• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

anton-fadeev-magmar-main-menu3-public-1600-logo.jpg
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

"This is Whipped Cream." said Kenren. The white chocobo kweh at Isa in interest, nibbling his hair. Its eyes, plumped by its chubby cheeks seemed to slightly look at different directions. "He's not very bright, but he's brave and loyal." he patted the chocobo's neck. "Take good care of Isa now, alright?"

Kweh said the chocobo, nibbling Kenren's hair, before staring at Isa, then flapping its wings sending a powerful gust of air and dust around them and trilling, Waheehoo!

The two other chocobos trilled waheehoo! loudly. Kenren smiled proudly.

Once Renee and Echo picked their mounts, James gathered them all. "Here's the plan." He spread out a map of The Highlands and the eastern borders of Windshear."The monster last sightings were here chasing your friend two weeks ago," he pointed at the eastern border close to the Thousandcut Badlands. "And here, four days ago where it attacked Cliffdrift village." He pointed at a spot in the mountains south of the Merchant's Highway and very close to the badlands. "We'll begin our search there, but if we ever encounter anyone on the road, we must ask them if they've seen the monster. If all goes well, we'll get to the village in two days. Now, is everyone ready?"

Once all the question were answered, and they said their good-byes and well wishes: Johnny gave Echo a tight hug that felt like he wasn't going to let go anytime soon, kissing her face all over; Seifer kept caressing Renee's hair and cradling her in his arms worriedly, before kissing her hands and saying may they be strong and bring her and everyone back safely. James cantered around them on the silver stag, and said, "Let's ride!"

And off they sprang down the dirt road, pass the Templar camps, trailing dust and wind in their passing.

The weather was clear and sunny. It was quite different from the harsh foggy weather of Windshear. The Highlands was a jungle, great sprawling roots and moss on the muddy leafy floor, rising into root bridges with huge umbrellas of mushrooms growing at the side of the giant bark and flowers that smelled very sweet. The wide fan like canopies of the trees and curtains of vines cast their cool shadows on the riders, as the chocobos happily trilled as they leaped over the gaps of giant roots, following the bounding stag.

Night came early under the thick trees. The air warm and humid, with the smell of wet vegetation, and the calls of exotic creatures waking up into the night. James summoned floating wisps of ember flames, saying that they will press on through the night and just rest in the morning. The chocobos looked tired after a whole day of riding, but obediently kept going at a slower more careful pace, as night blanketed them.

Every now and then Whipped Cream would look back at Isa, or the sky, or something at the side of the path, while still somehow managing to see where he was running, as he followed the others; James always sent Sasha ahead of them, and once or twice he led them off the path, around the thick undergrowth that scratched at their boots or forced their chocobos to duck under arching roots or wade through swampy water, and then back on to the road again. He seemed to know his way around well, for though they spotted predators in the distance slinking around, they did not encounter them head on in their journey.

That night Moss didn't message Isa again, and the morning after that. Finally on the sunset of the second day, they reached the foot of the mountain where a roaring waterfalls stared down at them from a sheer cliff side. Here wooden homes, with plants and vines covering their roofs with oil lamps glowing from their windows, hung precariously from the rocky mountain side on wooden platforms that jutted out in the open air and supported by zig-zagging wooden stilts. Rope and stick ladders hung everywhere, many of which, connected to a small floating island about a ten minute jog away from the cliffs.

Isa could see that this floating island was like a jigsaw puzzle to the cliff side as though it had once was part of it, but was now floating away. He could see, as the mountain ranged moved northwards, that this part of The Highlands was were the land got its name, for in the distance, chains of floating islands hung above the half shattered mountains. It was beautiful. If he looked back towards the bird village, he could see the silhouette of more of those floating islands above there too, flying much higher than the ones in this mountain range that they were above the clouds.

"Alright, everyone," said James, "we'll make camp close to Cliffdrift village, there and rest for a while, then we'll begin our investigation. Renee, Echo you two ask around the lower cliffs and talk to the elders, me and Isa will search the higher cliff residences and talk to the survivors of the monster attack."

c4cadc65b275a8e73a61baad7e25dc59.jpg

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Isa chuckled when Whipped Cream nibble on his hair, feeling the light tugs. He squinted his eyes as all three chocobos flapped their wings. “I think he’s smart, just creative in his approach.” The teen petted the chubby chocobo, mimicking their calls. ‘Waheewoo’.

