• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Swiftsong Home -
"Cliffdrift Village, The Highlands"

. D7EBA0CA-BA85-42F4-B1D3-0AC194CA32CF.jpeg Isa nodded back slowly, even though he didn’t see, he can feel that the spirit is grateful.

Then he heard the other children’s footsteps as the spirit said her good bye and sighed quietly. Opening his semi-dazed eyes, half-lidded, staring at the room. He looked over his shoulder to see the kids around their mother who was on the floor and so, he kneeled in front of her.

”Mrs. Swiftsong.” He called out quietly, his voice toned down in a soothing low pitch. “Therias left this for you.” Isa gently held her hand, palm up to gingerly place the sunny gem, and curl her fingers over it.

”She will be with all of you.” Then he stood up from his spot and walked over to the chest that was beside Therias’ bed and looked at the carpet. His half-lidded eyes sharpened. Pupils thinned like a cat in his subtle alarm.

“ . . . Ma’am, kids, who else has come in Therias’ room? If you don’t mind me askin’...” Isa asked, staring at the chest intently.

Zer0 Zer0

- Swiftsong Home -

"But this is . . ." Aunt Mae cradled the soul shard. "It's like the cremation ceremony of Elder Colleen. A priestess from Vanar honored her death by helping her soul move on just like this . . . Thank you." She gave a watery smile to Isa, wiping the tears off her face and reassuring the kids that she was alright.

She looked up when Isa asked his question. "Just her friend Penny from her company who paid her last respects. She wasn't able to attend the cremation ceremony so she visited Therias here four days ago."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -
”I see . . .” Isa muttered. “You’re welcome. Is this sort of ceremony only for the higher-ups within the Templars or something?”

He wanted Mrs. Swiftsong to stay calm as he muttered his spell. Cat-like eyes shining a bright indigo as he tried to spot any sort of flames, hazes, and smoke. Being cautious before he opened the chest or looked under the rug.

”I know this is a random question but ma’am: what’s in the chest?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

"Yes, for officers, though they do it for nobles, and the important people in villages too." She looked at him as though recognizing that he was casting a spell. "That's where Therias kept her important belongings. Why? What's wrong?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -

“It’s just-“ Isa sighed. He found nothing, no manna-based traps, thankfully. “Perhaps I’m weary from my travels, but there’s too much dust on the chest and rug compared to the rest of the room.”

”Like someone is trying to hide the fact they went through her stuff and covered more dust on top to cover their tracks.” The teen pointed out. He looked troubled, finding it difficult to even mention what’s about to past his lips. “Ma’am, this will be difficult, but may we open Therias’ chest and look under the rug? I just want to be careful.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Swiftsong Home -

"Alright." said Aunt Mae, slowly. "And please, call me Aunt Mae, Mr. Bianchi. Kids, let's give him some room." They stood back, the kids asking what was going on and why would anyone take their sister's things. Under the urn were folded furs. Aunt Mae opened them to reveal a sword resting above a dry bloodied Templar leather armor. She rummaged around the pockets and pulled out a ring of two keys and handed them to Isa.

The biker didn't detect any magic in the room. All was normal, until the chest was opened and he saw a very faint wisp of gold smoke emanating from between the pages of a novel titled, Much Ado About Nothing. Upon touching it Isa would feel a kind of summoning part storage spell on page 42. Apart from the book, there was also a very old mask that was similar in design to what the family sold, but smaller and clumsily made as though by a child. There was a set of well used finely painted tarrot cards that were emanating a glowing ember like flame. Upon touching it, Isa would feel harmless illusory magic just sitting dormant probably until the cards are used. There was a tower of novels under Much Ado About Nothing. There were also spoils from battles: monster horns, fangs, a carved candle with a claw sticking out from one end, an unadorned gold ring, a large coin engraved with the emblem of the Ancient Ifrit, vials of colorful dyes, and a spyglass.

