• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Frozen Mine -
"Mysterious Portal, Heart of Windshear Mountains "

He overstepped a boundary and it got Moss hurt. Arrrgh!

Isa looked away when Moss explained his reasoning to not be close to him, nodding in understanding. He frowned softly, guilt pierced his chest. “Yea. Okay.” He quietly sighed and stood up as well, wanting to help Moss up, but instead pushed Smoky off it’s side. Then he kicked the footholder so the bike can lean on it to stand on it’s own as he checked on it. See if there’s any damages.

“She’s fine, but we should wait a bit before you ride her again.” Isa pointed at Moss’ forehead. “You have a bump on your head and you were dizzy. I rather not have you flying again for something we can avoid. Wait here.” The teen quickly jogged out of the tunnel, out of Moss’ view. He can hear a rip from their camp site and after a few more quick steps, a few cracking sounds.

When he came back, Isa offered Moss a little purple ice pack; a familiar purple cloth with ice wrapped inside. “Here, put this on your head for now—-maybe you should sit for a few minutes.” He made sure to not be close to Moss, in case he got uncomfortable again.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Nooooo, he did not mean to have Isa not touch him. Well, he meant that, but not all the time. He looked about guiltily, thinking of what he could do to repair this, as Isa went off to get something. Then he heard the ripping and realized. He is tearing something? Wait. He looked at his shoudler. Torn purple cloth. And then Isa came out with a purple ice pack. He tore his clothes for him!

"Er . . ." he accepted the ice pack and put it immediately on the bump on his head. "Thanks." he stared at Isa for a moment.

He put a hand on his shoulder. " . . . "

He did not think beforehand about what to say. Only that he did not want to make Isa feel like he should stay away. But how do you do that without being weird and awkward and not give away your feelings?

"The no-touch learning . . . only applies during learning. So, other times, like this right now. Touching is okay."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

“Welcome.”

Isa flinched when Moss placed his hand on the redhead’s shoulder. He stared at the hand, confused. Didn’t Moss not want to be touched? Oh . . .

Well this is awkward and embarrassing.

”O-okay.” He muttered quietly. Then he hesitantly reached out to hold on Moss’ elbow in case he fell over, staring at the ground and shoes. “Um . . . You should sit.” Didn’t Moss have a cut on his leg?! Isa silently fussed over the merman, peeking under the purple cloth he placed to check on the burn, and asked if his leg needed another bandage.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"No, I'm perfectly fine." said Moss, sitting next to Isa, shoulder to not-injured shoulder to further emphasize that touching was okay.

Only the faint pop of dying embers from their campfire in the other chamber, the howling of the wind outside, and the shifting of ice as Moss adjusted the purple pack on his forehead could be heard in the peaceful afternoon silence. Droplets of cold water trickled down his face, Moss closed his eyes, enjoying the moisture.

A few flurries of snow swirled inside the mine, making what little of the shafts of afternoon light dappling the tunnel floor flicker. Shadows sometimes passed by from rolling clouds, and in the distance, very faint, wolf howls echoed in the foggy valley.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

He stared at the shoulder contact. A corner of his lips quirked up as he nodded. “Okay.” Moss can feel a slight nudge from Isa’s shoulder. The redhead sat still, listening to the sounds around them as they relaxed within their little bubble. His indigo eyes peeked at the merman through his lashes and red fringes, following the droplets as they trailed down from the curve of his pale cheek to the point of his chin. Then he looked up to see the off white lashes fan out on said cheek—- it’s like snowflakes gently falling on a mound.

Realizing what he was doing, Isa looked away. His ears turning red. Okay, fine. He can admit that Moss is not just attractive. He’s hardy, acrobatic, his curiosity is enjoyably cute, and learned how to adapt his surroundings. Plus Moss is such a good friend and he is so much fun—- he trolls back! The merman has a sense of humor! The redhead can go on and on and rave all he wants in his head, but...it’s just very awkward to admit his feelings towards the merman when he recently told Moss that he wasn’t flirting when he was.