After knowing their travel plans, the teen asked James if he could buy the ley message scroll now before they left. “It’s just in case we get separated or something happened, I would be able to communicate.” He reasoned as the women said their goodbyes to their beaus. Echo hugged back, giggling and gave kisses back on Johnny’s face. Mumbling comforts in his ears. Renee cooed, holding onto Seifer as he cradled her, and leaned down to kiss his forehead. Trilling softly as she lovingly cupped his cheeks. Then when James said it’s time to go, all three mounted on their chocobos, tightened their items on the saddles, and rode off; Renee chirping goodbyes.

Isa had fun riding on Whipped Cream, laughing whenever he randomly hopped in his runs. It was a different feeling compared to riding Smoky, his bike. Less rumbling and more ‘kwee’s. During night, the teen muttered an invisibility spell over the group as James sent Sasha, avoiding the predators that were slinking around. He became worried when Moss didn‘t talk with him that night. Same in the morning. He prayed to Loki, asking again if he could see what’s Moss up to once he’s asleep, and prayed to Moss’ spirit guide to guide him.

”This place is beautiful.” Isa awed mindlessly. Echo peeked over her shoulder with a smile. “Look behind you.”

”Hm? ...Woah~” And now he understands why the Highlands is called the Highlands, staring at the high isle that floated past the clouds. Isa wondered if it’s possible for people to live up there with the high altitude. Just as James told them to stop and make camp, Isa immediately hopped off of Whipped Cream to lead him and the other chocobos to drink water by a small waterfall that streamed over a ledge; leaving a snack for them munch on too. Then he helped set up a tent for both James and him nearby so he can keep an eye on them. The chocobos may be trained, but he rather not risk a chance to lose one, having a feeling that Kenren will be sad.

Echo went to look for sticks and stones to make a fire pit. Renee is setting up another tent before stuffing it with the women’s bags. Isa sat next to Snuggles, letting the purple chocobo snuggle his head as he took out some written notes. Brows furrowed up as he tried to focus on his reading, petting Snuggles and Whipped Cream when they decided to snuggle him.

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Snuggles the purple chocobo was happy someone was accepting her snuggles, and soon Isa's hair was askew from the birb rubbing her cheek all over his head, eventually ending up curled around him, sleeping with her head on his lap, satisfied from all the petting. Whipped Cream was tired too, and had Isa tucked under his wing like a protective hen, his head tucked under the other wing; Arrow the red chocobo didn't look tired at all and was following Echo and playing peek-a-boo with her; James meanwhile had gone ahead to tell the village elders that they had arrived, and came back a few minutes later to tell the group that Templars were in the village as well, investigating the monster.

As Isa rested, Moss voice popped into his head. 'Isa, are you doing alright? Gryphon riding templars are flying everywhere in Windshear. They found me when I was casting my spell and chased me. I couldn't send a message.'

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Echo played peek-a-boo with Arrow, hiding behind trees, and making funny faces like Arrow does whenever he ‘Kwee!’. Renee came out of the camp and when she saw the light-hearted game, she decided to join too. Coming out the bushes and rocks with her wings spread wide open.

Isa lifted his notes up as Snuggles rested on his lap before lightly resting his notes on the chocobo; rubbing her cheeks and head occasionally. “Hm- oof-!” The teen flinched as a massive white wing covered his head and entire chest, forcing him to lean on Whipped Cream and-

The large bird is so warm-!

The redhead nuzzled his cheek on the warm feathers, getting comfortable within the cozy small space to read his notes. Soon enough, his eyes started to droop, hearing James’ voice saying something about Templars being within the area. Then he tensed at Moss’ voice, smiling wide in relief as he sighed. Loosening his body enough to just mold on top of Whipped Cream.

