
¬
Craft
¬
Investigation
¬
Lore
¬ Fate
Medicine
¬
Survival
¬[/TD]

[TD]Social
Animal Handling
¬
Empathy
¬
Mingling
¬
Perform
¬
Persuade
¬
Subterfuge
¬
Languages
¬
¬
¬
[/TD]

[TD]Physical
Athletics
¬
Awareness
¬
Defend
¬
Melee
¬
Ranged
¬
Stealth
¬
Unarmed
¬[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[LEFT][/tab]
[tab=Advantages]
Training
Knowledge
Familiarity
[/tab]
[tab=Combat][/LEFT]

[CENTER][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Offence
Melee:
¬
Ranged:
¬
Unarmed:
¬[/TD]

[TD]Defence
Defence:
¬ Parry:
¬ Evade:
¬[/TD]

[TD]Speed:
Initiative:
Combat Pool:
Physical Soak:
Magic Resistance: [/TD]

[TD]Health: 10

Condition: 20[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[LEFT][/tab]
[/tabs]

[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Last edited:

• Name: Olimak Seska

Appearance:

54a35d4b-84c7-4851-9107-7aaf307223c8-jpeg.682145

The Scions, a varied lot for certain but identifiable through the expressions of their House. What happens though when those lines are blurred? Olimak Seska, from birth was a true to form Olimak. Her burnt umber skin, pupil-less eyes and bellowing wails marked her of the House of Wrath from birth. One could almost feel the path of Desolater laid out before her. But the paths of fate are fickle and Seska was instead exchanged into the care of House Yrva, the Greedy.

Instead of learning the ways of Yrva and being raised as an emissary between the two houses in good will, Seska was retrofitted with Yrva Helltech and made into a tool to be used for their own needs.

Seska is young, too young. Her youth evident still in how she moves, the lines of her face and body, even her voice still has the sing song taint of childhood. She is small for her age, well below Olimak average yet is still considerably muscled with her long arms and coltish legs.

Her face is forge tanned, almost toasted, and comely like most scions. Heavily freckled to the point where the freckles are the primary skin color, her brows are heavy and eyebrows remain despite the fiery eyes. Her teeth are all sharp things, fanged and predatory. Coal black hair which should have been put up in traditional braids instead falls all over the place, unkempt.

With the onset of her first Expression, Seska would be stripped of some of her normal mortal internals and skin hardening beneath the surface of her flesh. Inside her now burns a fiery blood, a pressurized blood. Her super heated, super pressurized that blood seemingly rises without stop, making Seska prone to overheating and requiring cooling.

Her second Expression, Her eyes. Seska’s eyes are quite literally the window to her soul. In essence indicator lights for her current internal pressure and heat levels. They gradually increase, going from soft dull amber to red hot coals as her levels rise, emitting steam and smoke.

Implanted throughout her body is a considerable amount of Helltech. Plugs stick out across her body, primarily on the forearms and knuckles as well as running down her spine. Each plug is sharp and spiked and designed to fasten itself into armor and allow for her internal engine to power it. The plugs are metallic and have the look of oiled brass. Each one in a constant war with her regenerating tissue as not to be rejected.

———————-

Public perception of Seska is likely a mixture of fear, revulsion, and pity. A wayward Scion, obviously one with power but yet a victim to powers beyond her understanding. Someone who has been and shall likely continue to be exploited with the chance that she’ll be strong enough to shoulder that burden and overcome it.

——————————————

What was to be an exchange to secure a truce between Greed and Wrath was destined to become a point of living contention between the two. With pomp and ceremony, the Scion children were exchanged and taken away to new holds. Each one six years of age, not to see their family again until they had become adults.

According to the Olimak, Greed has always been one of the weakest of the Houses. That weakness being what ended Seska’s time with the Yrva who had exchanged his child with the Olimak. A better deal was offered for ownership of Seska and she took it.

Delivered into the hands of a Greedlord, Seska was groomed into her first expression. Like a shrub, growth in undesirable direction would be pruned away, shaping her into what they wanted. When her blood began to boil and the pressure inside her rose, the surgeries began. Using implanted Helltech to corrupt her Expression and to funnel it through plugs, she would eventually be placed inside a device of their own design.

The large humanoid suit would be near impossible to operate without a being capable of heating the fluids that powered it. The suit had been designed ages ago and the Greedlord had wanted it operational for so very long. Now it was. A few more implantations designed to influence loyalty and subservience in Seska were the last steps. Steps that were in the end, faulty. Olimak wills burn hot, too hot sometimes. Especially in the body. Realization dawning on her for the first time, Seska melted through her restraints. In a flash of fury and speed, she broke into the armory. Leaving the remains of the Invested behind, she stole the only thing she now needed from the Yrva, the suit. Without it, she would eventually over pressurize and explode. Unfortunately the suit itself is not without the taint of Greed. It's usage for too long impacting her strength of will and when used for more than 12 hours, alerting the House to a general location. But she needs it, and it needs her. A duo built on mutual hate.

Escaping by a combination of luck, meddling from others seeing an opportunity to spite Yrva, Seska made her way to the Shadynsea and quickly resorted to a life of piracy in order to pay for the expensive upkeep to her Helltech ball and chain. Hiring herself out as a shock troop to whatever crew wanted a literal wrecking ball to dump on unsuspecting airships, she's already grown a reputation for total destruction. Nearly ten airships already destroyed by her hand, as her skill rises, so does the price.

• Ffau Cysgodion, aka "Den"
    (( appearance, public persona go here.))

