• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"

Sasha hooted at Isa and hopped on his shoulder, a fluffy little weight with her little ear tuft feathers tickling his neck.

At the bookstore, James was continuing the rearranging of the many books of his shop that got disturbed when they left for their banish quest. He was finally shelving the last stacks of spell scrolls and books when he told Isa he was here. Now he was standing behind the counter with the blue crockpot in between them on the polished wooden table. "It interests me." said James, simply. "I like exploring the strange and forgotten places." he took out a roll of parchment that seemed to be a list and began crossing out some items, looking around the shop and counting the books and scrolls.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"​

Isa hummed, leaning on the desk by his elbows and held his head by his curled hands.

“If ya ever visit the Void, be careful. The space will knock ya out just for staying there within minutes.” The teen informed James, lightly rubbing Sasha’s head as he stared at the blue crockpot. “I used magic detect too. It messes ya up even more, lights bounces everywhere from nowhere, lands move and float, gravity can change depending where ya stand—- I got lucky because Loki was there and recognized me.”

”I advise ya to not go there. Not because I don’t believe in ya.” He muttered. “It’s just that dangerous to visit.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"

"Thanks for the heads up." said James, sounding a little disappointed. "On that note, when do you want me to go with you to the Sunken Temple to check the portal?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"​

Isa groaned, looking up at James with a huff. Tired. ”After I see my friend who’s coming soon. I don’t think I can handle leaving the village again, knowing that he’ll be here. Is that alright?”

”Please tell me it’s alright~” That’s when he crossed his arms and laid his head on top. Letting Sasha climb on top of his red locks if she wanted to.

Zer0 Zer0

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"

"Certainly. That's all up to you." said James, as Sasha hopped on to Isa's head and settled on the center of his hair like a nest.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Snowy Owl -
"Bird Village"​

“Thank all that’s good and ancient.” Isa sighed in relief with a droopy smile. Not minding Sasha being on his head and using his hair as a nest. “I thought ya were gonna be pushy again. You’re not as bad as I thought ya were.”

If James looked, he’d see that Isa is ready to sleep on his feet and over his desk. He is exhausted with all the worrying, anger management issues, and apparent death count with this trip alone. It sucked his energy and he just wanted to sleep...with an orca Moss...

or just Moss being nearby. As long he is okay, Isa will be fine.

Zer0 Zer0

Reunion
e315a07e1dcd11d6c97b823be387aa84.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -
"3 More Days Later, Bird Village"

James raised an amused brow at that, surprised he was being called bad. "Thanks for your honesty? Sasha, come." He put out a hand, and the little owl hopped on to the cup of his palm. He caressed her head. "Go sleep in the tavern." James added to Isa, pushing the crockpot with all he items towards him. "You look ready to pass out."

* * * *​

The days passed pleasantly in the peaceful hubbub of rustic village life in a background of small family happenings, and cool rain drizzling on cobblestone roads that left shimmering hanging droplets on the grassy flower beds among puddles that mirrored the big blue sky with the silhouettes of their floating islands overhead. Sen brought Isa up one of them on the back of a white griffin, Seifer's winged mount, Orion. They were leaping across thrilling gaps, avoiding winged predators, and hanging down climbing ropes to mine ragnite ores that day for a community project to replace the lamp posts in the village with magical lanterns. Sen explained to Isa, as he taught him how to tie knots, that magical lanterns are cheaper to maintain in the long run compared to lamps that run on oil. He also brought him here because he wanted to show him how cool it was.

They even met Kenren here in the afternoon, tending to a curtain of white orchids dangling off the edge of a ring of rocks, one of the flowers arranged in a simple bouquet safely tucked inside his oriental robes billowing in the wind. There was Seifer having a very romantic picnic with Renee too. There was pleasant music coming from a clockwork box on the grass that the couple were dancing to. Sen told Isa that Seifer was born in the Templar faction but chose to leave and live with his fiancee Renee. He along with Echo were their diplomats: Echo to the bandit warlords across Leor, Seifer to the Templar's capital of Vanar. There were even two people playing tag up here like a couple of ninjas: the violinist Serena who played in the tavern, and someone who looked remarkably like Sen, whom the smith introduced to Isa as Seth, his twin brother and the village's courier. They were close, going "Brathaaaaaaaaaa!" and doing some kind of wacky complicated hand shake salute thing and finishing each other's sentences.