“Moss-! I’m so happy to hear ya again! I’m doing fine for now. You’re gonna hate this, but I’m gonna try to banish the Tuilpost.” Isa mumbled, his smile tensing into a rebellious one. “So...don’t pull my cheeks.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Arrow bobbed his head up and down crazily whenever he found Echo or Renee. He was having a lot of fun, jumping and mirroring Echo's funny faces, or spreading his wings whenever Renee popped up. He would get startled sometimes, and then bob his head as though he found that boo a hoot; James and Sasha looked on at them as though they were children, while the silver stag slept serenely at the side.

Meanwhile, "No, I'm not gonna pull your cheeks." scoffed Moss as though that was ridiculous, as if that was something someone with no experience in tussling with monsters of this calber would say to someone whose been hunting demons all his life. "You don't have to ask for my permission. You do what you do best and banish that demon, Isa. When are you fighting?"

Katsuya Katsuya
-1 Alchemical

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Renee hopped over to where Sasha and James were, covering her mask with her bandaged hands. Then played peek-a-boo, spreading her wings, and bobbing her head side to side. Giving the feeling that she hoped they join in too.

Isa was surprised with Moss’ reaction, his rebellious smile softening. “I thought you will since it’s the monster that chased ya before.“ He snuggled into Whipped Cream’s feathers and stretched his legs so Snuggles can be comfortable on his lap. “As soon we have information of where it is. How is your hypothermia? Are you feeling better?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

James shook his head in a deadpan at Renee, and just ruffled her hair.

"Weather was alright the past few days, so it wasn't that cold. I'm not better, I'm being hunted." Moss groaned. "I'm almost there, two more mountains and I'll be in The Highlands."

Katsuya Katsuya
-2 Alchemical

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Renee thrilled loudly, hopping away from James-

Only to surprise body tackle him to the ground before rolling away, chirping playfully. Giving the sense that she’s laughing.

“Let me know when you’re at or over the borders. I’ll pick ya up.” Isa mentioned. Then he groaned. “I know. I know. I’m sorry that you got involved in this mess, Moss.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

James grunted in surprise, as Sasha flew away hooting, disgruntled. "Renee! Ughhhhhhhh." groaned James on the leafy floor. He sat up, rubbing his head, disgruntled too. Arrow trotted over, then collapsed his head on James' lap, nuzzling for pets and curling around him looking ready to sleep. "No, not you too!" he sighed and patted the chocobo, defeated.

"No pick ups, they'll catch you just for having Smoky. It's not your fault, Isa. I should have been more careful and not talk carelessly about portals in the streets." said Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Cliffdrift Village -

“Hahah! You just can’t take a break with birds, huh, James? Not even the spirit ones.” Echo giggled behind the small pile of stick within her arms and dumping all of it away from Arrow and James. “Here, Sasha. You can land my shoulder if you like.” She looked at the tiny owl, smiling in amusement.​

Renee popped from behind James, tweeting quietly. Then she pointed where Isa is, where they can only see his legs coming from under a sleeping Snuggles and Whipped Cream.

“Okay, okay, I won’t pick ya up.” Isa sighed, grinning a bit. “I’m rather humbled by how much you care about me, Moss.” The merman can hear the dramatic hand on Isa’s chest as his voice sounded shy.

“To be so worried ... I’m happy.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

"I just want the peace and quiet." said James, leaning back on Arrow who preened and snuggled around him tighter. Sasha flew down on Echo's shoulder, ruffling her feathers. She was so small she could probably snuggle into Echo's fluffy ears. James looked to where Renee was pointing. "He's doing alright, he's receiving messages again, probably from that Moss fellow." he looked up at the sun setting sky at something Renee couldn't see. "You should rest, we need you in tip top shape for the fight." he ruffled Renee's hair again. "We might end up meeting this monster in the dark."

Moss took a long time to reply. "I mean . . . of course I'm going to keep you safe." he muttered. " . . . You stay safe. What time should I message you again today, Isa?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

Renee cooed, squishing James’ cheeks before hopping towards the tent to rest inside. Once she zipped the flaps, she unwrapped her mask, and sighed in relief. Finally hitting her head on a pillow and slept hard; wings splayed haphazardly. Outside, Echo shook her head as she sat down to fix the fire pit. Carefully choosing which stick is the driest for the fire and circling the stones around the pit.