Opening the rug, Isa would reveal nothing but stone a little cracked, but upon closer inspection, Isa would realize that one of the tiny cracks was a keyhole. It melded so seamlessly on the stone that Isa probably wouldn't have noticed it had he not a sharp eye.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -

Isa blinked owlishly like he didn’t expect to call her that, but grinned nonetheless. “Okay, Aunt Mae. Then please call me Isa.“

As they opened the chest, the teen looked inside, handling the items inside with care. As if he was holding precious and rare glass. “Ah, a bright follower of Ifrit.“ He smiled at the sight of the childish mask and looked under the book ‘Much ado about nothing’ before taking a look inside. To page 42. His eyes narrowed at the feel of the summoning storage spell. It felt odd that there’s even a storage spell in the book to begin with. At the touch of the tarot cards, he can tell that they were harmless, like most cards of this caliber.

Then when they pulled the rug off the floor, Isa leaned down, kneeling. His brow raised. “Hm? There’s a keyhole here . . .” The redhead looked at the ring with the two keys and tried them out on the keyhole. Wondering if it’ll fit inside and unlock something.

“Well here goes nothing . . .”

Zer0 Zer0

- Secret Room -
"Swiftsong Home, Cliffdrift Village, The Highlands"

Click

Magical seams appeared, following the contours of the rock, and then it sprung up slightly revealing the cracked surface to be a stone trap door that hinged upwards.

Aunt Mae gasped while the kids went whoaaa. "What is this? Why is this here?"

"So that's why Theri has dirty boots sometimes even when she didn't go outside . . ." Said one of the kids in wonder.

A rope ladder led down to a dark interior, the candles beside the urn not enough to illuminate what was below. It smelled of dust and damp earth.

If Isa illuminated the bottom, he would see a low muddy earth tunnel and there were footprints right underneath the rope ladder leading away north towards the darkness. They seemed a few days old judging by how dry the mud was around the prints. Sasha hooted in interest.

"What does this mean, Isa?" asked Aunt Mae. "Why would there be someone going through her things and why is this here?" She looked at the soul shard in her hand.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -

Isa stepped back when the seams started glowing, an arm out in front of Aunt Mae and the kids as it revealed the secret passage door. He raised a brow and took a closer look, raising a hand and lured a ball of fire from the candles. Then he dropped the small orb of blue flames, spotting the footsteps at the bottom of the tunnel before the flames went out at the touch of the mud.

He turned to Sasha with a deadpan. “Call James here, Sasha. Actually, call Renee and Echo too. I rather not take risks.” Then the redhead turned to Aunt Mae and the kids. He frowned as he showed the book to the woman.

”Page 42, it contains the remains of a summoning storage spell. I’m gonna guess and say this is it. I could be wrong.“ He shrugged. “I don’t know why this is here, but one thing is for sure.”

His grin sharpened, tense. ”I can say that someone wanted something Therias has and took it without anybody noticing by using this passage.” He asked Aunt Mae to make sure none of the kids said anything to anybody outside and to not let anybody else come inside the house except for his teammates. “I’ll wait here until James and the others come over.” He said to Aunt Mae.

Zer0 Zer0

- Swiftsong Home -

Aunt Mae agreed and told the kids what to do. They looked uncertain, a few a little scared. But she reassured them it was alright and to go back to the living room.

Sasha hooted in affirmative to Isa. And then a moment later, she spoke with James' voice: "Echo is on the way, Renee and I are still gathering information. Tell me quick and concise, what did you find, Isa?"

Aunt Mae returned. She took the book and examined page 42, murmurring words of magic. She moved her hand and it went through the page of the book. She felt around and pulled out a handful of crumpled letters, the string that tied them together cut open, some letters were torn, all were opened hastily. It was as though someone had shoved the letters back in the book quickly. Isa could glimpse that they were addressed to Therias, and all of them from someone named L.

"What in the world . . ." Aunt Mae began opening the letters.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Swiftsong Home -

“A tunnel under a rug in Therias’ room.” Isa reported, raising a high brow at Sasha. He is not used to this. “There’s footprints too.”

While waiting, the teen looked over to see the written contents and his breath hitched. “Wait, Aunty Mae.” He quickly placed a hand over hers, stopping her from opening it. “These letters ... if someone came here to stuff these letters back inside like that, then it’s best to not read them. The knowledge itself could be bad news.”

”For now, keep it inside that book and don’t read them. I’ll take it with me just in case.” Isa quietly mumbled, looking worried. “Best to not know anything in order to stay safe. Mind bringing a lantern? I’ll light it up so we can see inside the tunnel.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Swiftsong Home -

"Give me more context. I assume you didn't expect to find it there? Who's Therias and what does that have to do with the monster hunt?" said James voice a little impatiently. Sasha started hopping around and looking down at the tunnel and then back around the room, and then at the chest, and then the book.