On the sixth day since the banishing, Moss weary voice sounded in Isa's head saying he sees the village in the distance, but there was a loose ring of Templar soldiers camped around it. With the help of Sasha and Moss' promise to pay the Snowy Owl owner, the little owl delivered to him a spell scroll of "Disguise Self" and some velum paper and Enchanter's Ink. And so, that lunch time after some plans, there was a knock on Isa's tavern room, and there on the threshold was a tall fair-skinned auburn haired man with a close shaved beard and an absent-minded feel about him.

"Isa." he breathed in Moss' voice, and rushed to hug him.

Katsuya Katsuya
-15 Alchemical

Bought:
x1 Velum Paper and Enchanter's Ink
x1 Spell Scroll: Disguise Self

- Isa Bianchi -
“3 more days later, Bird village”​

“Hm. Welcome~” Isa mumbled, his smile grew warm as he picked up the crockpot that’s filled with rewards and pay. Leaving the Snowy Owl with a tired ‘See ya latah, James.’ and went straight to Sen about his own findings. After that, he went to bed, tucking the crockpot and recipe book in his bag that’s hidden from view.

That night, he dreamed of seeing Moss’ face once he gave him his gift. Excited and hopeful that he’ll like it.

———

Minnie perked up from her daily check up with the villagers as a whisper of a ‘Woooooooooo~’ echoed from the floating isles, shaking her head in amusement. The villager, a burly butcher, chuckled. “New kid‘s havin‘ fun, ain’t he, Missus?”

”Doing Sen’s chores no doubt.” Minnie replied, sounded annoyed but looked amused. The butcher chortled.

“Aye, Missus.“

Up in the clouds as Sen guided Orion to dodge the thrilling gaps, Isa held on with eyes wide in pure joy. His time in bird village was enjoyable! The teen was surprised to learn more about how the people lived here and even took advantage of the floating isles; Kenren in his garden with Chenglei help water the plants and Renee with Seifer, dancing together in their picnic. The twins are fun! They got to prank James once. Isa couldn’t escape fast enough from Sasha‘s tiny beak pecking his head for turning James’ face bright orange.

He won’t lie: he’s taken aback with how most of the folks here came together. Like Seifer being from Vanar and choosing to stay with Renee—— the first time he saw her face and heard her voice, Isa tripped on nothing and almost fell off the isle. He thought she was mute. Guess not. He heard that Serena was from Vanar as well, but she moved out to venture the outside and ran into Seth. Literally. Ever since, she stayed with him. Echo came from Icecrown glacier and became friends with Renee after saving her from drowning in a iced river. Chenglei came from the West as an escapee and bumped into Kenren when he tried to steal something from him. Everyone had a rough time before . . . and Isa finally understood why James is overprotective of this place.

Bird village is a place for those who didn’t have a home and opens it’s doors to anyone who wants to stay. He momentarily entertained the idea of staying a little longer . . . Or visit again should he feel weary.

On the sixth day after banishing the Tuilpost, Isa heard Moss’ voice and became excited. He tried to calm down outside, but opted to stay in his room to hide from view of the Templars. Not that they can see him, he’s just very cautious about it. Then he got to nervous, twirling his fingers together while staring out at the window after putting his coat on the chair. That’s when he heard the knock on the door.

The redhead looked over to see an unrecognizable man with a close shave by the threshold. Isa was about to ask him ‘Why are ya here?’ when he heard Moss’ voice coming out of him. The teen rushed over just as Moss did, wrapping his arms around him, and pulled him in tight. Meeting him midway.

“Moss~” Isa gasped, his relieved smile widened, and he squeezed the merman. Ahhhhh, he can feel the familiar burn behind his eyes as tears started to gather at the corners. “Moss, you’re here. You’re really here . . .”