Isa did not want to make Moss feel awkward around him! Not when he found out that Moss has that belief of every land dweller trying to hit on him too! No! The redhead refuses to be like the rest, but he still ended up flirting with him anyways-

While he was having a mental crisis about his growing feelings towards his companion, Isa nonchalantly summoned a small ball of fire from the dying flames. Playing with it like he usually does with the jumping sparks. Dazed eyes staring at the flames that’s between his hands. Not noticing that he was starting to shiver.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

You know how when you start to like someone, the little things you did that you didn't really think about now becomes something you overthink? Well, Moss felt that way, when he felt Isa shivering beside him. His teal eyes opened and glanced down at Isa, and he did not know if it was right to put his winter coat over his shoulders or put an arm around him --- no, that was definitely not normal --- and if doing such a thing would give away his feelings.

He didn't know what to do with this crush, it just happened. At first he was annoyed, thinking here was another person flirting-messing with him again. And then he got to know Isa and learned that he was alright.

He noticed it. The blushing. The awkwardness. It felt like the feelings he had were being reciprocated, but that the two didn't know each other that well to be sure, so they were feeling each other out so to speak with little actions.

He thought of The Highlands. That was where the two will probably part. Where he was going next he can't tell Isa nor involve him. Starting something and just leaving after a couple of weeks or days isn't something he wanted to do to Isa. A fling sounds nice, but he respected the biker too much that he considered that an insulting way to treat Isa. Isa who is so nice to him.

Moss shrugged off his winter coat and placed it over the biker's shoulders.

"Hey, Isa, once you've found your uncle and dealt with him, what do you plan to do next?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

“Hm?” Isa snapped out of his daze, suddenly feeling warm, and looked at the reason. Then he smiled gratefully at Moss, cheeks hinting pink as he pulled the winter coat close with a hand. “Thank you.” He muttered, resisting the urge to nuzzle in the winter coat. Gosh, it smells like Moss too...

Focus! He just asked a question! Answer him!

The redhead shrugged his shoulders, one of his shoulders rubbed on Moss’. “I haven’t thought of it that far yet...live life, I guess.” He sighed. “That’s if I survive from seeing my uncle again. What about you? After building this machine of yours and visiting home, what will you do?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

Moss smelled like wood smoke and tea.

"After I return my friends home, hmmm . . . . " He stretched his legs and clasped the ice pack in both hands. ". . . To tell you the truth, I like having legs. I miss the ocean, but I wouldn't want to give up having legs. I think that I will live here on land, travel in my own little food caravan, hunt for the most amazing ingredients and set up shop in the unlikliest places. Surprise people. Are you lost in the middle of bandit territory? You'll find me serving seafood pasta there. Up in the alpines? I am simmering up some spicy wild cheese curry ramen!" Moss had a dreamy far away look on his face.

"At least once a year, I'll visit all my friends if they'll let me, and I'll cook for them, regale them with my wild adventures. I'll visit you too, Isa, we can cook together and you can tell me all about the ancient ruins you delved and what happened to them. We can even go to the ruins and I'll feed you, keep you warm, clean your clothes. Speaking of which, do you want me to put your clothes in the bag of folding later today?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa looked surprised, turning to stare at Moss with a raised brow. A corner of his lips quirked up into a soft smile. “I won’t lie: that sounds amazing. Traveling around to cook for others and having adventures to look for rare ingredients.“ He chuckled, leaning on the wall behind them with a huff.

”Let me know if you want a traveling partner or a roommate. I would love to have adventures with ya again.” Isa offered, closing his eyes with a relaxed smile. “I can teach ya some of the new technology I find along the way or new lost languages and create new spells. I’m guessing being a prince for you is too stuffy and boring? —- Oh! Yea, sure. Thank you.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

"Yeah, the throne was a heavy burden I didn't want to inherit. I never liked the life planned for me. It was always, 'a prince does this'," He mimicked a stern pompous voice, "'a prince doesn't do that'. Nobody asked what I wanted to be. 'Mermen don't cook, that's for mermaids!' You're going to cut yourself!' . . . And whole afternoons just spent studying politics." Moss groaned, putting the ice pack back on his forehead. "The only books I want to read are cook books and romance novels."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa chuckled, hiding his smile under the winter coat as Moss mimicked a voice. “That’s such a loss for them. You’re an amazing cook. I’m surprised that they didn’t think of nurturing your skill in the kitchen like send ya to a food trade adventure and try out all of the allied countries’ dishes. Or learn how to make medical dishes — ya know? The dishes that use specific spices and herbs to give boosts of energy? Those. I think that would open up your knowledge in trade in an enjoyable manner and bring back a healthy way for patients with weak stomachs. Same in politics, knowing the dishes from other countries will make the visiting representatives feel at home and believe you’re makin’ an effort to know them more—- ah! Sorry.”