“You think it’s more awake at night?” The satyr asked as she nudged a stone to fit in the other snug-like.

”Of course, I will try my earnest to stay safe.” Isa mumbled, smiling warm. “Message me tomorrow morning when you’re safe from the Templars. There’s a chance that I’ll see the monster tonight.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

"I don't know. I'm just preparing for the worse, as usual." said James, petting the chocobo.

"Alright." Moss exhaled, worried. "Isa . . . " There was a long pause that it seemed as though that was the end of the message. Then he took a nervous breath. "Let's have swimming lessons after we meet up, and-and cook together, and make a shopping list together for our food for the next days, alright?" he said meaningfully.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"
“Want some herbal tea after asking around?” Echo asked, finishing the fire pit, and sat down on the grassy ground. Her green eyes looked over to where the other redhead, frowning subtly. “ . . . Does that include him possibly failing the banishment?”

“Moss . . .” Isa hummed, touched as his heart punched against his chest. His warm smile held a twinge of fear and understanding. “Yea. Yea, let’s do that. I still need to show ya how to ride Smoky and make the plans ya want for your machine.” He mentioned, letting his optimism show up in his tone. Wanting to comfort the merman’s worries somehow.

“I’ll see ya soon, Moss.” Isa muttered tenderly.

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

"Tea would be wonderful." smiled James gratefully. He glanced at Isa, and nodded. "If worse comes to worse we do it the old fashioned way and destroy it. I'm counting on you to keep it from escaping, Echo. I'll contain the damage if we can't fight it away from the village, so that you can go all out without destroying any buildings. Once Renee wakes up from her nap, let's begin the investigation."

Meanwhile Moss took another moment to reply. It seemed as though he wanted to say more, but didn't. "I'll see you soon, Isa."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

“Alright.” Echo agreed, reaching up to carefully rub Sasha’s head with a fingertip.

Isa stayed quiet, his warm smile turned bittersweet. He’s aware that they have to separate, they might not see each other again. Unless Isa buys and uses the leyline every time he could, but he wondered if Moss would be okay with that. The redhead had his own agenda too, looking down at his notes. The letter for his uncle and the letter for him from the same sender . . .

He doesn’t need the wish, but he’s sure his uncle will want that sort of power; that knowledge this wish can give him. Should Isa ever receive it, he’ll give it to Moss. The teen doesn’t need it for himself when there’s the book and thief he’s chasing after.

The motorist stayed under the warm wings a little longer, imagining the feathers were fur and the wings were fins when he can hear a tent’s zipper unzipping. How long had he stayed there? The redhead shuffled his head up, amidst the feathers and saw the sun on the horizon of the trees. An hour and thirty minutes maybe. Give or take. He spotted Renee hopping out of the tent and sitting next to Echo who was chatting James random stuff and how was Lydia, a coworker in his book shop. The teen didn’t move from his spot until James called him and went on their ways to talk with people.

The women went to the lower half the cliffs and the men went to the higher sides. It was awkwardly quiet. Isa didn’t have any snide remarks or sarcastic quips. He was pondering about something and thought to ask James about it. “Née, James.” He started quietly. “If possible, can we also check the sunken temple after we deal with the Tuilpost? I wanna check something that caught my attention.”

”Wanna see if there is a tear or not.” Isa pointed it out.

Zer0 Zer0

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

"Yeah, we can. I actually checked it myself twice, the first time when your friend appeared, the second after you showed up. I didn't find anything, the portal was destroyed as always, it truly was your Ancient that brought you here." said James.

When they arrived at the village, the people look relieved to see James, Echo, and Renee, as though they knew them well. They were polite with Isa and welcomed him too.

"We have four families to visit." said James, "I'll take the Boyar and Amberlight families, you take the Swiftsong and the Mitsky family. Sasha, go with Isa. Isa, whatever you find or if there is an emergency, you can tell Sasha immediately." he handed him a note that had the addresses of the two families.

Hoot

The little owl hopped on to Isa's shoulder.