“Come. Rest.” Isa purred quietly, not willing to let go just yet as he lightly pulled Moss inside the room and locked the door behind him. Moss can feel Isa’s heart pounding against chest as he squeezed the merman tight. “Take off the disguise. Please?” He added shyly, nuzzling his face in the crook of Moss’ shoulder and neck. Okay, he missed Moss a lot.

”ya wanna eat? There’s good food here! I can get some for us to eat? Or ya wanna sleep? You don;t have a fever, do ya?” Then Isa placed a cooling hand on his forehead to check.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -
"Isa's Room, Chickadee Tavern, Bird Village"

Moss squeezed him tight, warmly murmuring, "Filos mou." He did not stop hugging Isa, even when the door was shut. "Yes, I'm here, I miss eating with you and talking to you without having to count my words!" The illusion faded, and there he was with his silver hair and teal eyes. He looked tired, as though he had many sleepless nights and was thinner, but happy. He let himself be mothered and just dropped his backpack on the side, kicked off his boots and then sank down on the bed, relieved to finally rest after a month of hiking everyday until he was exhausted.

"I feel happy! I can't eat anything big right now, I think I might throw up. Maybe just hot soup and bread please?" he leaned on Isa's chest, breathing in his scent comfortingly and wrapped his arms loosely around his waist. "I feel like just sleeping for two days." He just stayed like that, eyes closed, looking ready to sleep. It was a little strange, but for someone who's been travelling, Moss looked like he had recently taken a bath, his hair was combed, his clothes clean as usual, as though he had made himself presentable before coming in to meet Isa. He did have new scars though, one of which looked like the scratches of many claws on his left foot, and a healed bruise on his wrist as though it had been grabbed tight by a large hand, but he was moving as normal as a healthy person.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Chickadee tavern, Bird village”​

“I feel happy too.” More than happy. His stomach has butterflies.

Isa didn’t have the heart to move away to order the food as he listened to Moss. Not when he is dead tired in his rush to get here.

He reached over to the small table and grabbed the ley message scroll; not letting go of their loose hug just yet. As Isa apologized to the server in the first floor and asked for tomato soup with bread for two, the redhead sat next to Moss. Combing through his surprising clean hair gently with a gloved hand and comfortingly supported his back with the other. His smile became warm as a sweet gleam in his eyes shined. With a hint of worry when he felt Moss’ spine slightly through his shirt.

”Ya can sleep. I’ll be here.” Isa muttered quietly in Moss’ ear, cheeks turning pink. “Come on, get some rest. Ya definitely deserve it.” Then he lightly pulled Moss to lie down, covering him with a blanket as they plopped on the bed together. With some adjustments, the redhead lied on his side by the edge of the bed, letting Moss have the rest of the small space. He tucked the only pillow under Moss’ head and kept a loose arm around his shoulder, letting the merman choose to lean away from his chest or stay there. Taking his own shoes off to be more comfortable.

“Is this okay?” Isa asked quietly, sweetly tucking a strand of white hair behind his ear before wrapping his arm around him.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' eyes went wide awake, when Isa lightly pulled him down under the covers. His face went very red, as he drew away his hands, not sure where to put them. He stuttered when Isa gave him the pillow. To be honest this was nice. It's just alarm bells went off his head about what this means, what this is. Oh my goodness he's in Isa's arms mgkjnsjgsnafjnkngjsanfg. He remained against Isa's chest with his hands curled up like a cat still not sure where he should place them. This . . . this was making him sleepy. He was still speechless. He became very shy as he looked up at Isa.

"To be honest, it's very okay." he said, looking at him searchingly, still red. He thought about how he decided he didn't want a fling with Isa out of respect since he may never see him again after this, part of him wanted to kiss him right here and now, the other rational part said don't mess this up and just find him after you've brought your friends back home. If he had a one night stand with Isa, they might leave in bitterness, but if he controlled himself until he was sure he could commit, even if they left he would have a chance. But what if Isa finds someone else by then? Who knows how long it was going to take Moss to bring his friends back home?