He stared at the tiny fire orb in his hand, swiveling it around in his rough palm. His lips pinched as he awkwardly grinned. “I know I talk too much when I’m comfortable. The head of my Sect would remind me to hold my sharp tongue whenever I was under his care while Mom was away. Gramps would bonk me with a scroll I when I don’t listen.” Isa chuckled fondly. “Um...but yea! I don’t blame ya for wanting to be free from people who always say ‘No.’ to ya.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Isa hummed as memories washed over. His awkward grin softened to one of melancholy.

”It was okay. Traveling around Forbidden forest to do hunts. It wasn’t easy for mom, she always had to ask the neighbors to watch over me while she took care of business. There was a close call that ended up with me hiding within tree roots that a wandering demon couldn’t reach in, Mom made a hard choice. She went to the Sect head and pleaded for me to have Loki’s blessing; markings that protected the body from demon miasma. At first he said no. There is a rule dictating that only people above a certain age can receive the blessing and I was 5 or 6 years old. But she somehow convinced him after weeks. He even designed the tattoos for me while mom made her prayer to Ancient Loki.” The redhead chuckled.

”After that, Gramps let’s me stay at the library or takes me to see the ruins nearby. Taught me how to use basic illusions. Scolded me whenever I commented the higher ups about something. Once, I put itchy leaves on his seat for pinching my cheeks and he’d scratch his butt all day. Hehehe!”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss laughed. "Was your grandpa the one who taught you the lullaby you hum every now and then?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa shook his head. “My mother did. Gramps would crack glass if he sang.“ Then he sighed.

”Whenever I miss her, I’d sing that lullaby. Kept hoping she‘d be able to hear me, but I know better...”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Isa sighed again and reached up to pat on Moss’ hand. Appreciating the comfort. “It’s okay. Once I deal with my uncle, mom will be at peace soon after.”

He smiled at the merman. “I’m still gonna help ya with sending your friends too.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss felt a couple of butterflies in his stomach. He smiled. "Thanks, I think I'm ready to try riding Smoky again." He stood up. "I went to the tavern on some of the nights you were singing. You have a nice voice, Isa. You got a lot of good things from your mom. And getting to know you, I think she raised you well and would be happy to know what a kind man his son has grown to become."

After that, Moss spent a few hours just trying to balance longer and longer on Smoky with his legs off the mine floor. It was hard with the slick ground. He could balance for seven seconds at most before needing to put his feet down.

He cooked a late lunch together with Isa after that, telling him that he'd like to know what he would like to eat for the next few weeks once they arrive in The Highlands and are finally able to shop in a marketplace. They can decide on a menu together, instead of just Moss deciding what the two would eat.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Is he breathing? He’s not dreaming, is he? He is not running —- why is his heart beating so fast?! It hurts!

Moss said his singing voice is nice . . .

Isa froze in place with wide eyes, staring at Moss in disbelief. His entire face, neck, and ears turned red. He mindlessly wondered if this is how it feels to be super happy from a simple compliment from a crush. When he finally snapped out of his happy daze, the redhead helped the merman have a better idea of where to balance, understanding that ice is hard to balance on with Smoky. He suggested that they can practice more at the highlands, believing it will be easier for the merman. “I’m sure with the dirt and grass, you’ll have better friction and a stable ground to roam around on.” He concluded, smiling warmly.

When Moss asked what he’d like to eat, Isa perked up. Once again, surprised. The merman usually make the choices without his input. ‘Ahhh~ be still, my beating heart or you’ll give us away~’, he thought as he replied to Moss’ question. “Hmm...you still have to show me Maki rolls so, Maki! And chicken and-“

Isa is wearing his coat again and the merman can see two tears at the bottom of his coat. Not that Isa was hiding it as he was reviving the fire pit. His darkened hands practically caressing the flames up as if he was trying to get it to breathe air again and come back to life.

”We should probably put the pieces in the portal as soon as we can.” Isa said, sitting next to Moss’ legs. Gently swaying side to side.