The two families were at the topmost northern end of the cliffside. The Swiftsong's home was carved into the mountain side next to the falls where water constantly sprayed on a wall of hanging magical herbs and baskets of mined crystals. They seem to be enchanters who sold masks that cast illusions that allowed others to enhance their beauty.

The Mitsky family looked like giant kite makers. They had beautiful colorful paper kites of different shapes and makes fluttering on poles outside of their hut tower. They also had gliders that could fold into staffs that allowed those who couldn't afford featherfalling magic to safely glide down to the bottom of the cliff. They had a delivery service too.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Cliffdrift Village -
"The Highlands"

That caught Isa’a attention. “Then either of the two things happened. The Tuilpost appeared from Windshear and flew here or someone summoned it within the Highlands.” He trusts James’ conclusions, being as he is the serious stoic type, and the redhead didn‘t like the idea that someone might have summoned it from the Void. Which shouldn’t be possible unless the summoning spell is from the Arcanic times—- the times that have caused humanity completely forget it’s own history. A suspicion appeared in his mind, one that made Isa desperate to find that thief more than ever.

Was he the one who summoned it? For what reason though? It’s too soon to jump to conclusions without solid evidence.

The teen was surprised to see the people being so nice to the Bird village trio. Same when they were being polite to him. With a rakish smile, he waved at everyone as a greeting, being polite as well. As the men went on their way up, Isa listened to James’ directions and took the scroll. Opening it as he felt feathers tickling his cheek and tiny talons digging into his shoulder. “Hello again, Sasha. Busy day, hm?” He greeted, gently rubbing her head as he read.

”Hm. The same to ya. I’d like to know if ya found anything or if there’s an emergency.“ Isa walked away as he made his way to the Swiftsong’s home. He paused before coming close to the door and inhaled. “I really hope we don’t have to jump off the cliff.” He mumbled to Sasha.

”Not a good swimmer. At least, you can fly.” The teen walked up to the door and knocked. Staring at the crystals and enjoyed the smell of fresh herbs. “It’s nice up here . . .”

Zer0 Zer0

- Swiftsong Home -
"Cliffdrift Village, The Highlands"

The little owl hooted at Isa lazily as though this was just a normal day for her.

The door opened and there on the threshold was an elderly woman with a sling around one arm and a cane in the other. "Yes, can I help you? We're closed for today." Behind her, Isa could see kids probably a few years older than him craning their necks to see who it was.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

Isa greeted the elderly lady with a rakish smile; a corner of his lips quirked higher than the other. “Good afternoon, Madam Swiftsong. My name is Isa and I’m on the search for the monster with James, Renee, and Echo from Bird village.” His eyes trailed over to her sling and brows furrowed. Genuinely worried.

”Forgive me for disturbing your rest, but I’d like to know if you or family know anything about the Tuilpost’s whereabouts.” The teen gently asked, spotting the ‘kids’ behind the lady, but focused on Mrs. Swiftsong.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

"Oh! Pardon me young, man, I thought you were a customer!" she laughed. "Come in, come in, please, the elders told me you would be coming. You are a new face, though, Mr. Bianchi, but I'm not complaining." she laughed again, and stood aside to let Isa in. "Kids, we have a visitor!"

"Okay, Auntie Mae!" said the kids. There were about a dozen of them, some who looked like the same age, some who didn't look like they were related, one girl who was elven, and two who were of the cat folk, none of them looked older than Isa, and a couple with bandages looked like they were recovering from injuries. The kids scrambled out of the cramped living room, arranging things, moving away wood and half-painted masks from the floor, and adding an extra chair to the dinner table where food was already laid out. Aunt Mae asked two of the kids to mind the food cooking on their clay stove, before guiding Isa to sit at the table.