He really wanted a shot with Isa, so he looked away before the urge to take him overwhelmed him. Maybe just this once. Just this once, he'll sleep in his arms. And he closed his eyes, and snuggled into Isa's chest.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Sunlight peeked between the gap of the dark curtains, it’s stream touching straight on the table and the door. Having the room in a comfortable shadow. Isa’s darkened blue eyes stared back at Moss’, softening in quiet relief that he’s okay with the redhead looking after him. His breath slowed down as he breathed in the merman’s subtle ocean and clean scent. He patted his back tenderly, luring Moss to relax as he noticed the retreating arms and curled fists. Did he cross another line?

”Then sleep. I‘ll keep watch for our lunch.” Isa purred low, almost like a whisper. He smiled warmly when the merman decided to snuggle in his chest. Udufiekfldls, he is begging for his heart to stop pounding so hard-! It’ll disturb Moss’ sleep-! Don’t let him notice-! Don’t let him notice-! But he’s so close-!

The redhead took a moment to name every element in the periodic table in his mind before gingerly patting Moss’ back. Staying quiet as he slept.

Once he knew that Moss is asleep after a while, he leaned down, parted his fringes; and lightly pecked his forehead. Then he leaned away, back to where he placed his head , on his own bent arm. His face turned red as he smiled shyly.

”Sweet dreams, Moss.”

He can always wait. Moss’ health comes first.

————-​

Whenever Moss woke up, he’d see Isa lightly dozing beside him. Arm loosely wrapped around him. There was a medium sized metal hot pot on top of the table with two bowls, spoons, and a plate with a loaf of bread. There’s a small lamp with a piece of ragnite inside that’s low lighting the room. If he looked carefully, he’d even see a familiar light sheen of indigo flames on the walls, door, and window of the room; Isa’s illusion must be at work here.

Isa’s bag was gone from the table. Moss’ bag was hanging by the bed’s post at their feet‘s end. His shoes neatly stood by the bed with Isa’s boots.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
UvGO3x1.png
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss noticed. And he secretly smiled on Isa's chest, somehow feeling less nervous knowing that Isa too was nervous. The familiar smell of oil, smoky pete and oranges was comforting.

* * * *​

This was so cozy, thought Moss, and he felt safe. He had awoken around dusk feeling more chipper than he's ever had for the past month. He was in Isa's arms, and it felt nice. He slowly looked up at his lightly dozing companion. He looked so peaceful, and he thought, wouldn't it be nice to wake up like this again? Oh dear . . . Moss just realized, he's in love.

And maybe, maybe he should talk to Isa about his feelings?

Careful not to wake this lovely cinnamon bun up, Moss lifted Isa's arm off him and gently put it down. He rolled off the bed, feeling the soup pot. It had gone cold. His stomach grumbled. Wait, stomach, soup is best served hot, and so, taking a couple of minutes to cast the illusion of his disguise, Moss went down to the kitchen to have the soup heated up, taking in the jolly tavern that was slowly filling up with patrons coming in from a hard day's work. Ahhh, he really wanted to borrow a small clay stove, cook a little something in their room and boil some tea, but he didn't want to fill the room with smoke, nor did he want to open the window.

Moss sneaked back in with the small pot steaming and piping hot. He decided not to wake Isa up and ate ravenously. It wasn't enough. Though he was loathe to trade any loot, Moss in the end decided to spend for a nice dinner of beef and potato pottage, and a whole crispy quail drizzled in tomato sauce, which he quietly ate in the room. There were now two more empty plates licked clean beside Isa's share of the hot pot soup and bread. Moss, finally sated, sat back on the bed, watching Isa sleep.