Aunt Mae nodded at Isa in understanding. "Alright." she placed the letters back in the book and gave it to Isa. She looked concerned. "I'm just worried my daughter was doing bad things. Why would she keep this a secret from me?" She looked back at the soul shard. She went out of the room and then returned with two oil lamps already lit, and a pair of boots. She waited in the room with Isa, removing the sandals she was wearing and putting on the boots.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Secret Room -

”Obviously not-!” Isa deadpanned, his brow twitched. He was quick and precise and now James wants more details. What is he, a robot or something?

“Ya want me to give ya a paragraph? Fine. Therias is one of the victims that died at the Tuilpost sighting, daughter of Aunty Mae Swiftsong. She’s part of the Templars. I went in her room to pray to her ashes and found the room odd, so I looked in the chest that held her belongings and under the rug. I found a tunnel that’s locked with a key and no one in the family knew about it. Just Therias since she used this tunnel before. I opened it and there’s footprints marked on the ground that seemed to be days old based on the mud.”

”Someone came in Therias’ room for something that she held and left through the tunnel. It’s suspicious, James.” Isa huffed, watching Sasha hop around. “I think we should check out the tunnel, just in case it’ll lead us to the Tuilpost or the source of it’s origins.”

Then he looked at Aunt Mae and smiled gratefully. “Thank you.” The redhead tucked the book behind him, stuffing it inside a satchel on his belt holster and next to the raven-carved staff before covering it again with his coat. “I don’t know why she would keep this a secret, but she must have had her reasons.” Isa commented, taking deep breaths.

When she came back with the lanterns, switching her sandals to boots, Isa didn’t have the heart to stop her. This is Aunt Mae’s home and there’s a weird door in the bedroom of her dead daughter. Though her coming with will change Isa’s priority: to ensure that she stays safe and away from potential dangers.

At the sound of hoofs clomping on stone, Echo announced herself in with a polite greeting. Then she quietly gasped at the sight of the trapdoor. “Oh dear . . . Was this always here before?” She asked. After Isa explained to her of what’s going on, the fawn hummed. Tapping a finger tip on her lips as she pondered.

“It is suspicious . . . And it’s not a bad idea to check just in case.” She concluded. “Better safe than sorry, right James?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Secret Room -

"Why do you think the dead daughter has something to do with that monster?" said James curiously.

Aunt Mae, who can hear James' voice just fine stiffened at how Therias was addressed and frowned at Sasha. The moment Echo arrived, the kids jumped on her, greeting, "Hi Ms. Doom Hammer!"; "Are you here to beat up the bad monster?!"; "Can you throw me up again, please?"; "Are you going to stay here long?" Echo was famous for her strength and her kindness, and with the village this close to Thousand Cut, Minnie's crew often crossed this area to deal with demons or undead that came down from the badlands.

Aunt Mae bowed her head in greeting to Echo. "Evening, Ms. Muses, it's an honor to have you grace my home. Yes, this . . . apparently this has been here, but this is the first time I've known about it. My daughter never told me. Does she really have anything to do with the Tuilpost? She didn't know it was coming. That man. That man with the white hair and a horn on his head brought that monster here that killed my daughter."

James waited for a lull in the conversation, then said using Sasha. "Alright, Echo, but be careful and don't dally. I learned that the monster flew over to Widow's Peak. We need to check that mountain soon to see if the monster's still there or at least find some tracks we can follow."

Down the muddy tunnel, a closer look showed that there were two sets of footprints. One leading north, one coming back, and they were made by the same pair of boots. That was the only direction the tunnel headed to. They had to crouch so that their heads wouldn't hit the low ceiling. It was dark, save for the lights of the party. There was a steady drip drip of water from the ceiling, and on the tunnel went northwards for a few minutes, until they reached a dead end of just bare rocks. Isa could sense a protective enchantment oozing a little from gaps through the rocks, likely behind it that might be dangerous if not handled carefully.

Katsuya Katsuya
Therias' Book | Titled: Much Ado About Nothing. A book enchanted with a little pocket dimension in page 42 that contained letters from L.