Background
    We did not understand the ire of the masters.
    When sent to learn of the skyships we did as we always have done.
    Travelling in the shadows is our way.
    Meeting those who travel in the shadows also, and learning what they know.
    The Truth is most often wrapped in shadows we have learned and we are most adept at listening in the shadows for It.
    That is how we came to be so far from Trollhaven, but not for the first time.
    Many are the times the masters have sent us away from our home.
    We have grown accustomed to it.
    It is not for us to know the thoughts of our masters, but when they send a hunter to the wilderness they are not irate when the hunter returns with a kill for them.
    We have no time for such idle thoughts when bearing the ire of the masters.
    They were pleased before when we returned with the tome on the Iron Tower and no trade for it.
    Equally they were pleased when the untraded Powerstones were returned to Trollhaven.
    So what does it matter the size of that for which we did not trade but acquired for the masters?
    Again, we have no time for such idle thoughts when bearing the ire of the masters.
    Hatched in Flameburst's furnace and a trial to them, they said.
    But the wind, how it sang through the skyship as we sailed it through the clouds and felt the misty kiss of the sky itself.
    Is not the Song what they seek?
    And knowledge of the skyships they sent for us to acquire and none would trade for it.
    So we brought them the skyship without trade, and now we have the ire of the masters.
    We have grown accustomed to it.
    *sigh*

Last edited:

• Name: Paracelsus

Appearance: Currently an adult human female of older age. Skin grayed over due to necrosis, ankles and forearms covered in bandages to hide gaping wounds. Their left eye is covered with a white eyepatch, draped across neck-length red hair.

Phonograph Log 24-A
    "Immortality, the perfect preservation of the soul and body. Slaving day after day, pouring over myriad necromantic texts. Studying varied and equally inefficient methods of preserving bodily functions far beyond their limits. Tinkering and examining vast medical prosthetics, applying them to test subjects, applying them to oneself. Years and years have swept past me. They at the guild call me mad. Would you even imagine that, the gormless hypocrites. That I sought a timeless body not made steel and copper. Alas, it's only fair that those of a lesser intellect would see my goals as simple. Do you know what my superior said when I'd told him of my hypothesis? He called it pointless! Pointless! I who was a devotee of the machine without compare. Those vacuous halfwits at the guild believe my work to be lesser because I still find value in flesh and blood. Inane, excuse my language, bullshit. *sigh* I've seen a lot of things in this life. I have no long term attachments, not anymore. I will outlive those fools. End Log."

Phonograph Log 36-B
    "Motivation. Ah, today I met the most lovely magi damsel in my unending quest for information. Not in looks mind you. By all measures she looked very much like me. but in the wealth of knowledge she stored within her. I poked and prodded her on subjects to do with my venture. Enough to get what I needed, but not enough to disclose my true intentions. She was much nicer than the vast majority of boneheaded magi I'd met in my time at the guild, and she wasn't above the odd joke either. In spite of our somewhat grim topic. Ah, I digress. Either way, In my studies I'd come upon a new hypothesis. Preserving the body whilst keeping it alive is possible, yes. But far from sustainable for any reasonable period of time. But, what if perhaps the body didn't need to be kept alive. What if one's "ghost" could be isolated, so that a body is less so inhabited than piloted. But at this point, that is far above my capabilities. Will experiment further. End log."

Phonograph Log 42-A
    "Breakthrough. We have- I am currently residing on the outskirts of the agricultural district. The prototype is complete. It was nothing short of a stroke of genius, a jagged sphere that stores the soul and pierces the heart of the body, and a doorless key that unlocks the brain to be filled with another's mind. My assistant was instrumental in its creation. For future reference, that is the necromancer I'd met a while back. It required almost a year of subsequent study and work, but our progress was incomparable to anything I'd done prior to this partnership. Truth be told, she doesn't know the true intent of this device. I may have given her a few alternative truths. In the name of progress, I cannot allow something as base as an ideological disagreement impede us now. We are finalizing the device next week, and testing it soon after. I will need to calm my nerves. I am at the cusp of greatness. End Log"

Phonograph Log 50-A
    "It works, not as I'd hoped. Upon further testing we had found it is incompatible with bonework, or anything beyond a standard living body. However it seems to still function regardless of race. Another issue, significantly more troubling. Some aspect of its necromantic nature causes the body to begin deteriorating, entirely defeating the point. Frustrating. Worse yet, in my own unfortunate ineptitude, I let slip the true nature of the device and my assistant and I had a falling out. Further complications. This is an unfortunate turn of events. Unfortunate, not unrectifiable. End log."

Phonograph Log untitled
    "Fortunate. This old thing is still intact. I'd intended to use this upon the success of my experiment as a dissertation of my work process. I can't exactly return to the guild in this state- I'm unsure who would ever listen to this. I'm not sure why I'm recording honestly. The inquisition burned all my documents, without them and without her I... Me, even as her lifeless body collapsed next to me the only thing I thought of was survival. That I could live to continue my project, even if I had to don a corpse. In spite of her betrayal, she was a friend at a time. It's almost comedic that I should see her face in the mirror as opposed to mine. I'd thought I had surpassed these kinds of small minded thoughts. In my goal to ascend beyond death, I only made an unfortunate perversion of life. I only exist as this device that I had named Paracelsus, and while usable, this body is only temporary. I regret. I have known loss. These feelings are not new to me, would that I were more intelligent, I may finally learn this lesson, but I can still feel it in her still unbeating heart. The fire that set me out on this quest beckons, I am proof that a "true" Paracelsus can be created. It is possible, now more than ever."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back