Night came on and with it the light rain that had been pouring for the past few days. Whenever Isa woke up, he'd find Moss sitting beside him reading Ninjas of Love I: Honorable Intentions, under soft candle light. He seemed to be reading the last chapter at last. He had changed out of his travelling clothes and wore a light-loose fitting set of trousers and a collarless shirt patched at the elbows. He didn't look tired anymore, rather he looked very content. The most content he's seen him since they started travelling more than a month ago.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa groaned lightly, lids fluttering open as he blinked the sleep away. Suddenly he sat up, looking around with a panic in his eyes until he spotted Moss. He relaxed with a quiet sigh, tense shoulders slumped in his relief. With a bed head and red fringes veiling over his left indigo eye, the motorist looked wild. Like a bad boy with a dangerous tendency to jump into trouble. Leaning on one arm and lazied about like a happy cat under the sun as he smiled warmly at Moss.

”Feeling better, I see~” He motioned over the table, seeing a second empty plate, and chuckled quietly. “Ya didn‘t throw up dinner, didja?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss jumped, startled. "I'm here, I'm here." he reassured Isa, chuckling, patting his shoulder. Darn he looked so handsome. Moss buried his nose in his book again, a little red. "No, I didn't, thank you for the soup. I ate ahead." he added apologetically. "I was hungry when I woke up, and didn't want to wake you." he closed his book. "So, Isa, how been?!" he grinned, we can finally talk properly.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled, happy. Moss is adorable. “No problem. I’m relieved that ya ate so much, mou filos~.” He purred at the end. Then he got off of bed to grab a bowl full of soup. Perking up now that he didn’t need to count his words to talk anymore.

”Weeellllllll~” The redhead “Thief we’re looking for was here. Templars looking for him. I got half of his mask after banishing the Tuilpost —- I should see if there’s something weird about it.” His spoon clinked on the bowl’s rim as he reached under the bed, shaking his bag a bit to retrieve the broken mask.

“Also found out that the thief disguised as you to lure the Tuilpost and killed people for reasons that I’m still iffy about. It’s been a rollercoaster, Moss. Only good things is everything stopped, villagers showed me around, and you, so yea. Life is a mess.” Yep, he missed talking longer with Moss. “How’s been with you?”

He listened to Moss as his eyes glowed, looking at the mask in front of him to see if there’s something weird about it.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss chuckled. "That's like saying 'friend my', filos mou. And that. Is a lot to unpack --- what? Disguised as me to kill people? What do I have to do with anything?" he asked, flabbergasted and shocked. His face was used to kill people.

"Compared to you, my worries have just been, well, okay I wasn't really honest with the danger, but I've just been tired most of the month. Half of it I was mourning you. I thought you went somewhere I couldn't reach you. I thought you died, but I had to check --- I actually thought, maybe you got splinched? As in a part of your body got left behind in Windshear?" he shook his head at the thought. "And then when I got the message, I was so happy you have no idea, I whooped for joy from the mountain top." he laughed. "Wow, that was such an adventure . . ." he reminisced.

The mask was faintly shrouded in magic long gone. The damage to it probably broke the spell. It was a Mask of Many Faces, and had been enchanted with the Disguise Self spell. The imprint of the caster's magic wasn't the same as the imprint of whoever cast magic to replace the disturbed dust back in Therias' room, rather the imprint of whoever enchanted this mask was the same as the ones Isa saw on the masks sold in the Swiftsong home.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa sheepishly grinned at Moss from his mistake. “A-ah...whoops. Thank you, filos mou. —- Ah! That guy was looking for an escape goat and unfortunately, ya were it. Used the Tuilpost to chase him into a Templar post by Cliffdrift village and killed others.” He shook his head.

“James knows you’re innocent and knowing him, he probably told the Inquisitor of the findings in the investigation.”

As he listened to Moss’ adventures and admittance to the amount of danger he went through, the redhead stared at the broken mask and frowned. Confused at the implications before a light bulb lit in his mind; to Moss, he looked like a cat who‘s attention was caught by a toy mouse with ears perked up. Then he looked at the merman, brows furrowed as he reached over to comfortingly patted his hand that’s over the book he was reading.

“I’m sorry for worrying ya when I went missing, but ya were right! I was in the Void where Ancient Loki lived and he found me- he gave back my blessin’ too-!” Putting the mask down, Isa pulled back his sleeve and revealed dark ink bands around his wrists and part of his hand. His grin widened at the sight.