- Secret Room -

Echo gently let the kids down, saying that as much as she would love to play, she’s on the job. “Perhaps next time, kids.”

”Her name is Therias, James.” Isa corrected before explaining. “I just find it weird that the Tuilpost would attack someone who has a secret door in their bedroom. It’s too much of a coincidence.”

He is surprised that James is not hoping into knowing more about this faster like he did with Moss and him. Then again, Isa did turn on the portal and Moss was in a panic when being chased by an unknown creature of another realm. This might not be related, but the teen wants to be sure, in this case. For various of reasons of his own.

His attention came back to the conversation when Echo spoke to Aunt Mae. “Okay, James —- Therias might not have anything to do with the monster, but it’s certainly strange that she has this door here, don‘t you think, Aunt Mae?“ Though she tilted her head in slight confusion. “Eh? But I thought he was chased, not-“

”Ms. Echo, we should not dally.” Isa muttered and he started to go down the ladder with a lantern in hand. Echo quietly sighed, nodded. “Alright then. Aunt Mae, I must ask you to stay up here, make sure the kids won’t come down here while we search.” Then she went down as well, her lips pinched when she realized that they have to duck their heads a bit, but didn’t complain. Not a peep as they made their way and following the tunnel. It took a few minutes but when they finally reached the end, Isa stood still. Slightly glaring at the wall.

”What’s wrong?” Echo asked.

”There’s a protective enchantment behind the wall. If we’re not careful, something might happen.” Isa replied, thinking of what he should do.

Zer0 Zer0

d616bf22b451606e9611185fafbdef97.jpg
- Secret Room -

After two hours of examining the enchantment, where James decided to go ahead with Renee to Widow's Peak after becoming impatient that the only person who can banish the monster was causing them to side track, Isa unlocked the seal on the dead end rock wall without triggering the magical defenses.

The same outline of magical light traced the crevices of the rocks, and there was a hiss of air, as the wall split in the middle, and unhinged open like a rock door, and there was a small dimly lit cavern surrounded by glowing crystals. On the straw covered floor was a baby hydra about the size of a chicken, looking up in excitement with all of its six snake like heads at Isa and Echo, and then it realized it wasn't the person it was familiar with and hissed at them warningly, it's little mouths gurgling with a luminous green goop that dripped down and sizzled the straw where it was curled up defensively, melting the straw and a bit of the rocks.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Secret Room -
Isa didn’t say anything when he heard James’ frustrations through Sasha, rolling his eyes as he disarmed the wall. “We’ll catch up with you two.” Echo told James through Sasha as she held the owl between her palms. When the rock wall was finally dissembled and it split open in the middle, the pair of redheads peeked inside and froze in surprise.

“A hydra?” Echo muttered, watching the green goop drip and burn the hay underneath. “What is it doing here? We have to kill it-“

”Hey, little guy. You’re okay~” Isa crouched down and slowly took his coat off, hoping the hydra won’t outright attack them. ”You’re okay - we don’t have to.”

”Um yes, we do.” The satyr insisted, keeping her eye on the hydra. “It’s dangerous and we’re on the mission to banishing the Tuilpost. We wasted too much time here-“

Then with stomp on the ground with her hooves and in her fighting stance, Echo pushed her arms forward. Thick tree roots sprouted out from the walls, ready to strike the hissing baby.

“Wait-! Don’t-“ Isa stood up to hold her arms down, but she was strong-! He couldn’t budge her!

”I’m sorry, Isa, but this has to go.”

——-

After they came out of the tunnel, Isa stayed quiet as Echo told Aunt Mae of their findings. Then they left with parting words to the family. The pair of redheads rode on the chocobos as they followed Sasha who is currently flying in front of them. The teen didn’t want to look at the satyr who looked remorseful.

Echo peeked over her shoulder. Her ears drooping. “I’m sorry, Isa, but it had to be done.”

” . . . Whatever.“ Isa muttered, lightly nuzzling Whipped Cream’s feathers. “I’m just a random stranger. What’s there to be sorry for?”

”. . . I can see it affected you.”

” So? I’m going to leave after Moss comes to Bird village. I’ll be gone and you won’t feel regret.”

”Says who?”