Zer0 Zer0

The Void
adfe6c289e97525c30cd21c1008c1359.jpg
- The Void -

Moss agreed to that. He was looking forward to shopping with Isa. He also secretly took note of his tattered coat too. He though of maybe a sewing kit and some purple cloth first, before buying that crockpot he's always wanted.

Two days passed. Moss helped Isa fix the portal, studiously observing what the biker did. It was hard. The mechanism was complex, and many a times they wondered why it wasn't working even though they were both sure that they did it right. Moss provided hot tea for the both of them while they worked. During the moments where it was only Isa who could do something and Moss was just left to watch, he'd plop his wintercoat on Isa, while he guarded him in his fluffy orca form. No danger came close to them up here in the cold peak of the mountain. In the valley below, the giants seemed to have given up searching for Smoky and went about their lives herding mammoths, making cheese. There were some fur clad nomads that had passed through the valley. Taurens from the look of them. They bore gifts for the giants who let them pass after trading some goods.

On the night of the second day, the portal surged with blue lightning, sparks shocked around the ring, there a muted boom like an inward thunder, and for a moment everything around heated up, as the reality before them burned away like Isa's flames, revealing a blackness --- Moss-orca had hurried to Isa and hugged him, shielding him with his bulk --- and then the blackness shrunk in on itself and disappeared. The portal was still once more. Moss had thought it was going to explode, but no it had worked. It actually worked. They actually fixed an ancient portal!

And so, on the morning of the third day they got ready to leave for The Highlands. This was so amazing, this was so scary. They activated the portal again, and this time it was steadier than yesterday. Flames ate up their reality and opened a blackness of vast space. Peeking through the blackness were glimpses of some sort of ancient ruined stone overgrown with vines. The Sunken Temple.

Moss grinned at Isa nervously and put a hand on his shoulder. He just needed to hold something. And when they were ready, they stepped in together.

Isa could tell something was wrong when he couldn't feel Moss' hand on his shoulder anymore. For a fraction of a moment, it was like he was falling in cold darkness with no knowing which was up or down. And then he blinked. And his feet hit solid ground. Only . . . the ground everywhere else was floating.

Where was he?

Moss wasn't beside him, nor was Smoky. If Isa looked behind him, there was nothing but a tall obelisk of stone. Beneath him, ancient sigils carved around a circle faintly glowing a pink red, now fading like embers being blown out. In front of him . . . In front of him shattered lands floated past in a world of dark mist, shadows, and a light that seemed to come from everywhere, and nowhere all at once? It seemed to change wherever Isa looked, and sometimes when he stepped, gravity would slide him somewhere else and then the whole world would realign dizzily. Beneath the floating shards of land there was nothing but the deep abyss and that strange light. And even strangely still, were the sounds. It was like being underwater.

What does Isa wish to do?

Katsuya Katsuya

a811876bd920c913e682c67975bea888.jpg

- The Void -

“Oof!”

Isa stared at the black void with one eye as the rest of his being is hugged tight by a fluffy orca, hugging back in a momentary urge to snuggle in the fur. Blinking owlishly as the void just inverted itself and bam-! The portal is working again! Popping his head out, the redhead couldn’t help himself but proclaim. “Holy cheese balls on sweet bread pop tart...”

Finally! After so much hard work, injuries, and studying this machine, the portal is working!

So on the third day, when he felt Moss’ hand on his shoulder, Isa looked at him and grinned impishly. Confidence shining through his indigo blue eyes as he reached up pressed down the merman’s hand in comfort. “We’ll be okay, Moss.” Never had he‘d been so wrong.

As soon as they walked in —- Isa thinking about how to repay Moss back with all his assistances and sneaking glances at him —- the redhead continued to walk. Even when he felt like something was wrong, he didn’t stop walking. It was weird, knowing that Moss had his hand on his shoulder only for it to disappear under his own hand. Then he fell down, his stomach jolted up in reaction to his panic. Heart pounding against his ears, sounding like drums as he felt the cold winds sharply pierce through his shirt and pants and boots.

Next thing he knew, after blinking, Isa found himself in a ... strange land? If he should even call it a land as he realized it’s more of a floating island with glass shards of other floating islands around it. The beams of light were the strangest of all, bouncing everywhere from nowhere. It was like someone held a spotlight in different areas and no one was manning them, leaving them on in different hues of the same off-white beam. “Moss?” He called out, looking around him. Behind he saw the large pillar of obelisk and under him is a dying glow of a red circle, ancient sigils written around it. Isa cupped around his mouth.