"Thank you for coming. Me and my kids we were gathering firebrush flowers on the western side of the mountain a week ago just above the grazing grounds of the shepherds. That place was always safe. We have a few families here who have children working in the Templar legion who patrol that area frequently, so nothing ever happened to us whenever goblins or monsters came down from Windshear to raid our village, because they kept us safe. But that day . . . that was no ordinary monster that came down on us. Had we known it wanted that horned man, the Templars never would have helped him, and my daughter . . . my daughter Therias would not have died. . ." she clenched the table cloth, shaking her head. "He went to the guard tower for help with that abomination on his heels. And he just ran and hid while my daughter and the Templars fought the monster! It killed the Amberlight's eldest son, and all of Mitsky's grandchildren, Boyar senior and his wife, before flying off into the forest after that man." she breathed heavily. "It headed east, disappearing behind Widow's Peak. We never saw it since."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

Isa nodded and took a step inside. “Thank you, ma’am.” He said graciously.

When Mrs. Swiftsong lead him to the table, the redhead pulled a seat out for her. Silently gesturing her to sit first before sitting next to her. Then he listened to her tale, his soft frown grew more sad and remorseful as a suspicious idea popped in his head. What happened for Moss to be chased by the monster? He’s not foolish enough to endanger himself and raid in caves to disturb creatures or he’d have more creatures on his tail. Plus the Tuilpost came from another realm. No way Moss could even summon one, the merman had no experience with demons. Much less a creature like the Tuilpost. Something is not right here.

None of this is right-!

“I see . . .” Isa muttered quietly. Therias a big loving family and he can see that they are in pain. “Ma’am . . . may I have your permission to send a prayer to your daughter, Amberlight’s son, Mitsky’s grandchildren, Boyer senior and his wife at their gravesite? I’d . . . Um.”

She can see that he wanted to say more, but didn’t know how to explain it. So he added. “I don’t want to pry when it’s too early of a wound in here.” Isa lightly pointed at his chest, where the heart is as he looked down. Reminiscent of a sad puppy.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

"Yes, of course it's alright." said Aunt Mae, standing up. "This is very kind of you to do. We don't have a grave site here in Cliffdrift Village. We cremate our dead. Come, follow me." she led him to an adjacent room in the mountain carved home, it seemed to be where the kids slept for they went past many rooms with toys and where some of the kids had retreated to. They stopped at the one on the end, that seemed to have been not lived in for some time. Dust was on the bed and belongings, and on a shelf flanked by two lit candles was a clay urn. It was surrounded by stone carvings of a female elf, that depicted her life, wearing armor, wielding two daggers, fighting monsters. There were flowers surrounding the urn, and over flowing around the shelf.

"I'm sorry about the dust . . . I couldn't bear to move my daughter's things yet." said the elderly woman unhappily.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -

Isa kept his eyes forward as they passed the kids’ rooms. Once they reached Therias’ room, the redhead shook his head and gingerly patted her shoulder in hopes of comfort. “Ma’am, I still can’t go inside my mother’s room without crying for the past seven years.” He quietly shared to the grieving mother, his smile softened to one of understanding.

“You’re perfectly fine . . . Pardon the intrusion, Therias.” He took a step inside, not wanting to invade the space any further, and cupped his gloved hands. Closing his eyes as he canted an ancient language in his prayer. Sounding soothing and light.

“Jiunmata ivelischpfuli
Neftyoma sorepiyamei
Schijiyako alefni fatalliliya
Nic'hpisfa unhoreselye.”

Golden orbs floated around the room as a bright halo formed in his hands. Mrs. Swiftsong can see Isa physically lax as he hummed with his eyes closed. The orbs danced gently without rhyme or rhythm, one even coming close to Sasha, who is still perched on his shoulder.

Zer0 Zer0

- Swiftsong Home -

The ethereal golden spirit of an elven lady lifted from the urn. The elderly woman was shocked, even Sasha hooted in surprise. The spirit rushed down and embraced Aunt Mae and they both cried, the spirit shedding silent tears. Therias looked at Isa, and nodded gratefully, before settling in the older woman's embrace and faded. A single golden orb floated down Isa's hands, the light around it vanished, and a golden shard with silver dapples fell on his palm.

There was a rushing of feet and the kids came hurtling around the corner, asking, "Aunt Mae, are you okay!?"

The older woman was kneeling on the ground hugging herself, and crying. "I'm-I'm alright children . . . Therias . . . Therias has moved on in peace."

Katsuya Katsuya
x1 Soul shard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back