”Says me.” Isa sniped. Echo sighed. “Isa, why are you so worked up about this? I know it’s a baby but-“

”Because it’s a life.” He lifted his head up, glaring daggers. “Therias was looking after it and it had a life to look forward to. You shouldn’t have killed it-“

”It’s a dangerous animal living underneath a family. I can’t leave it alone like that.” Echo reasoned. “Even if we set it free in the wild, it will only die by other means. It’s better this way. We even dug a grave for it after and sealed the tunnel. No one will profit on it’s scales, toxin, or heads.”

“ . . .” He stayed silent. Echo sighed, shaking her head as she lightly pulled on Arrow’s rein. Walking beside Whipped Cream. “Isa, look-“

”I get it.” He muttered, looking down. Echo’s ears perked up in attention. “I get it. It’s part of your job to protect others, I’ve heard from James that you and your crew fought for peace. I just . . .“

”. . . Isa.” She reached out and lightly patted his shoulder in hopes of comfort, but he flinched away.

”Please. I just need space. I’ll get my act together, but please. I . . . I just need space.” She nodded.

”Of course.” Then she urged Arrow to go forward, leaving Isa to silently wallow. He’s just not very good at seeing and accepting an innocent life go out in front of him. Demons is one thing, their souls will be put to rest or will be banished. Creatures of the another realm can return alive, but a baby animal is still a baby. Therias was willing to break the Templar’s rules to look after it. That was enough for Isa to want to look after the hydra until it could live on it’s own.

It wasn’t until the pair can see James’ and Renee’s silhouettes, that Isa finally rode beside Echo and not glaring at her. Accepting what happened, happened. At least, he knew Echo was genuine about her guilt when she made the grave for the hydra and let small flowers bloom on top of the unmarked grave before sealing the tunnel.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
images (43).jpeg
- Widow's Peak -
"Night Time, The Highlands"

Aunt Mae and the kids were very surprised about the hydra, telling them that Therias had a fondness for monsters. She would try to make friends with them, and when she was younger she would bring fuzzy baby giant spiders, or rattlesnakes home and beg Aunt Mae if she could keep them. They were relieved it wasn't something bad-ish. They knew Therias, she was probably trying to protect it from hunters, but Aunt Mae was still relieved that the hydra was dead. They wouldn't know what to do with it, and she had kids to keep safe. And so with a thank you and well wishes for their hunt, Aunt Mae and the kids waved Echo and Isa good-bye.

As the two travelled to Widow's peak, they could see the destruction the monster carved through the forest as it chased Moss. There were rows of fallen splintered trees, deep gouges on the earth, but something was odd. There were signs of battle and the prints of hundreds of slithering hands in the mud, but there were also the same footprints as the ones Isa found in the secret tunnel, running away, mixed with the signs of battle. There were no signs of Moss' boot prints that Isa was more familiar with even though witnesses saw the monster chasing Moss into the forest.

Night had already fallen when they reached the peak, James silhouette under the moonlight waved the two over with a brief flash of lamplight. Sasha hooted and flew off Isa's shoulder and into James warm robe hood and snuggled there sleepily. She had been awake all morning; his glowing silver stag was nowhere to be found, while Snuggles was curled up around Renee a little uneasily from something. She had received a ley message from Seifer while she and James were waiting, asking how was the hunt going and that he missed her.

When Isa and Echo were there with them, James pointed down the peak at what looked like an avalanche a long ways under a ridge.

"We've been hearing boulders moving and muffled roaring under there. We've found it. It's trapped underground and trying to get out." said James.

Whipped Cream and Arrow made uneasy whark sounds.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Widow's Peak -
"Night Time, The Highlands"​

The pair of redheads got off their chocobos; Isa petted Whipped Cream comfortingly as Echo hugged Arrow when they squawked.

”On our way coming here, we spotted the same footprints from the tunnel leading up to here.” Echo reported. Renee thrilled quietly as she snuggled with Snuggles, sitting on the ground as if she didn’t want them to be seen. Stay hidden even though the Tuilpost is stuck under a rock slide. James heard Renee talk to Seifer in quiet whispers when she took off her mask, letting him know that they found it and she’s rather apprehensive about being so close to it.

’Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiillllll~’ Renee thrilled in a whisper, wings trembling.

“Want me to do it now or would ya like to rest some more?” Isa asked numbly, running his fingers through the white feathers to calm the large bird.