”I can finally demon hunt again, but I still need that book. I tried to contact ya but...um.....” Isa looked away, his face turned red as he realized what he was about to say. He shouldn’t tell Moss that he was in his dream and kissed him-! He shouldn’t-!!

”W-well, I almost drowned in the sea by the Sunken temple and finally contacted ya through James. Was the only way I could too.” Isa muttered as he looked back down at the mask.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"That's good, I hope he explains it to the families who lost loved ones. I wouldn't want an entire village think I killed their friends and family." said Moss, still in disbelief.

He perked up in interest when Isa showed him his tattoos. "That's great, Isa! Who would have thought that a mistake would send you there. I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise." He placed a hand on Isa's that was above his own. "Hey, I don't blame you, I understand. None of it was your fault, you did your best with the portal, I mean it looked entirely fine before we stepped in." He smiled. "So tell me, what was Loki like? He has hands to tattoo you with?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I don’t know, to be honest. I just know that he told the Inquisitor and gave me part of the bounty from the Templars.” Isa explained, his lips pinched. “I’ll ask James about it, then go back to Cliffdrift village about the mask.“

He perked up at the change of topic, grinning wide and in excitement as he described Loki to Moss. “He was huge! And really bright with magic detect like the sun. He looks ominous but is actually very nice. Amiable and friendly. He tends to reflect and mirror images, so he changes into me sometimes—-ah, no! He didn’t use hands to give me his blessin‘, but he does have hands.” Isa tried his best to describe the Ancient in glee, waving his arms around while telling Moss about the Void in wonder.

”I love to meet him again, but I’m scared to tear another hole between realms.” Isa shuttered. “I stayed there for a few minutes and bam-! I fall asleep for seventeen days. It’s bonkers. I can see why the portals are ruined now...too dangerous when ya don’t know what you’re doing.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I'll go with you. I need to clear my name properly too." said Moss.

After that he was in awe, just entirely amazed listening how Isa was able to meet his Ancient face to face, in The Void. And what the land was like, and what Loki was like. "True, you could have ended up somewhere else, but I think you'll be fine." said Moss confidently. "Still, let's not do that again unless we're reeeeaaaally sure that the portal works."

He sat in silence for a bit, enjoying the sound of the rain pitter-pattering on the window glass. He looked at the mask. "It's good that you finally have a lead to cure your miasma." he looked at his book, thinking. "Isa, how long will you stay in this village?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Not too long. It’s nice here, but there’s a chance that thief will be somewhere else.” Isa replied as he put the now empty dirty bowl on the table and plopped back on the bed. Sitting with his legs crossed in a lotus position.

“Why? Imma guess it’s about ya goin’ to where ya need to go, yea?” Isa asked, his impish grin softened in understanding.

Zer0 Zer0

Moss Adamaris -

"You guessed it." That was a very deep sigh Moss gave. He sighed again and looked at Isa like he was going to lose him. "I'll probably leave three weeks from now. Do you . . . want to hang out? O, and is it really safe here? The village is surrounded by Templars."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa looked down at the bed, thinking before looking at Moss. Grinning half-heartedly. “It’s safe here. Minnie don’t let the Templars come inside the village. They’re only around to catch the thief too ... But I don‘t trust their words.” He snorted at the memory of the Inquisitor and his threat. Then he sighed and smiled at Moss.

”Yea, I wanna hang out before ya go. Ya still need to teach me how to swim too.” Isa reminded him, poking his shoulder in a sassy manner. “Would love to not drown for once~”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"O, yes, the sea was wonderful! Not as cold as the Atlantean Ocean, but still big, blue, and beautiful!" said Moss excitedly. "We can go anytime you want. And I wanted to ask if you're okay if we cook here? I'll borrow a clay stove. Though it's going to fill the room with smoke, and we may have to open a window, or something. I asked the cook of the tavern earlier if I could borrow her kitchen, but the tavern's too busy."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back