”Moss?!”

’Moss-!’ Echoed back the open space. He is not in a cave and yet it sounded like he was. Weird.

”Moss?! MOSS- Woah!” Isa suddenly felt his feet slipping as if something just grabbed the gravity around his leg and yanked him to the left. Causing him to fall on the unexpectedly soft ground, hearing his voice echoing back. Again, weird. A suspicious thought popped in his head, having a theory of what this place could be, but he just couldn’t believe it. Not yet. It shouldn’t be possible for him, of all people, to come to the place he is thinking. The redhead pushed himself up to stand, careful and slow in case the gravity decided to yank him around, and took a deep breathe. “Okay. Okay. Just...just relax and focus your surroundings.”

Then he searched, his once invisible flames became visible as they rippled on the ground. Slow indigo flickers licked and tickled on every surface Isa could reach within this strange floating island. Isa can see all the different colored flames, smoke, and hazes around him-

Making him feel dizzy.

”. . . Imma feel sick,” Isa muttered, regretting his action. Too many colors to keep track and yet somehow they flowed and melded together perfectly. It’s too much.

”O Ancient Loki, guide me through here.” He prayed. Sounding oddly loud.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- The Void -

2.jpg

A giant hooded skull impossibly large, with hollow eyes loomed silently out of the mist, casting Isa in shadow. It was upside down. "Well, well, well . . ." , said the voice of a man. A pale mouth grinned wide under the hood, reaching past the hollow eyes. Suddenly, Isa's stomach jumped up as his hair dropped towards the sky. Now Isa was upside down, but he wasn't falling? A large skeletal palm as wide as a lake with three fingers opened underneath him, close enough not to hurt if he fell.

"This is a pleasant visit, I haven't seen your face so clearly since more than a year ago. I miss you, my child."

Isa's fiery vision was encompassed by the blazing blue sun of the entity before him. White hot and swirling in a furious maelstrom, and in the center behind the mask, visible only through his spell, the brightest points were three eyes swirling with rings of ancient runes. And in the depths of the pupils was a cat like slit, where stars winked in and out. They seem to pull Isa's gaze inside, to be lost in them. He swore he saw himself looking back at him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Void -

Isa flinched at the sight of the blazing blue sun in the shape of this giant entity, once again falling down. He expected to hit the ground but instead he...floated? No. He‘s upside-down. Opening his eyes wide, the redhead stared back at the large bright eye sockets, getting sucked in, and seeing a reflection of himself-

This voice-!

”Ancient Loki!” Isa grinned wide, giving his respects by humbly bowing his head. “I miss you too. I’m sorry for the disconnect but please know that it wasn’t because I wanted to disconnect.”

It felt really good to speak with him once more, clear and focused unlike in his dreams. Isa stopped using his spell and peeked up shyly. Like a timid child to a grandparent they haven’t seen in a long time. “I can explain if you like, Sir.”

Zer0 Zer0

- The Void -

The ancient bowed his head to Isa in turn. "I know. I've seen you in your dreams, Isa Bianchi. How you've struggled." Then he chuckled, the voice echoing everywhere. "There is no sirs between us, call me Loki as you have always called me Loki." The great pale hand underneath him, wiggled as though encouraging Isa to drop onto the Ancient's palm. "And I would like to know what happened. Come, let's go talk in a more homey place. I am very interested to know how you came into the void."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- The Void -​

Isa looked down, wincing at the mention of his nightmares. He shouldn’t be surprised that Loki knew of what he went through. The ancient would have felt their connection stretched and had to snap it before the worst happened to his child.

Encouraged, Isa attempted to drop onto Loki’s hand and drop, he did. Unceremoniously, he landed on his front, limbs sprawled, and he chuckled in embarrassment. Quickly sitting up as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Of course, Loki.“

Over the years, the ancient noticed something about his children. A trait that always appeared most on the youths and slowly restrained as they grow older: curiosity. Isa was no different as he is the youngest even among the youthful children. The redhead constantly looked around, gaping at the oddities as he leaned on a finger. “It really is the Shadow Veil.” He muttered, chuckling. “Gramps would get a heart attack if he heard about this.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back