Zer0 Zer0

images (53).jpeg
- Round 1 -
"Widow's Peak, Night Time, The Highlands"

"That's odd." said James to Echo, cupping Sasha comfortingly. He whispered to the little birb and she poofed, disappearing in a puff of cloud.

"No, no more delays. Let's do this. Let's see how we can reach it and banish it." said James decisively.

He summoned wisps of flames, then they went down the avalanche wall. It seemed someone had set explosives on the mountain top to blow and cause the landslide. There were signs of battle. It seemed the monster was lured here on purpose. The bootprints and slithering hundreds of hand prints were everywhere on the mud and some dried purple blood.

Now that they were closer, they can hear the scraping of many rocks underneath one gigantic chunk of boulder, as though there was some deep hole underneath. Echo could push it and maybe it will release the monster or cause a deeper cave in that would cause it to retreat deeper underground. In any case James told them to stand back as Echo pushed it and to get ready. He told Renee to prepare to take out its wings. After casting protective enchantments on them all, he nodded at Echo to push the boulder.

CRASH

The giant rock rolled off, and hundreds of blue hands pulled up a crawling red worm-thing. Its head had three faces and some sort of tongue with eight more faces that tapered into one blue leg and some sort of flattened tail with a toothy snake head on one side? Three golden eyes sat on the head, two on the shoulders of the second pair of arms, and one above the three heads. Two of the eyes were slashed and bleeding and Isa could see the hilts of two daggers embedded deeply in the eyes.

"Isa, you're up!" yelled James.

One good golden eye stared at Isa in realization."Wretch! " The many heads shrieked together in an angry cacophony of different voices in Black Speech. "I see though hath come with more wretches to destroy me! Where is the other? Return me, or as thou banished me into this realm accursed, so shall I tear thee limb from limb and banish thee from the land of the living!"

Katsuya Katsuya
Hp: 3/3
Manna: 4
Toughness: 12
Spell Power: 16
Rolls: +4

Last edited:
- Round 1 -

Isa started at it with wide eyes, though confused. His staff in hand, slightly lowered now that he understood what the creature was saying. It knows Black Speech?!

”Okay, I’ll take you home. Back to the Void.” The redhead replied calmly to the angered Tuilpost, causing Echo and Renee to stare at Isa in shock. They didn’t understand what it was saying, yet Isa does? That’s really weird.

The teen started to mumble in the same language as the creature’s, holding the raven carved cane in front of him. The indigo gems in the eye cavities started to glow brightly.

”Spread your wings,
the call beckons for your return,
like the dandelions in the wind,
you must leave and root anew.

Leave this realm.

To where you once came from.”

Suddenly on the ground, a line of gentle golden flames circled around the creature. Echo and Renee stared as the flames formed a transparent orb, occasionally shining as waves of fire in the golden honey color.
Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Victory -

The creature towered above them angrily, a writhing red worm with hundreds of arms. It paused when the golden flames rose up and then relaxed?

It's one good eye glared at Isa, Echo, James, and Renee, before settling on Isa and the read head can tell, that if ever they crossed paths with this creature again there will be blood. And then the flames engulfed it, and there before them was the monster in glass. Cracks chinked and ran across its form, then it shattered into dust.

The monster was no more, leaving nothing in its wake but the gouged ground and what seemed to be a half burried mask in the dirt.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Widow's Peak -
"Night Time, The Highlands"​

It was quiet for a few moments.

Then Isa sighed as he finally moved, stretching his arms up, and cracking his back. He’s just happy that it wanted to go back to the Void. Though he didn’t expect to see a mask half buried in the ground. As Echo moved the rocks aside and Renee chirping, hopping behind Isa, the teen walked in the gorged ground and picked up the mask.

’Rrrrril?’ Renee tilted her head at the sight of the familiar mask before jumping back. Her wings spread open in shock. It’s the same mask as the thief’s!

Isa was blank, mind rolling around, wondering why was the thief’s mask here of all places- and everything clicked. One by one, all the clues he gathered from before that didn‘t fit, fits now. The monster accusing him and Moss attacking it, the footprints they found by the tunnel and on their way here, the way Therias’ letter was jammed in the book, and the thief being in Bird Village.

All of this was caused by the thief. The deaths of innocent villagers and the attack on the Tuilpost . . . That thief did it . . . But why?

Isa wasn’t paying attention to Renee when she squawked at James, pointing at the mask in his hands. Then she hopped over, cooing in worry as she poked the teen’s shoulder. Isa flinched back, snapping out of his trance.

”. . . I’m sorry, what?” Isa muttered, still catching up of what’s going on around him. That’s when he spotted something, his eyes focused on the ground behind Renee. The masked woman followed his line of sight and hooted, bringing James’ attention. Footprints on the dirt.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- 3 Days Later -
"Bird Village"

James was relieved it went very smoothly. "Good work." he told Isa.

There was more to this it seemed. Finding the monster opened up new questions, as they followed the footprints that circled around the forest and back to Cliffdrift Village. James also found the link between this and the thief and the dead daughter surprising and curious. He had noticed Isa keep the book with the letters, and he asked if he could read the letters, find out why one of the thieves most wanted by the templars went through the things of a dead girl after breaking into Vanar and stealing a book.

Three days passed, and once more the group found themselves back safe and sound in good old Bird Village. Moss had sent a ley message to Isa the day after banishing the Tuilpost and he was relieved it went as smooth as butter. He had finally crossed over to The Highlands and was tired, but very happy. And now on the morning of the third day since the banishing, he told Isa that he was now halfway there. Three more days, and they'll see each other again.

Sasha flew in Isa's room with a message from James telling him to come visit the Snowy Owl, where he gave Isa the blue crockpot, a cookbook titled: Mistakes Are Great by Renee Pendragon, and a small pouch filled with refined materia crystals and enchanter's gemstones. "Your share of the bounty for banishing the creature." said James, who explained that he told Inquisitor Giovanni that the monster was no more. Seth gave Isa the weekly wages for his work too and told him that he didn't need to come back to work immediately, that he can rest if he likes, and that he's did some research and tinkering on the machines from Elunore that he left him, and that he thinks he's on to something and to come visit him again if he'd like to see what he discovered about it.

x1 Thief Mask | Damaged, a little stained with blood. Mask of the thief that broke into Vanar and searched Therias' things.
x1 Blue Crockpot
x1 Cookbook: Mistakes are Great | +1 to Cooking
x16 Alchemical, from working in the Iron Itsumade Smithy
x50 Alchemical, Tuilpost Bounty
Katsuya Katsuya

- 3 Days Later -
"Bird Village"​

“No.” Isa replied, riding on Whipped Cream as the group followed the footprint trail one day. “Sorry, James, but as I said to Aunt Mae: the less you know, the better.” That night when they camped, everyone saw Isa pull out the letters and carefully burn them in the camp fire. Ashes flying in the cooling breeze of spring. He did keep the book though, thought it would be easier to carry things. Like the Citrus lotion Moss gifted him and the nail clippers he borrowed.

The morning he received Moss’ ley message, Isa was relieved to hear him, and told him to rest as much as he can. “I know you can take care of yourself, but i still worry about you, ya know.” He muttered tenderly, ears turning pink. Isa volunteered to drop the chocobos back to Kenren, thanking him for trusting them with their care. “Whipped Cream really likes to sleep on me.” He mentioned at the princely man and his golden beau who chuckled.

“He does that whenever Ken’en asks to look after someone.” Chenglei said with a puppy-like smile. Renee and Echo reunited with their pair. One being more forward with their affections while the other asked if they could go else where, holding Johnny’s hand and nibbling his ear. Isa noticed that Echo is rather private compared to Renee who jumped in Seifer’s arms without qualms with a trill. The teen watched their interactions and felt a bit lonely.

Still, he hoped to see Moss soon.

When he relaxed in his room that night, Isa was surprised to see Sasha outside his window, opening it to let her in. He untied the note around her leg and read as he rubbed her head before nodding. “Wanna come with me, Sasha? I’ll keep ya company and ya can rest your wings after a long trip.” He offered his shoulder and left the room. Walking to the Snowy Owl and opened the door, hearing the light ‘ting’ of the bell.

”Hello?” Isa called out. As James gave him the rewards he asked for, the teen was surprised to see the small pouch of gems in the crockpot and looked at James with a confused brow. Listening to the reason and sighed in relief. He doesn’t have to see the Inquisitor-! Good! That guy gave him anger issues. “Thank you . . . Nee, James. How come ya wanted to know about the Void?” He was curious.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back